The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

4 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:02 pm

Chapter 98: Ruye & Ruxue

A female voice said from the back: "Ruye!"

Ruye turned around, with his proud, serious look in his eyes and saw a young Heavenly Demon woman he knew. Sadness lied in her watery eyes as she looked into his eyes. He shortly kept looking at her with pride and seriousness, but shortly after fell into the same emotion, and sadness filled his eyes as well. Shortly later, he said: "Ruxue..."

Ruxue: "For how long do you want to keep avoiding me?" Ruye stayed silent as he kept looking into her sad eyes with sadness in his own eyes. Ruxue: "You promised me... You promised me we would be together for all of our lives, and always be there for me... Please don't leave me again..."

Ruye stayed silent. His eyes became slightly watery. Then after a while he spoke: "The Ruye you knew would have been your partner, husband and best friend, and would have never left your side ever again. This was his destiny. Just as there was a destiny for The Dark Messiah. But as two souls become one, a new destiny comes into being..."

Ruxue: "Can't I still be part of your destiny?"

Ruye stayed silent for a while again as he kept looking at her. He wanted to tell her that she didn't really want that, but she would just have said that she does, so instead, he tried something else while still trying to be honest. After a while he said: "I don't deserve you. I was always proud of myself, my skills and my abilities. I would not have put you in the center of my life like I should. You deserve better."

Ruxue: "You know that's not true!"

It's incredible what power women have to keep men in check and on the right path... Ruye wished it would be that simple, wished that he could, but he couldn't. What has been done can not be undone again, and being together would be too dangerous for her.

With sad eyes Ruye said: "What has been done can not be undone again. The merge between the two souls of Ruye and The Dark Messiah can not be revised. The Dark Messiah wants answers. I want answers. I'm always traveling, never being still, never caring for anything else than knowledge and answers to my questions. I would not give you the attention and care you deserve." He was shortly quiet, then said with sincere sadness: "And I'd probably feel like you'd be a millstone around my neck..."

Ruxue, slightly whimpering: "Don't say that..."

Ruye's eyes got more watery, and after being shortly silent he said: "Ruye has made his decision, and now it's too late to go back."

As Ruye turned his head away and began to walk away, Ruxue was able to see some tears flowing down from his eyes. Not knowing what to do, she let him go and stayed there motionless, looking after him as he went farther and farther away.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 6 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Chapter 99: Consequences

As Legend was sitting and talking with Dratshitse close to Hefei, he suddenly noticed somebody, with her eyes looking straight at him, walking towards him - it was Ruxue. Ruxue approached Legend with sad, watery, and somewhat angry eyes but rather with pain in them. As Legend saw her approaching him and noticed her eyes, he knew her pain was related to him, and that he had to face the consequences. As he saw she was a Heavenly Demon, he knew that it probably would have something to do with Ruye.

A few feet away and in front of him she stopped and said nothing as she looked straight into his eyes. Legend looked clueless at her, wondering, and both remained in silence for a while.

After a while she said slowly yet firm: "I - hate - you!"

Legend was quiet and kept looking at her with clueless, non-judging eyes. Dratshitse was confused too. After a while he said "What?"

In an instant, Ruxue replied like a shot: "I said I hate you!"

They stayed shortly silent again, then Dratshitse said "Hey, how about you leave~" Legend suddenly interrupted her by raising his hand in her direction, symbolizing her to stop as he kept looking with clueless and non-judging eyes at Ruxue, which not only surprised Dratshitse but also slightly surprised Ruxue, though she didn't let go of her anger.

After a short while he slowly lowered his hand again, then said: "Why?"

Ruxue answered painful: "Because I lost the love of my life because of you!"

A slight sadness could be noticed in Legend's eyebrows, as he had the feeling she was talking about Ruye. Looking into her sad and painful, watery eyes, he asked after a short moment of silence: "Please tell me your story."

Ruxue, first unsure about whether he was serious or not, looked into his eyes, but saw only sincerity. After a while she got serious and spoke: "He was supposed to be with me! He promised to become my partner, my husband, and my best friend! And to never leave my side! It was our destiny to be together for all of our lives! Instead..." Her emotions got stronger and her eyes more watery, letting some tears flow down her cheeks as she then said angrily "Instead he gave up his life to save YOURS!"

Legend had slightly wider eyes as she said these words, slightly watery but almost unnoticeable. Then he said "Ruye.."

Ruxue replied emotionally: "Yes, Ruye!"

Legend, looking at her and feeling her pain, got more and more watery eyes, realizing what he has done. His heart beat harder. Ruxue realized Legend's emotional situation after a while as she looked into his watery eyes which were looking into hers - his reaction being completely to the contrary to her expectation. Both Dratshitse and Ruxue seemed to notice his hard heartbeat, yet were unsure whether it really was what they believed it to be. Uncertain about the situation and not knowing what to do, Ruxue turned away after a while and began to walk away again. Legend kept looking after her, still in realization of what he has done, and fully feeling Ruxue. Dratshitse looked surprised at Legend, realizing his emotions as well.

Suddenly he stood up and said "What's your name?"

Ruxue stopped, looked back at him, into his watery eyes, then after a short silence replied "My name is Ruxue."

Like a sudden flash, Legend felt like he fucked up what was supposed to be. Shortly after he made the 'Wushu Greeting' with his hands, bowed down slightly and looked down with open eyes, cautious to not let his tears flow down, as he said "Thank you for telling me your story."

Ruxue was saddened by his reaction, turned away and began to cry as she walked away.

Legend raised his head and lowered his arms again as he looked after her. He blinked, and tears came down his eyes. He wiped them away with his sleeve. Then he said, while turning away and starting to walk: "I'm sorry, I've got to go."

Dratshitse asked: "Can I come with you?"

Legend replied: "No."
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 6 Empty CHAPTER 100!!!

Post  Legend Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:22 pm

Chapter 100: Yin & Yang

Legend found Ruye. Ruye looked at Legend. He realized that he has been talking to Ruxue, then turned his head away again.

Legend: "Ruye, we need to talk."

Ruye: "No, we don't."

Legend: "I talked to Ruxue."

Ruye: "Mind your own business."

Legend: "It is my business."

Ruye: "Leave me alone."

Legend: "This is a part of your destiny you can't escape."

Ruye: "It is not my destiny anymore."

Legend: "Yes it is."

Ruye: "You have no idea what you're talking about."

Legend: "I won't let that part of your destiny go to waste."

Ruye looked at Legend again, then said: "That's new."

Legend: "What?"

Ruye: "You talking out of sadness instead of anger."

Both were silent for a while as they looked straight and serious at each other. After a while Ruye said: "You know I can't do it."

Legend: "All I know is that you're walking away."

Ruye was shortly quiet, then he asked: "What am I supposed to do?"

Legend: "As I see it, you have 3 possibilities: You walk away and keep living in your illusion, you open your heart and learn how to love again, or I'll take The Dark Messiah part back into me."

Ruye laughed, then he said: "Well, first of all, you obviously won't let me 'walk away'."

Legend: "Two possibilities, then."

Ruye: "And secondly, you can't take The Dark Messiah part back into you. What has been done can not be undone again."

Legend: "Try me."

Ruye looked analytically into his eyes, but saw only how serious he was. What a rare sight to see such seriousness in the mind and such kindness in the body at the same time. But should Legend really attempt such a thing.. Ripping apart two souls which have become one already is very dangerous and can lead to death of the being, or even worse. After a while he turned his head away again and said "Go away, kid."

Legend, in all seriousness: "You want to see that blue in my aura so bad?" Suddenly Legend released a burst of pure blue aura.

Ruye immediately turned his head back at him, widening and making big eyes as he was just seeing what he hoped to see one day in the future. "Holy ff..." he said silently to himself.

A warrior, not fighting out of any egoic aspect, but out of the heart. His heart was in full control, and his mind was pure awareness. This was what they call a 'Peaceful Warrior'. And it was damn powerful. Although not mastered, this was one of the most powerful things he had ever seen. He knew he wasn't ready to fight against someone in such a state of mind and beingness. He had been too busy seeking answers and hasn't focused on training since a while. And even if he did, it would probably have been hard to get close to that and to keep up with him in a fight. Imagining how it would be like if both would have been training blew his mind. As he looked at Legend with amazement, he knew he had no chance whatsoever. And thus, his possibilities, so it seemed, were reduced to one.

Ruye got serious again as he was looking at Legend. His body was slightly trembling. "Why am I trembling?" he wondered angry in all seriousness. After a while he said: "Do you have any idea how I would poison her with my vibes and presence? She's a good person, and I'd rather die than darkening her beauty."

Legend: "That's her decision to make, not yours."

Ruye: "I don't have the capacity of giving her the love she deserves either. You know this to be true."

Legend: "Then learn how to love again. Let the Ruye inside you guide you. You don't have to control everything."

Ruye looked even more serious, almost angry at Legend, fighting with himself, then after a while he got overwhelmed by his emotions and fell on his knees. As he did, he immediately asked himself "What's happening to me?!"

Like in a flash, he suddenly looked at Legend, thinking "Is it his presence?!" As he kept looking at him, he got weaker inside, and he thought "It's him! It must be him!"

He kept looking seriously at Legend, feeling like he was sitting on the fence. On one hand, he was mad and angry to not be in control, neither within nor without, and he'd love to beat the shit out of him at that moment. On the other hand, he was amazed at the kind of power he was just demonstrating, perhaps not even realizing it himself, and he wondered whether Legend could really help him. If he had to be honest with himself, he wished he could be with Ruxue, but was too afraid of harming her in any way, in any form, especially since The Dark Messiah's presence usually poisoned and darkened everyone nearby.

He even thought about the possibility of getting rid of The Dark Messiah part again, but he had to realize that both parts didn't want that. It felt right, and they had become something strong and out of this world.

After a while, while still looking serious and almost angry at Legend, he said: "Can you help me in any real way? Can you help me to overcome this?"

Legend: "I can remind you of letting the Ruye inside you guide you, how to open your heart and how to love again, and I can show you how you can be the awareness rather than your poisonous vibes so that you don't poison anyone around you and keep everything inside in check and under control. But I can only show you the way. You're the one who has to do it all."

After a short time, Ruye lowered his head and closed his eyes, almost devoted, then, after a short silence, said "Then teach me.."

Legend stopped his aura burst again and looked at him with sad eyes.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:31 pm

Chapter 101: Practice with Ruye - Part 1

Legend was hanging around with Ruye since quite a while now and accompanying him wherever he went - though they didn't leave the Land - assisting him on learning how to use his 'curse' rather than being used by it. However, not only did Legend teach Ruye about consciousness and awareness, but Ruye also taught Legend a few things about how to control his state of love and kindness in a fight and practiced with him.

At this moment, they were both sitting in front of each other and practicing some kind of 'meditation', being aware of what's happening within.

After a while, Legend began to talk..

Legend: "I'm sorry."

Ruye: "For what?"

Legend: "For the burden I've given you."

Ruye began to grin slightly, then said "It's not so much of a burden, actually.. You just made it a bigger one by pressuring me into this love thing."

Legend smiled slightly, and after a short silence said sincerely: "If I could have taken it again from you just like that, I would have done it."

Ruye, grinning: "I'd rather not. It feels right. Furthermore, once I'm at that masterful point where I can give Ruxue what she deserves and be with her without affecting her the slightest, it'll be alright."

Legend smiled slightly more. What devotion.. And he probably wasn't even aware of it.

Legend: "Well.. There will still be ups and downs in your life, times where you'll be able to do it better and times where you won't be able to do it that well. It might take a few years until you'll master it."

Ruye, grinning: "Heh.. It will be worth it. As long as I can be with her.."

At one time, Ruye said thoughtful to Legend: "You know.. Some of the things you said to us before going to Shambhala stayed in my head ever since.. The things about how this world will become.."

Legend: "Hm.. I see.."

Ruye: "I'm actually looking for a way to prevent this.. to change the course of history.."

Legend: "I don't think you can. This is the karma of this world. You may very well change quite some things, but what must be, will be."

Ruye, slightly grinning: "I'm still gonna do it."

Legend smiled slightly and said: "Please do."
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Chapter 102: Practice with Ruye - Part 2

On other days, things weren't going so well...

Ruye was feeling angry and couldn't really control it, and sought Legend's help.

Ruye: "Everything annoys me today! Everything sucks! This whole stupid thing of awareness and control is fucking stupid! Even your fucking face annoys me!"

Legend just looked at him with a dry expression on his face, not saying anything.

After a moment of silence, Ruye demanded annoyed: "You have to help me!"

Legend, still looking at him with a dry expression on his face, answered: "Is that so?"

Ruye: "Come on! It's not the first time I'm like that, it's just worse today! I want to know what to do in these situations!"

Legend: "You will always fail again, and always fall down on the ground again. Being awakened does not mean that you're free of challenges, it just means you use these challenges as a tool to grow."

Ruye was shortly silent as he reflected upon these words, then said: "That doesn't help me right now. Don't get me wrong, it actually sounds like something which will be important for me to understand sometime later.. But it doesn't help me right now."

They both were shortly silent as Legend kept looking at him, after a while he began to talk.

Legend: "Do you experience your misery?"

Ruye, somewhat confused: "Of course I'm experiencing my misery, that's why I'm here with you!"

Legend: "If you experience your misery and experience it in your mind, then you are the knower, the experiencer of your misery. If you are the experiencer, and the misery is experienced in your mind, then the experiencer and the experienced must be two different things. The knower and the known."

Legend stopped shortly. Ruye was silent, understanding and being able to follow what Legend was saying, perceiving his realization.

Then Legend continued: "The moment you disassociate yourself from the tensions, worries, anxieties of your mind you get a sense of peace, the mind calms down."

