The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

4 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:15 pm

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

WARNING: This fan fiction story contains language that may be disturbing to some readers. Reader discretion is advised.

NOTE:
This is a
9Dragons Online fan-fiction story.

Some parts and/or details have been inspired by ingame events and experience, other parts were "fan-fictionalized" and based on entirely different games, movies, stories, or fictional characters. And - although rare - some parts have also been inspired by real-world people, places, facts, events or experiences.
Sometimes it is more obvious, and sometimes it is less obvious. This is intended.
The point of not naming every single game/movie/character/whatever that flows into the story, is because some of these things are actually intended to be something like an "Easter Egg". Something to be found (and hopefully shared). Not everyone sees it, but once you get to know about it, it's a cool, little fun fact.
If people find any and want to talk about it, please do! If no one wants to talk about it, that's okay too.

Starting in about 2008, this entire work of "Legend, the Vagabond" went through quite the process throughout the years. Although heavily influenced by ingame experiences of 9Dragons Online at the beginning, imagination took over more and more as time went by, until it eventually took over pretty much everything, and the story comes to an end - in the 9Dragons universe.
The Story is planned to go on, although in a different universe.

I hope you'll enjoy reading through the story, and hope you won't give me any shit.
Thank you.

WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT (NECESSARILY) REPRESENT THE FINAL VERSION OF THE PROJECT

In addition to the story, there's also a 9Dragons Short Movie, titled "The Tale of Legend, The Son of The Vagabond": An artistic compilation of a few chapters, approx. from Chapter 1 to 5, made into a short movie.
Watch it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tymUsmW-_hA

Book 1: Legend, The Son of The Vagabond

Story Arc 1: The Story Begins

Chapter 1: Legend's Beginning
Chapter 2: The Techniques of all Clans
Chapter 3: The Travel Begins
Chapter 4: Lessons of Life
Chapter 5: The Vagabond is alive!
Chapter 6: The Path of a True Vagabond
Chapter 7: Support for the Vagabond Army
Chapter 8: The Agony of Choice
Chapter 9: Legend's Dream
Chapter 10: The Legend of the Vagabonds
Chapter 11: A Vagabond full of Energy
Chapter 12: The Mystic Seven Stars Marbles
Chapter 13: The Resurrection of Ruye
Chapter 14: A Good Bye from Legend

Story Arc 2: The Dark Messiah

Chapter 15: Legend's Return
Chapter 16: The lost Memory
Chapter 17: The Meeting with the Vagabond Army
Chapter 18: Who is Legend?
Chapter 19: The Interference of The Vagabond
Chapter 20: Step one, part one - Face your sins
Chapter 21: Step one, part two - The Dark Messiah
Chapter 22: Step two - Cleansing of a Heart
Chapter 23: Step three - Talk with The Vagabond
Chapter 24: Start in a new Life
Chapter 25: Unknown Letters
Chapter 26: New Friendships, new Challenges
Chapter 27: The Future of the Vagabonds
Chapter 28: The Test of the Vagabonds
Chapter 29: A dying Legend

Story Arc 3: Dark Times

Chapter 30: Nothing is so hard as man's Ingratitude
Chapter 31: The Resurrection of Legend
Chapter 32: Meeting of the Demons
Chapter 33: Ruye's Secret
Chapter 34: The Truth about The Vagabond
Chapter 35: Two Girls
Chapter 36: The Iron Fist
Chapter 37: The Truth about The Dark Hermit
Chapter 38: Ravenclaw
Chapter 39: The First beaten God
Chapter 40: Brothers for Life
Chapter 41: Kay'par
Chapter 42: Dreamghost
Chapter 43: Fists - The Neutral Way

Story Arc 4: In The Footsteps Of The Father

Chapter 44: Tianjin, The Land of The League of Beggars
Chapter 45: Mount Yanmo, The Land of Heavenly Demon
Chapter 46: Wu-Tang Shan, The Land of Wu-Tang
Chapter 47: Tai Shan, The Land of The Brotherhood of Thieves
Chapter 48: Song Shan, The Land of Shaolin
Chapter 49: Zixia Dong, The Land of Sacred Flower
Chapter 50: Zeno, The Darkness
Chapter 51: Vagabond of War
Chapter 52: Legend's Revenge
Chapter 53: Legend's Splitting
Chapter 54: The Last Battle
Chapter 55: Legend vs. The Hermit
Chapter 56: The Hermit's Death
Chapter 57: A New Beginning

Story Arc 5: The New Age

Chapter 58: Again From Scratch
Chapter 59: The Ego is Your Enemy, Not Your Friend
Chapter 60: No matter how hard the yesterday was...
Chapter 61: ...you can always begin again in the today
Chapter 62: Help Others Without to Want Anything in Return
Chapter 63: Change Comes From Within
Chapter 64: Anger, Hate & Other Disturbances
Chapter 65: Awakening of the Conscious Mind
Chapter 66: Everything is Good as it is
Chapter 67: Do Not Judge / So be it
Chapter 68: Awareness - The End of Suffering
Chapter 69: There Would be no Light Without Darkness
Chapter 70: The Biggest Obstacle in Life is Expectation
Chapter 71: Light Enlightens Darkness
Chapter 72: There is no Time
Chapter 73: Be a Light Unto Yourself
Chapter 74: As Part of Something Bigger, You Have to Make Sacrifices
Chapter 75: Go Your Own Way, And Let Others Go Their Way
Chapter 76: Namaste, Shambhala
Chapter 77: My Last Thoughts & Words

Book 2: Legend, The Vagabond

Story Arc 6: A New Time

Chapter 78: The Old Land
Chapter 79: Reflecting
Chapter 80: Old Riches
Chapter 81: Observation
Chapter 82: New Appearance
Chapter 83: Healthy Conversations
Chapter 84: Unexpected Events
Chapter 85: The Forbidden City - Part 1
Chapter 86: The Forbidden City - Part 2
Chapter 87: A New Face
Chapter 88: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 1
Chapter 89: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 2
Chapter 90: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 3
Chapter 91: Ruined Expectations
Chapter 92: Small Talk
Chapter 93: Enlightenment isn't for Everyone
Chapter 94: Fishing Trip
Chapter 95: Vagrant's Comeback?
Chapter 96: Ruye's Comeback
Chapter 97: The Unshaven Buddhist Monk
Chapter 98: Ruye & Ruxue
Chapter 99: Consequences
Chapter 100: Yin & Yang
Chapter 101: Practice with Ruye - Part 1
Chapter 102: Practice with Ruye - Part 2
Chapter 103: Fixed Problems
Chapter 104: The First Follower
Chapter 105: Reacquaintance with Dreamghost
Chapter 106: Confrontation with the Sacred Flower Clan
Chapter 107: The Gift of the Wu-Tang Clan
Chapter 108: Ruye Joins
Chapter 109: Dreamghost Joins Too
Chapter 110: Shaolin sends a Disciple
Chapter 111: The Brotherhood of Thieves Wants In
Chapter 112: Unexpected Follower: Soul Joins As Well
Chapter 113: Goodbyes
Chapter 114: Comeback

Story Arc 7: Nine Dragons

Foreword: The Journey Within
Chapter 115: None
Chapter 116: Losing Self
Chapter 117: Gathering Chi
Chapter 118: Opening Chi
Chapter 119: Revolving Chakra
Chapter 120: Raising Light
Chapter 121: Five Dragons
Chapter 122: Sun and Moon
Chapter 123: Golden Blossoms
Chapter 124: Elemental Crown
Chapter 125: Floral Crown
Chapter 126: Crimson Snake
Chapter 127: Golden Lotus
Chapter 128: Humble Master
Chapter 129: Little Master
Chapter 130: Hermit
Chapter 131: Projected Soul
Chapter 132: Dissolved Body
Chapter 133: Immortal
Chapter 134: Heaven's Gate
Chapter 135: Heavenly Immortal
Chapter 136: Immortal Spirit
Afterword: The Journey Within

Last edited by Legend on Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:28 pm; edited 147 times in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 1: Legend's Beginning

Post  Legend Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Chapter 1: Legend's Beginning

This young warrior was 20 years old when he started his travel. The Land called him Legend, and this is his story. Why the people called him Legend, you ask? This, young disciple, I will tell you later. His story started in Tianjin, the Land of the League of Beggars. The last 10 years, Legend was raised by Bamboo Master, the oldest of the League. Or to be more precise, he took care of Legend. Since the war of the nine dragons he took care of him. Till to the war of the nine dragons, he was raised by his parents. His father got many names... The 10th Dragon, The Nameless One, but the probably most known one: The Vagabond. His mother was Hu Shanshan, the dragon of the Beggars, or at least that was assumed.

The people never talked a lot about who his parents are, or whose child he is. But that was anyway not important to Legend. He had good parents, and he was fine. He lived since he was little in Tianjin, at Hu Shanshan. His father came often for a visit, but was the most time traveling through the Land. Legend was raised always neutral. Some people think, his parents didn't want him to just join the Clan of the Beggars, but to go his own way.

10 years ago, all dragons of the clans met in Bloody Plain. That was the place where the war of the nine dragons happened. When the war was over, some dragons were found dead, others disappeared. When Legend heard this message, he didn't want to believe it. He cried the whole night, and the people didn't see him outside for the next 3 months. After that, so the people tell, he started to close himself. Nobody knew what he thought. But that had also its advantages.

Bamboo Master tried to help Legend always as best as he could. Some people believe, that Hu Shanshan asked him before the war to take care of Legend, if she would not come back. And Bamboo Master tried his best. Legend never believed in the dead of his parents. He had the hope, that they would come back home one day.

10 years after the war of the nine dragons, when Legend just became 20 years old, he made a decision. He wanted to learn Kung Fu, to travel the Land and to search his father. Either Hu Shanshan would be with him, or he could help him to search her. When Legend went to Bamboo Master and told him about his decision, he asked curious: „So? You decided to become a warrior and to travel the Land? Which clan did you choose?“ - „None.“ Legend replied. „Excuse me?“ Bamboo Master asked surprised. „I will become a Vagabond. Just like my father.“ The old man started shortly to laugh and responded: „How do you want to learn martial arts?“ Legend answered: „I will go from clan to clan and learn the basic attacks.“ Bamboo Master explained him: „Your father was a Vagabond without clan, that's true. But even he started in a clan. It will be too hard for you to travel through the Land without clan.“ Legend replied: „I have decided.“ Bamboo Master: „Well then. You will notice soon enough that you will need a clan. You will not go far with only a few basic attacks.“ Legend answered a bit awkward: „Well, I hoped to learn Kung Fu from you...“ Bamboo Master started to laugh again and said: „No my boy, it doesn't work like this. You have to join a clan to learn their techniques.“ Even if there were so many facts against him, Legend didn't want to give up his idea. After the talk, Legend thanked Bamboo Master and stood up. He grabbed his bags and left the clanbase of the Beggars...

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 2: The Techniques of all Clans

Post  Legend Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Chapter 2: The Techniques of all Clans

After Legend left the clanbase of the Beggars, he went to Zheng Bi, the Sifu of Tianjin Martial School, which teaches all clanless travelers his own basic Kung Fu. Legend learned how to fight with his Fists and with the Staff. From this moment on, Legend used his Fists as weapon.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic1orl
He met a few people in Tianjin, which needed his help. How Legend is, he tried to help those who needed help.

After he had nothing more to do in Tianjin, Legend went to Song Shan, the Land of the Shaolins. There he went to Ma Foci, the Sifu of Song Shan Martial School. Legend learned how to smash with his Fists and how to fight with the Spade. Also there were people which needed help from a young warrior.

After Song Shan, Legend went to Wu-Tang Shan. Also there was a Sifu of Kung Fu, Yan Zonghe, the Sifu of Wu-Tang Shan Martial School. There Legend learned how to fight with the Sword. He could also help some people there, and so it came that Legend learned an advanced technique of the Fist and Sword fight from an old Wu-Tang affiliated. But not only that. Legend learned also a basic Lightfoot from the Wu-Tang, so he was able to run faster from now on. From this moment on, Legend fought with the Sword.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic2sl

The white clans were done, now it was time for Legend to visit the black clans. He had a bit a weird feeling, but Legend just had to learn everything he could. That was the only way he could get far on his travel. First Legend went to Tai Shan, the Land of the Broderhood of Thieves. The Sifu of Tai Shan Martial School, Shi Wendao, taught him how to fight with the Axe and the Spear. Also there Legend could help some people. Legend appreciated that he could help so many people, after all he could gain experience on that way. Now it was time for Mount Yanmo.

When Legend entered the Land of the Heavenly Demons, he felt strange. A cold shudder ran down his spine, but he was fascinated at the same time about the vulcanic landscape. He went to Hu Guihao, the Sifu of Mount Yanmo Martial School. There he learned how to fight with the Saber. In Mount Yanmo were many people which he could help. Amongst others also some people from the Heavenly Demon clan. And so, by way of thanks for Legend's help, he learned an advanced technique of Fist and Saber fight and the basic Lightfoot from the clan. The Lightfoot was very similar to the Wu-Tang's one, but not the exact same. Legend liked especially the advanced basic saber technique, even if he didn't like the most Saber weapons. He changed his fightstyle and started to use the Fist technique of the Heavenly Demons.

Jin Binglao, a female demon which tests everyone which want to join their clan, gave him also some jobs to do. Even if Legend didn't want to join the clan, he did the work. When she didn't have any more jobs for him, she said: „You are ready to join our clan. But I want you to do one more job.“ Legend asked: „One more job?“ Jin Binglao: „Yes. Actually this quest will be given only to those which joined our clan already. But I can see something in you... I can barely describe it. I want to see how you will handle this task. Go and take the blood of the Knife of White Shadows. And then bring it to me.“ Legend: „What please?“ Jin Binglao: „Don't you know who he is?“ Legend: „Of course I know who he is. I saw him already a few times. And he is too strong. I can't kill him.“ Jin Binglao: „You don't have to kill him. You just have to get some of his blood. Attack him with a weapon and hurt him. His blood will be on your weapon.“ Legend: „Well alright, if I have to do it...“ He started to walk to The Knife. When Legend saw him from far away, he grabbed his Saber. Then he attacked him with all he had. When he finally had some of his blood on his weapon, he ran away. When Legend was far enough, he looked back. The Knife of White Shadows was totally alright, as if he wasn't attacked. And Legend was already half dead.

When he arrived Jin Binglao again, he held his weapon with the blood of The Knife in front of her, looked serious and said: „Here you got what you wanted. I got to go further now.“ Jin Binglao: „You seem agitated.“ Legend answered sarcastic: „Agitated? What makes you think that? I just almost let me kill!“ Jin Binglao: „I had to test you. Don't you understand it?“ Legend: „No. Take the weapon with the blood. I got enough of it. I have to go find a healer.“ Jin Binglao: „The blood is for you.“ Legend: „What shall I do with that?“ Jin Binglao: „Lick a bit from it.“ Legend was holding his weapon still in front of her: „I'm not a vampire.“ Jin Binglao: „It will heal you.“ When she said that, Legend was shortly silent. He thought about it. Then he decided to try it. He took a bit of the blood with his finger from the blade and licked it up. Then he felt a heavy power, which healed him then. Legend said surprised: „It works!“ Jin Binglao: „Yes, but it worked just this one time. Finally it's time. You are more than worthy to join our clan.“ Legend was still angry and answered a bit arrogant: „No thanks...“ Jin Binglao: „What please? But you have to!“ Legend: „Why should I have to do it?“ Jin Binglao: „What you just did is actually just for our members! It will be a curse for you!“ Legend: „Next time, think before you let somebody, who's not in your clan already, do that.“ Jin Binglao: „You... You tricked me!“ Legend: „You tricked me too. It's just luck that I'm still alive. So don't accuse me for something you aren't better on.“ Legend turned back and walked away.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic3ft

Then, Legend went to Zixia Dong, the Land of the Sacred Flowers. A clan which consists only of woman. Legend wondered if he was welcome there. He went again as first to the Sifu of Zixia Dong Martial School, Fang Shengli. But he didn't want to teach him anything, because Legend was not a woman. Just one person wanted Legend's help. He wanted some pieces of snakes, that was everything. Legend was done already. It was late, and he didn't sleep since a while. He went to the Inn in Peihua Village and stayed overnight there.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic4y

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 3: The Travel Begins

Post  Legend Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:20 pm

Chapter 3: The Travel Begins

The next day, Legend woke up with pangs on his whole body. He slept bad and sweated the whole night. He wondered if he was getting ill. He went out of the Inn and went to the clinic to buy some medicine. Now it was time for him, to start the real travel. First he wanted to go to Zhengzhou but before he had to go back to Wu-Tang Shan. When Legend was the first there, he saw some good clothes at the drapery, which would help him in the fight for sure. His current clothes would not hold for long. So Legend went there and purchased new clothes.

