The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

4 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 7 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Chapter 122: Sun and Moon

Dratsitse hugged Legend: »It's so good to see you again! And I'm glad that you remember!«

Legend smiled: »Thank you! Likewise!« Then Legend asked: »So, how have you been doing?«

Both Setsuna and Dratsitse were smiling too.

Setsuna: »Pretty good, I think. Although it was troubling for me when I started to remember... I think it went smoother for Dratsitse.«

Dratsitse, smiling: »Yeah, definitely.«

Setsuna: »How about you? How have you been doing?«

Legend: »Pretty good, I think... Somewhat weird and challenging at times, but I manage.«

Setsuna smiled: »Good to hear.«

Legend: »I see you joined the Sacred Flower clan,« Then he looked at Dratsitse and said: »and you the Wu-Tang clan again.«

Dratsitse, smiling: »Yes, I did. Still feels like the right clan for me.«

Setsuna, smiling: »And I feel good with the Sacred Flower clan. I think the Sacred Flower clan has the potential to become better, and more enlightened.«

Legend smiled: »Good to hear!«

After a while, Ruye came walking towards them. When he arrived he said smiling: »Hey guys, how you doing?«

Setsuna smiled: »Ah, the old Soul who always remembers first. Good to see you again.«

Legend looked at Ruye and asked: »You do?«

Ruye: »Yeah, I've been in this for a long time... So long even that it sometimes makes me feel like I'm going crazy...«

Legend: »Aw, shit... Sorry about that...«

Ruye smiled: »No worries, I'll manage. Plus, getting to meet people again who remember too is always helpful.«

Legend: »Indeed!«

Smiling, Setsuna then said: »Hey, it was really good to see you again! But we're actually on our way. We just happened to see you.«

Legend: »I see! Well, thank you for talking to me! It was very good to see you again!«

Dratsitse: »We'll see each other soon again, yeah?«

Legend: »I'd sure like that! Stay safe, you two!«

Setsuna: »Likewise! See you soon!«

Dratsitse: »Bye!«

Ruye smiled: »Bye, guys!«

After Setsuna and Dratsitse left again, Legend said to Ruye: »So, how are you doing, brother?«

Ruye looked at Legend and said: »Good, I guess. Although the Heavenly Demon clan is giving me shit lately.«

Legend: »Because of the hero band thing?«

Ruye: »Yeah, they demand that I take back the leadership of the hero band.«

Legend smiled: »Told you... So shall I make you band master again?«

Ruye: »No. I actually wanted to tell you that I'm leaving the band completely. I've also already told the other Heavenly Demon disciples to leave.«

Legend: »Ah! I noticed a few people leaving it - the clan disciples to be more precise. So that's why.«

Ruye smiled: »Yes. And I hereby leave it as well.«

Legend: »Are you sure?«

Ruye: »Definitely. We will create another hero band for ourselves.«

Legend: »Ok, then. I appreciate it, though.«

Ruye smiled: »Sure thing, brother.«

There was a short silence, then Ruye talked again: »Listen, brother... There's something else I wanted to talk to you about...«

Legend: »Sure! What is it?«

Ruye got slightly emotional, and had trouble speaking it out: »I... There's something I feel like I need to tell you... Something... personal... related to... feelings... Or more precisely... how I feel about you...«

Legend: »Good feelings?«

Ruye: »Yeah! I don't call you brother because I like the way it sounds...«

Legend smiled.

Ruye: »But... there's also something within me that fights against it... Against telling you, and against those feelings towards you...«

Legend: »I see.«

Ruye: »It's like... a really bad... and sometimes raging feeling...«

Legend looked within Ruye, and realized that it was the remaining part of The Dark Messiah. It seemed like Ruye and The Dark Messiah couldn't completely merge yet, most probably due to The Dark Messiah having a problem with Legend.

Then Legend said: »Hm. The Dark Messiah, perhaps?«

Ruye: »Could be... But I don't quite know how to deal with it... Paying attention and observing it doesn't seem to resolve it...«

Legend: »Hm... Maybe it needs to speak something out...«

Ruye: »That may be the case, yes...«

Legend: »Can you let it speak out and let it say what it has to say?«

Ruye: »You sure..?«

Legend nodded: »Yes.«

Ruye slightly nodded as well, and sighed out... Then his eyes became different... Darker, and angrier... However, he did nothing but look down in front of him.

Legend didn't say anything, and just let him do what he wanted to do, and let happen whatever would happen.

After a while, his dark eyes looked piercingly at Legend. Legend, however, remained calm, and without judgement, as he looked back into his eyes.

Then, The Dark Messiah talked, one last time, through Ruye to Legend...

The Dark Messiah: »You're full of shit, you know that?«

Legend kept looking at him without judgement, and didn't say anything.