Ruye kept perceiving his realization, being drawn into it, and realized that this was indeed true. After a while he said: "You're right! I'm feeling more peaceful now."

Legend immediately said: "You are not peaceful, you are the knower of the peace in your mind."

Ruye looked at him - understanding it. This realization blew his mind. Then he started to laugh out loud, and after a while he said kind of glad: "I get it!"
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:18 pm

Chapter 103: Fixed Problems

After a few months of intensive inner training, both Legend and Ruye arrived in Hefei. Ruxue was sitting somewhere, rather depressed, with Dratshitse nearby, pretty motivationless too. Suddenly Ruxue noticed Ruye walking with Legend towards their direction. Ruxue couldn't trust her eyes at first. After a while she stood up, still not fully believing her eyes. Dratshitse noticed them both coming too and reacted surprised as well. As they got closer, Legend stopped walking and let Ruye keep walking alone. As he kept walking, Ruxue began to walk too, still unable to really believe it.

They both stopped in front of each other. A kindness was in Ruye's eyes as he smiled at her, and she knew he had returned to her. She jumped into his arms as she said "Ruye..!" and began to cry, hugging and holding him tight. Ruye held her tight as well. Dratshitse, who was also standing in the back, looked surprised at both, with a happy smile on her face, then looked at Legend with the same happy smile. Legend smiled back at her, nodded slightly while blinking softly, implying that everything was fine.

As Legend saw his 'work' was done and Ruye now had to deal with his 'training' and 'problems' alone, he turned away and began to walk away with a smile on his face. Ruxue noticed Legend walking away, then said "Wait!" as she let go of Ruye but kept holding his hand. Legend turned around, and Ruxue said sincerely and feeling sorry: "Thank you. I'm sorry about..."

Legend smiled, said "No. I'm glad you told me."

Ruxue, with watery eyes and a happy smile: "Thank you."

Legend smiled, made the 'Wushu Greeting', wishing them all the best, then turned around and kept walking.

Dratshitse passed by Ruye and smiled happily at him, being happy for both and about how things turned out. She looked at Ruxue with the same smile and said "See you later.", and kept walking after Legend. Ruxue replied smiling "Yes.", looking shortly after them, then turned to Ruye again, Ruye doing the same.

Dratshitse came next to Legend and looked at him with a smile. Legend said nothing, and just kept smiling as he kept walking and looking forward. Then she said "You're awesome."

Legend got a big smile on his face, looked at her, and replied "Whatever."

After a short while, while still looking at him, she said smiling: "I missed you."

Legend looked smiling back at her, then said: "I missed you too."

Ruye wouldn't stay with Ruxue and instead continue his journey, but would return at least once a year to China to be with her again. Due to his long and good service for the Heavenly Demon clan and the clan's big respect towards The Dark Messiah, he was also free to enter the clan's headquarters in Mount Yanmo at any time despite not being a clan member anymore.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:50 pm

Chapter 104: The First Follower

Legend was sitting in Hefei after gathering some stuff and being at the storage keeper. Dratshitse went to him and started to talk.

Dratshitse, smiling: "Hey Legend."

Legend, smiling back: "Hey there. How's it going?"

Dratshitse: "Good, thanks. Yourself?"

Legend: "Yeah, I'm good. Just was at the storage keeper after gathering some stuff. Prepearing for my trip."

Dratshitse: "What trip?"

Legend: "I think I'll leave the Land soon and head to India. Word is, there are many Gurus there. Maybe someone there can teach me more about the things I'd like to learn about."

Dratshitse: "So you really want to go?"

Legend: "Yes."

Dratshitse: "For how long do you think you'll be gone?"

Legend: "I can't say. It's really hard to tell with this kind of thing. I'm thinking it'll take a few years, depending on what Gurus can help me and how long it'll take to find the next 'right one'."

Dratshitse looked reflective as she looked slightly down, then said: "I've been thinking about that.. and.. well... Would you take someone with you?"

Legend: "How do you mean?"

Dratshitse: "I'd like to come with you."

Legend: "You want to find out more about that kind of thing too?"

Dratshitse: "Yeah, kind of. I feel like I'd like to come with you, no matter where it takes you."

Legend looks attentively at her and keeps listening.

Dratshitse continues: "I feel like you're the sort of person I'd like to be around with, and there's a lot I could learn from you since I've met you. And I think I could learn more if I'd stay with you."

Legend thought about her relation with Setsuna, which he knew about.

Legend smiles, then asks: "Are you sure you want that? I don't know for how long I'd be traveling by foot, and for how long I'd stay there. I'm also not sure whether I'll come back."

Dratshitse looked into his eyes: "Yes I'm sure. Can I come with you?"

Legend saw her determination in her eyes, maybe something more related to him, but wasn't sure.

Shortly after he replied slightly smiling: "You may accompany me if you wish so."

Dratshitse seemed heavily relieved about hearing that as she grabbed his hand, said "Thank you!" and smiled happy as she looked at Legend.

Legend smiled. Not sure about her relation with Setsuna, Legend chose not to talk about it and to let it as it was.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:03 pm

Chapter 105: Reacquaintance with Dreamghost

Legend was walking through Nanchang, Dratshitse accompanied him. Legend wanted to get some stuff for the journey.

Suddenly, a man in beggar clothes noticed him, and approached them. When Legend noticed him, he recognized him: It was Dreamghost. He began to smile.

When he was in front of Legend, Dreamghost asked surprised: "Legend! You're really back!"

Legend smiled: "My friend, it's good to see you!"

They both had a long conversation together.

Legend, smiling: "You know.. This story you wrote about me, especially the last chapter.. That was pretty exaggerated at some parts.."

Dreamghost, slightly embarrassed: "Oh, you've read it.. That's embarrassing... Damn father of yours..."

Legend laughed slightly: "Well, it had its wise parts too."

At one point, Dreamghost said: "I've just met you again, but I hear rumors you're about to leave the Land again."

Legend smiled: "Word travels fast in this Land."

Dreamghost: "So it's true?"

Legend: "I'm looking for enlightenment, and thought I should go to India. Maybe I'll find someone there who can teach me more than our monks and scriptures here."

Dreamghost reacted surprised: "Really? You want to go to India?"

Legend: "Yes. Dratshitse will acompany me."

"Is that so?" Dreamghost said, then looked slightly down somewhat reflective. He then looked at him again and asked: "So you want to go from Guru to Guru until you've found what you're looking for?"

Legend laughed slightly: "Yeah, that's exactly what I was thinking."

Dreamghost: "When do you want to leave?"

Legend: "We're not sure. I want to gather a few things for the trip and make some preperations, but I think we'll leave in a few weeks."

Dreamghost: "Hm, I see. Where are you to be found, in case I'd want to meet you again before you leave?"

Legend: "I'm mostly hanging around in Hefei."

Dreamghost: "Good to know. I think I'll come back to you soon again." Dreamghost smiled: "Well, it has been nice meeting you again. I've got to go now. Don't leave too soon."

Legend smiled: "I won't. Nice meeting you again too."

Dreamghost to Dratshitse: "It was nice meeting you too."

Dratshitse slightly nodded as she smiled: "Likewise."

Dreamghost left and walked away, and Legend and Dratshitse kept walking their way.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Chapter 106: Confrontation with the Sacred Flower Clan

Legend and Dratshitse were walking through Nanchang, as suddenly they were approached by a few disciples of the Sacred Flower clan. Dratshitse became slightly nervous already. They stood in front of them, and they all stopped. Legend looked around at those disciples, when suddenly Enchanting Soul, the matriarch and leader of the Sacred Flower clan, came from behind the disciples to the front.

Dratshitse looked slightly down and seemed slightly insecure. Enchanting Soul looked at her, then said: "My child, we've been missing you."

Dratshitse didn't know what to do or say at first, then tried to talk: "My lady, I have been busy lately.."

Enchanting Soul looked at Legend: "Busy with affinity for a man, no doubt." Legend looked focused, slightly serious at her.

Dratshitse: "I don't think this is the right time or place, my lady.. But I promise, I will get back to you as soon as..."

Enchanting Soul interrupted her as she kept looking at Legend: "He already knows."

Dratshitse looked surprised at Legend.

Enchanting Soul: "That's why he wants to take you with him."

Legend kept been focused and slightly serious, looked into Enchanted Soul's eyes and said: "I never wanted to save her from any of your clan business - if that's what you're implying."

Enchanting Soul: "Is that so? Then why do you want to take her out of this Land?"

Legend: "She asked me whether she could come with me, and I agreed."

Enchanting Soul: "Even though you know what kind of person she is?"

Legend: "Was."

Enchanting Soul: "You yourself have had experience with our clan, and experienced the falsehood of Setsuna's words."

Legend looked aside of Enchanting Soul, to a disciple among them who happened to be Setsuna, and replied: "Yeah, I admit, that wasn't cool."

Dratshitse was surprised as she looked and noticed Setsuna: "You're here too?" Setsuna though was feeling unwell about this situation too.

Enchanting Soul: "Then why do you believe Dratshitse's words?"

Legend: "I don't believe anything. I want to go my own way, which happens to go to India and seek spiritual answers, and if she wants to come along, then she's free to do so. I have had good conversations with her so far, and haven't noticed any bad intentions from her."

Enchanting Soul: "How do you want to know she's not just acting?"

Legend: "I just do."

Echanting Soul: "Is that so? Did you know she's actually still working for us, and a mere spy in the Wu-Tang clan?"

Legend looked straight into her eyes: "So she was.." Then he looked at Dratshitse and smiled slightly as he said "But I think her intentions changed a little."

Everyone from the Sacred Flower clan looked at her. It was silent for a moment. Dratshitse looked at Legend as he smiled, then looked at the ground. After a while she gathered her courage, looked at Enchanting Soul and began to talk: "My wise lady, I am thankful for all the time I had with you and the Sacred Flower clan, but I want to go another way now." Enchating Soul became slightly more serious.

Dratshitse went on: "I've learned much about myself in the Wu-Tang clan, and also learned a lot from Legend. And I came to learn that I want to keep going this way of self-realization, and that I don't want to keep doing the mission you gave me."

Enchanting Soul, slightly angry: "My child..."

Dratshitse: "I don't want to go back to the Sacred Flower clan. I want to stay in Wu-Tang."

Enchanting Soul, slightly angry: "You want to let go of your family?"

Legend gets a slightly irritated face expression which can be described pretty well with 'wtf'.

Dratshitse: "The Secred Flower clan will always be in my heart, but this is the path my heart wants me to go now. And I agree with Legend's ideas and opinions about less war and more peace."

Enchanting Soul began to laugh: "He's just a mere Vagabond!"

Dratshitse: "And a good man! He tries to keep doing what he believes in and to be wise even when it is hard! I believe in him!"

Enchanting Soul becomes serious again: "My child, you should reconsider."

Dratshitse: "I'm sorry, my lady, and I hope you will forgive me.. But my choice is final."

Enchanting Soul gets angry: "You will NOT abandon us!"

Dratshitse: "I don't. I'm just going a different way now."

Enchanting Soul gets angrier: "Then you will die! For the penalty for treason is DEATH!"

Most disciples of the Secred Flower clan get into attacking position. Suddenly Legend walks forward and stands in front of Dratshitse, looking at Enchanting Soul - Dratshitse and Setsuna are very surprised, so are the others. After a short while he says: "I'm not going to allow this."

Enchanting Soul looks arrogantly at Legend and asks: "What are you doing?"

Legend: "There is a better way. There's no need for violence. Let's talk this through."

Enchanting Soul, condescending: "What do you, a mere vagabond, want to do?"

Legend: "There are other ways than this. But if you don't listen to reason, I will get myself involved."

Enchanting Soul, grinning and arrogantly: "You want to fight us?"

Legend holds his right arm with his left hand, says "If I have to...", then some blue flashes are shortly to be seen around his right arm, then he says "...yes."

This kind of irritated Enchanting Soul, and she seemed to not be sure about how to react. After a while, Setsuna changed sides and went to Dratshitse, holding her and looking at Enchanting Soul, who was even more perplexed now.

Setsuna: "I too agree with her."

Enchanting Soul: "My child, what are you doing..?!"

Setsuna: "Please let me too go with them. We could learn a lot about enlightenment and bring this knowledge back to our clan."

Enchanting Soul got mad: "You want to change our ways now?!"

Legend: "Everyone is interested in the teachings of The Buddha and others like him."

Enchanting Soul immediately looks at him and says "Be quiet!"

She looked back at Dratshitse and Setsuna, then said: "My children, this is not what you want to do. You should reconsider..."

Legend: "It's just spiritual teachings and wisdom. It will enrich your clan when they bring this knowledge back to you."

Enchanting Soul immediately looked at Legend and said "You stay out of it!"

Legend turned around, waved his hand and arm as he said "Argh.." and walked a few steps back, eventually looking aside with a dry look.

Enchanting Soul looked back at Dratshitse and Setsuna and was quiet. She could see that this was really what they wanted, and she knew she couldn't change their minds. After a while she looked at Legend and asked: "If they get into danger, will YOU be able to defend them??"

Legend had crossed arms, then lifts up his right hand as he said "I think they're both skilled warriors perfectly capable of defending themselves, but should the need ever arise.. Yes, I'll defend them in any way I can."

Enchanting Soul looked at Dratshitse and Setsuna again, then asked: "Is this really what you want, my children?"

Dratshitse and Setsuna both answered: "Yes, my lady."

A moment of silence arised. Eventually, Enchanting Soul gave into it. Shortly after she spoke: "Dratshitse, I release you from any remaining bounderies you have with the Sacred Flower clan. May you find your peace in Wu-Tang.."

Dratshitse bowed down and said "I thank you for your great mercy, my lady."