When he arrived Zhengzhou, Legend began to train. He fighted against all possible creatures. The other warriors watched always weird at him, and some even talked with him. A Wu-Tang disciple asked: „Are you a Vagabond?“ Legend wanted to answer: „Yes, my name is...“ But the Wu-Tang disciple interrupted him: „I don't care who you are. You are a laughing stock, that's all. Go and join a clan, newbie.“ The most people in Zhengzhou laughed about Legend. But there were also some people which weren't mean to him. A female Wu-Tang warrior asked Legend too, why he was clanless. But she was the only one which showed him respect, because he didn't join any clan. But that was an individual case.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic5p
Legend thought to himself: „I thought the white clan members would be nicer. Why are they laughing about me? Is it really so weird that I didn't join a clan?“ Sometime he decided to go to Shi Zhang, the land of the black clans. He thought, it can't get worse. And so he went to Shi Zhang and trained there. There he purchased new pants, because his old ones were already disrupted.

What kind of people he met there, he didn't expect. It was the totally contrary of the white clans. There, the most people showed him respect, because he was a clanless Vagabond, and only a few have laughed at him.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic6q
The most people were very helpful there. And so Legend learned about the so-called Death Valley. The story tells, that the Death Valley is a cursed place. The most which entered the Death Valley didn't come back. Those who did, tell about a powerful, onetime member of a white clan. Rumors tell, it is a Beggar. That made Legend very curious. He wanted to train more and to become stronger, because he wanted to see this cursed Beggar.

Some disciples of the black clans asked Legend one day, if he really want to do it. After showing them, that he really want to, they decided to go with him. They put a team together of warriors and healers. They even had passes, which granted them entry.

They went all to the Death Valley and entered it. When they were inside, the entrance closed behind them and a poison came out of the ground. Legend asked nervously: „What is that?!“ A demon called Ruye and leader of their party answered: „Damn! We have to destroy the statues! Legend, stay here and try to cure yourself! The healers will stay also next to you!“ He ran with two other warriors and went into little corridors. Two healers stayed next to Legend and tried to help him. After a while, the poison stopped to come out of the ground. The gate in front of them opened and they went further. There were some creatures, but they were no big match and were defeated fast. And so, also the second gate in front of them opened. They saw the mighty Beggar standing above. He stood there and waited. They defeated also all creatures in the 3rd room. But then, more creatures appeared, and the Beggar jumped down.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic7i
Now it was dangerous. After they defeated all creatures, they attacked all Shuan Mian, the Double-faced Beggar. First, they had a bit trouble with him, but they could manage it. But after the Beggar felt to the ground, he transformed himself. The healers tried to heal everyone, but Shuan Mian was too strong. He threw everyone away, as would they be toys. Legend was as good as finished. But an anger evolved inside of Legend, like he never had before. Then he suddenly get a red aura which surrounded him.

The people asked: „What happens to him??“ Ruye said: „He is in rage! This might help us!“ It seemed like Ruye knew what happened with Legend. But one of the healer said: „Look at his eyes! That's not a normal rage!“ Legend didn't care at all what the people were talking. He didn't realize a lot. He grabbed his Saber and attacked Shuan Mian with all he had. Everyone just stood there and looked at Legend, until Ruye said: „Strategist, Holist, heal him! Do it!

Legend attacked without a break, and both healers healed him. Sometime, when the Beggar was almost done, Legend held his weapon back and attacked him one last time with full power, and killed Shuan Mian. When he was dead, Legend's red aura went away, and he broke down. The whole dungeon started to shiver, then Ruye shouted: „We got to go out here! Everything will break soon! Take the Vagabond and everything you can find and carry it out! I will open us the exit!“ They took Legend and opened some chests in front of the exit. After that, everyone went out, and they brought Legend to the Xuanshe Village clinic.

There, Legend woke up again. Ruye the demon talked to him: „Dude, that was incredible! And the fact, that you are a Vagabond, makes it even more incredible!“ Then he turned around and shouted to the people: „This Vagabond is a Legend! He is the Killer of Shuan Mian!“ Then he turned back and talked again to Legend: „How's your name, by the way?“ Legend: „I am...“ Legend was shortly quiet, and Ruye asked: „Yes..?“ Legend: „I don't know anymore how my name is.“ He was already a long time traveling around and never told his name to somebody. But even he didn't expect to forget his own name. Ruye spoke further: „Oh well, the people will talk about you anyway. Congratulations! That was a nice job.“ Legend: „Thanks, but without your help, I would die there for sure. Thanks everyone.“ Ruye: „Oh, before I forget it. We found some good clothes in the Death Valley. They are magical and will make you stronger.“ Legend really needed new clothes after this hard fight. So he took them. He said good bye to everyone and went train again.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic8c

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 4: Lessons of Life

Post  Legend Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:21 pm

Chapter 4: Lessons of Life

Legend was meanwhile since a long time in Shi Zhang. He wanted to go further to Datong soon. He looked around in the whole Shi Zhang, maybe he would find something interesting. And in fact he found a creature which is called Blood Wolf King. Some say, this creature is rare. After it attacked Legend, he killed it. He needed a while to kill it, so he noticed that this creature was indeed strong. In the near there was a bad guy, called The Master of Black Shadows. He was meanwhile already too weak for Legend.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic9e
He called him: „Hey you!“ The Master of Black Shadows just looked serious to Legend, but didn't say anything. Legend spoke further: „You got some interesting clothes.“ He answered him: „Get lost, or I will kill you!“ Short time after Legend had his clothes, and The Master of Black Shadows was dead.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic10t
Legend really liked these clothes a lot. He went back to his training in the near of the Death Valley, before he would go further to Datong.

Also other warriors trained there, and a demon didn't like Legend at all: „You're such a newbie!“ Legend asked: „A newbie?“ Legend didn't understand it. After all, he wasn't the weak warrior anymore he was once. But the demon spoke further: „Yes! I like The Vagabond from the old tales of the nine dragons, but not people which try to be a Vagabond either!“ He talked about Legend's father. Legend became slowly angry: „Leave me alone. That's my decision. You got a big mouth, nothing more.“ The demon: „Then let's go to Bloody Plain and fight against me!“ Bloody Plain was the place where the war of the nine dragons happened... The place where Legend's father was seen as last. Legend knew, the demon was stronger than him. Either he would win very close, or, and that was more probably, lose. So he tried to avoid a fight with him: „I'm sorry, I don't fight against weaker people.“ The demon asked: „You think you're stronger than me? We can also make a duel in Hefei, or fight right here. Then you will see who's stronger.“ Then, another warrior interfered: „He is Legend, the Killer of Shuan Mian. He must be really good.

I am Legend?” Legend thought. “Seems like the people really talked about me, and now I'm known as Legend.” But the demon contradicted him: „Bullshit! He probably just had help of stronger warriors!“ Legend asked mean: „So? And why aren't you the Killer of Shuan Mian?“ The demon: „I don't use my friends for something like this!“ Legend: „Oh really...“ The demon: „Come on, fight against me in Bloody Plain.“ Legend asked: „Do you really want to lose against a Vagabond? Furthermore, I don't have time for kids...“ The demon provoked him and asked: „Are you scared?“ Legend: „Alright, if you will let me alone then... We will meet in Bloody Plain, at the Conqueror's Tower.“ The demon: „Good! I will wait there!“ He had a big mouth, but he seemed to be a bit scared. Legend was sure the demon was stronger, but went to Bloody Plain anyway. The demon was of course faster, because he learned a better lightfoot technique from his clan.

On the way Legend met Ruye, the demon who helped him in Death Valley. Ruye: „Hey mate! Where are you going?“ Legend: „Hey pal. I go to Bloody Plain...“ Ruye: „Why?“ Legend: „Somebody challenged me...“ Ruye: „Do you accept every challenge?“ Legend: „Actually not. He laughed about me. And he talked about my father.“ Ruye: „Your father? Why does he know your father? And who is your father anyway?“ Legend: „Well, almost everyone knows him. The most call him The Vagabond.“ Ruye: „Wait a second... Do you want to tell me, your father is The Nameless One who ended the war of the nine dragons?“ Legend: „Yes...“ Ruye: „Damn... Dude! I didn't know that! My name is Ruye, by the way. I could come with you to Bloody Plain and step in, if you would need help.“ Legend: „Thanks, that would be nice.“ And so they went to Bloody Plain.

When they arrived there, Ruye asked Legend: „Can you see him already?“ Legend: „He's waiting at the Conqueror's Tower.“ Ruye: „Ah... And you just want to go there?“ Legend: „Yes.“ Ruye: „You don't know a lot about the fights in Bloody Plain, do you? You should check first if he really is alone, or if he got a friend with him.“ Legend: „And how shall I do that?“ Ruye: „Here, take this mask. Wear some other clothes and go check then.“ Legend: „Where you get that mask from?“ Ruye: „You can get them on a black market in Hefei.“ Legend: „You buy stuff from a black market?“ Ruye: „Sure, why not? Everyone does. You just shouldn't tell it around. People like Wan Daye and some Guards might not like it... But the black markets are hidden anyway.“ Legend wore some other clothes and the mask and said: „Ok, thanks.“ Ruye: „Let's go. I will follow you.

They went to the tower. When they arrived, they saw nobody. Legend looked a bit around, and then he saw the demon at the entrance of the white clans. But he was not alone. Ruye came to Legend, and Legend said: „There he is. But he's not alone. Can you handle his friend?“ Ruye: „Probably not. Seems like he's way stronger than me.“ Legend: „How do you know that?“ Ruye: „If you watch a warrior, you can know how good he is.” Legend: “How?” Ruye: “At their clothes, at their weapons, at their posture and attitude, just at everything. I think we should not try a fight.“ Legend: „I see. And what shall I do now?“ Ruye: „Well, brother. You can't do anything. You should better go back train.“ Legend: „Dammit!“ Legend felt a hate inside him, because he had to backtrack. But he knew Ruye was right. If he would risk a fight, he would lose. Legend felt this hate for some days.

Some weeks later, Legend was already training in Datong, he went back to Hefei, because he wanted to buy something. And there he met the demon, who challenged him, again: „If it isn't Legend. You're still a newbie. You must be really stubborn, hum? Were you scared last time, or why didn't you come to Bloody Plain?“ Legend: „Do you still want to fight against me?“ The demon: „I fight against you whenever you want. I'm meanwhile much stronger, by the way.“ Legend noticed at his clothes, his weapon, his posture and his attitude that Legend was anyway stronger than him. So Legend said: „Alright, let's go to Bloody Plain.“ When they arrived there, they went to an empty place. The demon attacked Legend immediately, without to give Legend a chance to prepare himself. A man without honor. But it didn't help him. He was fast defeated - it wasn't a special fight. When the demon was laying on the ground, Legend bowed down to him and said: „While you are only a warrior of a clan, who only does what the clan orders, I am a free warrior, who can go everywhere and does what he want. While you wasted your time with pointless conflicts and the laughing about other warriors, I trained. If I hear sometime that you treated another vagabond bad, I will search you. And then even your friends will not be able to help you.“ Legend stood up and went back to Datong.

In the meantime, Legend was also known as Killer of Meng Mian. In Zhengzhou exists also a Death Valley. But this quest was easier for Legend than back then in Shi Zhang, because Legend was much stronger.

In Datong, where Legend was training these days, there was a broken house. Nobody wanted it anymore, but for Legend it was perfect. So Legend used it to sleep there.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic12c
In the near was a tiger living. He didn't like Legend at the beginning and tried to attack him. But Legend found it funny, the poor tiger didn't have any chance. Legend found the tiger so cute, that he didn't attack it. While it attacked Legend day after day, Legend made day after day a joke of it. Sometime the tiger gave up and stopped to attack him. After a short while, Legend missed the tiger, and so he started to bring it every day something to eat. At the beginning, the tiger was mistrustful, but later the tiger ate it. After some weeks, the tiger was always happy again when it saw Legend coming.
The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic13hb
Sometimes it even went visiting Legend at his house. It wasn't rare that Legend was woken up by the tiger. But one day, the tiger didn't come anymore. Legend wondered already, where the tiger was. Legend took a piece of meat and searched it. But then he found the tiger dead on the ground. He was killed by a warrior. When Legend saw the tiger laying on the ground, he let the meat fall. He went slowly to it, knelt down and took the tiger in his arms. The tiger was dead. His blood was on the ground. Some tears flowed down his cheeks and he was glad to have that big hat to hide his eyes. He took his weapon and went train to another place.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legendary Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:04 pm

..why did ya stop mate..the story isin't complete
Guess ya may remember me...and if not i hope you will come so i can tell you :D
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Legendary wrote:..why did ya stop mate..the story isin't complete
Guess ya may remember me...and if not i hope you will come so i can tell you :D
Legendary, good to see you back here :)
Of course I didn't forget you. I never forget people who honored me in any way.

Yes, you are right. I didn't work on the translation of my story since a while. Although, I did work on the last few chapters and ended my story. I just published them on GamersFirst's 9Dragons forum so far. If you would like to read them, take a look here:
http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=90399

I'm a moderator on G1's 9D, but don't really play 9Dragons anymore, even with the template character. My original character was Hermit 1, and the only vagabond template is Golden Blossoms 12. That's a big punch in my balls. But I will see if I will come back sometime.

I will keep an eye over the clanless of the lands of the nine dragons and assist them, of course. So, I won't be totally gone from 9Dragons :)

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendary Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Ohh i don't play 9Dragons anymore...
When acclaim ruined the only REAL players ingame i seriously couldn't stand that and ragequit
Though...I still can't believe i'm actually talking to you
A REAL Legend,not like I am

Also,congratulations on becoming a moderator on G1..first time i tought you became one on 9Dragons :affraid:
Btw, I forgot the levels in 9D so don't bother =P
Oh and why do you still play the game after that kick in Vagabond's Army base that made it break?

Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Legendary wrote:Ohh i don't play 9Dragons anymore...
When acclaim ruined the only REAL players ingame i seriously couldn't stand that and ragequit
Very true, and understandable... I quitted too, on Acclaim. But when G1 took over, I came back to give it a shot. But yeah... Long story short, I lost my interest again.

Legendary wrote:Though...I still can't believe i'm actually talking to you
A REAL Legend,not like I am
Haha, you honor me too much, my friend. I am, after all, just a normal player. A normal player with a big mouth and the willingness to stand for the weakest in this game, the vagabonds.

Hm... I don't know... What makes me to a legend? The fact that I stayed so long time and helped the clanless? You helped too. You helped me, for example. People like you, who cheered me up, helped me over and over again on keeping my way. There's a legend in all of us ;)

Legendary wrote:Also,congratulations on becoming a moderator on G1..first time i tought you became one on 9Dragons :affraid:
Yeah, first time indeed. But you know how it is... As ex Acclaim enemy among ex Acclaim mods... Stressful.

Legendary wrote:Btw, I forgot the levels in 9D so don't bother =P
Ah, that's no problem.
Well, when I quit 9Dragons on Acclaim, my proud vagabond was Hermit 1, that's level 169. But the only vagabond template character is Golden Blossoms 12, level 96. So yeah, big punch in my balls.