The Dark Messiah: »Nothing to say?«

Legend: »I'm not sure what to say to that... Maybe you could elaborate.«

The Dark Messiah: »I hate you!«

It was shortly silent, then Legend said: »I see.« A short while of silence emerged again, shortly after, Legend then asked: »Because you were made to leave my body..?«

The Dark Messiah: »What?? No!«

Legend: »Then what is it?«

The Dark Messiah remained shortly silent, then he said: »I just fucking hate you! I hate your guts, and your very being! You just make me feel so angry, with everything you do, even when you do nothing! You just make me feel like hating you for no reason!«

Legend: »So... There's no real reason for that, and is probably just part of you nature..?«

The Dark Messiah: »SHUT UP!«

It was shortly silent again, then, after a while, The Dark Messiah said: »But yeah... That's probably it.«

A short moment of silence emerged again, then after a while, Legend said: »I appreciate your honesty.«

The Dark Messiah: »Pff..!« The Dark Messiah slightly shook his head and then said: »But that's not the problem... The problem is... I hate you. And yet... I... I fucking... I fucking love you...«

Legend became surprised at what The Dark Messiah just said, and let him continue without saying anything.

The Dark Messiah continued: »You fucking inspire me... To a point I didn't even think possible... You inspire me to go beyond myself, over and over... But the real problem is... I don't know how to deal with that.«

Legend looked within The Dark Messiah, and realized his karmic destiny... He didn't say anything and looked slightly away.

But then The Dark Messiah asked: »What did you just see?«

Legend, realizing that The Dark Messiah was most probably aware of what just happened and couldn't be fooled, said after a short while: »Your karmic destiny.«

The Dark Messiah: »And what's that?«

Legend breathed in, and then out again... Then he said: »Because you're no sentient being, your destiny is to eventually dissolve into nothingness... And there's nothing that you or anyone can do to change that.«

The Dark Messiah: »So in other words, it doesn't matter what I think and feel.«

Legend: »The best you can become in your position is part of a sentient being - not in a forceful or parasitic way, but in a real and true way, like co-existence.«

The Dark Messiah slightly smiled with a real smile, then said: »Like part of Ruye.«

Legend looked slightly down and reflected, as he then said: »Your situation reminds me of the human skin...«

The Dark Messiah was slightly confused and listened closely.

Legend: »The human skin is not the sentient human being, but part of the sentient being. It is the biggest organ of a human, and has its own intelligence and tasks to it. And above all, it is something like the last barrier of the body. If it fails, the whole body is helpless against diseases.«

The Dark Messiah smiled slightly more, then said with a calm voice: »I like that.« Sort of in reflection, he then said: »Ruye is a good guy... I help him, and he helps me. We co-exist very harmonically... There's no one better I could have gotten...«

Legend looked into his eyes, slightly smiling, and after a short silence, The Dark Messiah said: »Better than being dissolved into nothingness, I'd rather help a great man become even greater.«

Legend smiled, thinking "His pride serves him well", and after a while he stopped smiling, and then said: »Your personality, and pretty much all of your individuality will disappear. Are you ok with this?«

The Dark Messiah, slightly devoted, looked slightly away and down as he said: »I'm aware of my destiny ever since I was created...«

Legend, in his own devotion, looked down in acceptence. Indeed, there are not many beings of darkness with that much awareness and acceptance.

Then, The Dark Messiah looked at Legend, and Legend looked at him. And slightly grinning, The Dark Messiah said: »Take good care of him.«

Legend nodded with devotion.

The Dark Messiah went away again and let Ruye come back, and a darkness, like dark smoke, began to surround Ruye. Ruye realized that something was happening, breathed in and out, and let it happen. After a while, the darkness around his body was like sucked into his body, and became part of his body. Ruye's appearence slightly changed, as did his personality.

Ruye breathed in and out in relieve after it was done. Then he looked at Legend as he smiled, then said: »I'm finally ready to tell you this...«

Legend realized that something important just happened to Ruye, but he wanted to let Ruye say first what he wanted to say.

And so, Ruye said: »Legend... I love you. You're like a true brother to me. You show me light when I see nothing but darkness. And like steering me through endless oceans, you lead me back to the shore. You are my Sun, without I cannot live. Thank you for existing.«

Legend smiled, then said »Thank you, brother.« as he put both hand palms together like saying "namaste".

Ruye smiled: »Thank you for this talk, and for listening. I must go now.«

Legend: »Can I ask you something before you go?«

Ruye: »Certainly.«

Legend: »What just happened? After The Dark Messiah disappeared.«

Ruye smiled, and looked slightly down in reflection, then said: »The Dark Messiah has completely merged with me. The Dark Messiah has died, and The Dark Prince was born.«

"The Dark Prince..?" Legend thought. He knew that this was somebody else than what some people call "The Prince of Darkness", and it felt - like a distant memory - like it was a really old entity. However, he did not ask any further.

Legend smiled: »I see. We'll see each other later, yeah?«

Ruye smiled: »Definitely. Take care!«

Then, Ruye walked away.

Kind of in awe, Legend stayed and looked after Ruye for a while as he walked away.

Indeed, one was light, the other was darkness. One was Sun, the other was Moon.

Then, after a while, he smiled, and headed towards Hefei.

After he arrived in Hefei, he went to the Vagabond District and sat at the usual table, having some nice green tea as he often does.