Then Enchanting Soul looked at Setsuna: "Setsuna, I hereby assign you the mission to accompany Legend and Dratshitse to India for the search of higher knowledge and wisdom, and to bring everything you find back to our clan once you've finished your journey."

Setsuna bowed down as well as she replied: "Thank you, my lady. I will carry out this task for our clan."

Enchanting Soul continued: "In order to establish trust with the Vagabond Legend, and in order for Legend to defend you two - should the need ever arise - you are to teach him the [YY/BS Buff] skill."

Legend looked immediately and very surprised at Enchanting Soul, and Setsuna answered: "Yes, my lady."

Enchanting Soul looked at Legend, who happens to still look surprised at her, then she says after a while: "I hope you will make the best out of our gift."

Legend, still looking surprised, made the wushu-greeting as he said "Thank you, matriarch."

Enchanting Soul: "Take care of my two children. And don't lay hands on either one of them."

Legend looked at her with a dry look on his face, and shortly after says "I'm not planning to."

This gave Enchanting Soul a slight smile, then she turned around and walked away, and her disciples with her.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm

Chapter 107: The Gift of the Wu-Tang Clan

Dratshitse went to the headquarters of the Wu-Tang clan to talk with the clan leader. They had a long conversation.

She told him the truth about her and her relation to the Sacred Flower clan, and about her early intentions, but how little she actually did in the mission of infiltration for the Sacred Flower clan. She explains that she came to realize some things about herself, and has found her new home in Wu-Tang. She explains that she wants to stay loyally in the Wu-Tang clan, but wants to follow Legend to India.

She told Master Tianxing about her encountering with Legend, about the incident with the Sacred Flower clan, how he stood for her, and that she had made her choice about following Legend to India in his quest for enlightenment and self-awareness, and suggested that she could bring all knowledge and wisdom she'd find back to her clan.

Master Tianxing was not very pleased at first, hearing about how she originally wanted to work against the Wu-Tang clan, but admired her courage of admitting and telling it all, and considered her wish to remain in the Wu-Tang clan and to follow the Vagabond Legend in his quest of self-discovery.

After much consideration, he then agreed to it: "You have been a loyal diciple as far as completing your clan quests go, and you're honest enough to tell me all the truth about yourself and your past, and about the choice you've made. I will allow you to stay in our clan, and will keep your story to myself. I will also allow you to go with the Vagabond Legend, if you truly wish so. However, I will not allow you to teach him any of our Kung Fu, like the Sacred Flower clan did." They were both shortly silent, after a while he continued: "But I can also not let the Sacred Flower clan be the only one to give him this kind of gift for this quest of his." After a short silence, he said: "I will prepare a test. When he's ready, bring him here. And if he's worthy, he will be allowed to learn one of our Kung Fu techniques."

Dratshitse smiled happily, bowed down slightly and gave her sincerest thanks.

Later, she came back with Legend, telling him that he had to be tested by her clan in order for her to go with him - he simply accepted this and went with her. Setsuna stayed in Hefei, as disciples of black clans are not liked to be seen in white clan territory and are mostly attacked by sight. They went to the headquarters of the Wu-Tang, and Legend was given permission to enter.

Standing in front of Master Tianxing, he looked very carefully and intensively at Legend. Legend made the wushu-greeting, bowed slightly and said "Master Tianxing, it is a honor to meet you again."

Master Tianxing as well made the wushu-greeting and said: "The honor is mine, Legend. You've grown up since I last saw you."

Legend smiled: "A lot happened.. I heard you've got a test for me?"

Master Tianxing: "Yes. We'd like to test you before letting one of our best disciples go with you. Are you ready to be tested?"

Legend smiled: "That's what I'm here for."

Master Tianxing: "Good, then follow me. Dratshitse, stay here."

Master Tianxing began to walk into the building, and Legend followed him. They entered a room with a table, and Legend noticed an 'I Ching' plate, surrounded by many short and long wooden sticks.

They stopped in front of the table, and Master Tianxing explained, with his open hand showing to the plate: "This is the 'I Ching'. Next to it you will find long and short wooden sticks, just as many as there are drawn on the I Ching plate. Try to solve the riddle, and to find the meaning of those sticks. You have three days."

Master Tianxing then turned around and left the room, closing the door behind him.

Legend looked at the I Ching plate, sat in front of it and looked at it intensively: "Hm..."

Outside, Master Tianxing was talking with Dratshitse: "He will not come out of there for two days, but eventually, I believe he can make it."

About 20 minutes later, Legend came out with a 'star tetrahedron' made out of the wooden sticks, and brought it to Master Tianxing, who was looking surprised at him. As he gave him what he made out of the sticks, he said "I didn't use all of the sticks, but thought that'd be enough, since it all leads to the same."

Master Tianxing was somewhat perplexed as he took it and looked at it.

Shortly after Legend said: "And by the way, this I Ching thing is very interesting, but only a thing of form. It takes brain and common sense, which is form, but does not lead one to, let alone encourages one to go into the formless."

Master Tianxing got slightly annoyed, and said "You're just like your father.."

Then he said: "You may leave our headquarters now. Dratshitse will soon get back to you."

Legend made the wushu-greeting, then headed out.

Legend was sitting with Setsuna in Hefei. About two hours later, Dratshitse came back. She was smiling.

Legend smiled and asked: "So, how did I do?"

Dratshitse replied: "Master Tianxing was both pleased and annoyed by your result."

Legend, smiling: "How ironic. That's the form the I Ching points towards: A normal tetrahedron pointing up, and an upside down tetrahedron pointing down.. So, did I pass?"

Dratshitse smiling: "Yes, I'm now allowed to teach you one of our techniques."

Legend was slightly irritated: "I thought this was about getting you to come with me."

"I've learned a lot from you, but now I can teach YOU something." Dratshitse says before teaching Legend the supreme Wu-Tang Tai Chi fists technique.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:56 pm

Chapter 108: Ruye Joins

Ruye approached Legend who was sitting with Dratshitse and Setsuna in Hefei.

He smiled looking at Setsuna and said: "Look at that.. Didn't think to see her here with you." Then he looked smiling at Legend and said: "Word is people are joining you in your quest to set for India in search of enlightenment."

Legend smiled slightly surprised: "Really?"

Ruye smiling: "Yes, Dreamghost is telling it all around."

Legend looked with a dry look at Ruye, which made Ruye smile big.

Then Ruye said: "Well, I'm in."

Legend: "What?"

Ruye: "I'll join you too. I'll be the member of the Heavenly Demon clan who will accompany you for the search of wisdom, and bring what we've learned back to our clan."

Legend smiled slightly, looking slightly perplexed at him, then he said: "But I thought you're not really part of the clan anymore."

Ruye looked slightly down aside as he said slightly smiling "Yeah.. I might come back empty handed, or not having much to tell..." Ruye looks slightly downwards and explains: "Well actually, I just told our clan master about my choice, not that it would have made any difference, since I was about to leave the Land again anyway, but they hold my former deeds for the clan as well as The Dark Messiah in high regards, and advised me to bring all knowledge we find and learn back to the clan, like all the other clan disciples who will follow you will do." Then he looked at Legend again and said slightly smiling "But another diciple of the Heavenly Demon clan may join us, and take over this task."

Legend: "You mean Ruxue?"

Ruye: "Yeah, I will talk to her about it. Since I may be traveling with you for a longer period of time, she may want to accompany us."

Legend smiled and said: "You're both welcome to join us, and I'm glad to know you at my side, brother." After a short break he continued: "But.. Are you sure about it? I mean.. Is seeking enlightenment really your thing?"

Ruye smiles: "Yeah, I know.. Not really.. Then again, it has drawn me into that direction already too. Quite frankly, I don't like the sacrosanct behavior of most self-proclaimed 'Gurus', but I can keep learning from you."

Legend smiles, understanding his point, then says "I appreciate it, and I'm glad to have you on board."

Ruye smiles too, shortly after Legend asks: "So.. Does that mean Dreamghost will also join?"

Ruye: "It sounded very much like it."

Legend laughed slightly, then said "Oh, ok."

Shortly after, Ruye grabbed a weapon from behind his back, then held it towards Legend: "I want you to have this." It was a real katana. "With your skills and knowledge of fighting with both saber and sword, I'm sure you'll handle this just fine."

Legend was surprised: "This.. is a katana sword."

Ruye: "Yes, and a real one too. Its steel folded several times, and almost unbreakable."

Legend: "Actually, I'm just fighting with my fists, and haven't used any weapon in ages. I don't think I'll ever use it in combat."

Ruye smiles and says: "Then just wear it decoratively."

Legend smiles slightly and looks at the katana.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:11 pm

Chapter 109: Dreamghost Joins Too

Legend, Dratshitse and Setsuna came back to Hefei, and sat down somewhere together - Legend was wearing his newly aquired katana on his lower back.

Legend smiled: "So we're 4 people already, probably 5 with Dreamghost. Maybe 6 if Ruxue joins too. This is getting bigger than expected."

Dratshitse smiled too: "Yes, that has been an unexpected turn of events."

Legend: "Indeed. I just hope everyone gets what he's looking for."

Then he looked at Setsuna and asked: "What about you? How do you feel about it?"

Setsuna smiled slightly: "I'm glad my clan eventually agreed to it and let me go with you. I hope it's not bothersome to you that it is me, considering our past together.. I'm really sorry about that, that's just how our clan works.."

Legend: "Don't worry about it. We're not the same person as we were yesterday, and we're not the same person as we will be tomorrow." Setsuna smiles.

After a while, Dreamghost appears and approaches them.

Dreamghost: "Legend, good to see you still here. I'd like to join you in your journey in the name of my clan. Like the others who will join you, I have been given the task to accompany you, and bring all we've learned back to our clan."

Legend smiled slightly: "You're very welcome to join us, brother. So you're back in your clan full-time? I thought you were mostly out of your clan's reach."

Dreamghost laughed and held his back head: "Yeah, well, I bothered our master quite a bit to get this task from him."

Legend slightly laughed, then asked: "How is he doing, the old man?"

Dreamghost: "Bamboo Master's doing fine, and - you won't believe it - actually gave me permission to teach you one of our skills."

Legend was surprised: "What?"

Dreamghost smiled: "Yeah, I'm allowed to teach you our advanced meditation."

Legend was positively surprised about this, and happy that he was now allowed to learn the third skill of a clan.

A while later, Ruye came along with Ruxue.

Legend greeted them: "Ruye! Ruxue! How are you, my friends?"

Ruye: "Hello Legend, hey everybody!" Everybody greeted back.

Ruye: "Ruxue was given the task by our clan to follow you and to bring all wisdom and knowledge back to our clan."

Legend smiled: "Really?"

Ruye smiled as well: "Yes. So she'll be the one taking care of this business. And I.. I'll just be... me."

Legend laughed, then said "Yeah.", understanding what Ruye meant. Then he looked smiling at Ruxue and said: "Glad to have you on board."

Ruxue smiled and said: "Thank you." Then she looked at Ruye and said "Tell him!"

Ruye spoke: "Legend, we got something for you. Regarding your task ahead, and the importance of it growing bigger with each follower you're gathering, we were given the permission to teach you a skill of ours."

Legend became surprised to hear this, and after a while said "You're kidding.."

Ruye continued smiling: "No. They first wanted to teach you our advanced lightfoot, but then I thought this should be the honor of someone else.. and insisted on a Chi Kung technique."

Legend laughed happily, then said: "A Vagabond with Chi Kung skills?"

Ruye: "Sure, your father is skilled in Chi Kung too. So, do you want to learn it?"

Legend made the wushu-greeting, as he happily said "Yes, I'd love to!"
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Chapter 110: Shaolin sends a Disciple

Legend, Dratshitse, Setsuna, Dreamghost, Ruye and Ruxue were in Hefei, as they were approached by a Shaolin disciple who was wearing a polearm.

He went to Legend, greeted with both palms together and said: "Greetings. You must be Legend the Vagabond."

Legend put both of his palms together as well and replied: "Greetings. Indeed, I am."

The Shaolin said: "My name is Xiao Long. I'm a disciple of the Shaolin. Our clan has heard about your mission to go to India for the search of enlightenment, holy scriptures and wisdom. Is that correct?"

Legend replied: "Yes. I originally wanted to go alone, but a few other people have decided to come along, and to bring what they learn back to their clan."

Xiao Long: "My clan would like to extend our teachings of The Buddha, and has dispatched me to join you on this mission as well, if you allow me. As a sign of friendship, my clan allows you to learn one of our Kung Fu skills, called 'Enlightenments of 1000 Buddhas'."

Legend stood up, put both of his palms together again and bowed slightly as he said: "Xiao Long, it's a pleasure to meet you. You're welcome to participate in our quest for your clan's sake and interests."

Xiao Long made the same gesture, then taught Legend his skill.

There was something familiar about Xiao Long to Legend, though he was not sure what it was. But he felt like Xiao Long was the kind of guy he wanted to be around.

Xiao Long then asked Legend: "If I may ask - What exactly is your intention for this journey?"

Legend: "Well... I was fortunate enough to learn a lot about myself in Shambhala, and about who and what I really am..."

Xiao Long asked slightly surprised: "You were in Shambhala?"

Legend replied: "Yes.. But I came to realize that I myself still need a master."

Xiao Long: "What made you realize that?"

Legend begins to smile, then he says: "There were many occasions which made me realize that.. But there was one particular occasion.. I was brought by officials to Beijing, to meet the Emperor himself.. And I found myself in a difficult situation, and realized I was still unable to face everyone with the same attitude."

Xiao Long noded wisely: "I see. And what made you choose India as your destination?"