I don't blame GamersFirst for it, though. It's rather Indy21's fault, that they still refuse to support the clanless.
Oh, how I miss the original development team of Indy21...

Legendary wrote:Oh and why do you still play the game after that kick in Vagabond's Army base that made it break?
I think you are talking about my story. That is just a fan-fiction, nothing more :)

The only thing I wanted, since Acclaim's so-called "game-directors" refused so hardly to talk civilized with me and to better their ways with their players, was a new publisher. Acclaim closed 9Dragons and GamersFirst took the game. That's a good reason to give it a try again. But how I said... Seeing all clan characters getting template characters which are at a similar or higher level (since many lied on the claiming website) like their old char at Acclaim, but getting and seeing the clanless getting only a template with level 96, makes me feel like I will never get Indy21's understanding.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendary Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:38 pm

Legend wrote:I think you are talking about my story. That is just a fan-fiction, nothing more :Smile:

The only thing I wanted, since Acclaim's so-called "game-directors" refused so hardly to talk civilized with me and to better their ways with their players, was a new publisher. Acclaim closed 9Dragons and GamersFirst took the game. That's a good reason to give it a try again. But how I said... Seeing all clan characters getting template characters which are at a similar or higher level (since many lied on the claiming website) like their old char at Acclaim, but getting and seeing the clanless getting only a template with level 96, makes me feel like I will never get Indy21's understanding.

Ehh.....no.
What i mean is, when acclaim banned ya from that event you worked that hard for, the vagabond event and when the vagabonds quit out of vagabond army community, why did ya still continue playing 9Dragons:?:
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Legendary wrote:Ehh.....no.
What i mean is, when acclaim banned ya from that event you worked that hard for, the vagabond event and when the vagabonds quit out of vagabond army community, why did ya still continue playing 9Dragons:?:
Uhm, no. That's when I quitted from Acclaim's 9Dragons. And I did not play anymore. Also noone had my acclaim account.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legendary Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Legend wrote:Uhm, no. That's when I quitted from Acclaim's 9Dragons. And I did not play anymore. Also noone had my acclaim account.
Oh...I just got rick rolled then :suspect:

Anyway...can ya send me your email through PM?
I wanna talk by instant MSG not 1 post/2 days >:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 5: The Vagabond is alive!

Post  Legend Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:01 am

Chapter 5: The Vagabond is alive!

Since almost two years now Legend was traveling the lands to find his father. During this time, he became much stronger than he was before. His reputation preceded him – He was not only known as the Killer of Shuan Mian and Meng Mian, but also as the Killer of Shao Yu-Lang and Mei San-he, the damned souls from the Valley of Hell. Compared to them, the damned from the Death Valley are nothing.

The 10th Dragon. The Nameless One. The Vagabond.
His father possesses many names. But nobody seemed to know his true name. But he knew it. Unlike his very own name, he never forgot the real name from his father.

He is The Son of The Vagabond. At that time, 12 years have passed since the war of the nine dragons. Legend was looking for his father for a long time already. Ruye was meanwile his best friend. Ruye helped him whenever he could.

Since two years Legend was looking for his father, but then, one day, hope came back into his life. Ruye told him a legend, which he heard:

Legend, are you still searching your father?“ Legend: „Yes, why are you asking?“ Ruye: „Well, I kept my ears open, and somebody told me a legend.“ Legend: „Tell me.“ Ruye: „Long story short: The story tells, after the war of the nine dragons, The Vagabond went and hid deep in the Cave of Conquerors.“ Legend: „I got to go there! Where is that?“ Ruye: „Not so fast, my friend. Do you know what the Cave of the Concueror is?“ Legend: „I heard about it.“ Ruye: „Then you know how danger it is there?“ Legend: „Yes, I heard about it.“ Ruye: „Alright. I would like to accompany you, But I will not go with you inside. I'm too weak. But I can help you in another way.“ Legend asked curiously: „And how?“ Ruye: „Come, let's go to the Bloody Plains.

And so they both went together to the bloody plains. When they arrived, they looked for some special plant. When they had enough, Ruye gave them to Legend and said „These plants are called Conqueror's Herb. In the Cave of the Conqueror, there's a poison in the air. If you breath it, you will die soon. But when you eat these plants, the poison will be ineffective for you for some time. As soon you notice the effect disappearing, eat immediately another one.“ Legend: „Alright, I thank you.“ Ruye: „Wait... You will need this.“ Ruye gave him 5 special pills. Legend asked: „What's that?“ Ruye: „These pills are called Huatuos Panacea. They are very rare. Down there are very strong creatures, which could kill you without problems. If you're almost dying, take one of these. It will cure you and give you immunity for some time. I sadly don't have more. These 5 have to be enough. And before I forget it: The Cave of the Conqueror is a big maze. You should be damn carefully.“ Legend: „Thank you very much, my friend. I owe you one.“ Ruye: „That's alright. Just find your father and come back alive. I hope, you'll really find him down there.“ Ruye showed Legend the entrance to The Cave. Legend ate a plant and went inside.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic14i

So there he was in The Cave. He began to run, but he lost himself pretty fast. A Wu-Tang clan member asked him: „Are you lost?“ Mistrustfully Legend answered: „Yes...“ He asked: „Where do you want to go?“ Legend: „Deep into The Cave...“ He said: „Deep into The Cave? Looks like you're the first time in here. The Cave consists of four, actually five floors. The fifth one is rather secret. Few know how to enter it. If you want to go deep, then you probably have to go to the fourth floor.“ Legend: „And how can I get there?“ Wu-Tang: „Well, I can show you the way right up to the entrance to the third floor.“ Legend: „Alright then, show me.

He ran in front and showed Legend where he had to go. Legend noticed already in the second floor damn strong creatures, and he was wondering, what kind of creatures would wait in the third and fourth floor for him. When they arrived the entrance to the third floor, Legend thanked the Wu-Tang clan member and went inside. Legend had to trust his luck... He ran and ran, as fast as he could, until he reached the fourth floor. He had only three panaceas left, and he hoped they would be enough.

Legend ran past the Forbidden Swords of Wu-Tang and the Brotherhood of Thieves, then he saw him. He had a beggar look-alike suit, a little bottle, a very special and small sword, a long bow and a long cape. He was standing and watched the young disciples training there. Legend ran to him, past the creatures, until he reached him.

The young Legend spoke: „Father!!!“ The Vagabond looked at him with big eyes. He was very surprised to see him. Legend: „I searched you so long time!“ The Vagabond: „My... My son...? How...“ Legend knelt down in front of him and talked further:

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic15j

Father, I started my search for you, long time ago. I didn't join any clan, to become a real vagabond. Like you...“ He was still quiet, so Legend kept talking: „After the war of the nine dragons, I never saw you again. I searched you so long time... And found you finally... Father...“ Legend began to whine, but kept talking: „There's so much things I want to tell you. But I don't know where to start... I trained so hard to become a good warrior. Just to make you proud. Finally I found you. My god... I'm so happy...

At last Vagabond spoke, happily: „My son! It's really you! My god... Look at you, how big and strong you've become... Stand up!“ Legend stood up, and The Vagabond hugged him. It felt good to hug his father. Finally he found him. Legend kept wondering, if this was only a dream. But Legend didn't care at all, at this time. He only wanted to enjoy the moment, even if it would be only a dream.

And so Legend talked again to him: „But tell me, how are you? What are you doing here? And why did you never come back?“ The Vagabond: „My son... I never wanted to leave you... But I didn't see any other way... After the war of the nine dragons was over, I woke up in the middle of the battle field. Some clan dragons disappeared without any trace. Some were laying dead on the ground. So I disappeared too. All old dragons gave the young generation the chance to do it better than we did.“ Legend: „But the tales tell that you were the one who ended the war.“ The Vagabond: „Yes, I did try to gather all dragons to end the war. It worked, but we all had to pay the price... I lost Hu-Shanshan. And you, my son, I couldn't see anymore...“ Legend: „I see...“ The Vagabond: „But tell me again... Are you really a vagabond?“ Legend: „Yes, I didn't join any clan. I wanted to be like you.“ The Vagabond: „That's very brave, my son. But how you know, also I wasn't always a vagabond. I also started in a clan. You could've start in a clan, too, and leave the clan later.“ Legend: „I know, father. But I've decided.“ The Vagabond held Legend and said: „I'm really proud of you.

Legend: „But father, where's Hu-Shanshan? Is she still alive?“ The Vagabond: „I sadly don't know that...“ Legend: „Then we should look for her together!“ The Vagabond: „I can't come with you, my son...

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond W1fnfm

Legend: „What?“ The Vagabond: „As long there are no new clan dragons, the old dragons won't return. Until then, I will stay here and help the people around here.“ Legend: „But father, what shall I do now?“ The Vagabond thought a short while, then he said: „You're also looking for Hu-Shanshan, the lost dragon of The League of Beggars, no?“ Legend: „Yes...“ The Vagabond: „Then go look for her. You also did find me. Perhaps you'll manage to find her too.“ Legend: „Yes, my father. I will follow your advises... Thank you very much. I will come back, sometime... To see you again.“ He was shortly quiet, then he said: „But before I go... Just one more question... Is Hu-Shanshan my mother?“ The Vagabond didn't say anything for a short time. But then he gave Legend an answer: „I think, you should ask that herself.“ Legend: „Ok, thank you very much, father. I will see you again... I promiss.“ The Vagabond: „Be careful, my son.“ Legend: „Be careful, father... Good bye...

The Vagabond showed Legend a secret and short way out of The Cave back to the Bloody Plains. When Legend was gone, The Vagabond talked to himself: „I hope, I gave him enough good reasons to keep it up. I can see that he got a dark heart. I hope, the time will help him. Take care, my son.

Legend finally found his father, and he was luckily alright. But it didn't came how Legend hoped. Legend was alone again and he had a new quest. But at least he knew that his father was doing well. With knowing this, his heart had to be content. He headed back to Hangzhou to train further, and to a new search.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic17s

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 6: The Path of a True Vagabond

Post  Legend Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:33 pm

Chapter 6: The Path of a True Vagabond

Legend's training place was Hangzhou. He was meanwhile known as the Killer of Shen Mo - A damned one he found once in Datong. He was hard to defeat. Legend needed one strategist and one holist who healed him the whole time, and two warriors who attacked Shen Mo with him. Legend will never forget this fight.

The more near Shen Mo came to death, the more powerful were his hits. The strategist, the holist and one of the two warriors ran away when Shen Mo became too strong, and so Legend stayed only with the other warrior. It was total chaos. Legend almost lost his life, because he felt many times into coma. Luckily, the warrior was able to save him every time. At the end, even the warrior felt into coma. Legend was just able to save him, but felt then also into coma. The warrior, then, put all his eggs in one basket. As soon he was saved by Legend, he gave Shen Mo a smash with his last strength. Luckily, Shen Mo was hit, and it was strong enough to kill him. If the warrior would have missed, both would have died.

After killing Shen Mo, the warrior immediately saved Legend. Legend's clothes of the Master of Black Shadows were ruined, so he wore some other clothes he had with him, which he luckily found once in one of his conquests in the Death Valley.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond J62z9x

This was something Legend had to learn: Damned souls, like Shuan Mian, Mei San-he or Shen Mo, can't be destroyed. After their death they will come sooner or later back to life.

His friend Ruye was meanwhile like a brother for Legend - Somebody he can rely on, more than a good friend. Even if Legend noticed to be already stronger than him, he didn't notice any jealousy from Ruye, like bad friends would be. Legend noticed, that Ruye always tried to help him, however he could. And so also Legend helped often Ruye, whenever he needed his help.

Ruye had always again interesting informations for Legend. And so also this day. He told him about another vagabond who's called "V". Ruye told him, he saw him once in the Bloody Plains, how he cleaned up the ground with a clan member.

Amazing, for a vagabond.“ Legend thought. Ruye indeed told him, this V would be a strong vagabond. Even stronger than Legend. Legend just had to meet this vagabond. The only thing he was affraid of was, that he would be arrogant, because he might think he's something better as a strong vagabond. But Legend had to try it anyway. And so he tried to find him.

Some days later, Legend was in the first floor of The Cave of the Conqueror, this vagabond V ran past Legend. Legend recognized him because of the description some people gave to Legend about him. Legend tried to run after him, but he lost him fast in the middle of the maze of the cave. Legend couldn't find him anymore, and so he decided to go up to the Bloody Plains and to look there after him, furthermore he hadn't many Conqueror's Herbs left.

He went back up and looked in the whole Bloody Plains after V, but sadly he wasn't able to find him anywhere. He went to the entrance of the black clans and stood there around. He started to watch the others at their duels.

Ah right...“ Legend remembered, „I still have to go get some things in Hefei.

After he did what he needed to do, Legend felt like going back to the Bloody Plains and watching further the others fighting. When Legend returned in the Bloody Plains at the entrance of the black clans, there he was standing: V, the vagabond. He was standing there and watching the others fighting.

Legend went to him and started to talk: „Hi. You're a vagabond, right?“ V: „Yes. And you too, how I see.“ Legend: „Yes. Nice to meet another true vagabond.“ V: „Nice to meet you too.“ Legend: „You wear the clothes of The League of Beggars, even if you're a vagabond. How comes?“ V: „Well, a while ago it was possible to wear any clan's clothes. You just had to know how.“ Legend: „And how?“ V: „You want to wear them, too?“ Legend: „Yes. Your beggar clothes kinda remind me of my father...“ V: „Your father?“ Legend: „Uh... Yeah... The Vagabond...“ V: „Wait, you mean THE Vagabond?“ Legend: „Uhm... Yes.“ V: „Damn, I didn't know he had a son. He died in the war of the nine dragons, no?“ Legend: „Well... He disappeared, yes...“ V: „Sorry for that, man. But I will help you with the clan clothes. Listen, the peddler in Tianjin, his name is Gao Guanchu, he sells you the clan clothes you want - if you pay him a bit more.“ Legend: „And the masters of each clans are okay with it?“ V: „Well, the peddlers don't sell them officially to strangers, you know...“ Legend: „I see.“ V: „I have to tell you, though... There are some rumors that each clan started to investigate when they saw total strangers wearing their clan clothes. Some say, the peddlers don't sell them anymore to strangers. But I can't say. I haven't seen Gao Guanchu since a while.“ Legend: „And how comes you can still wear these clothes?“ V: „I don't know if I can. If a master sees me with them and asks me to take them off, then I guess I have to do it.“ Legend: „I see. I'll be right back. I'll try to get these clothes. Thanks for your help.“ V: „You're welcome. Good luck.“ Legend: „Thanks.

Could it really be possible for me to wear these clothes..?“ Legend asked himself. „Looking similar to my father. That would be so cool. I really hope that guy will still sell me these clothes.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic19cd

And so he went to Tianjin, the Land of the Beggars. He went to the peddler and asked for them, but the peddler didn't want to sell him any. He told him, he indeed did sell these in the past, but that he wasn't able to do it anymore. Legend knew, the only way to get them anyway was, to ask for permission.

He went to Bamboo Master and asked him. But Bamboo Master just looked shortly at him, turned back again and drank further his alcohol. Legend asked him: „What's the matter?“ Bamboo Master answered: „You got courage to just enter our clan base and asking me for such a favor. I told you already back then, that you will get nothing as a vagabond. If you want something from our clan, then you have to join us.“ Legend: „Ah, I see. You're angry because I didn't join your clan.“ Bamboo Master: „Hu-Shanshan would have wanted it.“ Legend: „Bullshit! My parents always wanted me to choose by myself!“ Bamboo Master: „Are you sure, Hu-Shanshan is your mother?“ Legend: „What do you mean?“ Bamboo Master kept quiet. Legend: „Tell me immediately if Hu-Shanshan's my mother or not!“ Bamboo Master: „Ask herself, when you've found her.“ Legend didn't understand what he meant and asked: „What?“ Bamboo Master replied: „You're so young and full of hope. But I'm old and know how life is. You will never find your parents. Not in 100 years. Just look at you! You're a clanless vagabond without any good technique. You're just a foolish, young boy.“ Without thinking, Legend replied: „You're such an asshole when you've drunk!“ Bamboo Master asked surprised: „Excuse me?“ Legend: „You were there for me when my parents disappeared. And now you treat me like a piece of trash.“ Bamboo Master was quiet again and didn't say anything. Legend: „You know what? I'll do you a favor. You won't see me ever again. That will be better for both of us. And about your theory that I won't find my parents: I have found my father. And he's alright. And I will also find my mother, take my word for it!