Some time later, a young vagabond, wearing the Secret Shadow Master's wardrobe - the same clothes as Legend used to wear in his early days - came walking, and went to Legend.

He asked: »Excuse me, are you the Vagabond they call Legend?«

Legend smiled slightly: »Yes. And you are?«

The young Vagabond replied: »They call me Vagrant. I'm a Vagabond myself.«

Hearing that name certainly took him back, and reminded Legend of his master he once had, Vagrant. And just like his old master, this young vagabond, too, seemed to use an Axe as his weapon.

Legend smiled, and after a while he said: »I like your name. Nice to meet you!«

Vagrant: »It's an honor, sir! I've heard a lot about you. And I was wondering... Do you accept new disciples?«

Legend was slightly surprised: »You want to become my disciple?«

Vagrant: »I'd love to, yes.«

Legend: »Uh, sure!« Then he smiled and said: »Why not!«

Vagrant was seemingly happy and said: »Wow! Thank you, sir!«

Then Legend said smiling: »But do me a favor and drop the title. I feel like an official or something.«

Vagrant: »Understood, Master!«

Legend: »No, don't call me Master, either..! Just call me Legend...«

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 7 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:28 pm

Chapter 123: Golden Blossoms

Legend was sitting in nature in meditation stance, as he often does.

He was not really meditating, but rather simply just present, aware of everything that was going on, within and without.

There was quite some important things happening within. Legend just observed, without judging, and without pushing or halting anything about the process.

It was not visible in the physical realm... However; Through the light raising within him, his spiritual fruits bore golden blossoms.

On one hand, he was uncertain about everything that was going on with him, but on the other hand he also was amazed to witness this amazing spiritual process.

After a while, he felt like he didn't have to pay attention within anymore, as the inner process kind of "stabilized" - if that's the right word to describe it.

And so, Legend stood up again after a long while of sitting there, and went on his way again.

He still didn't meet his father, The Vagabond, yet in this... timeline, or whatever one may want to call it. So he set off to The Cave of The Conqueror, where his father usually was to be found, to meet him again.

He traveled to Bloody Plain, and descended into The Cave of The Conqueror. Arriving at the 4th floor, he went straight to where The Vagabond usually was.

Strangely enough, The Vagabond was not there. Legend looked around, but his father was nowhere to be found.

»Hm... Ok.« Legend thought to himself.

Since his father wasn't there, Legend though he could also progress with his personal mission. And so, he went to one of the Vaults of Death, The Mansion of Silver Coins in Nanchang.

As soon as he entered the Tian-Yin Palace, the Mansion of Silver Coins, progressing was an easy enough matter, as he already knew all about it.

After a while, he arrived at the last room, and soon faced Golden Shell and Laughing Face. After a while, he defeated them both. He searched their bodies as well as the three exit rooms.

On their bodies, he found some documents about some business with the Mansion of Golden Coins. That was nothing new to him, though, since he knew they're all part of the Golden Coins clan.

In the exit rooms, however, he found some more elixirs for him to consume. He certainly welcomed those, since they'd make him stronger.

After he left the mansion, he felt again how the spirits of Golden Shell and Laughing Face were released, and dark energies dissolved. »Good, they won't come back either.« he thought.

As he exited the Mansion of Silver Coins and went his way, he met Dreamghost again. Did he remember too..?

As they both looked at each other, Legend greeted him: »Hey, man.«

Smiling, Dreamghost replied: »Hey, Legend.«

Legend was surprised: »You remember??«

Dreamghost: »Of course.«

Legend: »Ah, nice! Good to see you again, brother! How are you doing?«

Dreamghost: »Good to see you, too. I'm doing good, thanks. How about you?«

Legend: »I'm good, I'm good... It's sometimes a bit weird to me, this whole "other life" thing, but I'm doing well so far.«

Dreamghost was kinda confused, and just said »Huh...«

Then Legend asked him: »How is it to you? I just remember meditating in my "other" life, then I was sucked inwards, and woke up in this timeline...«

Dreamghost: »Really?? To me it's just another life, and I just happen to remember that other life.«

Legend: »Oh. Wow. What?« After a short while of thinking about it, he then said »I guess consciousness really IS the ultimate mystery...«

They kept talking together for a while. And as it happens, Dreamghost also told Legend about a ship called "The Vagrant" docked in Liaodong - It seemed to be the very same ship Legend got in his previous life.

He remembered how he came to know that ship...

(Flashback - After Chapter 14 and before Chapter 15)

It's the very first life of Legend's he could remember... After he left the Land and went to another for some time...
Japan...

A hearty captain who Legend had met and introduced himself as Captain Zhangchu and a merchant, offered him passage on his ship. A Chinese brig named "The Vagrant".

While he was sailing on it, Legend actually helped out with the tasks on the ship. He even fought along the crew, as they were set upon by pirates. He remembers the first time, how the captain wasn't scared, but actually prepared for the boarding. As soon as the captain realized they were being boarded, he immediately told the crew to prepare to fight, and they all drew their weapons. After a big fight and after defeating the pirates, Legend said grinning to the captain: »Not bad, old man.« The captain then actually told the crew to get all the cargo from the pirate's ship, to which Legend said »Wait... Aren't you a merchant..?«, and the captain answered grinning »On most days, I am.«

When they were on their way, sailing again, Legend asked the captain who was at the helm: »So, you're a pirate.« The captain replied: »Sometimes, I am - especially if they try to rob us. If they attack and try to board us, then it's their own fault.« Legend kinda liked his way of thinking.