Legend: "Knowing that India was the Land of Gurus, I had the idea of traveling to India in search of someone who can teach me more, or some teachings who could help me out. And one time, I met this Unshaven Buddhist Monk who was on his way to India to retrieve the 22 buddhist scripture books in India. Inspired by his mission, I then decided to head to India myself."

Xiao Long nodded understanding. Then he asked: "And the others?"

Legend thought shortly about it, then said: "I think everyone of them has his own interest in teachings of wisdom and self-awareness themselves. Most of them have been given the same task by their clan as you - to learn, gather and then bring what they got back to their clan."

Xiao Long: "Do you believe their intentions are true?"

Legend: "Yes, I do believe that. I trust everyone so far, and feel that they all are good people."

Xiao Long: "What will you do if conflict arises?"

Legend: "I may not be needed for every little argument. But if it is needed, I will try to talk and to communicate with and between everyone. I believe this is not a journey where our differences will have any importance - after all it's a journey of wisdom and self-discovery. But should the need arise, then it's important to remember ourselves what our quest is about. It's not about us, but about the teachings. And everyone is free to leave at any time."

Xiao Long smiles, and nods slightly.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:39 pm

Chapter 111: The Brotherhood of Thieves Wants In

Legend, Dratshitse, Setsuna, Dreamghost, Ruye, Ruxue and Xiao Long were sitting together in Hefei and talking about the journey, what way to go and what to take with them, making preparations.

Suddenly, a while later, a female bandit approached them.

She talked to Legend and said: "Hello. Are you the Vagabond Legend?"

Legend: "Yes. What can I do for you?"

The female bandit: "My clan has heard that every clan has sent a disciple to accompany you in your quest to India for knowledge, scriptures and enlightenment, and does not want to be the only one not coming along. I have volunteered to join you in the name of my clan, for the same sake of bringing knowledge back to my clan."

Legend: "What's your name?"

The female bandit: "My name is Chun."

Legend: "Nice to meet you, Chun. You're welcome to join us."

Chun smiled slightly: "Thank you. My clan also has something as a gift for you. The skill I'm allowed to teach you is called 'Healing of The Universe'. It's a healing technique you can apply on others as well as yourself."

Legend put his palms together, bowed slightly and said "Thank you very much for this gift. It will be an enrichment for all of my future way."

There was - like with Xiao Long, yet different - something familiar about Chun, which Legend couldn't quite figure. It was interesting to Legend to see who ended up joining him in this journey, to say the least.

Legend then asked: "Why did you choose to join us?"

Chun replied: "Various reasons.. I know about you, about what you did in the past, and how important peace between the white and black clans is to you. I admire you for many things you did." Legend smiled slightly. Chun continued: "But I also have personal interests in this journey. Maybe I'm not the right person for enlightenment, but I do hope to find some realizations for myself along the way, apart from gathering teachings for my clan."

Legend smiled and nodded slightly: "I understand."

They were now 7 people following Legend in his journey - At least one disciple of every main clan.

Legend reflected with a slight smile: Who would have thought that this would have become so big? He didn't think the other 3 clans would send any disciple, but was astonished that all 3 clans of each the white and the black clans willingly sent or allowed one of their disciples to join this big quest of self-discovery.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:02 pm

Chapter 112: Unexpected Follower: Soul Joins As Well

Vagabond Soul hears about Legend's journey to India and about clan disciples joining him in him quest. As far as rumors go, each clan disciple following Legend wants to learn more about the teachings of The Buddha, teachings of enlightenment and self-awareness, and eventually bring them back to their clan. Soul didn't want to join too, since he was at a difficult point in his life.

One day, Soul went down to The Cave of The Conqueror to visit The Vagabond, wanting to talk to him about his difficult state in his life.

During this personal and somewhat intense chat, The Vagabond told him that he knew how much Soul used to want the vagabond guild to be big and strong, and how he lost interest after a few years, and then became somewhat solitary before Legend had returned. And while Legend cared about the vagabond guild too, he was more of a recluse now. The Vagabond reminded Soul of how he stood day by day in the Cane Castle, waiting for the return of Legend or others, before becoming solitary.

In the end, The Vagabond asks Soul a favor - delivering a bow he had prepared for Legend - knowing that after this discussion, by the time he had reached Legend, he would have re-evaluated his direction in life and would want to seek knowledge in India to bring unity to the vagabonds.

As he was heading to Legend, Soul reflected on his life, and eventually came to a conclusion.

Soul wanted to help Legend in his task for knowledge, wisdom and enlightenment. Soul would hope to find some teaching worth passing around to vagabonds that stride in the Land. After all, many are alone. And The Holy Halls of the Vagabond Army should become a home for all vagabonds, if not in the literary sense, then in a metaphorically-speaking one. Some place that they would find help to all their vagabond needs.

The image of himself sitting in a chair, old by age, smoking a pipe and aiding them, like somewhat of a hermit - that appealed to him. But even more importantly than that: He seeks to find teachings to bring the vagabonds together.

Legend, Dratshitse, Setsuna, Dreamghost, Ruye, Ruxue, Xiao Long and Chun were in Hefei, about to leave the Land and head to India.

Vagabond Soul came walking towards Legend.

Legend noticed him from far away, and greeted him as he was closer.

Soul looked at the number of people around Legend, all ready to leave, then said: "So, it's true what they say."

Legend smiled slightly: "What do they say?"

Soul: "They say you will all go together to India, looking for enlightenment, knowledge and wisdom."

Legend smiled: "I guess that's true."

Soul noticed the katana behind Legend's hips, and asked wondering: "Is that a katana??"

Legend smiled: "Yes, Ruye gave it to me. I like it a lot, trained with it already a few times as well, but don't know whether I'll really use it in a fight."

Soul was fascinated: "Woah, that's cool! Let me see it!"

Legend took out the sword from the sheath behind and handed it to Soul. Soul inspected it a little, then spoke in amazement: "Woah, that's a real one!"

Ruye smiled: "Yes, it is."

Soul gave it back and said "You're lucky, mate!"

Legend put it back into the sheath behind him, then said humbly, smiling slightly "Yes, I am.."

Soul: "Speaking of weapons.. I've got here something for you.."

Soul grabbed something from the back, then held a bow towards him: "Your father gave me this for you."

Legend looked slightly in wonderment at the bow, which looked just like his father's bow. He asked: "Is that my father's bow?"

Soul: "Actually, he made it for you."

Legend took it slowly, and looked at it in deep gratitude. Then, as he was holding it, he closed his eyes.

Legend appeared in front of The Vagabond in The Cave of The Conqueror. The Vagabond was somewhat surprised. Legend then walked to him and hugged him - and his father hugged him. After a while they let go of each other. They stood in front of each other, smiling out of the heart at each other, both with warm eyes - then Legend disappeared.

Legend opened his eyes again. He looked at Soul smiling and said "Thanks a lot, my friend."

Legend then puts his new bow on his back. After a while he says: "It was nice seeing you before departure. But we will leave now."

Soul answers: "I would like to join you all too."

Legend was surprised: "Really?"

Soul: "Yes. I want to help you in your journey. I might not be interested in enlightenment, but I hope to find some useful teachings, to share with the vagabonds and for the benefit of the vagabond guild."

Legend smiled, then said: "That's as good of a reason as any other. You're welcome to come along."

9 warriors now - Legend, Dratshitse, Setsuna, Dreamghost, Ruye, Ruxue, Xiao Long, Chun and Soul - were about to head to India, in a quest for knowledge, wisdom, and self-discovery.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Chapter 113: Goodbyes

Legend and Soul the Vagabonds, Dratshitse the Wu-Tang, Setsuna the Sacred Flower, Dreamghost the Beggar, Ruye and Ruxue the Heavenly Demons, Xiao Long the Shaolin, and Chun the Thief were already traveling and about to leave the Land. They were walking through Tibet heading to India.

Legend was having a conversation with Ruye. During this conversation, Ruye mentioned: "You know... After making my decision to go with you to India, the future I've forseen changed, seeing a new future ahead."

This was indeed an interesting thing to know - As if Ruye opened up new possible future paths for himself due to his choice.

Walking through Tibet, at one point Legend noticed some familiar faces in a distance, three people, like waiting for them. Ruye noticed and recognized them too.

Getting closer, Soul asked Legend: "Hey, aren't they The Vagabond and Iron Fist?"

Legend smiled: "Yes."

Many of the others were surprised, wondering to themselves "Iron Fist..?!"

Legend wondered to himself: "Is this dad? He seems to be really here, not a projection like what I did earlier."

Soul asked: "Who's the third one?"

Legend: "He looks like a member of the Union of Noble Families."

A few steps in front of them, they stopped. They smiled - so did Legend.

Iron Fist, The Vagabond and the member of the Union of Noble Families came closer.

Iron Fist smiled slightly: "So you've set out to India."

Legend smiled slightly as well, and said: "Yes."

Iron Fist, smiling: "I'm here to give you my farewell." He put his hand out towards Legend. Legend grabbed it and gave him his hand too. Iron Fist: "My best wishes be with you. May you all find what you're seeking."

Legend holds his hand, smiles and says "Thank you, master."

The member of the Union of Noble Families approached Legend. They too gave each other their hand, and the man said: "We wish you the best on your yourney, and hope you will return with lots of great teachings for the Land."

Then, his father, The Vagabond, approached him. He said: "You got my present, as I see."

Legend smiled: "Yes. Thank you very much, dad. I first thought it's your own bow, but you still got yours, as I can see."

The Vagabond smiled: "Yes, I made you the same one. I thought you'd like it."

Legend: "I definitely do. Thanks a lot."

The Vagabond: "You've learned one skill from each clan. Now I'm going to teach you one last skill before saying goodbye." Legend started to listen attentively. The Vagabond continued: "You may remember it - It's the advanced vagabond lightfoot technique you've once had: The Peng You Lightfoot."

Legend was amazed by the fact that even The Vagabond taught him a skill, his beloved Peng You Lightfoot he once had.

After learning the skill, they hugged each other again. Then, said goodbye.

Before they left the Land, even the Iron Fist and the Union of Noble Families clans gave their best wishes - Nothing from the Black Dragon clan, though Legend prefered it that way.

They resumed their journey and started to walk again, heading to India.

Legend & Soul, the clanless Vagabonds.
Dratshitse, from the Wu-Tang clan.
Setsuna, from the Sacred Flower clan.
Dreamghost, from the League of Beggars clan.
Ruye & Ruxue, from the Heavenly Demon clan.
Xiao Long, from the Shaolin clan.
Chun, from the Brotherhood of Thieves clan.

They all were on the same journey of self-discovery, in search of knowledge and wisdom.

What adventures awaited for them was unclear, but they all were in this together, as one. And hopefully, they would return one day, enriched with wisdom and knowledge, for the benefit of all.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:22 pm

Chapter 114: Comeback

The word was big in the whole Land, about how Legend was about to return with his 8 disciples from India after about 7 years, said to have attained enlightenment and having great teachings to teach.

For weeks the people talked about it, until one day they returned and appeared in Hefei.

They looked older, somewhat rawer and wiser, some carrying new and visible scars - Legend had one on the left side of his lower lips.

The people greeted them all by supplicating with their hands. They all greeted back the same way. "Is it true? Have you found enlightenment?" people asked. "Please teach us!" some people said. Legend looked at his disciples - rather brothers and sisters - then slightly nodded without saying a word.

They sat somewhere in Hefei, where they would not be disturbed by the daily business of Hefei's people. Legend's friends sat next to him, and people who wanted to hear their teachings sat in front of them.

Legend began to speak and did so by pointing out to one of the most important factors: "Not everyone is the same, so not everyone has the same teachings to teach."

Shortly after, he kept speaking: "There was once the famous Indian master Bodhidharma, sometimes also called Daruma, who was famous to have brought Zen/Chen Buddhism to China and is regarded as the first patriarch of this tradition in China." He then looked at Xiao Long.

Xiao Long continued to speak: "He was one of the Great Teachers. The martial arts as we know them today were shaped by the influence of Daruma. It is said he reached enlightenment in his secluded shaolin temple, where he wrote the two great sutras known as Ekikin and Senzui.

Senzui refers to 'washing away the dust of the mind' to uncover its true light. Ekikin, which is composed of characters for eki ('change') and kin ('muscle'), means to 'discipline and toughen the body'. By strengthening the body through the method described in the Ekikin sutra, one can acquire the prowess of the Deva Kings. Polishing the mind through the Senzui sutra develops the strength of will to pursue a spiritual path. It is said that these two sutras together give one the power to move mountains and the Ki ('Chi') to envelope the universe.

Kung Fu and Zen have been intertwined since the days of Bodhidharma. One without the other could lead to physically weak priests or spiritually weak martial artists. Sadly, one does not have to look very far to find examples of 'spiritually weak' martial artists today.

What is Kung Fu without Zen or a guiding spiritual principle? Some would say that it becomes sport. I cannot agree with this. Real Kung Fu and martial arts are part of a 'way' or 'path' as opposed to mere sports or a collection of techniques.

Many martial arts instructors stress the importance of mind, body and spirit, but offer little or no guidance about the spiritual aspect. A martial artist must cultivate a quiet and calm spirit which looms like a mighty mountain. The emphasis is on 'non-thinking' as opposed to complicated moral principles or rules. It should be recalled that Bodhidharma practiced 'outside the (Buddhist) scriptures' and without 'dependence upon words and letters' to cultivate such a spirit."

Legend continued: "One of my Sifu - who has since passed away - described his religion as Tai Ji because that was what he did. Religion, to him, was what a person actually did with his life - how he lived rather than a particular church to which he belonged. I was always deeply impressed by these words.