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic20q

Legend turned back and started to walk away. First, Bamboo Master didn't say anything. But soon started to call him: „That was just a lie, right?“ Legend said nothing and kept walking. Bamboo Master: „I'm sorry for what I've said! Please tell me where your father is!“ Legend walked further, but said with tears in his eyes to himself „Good bye, old man.“ without to turn around. Bamboo Master: „Please, come back! I'm sorry!

Legend left the clan base and Tianjin after. From then on there was nothing what would bring him back to Tianjin, until he has found his mother.

He went back to the Bloody Plains to V. He greeted him again: „Hey, I'm back...“ V: „So, did it work?“ Legend: „Sadly not... But I thank you anyway for your help...“ V noticed that Legend was kinda disappointed. V: „Sorry that it didn't work.“ Legend: „Don't worry about it.“ V: „How's your name, actually?“ Legend: „People call me Legend.“ V: „Pleased to meet you. People call me V.“ Legend: „Pleased to meet you, too.

Soon, the Bloody Plains were kinda silent again, and so Legend decided to go back to his training. Legend: „Well, I'll go back to my training. If you need help anytime, feel free to ask me. Vagabonds should help vagabonds.“ V: „Thanks. If you also need any help, then just tell me, too.“ Legend: „Thank you very much. Take care. See you.“ V: „See you.

And so Legend went back to his training. He thought to himself „This Land will be led one day by vagabonds. It would be really cool if there's a vagabond league some day.

Hm... Is is actually possible..?“ Legend started to think: „The disciples of the clans create bands from time to time with other disciples and form with other bands a league. But the problem is, that the clan masters have to give their approval first. But vagabonds don't have any master... Maybe my father could help with that. I should pay him a visit sometime again and ask him about that.

Some days later, Ruye gave him some new informations. He told Legend about the probably strongest vagabond in the whole land, after The Vagabond himself, of course. „The name is Vagrant.“ Ruye said. Legend thought to himself: „I have to try and find him. If he's really so strong, then he might be able to help me getting better. Maybe he also got some other tips, or maybe he even knows how to form a vagabond league. I just hope he will not be arrogant. I hope he will be the contrary, just like V.

Legend looked after him for a few weeks, but couldn't find nor hear anything about him. Legend already started to wonder if Ruye was wrong. „Ruye is very trustworthy, so I'll try further.“ Legend thought to himself. And indeed, he kept trying, but by another way. Since Hefei's the trading town and every warrior in the land goes there sooner or later to take care of their business, Legend looked for informations there. He went to the official in Hefei, Zhao Hantie. He asked him about Vagrant: „Have you seen many vagabonds already?“ Zhao Hantie: „Well, not many. But there are more every day. You're a vagabond too, right?“ Legend: „Yes, and I'm looking for a vagabond called "Vagrant". Did you ever hear about this vagabond?“ Zhao Hantie: „Of course. This vagabond's sometimes here in Hefei, not a lot, though.“ Legend: „How can I contact him?“ Zhao Hantie: „Hm... Well, you could write a letter and give it to me. As soon I see her the next time, I'll deliver your letter.“ Legend: „Awesome! Thanks a lot!

So Legend wrote a letter...
Greetings Vagrant.

I heard about you. Word is, you're a strong vagabond, so I tried to find you since a while. People call me Legend, and I'm a vagabond too. I was hoping to meet and learn from you. I got some questions - Maybe you can help me?

Regards, Legend.

He gave the sealed letter to Zhao Hantie and thanked him again. Some days later, when Legend was in Hefei, Zhao Hantie talked to him. He had a letter - A letter from Vagrant...

Hello Legend.

Nice to see there are other vagabonds in the land. I hope, you'll not give up like many others did already. I'm sadly not often in Hefei because I train in the North Sea Icy Palace. With our slow basic lightfoots it's a pain to come all the way back. But we surely can meet each other somewhere, sometime. I would like to help you as good as I can.

Regards, Vagrant.

Legend was surprised: „North Sea Icy Palace?! Damn! How strong is this vagabond?! This place is known for its tough creatures. I'll have to train some more years until I can train there.

Legend was excited to meet him. They wrote each other some letters, until they wanted to meet each other. Legend wanted to go to the North Sea Icy Palace to meet him, but Vagrant said he would surely die, so they agreed to meet in Liadong at the entrance to Hangzhou.

When Legend arrived there to meet him, there was noone. Short time later, a woman with an axe talked to Legend: „Hello.“ Legend: „Hi.“ She: „Are you Legend?“ Legend: „Yes, where do you know me from?“ She: „It's me, Vagrant.

VAGRANT IS A WOMAN?!“ Legend thought to himself. But he tried to not be too surprised. Legend didn't had any problem that the strongest vagabond in the land's a woman. He just explected a man, because "Vagrant" kinda sounds like a guys name. Nonetheless they both had a long talk about the path of a vagabond.

They talked about anything possible. She gave him some tips about how to process and what to train. She said, the axe can be the strongest weapon of all, but only if it's high refined. She also told him about vagabond clothes with four pockets. The pockets of the clothes are used for magic items which can help the warrior. However, only vagabond clothes with 3 pockets were known to him. She was even wearing such clothes. Both of her female vagabond jacket and pants had indeed four pockets. This was a sensation to Legend.

She also told him, she had an idea since a long time of a big vagabond army cleaning the whole Bloody Plains and defeating every clan member. Legend noticed that they both had similar ideologies, and so he asked her if there's any possibility to form a vagabond league. But she told him, there's none. However, she liked the idea and wanted to also look for a possibility. And so they both started to keep an eye open for new true vagabonds and to form a little group.

Sometime, right before Legend formed an inofficial guild of vagabonds, Vagrant disappeared. Legend didn't hear anything anymore about Vagrant, as if she just vanished. Legend wanted to find a name for the guild with Vagrant together, but now he had to do it by his own. He had a hard time finding a good name. He often wondered, if Vagrant would like this or than name. But soon, Vagrants words came into Legend's mind: "...cleaning the whole Bloody Plains with an entire vagabond army..."

Vagabond Army! That's it!“ Legend said to himself. From this day on, this little guild of only eight clanless vagabonds called themselves Vagabond Army.

In the hope, Vagrant might return one day, Legend kept it clear since the beginning that he's only a Sub-Master. „She shall lead the army.“ he thought to himself.

Legend tried to write her a letter through Zhao Hantie, but Zhao Hantie never saw Vagrant again and therefore the letter never arrived.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic21

Even if Legend was a Sub-Master, he tried to not be a master. He just recruited new vagabonds and tried to help wherever he could. Even if there were only eight members, Legend was sure that this guild would grow yet.

Legend wanted to realize Vagrant's idea of cleaning the whole Bloody Plains, but it wasn't the right time yet. He knew he had to keep working on his guild he created and had to wait for the right time. Not only the Vagabond Army needed more members, but also every single one had to become a lot stronger, to realize this quest with a success.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 7: Support for the Vagabond Army

Post  Legend Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:16 pm

Chapter 7: Support for the Vagabond Army

Some time has passed since Legend's last worth mentioning adventure. He had once again his favorite dress, the clothes of the Master of Black Shadows. Legend has visited his father in the meantime, too, and asked him for help to form an official vagabond league. Unfortunately, The Vagabond wasn't able to help, and he also didn't know what he could do to help. Also a visit at the master of the Heavenly Demon clan and the master of the Wu-Tang clan couldn't help him. They both refused to help Legend, because he's not a disciple of their clan.

Sometimes he met V in Hefei. They had always a chat when they saw each other. „He's a good vagabond, and a good person.“ The Legend reflected. He did join the Vagabond Army, and he was one of the bests.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2zricea

One day, Legend was sitting in the Bloody Plains around and watching the others fighting - Something he liked to do. On that day there weren't many people there. A young clan disciple probably thought he could defeat Legend easily, just because he's a vagabond, and attacked him. But when Legend was attacked, he stood up and defeated the clan disciple with only one hit. When the other warriors in the near saw that, they started to laugh. Legend loved these moments where he could show how strong a vagabond can be. Legend sat down again and kept watching the others.

Some days before, a woman talked to Legend in Hefei, as soon she noticed he's a vagabond. She told him about another strong vagabond. She told him, this vagabond is female and approx. at the same strength as Legend. When Legend asked for her name, she said: „Some call her VGP. Others call her newbie.“ - „Newbie?“ Legend asked, „Why do people call her like that?“ The woman in Hefei said: „Newbie, because she's clanless. Only clan disciples call her like that, though.“ - „Typically...“ Legend thought.

Of course, Legend had to find her. To make the Vagabond Army to something big, Legend had to gather all strong vagabonds in the land. After defeating the young disciple in the Bloody Plains, a female warrior who was duelling with other warriors went to Legend and started to talk with him. Interestingly enough, people also called her "newbie". As soon Legend heard that, he asked her about VGP. Fortunately, she did indeed knew VGP, but she told him that she didn't see her since a long time. „I believe she gave the fight up.“ she said.

Legend hoped, that she was wrong. In the meantime, he noticed that the most vagabonds are respectable people, therefore he didn't fear anymore to meet an arrogant one.

A big storm came over the land. The most warriors in the land lost their weapons. Also Mo Tailan, the only Master Refiner in the land, was weakened too and almost broke all weapons from then on.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2hyl4lv

But as if that wouldn't be enough, there arrived new items from the west. New weapons, new clothes, and other stuff. For a while, the most warriors were weakened by the storm, and the most had trouble staying alive against weak creatures. Others even lost their lives at this weakened moment. Many warriors were never seen again.

Legend didn't had his strength and motivation anymore, to keep fighting. Slowly but surely he was ready to give everything up. He wanted to become a bit stronger, then take at least a break from everything. He even thought about to give up for good. Maybe he would go to his father, maybe to another land far away. Away from everything, somewhere alone.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic24

Of course that was a bit sad. Legend had also plans for his journey. For example, Ruye told him short time ago about a saber which looks like a normal sword, similar to the one of The Vagabond. This saber had the reputation to be "as light as cat's steps". That, he knew, would be the perfect weapon for him.

Legend always liked swords, but he never uses this weapon. Many rumors are told about why Legend just refuses to use a sword, but none knows for sure. At the question, why he chose the saber weapon, Legend replied: „Even if I like the beauty of the sword more, I chose the way of the saber for myself. The saber technique is perfect for me right now. I feel bonded with the saber.

Some days later, when Legend was in Hefei looking for 3rd degree elixirs, she was standing there. A vagabond woman. It was VGP. She was known as the Soldier of Fortune. Legend talked to her: „Hey.“ VGP: „Hello.“ Legend: „Nice to meet you finnaly.“ VGP: „Nice to meet you too.“ Legend: „I heard about you. The people told me, you would not fight anymore.“ VGP: „I had a break, but I fight again.“ Legend: „Cool to see another strong true Vagabond.“ VGP: „Same to you.“ Legend: „There's a vagabond guild... We need strong vagabonds like you.“ VGP: „I heard about the Vagabond Army already. Finally someone who fights for the vagabonds.“ Legend: „Thanks. By the way, people call me Legend.“ VGP: „And how's your real name?“ Legend: „Believe me or not, but I've forgot my real name.“ VGP started to grin and asked: „You forgot your own name?“ Legend: „Ya... And people call you VGP, some call you newbie.“ VGP: „Yes, that's right.“ Legend: „And how's your real name?“ VGP: „I won't tell anybody.“ Legend: „I see. But why do people call you newbie? Are you okay with that?“ VGP: „I don't really care. Many clan disciples say, vagabonds are newbies. But since it's something like my name, it doesn't offend me.“ Legend: „And what does VGP mean?“ VGP: „That started because many called me "Very Good Person" when I started my journey. Sometime, people just started to say "VGP".

They both became fast friends. They had respect for each other, because they both know how harsh the vagabond path can be, and because they did both go very far already. They started to duel against each other in Hefei. Legend lost three times, VGP once. Legend was amazed about VGP's strength. She seemed to be a True Vagabond. Not like someone who would give up the clanless path one day. They were both similar. Legend always said: „I would rather die than joining a clan.

From this day on, they started to train together, since they were both equipollent. She joined the Vagabond Army and became immediately Sub-Master through Legend. Legend thought, there would be nobody who's better for it than her. It was a good feeling for Legend to finally have somebody at his side, somebody to fight with and to chat to. Since he knew her, he didn't want to take a break anymore. He saw once again some hope on his way as vagabond. But she was faster than Legend. He needed more time to become stronger, and so she overrun Legend pretty fast. Soon, she was so strong, that VGP and Legend couldn't train at the same creatures anymore. The creatures where Legend trained were already too weak for her. Legend was amazed and sad at the same time, because now he had to train alone once again.

They were often together. Sometimes, some weird guys who knew her appeared and talked with her, including a guy who called her "girlfriend". Legend was suddenly annoyed and thought to himself: „What do I care about these guys? I keep training...“ When the guy went away, Legend stopped to fight and asked her: „So that was your boyfriend?“ VGP: „He thinks we're together.“ Legend: „He "thinks" you're together..?“ VGP: „Yes. I think, I flirt too much.“ Legend replied „I see...“ and thought to himself „Why didn't she ever flirted with me..? Aww whatever, I don't need this...“ Later, when they went sleeping, Legend thought about it and wondered: „Why did I react like that? She's just a friend... She can do whatever she wants.

On another day, the both went to the Cave of the Conqueror. A friend of her so-called "boyfriend" went to her and they talked together. A short time later, he looked at Legend, grinned and said: „Keep your hands off her.“ Legend looked at him, stayed serious and asked: „Or what?“ He answered smiling: „Was just a joke.“ When he went away, Legend said to VGP: „You got some weird friends...“ She answered grinning: „I know.

Every time when Legend saw her, he felt weird. He thought about it, what could be wrong with him. When he finally realized the truth, he said to himself: „Damn...

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 6:59 pm; edited 3 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 8: The Agony of Choice

Post  Legend Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:19 pm

Chapter 8: The Agony of Choice

Legend was still on his mission - He had to find his mother, Hu Shanshan. But since a long time, he was busy with the Vagabond Army. He noticed, he was the Master of the guild, and if he would not lead it, it would probably fall apart. He never wanted to be the Master. He just wanted to be a Sub-Master, a right hand of the Master, who has a say in internal diskussions, because he knew how to talk and discuss.

Of course he didn't want the Vagabond Army to die, and so he chose to be the Master of the guild, at least until Vagrant would come back. He was glad to have VGP as a Sub-Master, so that he could listen to other opinions. VGP was not the person who tries to get her goals by talking. She wanted to see actions, what Legend could fully understand. He guessed, she wouldn't want to be the Master either, and to lead the whole Army. So whether he wanted to or not, Legend had to continue.

In this Land, vagabonds weren't much welcome. Wherever a vagabond was, they were never treated normally. Either they were honoured with big respect, or, what was more often the case, they were threated like crap. People who needed help trusted rather clan disciples than clanless warriors.

Legend wanted to go into war with the Vagabond Army. He wanted to fight for respect and honor. But what he rather wanted to reach were more fair chances for true vagabonds, people who've chosen to walk their way as a clanless warrior. He wanted that a group of clanless warriors had also the chance to form their own and official band or league. He wanted to learn from many different people, better techniques with each master who is willing to teach his very own technique to a worthy clanless warrior. Legend knew, they were only few. Too few to really hope for anything. But they were enough to motivate other vagabonds.

One day, a very mighty hero sent his letter to Legend. He knew Legend had many enemies because he tried to get more rights for the clanless. But he was one of them who gave Legend the biggest hope.