Legend came to fight along the crew a few times more, and once even saved the ship from sailing into a huge rock during a huge battle, in which the captain was in the middle of fighting several attackers, and nowhere near the steering wheel. Legend saw what was coming, took the initiative, ran to the wheel, and steered her away from the huge rock, managing to barely escape it. The captain noticed what Legend was doing as soon as the huge rock was passing by. Immediately the captain shouted to him: »Steer us clear of any land, and try to lose our pursuers, boy!« There were two pursuing ships, and Legend managed to get them further behind by sailing between more of the huge rocks. Although having difficulties steering the ship, he managed. The captain shouted to him »You're doing fine under pressure, boy! But take care where you're steering us into!«, and Legend shouted back »I really wish you would have taught me this already!« After the crew and the captain managed to get the upper hand on the number of attackers on the ship, they managed to man more of the cannons, and with this, they could then fend off the pursuing ships. That was Legend's last battle on that ship.

After that, the captain actually taught Legend how to sail her properly - and heavens, did he love it! His heart felt free, and like flying over the ocean. There was no other feeling like this.

Sadly, shortly after, Legend's journey with that crew and that captain was over, as they arrived in Japan. Before they said good bye, the captain said to Legend that he was a good man to have on board - actually called him kid - and that he could always become a part of his crew, if he so wished, should they ever meet again.

(Flashback End)

Legend suddenly realized: »Wait... It never was mine...« He was shortly silent, then slightly confused he thought »But why does it feel like it's my ship..? Didn't I own this ship before..? That was even the ship I sailed on, from my previous life to this one...«

He couldn't quite understand it... However; He definitely had to check it out as soon as possible. So he put everything else aside and ran to Liaodong.

Interestingly enough, he was able to survive there without much problem. He made his way to Ma Mei Port, and after he arrived, he indeed spottet the Chinese brig, looking just like the ship he was on in his "previous life". But was this the very same ship?

He approached one of the sailors from that ship and asked: »Ahoy, sailor! May I ask who your captain is?«

The sailor replied: »That's Captain Zhangchu.«

Legend: »Really? And where might I find him?«

The sailor answered: »He's currently on a trip. He won't be here for... about two weeks.«

Legend: »Ah, thank you!«

He was standing in front of, and looking at, the ship, and shortly thought about whether or not he should wait there.
Shortly after, he chose to stay.

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:07 pm

Chapter 124: Elemental Crown

Legend was sitting in meditation stance at the Ma Mei Port in Liaodong.

He opened his eyes. He looked around, and especially at the ship.
Nothing much had changed, and it didn't seem like its captain had already come back.

So he chose to go deal with his next targets, Savage Hands and Flaming Bull, located in the Wild Tower in Hangzhou.

As he was on his way, he happened to stumble upon his disciple Vagrant. Asking where he was going, Vagrant was told he was headed for Wild Tower in Hangzhou.

Vagrant asked whether he could join; Seeing how this would be a good opportunity to see how good Vagrant was and teach him a few things, Legend agreed.

In the meantime, Ruye was commanded by the Heavenly Demon clan to help out in Tibet due to his transgression and misdeed against the clan, allowing Legend to take control of the hero band.

Widow Maker said to Ruye: »Even though you're The Dark Messiah, you overstepped your rights as clan member when you accepted the vagabond Legend into your hero band and granted him mastership over the band. Therefore, you shall go to Tibet and help us with our clan's current issues there - if you truly still are a disciple of the Heavenly Demon clan.«

Ruye, being a senior member of the clan, replied: »And what if I don't? You know I'm a mercenary for hire. I don't have time for this. You have other people who are better suited for this kind of job.«

Widow Maker: »If you don't, you will officially be declared NOT a disciple of our clan. But dealing with the issues at hand in Tibet should be an easy thing for you to do - if your skill really is as legendary as the stories tell...«

Ruye thought a moment about whether he wanted to remain a member of the Heavenly Demon clan. He felt like this clan, in fact all clans, were destined to fall sooner or later anyway. Though he had to admit, there are perks being part of a clan. He already knew he'd leave the clan sooner or later, but maybe it was not time yet. There were dark times coming, after all... He could still need them.

He eventually chose to remain a disciple of the Heavenly Demon clan, and so started helping them out in Tibet; but in a manner that would show and prove it to be evidently a very easy thing to do for him, to make them see the reason why he's so absent from the clan and its duties. People could hire him as a high-level mercenary, and demons, more so than anyone, know how valuable that is.

He could work out a matter which would take most other disciples a week to handle in about a day. And after a week of solving all their little problems worth about seven weeks, Widow Maker had nothing else to do for someone of his level.