This Sifu also recounted an incident which occurred when one of his seniors visited from Japan. The senior adressed some of my Sifu's students and told them that a particular practice they performed in the mountains was for nothing. At least some of the students were apparently offended by the remark. My Sifu told me that 'Of course their training was for nothing!' The students had in fact been complimented for seeking the nothingness, the emptiness or the void which my Sifu often described as being like the eye of a hurricane - but he added that even that was something."

Xiao Long continued: "Daruma teaches us two main things. The first is determination - to rise no matter how many times we fall, to try hard and never give up, to always be willing to start anew. We also learn that Bodhidharma originated both Zen (Chan) and Kung Fu in China. Although most of us will never sit before a wall for 9 years or sever our hand to become a disciple, we can nevertheless learn by his example that Kung Fu and spiritual training should be practiced as one."

Xiao Long then looked at Legend, and after a short moment of silence, Legend began to tell a story: "Bodhidharma has an exceptional story of transmitting the teachings without words.

He was born a powerful South Indian prince and was exceptionally intelligent and was the favorite son of the king of Southern India. Bodhidharma was not the only son - he had two older brothers and they were incredibly jealous and afraid that Bodhidharma would eventually inherit the throne. Therefore, the two older brothers plotted to disparage Bodhidharma when they were in the presence of their father and they secretly hoped that their father would turn on their brother. However, that didn't happen and so they resorted to assassinating him instead, but that failed as well.

Meanwhile, Bodhidharma was beginning to feel disenchanted with court politics. He left the palace and sought to be the student of the famous Buddhist master Prajnatara, and was duly ordained as a Buddhist monk. Bodhidharma trained under this master for many years. One day, he asked his master on what he should do. His master told him to go to China, and when his master did pass away, Bodhidharma prepared to leave for China.

While Bodhidharma was studying under this great master, one of his older brothers ascended the throne and became the king and was succeeded by his son after him. The new king was partial to his uncle and knew of the past, and wanted to make amends for the misdeeds of his father. He entreated Bodhidharma to live near the capital so he could protect and care for his uncle. However, Bodhidharma was determined to fulfill his Guru's instructions. Unable to dissuade Bodhidharma to remain, the King ordered for many carrier pigeons be released in the direction of China with little messages requesting the Chinese people to be hospitable and care for Bodhidharma when they do encounter him. This made Bodhidharma incredibly famous even before he arrived in China.

In 527 AD, 32 years after Ba Tuo's (an Indian Theravaden master) built Shaolin temple, Bodhidharma arrived at the Guangdong province of China. In China, he became known as Da Mo. Da Mo arrived in China propagating Mahayana Buddhism. Upon his arrival, a large crowd of people who had heard of this famous Buddhist master greeted him. Instead of teaching, Da Mo sat down and began meditating in front of the large crowd. He meditated for many hours on end and when he arose from meditation, Da Mo just walked away, saying nothing at all. Some were so amused that they laughed, some cried with tears of admiration, some were simply outrage while a few nodded their heads in contemplation and understanding. Bodhidharma simply left everybody with a deep impression regardless of the emotions they felt.

This incident made Da Mo even more famous than ever and news spread so fast that Emperor Wu heard of him. Emperor Wu of Liang ruled over a southern kingdom of China and he extended an imperial invitation to Da Mo to come to his palace. When Da Mo arrived, Emperor Wu immediately engaged in a long conversation with Da Mo about Buddhism. The emperor was a Buddhist and he had erected many Buddha statues and built many Buddhist temples. He had also given a lot of his wealth to Buddhist temples. Emperor Wu related all this to Da Mo and asked Da Mo how much merit he had accrued. Da Mo replied that he had not accrued any merit whatsoever. This response surprised and enraged Emperor Wu and he demanded to know who he was to have the audacity to such things. He simply answered 'I don’t know.'

Da Mo's replies were a reflection of Emperor Wu's motivation in building the Buddha statues and temples. Since he wanted recognition and praise, his motivation was definitely not Dharmic and therefore, the emperor accrued no merit for his great sponsorship. The very fact that the emperor was enraged by Bodhidharma's simple answer revealed his true intentions. Eventually, the emperor ordered Da Mo to leave the palace and never return. So, Da Mo simply smiled, turned and left.

Da Mo continued his journeys all over China and this time, he head north and he eventually arrived at the ancient city of Nanjing. In the city of Nanjing, there was a famous park called the Pavilion of the Rain of Flowers where people gathered to relax and listen to public speeches. When Da Mo arrived, there was a large crowd surrounding a Buddhist monk, who was giving teachings. This Buddhist monk was known as Shen Guang. Shen Guang was once a famous general who had killed a lot of soldiers in battle. One day, he realized that every person he had ever killed had grieving family members and that one-day, tables would turn and someone is bound to kill him. This realization made him regret his actions and he decided to be ordained as a monk.

As Da Mo got closer, he began to listen to Shen Guang’s teachings. Sometimes Da Mo would nod his head in agreement to Shen Guang’s point. Sometimes Da Mo would shake his head in disagreement to some other points in his teachings. Shen Guang began to notice this and was very angry at the audacity of this strange foreign monk who dared to disagree with him. In a fit of anger, Shen Guang took the prayer beads that he normally wore around his neck and shook them in Da Mo's direction. The beads struck Da Mo's mouth and dislodged two of his front teeth and Da Mo immediately began to bleed. Shen Guang expected an angry confrontation, but instead, Da Mo smiled, turned and walked away without saying a word.

This reaction astounded Shen Guang and faith arose in his mind. So, he decided to follow Da Mo. Da Mo continued to travel up north until he reached the Yangtze River. By the river, there was an old woman with a large bundle of reeds next to her. Da Mo walked up to the old woman and asked if she would give him a reed. She agreed and gave him the reed. Da Mo took the reed, placed it on the surface of the Yangtze River and stepped onto the reed. He was miraculously carried across the Yangtze River.

When he saw this, Shen Guang ran over to the old woman and grabbed a handful of reeds without asking. He hastily threw the reeds onto the Yangtze River and he stepped onto them. However, Shen Guang sank into the water and began drowning. The old woman saw his plight and took pity on Shen Guang so she pulled him out of the river. As Shen Guang lay on the ground shivering and coughing out water, the old woman berated him. She told him off for taking the reeds without asking and by doing that, she explained that he had not respected her and by disrespecting her, Shen Guang had in reality disrespected himself. Then, the old woman told Shen Guang that if he was really seeking a real master, he should pursue Da Mo and she pointed in the direction he had crossed the river. As she said this, the reeds suddenly arose to the surface of the water and Shen Guang found himself on the reeds being carried across the Yangtze River. When he arrived on the other shore, he continued his pursuit of Da Mo. People believed that the old woman was an emanation of a Bodhisattva to help Shen Guang in his pursuit of his Guru.

Da Mo eventually came near the Shaolin Temple and the monks had heard of his reputation and gathered to receive him. When Da Mo arrived, the Shaolin monks greeted him and invited him to stay at the temple. However, Da Mo declined the offer and went to a nearby cave behind the Shaolin Temple to meditate. While in the cave, Da Mo sat facing a wall and meditated for nine years. All through the nine years, Shen Guang stayed faithfully outside Da Mo's cave and stood guard, ensuring that no harm would come to Da Mo. Periodically, Shen Guang would request Da Mo to teach him but Da Mo never responded. The Shaolin monks would also periodically request Da Mo to come down to the Temple so they could serve him but Da Mo never responded as well. After some time, Da Mo's concentration became so intense that an image of him was miraculously bored onto the walls of the cave.

Towards the end of the nine years, the Shaolin monks realized that they must do more for Da Mo and so they built a special room for him in the monastery. They called this room Da Mo Ting. When this room was completed at the end of the nine years, the Shaolin monks once again entreated Da Mo to come to the temple and stay in this room. Without saying a word, he stood up and walked to the room, sat down, and resumed meditating. Needless to say, Shen Guang followed Da Mo to the Shaolin temple and stood guard outside Da Mo’s room. Da Mo meditated in his room for another four years. Shen Guang would still request Da Mo to teach him but Da Mo never responded.

At the end of the four-year period, Shen Guang had followed Da Mo for thirteen years but Da Mo had never uttered a single word to Shen Guang. It was winter of the fourth year and Shen Guang was standing in the snow outside the window to Da Mo’s room. He was cold and a built up of years of frustration made him very angry. In a fit of rage, he picked up a large block of snow and threw it at Da Mo's room and it crashed through the window. The commotion awoke Da Mo from his meditation and he looked at Shen Guang. In sheer anger and frustration, Shen Guang demanded to know when Da Mo would start to teach him. After years of silence, Da Mo finally spoke up and said that he would teach Shen Guang when red snow fell from the sky. Upon hearing this, frustration stirred deep inside of Shen Guang's heart and so, he took his sword and cut off his left arm. He held the severed arm above his head and he swung it around. The blood from the arm froze in the cold air and fell like red snow. Seeing this, Da Mo finally agreed to teach Shen Guang.

Da Mo took a spade and went with Shen Guang to the Drum Mountain in front of Shaolin Temple. The Drum Mountain has a large flat plateau at its summit. Da Mo’s gestured Shen Guang to flatten his heart, just like the surface of Drum Mountain. On Drum Mountain, Da Mo dug a well but the water of this well was bitter. After that, Da Mo then left Shen Guang on Drum Mountain. For the rest of the year, Shen Guang consumed the bitter water of the well to take care of all of his needs – cooking, cleaning, bathing and so forth. At the end of the first year, Shen Guang went down the hill to seek Da Mo and asked for more teachings again.

Da Mo returned with Shen Guang to Drum Mountain and dug a second well. The water of this well was spicy. For an entire year, Shen Guang used the spicy water for all of his needs. At the end of the second year, Shen Guang went back down to Da Mo and asked again to be taught. Da Mo dug a third well on Drum Mountain. The water this time was sour. For the third year, Shen Guang used the sour water for all of his needs. At the end of the third year, Shen Guang returned to Da Mo and again asked to be taught.

Da Mo returned to the Drum Mountain and dug the final well. The water of this well tasted sweet. Upon tasting the water, Shen Guang realized that the four wells represented the vicissitude of life. Just like the wells, his life would taste bitter, sour, spicy or sweet. Each of these phases in his life was essentially about his attachment to the pleasant and aversion to the unpleasant and all these was necessary to develop one taste or equanimity in his meditations. Without words, Da Mo had taught Shen Guang the most important of lessons in a kind of sacred transmission. This transmission is called 'action language' and is the foundation of Zen/Chan Buddhism, which Da Mo began at Shaolin Temple.

After his realization, Shen Guang was renamed Hui Ke and he became abbot of Shaolin temple after Da Mo. In honor of the sacrifice that Hui Ke made, disciples and monks of the Shaolin Temple would greet each by supplicating with only their right hand."

After finishing to tell this story, a moment of silence arised. After a while, Legend then simply stood up and walked away, without saying a word. Most of the listeners were perplexed, some understood. Xiao Long stood up after Legend and walked away too, back to his clan. Ruye and Dreamghost left as well, Ruxue following Ruye. Some stayed, to teach their own teachings.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:55 am

Foreword: The Journey Within

After returning to China from India with all his fellow clan disciples who accompanied him, Legend was sitting one day on the grass near a beautiful river. He was in a meditative-like state, and felt his body strongly from within, barely having any attention left on the outside.

After Legend's journey to India and his seeking for true enlightenment, he came to understand so much more about himself... But: Should he go deeper?

To feel this nice feeling emanating from within almost pulled him deeper... Slowly, not forcefully at all, everything depending on free will - to the point where Legend could actually realize that he could go completely within, into a completely new, or different reality, with nothing left of this outside world.

And so, after a moment of consideration in complete silence and feeling, he let go of the rest of the outside, and was slowly and gently, but noticably pulled inwards, like a stream of water down a drain...

His spirit grew immensely, but the human in him was not. It was like a trip to the human part - but a beautiful one, nonetheless. There was a lot of beautiful and warm light, endless love and compassion, and beautiful bliss.

Though after a point, it was getting too intense, and the human part would have liked to wake up again and be back in the reality he knew and was in before, but he realized he was already too deep, and that it could not be stopped anymore - as said, it was like a stream of water going down a drain... Consciousness at work. He had crossed the point of no-return. Whatever was happening to him, he had to go through with it.

He knew, he could make it to a nightmare, and make everything, including his mental state and state of consciousness worse by not accepting it; it could have severe concequences. So he chose to go the way he originally intended: Letting his inner self take him deeper within, wherever he had to go. And so he surrendered to that.

That's what pulled him even further within. He could feel like the spirit he was was growing in a wonderful, blissful state, and how the human part just had to be human. He could feel that the human he was still had something to do, a path to go - and that this human part probably always will have to go through an external experience...

He was pulled into his state of human being, and found himself sailing his ship, The Vagrant (from the time when he left China and went to Japan), through an immense and heavy storm - though the storm rather seemed like a swirl, a vortex, all around his Brig, sailing straight into the hole in the middle - or at least trying to.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 6 L5ZWVb4

He noticed there was no crew on board - he had to sail her all alone through this immense challenge, which he didnt know where it would lead him. He just held the steering wheel tight in his hands, and was thankful that at least his ship was with him.

He was getting closer to the middle point of the vortex, and despite being a dark hole, it also was getting brighter at the same time. The further he progressed, the more light there was in his eyes, and the less he could really see. And there was also this immense sound in his ears, getting louder and louder, and at the same time an immense silence, getting more and more intense... Up to the point where his mind faded away, so to speak, almost as if he lost consciousness and fell into sleep...
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:09 am

Chapter 115: None

Legend woke up in Tianjin, in the headquarters of the League of Beggars, in his old bed before he set out to become a vagabond warrior.