He wrote Legend, he shall not give up. At the beginning, Legend only wanted to form an own official hero band, but he even wrote, Legend should demand more. He wrote, Legend shall stay a vagabond. These words did Legend good, because he just heard bad opinions the last few weeks.

Legend wrote him back and said thanks. The next day, Legend had a new letter, but this time it was from an unknown sender. He wrote, he could give Legend secret informations. Informations about the future of the vagabonds. So Legend met this unknown man.

When Legend met this person, he was very surprised. He has never seen such a person in his whole life. He wore dark clothes, a hybrid between armor and cape. He had a big hat with horns on it, which hid his upper face, and he had a mask which hid his lower face. Legend also felt a strong energy, or aura, from this man.

Legend gathered all his courage, tried to stay proud, and walked to him. When he was in front of him, the mysterious man bend foreward next to Legend's head and whispered informations. He told Legend, he has to fight for his rights. He had to get more people and become a serious union. An union of lone wolfes, who only gather together to fight for the same goals. He had to change the people's opinions about vagabonds and take them serious. Legend knew, as soon the vagabonds would've reached their goals, they could walk once again their lonely way. And as soon this is done, the vagabonds would get many and even own possibilities, limited to clanless only. „There are people who seek these goals.

What Legend heard made him so happy and gave him so much hope, like he only had when he found his father. But Legend had to give his word to the mysterious man to keep these informations to himself. Legend gave his word and did as he said, but it was hard to keep something to oneself if it is something one would love to tell his pals.

If they wanted to reach anything, they had to show they are not few. They had to show, they deserve it. Legend tried it long enough with talking. Now it was time to take actions.

The mysterious man asked once again to meet him und whispered Legend again some informations. But Legend didn't like at all what he heard. The people who seek to help Legend have decided, that it will take a long time until they give the vagabonds what they want. Probably some years, he said. There were many issues in the Lands which needed to be solved first.

The mysterious man said to Legend, he would never again give any information to Legend, because he ran enough into danger. Legend understood, of course. Legend thought, if somebody, who don't even knows him, tries to help and trusts him enough to give secret informations, then he can only show respect for it if he keeps everything for himself.

So it would be pointless and a big waste of energy and strength to start the war already. What should he do now, Legend was wondering. No matter how hard the vagabonds would fight - there were many issues in the Lands which needed to be solved first. So what should he do now? Should he start the war anyway? Or make the Vagabond Army to a refuge to clanless vagabonds? Or disband the guild and start it later again?

Legend didn't like the idea of disbanding the Vagabond Army. But he still didn't know what to do. So he seeked VGP's opinion. He needed an opinion from a trustworthy person.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 7:05 pm; edited 4 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 9: Legend's Dream

Post  Legend Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:33 pm

Chapter 9: Legend's Dream

Legend trained lately in Nanchang. He was just about to start his training in the Land of Liaodong. But he became ill and got fever, therefore he had to take a break for a while. He spent his time in the bed in a room in the Inn of Zhengyang Village while the Zhengyang Village Clinic Doktor took care of him. Legend could barely sleep well, and in one of the nights he had a dream...

In his dream Legend was at the Tavern in Hefei and ate some fried pork. Then somebody spoke to him: „Hello Legend.“ When he turned around, he saw Vagrant.

Vagrant!“ Legend said, „It's really you! My god, I've waited so long for your return!“ Vagrant: „You've waited for me? Why?“ Legend: „Right before you've left, I've formed a vagabond army. You shall lead it.“ Vagrant: „Why me?“ Legend: „You wrote history. You are known as the first true vagabond in the lands - after The Vagabond himself - ever. Even to me you're an idol and a master. If anyone is good enough to lead a guild of clanless warriors to victory, then it's you.“ Vagrant: „You honor me.“ Legend: „How could I not? You were like a teacher to me, also a big hope to all vagabonds in all lands.“ Vagrant: „So are you.“ Legend: „Maybe... I just try to help the other vagabonds.“ Vagrant: „Maybe that's why you're a good master.“ Legend: „I'm not a good master...“ Vagrant: „Why do you say that?“ Legend: „I got big anger and hate inside me. Sometimes I flame other people, especially clan disciples, because many of them don't like vagabonds. But to be honest, I know it's not a matter of being in a clan or not, it's a matter of each persons honor and respect...

Vagrant: „What are you driving at?“ Legend: „Now that you're here, I will leave the Vagabond Army.“ Vagrant: „You want to leave the Vagabond Army?“ Legend: „Yes.“ Vagrant: „Why? You formed it.“ Legend: „I don't want to leave it for good... I need time for myself. I want to fix my problems with my anger. And I can't do that as long as I have to spend my time and energy for the Vagabond Army. I've even neglected my quest of finding my mother.“ Vagrant: „Legend, I won't come back.“ Legend: „What?“ Vagrant: „I won't probably come back ever again.“ Legend: „But you're here already.“ Vagrant: „Legend, you have to lead the vagabond guild by yourself. You're the son of Zhong Yuan Lang Ke!“ Legend: „You know the name of my father?!“ Vagrant: „You're destined for something big!“ Legend: „I'm not a master! And I still have to find my mother!“ Vagrant: „Big deeds require big sacrifices.“ Legend: „What do you mean?“ Vagrant: „You will be one of the biggest true vagabonds who are responsible for a better future of the vagabonds.“ Legend: „Why me?“ Vagrant: „You've chosen your own destiny.“ Legend was quiet and said nothing.

Vagrant continued: „The time will come where you will find your mother and ask her all the questions you want to ask her.“ Legend: „Even if that's true... How shall I defeat the hate within me?“ Vagrant: „You have to find a solution for this by yourself. But you can't give up the Vagabond Army. If you do, it will fall apart. And as soon as you're ready again to lead a vagabond guild, it could be already too late.“ Legend: „But what about you? Why aren't you staying with us?

Exactly at this moment Legend woke up again. The doctor was knocking at the door, to take a look once again at Legend and to give him some medicine.

As soon the doctor left again, Legend thought about his dream, as well as the following days and weeks. He wasn't sure what this dream means. He didn't know if he shall stop to wait for Vagrant. He didn't know if he shall keep up the guild like until now.

He needed time to think about it. He needed time to make a choice.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 10: The Legend of the Vagabonds

Post  Legend Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:21 am

Chapter 10: The Legend of the Vagabonds

Legend hasn't trained lately at all. He just lost his motivation for it. He mainly used his time to sell his items in Hefei. But slowly that was boring, and so he went to pay his father a visit. When Legend arrived, The Vagabond obviously enjoyed his visit.

The Vagabond: „My son! Nice to see you! What are you doing here?“ Legend: „Hello father. I just wanted to visit you.“ The Vagabond: „Don't you neglect your training?“ Legend: „Well... To be honest, I haven't trained since a few weeks.“ The Vagabond asked wondering: „Why not?“ Legend: „I've lost my motivation again. I think, I need a timeout.“ The Vagabond: „Have you forgotten your goal? You wanted to find Hu-Shanshan.“ Legend: „Yes... But the Vagabond Army requires all my time.

Ah, I remember...“ The Vagabond said, then he started to grin and said: „That's your own fault, if you choose the biggest goals and try to achieve more rights for vagabonds.“ He stopped to grin, thought shortly and then said: „That remembers me of a legend.“ Legend: „A legend?“ The Vagabond: „Yes, an old tale I heard, long time ago.

Legend grabbed some fried pork and water out of his bag, which he just bought before for his father, sat down on the ground and said: „I've brought you something. Come, sit down, eat something with me and tell me the story.

He loved the stories of his father. They were mostly about old times and full of energy. But he also often noticed that he didn't tell him everything he knew. Legend guessed, that his father wanted him to find a lot out by himself.

The Vagabond sat down, next to Legend. Legend took some fried pork, held it in front of his father and said respectful: „Please.“ The Vagabond took some and said: „How nice of you. Thank you very much.“ He ate a piece and started to tell: „Many years ago, at a time where I thought about to leave my master and travel clanless through the lands, I heard a tale. This tale inspired me. The tale tells about the legend of vagabonds.“ Legend: „The legend of vagabonds?“ The Vagabond: „That's right. The story tells about a little group of clanless warriors - vagabonds. The man who formed this group was born as vagabond. Destined to become a true vagabond, to win with other big vagabonds a big fight and to lead all vagabonds to victory.“ Legend: „Lead to victory? What victory?“ The Vagabond: „The story tells about a war for respect, honor and rights. Rights for vagabonds. According to story the group of vagabonds didn't fight like the most other warriors just with their physical strength, but also with their head.“ Legend: „How can this be? The strongest person wins, no?

The Vagabond: „Do you remember the rock-paper-scissor play?“ Legend: „Yes.“ The Vagabond: „In this play, the scissor wins against paper, but loses against stone. The stone wins against the scissor, but loses against paper. And paper wins against stone, but loses against the scissor. Of course, if you just take the stone and hit the paper, the stone can destroy the paper. But this play is but figurative. Take our elements as example. Fire can burn plants, but can't prevail against water. Water can quench fire, but plants always drink it. And while plants absorb and drink water, fire can burn them. Even if stone seems to be the strongest in the play, it also has something it can lose against. That's the circle of life. This is karma.

Legend said thoughtful: „I see...“ The Vagabond: „If each vagabond would have the same weapon which is considered to be the best, the whole group would be weak. Every weapon got its benefits, but also disadvantages to any other weapon. And that's what the story tells.

Legend: „A little group... Organized... Each covers the other... I think, I understand! What happened then?“ The Vagabond: „Thanks to the mental and coordinated superiority of this group of vagabonds, they won. And they recived their desired rights.

Legend: „Yes, but how shall this help me? Many are against it and argue that vagabonds are only lone wolfes. They say, more rights would make the vagabonds to something like a clan.“ The Vagabond: „More rights and possibilities for vagabonds do certainly not make them to a clan. A vagabond is always a lone wolf, in his own way. The most vagabonds rather like to walk their path alone and like to not have many people around them. But everybody likes once in a while to meet people which are like oneself, and to share experience and opinions. And even if the most vagabonds like to go sooner or later back to their lone path, they know they can only achieve more rights if they stick with other vagabonds who want the same as they do.

Legend: „Is this a prophecy?“ The Vagabond: „I don't know. But... now that you ask... How long is it ago that you saw cherry blossoms falling?“ Legend: „Uhm... A long time ago, when I still was with Hu-Shanshan in Tianjin.“ The Vagabond: „Well... Maybe that's because cherry blossoms haven't fallen down from trees since many years.“ Legend: „What? How can this be?“ The Vagabond: „The story tells, this is a curse. According to story, the cherry blossoms falled from the trees down again when the vagabonds have found their peace.“ Legend: „Is that really true? I indeed haven't seen any cherry blossoms falling down since a few years... But do they really not fall down from the trees at all?“ The Vagabond: „Yes. It started after the war of the nine dragons was over. Sometimes I think, this happened because of me.“ Legend: „If it was destined, then it's not your fault that they don't fall down anymore. I don't know if I'm the born vagabond from the story - But I know, it's my destiny to be a vagabond. Do you know if this group of vagabonds is the Vagabond Army?“ The Vagabond: „I have no idea.

Legend was wondering if this really is a prophecy. He wondered who was the creator of it, after all the tale must be older than The Vagabond himself. Legend reflected about it, just like he reflects over everything.

He stood at his father over the night. The hard ground was uncomfortable and he woke up often to eat the herbs against the poison of the Cave, but he felt good, because he was with his father. He watched his father and looked how he lives. He was sure he could learn anything.

Legend was very surprised when he saw how fast his father felt asleep. He didn't even had to lay. He just leaned against a wall, drank some alcohol from his bottle and felt asleep. But still he had himself, even while sleeping, under control. During the night, a big stone creature went to them while they were both asleep. Legend woke up slowly and needed a while until he realized that there was a creature which wanted to attack him. But his father was different. Even if The Vagabond was just asleep, he suddenly opened his eyes and attacked the creature with one slash. With just one hit the creature was dead. He walked back, sat down and felt asleep again, while Legend was just standing around and looked surprised at him.

After a while, Legend sat down again and thought about it: „My god... He perfectly trained body and soul and was perfectly oneness.“ He layed again and kept thinking: „There's probably nobody who knows his skills better than me, and still I'm surprised. He is truly a master. That's why many people call him Dragon.

Deep in thoughts Legend felt asleep again...

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 11: A Vagabond full of Energy

Post  Legend Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Chapter 11: A Vagabond full of Energy

When Legend woke up the next day, his father was already awake. He ate some fried pork and drank water. When he noticed Legend waking up, he said: „Sorry that I just took your stuff. I was hungry.“ Legend smiled and said: „That's alright, after all I bought it for you.“ They ate together, then Legend prepeared to go back.

Legend: „Thanks father, that I could stay here for the night.“ The Vagabond: „I thank you for the visit. And for the fried pork. It was nice to eat good food again. Maybe I'll start to go now and then to Hefei to buy me some nice food.“ Legend: „Don't get catched... Do you need money?“ The Vagabond: „No, thanks a lot.“ Legend: „Alright. I got to go...

The Vagabond: „Say, my boy... Can I ask you a personal question..?“ Legend: „Uhm... Sure, I guess. You're my father.“ The Vagabond: „You've reached some age now... How's about the other gender?“ Legend asked sarcastically „Women?“, looked to the side and answered snubbing: „Hm!“ The Vagabond asked with a grin: „Do you prefer men?“ Legend: „No! No... What makes you think that...“ The Vagabond: „Well, seems to me like you aren't convinced of women.“ Legend replied dry: „Maybe that's because the last woman whom I gave my heart didn't give it back when it was over.“ The Vagabond: „I see.“ Legend: „I may be young, but I gained enough experience to never make friends too fast. The more the people know each other, the bigger is the chance to have a pointless conflict. That's just a waste of time.“ The Vagabond: „But don't you want to have friends?“ Legend: „I rather prefer to have few but good friends than many false ones.“ The Vagabond: „Good point. Well alright... Come visit me soon again.“ Legend: „I will, of course. I will bring you next time something again. Take care.“ The Vagabond: „So long!“ And so Legend went back to Hefei.

Legend wanted to visit Mount Yanmo once again and see how it is there. There he met a member of the Vagabond Army. Legend has noticed him already a few times before. The people call him Lone Hero. He was one of the bests of the guild and wanted always to help anyone. Also he always tried to push the Vagabond Army foreward and make it popular. Legend got to know Lone Hero every day better. He also knew Legend was seeking his mother. Once day, Lone Hero took Legend to Zhengzhou, because he wanted to show Legend something. On the way there Legend asked Lone Hero what he wanted to show him. Lone Hero said, he knew where Hu-Shanshan, his mother, was. Both ran as fast as they could. When they arrived, they stood in front of a blackmarket seller. Legend had to grin. He knew Lone Hero just tried to help - even if he didn't know how Hu-Shanshan looks like. Legend knew, he meant well...

However; Lone Hero was in Mount Yanmo to help somebody. Lone Hero liked to help other people. He also liked to talk a lot... On the contrary, Legend liked it more to not talk a lot with other people, especially those he doesn't know. Nevertheless Legend accompanied Lone Hero.

As soon Lone Hero helped the demon girl, she said good bye and went away. Both stood around in Mount Yanmo and talked, until another demon, who was already pretty strong, came. He stopped at Legend and Lone Hero, looked at them and said: „Haha.“ Both asked themselves „What?“ and the demon answered: „Vagabonds.

Great...“ Legend thought sarcastically to himself. „Again somebody I can talk with for a half hour about why I'm a vagabond, and if there are any advantages, and so on...“ But Legend also knew, Lone Hero indeed liked to talk, and so he let them talk.