Ruye then proudly said to Widow Maker: »If there's nothing more to do for me, except for little things way below my skill level, I'll go back to work on my paid services as a high-level mercenary.«

And as Ruye had foreseen, Widow Maker saw indeed the value of this, and said: »Indeed. You have more than proven your worth to us. Your transgression against our clan shall be forgiven. We know very well how valuable your work as a high-level mercenary is, and some of your customers have already been complaining to us about making you busy. We give you our blessing to work again as you see fit.«

And so, Ruye was freed from the clan's meaningless issues, and able to keep working again on his own things.

Legend and Vagrant both entered Wild Tower.

Legend asked: »How good are you with the axe?«

Vagrant: »Pretty good, I think - for a Vagabond.«

Legend: »Show me.«

Wild Tower was just like the Mansion of Silver Coins. As per usual, Legend proceeded fairly easy on his own, but kept watching how Vagrant was doing. He was still a bit too inexperienced to handle Wild Tower on his own, but it was a good opportunity to learn as Legend was strong enough to handle both of their well-being.

Vagrant: »I realize I'm not as strong as you, master. And I'm certainly not as skilled with the axe as a clan member.«

Legend: »We win because we are disciplined. Not because we consider ourselves superior.« Despite being in the midst of fighting, Legend ensured that there were no creatures around them anymore, then went to Vagrant, and said »The power of your weapon, any weapon, comes from here,« as he touched Vagrant's chest, then said »but only when tempered by this,« as he touched his head, »by the discipline, the self-control of the one who wields it. That is where the true strength of a warrior lies.«

Vagrant: »You think I can become a great warrior, too? Even though I'm no clan disciple?«

Legend: »Definitely. Each and every answer to each and every problem in your life can be found within you. It does not matter if you kill only once. Show me control.«

Vagrant: »Thank you, master.«

They both progressed, until they faced the leaders of Wild Tower, Savage Hands and Flaming Bull.

They were both pretty savage, but easy enough for Legend to defeat. Vagrant was able to hold his ground, too.

After they defeated Savage Hands and Flaming Bull in the Wild Tower, Vagrant said »Wow... They were pretty tough...«

Legend searched their bodies.

Vagrant: »Are you looking for something, master?«

Legend: »They may have useful information on them.«

He didn't find much, except for some writings leading to Beast Tower - as well as more elixirs.

The writings indicated that the leaders of the Beast Clan are located in Beast Tower, and made Legend believe that whatever was the cause for such beings to come to be would disappear if the leaders there would be removed.

As he looked down at the dead and defeated leaders of Wild Tower, he thought to himself »Good thing these beasts are gone now... I don't even want to know what kind of terrible things they did onto others... But how do these savages come to be? These are some real mentally sick beings, and something very dark must have happened to them to become like that... Either that, or some tremendous stupidity and arrogance led them to willingly become like this. Not sure which is worse...«

Vagrant, too, realized the kind of beings they were, as he said: »They were pretty savage beasts... How can such beings exist? And how can the gods allow such things? Maybe they didn't pray enough...«

Legend: »Foolish.«

Vagrant: »What is? Praying to the gods?«

Legend: »The gods care nothing for them. Men should not pray to monsters.«

After gathering anything useful, they both exited Wild Tower again.

Vagrant: »So, where are you headed next?«

Legend: »I'll head back to Ma Mei Port in Liaodong. I won't be doing anything but sitting and meditating, until the captain of a certain ship appears.«

Vagrant: »I see. Thank you for your lessons today, master.«

Legend: »We'll see each other soon, yeah?«

Vagrant: »Yes, master!«

Legend went back to the Ma Mei Port in Liaodong, and seeing as nothing had changed there yet, he sat down again in maditation stance.

As per usual, Legend kept on letting his spiritual process unfold, and kept progressing on his spiritual transformation.

His crown chakra intensified, emanating more and more chi, until it became imbued with elemental power and chi.

Through his progression, his spiritual fruits bore a power emanating from his crown chakra, which could be described as elemental crown.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:08 am

Chapter 125: Floral Crown

Sitting at the Ma Mei Port in Liaodong in meditation stance, Legend came to his senses when he heard someone say »Ahoy, Captain!«
He gently opened his eyes. It was indeed Captain Zhangchu.

As the captain was talking with his crew, Legend slowly stood up, then slowly walked to him. Once he was close, he said »Morning, Captain!«

The Captain turned around, looked at him, then said »Morning yourself. So you're the Vagabond who was looking for me, I presume?«

Legend: »Indeed, I am.«

Captain Zhangchu: »What can I do you for?«

Legend looked at the ship and said »You've got a nice looking vessel there, captain.«

Captain Zhangchu smiled slightly, then said »That she is. Awfully weird thing to say - someone might take you for a pirate. But since you've patiently waited for me without even setting foot on her, I'm guessing you don't want to take her from me. Are you interested in joining the crew?«

Legend smiled: »I might be. You're a merchant, right?«

Still smiling slightly, Captain Zhangchu said »On most days I am, yes.« Then he turned his head slightly and looked at Legend more carefully, then said »I'm sorry, you look somewhat familiar... Have we met?«