»What..?« he thought to himself. He was confused. What was he doing here?

He stood up and went washing his face. He first didn't notice it, but after washing his face, he soon realized through his reflection in the water: He was the young Xin who lived among the League of Beggars with no parents, before he ever went out to become a warrior. He had no beard, and his hands were younger too.

He started to remember: He had lost both of his parents due to the war of the nine dragons, and never went out of the headquarters of the League to become a warrior.

How was this possible? He clearly remembered that, indeed, he never set out, and never became a Vagabond; But he clearly remembered living a life where he did.

In a bit of a shock, he sat down on his bed, turned inwards and thought about it...
All his friends, all of his skills, and all his adventures... Gone.

After a while he gathered himself, then went out of the house.

Indeed, it has been 10 years since the war of the nine dragons.
Did he travel back in time? Were all memories he had of the life he lived only a dream? What happened?

He went to Bamboo Master and greeted him: »Good morning, Master.«

Bamboo Master: »Good morning, Xin! How are you doing?«

Legend: »I'm fine, thanks. How about yourself?«

Bamboo Master: »I'm good, thanks. It's a beautiful day, isn't it?«

Legend looked up to the sky, enjoyed the view of its beauty, and said »Indeed.«

Shortly after, Legend asked Bamboo Master: »Say, when did I come back?«

Bamboo Master was slightly confused: »Back?«

Legend: »I mean... When was the last time I set out?«

Bamboo Master: »Set out? You never set out, Xin. You've been living here with us for over 10 years.«

Legend looked slightly down and said »Right...«

Bamboo Master: »Xin, are you alright?«

After a short silence, Legend asked: »Master, have you ever had a dream which was so real, you didn't know what was real and what wasn't anymore?«

Bamboo Master laughed slightly: »With my age and the amount I've drank in my life, I know that kind of feeling better than I dare to admit...«

Legend laughed slightly too.

After a short break, Bamboo Master asked: »But you are alright, aren't you?«

Legend: »Yes, Master. But I was thinking... Maybe it's time for me to set out and become a warrior.«

Bamboo Master: »That's marvelous! So you're going to join a clan?«

Legend: »Actually, I was thinking about remaining a Vagabond.«

Bamboo Master was slightly surprised: »Oh. Like your father?«

Legend: »Yes, Master.«

Bamboo Master: »I see. But you do know he was a disciple of a clan from a faraway land once, before he became a Vagabond?«

Legend: »Yes, Master. But I feel like that's the right path for me.«

Bamboo Master: »I see. Well... I admit, I was hoping you'd join our clan one day... But if that is your wish...«

Legend: »Thank you, Master.«

Bamboo Master: »So... When will you set out?«

Legend: »I think I'll go today, Master. I'll just go gather my things, then I'll set out.«

Bamboo Master: »I see... Yes, you go do that... I'll just go get some things... I'll be with you in a moment.«

Legend: »Alright, Master. Thank you.«

Legend went back to his room, and started packing his things. He made his bed and cleaned his room as well.

After a while, Bamboo Master knocked on the door.
»Please, come in.« Legend said, and so Bamboo Master did. He had some things in his hands. He looked around, at the almost empty room, with a slight sadness in his face.

Shortly after, Bamboo Master said: »I got something for you...« He handed out a piece of paper and said »It's some sort of letter... From your mother...«

Legend took it gently and asked »From Hu Shanshan?«

Bamboo Master: »Yes. I don't know what it says, but she wanted you to have this when you were old enough... Since you're about to set out, I thought I should give it to you now.«

Legend looked at it. It was the letter, written in strange runes, he remembered to have received in... his "other" life. He remembered what it said, and somehow could already read it:

-----------------------------------
Xin

The things are not always as they seem to be.

Do not stand in your own way, and do not search too far - The answer is often closer than one thinks.

Stand for yourself and your opinions, no matter who is against you.

Realize the truth, and you will realize the divinity within yourself.

You will find peace when you bring peace to others.

With Love
Hu Shanshan

-----------------------------------

With a smile, he said »Thank you, Master.«

Bamboo Master: »Do you have a bag to put your things in it?«

Legend: »Only a little one, but that'll do for now.«

Bamboo Master: »Don't be ridiculous. Here, take this.« Bamboo Master gave him a large backpack.

Legend smiled: »Thank you, Master. This helps a lot.«

Bamboo Master: »I... I also have something else for you...«

Legend: »Master?«

Bamboo Master: »Those are special, enchanted clothes... They will protect you on your journey.«

Legend: »Enchanted?«

Bamboo Master: »Yes... Quite rare, actually... From a collector named Wan Daye... They raise your health, vital energy and defense, among other things.«

Legend took his new clothes, and, slightly smiling, said »Wow... Thanks a lot, Master.«

Bamboo Master smiled slightly and said with an eye's blink: »Best not to brag about it... People don't usually like it when clans support individuals who are not their disciples...«

Legend smiled and said: »Thank you, Master. I won't.«

Bamboo Master looked a bit around, then, after a short while, said »Your room will look empty without you...«

Both remained silent for a while. After a short silence, Legend said: »Thank you, Master. For taking care of me all those years.«

Bamboo Master smiled: »We will always be here for you, whenever you need us, Xin. And we will always help you, whenever and however we can. We are family. And you will always be welcome here. Never forget that.«

Legend smiled: »Thanks a lot, Master. I will visit frequently.«

Again, a short while of silence emerged, then Bamboo Master said: »You should head to Bamboo Village. I hear there are people helping vagabonds, as well as dispatched clan members looking for new disciples. Basic Kung Fu is been taught there too. I think you should start there.«

Legend: »Thank you, Master. I will.«

They both left the room and house together, went to the gates of the League's headquarters, then said good bye to each other.

Bamboo Master kept looking after Legend, as he was walking away. Bamboo Master realized that there was something off with him, but at the same time, he also seemed so grown up.
He hoped Legend would do well, and wished him the best. Once Legend was nowhere to be seen anymore, Bamboo Master turned around and went back into the headquarters.

Legend headed to Bamboo Village. Once he arrived, he saw quite a few vagabonds there, helping people who needed or wanted help, interested in joining the clans. The nine clans only recently re-opened their gates to new disciples, and had indeed dispatched disciples of theirs, looking for new people to join their ranks.

Basic Kung Fu was taught there. He recognized the dispatched Beggar disciple, and they greeted each other. They talked a while, and the Beggar answered Legend's questions and gave him information about the current situation.

Legend learned all the skills he could learn as a vagabond, but was not interested in joining any clan. He helped out where he could; Then, once there was nothing more to do, he left Bamboo Village and moved on.

As he was traveling, and realized yet again how he was just starting all over again, he reflected upon it...

Even though he had been through so much... Even though he had learned so much... He had nothing left, and was only beginning his journey, yet again...

What was happening?

Was he The Enlightened One?

Was he the great warrior he used to be?

The truth was...
He was none.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:40 pm

Chapter 116: Losing Self

...and the Dark Legend approached the Dark Soul...
and with a deep voice, he said to him:
»MY NIGG~«

»AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!«
Legend woke up in a shock, and breathed heavily as he looked around.
»Oh my fucking God..!«

He sighed deeply and calmed down.

»This whole "alternative timelines" shit is getting way over my head...« Legend thought to himself. »I need to reflect over this whole thing...«

Legend stood up, grabbed his stuff and continued with his journey.

Quite some time later, Legend was walking and passed by a beautiful river. Since he hadn't eaten since a few hours and the weather was marvelous, he decided to stay there, catch some fish and eat by the river, and to make a day out of it. And so he did.

As Legend was fishing patiently and the time passed by, Legend thought about this whole situation he was in.
His life starting anew. Friends gone. The guild gone. Skills gone. Pretty much everything was gone.
How was he supposed to deal with this?

He had caught some fish, and was working on getting a fire started.

A while later, he had the fish spitted on some sticks, stuck on the ground, close to the fire, slowly cooking it.
As the fish was roasting, he was still thinking.
With devotion in his heart, he couldn't do anything but surrender to what was.

As he accepted his situation, he began to wonder what he was supposed to do.
He knew he would become a Vagabond warrior again.

Then he began to wonder how he was supposed to go about it.
As he reflected and turned inwards, he knew the answer.

There's a need for people who are willing to do the right thing. People willing to fight off the evil forces that will stop at nothing to control and abuse more and more, rather than joining them, and keep those evil forces at bay. The evil forces that are consumed by greed and worse, with an insatiable hunger which can never be satisfied.

Legend used to dislike having to fight all the time, especially when he was younger.
So why would he want to become a warrior and fight yet again?

Because he knew there were evil forces that needed to be stopped.
Because he knew only few have the courage to do the right thing.

In his "other" life, he used to be be weary of fighting because of all the inner conflict within. But once he began to grow out of those mind-made "problems" and to find inner balance, those inner issues started to dissolve, and he could grow naturally, inside and outside, and strengthen mind, soul, and as a warrior.
Plus, he really loved being a neutral vagabond, and to socialize with other vagabonds.

Maybe the world didn't need him; but maybe it did.

As he was eating, he realized further:

Maybe he was given a completely new chance. What would have become of him, if he would have gone his path with enough self-awareness and inner balance from the very beginning? A lot of drama would never have happened, that's for sure.

The "I", the ego, always stood in his way. Only when he began to understand and to let it go, only then did his inner and outher wellbeing start to balance itself out.

So he took this situation as a new chance. And he wanted to see where it would lead him if he would deal with life differently.

In order to go this path right, he had to let go of his self.
There is no self.

This is the only way to become the real - warrior and beyond.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Chapter 117: Gathering Chi

Legend was still traveling on his own. He kept training his Kung Fu, and kept practicing letting go of his ego self.
Interestingly enough: The more he let go of the self, the more he felt his chi gathering.

As he was traveling through the land, he was thinking:

»So, I want to rid the evil forces from the land...« he thought to imself. »But how shall I go about that?«

Legend remembered: »There were those "damned souls", like Shen Mo, who could be defeated, but not killed... Such beings could also be found in dungeons... If they re-appear, there must be a reason for that... Something holding them here, not allowing them to move on... Either that, or the right way to truly kill them hasn't been found yet... At least as far as I know...«

Legend: »How was it again with gods..? I remember... something like... "only a god can kill another god"...«

Legend: »I don't even know if that's true... Plus, these "damned souls" are most probably not gods...«

Then Legend suddenly realized: »Except for Shen Mo. He's "the evil god", if memory serves... But is it the real godhood, or is it just like a title..?«

Legend: »What if they're not really responsible for any evil forces at play, but are more like puppets themselves?«

As he kept thinking about it, he realized more and more:
His new task could not be done so easily, and he'd most probably have to simply just start somewhere, and hopefully it would lead him to something.

Legend to himself: »Money and greed will definitely play a role here as well... I remember the Clan of Golden Coins... There must be something to find out there... But I'm not ready for them... Not even for Shen Mo yet...«

Legend: »Hm... I guess I'll just have to keep up with my training for now...«

Legend breathed deeply in and out...

The gathering of his chi was slowly taking its toll... At the beginning it was bearable, but it went on and kept increasing, up to the point where he had to take a break, sit somewhere all alone, meditate and turn inwards.

And so he did - and his chi kept gathering.

Until he was so full of chi, he naturally had to do something which could be called "Chi Breathing".
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:27 pm

Chapter 118: Opening Chi

Legend came to himself again and slowly opened his eyes. Quite some time has passed.
This really was necessary - He felt a lot better. But also, a lot more... centered. Present. Awakened. Energized, even.

His best guess was that too much chi has gathered within him, and he had to sort of "breath" it through, and resolve old energies, als let flow what had to flow - though that was only a theory.

Suddenly, he realized that he remembered everything again, all his techniques and abilities.
It was like his chi was opening, and allowing his abilities to flow through and be remembered.
Could it really be? Or was he just "tripping"?

He held out his hand with the palm upwards and tried to gather some chi...
And indeed, the distinctive orange-yellow-ish color of his "Dragon Fist" technique began to manifest around his palm soon after.

He closed his palm again, the chi around it dissolved, and he looked forward, realizing what that meant.
Not only did he just get all his abilities back - He can now actually keep progressing and working on them.

He breathed slowly and deeply in, then breathed out again.
He then stood slowly up, grabbed his few things and started to walk on.

Suddenly, he noticed a man, standing pretty close, just a few feet away. Just standing there, and clearly watching and looking at Legend.
And he also recognized who it was: It was Ruye.

Legend, however, did not know whether or not he remembered him, or whether Ruye has become one with The Dark Messiah yet...

They looked at each other for a short while, silently.

After a moment of silence, Legend said »Uh... Hey.«

And Ruye replied: »Hey, Legend.«

"Legend"?! No one called him that yet. Ironically, Legend also suddenly remembered how his nickname came to be, and that it was first said by Ruye. But the fact that he knew him was far more amazing:

»Wait - You remember me?!« Legend asked somewhat agitated.

Ruye looked shortly slighly to the side and back at him, then said affirmingly »Yeah.«

Very relived, Legend said »Oh, thank God!« and rashly went to him with open arms, and hugged him.

Somewhat confused, Ruye said »Hey, man! It's good to finally see you in this life too!«, as he hugged his brother of heart back.

Legend let go of him again and explained: »Man, I'm so glad to finally meet someone who remembers me! This has been a somewhat weird trip so far...«

Ruye looked somewhat confused at him, but just kept listening as Legend kept talking: »Remember that life where we all went to India in search of buddhist scrolls and enlightenment? After we've came back to China and split up? So there I was, meditating, and then it kind of pulled me inwards, and suddenly I wake up again in this new life, just about to start my whole journey from scratch again...«

Ruye, somewhat confused: »Wait, what? That's how you got here??«

Legend: »Yeah! How did you end up here?«

Ruye: »Well... To me, it's just another life. I died, was reborn... And sometimes it happens that you'll have to re-do the same life all over again. And here I am.«

Legend: »........what?«

Ruye shrugged and said: »Yeah.«

Legend sighed - partially out of confusion, and partially out of relief.