They talked... And talked... And talked... When Legend had enough of watching two guys talking about why a person chose what he chose, he turned around and walked away. It was a waste of time for him. „I don't have time for this.“ Legend thought while walking. Lone Hero said good bye to the demon and ran after Legend. When he arrived at Legend, he said: „You don't talk a lot to people you don't know, eh?“ Legend: „I don't talk much in general.“ Lone Hero: „Why do you dislike that?“ Legend: „Because it only brings trouble. I like my peace. No... I love my peace.“ Lone Hero replied „I see...“, but Legend wasn't sure if he really did understand.

Legend learned to never make friends too fast. He knew, if a friendship forms with the time, then it's mostly a good friendship, because the bad friends go mostly away earlier. Legend had already many of those so-called "Friends", with whom he only had a pointless debate again.

So like with helping others. When Legend helped people, they mostly wanted a friendship. Legend liked to help, but he didn't need a friendship already. Like a vagabond who knows whom he can trust and whom not, Legend also prefered to let the time show a person first. Legend has tried it already. But after a friendship, there comes mostly more favors. And when Legend said sometime "No", then a new debate started. Legend had enough of them.

When Legend reflected over it, he thought to himself: „That's probably an attribute which the most vagabonds have... True lone wolfes.“ After a short while he though: „But lone wolfes need to gather, to reach anything...

Legend also reflected over Lone Hero. He knew, Lone Hero was able to become a Sub-Master. But he wasn't ready yet. He had a lot of energy, for many things. He rather wanted to do everything immediately, while Legend prefered to think about the things and give them time to mature.

Sometimes Legend wished he would have also that much energy. „The Vagabond Army surely could need a few more such ambitious people.“ Legend thought.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 12: The Mystic Seven Stars Marbles

Post  Legend Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:56 am

Chapter 12: The Mystic Seven Stars Marbles

A long time has passed since Legend has heard anything from Ruye. He wondered if Ruye was alright, and so he decided to search him. As far as he knew, Ruye trained in Shi Zhang, so Legend went look there first. He asked some people about Ruye, and so he heard Ruye was meantime in Datong. Legend went to Datong and searched him for a few days. Some days later, he found him... Ruye was dead, laying on the ground, just killed by Shen Mo and his minions.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2149wu1

When Legend saw Ruye dead on the ground, he felt a big pain in his chest. Big sadness spread inside him, and he started to whine. Legend thought to himself: „Ruye was always a good friend to me... He always tried to help me with anything, and now he is dead...“ Legend walked slowly to Ruye. Shen Mo's minions attacked him, but Legend didn't notice anything. When they noticed their attacks didn't affect him, they stopped. When Legend was in front of Ruye, he knelt down.

Two warriors were in the near. They've tried to defeat Shen Mo, but they didn't have the situation under control. They've noticed the attacks of Shen Mo's minions which didn't affect Legend, and so one of the warriors decided to talk to Legend. She said: „He died just now! If you would have being two minutes earlier, you could've saved him...“ When Legend heard that, he got big feelings of guilt. Legend said to himself: „He always helped me as good as he could! And now I couldn't even be two minutes earlier to save him!“ The other warrior spoke to him: „Shen Mo killed him!

When he heard that, he felt big anger and hate inside him. The red aura appeared again, like back then at Shuan Mian. Both warriors talked to each other: „How can he suddenly be in rage?“ The other warrior answered: „Look his eyes!

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic26sf

Legend had red eyes. He was full of anger, rage and hate, accompanied by great sadness and feelings of guilt. He walked slowly to Shen Mo, but his minions attacked him. Legend killed them fast - one after another. When no one was left, Legend walked further to Shen Mo.

Shen Mo was surprised, yet he looked down at Legend. For the first time Legend heard him speak: „I remember you! You're the vagabond who attacked me a while ago. Only with the help of your friend you're known as Killer of Shen Mo. But now you're alone!“ Legend: „I'll kill you! Prepare yourself to go to hell!“ Shen Mo: „You're a fool! You will die, just like this pathetic demon!

Legend stopped. After a short while, Legend became furious. He looked at Shen Mo and said: „He's not pathetic! His name is Ruye!“ He clenched his hands, cried out loud „HIS NAME IS RUYE!!!“ and his rage unfold itself.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic27v

Legend ran to Shen Mo and attacked him. He defended himself and attacked Legend too. Not sure if Legend really needed it, but during the fight, one of the warriors went to Legend and healed him.

Short time later, Shen Mo was defeated, laying on the ground. He said: „I am the Evil God! You can't kill me!“ Legend answered „If you are a god, then I'm also one!“, stung his saber into Shen Mo's chest and twisted the blade. Shen Mo died and Legend said: „You're just a god of bullshit!

Shen Mo was dead, but Legend's anger wasn't gone. He turned around to Ruye and started to walk. He started again to whine. He took Ruye on his arms and carried him away.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic28b

Legend thought, the best would be to bring him to Mount Yanmo. The two warriors who were also at Shen Mo went with him.

Legend brought Ruye to Widow Maker, the Hierophant of Heavenly Demon. After Legend explained the most important, Widow Maker said: „Bring him to the High Priest of Heavenly Demon, he will help you further. Also talk with him about your inner demon.

Inner demon?“ Legend thought to himself. „Maybe he said that because of the red aura I still have around myself.“ Nonetheless Legend didn't ask further and went to the High Priest. The two warriors who accompanied Legend stayed at the Hierophant.

When Legend arrived at the High Priest, he explained the situation. But then the High Priest told Legend about a possibility to get Ruye back to life. Legend of course asked further about it, and Soul Catcher, the High Priest, explained it: „There are seven mystical marbles, simply called "Seven Stars Marbles". It's only an old legend, but it says, the person who gathers all seven marbles will have one wish granted.“ Legend answered: „A legend doesn't help me further.“ Soul Catcher said: „I got the proof that the legend is true.“ Legend: „What proof?“ Soul Catcher grabbed into his cape and took out something.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic29

What Legend saw, he couldn't believe. It was one of the seven stars marbles, and it was the one with one star. Legend said amazed: „A real legend!“ Soul Catcher: „Yes, And I'll give you this marble for free. You just need to find the other six. But there's something else I would like to talk with you about...“ Legend: „What's that?“ Soul Catcher: „You got a true demon within you. A demon who only our clan disciples can have. How can it be that you never were a disciple of our clan?“ Legend explained him what happened in Mount Yanmo with Jin Binglao, when he just started his travel. He told him that Jin Binglao gave him a quest which is actually given out only to clan disciples. When Soul Catcher understood everything, he said: „Two years is a long time. But I have to talk with her anyway about it and hold her accountable for it. If she would've reported her error back then, we would have been able to remove the demon again. But now it's even for us impossible. There's only one opportunity for you.“ Legend: „What opportunity?“ Soul Catcher: „The Seven Stars Marbles fulfill every wish. But you will have one wish only. You will have to decide if you want to resurrect Ruye or remove the demon within you.“ Legend: „I understand... Thank you very much, I will look after the other marbles.“ Soul Catcher: „Come again to me, when you got all.

Legend went away again, but he wasn't able to walk for long. The anger inside him became smaller, the aura around him disappeared, and then he passed out. He felt to the ground.

A few hours later, Legend woke up in the Inn of Huoling Village. He was still weakened and very exhausted. But he went out anyway to find these marbles.

This "transformation" seems to use really much energy...“ Legend thought. Not paying too much attention on it, he left Mount Yanmo and went to Hefei, to start there to look after the marbles.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 7:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 13: The Resurrection of Ruye

Post  Legend Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:17 pm

Chapter 13: The Resurrection of Ruye

Legend spoke in every village with the owner of the tavern and gave them the information that he was looking for the marbles, but without to tell them what they are for. He also asked the Vagabond Army for help, and some even looked in the whole Land after them too.

An owner of a tavern notified Legend that somebody does have one of them. Legend met him in Hefei. People called him Del Piero. He gave him the marble with five stars.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 10crq82

Legend wanted to pay him something, but he just said „Keep it. I don't know what to do with it anyway.„

A warrior brought Legend the marble with six stars from the North Sea - He wanted one million gold coins for it. Legend was able to haggle the price down to 500 thousand gold coins.

The marble with seven stars was found by Legend in a den.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2v0bcyg

VGP brought him the marble with two stars from Liadong.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2uel4t4

Lone Hero brought him the marble with three stars from Hangzhou.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Dd1eee

Only one marble was needed. Legend looked in the Cave, and when he asked his father, he gave him the marble with four stars - The last one. He said to Legend: „I got this marble since a long time. I hope you intend to do something good with it. But it will cost you something.„

„Oh, what could I give to my father?„ Legend was wondering, so he asked: „What can I give you?„ The Vagabond: „I didn't have any rice rolls since a long while... Maybe you can get me some.„ Legend started to smile and said: „Of course, no problem. I can do that.„

The Vagabond gave his son the last marble he needed. Legend wanted to go back, but his father added: „Be sure to to voice your wish at a place where you got a lot of space.„ It seemed like his father knew some things about these marbles... However; Legend thanked him and went back to Mount Yanmo.

When he arrived at Soul Catcher, he showed him all seven marbles. He looked surprised and said: „Unbelievable, you found them all!„ Legend: „Ya, can we start?„ Soul Catcher: „Of course. Have you chosen a wish already?„ Legend: „Yes.„ Soul Catcher: „And what wish do you want to be fulfilled?„ Legend answered dry: „I want to become a millionaire.„ Soul Catcher: „What?„ Legend: „I want to resurrect Ruye, of course. Stupid question...„ Soul Catcher: „And what will you do with your anger issue?„ Legend: „That doesn't matter.„ Soul Catcher: „Alright then. But be warned: This issue will bring you more and bigger problems. You will get many enemies. Are you ready to take this risk?„ Legend: „I guess I'll have to count on my friends.„ Soul Catcher: „And what, if your friends leave you?„ Legend: „Then it's my destiny to give up one day.„

Soul Catcher: „Well then... While you were looking for the marbles, I found out how to voice the wish.„ Legend: „And how?„ Soul Catcher: „First, put the marbles on the ground.„ Legend: „Do you want to do it here?„ Soul Catcher: „Yes, why?„ Legend: „We should do it at a place where we have more room than here.„ Soul Catcher: „How comes?„ Legend: „Well... Just a feeling...„ Soul Catcher: „Alright. Then you'll have to find a better place. I'll tell you what you have to do...„

Soul Catcher told Legend, what he had to do. Legend was a bit irritated about what he heard, but it was worth a try, after all the legend was right so far.

Legend thought, the probably best place would be the North Sea, because there weren't many people back then. Legend went to the North Sea to the Whistle Valley. This place seemed to be perfect for it - There were indeed not many people.

Legend put the seven stars marbles on the ground, went a few steps back, looked at the marbles and shouted the magic formula: You were banished, now come and remain, because you are complete again!

The sky became darker and darker. The marbles started to glow, more and more, and it was as if the marbles were loading electricity. But then, a great power wave came out of the marbles, and suddenly a light ray came out of the marbles, up to the sky. The light ray moved itself and formed more and more a big creature, and suddenly the light formed to a big dragon.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 1zgz3b8

The dragon was powerfull and mighty. He looked at the surprised Legend and said with his deep voice: You've collected the marbles, you called me. You got one wish, whatever it will be!

Legend took all his courage and shouted: Please, resurrect my friend Ruye! The dragon was shortly quiet, then he spoke: Yes, this is possible. Your wish is my command! And it is already done. Legend was surprised: „What, Ruye lives again?„ The dragon answered: Yes. Now I have to leave you again. Farewell!

The dragon went as light back into the marbles. The marbles started to hover up, and suddently they all spread in the whole Land again, and the sky became bringt.

Legend ran back to Mount Yanmo, but on the way he noticed a few people wondering about the sky, and some even talked about a big creature.

When he arrived in Mount Yanmo, Legend went immediately to Soul Catcher. When he arrived there, he saw Ruye standing in front of Soul Catcher.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2irkj6e

Legend was happy to see him alive again: „Ruye!„ He turned around and said: „Legend!„ They hugged each other, then Ruye said: „Thank you very much... The High Priest told me what you did for me. I owe you my live.„ Legend: „No... A long time ago in the Death Valley you also saved me from death. And you helped me a lot in my life. That was the least I could do.„ Ruye: „Thank you very much, my brother!„

After a long talk with Ruye Soul Catcher asked Legend: „Don't you want to join our clan?„ Legend answered: „No... Thanks a lot.„ Soul Catcher: „I thought so... You earned great respect in our clan. Normally we don't like it to have people inside our clan base who don't want to join us. But you're always welcome here.„ Legend: „Thank you very much. That's very nice.„

Legend looked at Ruye and asked him: „And what do you want to do now?„ Ruye: „Well... I will stay here for a while and think about what I want to do.„ Legend: „Alright. If you need anything, just tell me.„ Ruye: „Thank you. And where do you want to go now?„ Legend: „I'll go to my father. I want to tell him what happened. Furthermore, I owe him some rice rolls as thanks.„ Ruye: „I can help there. I got two rice rolls, you can bring him them too. Tell him, also I thank him a lot.„ Legend: „Thanks, I will.„

As soon Legend bought some rice rolls in hefei, he went to his father. When he arrived there, he said thank you again for his help, also in the name of Ruye, and gave him the rice rolls.

The Vagabond: „So you really chose to resurrect your friend.„ Legend: „Yes.„ The Vagabond: „There are not many who would do that. At the latest in front of the holy dragon they would wish something else.„ Legend: „Possible...„ The Vagabond: „You had it in your hands to get rid of the anger inside you. You even had the opportunity to become the strongest in the whole Land. You could've wished anything. Do you realize that?„ Legend: „Yes... To be honest, when I stood in front of the dragon, it was hard. I indeed thought about to wish to become the strongest.„ Vagabond: „Why didn't you do it?„ Legend: „It's better to have a good friend at ones side than all power in the world.„ The Vagabond: „I'm proud of you, my son.„ Legend: „Thanks... I go back to Hefei... I'll come back soon again to visit you... Enjoy your rise rolls.„

And so, Legend went back to Hefei.

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 8:01 pm; edited 4 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 14: A Good Bye from Legend

Post  Legend Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 am

Chapter 14: A Good Bye from Legend

A few weeks have passed since Ruye's resurrection. Legend hasn't seen Ruye since a while, but he was only in Hefei selling.

One day in Hefei, Legend heard a known voice: „Hey Legend.“ He looked around at the crowd, but he couldn't find anyone he knew. Then somebody went to Legend - It was Ruye. He wore different clothes and a weird ox mask, that's why Legend hasn't recognized him.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond 2rze6p0

When he took off the mask, Legend recognized him. Legend: „Ruye, what a sight you are. What are you doing here in Hefei? And what kind of weird mask is this?“ Ruye: „This is just a strong, magical mask which I'm testing at the moment for some masters. From now on, my place is Hefei. I've chosen what I want to do. Therefore I will be now the most of the time only in Hefei.“ Legend: „What do you mean?“ Ruye: „Well... How you know, I was always good with informations and trading. Maybe I'm not destined to become a strong warrior at the moment. Maybe that's the wrong kind of training I need right now. I've chosen to trade in Hefei my informations and goods. To be only a merchant.“ Legend: „Have you thought good about it?“ Ruye said „Yes. I can do that the best. So I will be able to help others as best...“, then he started to grin and continued: „...and won't die again.“. Legend started to smile and said: „Ok...

Legend was serious again and asked further: „But what's about your clan? Did you leave?“ Ruye: „No, not at all. I still am and will stay a member of the Heavenly Demon clan. With my new job I also can help my clan better than until now. Not that I haven't done it good already...“ Legend: „I see.

Ruye: „By the way, you will start your training in Liaodong soon, no?“ Legend: „Actually yes... But...“ Ruye: „I know that it can be troublesome to run all the time back to Hefei to sell your goods. If you want to sell anything, I can do that for you.“ Legend: „Wow, thanks a lot. That will be very helpful. But how shall I send you my goods from Liaodong?“ Ruye: „Talk with the storagekeeper in Hefei. He often travels to other places, and he knows all other storagekeepers. I'm sure he can bring me your goods to Hefei.“ Legend: „Cool, thanks.