Legend, still smiling: »Not in this life, no.«

Captain Zhangchu, still smiling slightly: »Huh...« After a short pause, Captain Zhangchu reached his hand out and said »What's your name, son?«

Legend took his hand and shook it, and replied: »Legend. They call me Legend.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Legend...«

Legend: »And you're Captain Zhangchu, I assume?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Indeed, I am.«

They both let their hands go, then Legend asked: »What's your trading route, captain? Japan, perhabs?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Indeed. I mostly sail between China and Japan. Sometimes, though, I also sail farther.«

Legend: »So, when will you set sail next?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Pretty soon, actually. Why, are you looking for passage to Japan?«

Legend: »I'd like to, yes. I wouldn't mind joining you and your crew more often, though.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Is that right..? You've been on a ship before, boy?«

Legend: »Not yet... But I'm a fast learner.«

Captain Zhangchu: »I see. Are you one of those Kung Fu practitioners?«

Legend: »I know Kung Fu, yes.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Huh. Someone like you might come in handy. We're sometimes set upon by pirates. That won't be a problem for you, right?«

Legend: »Not at all. Though I bet you don't mind taking some prices here and there yourself...«

Captain Zhangchu smiled: »Good eye, boy. Yes, sometimes. Especially when they try to rob me.«

Legend, smiling: »I can understand that.«

Captain Zhangchu, smiling: »Good. We'll set sail tomorrow. Come, I'll show you your quarters.«

They both started walking towards the ship, then Legend asked: »So, what's her name? "The Vagrant", maybe?«

Captain Zhangchu stopped walking and turned around, and with a smile he said: »Interesting, for you to say that...«

Legend: »Why's that?«

Captain Zhangchu: »That's what I originally wanted to name her. But at the end I named her "The Wanderer".«

Legend smiled: »Huh. That is interesting...« After a short pause, Legend said: »Well, it's a strong name all the same.«

Captain Zhangchu smiled and looked shortly at Legend in slight astonishment, then turned around and kept walking, and Legend followed him.

The next day, as they were sailing, and after Legend helped out the crew here and there, he then walked to the Captain at the helm. As Legend approached, Captain Zhangchu said smiling: »You know your way around a ship!«

Legend smiled: »As I said, I'm a fast learner.« Captain Zhangchu nodded slightly. Then Legend asked: »So, how long are you gonna stay in Japan?«

Captain Zhangchu: »For about a week, I reckon. Why? Got any plans?«

Legend: »I do, actually. I want to check out a few things while I'm there.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Anything precise?«

Legend: »Rumors, mostly.«

Captain Zhangchu: »You work based on rumors?«

Legend: »Not really... Just want to know if some things are true.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Like what?«

Legend smiled slightly, and said: »I don't think you'd believe me.«

Captain Zhangchu smiling: »Try me.«

Legend looked shortly at him, then after a short pause asked: »Do you believe in undead, and spirits, and demons, and stuff like that?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Hell, I could swear I saw a ship full of undead once... But that might also have been the rum.« Legend chuckled, then Captain Zhangchu continued: »But yeah, I've heard stories about undead and the like coming from the dry lands. You want to find out if they exist?«

Legend: »I know they exist. I want to find out how to get rid of them.«

Captain Zhangchu looked slightly confused at Legend, and shortly after he asked: »How old are you, boy?«

Legend: »25.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Aren't you a little young to be hunting these things?«

Legend: »Yeah, well... As far as I can tell, most people don't really care.«

Captain Zhangchu looked forward again and said: »You've got a point there...« Then he looked at Legend again, and then said: »What about your parents?«

Legend: »Well... My mother was killed in a war when I was still pretty young... And my father... Well... I guess he's just not much of a father figure. Don't get me wrong, he's a good guy. A very good guy, actually. He always tries to do the right thing, helping people... I guess he's just not much of a father figure. He's a Vagabond, through and through. And that's fine. I've made my peace with it.«

Understanding, Captain Zhangchu nodded slightly, then said: »You know what? Go get yourself some rum. Next round's on me.«

Legend smiled: »Thanks, captain, but I'm not much of a drinker. Weak stomach. I'm more of a smoker.«

Captain Zhangchu: »You mean tobacco?«

Legend: »No. I mean marijuana.«

Captain Zhangchu chuckled: »I see. Well, no judgement from me. To each his own, right?« Then he looked at Legend's flask on his hip, and asked: »But what about that?«

Legend smiled: »Water.«

Captain Zhangchu: »You carry plain water with you?«

Legend: »Yeah. I love water. I need water every day. In fact, we all do. It's also very useful to always have drinking water with me - I mostly train every day in the wilds and the middle of nowhere.«

Captain Zhangchu chuckled, then said: »You really are a weird one.«

Legend smiled: »Yeah...« Then he said »Well, I'll get back to work.« and started to walk away.