Ruye: »I've never heard of such a thing, though. That's like... Zen-Master stuff. Are you a Zen-Master?«

Legend, slightly somewhat ironically: »At heart, maybe...«

Ruye: »Maybe you're carrying something very special with you from your previous life.«

Legend: »No, I just woke up in this timeline, without anything from my previous life.«

Suddenly, Ruye felt like it hit him... "At heart"... Ruye: »Hm...«

Legend: »Well, in any case, I'm glad you remember me... Since when do you remember?«

Ruye: »Since a while. I've been waiting for others to remember too, especially friends.«

Legend: »Wait - Are you one with The Dark Messiah yet? Or did that just not happen here yet?«

Ruye: »I am, yes... Interestingly enough, our union seems to progress even beyond time and space...«

Legend suddenly realized how strong Ruye was in that regard - To be able to witness these strange happenings, happening to you, while being all on your own, yet not getting lost in nervousness or fear, like Legend apparently had the tendency to.

Legend, slightly amazed: »Amazing.«

Ruye: »So... What are you doing lately? What are you up to? What are you going for?«

Legend: »You know, I wasn't really going for much, just re-starting my whole journey, I guess... But then...«

Ruye, slightly smiling: »...your abilities came back.«

Legend: »Yes. How do you know?«

Ruye: »It's not the first time for me... Also, I've noticed your Chi Breathing. That's why I came.«

Legend: »Ahh, I see!«

Ruye: »So, what are you going to do now?«

»I think...« Legend thought shortly about it, but considering that he got all his abilities and skills back, he knew what he should do, then said »...I might go look for my father in The Cave of The Conqueror.«

Ruye smiled: »Sure, you do that. Give him my regards when you see him. You know I'll be around. Come see me sometimes, yes?«

Legend: »Definitely! Brother, I'm really, REALLY glad we've met, and that you remember me, and all... It's like a big weight has been lifted from my shoulders... Thank you!«

Ruye smiled, then said »Thank YOU.«

They gave each other some man-hugs again, then they both took leave.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:12 am

Chapter 119: Revolving Chakra

Legend was running through the Land.
After some time, he got slower. A little while after, he stopped running.

He was introversive.
He felt his energy within, flowing, and it was slowly but surely getting stronger.

As he had to stop just now, he went to a quiet place sideways, and sat down in meditation.
And he just let it happen...

What happened next can be called "Kundalini Awakening".

At first, it released the flow of energy up the spine and through the energy centres of the body. The way in which it moves through each person's body is unique and dependent on their personal history, and physical and psychological wellbeing.

The purpose of this process is to free up the movement of chi (prana/energy) through the body and subtle channels to support the awakening of consciousness. It eventually produces change in both the organic structure and function of the nervous system, the brain and the body.

As the Kundalini energy encounters knots of energy or blocks in the body, the subtle channels and energy centres such as chakras, it will dissolve the resistance to create easeful, energetic flow.

The side effects experienced in this unblocking process can be mild and barely noticeable, or they can be uncomfortable and extremely challenging. In some people, it can trigger a spiritual crisis or "dark night of the soul".

The whole process of opening to Kundalini energy may only take a few months, or it could continue for several years.

Some people may have very few side effects as Kundalini prepares and opens their bodies to hold higher and more refined states and stages of consciousness. Generally, though, it is almost always accompanied by unusual or abnormal body and mind experiences, and psychosomatic symptoms.

Such effects can include heat, feverish-like burning sensations, intense insomnia, restlessness, and the feeling of electric currents flowing up and through the body. On a psychological level, Kundalini can generate much anxiety and sometimes a predominance of fear, and bring up long forgotten issues, challenges, or even traumas to be re-processed.

While Kundalini produces difficult psycho-physical states, it simultaneously allows you to experience access to new states of consciousness, such as deep awareness, bliss, peace, and acute intuition.

The body is being transformed, both physically and energetically, into a conductor of higher states of consciousness. These states gradually consolidate, during the awakening process, into more ongoing experiences of expanded consciousness where you may have a semi-permanent, or, for some rare people, permanent uninterrupted access to experiences of vast awareness, peace, openness, or what the Buddha called "empty mind".

It is not, in fact, emptiness, as the everyday mind would name it, but limitless space, a limitless field of open, clear, intelligent, and alive awareness.

This is often called the ground of being, though most mystical traditions have their own names for this experience of pure awareness. Rumi called it his Beloved in his beautiful, sacred poetry. Lao Tsu elusively named it "being immersed in the Tao". Christian mystics describe it as an ecstatic state, and other indigenous traditions describe it as being in a state of wholeness.

Along with such experiences, ongoing states of joy, ecstasy, and experiences of intoxication and exaltation (without ingesting any intoxicants) are indicators of active Kundalini taking root in your body. You can feel "drunk" on such states, or profoundly moved to be both quiet and still, resting for long periods of time without speaking, or without any significant activity at all.

When experiencing ecstatic states, it is supportive to remember they are states, and will come and go. One should not seek to extend them, or grasp hold of them, for this is not possible. If you find yourself caught up in such grasping, just relax, and let your awareness notice and accept the very natural impulse to attempt to cling to positive states.

Once Kundalini has been activated, it cannot be stopped or turned off.

Gopi Krishna suggested that, often, once "the aspirant" had experienced the difficulties of Kundalini, they would fervently wish to return to the state before it was ever activated.

At best, the Kundalini flow can be slowed down to reduce the intensity of its symptoms, and make the experience more mild and tolerable. Sometimes this can be difficult to achieve, but it is the approach that is recommended greatly.

It is important to never force Kundalini to go faster, as this can create extreme instability in the body-mind system, and intense suffering, especially mental suffering. It is not recommended by any wise teachers.

Other side effects include kriyas, where the body makes spontaneous jerking or shaking movements as energy releases suddenly and the nerves are stimulated by currents of electric-like energy passing along them.

It is quite normal to experience periods of intense sensitivity, as if all your energetic protection has failed you and you are excruciatingly aware of your environment and the moods and emotions of those around you. It can happen that you are unable to travel easily into the heart of the city, being overwhelmed by everything in an acutely hypersensitive way of other people, the noise, busyness, pollution, and radiation.

Eventually, because this process can be so intense, one may have to move out of the city altogether, to live in the countryside. This move, however, gives one a critical breathing space from the suffering of over-stimulation, as Kundalini can do to some individuals.

Cultivating some trust in the process is also important.

One familiar experience is that of ongoing insomnia. This may leave you feeling like you will be unable to perform the tasks of everyday life due to fatigue, and can generate a lot of anxiety.

Yet, overwhelmingly, most people who experience insomnia during Kundalini awakening find that, despite the lack of sleep, their body and life somehow flow in such a way that everything manages to get done anyway. And this is a great relief.

For people experiencing an intense Kundalini process, it can seem very difficult to maintain one's normal everyday life, to go to work, self-care and care for others.

It is important to be as calm as possible, as you go through the process, in full knowing that Kundalini may be contributing to feelings of fearfulness and anxiety. The support of a psychotherapist or counsellor can be helpful during this process, especially if it is bringing up lots of emotional material from the past. This was useful for Legend.

It is common to wish that the Kundalini process was over, to make it stop, to get to the end, and to feel like you may not be able to cope with continuing to move through the process.

It can be useful to cultivate a detached capacity to witness the suffering and challenges, to be the perciever behind the mind, in order to generate some inner space for calm. This is not to be said lightly though, knowing one may have to continually remind oneself to be detached and accepting, and go with the process.

At such times it can be helpful to remember that Kundalini is a natural, organic, and intelligent process.

This is a personal process, appropriate to where you are in your unfolding and the symptoms you are experiencing in mind and body.

It is recommended to really stay in touch with your body and intuition about what you may need, and to trust yourself. If uncertain, one should seek advice or help from others who have an awareness of heightened sensitivity.

One should be aware that during the Kundalini process you can become hyper-sensitive to foods, supplements, environments, and even holistic treatments. Listen, within, to just how much you may require.

Due to one's vulnerable state, one may experience more benefit and stability from smaller doses of any treatment, or reduced exposure to activities you once loved. There can be a tendency to experience these things more intensely, so you may find normal doses overwhelming.

One can also slow the process down by taking a break from, or reducing the amount of, stimulating Yoga or meditation activities. For example, some meditation practices which had once been useful and supportive, can become high octane fuel for Kundalini and need to be omitted for long periods of time. Instead, one should learn to listen to the rhythms and flows of one's body.

This increasing self-awareness is, in itself, a useful and important part of building the foundation of self-care needed to successfully honour a more sensitive, awakening system in the midst of modern life.

It can be helpful to undertake grounding exercises and eat heavier, energetically and physically grounding foods, such as baked vegetables, root vegetables, meats, eggs, and vegetable based proteins like legumes and nuts.

One may eventually leave being a devoted vegan and return to a mixed diet, both for health reasons and simply to be more grounded. For some, this is the right choice, even though it may be difficult to follow at first. It may be the best way to stay grounded and reduce one's over-sensitivity significantly. Again, one should respect that this is a very personal decision.

It is human nature, when midstream in a long journey such as Kundalini may be, to seek to hurry it along and get to the end product. Sometimes, we may not be aware that we are pushing the process. Often, it can be slowed down simply through recognising this impulse, letting go and trusting, and being vigilant about not grasping for the finale.

Some people may have the blessing of a living awakened teacher to guide them through the awakening journey.

Such a teacher is able to give expert advice based on their own Kundalini journey and an understanding of their student's progress. This can be of great benefit if such a teacher appears or is already within your life.

Legend slowly opened his eyes.

It is done.

After a while, he stood up again, and began to walk.
Rather than running to his destination, he now chose to walk all the way.

A few hours later, he came across a Heavenly Demon clan disciple who spoke to him first, and ended up having a nice conversation. Asking Legend if he was a vagabond and how it was to be one, the clan disciple revealed with a laugh that, technically, he was currently clanless too.

Apparently, his clan did not consent to some non-violent actions against their opposing clans, and temporarily removed him from their clan.

The interesting part, however, was that this clan disciple was band leader of a Heavenly Demon hero band. So, being clanless himself, he was, technically, able to invite Legend into their hero band. With a smile, Legend agreed, and joined their hero band.

It was the very first time that Legend has joined an officially registered hero band.

There was a chance that this might become interesting...
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:20 pm

Chapter 120: Raising Light

Legend was sitting meditative on the grassland, with a slight smile, observing the flow of the wind through the gras and the leaves of the trees.

His heart was open, his heart chakra was flowing.

That "Kundalini Awakening" really did clean up quite some inner blockades. It was as if the light within was now finally able to flow and shine through.

Indeed, he was Raising Light.

At one point, he heard Ruye's voice in his head: »Mate, you there?«

Legend was slightly confused: »Uh... Uhm... Yeah.«

Ruye: »..... You're ready for this, right? It's not like I'm blowing your mind with this or anything..... Right?«

Legend: »Uh... No... No. It's fine.«

Ruye: »Ok, cool.«

It was shortly quiet, then Legend thought to himself: »His nerve...«

Shortly after, Ruye replied: »..... I heard that.«

All of a sudden, Legend had to laugh out loud, and had a good laugh.

Then he said in his mind to Ruye: »Sorry, man... What can I help you with?«

Ruye: »So I've been hearing you've recently joined an official hero band of the Heavenly Demon.«

Legend: »Already? That was just, like, yesterday...« Then he became introversive and thought to himself »Right..?«

Ruye: »..... Uhh... Have you being meditating extensively lately..?«

Legend: »I... Yes...«

Ruye: »Yes, it was yesterday.«

Legend: »Ah. Good.«

Ruye: »Well, in any case... I'm happy to let you know that this specific hero band was created by no other than yours truly.«

Legend: »You're the band master??«

Ruye: »Yup. And you've just been promoted to band leader.«

Legend laughed out loud again: »HAHAHA..!«

Ruye: »And you know what else?«

Legend: »What?«

Ruye: »Meet me in Hefei ASAP, and I'll make you band master.«

Legend: »Wait, what?«

Ruye: »Yeah, you'll take it over, rename it, and then you'll have your own, officially recognized vagabond hero band.«

Legend: »But.. Won't the Heavenly Demon clan be pissed about that?«

Ruye: »Yeah, well... They shouldn't have removed a disciple of theirs from their clan, then.«

Legend: »Won't he get into trouble?«

Ruye: »Nah, I don't think so... He doesn't really give a shit whether they allow him back in or not. Furthermore, I'm the band master. It will be my decision.«

Legend: »Won't you get into trouble?«

Ruye: »Well, they may try... But I don't really give a shit, either. What are they gonna do?«

Legend: »Can't they withdraw the official status of the hero band?«

Ruye: »Nope. Once you take over, it's not a hero band of Heavenly Demon anymore. But it's still an officially registered hero band. That's why I'd like to see you ASAP.«

Legend: »Dude. I'm on my way!«

Ruye: »Great! See you there!«

Legend stood up and began to run towards Hefei.

As he was passing through Jinan, he suddenly noticed somebody laying defeated on the ground.
It was Soul, and Shen Mo was standing in front of him, victorious, and seemingly about to finish him off.

As Shen Mo was about to attack and finish Soul off, Legend interfered and kicked him back.
He walked towards Shen Mo, then kept hitting and attacking him over and over, and after a few blows, Shen Mo was defeated.