Ruye: „Oh, and something else... You're looking for the rare Gongsun Family's Celestial Hermit's wristbands, right?“ Legend: „Yes, how do you know?“ Ruye: „How I said, I'm good with informations. You should know that by now. I know that there's a guy lately who want's to sell them. Maybe he still got them.“ Legend: „I don't know if I have already enough money for them...These wristbands are damn rare, and the price is high.“ Ruye: „Talk with him. It won't harm you.

Legend: „Ok, thanks. Oh by the way... I wanted to talk with you about something...“ Ruye: „About what?“ Legend: „How you know, I'm having a break lately and just selling in Hefei.“ Ruye: „Yes. Do you want to start soon with your training again?“ Legend: „Actually no... I need a timeout, from everything. From Hefei, from the training, from the Vagabond Army, just from all people.“ Ruye: „From the Vagabond Army? Do you realize what this could mean? When you come back, it could be fallen apart already.“ Legend: „Yes, I've thought already about that, too. I wanted VGP to be my replacement, but she doesn't want. She said, it would keep running how it is...“ Ruye: „And do you believe that?“ Legend was shortly quiet, then he answered: „No...“ Ruye: „So why do you want to go anyway?“ Legend: „It's better to take a break now than keep doing it and giving up for good later. Do you know what I mean?“ Ruye: „Entirely. I would probably do the same.“ Legend: „Well, be right back...“ Ruye: „All right.

Legend went to the storagekeeper in Hefei and talked with him. He was able to arrange that a storagekeeper would bring his goods to Ruye in Hefei.

After that, Legend went to the warrior who wanted to sell the rare Gongsun Family's Celestial Hermit's wristbands. Luckily he still had them, but sadly Legend didn't have that much money how he wanted. But fortunately he was able to make a deal with the warrior. Legend traded 80'500'000 gold coins, a bottle with Blood of Cloud Dragon for a sixth degree weapon refinement, 15 Blood Essences and three red silver mansion dungeon passes.

Finally I got the wristbands I've saved my money so long for!“ Legend thought to himself. He was very happy about it and almost felt like going kicking some creatures butts. However; Now he was able to take his break in peace, because there would be strong, magical wristbands waiting for him when he would return.

Legend went back to Ruye. Ruye asked him: „Does the Vagabond Army know about your approaching break?“ Legend: „Yes.“ Ruye: „And your father?“ Legend: „He also. He could understand it...“ Ruye: „Where do you actually want to go?“ Legend: „Just far away, to a place where noone is, and where I am alone.“ Ruye: „How far is "far away"?“ Legend: „I will probably go out of the Land.“ Ruye: „Damn... That's a big thing... And when do you want to go?“ Legend: „Actually I just wanted to sell my goods until I would have enough money to buy the wristbands, and I was able to buy them just shortly before. But lately I get more and more ideas for "last deeds". But after that I will go.“ Ruye: „What kind of deeds? And when will that be?“ Legend: „I was able to make a deal with the Storm Riders Hero League, that they take me with them to their next Storm vs. Storm event, where they have to hold their fortress. The winners will get unique clothes. It isn't even allowed to sell these clothes further, because they're limited to Storm vs. Storm winners only. I'm interested in these clothes.“ Ruye: „But the next Storm vs. Storm in Nanchang is next weekend.“ Legend: „Yes. And after the Storm vs. Storm event I'll try to defeat the Hermit of South Sea or the Overlord of North Sea in a Black vs. White war, so that a vagabond will win for once. With or without the help of some Vagabond Army members.“ Ruye: „Do you think, it's time for this trial already?“ Legend: „I'll give it a try. I got many Ginsengs for this, and maybe I will have some Panaceas from the Storm vs. Storm event left, which I also can use then.“ Ruye: „And when do you want to start this trial?“ Legend: „Either at the same day after the Storm vs. Storm event, or a week after, at the next Black vs. White war. And after that, no matter if I succeed or fail at it, I'll go.“ Ruye: „Oh, that's fast... Will you say good bye to the people before you go?“ Legend: „I don't know... I don't think so.

Ruye started to grin and asked: „Not even to VGP?“ Legend: „No...“ Ruye was serious again and asked: „What? Are you serious?“ Legend: „I'm totally serious... But I will come say good bye to you.“ Ruye: „Now seriously... Don't you want to say some last words to VGP?“ Legend: „What should I say to her?“ Ruye: „What you feel.“ Legend: „No. It's better if she doesn't know.“ Ruye: „And if she knows it already?“ Legend: „Then I should go more than ever.“ Ruye: „You want to run away?“ Legend: „No, but then everyone should take a rest... I know that she can only be a sister to me, but nothing more...“ Ruye: „Didn't you have a vision once where you saw VGP as your wife?“ Legend: „I never see visions about myself, just about the future. Therefore I believe, this was just a weird dream.“ Ruye: „And what if not?“ Legend: „Then I would've noticed it since a long time...“ Ruye: „As far as I know you, you know what you're talking about... Alright then, do whatever your heart tells you to do. Good luck with your plans. And come say good bye before you go.“ Legend: „I will. See you...

Legend went out into the Land to train his spirit. He prepeared himself mentally for the Storm vs. Storm event and the Black vs. White war. Only a few days were left until the Storm vs. Storm event.

In Hangzhou he met Bellethielle, a strong and very funny warrior, who Legend knew already. She liked vagabonds, even if she was a member of a clan. Of all people whom Legend met in his life, she was the one with the biggest respect for vagabonds. She has said already many words to Legend which encouraged him very much. And if a person was against Legend or another vagabond, she never ever helped this person again.

In Hangzhou Legend told her, that he would be gone soon for some time, because he needed a break. She was a bit sad to hear that. She said him to not be gone too long, and that he shall say good bye to her before he would go. Legend liked her very much. She was a very respectful and nice person. That's why Legend always showed her his respect, whenever he could. Therefore he also wanted to say good bye to her before he would go.

One day before the Storm vs. Storm event, Legend was ready. He couldn't wait for it. He contacted Tran, a sub-master of the Storm Riders Hero League. Legend joined his band and welcomed me: „Welcome Legend!“ Somebody from the band asked: „Who?“ Tran just answered: „A proud vagabond is in our league!“ The others didn't really care about it, but Legend didn't mind. He had only one thing in his mind: The Storm vs. Storm event the next day.

Legend talked a bit with Tran: „Will you be at the Storm vs Storm tomorrow, too?“ Tran: „Yes.“ Legend: „Can you give me a little guidance about what I have to do tomorrow? Just thinking?“ Tran: „Yep.“ Legend knew, if it really was doable only with thinking, then he could do it. He answered: „Ok, cool. Thanks again.

Legend went to the fortress of the Storm Riders Hero League in Nanchang. He entered it and looked around. Nobody was there, and everything was quiet. It was a weird feeling when he thought about how it would probably be the next day. He watched once a Storm vs Storm event in Hangzhou, therefore he knew how it could be. Legend looked a bit around to find some good places for him the next day. He couldn't wait for it.

The next day, it was time. Legend went early into the fortress and waited there. With the time, more and more members of the Storm Riders Hero League arrived. The time was getting shorter.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic36s

One of the highest from the Storm Riders Hero League said: „10 minutes left until the registration for other leagues ends.“ Legend was wondering how many people would appear. He planned to go up, when the enemies would start to break the first gate. He knew he was no match for the strong warriors who would appear.

After 10 minutes, one of the league members returned from the duelist Mei Ling, where the leagues have to register themselves, and said: „Great... No league registered.“ Another member answered: „Another boring Storm vs. Storm...“ Legend went to Tran and asked how it will be now. Tran said, they only had to hang around and wait for an hour, then they would officially be the winners.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic37v

After an hour Legend recived nice, white clothes. He was happy about it. He said thanks to Tran, left the Hero Band again and went back to Hefei.

Legend waited one week until he would have his chance at the Black vs. White war. He prepeared himself... He bought 90 pieces of Korean Ginseng, which can heal a person instantly, and had 35 Panaceas left, because he didn't need any in the Storm vs. Storm. Furthermore he bought pills which can make a person stronger for some time.

One week later, it was saturday, a few hours before the Black vs White war, Legend was in Hefei. He was nervous. He went somewhere where he was alone and meditated.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic38k

He tried to prepear himself mentally again. Two weeks ago, he told to the whole Vagabond Army that he would appreciate any help. VGP and Lone Hero said, they would join. Legend didn't expect anything else from them, and he was glad they wanted to join.

While Legend sat in Hefei and meditated, he was wondering where VGP and Lone Hero are. Some minutes later, Legend opened his eyes and said: „The war is about to start!“ He stood up and ran to the Bloody Plains. While he was running Legend said to himself: „Damn! They both haven't appeared! Seems like it will be a lonely fight!

When he arrived the Bloody Plains he went where the Overlord of North Sea should appear. Many warriors were there, waiting to defeat some members of their opposing clans. He prepeared himself and waited. As soon he saw the Overlord, he attacked him immediately.

After a short while Legend was attacked by black clan disciples who wanted to protect the Overlord. Even if Legend ate nonstop ginsengs, he felt into coma a few times, the panaceas helped him not to die. After a while Legend saw "Vagabond", a young member of the Vagabond Army. Even if he still was very weak, he tried to defeat the Overlord. But he was defeated over and over again by other clan disciples. After some minutes he gave up and went away again. Legend had respect for the fact that this young vagabond at least tried it.

Some minutes later, Legend saw the vagabond Sword, who was also a member of the Vagabond Army. Legend actually hadn't a good relationship with him. Legend felt like something's wrong with him, but he didn't know what. But he tried to help anyway to win the war, even if they didn't fight together. After a fight of approx. a half hour, the Overlord was finally defeated, but not by any vagabond. Legend failed at his trial...

Legend went back to Hefei. He was frustrated about that it didn't work. It was a waste of ginsengs, panaceas, money and time... But it was worth a try...

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic39y

VGP appeared later and went to Legend who was sitting and thinking in Hefei. She greeted him: „Hey, Legend.“ Legend answered kinda frustrated: „Hey...“ She asked: „How's going?“ Legend: „Didn't you forget anything today?“ VGP: „Not really. Why?“ Legend: „What about the Black vs. White war?“ VGP asked: „That was today? Sorry, I forgot it.“ Legend didn't answer anything anymore. When VGP noticed that Legend wasn't alright at this moment, she left him alone and went away.

Later, Lone Hero hurried to Legend and said: „Legend, sorry man, I slept too long and missed the war...“ Legend answered: „Don't worry, VGP didn't came either.“ Lone Hero: „And how did it go?“ Legend: „It was a big waste of ginsengs, panaceas, money and time...“ Lone Hero: „Sorry to hear that... I wish I wouldn't have missed it...“ Legend: „Don't worry, that wouldn't have helped much anyway. It would just be a waste of your items too.

Legend stayed a few days in Hefei, then he prepeared himself to go. He put his Secret Shadow Master clothes, which he wore all the time, into his chest at the storagekeeper. These clothes should wait for him, until he would come back and resume the fight.

He wore the white Storm vs. Storm clothes and went to Ruye, since he has said good bye to Bellethielle already. They had a last talk before he went. Ruye: „Are you sure you don't want to say good bye to VGP and Lone Hero?“ Legend: „Yes... It's better like that.“ Ruye: „I know it's none of my business... But didn't you spend the Valentine's Day last week with her?“ Legend: „So?“ Ruye: „She seemed like she enjoyed the time, too.“ Legend: „We didn't do a lot...“ Ruye: „Well, you did share presents with each other.“ Legend: „Dude, are you spying on me? Well, that wasn't a big thing anyway... Just some random presents...“ Ruye: „You gave each other chocolate in a heart shape.“ Legend: „How the... Seriously, I don't like it if someone knows too much of my private stuff...“ Ruye: „Look, all I am saying is, you should at least go see her and say good bye before you just go. You both had a good time together.“ Legend: „Alright alright, I'll think about it. That's all I can give you.“ Ruye: „All right, that's good enough.

Ruye: „Well then... Shall I do anything for you?“ Legend: „I just left some items here which you can sell if you want... The storagekeeper will give them to you...“ Ruye: „Alright... Too bad it has to come like this... But I guess it's better like that...“ Legend: „Yes... It is, indeed...“ Ruye: „I will miss you, man.“ Legend: „I will miss you too...“ They gave each other the hand and looked each other respectfully in the eyes. Ruye: „Take care... I'll see you then.“ Legend: „Yes, I'll see you then...

Legend started to walk. Some meters later, Ruye called him: „Legend, wait!“ Ruye went to Legend, gave him something into his hand and held it. He said: „I'm sorry that I watched you at the Valentine's Day, but you looked so happy, that I didn't want to miss it. Please, take this as my apology.“ Ruye let Legend's hand go again and said: „Think about my words, brother. Take care of yourself, and may Buddha enlighten your way.“ He turned around and started to walk back. Legend opened his hand and saw a picture of him and VGP on Valentine's Day.

Legend decided to look after VGP before he would go. In Hefei at the Event Stage he found her together with Lone Hero. Legend said: „VGP, can I talk with you for a moment?“ VGP: „Now? Me and Lone Hero want to go soon into a dungeon.“ Legend didn't know what to say for a moment, then he said „Alright... Take care...“ and started to walk away.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Iwrka1

He ran and ran, towards an unknown Land... Because he needed peace. He needed time for himself. He just needed a timeout. Legend said to the Vagabond Army, to Ruye, and also to his father, that he would be back in a few months, what he also intended to do. But noone knows what the future will bring. He didn't know what would expect him in another Land. If he would survive there. If he really could have a timeout there. He often had visions of the future of the vagabonds, but never he had visions about his own future. „If I should not come back, then I hope I have contributed a part in the future for the vagabonds...“ Legend thought.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Legendvgp

Last edited by Legend on Mon May 02, 2016 8:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 15: Legend's Return

Post  Legend Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:20 am

Chapter 15: Legend's Return

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic41y

Legend!

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic42

Legend: „Is this Lone Hero?! What is he doing here in Japan?!“ Legend clambered down and walked to Lone Hero. When he arrived, Legend said: „It's really you. What are you doing here? How did you know where I was?“ Lone Hero: „Listen, you have to come back to china immediately.“ Legend: „Why should I?“ Lone Hero: „We need your help.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic43

Lone Hero told Legend what happened to him and what he found out. Legend: „So you died and came back from the dead through the lava in Mount Yanmo?“ Lone Hero: „Yes.“ Legend: „And I'm the emperor of china. Good bye.“ Legend wanted to turn away and start to walk, but Lone Hero held him up: „I'm telling you the truth!“ Legend turned back to him, started to grin and said: „Bow down before your emperor!“ Lone Hero: „Cut the crap! Why should I have come the whole way to you then?“ Legend: „Good point... Let's assume what you are saying is true... What do you want me to do?“ Lone Hero: „You have to fight with us!“ Legend: „Clan disciples are able to help much more than a vagabond who seeks himself...“ Lone Hero: „This fight isn't about the clans! It's about us vagabonds! They want to destroy the Vagabond Army!“ Legend: „VGP is much stronger than me. I'm sure you guys can handle it without me...“ Lone Hero: „Now listen! While I am here to get you back, Vagrant tries to keep the situation under control!

Legend looked surprised and asked: „What did you say?! Vagrant is fighting for the Vagabond Army?!“ Lone Hero: „Yes!“ Legend: „She is back?!“ Lone Hero: „Yes!

Legend couldn't believe what he just heard. Vagrant came back after all. Then Legend was shortly thoughtful and said quiet to himself: „The prophecy...“ Lone Hero: „What?“ Legend: „Nothing... Let's go back to china!“ Lone Hero was very glad that Legend wanted to go back now. They ran and ran, until they arrived the sea.

While they were crossing the sea with a little ship, both talked together. Lone Hero: „We should cast anchor in Liaodong. This will be the fastest way to arrive china. Ruye should be waiting there with your equipment. Then we should go as fast as possible to Vagrant.“ Legend: „And where's VGP?“ Lone Hero: „I think, she was informed by Ruye already. She surely went already to Vagrant to help her out.“ Legend: „Good...