Captain Zhangchu: »Make it two weeks.«

Legend shortly stopped, looked at the captain and asked »What?«

Captain Zhangchu, smiling: »That's how long we'll stay in Japan. Tell me more about it later, aye?«

Legend, smiling: »Aye, Captain.«

As he journeyed on this ship, he also sometimes sat meditating somewhere, especially when there wasn't much going on.
His spiritual process kept bearing fruits, and his elemental crown's progress went on and became floral - a Floral Crown.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:57 pm

Chapter 126: Crimson Snake

Legend had arrived in Japan, and was already on his way to a location he deemed important to go, after asking around.

On his way, he somehow felt his ego getting more intense for some reason. At first, he was simply aware of it, leaving it space for it to be rather than fighting it or embracing it. But although this mostly works, his "ego" kept intensifying.

At one point, it was so intense, that he had no other choice but to sit down somewhere and turn within.

As he payed attention to it, he noticed his "ego" taking like an own, individual form.
»What the...« he thought to himself.

He was quite amazed to see it take more and more the form of a giant Crimson Snake - and a heavily scaled one at that. »What IS that..??« he thought to himself.

As he saw it more clearly, the snake, too, took notice of Legend more and more... Until Legend realized that this snake - looking very similar to a bush viper - was damn dangerous, and even though this wasn't really physical, he'd be done for if this snake would manage to bite him. Astonished, he thought »Holy...«

The more the snake took notice of Legend, the more angry and more focused on him it seemed to become. And Legend realized that it would soon attack.

Legend: »Oh, shit.«

Suddenly, it attacked Legend lightning-fast, but he managed to dodge. He knew he had to remain extremely focused, or else it'd be no problem for this snake to catch him and hurt him real good. After a few attempts of the snake to attack him, they both looked at each other.

During that little moment, he felt how this snake was something like Legend's personified ego, as he felt what the snake felt, which seemed to be his ego. Knowing that all talking and asking would be for naught, Legend wondered what it exactly was and how it came to be, and how to deal with it. Would he know what it was and how it came to be, he would have a better idea how to deal with it.

Then, the Yellow Dragon within him, said to him: »If the Dragon represents the collective ego, then the Snake represents the individual ego.«

Legend looked surprised at the Yellow Dragon. At that moment, as Legend looked away, the Crimson Snake tried to attack him a few times again, but he managed to dodge again.

Legend tried to talk to it, and said calmly »Stop attacking me, please.« This seemingly agitated the snake, which became more angry, and attacked even more and faster. After one of its attack, Legend hit its chin lightning-fast and hard with his palm from below, which made its head fly up and back from the blow. The snake got up again and just looked at Legend, being angry, and Legend just looked at it, without any judgement.

As they again just looked at each other, he thought to himself: »If that really is something like my personified ego, and at the same time an individual being, maybe killing it off isn't the right thing to do... But I can't exactly make friends with it either, as it is in its very nature to be bitey... Just leaving it be might be a stupid thing to do too, especially now that it has seen me, as it might harm me from now on, during a moment I'm not paying attention...«
Legend sighed.

The Yellow Dragon spoke again: »Try explaining yourself.« Legend looked at the Yellow Dragon, and it continued to speak: »All it knows is that it is dying, and it knows it's your doing. Your attemps of letting your ego die, to be more precise.«

Legend: »But didn't The Buddha do the same?«

Yellow Dragon: »May be, but it's dying because of you, even though it never harmed you directly. That is all it knows.«

»I see.« Legend replied. Then he asked: »Could it actually kill me?«

Yellow Dragon: »Yes.«

Legend: »Does it know that it is something like my ego?«

Yellow Dragon: »Unlikely.«

Legend: »Wouldn't it die if it'd kill me?«

Yellow Dragon: »Of course. But I doubt it knows that either.«

Legend: »So the only way is to make peace with it?«

Yellow Dragon: »Either that or you kill it.«

Legend: »What should I do?«

Yellow Dragon: »That is not for me to decide.«

Legend understood, and shortly after thanked the Yellow Dragon: »Thank you.«

It was impressive how unattached the Yellow Dragon was, even though it was, kind of, part of it.

Legend looked back at the angry snake, and shortly after tried to speak to it: »I'm sorry I just hit you, but I have to defend myself. I'm also sorry if you feel like I'm a threat to you. Who are you?«

The Crimson Snake, however, did not reply, and just kept looking angrily at him. After a short silence, it tried attacking him a few times again, but he kept managing to dodge. Then he said »Please stop attacking me, or I'll be forced to defend myself and hit you again.« This seemed to agitate it even more, as it kept on attacking again. After a few attempts, Legend slapped its face sideways. The Crimson Snake then looked surprised at Legend, as it did not expect to get slapped. It wasn't as hurtful like a real punch, but definitely more humiliating, especially for a creature like snake.