After Legend killed Shen Mo, Soul began to speak, and as he did so, Legend looked back at him: »Noo... I... I... still had so much to get from him...«

Legend turned around and walked towards Soul. He went down to him and gave him some water to drink, then said with a slight smile: »Don't worry, mate. He will return.« And with a slightly more serious look on his eyes, he then said »Just make sure to be ready next time.«

Soul clenched his fist around the bamboo flask after drinking, then passed out.

Legend was in a hurry. He thought about whether he should leave him laying there, or bring him to the nearest village clinic first.
Eventually, he trusted the man can take care of himself, and continued running towards Hefei.

As Legend kept running, he reflected...

Slightly smiling he thought: »How easy it was to defeat Shen Mo. I'm already stronger than I thought.«

Letting go of his smile, he thought: »Hm. Doesn't feel like Shen Mo's spirit has gone for good. He will most probably come back to life soon again. So, if he truly is a "god", oddly enough, he cannot be killed by another god.«

»Wait, what did I just say?« he thought to himself. »I'm no god. And even if there's some kind of godhood within me, I wouldn't know...«

Yet, a part of him immediately continued reflecting upon it, and thought: »Hm, maybe godhood needs to be active in order to kill another god? But then again, he didn't feel like a real god either. Maybe his "Evil God" title is one of those ego things.«

As the perciever behind the mind, Legend noticed what was going on in his mind, and wondered: »Is that my intuition..?«

After Legend arrived in Hefei and met with Ruye, he was promptly made band master.

He now had his very own, officially registered hero band.
And soon, it would become a real vagabond hero band.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:55 pm

Chapter 121: Five Dragons

Legend was in the Vagabond District in Hefei, sitting at the table and drinking some green tea, minding his own business.

Suddenly, he heard a voice next to him: »Hey.«

Legend looked aside and saw Soul, then replied kinda surprised: »Hey, man. How's it going?«

Soul held out his hand holding a bamboo flask and said: »Thought I would return your flask.«

Legend first looked at it, then as he took it he said: »Oh, thank you, mate. I left in such a hurry, I forgot all about it and left it with you. Sorry about leaving you there... I was in a hurry... But I figured you'd be capable of taking care of yourself... You're doing better, I see.«

Soul: »Yeah, I am. Although the Evil God did give me one hell of a beating. I used to be able to stand up to him when...« There was a sudden pause, then he continued: »...I mean... before. I used to be able to stand up to him but I guess my kung fu skills just got a bit shabby...«

Legend, not understanding any word of it: »I see.«

Soul: »So anyway... I heard you were recruiting vagabonds.«

Legend: »Oh, have you? Why, are you a vagabond too?«

Soul: »I am, I have been my whole life.«

Legend: »Awesome! It's always nice to meet a fellow vagabond!« Legend held out his hand towards the other side of the table and said: »Please, sit down!« Soul sat down, then Legend asked: »Would you like to join, then?«

Soul: »Yes, I would love to.«

Legend: »Nice! I'd sure like you to join aga- uh.. to join our vagabond guild! We're not many yet, but I think we'll get big enough eventually.«

Soul: »That sounds good to me!«

Legend: »Great! Welcome, then! You're now part of our yet little vagabond guild! They call me Legend, by the way.« He held out hand.

Soul shaked his hand and said: »They call me Soul, the Stubborn Vagabond. Although... I can't remember why...«

Legend, rather commenting: »I though it was Vagabond Hermit..?«

Soul replied: »I think so too but... can't remember. There's a blind spot in my head where the answer should be...«

Legend: »Hmm... Have you tried meditation?«

Soul: »I have. But it's given me only more questions than answers.«

Legend: »Maybe if you stop looking for answers, the answers will come to you.« He made a short pause, then continued: »Try to find an energy spot, where you feel well, and feel the energy of life and nature, like in the woods, or at a waterfall, or a lake... And try to rest your mind. The answers will then usually come to you.« He made a short pause again, then said: »Maybe that will help.«

Soul: »I think I know where to go. Listen, I will look for you later. Now I have somewhere to be.«

Legend: »Alright, sure! I have some things to take care of, too! It was nice to meet you again, Soul. Take care! And see you soon!«

Soul: »Sure, see you soon. Namaste!«

Legend was happy about the current turn of events.

But something within him didn't feel right...

It was time to go anyway, so he drank the rest of his tea, then went on his journey.

He was on his way to Death Valley, where two corrupted but powerful beings were waiting to be defeated and freed.

Meng Mian, The Dream-Faced Buddha, was in the Southern Death Valley, which was located in Zhengzhou, and Shuan Mian, The Double-Faced Beggar, was in the Northern Death Valley, which was located in Shi Zhang.

He headed to Zhengzhou first.

After arriving in Zhengzhou, he headed to the Southern Death Valley, and entered the dungeon.

As he already knew all about it, he had no trouble whatsoever proceeding, and soon faced Meng Mian, The Dream-Faced Buddha.

To his own surprise, he defeated Meng Mian pretty quickly.

Before dying, The Dream-Faced Buddha said: »You... I've been waiting for you... You will remove the evil forces in power and bring back the Land's balance...«

Legend, looking at Meng Mian, and sort of also looking within him, realized that there was a story behind, and that Meng Mian probably never wanted to become what he became. Then he said »I hope so.«, and soon after, The Dream-Faced Buddha drew his last breath.

Legend didn't find anything of importance on Meng Mian, and neither in the three rooms leading to the exit. He did, however, find some elixirs. »These will come in handy.« he thought to himself, then left the dungeon again.

He felt a lot of intense and bothersome energies dissolving, and Meng Mian's spirit leave...
Was he really gone for good?

Legend's bothersome feeling within ever since Hefei were getting worse, and also seemingly started to affect his mind.
Still, he wanted to finish what he wanted to do first. Then, he would bother about that.

And so he headed to Shi Zhang.

After arriving in Shi Zhang, he headed to the Northern Death Valley, and entered the dungeon.

Again, he had no trouble proceeding, and soon faced Shuan Mian, The Double-Faced Beggar.
He, too, was defeated quickly.

Legend didn't find anything relevant on Shuan Mian either, but found himself some more elixirs.

After leaving the dungeon, again, he felt a lot of intense and bothersome energies dissolve, and Shuan Mian's spirit leave...
As he was percieving this, he thought to himself »Let's hope they really are gone for good...«

The bothersome feeling within Legend kept getting worse, but he kept going.
And thus, he headed to the Valley of Hell.

His next targets were Mei Shan-Hei The Iron Claw in the Eastern Valley of Hell located in Jinan, and Shao Yu-Lang The White-Haired Witch in the Western Valley of Hell in Datong.

He headed to Jinan first.

After entering the Eastern Valley of Hell, he quickly proceeded to Mei Shan-Hei, The Iron Claw, and defeated him fairly quick too. Again, he didn't find anything of importance on him either, but did find some more elixirs, which would definitely help him become even stronger.

After he exited the dungeon, he again felt the dissolving of dark and old energies, and the spirit of Mei Shan-Hei finding peace and leaving.
Legend smiled. »It really seems like it's working. I wonder what's different this time, though...«

Legend's bothersome feeling within was really getting bothersome, and having a real bad effect on his mind at this point.
But he headed to Datong anyway.

After entering the Western Valley of Hell and proceeding quickly, he soon faced Shao Yu-Lang, The White-Haired Witch. She, too, was defeated fairly quick. She, too, didn't have anything of importance on her either. But again, he found some more elixirs for him to consume.

After he left the dungeon, he felt dark energies dissolving again, and Shao Yu-Lang's spirit being freed as well.
He was kind of happy for them.

He managed to get done what he wanted to do, and it all seemed like they were gone for good.
It wasn't a bad start.

He began to walk and headed back. But soon, he realized, he had to find some quiet place for himself, as the bothersome feeling within, and especially on his mind, was taking its toll.

He sat down somewhere next to a tree. Now, he finally had time to pay attention to whatever was happening within him.

He sat there for a while, and observed these feelings. At times, they seemed to be intelligent, like individualities.
The more he observed, the more he saw... something else.

At one point he began to hear deep voices talking. He couldn't quite make out everything that was said, but it sounded like they were angry. Once he heard something like »He's not worthy!«, he started to actually see something.

They were beings, alright... And they seemed like dragons. Each of them had different colors, and they were definitely different individualities, but they were indeed quite alike.
Egos like you haven't seen before, fitting for a dragon, and it was like they were looking at him, quite judgemental, in fact.

Legend thought to himself: »They look like dragons.«

Then the Red Dragon said: »We ARE dragons!« And suddenly, being all surprised, Legend could see them clearly. He was quite surprised, alright.

There was an Azure (Blue-Green) Dragon, a Red Dragon, a White Dragon, and a Black Dragon.

Legend: »Dragons? Why am I seeing dragons? And why are they so upset?«

The Black Dragon shouted: »You are unworthy! UNWORTHY!«

Legend: »Unworthy..? Of what?«

They were just angry, and didn't really reply to his question.

Azure Dragon: »You do not pay attention!«

The White Dragon then said: »You're unworthy of talking to us!«

Red Dragon: »You're responsible for what happened to us!«

Black Dragon: »You deserve nothing but pain!«

Legend felt like "Woah, what's happening here?" He realized how much they wanted to make him suffer, and how little they could be reasoned with. If they'd have their way, he'd be pretty fucked. Not a position anyone would like to be in.

After a while, he then said: »So, all of you dragons hate me..?«

The four dragons suddenly had a facial expression like that wasn't quite the case, and looked slightly below him.
As he noticed this, he looked down, and was surprised to see yet another dragon: A Yellow Dragon.

As he looked at the Yellow Dragon, he could see that this one, too, was hurt by Legend for some reason, but there was also understanding. So much, even, that it did not want to go against him.

Suddenly, Legend realized that the Yellow Dragon was around the heart... Around His heart. Not holding tight, not as a parasite, but this was actually his place. Then he looked at where the others were coming from, and saw that they were coming out of the mind.
He understood why the Yellow Dragon, despite feeling hurt, had so much understanding and didn't want to wage war against Him, and why the others were so cut off and ego-driven.

As Legend looked at the other four dragons, he then asked: »What happened?«

The Red Dragon answered: »YOU happened!«

Legend tried to reason: »I don't understand... Can you explain it to me?« But this only seemed to anger them even more, and he realized even more that they could not be reasoned with.

White Dragon: »We should make him suffer!«

Azure Dragon: »We can't!«

Red Dragon: »We should try anyway!«

Then, the Yellow Dragon said in his deep, yet gentle voice: »They don't understand. They can't.«

Legend looked at the Yellow Dragon, then asked: »What did I do that brought suffering upon you?«

And the Yellow Dragon explained: »It's not something you did, but something that happened to you. Something beyond the life you're currently living.«

The Black Dragon shouted: »UNWORTHY!!«

Legend let the Black Dragon shout at him without moving much, then asked the Yellow Dragon: »Why do YOU understand?«

And with some kind of humility, the Yellow Dragon replied: »Because I'm in the position.«

Legend realized that this had something to do with the heart.
Then, he realized that the Yellow Dragon... is the dragon of heart.

He looked at the other dragons... And he realized...

»Azure Dragon... East... Water & Wood...«

»Red Dragon... South... Fire...«

»White Dragon... West... Air...«

»Black Dragon... North... Earth & Metal...«

Then he looked back at the Yellow Dragon, and concluded...

»Yellow Dragon... Center... Ether...«

Realizing, understanding, and "truly seeing" them seemed to ease them all, even though Legend might not have realized this right away.

As he looked at the Yellow Dragon, he began to wonder... Then he looked at the other dragons, and wondered what he could do to ease their pain, and bring them back to a healthy state of mind...

He felt like "Ego... It always comes down to ego..."
He almost gave up... But then he looked back at the Yellow Dragon.

Looking at the Yellow Dragon, Legend then realized that ego cannot and MUST NOT be cut off completely, for a healthy ego is needed in life, or intelligent life cannot grow. And that problems, unhealthy minds, and unhealthiness only manyfest due to too much ego, like by being an abuser, or by being abused.

He looked again at the other dragons, and remained in stillness as he kept looking at them and seeing them for what they truly were.

He eventually came to understand each dragon, even the Black Dragon, which seemed to be the worst of them all.
And as he did so, they eventually dissolved back into himself where they came from, back into the level of a healthy mind and ego.
As this happened, they said »Don't ever let this happen again!« and »We will be watching you!«

Their words were more cryptic than helpful, and he wasn't even sure if he really was responsible for what happened to them, but he was glad that they found their way back to where they belong, and was thankful for the heart - or the realm of heart - and for the Yellow Dragon.

This whole experience put them all at ease, and Legend was just glad about that.

He slowly opened his eyes again, and the bothersome feeling within and in his mind was gone.

Without even knowing, Legend mastered the Five Dragons within him - manifestations of ego.

He then stood up, and continued walking, heading back towards Hefei.

At one point, he heard a female voice: »Hey, wait!«

Legend looked back and saw a Sacred Flower running to him. When Setsuna arrived, she stopped in front of him and asked: »Are you Legend, the Vagabond?«

This was EXACTLY how he met Setsuna for the very first time, before finding out that it was nothing but a scheme of her clan.

He immediately held his hand out towards her face, looked away, and said »NO, I am NOT interested!«, then started to walk away.

Then she said: »Dude.«

Wondering, he stopped and looked back at her.

Setsuna: »I remember.« She pointed with her thumb behind her and said: »Dratsitse is here, too.«

Dratsitse kinda came out from behind Setsuna, smiling, and with open and waving hand said: »Hey!«

Legend smiled, slightly embarrassed, and said »Oh. Sorry about that, then.« as he held up his hand, greeting, as well.
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next