During the trip, Legend thought about it: „Can this really be the prophecy..? Aww, forget the prophecy! But... How can this be? Vagrant is the strongest vagabond I've ever seen. How can it be that she can't handle it by herself? Is the danger really that big? This smells like trouble... Damn it! And I didn't even finish my journey! Am I really ready already to fight again?

A few days later, Legend and Lone Hero arrived Liaodong. There they met Ruye who gave Legend his stuff. Legend wore his clothes and said thanks, then the two vagabonds started to run.

While they were running, Legend checked his bag, then he said: „Yes! He brought me them too!“ Lone Hero: „What?“ Legend: „My ginsengs and panaceas. With them we can help Vagrant and VGP, just in case.“ Lone Hero: „Good idea!

When they both arrived at the holy halls of the Vagabond Army, VGP was laying totally exhausted on the ground. Vagrant was still standing, but also she was almost defeated. It seemed like they both came just in time. Their enemies, who looked like disciples from the Secret Shadow clan, stopped to fight as soon as they saw Legend and Lone Hero coming.

Legend: „Vagrant!“ Vagrant smiled and said pretty exhausted: „Hello Legend. Nice to see you again.“ Legend: „It is nice to see you too, old friend.“ Legend went to VGP and gave her a ginseng. Then he went to Vagrant and also gave her one.

One of the shady swordsman of their enemies started to talk: „Now look at this. If it isn't Legend.“ Legend asked: „You know me?“ The shady swordsman answered: „Yes, and it would have been better for you if you would've stayed away!

Another shady swordsman started to get nervous: „Oh no, that's Legend! Now all four leaders are together!“ The first shady swordsman replied: „Calm down. This won't be a problem for us. And as soon we killed them, we'll destroy the whole Vagabond Army!

Legend: „Just out of curiosity... Why do you want to destroy the Vagabond Army?“ The shady swordsman answered: „Our goals and reasons are none of your business! But to answer your question: The Vagabond Army brings too much peace between the white and black clans!“ Legend started to grin and said: „But yet you're scared, eh?“ The shady swordsman looked surprised to Legend. Legend: „You should be. Because now that we are all here, you'll have a big problem.

Their enemies didn't say anything, but prepeared themselves for a fight. The four leaders of the Vagabond Army did the same. Legend spoke with a grin to his friends: „This could get funny.“ VGP replied: „This could become a bigger problem for us than you think, Legend.

Legend went serious again, was shortly quiet and said then: „Remember: If one of us falls, we all will fall. And if we fall, then there won't be any future for vagabonds.“ Lone Hero: „We can do it! We're all together now!“ Legend: „Yes. And also Vagrant is finally back, and on our side.“ Vagrant: „I hope this won't be a trip to hell.

Legend: „It seems like our first common fight will start now, my vagabond brothers and sisters. I hope, you prepared your weapons.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Pic44k

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 16: The lost Memory

Post  Legend Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:38 am

Chapter 16: The lost Memory

Legend woke up in Mount Yanmo in a bed of the clinic. He neither knew where he was, nor who he is or who the hell was next to him and tried to start a conversation: „Finally you're awake.

It was a woman - And the worst thing was, Legend was wearing only his underpants. His head hurt and he just wanted to go out of the bed, to go walk a bit and breath some fresh air, but he didn't want to go almost naked out of the bed while this woman was still there.

Legend looked around for some clothes, but the woman kept talking: „Do you have something to say?“ Legend looked disorganized to her and asked: „What?“ But to him, she only said confusing things: „Why did you do it? What's gotten into you?

Legend held his head because it was hurting and said: „Just wait a second... Steady... Who the hell are you??“ She looked surprised at him and said: „Tell me, what's your name?“ He wanted to answer: „My name is...“ Then he stopped, thought about it, but wasn't able to answer: „I don't know... What happened to me? Why does my head hurt that much?

The door opened and a man came in. He talked with the woman: „Ah, so he's finally awake.“ The woman stood up, said to the man „Can you come with me for a second?“ and went out with him. A short while later, both came back in.

The man went to Legend, looked deep into his eyes and asked: „Do you know who I am?“ Legend didn't know who the man was. But he knew his face from somewhere, and he also told him so: „I think I know your face from somewhere, but I neither know who you guys are nor where or who I am. But the worst thing is my headache! Can somebody call a doctor?!“ The woman asked the man: „Is he saying the truth?“ The man was still looking into Legend's eyes for a while, then he went back and said: „Yes, he certainly is...

The woman went looking for a doctor and came back with one after a while. The doctor checked Legend and asked him a few questions: „What's the last thing you can remember?“ Legend though shortly about it but had then to say: „Everything is gone... But why?“ The doctor asked him: „Do you know what the nine clans are?“ Legend: „Uhm... Yes.“ The doctor said: „List them.“ Legend started to think about it and said: „Hm... Well, there are the Heavenly Demons, the Beggars, the Wu-Tangs...“ The man asked the doctor: „How can it be that he knows some things but not who he is or what happened to him?“ Legend was continuing: „...the Black Dragons, the Sacred Flowers...“ The doctor stopped checking Legend's head, turned to the man and explained: „He got amnesia. That's a form of memory disorder of temporal or contentual memories. It seems like he still knows normal things from his everyday life, for example what a doctor is or what the clans are.“ Legend was still thinking and continuing: „...the Brotherhood of Thieves, the disciplies of Iron Fist...

The man looked to Legend and said: „It's ok, you can stop now.“ Legend was quiet again and the doctor kept talking with the man: „Such types of memory problems are caused mostly by a hard blow to the head.“ The man answered: „Ah, I see. And for how long can such a memory disorder endure?“ Doctor: „It depends on many things. How hard the blow was, or how strong the affected personality is. It can also happen that some people don't want to remember subconsciously, for example because of something they did, or because of a bad trauma.“ The man was shortly quiet and thought about it. Then he said thanks to the doctor and the doctor went again, since there was nothing he could do.

Legend said: „I didn't understand a lot, but I understood that I lost my memory. The question which comes into my mind is, why you two look like you're angry at me. Can I know what happened?“ The man and the woman looked shortly at each other, then he said to her: „Leave it to me... I will see what I can do.“ The woman: „All right. Let me know if you need anything.“ The woman went out and the man asked Legend: „Do you feel like walking?

It did good to Legend to walk a bit, to breath and to feel fresh wind. Legend asked: „So, who are you?“ He answered: „My name is Ruye, and we're actually very good friends.“ Legend: „What do you mean "actually"? And who was the woman from before?“ Ruye: „The woman you just saw is called Vagrant. She's master of a guild of vagabonds.“ Legend asked: „Clanless warriors formed a guild? Why should anybody form a guild of vagabonds?“ Ruye: „You should maybe ask that to the person who formed it.“ Legend: „Well, now she's gone.“ Ruye: „Not she formed the guild, but you.“ Legend: „Me?? Does that mean I'm a clanless warrior?“ Ruye: „Yes, you are.“ Legend: „Aww, that sucks! Then I don't have any good techniques!“ Ruye: „It's not like you could remember them anyway.“ Legend: „Ah well, that's true... All right... And... But... What happened? Why do I have such headache? Why can't I remember anything?“ Ruye: „I'm not quite sure if I should tell you that.“ Legend: „Why not?“ Ruye: „After hearing what the doctor just said before I'm not sure if the truth would help you remember or rather repress your memory.“ Legend: „Don't I have the right to know it?“ Ruye: „Don't take it bad, but at the moment you don't have any rights.“ Legend: „Why? Tell me what happened. Tell me what I did. Otherwise I can't understand you!“ Ruye: „The time will come. But first we should talk about other things.“ Legend: „What should we talk about?“ Ruye: „About your name, for example. Unless you don't want to know it.“ Legend: „No... I mean yes... You're right... How's my name?“ Ruye: „People call you Legend.“ Legend: „Hm, alright, but that seems to be rather a title or a nickname. What's my real name?“ Ruye: „Hm... Good question. You've never told me.“ Legend: „I thought we were good friends...“ Ruye: „To be honest, we were like brothers. But as far as I know you've never told your name to anyone.

Legend thought for a while and though to himself: „If we were like brothers and he mistrusts me now that much, then I must have done something very bad...“ Ruye: „What are you thinking about?“ Legend: „Oh... Nothing... How shall I get my memory back now?“ Ruye stopped to walk, though about it and said then: „Difficult question. Maybe you should return to your daily life and do what you've always done. Maybe you will get your memories back like this.“ Legend: „And what did I do?“ Ruye: „Maybe you should go to Vagrant. Talk with the members of the vagabond guild. That will surely help. Maybe you'll even find out then what you have to do as next.“ Legend: „All right... And where can I find Vagrant?“ Ruye: „Oh, right. I will let her come to us, then you can go with her.

Both walked back to the clinic. When they arrived, Legend asked: „Why was I actually in the clinic? Or don't you want to tell me that either?“ Ruye: „Well, I can at least tell you that you were here in the clinic for four weeks without consciousness. You had fever and we maintained your wounds, although we didn't know if we really wanted to do that...

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond Empty [Book] Chapter 17: The Meeting with the Vagabond Army

Post  Legend Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:19 am

Chapter 17: The Meeting with the Vagabond Army

Vagrant came for Legend and both started to walk. Where they would go, Legend did not know. However, they had a chat together. Legend: „Can you tell me what happened?“ Vagrant: „Ruye said to not tell you anything, because he thinks you should remember it by yourself. But would you actually want to know it?“ Legend: „I think so...“ Vagrant: „But you aren't sure.“ Legend: „I don't know how bad it was what I've done.“ Vagrant: „I constrain you to nothing. But I'll give you a good advice: Take your time with it. It could overwhelm you.“ Legend: „I see... And where are we going?“ Vagrant: „We will go to Lone Hero for now. He's a member and sub-master of the Vagabond Army. You should talk a bit with the members of the vagabond guild. Maybe it will help you.

When they both arrived at Lone Hero, he reacted bad-tempered at Legend: „What is Legend doing here?“ Vagrant: „I've told you he lost his memories.“ Lone Hero: „But I didn't know you would bring him here. How do you know he's not faking it?“ Vagrant: „No, Ruye and the doctor confirmed it. And I trust them.“ Lone Hero: „And do you trust Legend, too?“ Vagrant: „Yes, I totally do, actually.“ Lone Hero: „What?! After all he did?“ Vagrant: „I said, I trust Legend. What we've seen wasn't most probably Legend.“ Lone Hero: „How can you know?“ Vagrant: „Think about what happened. Think about how it happened. Thinking about it, I doubt the Legend we know would do that.

Lone Hero was shortly quiet. He thought shortly about it and seemes to understand her. Lone Hero: „And what shall I do now?“ Vagrant: „Talk a bit with him. Talk about what you did in the past together. Maybe it will help him. You can bring him to somebody else after that.“ Lone Hero: „VGP could help him much more than I can.“ Vagrant: „Then bring him to VGP after you've talked together.“ Lone Hero: „Well, there's only one problem... VGP doesn't want to talk with Legend anymore. She doesn't even want to see him ever again.“ Vagrant: „Why not?“ Lone Hero: „Because of what Legend did.“ Vagrant: „This is bad...“ Lone Hero: „I've tried already to talk with her, but she doesn't want. Maybe I should talk with her again...“ Vagrant: „No, let her be. If she doesn't want, then she just doesn't want. Just bring him to somebody else.

Vagrant said good bye to both, and Legend was now alone at Lone Hero. They both weren't very talkative and no one knew what to say. Legend: „Well...“ Lone Hero: „Yes...

A conversation did not seem to build up, so Legend asked him what he normally does the whole day. Lone Hero: „Well... You train. You fight against all possible creatures to become better. Skins, teeths, claws and everything else from creatures which can be sold good, you can sell. With the money you make you can get yourself a better equipment.“ Legend: „Just that simple?“ Lone Hero: „Well, that may sound simple, but it isn't. This needs all a lot of time. Come with me, I'll show you where you normaly store your stuff. I think, your equipment should still be there.

They went together to Hefei. Legend noticed that some people seemed to know him, but he didn't know any of them. There they met Ruye again, and after that they went to Legend's equipment. When Legend took his weapon - a saber - he asked Lone Hero: „Why do I have such a weapon? Why not anything cool like a sword?“ Lone Hero: „I would be surprised seeing you using a sword.“ Legend: „How comes?“ Lone Hero: „You've always disliked the idea of using a sword. You didn't have any issue with people who use sword, but you never wanted to use sword for yourself. Not even wear one.“ Legend: „Hm... Well, I'll just use my weapon, I guess...

They went first to Datong. Lone Hero wanted to show him where he used to train in the past. Then Legend noticed a warrior from the Secred Shadow Clan. He asked Lone Hero: „Hey, who's that guy over there? Is he a good guy or a bad guy?“ Lone Hero: „He's an asshole, actually.“ Legend: „So he's a bad guy?“ Lone Hero:„Pretty much, yes. He's just a little bug, though. He's a master of the secret shadow clan. People simply call him Master of Black Shadows.“ Legend: „He got interesting clothes...“ Legend started to walk towards him.

Lone Hero said to himself: „What the...“ Legend spoke to the Master of Black Shadows: „Hey you, give me your clothes.“ Lone Hero thought again loud and said: „I got a deja-vu...“ Short time later Legend had the clothes he wanted, and Lone Hero seemed to be speechless: „...

After that they went to Hangzhou and Liaodong. These were places where Legend also trained in the past. Lone Hero told him that he was about to start his training in Liaodong. He also told him what his goals were and how he used to live his life. He told Legend a lot of what he knew, but sometime he didn't have anything more to tell.

Lone Hero: „I think, you should go now to somebody else.“ Legend: „Alright. Somebody from the Vagabond Army?“ Lone Hero: „Actually not... I was thinking about someone else...

They went to Tianjin. Legend didn't know why they went to Tianjin. All what Lone Hero told him was that they had to meet there somebody. When they arrived Baijia Village, they went to the gate of the clan of beggars. Lone Hero: „Please wait for me out here. I'll go in first and talk with somebody.

He went inside and Legend waited outside. While he was waiting, he noticed a peddler in the near. He was selling beggar clothes, and Legend seemed to like one of them. The one he liked was called swallow garment. He asked the peddler if he could buy these clothes. The peddler answered: „You may indeed buy them, but you may not wear them.“ Legend: „Why not?“ Peddler: „Because only disciples of the league of beggars are allowed to wear them.“ Legend: „What happens if I do it anyway?“ Peddler: „Then you can get punished for this.

It was a pity to Legend that he wasn't able to wear them. These clothes remembered him of something, but he didn't know what it was. Twenty minutes later Lone Hero came back outside and said: „You can come now with me.

He went with him inside and asked: „Why did you need that much time?“ Lone Hero: „I had to talk a lot with someone. You will meet him soon.“ They kept walking, then they arrived at Bamboo Master, the elder of the league.

Bamboo Master looked at Legend with watery eyes. It seemed as if he was happy about something. Tears flowed down his cheeks, but he started anyway to talk: „Legend, my son. It's good to see you again. Incredible how strong you have become. I can sense your chi. How strong you would be if you would remember again and knew about your own strength..?“ Legend didn't know what to say. He didn't know who this was. Bamboo Master: „Legend, I'm so sorry that I didn't believe in you.

The poor, old man started to whine. But the worst for Legend was that he didn't know what to do. Legend: „No, please...“ Bamboo Master: „It does so good to see you again.“ Lone Hero began to talk with Bamboo Master: „Bamboo Master, he doesn't know what happened in the past. I thought, you should tell him that.“ Bamboo Master tried to calm down and said: „Yes, you're right. I'm just so glad to see Legend again... Please, have a seat you two, and drink something with me.“ Lone Hero: „I would like to stay, but I have to go again. I'm sure you two got a lot to talk about.

Lone Hero said good bye and went outside. Legend sat in front of Bamboo Master, while he began to tell everything...

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next