It soon attacked even more, but Legend kept dodging, and after a few attempts he slapped its face again. The Crimson Snake then finally spoke, and said angry and somewhat embarrassed »Stop slapping me!«

Legend replied: »Then stop attacking me.«

The Crimson Snake didn't say anything and just looked angrily at him. Then he said »You're obviously very dangerous, and I bet very poisonous too. One good attack from you, and I'm a goner. So you'll understand my need to defend myself.«

The Crimson Snake remained silent, and after a while Legend asked »Why are you so angry with me?«

The Crimson Snake finally spoke again and said »You're killing me!«

Legend reacted kind of surprised and asked »I am? How so?«

The Crimson Snake replied »I don't know! But I'm dying! And you're the cause!«

Legend just said »Hm...«, and seemed to think about it. After a while, he said »I'm sorry about that. Maybe we can work it out. Any idea what I could do to... ease your pain or something?«

Angry, the Crimson Snake asked: »You want to keep me alive after all?«

Legend: »I think everyone deserves a chance.«

Crimson Snake: »Why would you want to give me a chance? I know you think lowly of me.«

Legend: »Let's be honest, you'd attack me the moment I'd not pay attention. It is in your very nature to be so.«

Crimson Snake: »I see no reason why I shouldn't!«

Legend: »Let me be clear: If you kill me, you'll die with me. But if I kill you, I won't die.«

The Crimson Snake was surprised, as it seemed to not know that, and shortly after said: »So there's no reason for you to give me a chance!«

Legend: »If you'll keep attacking me whenever you see a chance to kill me, then I see indeed no reason to keep you alive. But if we can co-exist, I see no reason to kill you.«

The Crimson Snake was slightly less angry and agressive, as it asked »Co-exist..?«

Legend: »Yes.«

Crimson Snake: »You mean leaving me alone, and on my own!«

Legend: »If that's what you'd want, I could do that. Or do you have a better idea?«

Crimson Snake: »And what if I can't hold back my instincts and try to eat you anyway?«

Legend: »Can you co-exist peacefully, or can you not

The Crimson Snake growled slightly, then shortly after said »I could help you, you know...«

Legend: »Help me..?«

The Crimson Snake: »I've seen how you fight, and what you do with what you're given... Amazing how you create new things, even for me... You'd have a strong ally with me on your side... But you're unworthy!«

Legend: »I see. Well, we certainly don't have to work together. We can simply just leave each other in peace.«

The Crimson Snake didn't say anything, and just seemed a bit secretive. But Legend felt what the Crimson Snake felt, then said slightly surprised: »Wait... You'd LIKE us to fight together..?«

Somewhat dismissive, the Crimson Snake growled slightly, then said »I admit, it would be a nice experience to see how we'd fight together and fare against strong opponents...«

Legend: »Well...«

Crimson Snake: »But you're still unworthy!«

Legend: »Right.«

Legend didn't exactly know what to do. He knew exactly that it could be a very good, resp. very strong thing, but it could also be a very stupid thing to do. Once he'd let it too close, should he want to get rid of it, he probably couldn't once it had its grip on him, and he'd be pretty much fucked... »Or could I..?« Seeing as the Crimson Snake was something like his ego personified, he could just let it die, should he need to... However, since such "matters of consciousness" aren't like something you can just switch on and off, he'd need to still be on his path of awakening and enlightenment to be able to let his ego die completely... or else he couldn't do it. There was also the possibility of the Crimson Snake messing with his mind, through his poison or its own mind, rendering him unable to get rid of it again. It is in the nature of snakes to be in a constant survival mode. If this would go wrong, this snake could become something like a parasite within himself...

Not knowing what to do with that possibility, he simply didn't make any choice.

Legend: »Let's leave it at that. For now, let's just try to co-exist peacefully, alright?«

Crimson Snake: »So you let me live?«

Legend: »If you let me live, I see no reason why not. I will try my best not to make you feel again like you're dying. However, I can't control my destiny. Should my ego have to die, then, sadly, so will you... and there's nothing I can do about it. And should you become a threat to me, I will have to do something about it. Do you understand this?«

Crimson Snake, slightly in dislikeness: »I do.«

Legend: »Good. Thank you. I appreciate the chance.«

With that being said, he left the Crimson Snake alone, and opened his eyes again.

The feeling of his intense ego was becalmed.
And without knowing, he had, in his own way, overcome the last manifestation of his ego.

He stood up again and kept walking to his destination.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Apr 17, 2022 8:17 am

Chapter 127: Golden Lotus

Legend had finally arrived at the Shinto shrine he was told to go to.

It was mostly empty, and after someone appeared to pray at the shrine, he asked about a Shinto priest that supposedly tended to the shrine. However, he was told that the priest was there only every few days, and that the next time he'd probably be there would be in three days.

Legend needed three and a half days to get there. By the time the Shinto priest would be there, a whole week would have passed already. Legend hoped he would make it back in time, since Captain Zhangchu would only be waiting for two weeks.

And so, he sat down somewhere at the Shinto shrine, and waited patiently, mostly meditating.

Three days later, the Shinto priest finally appeared.

Legend approached him, and asked: »Are you the Shinto priest here?«

The Shinto Priest replied: »I am. How may I help you?«

Legend explained: »I arrived in Japan about a week ago. I asked around for somebody who knows how to get rid of demons and angry spirits, and I was told you could help.«

The Shinto Priest: »I might. Do these beings threaten you personally?«

Legend: »Not exactly. It's more like... I would like to know how to fight them off, or even kill them.«

The Shinto Priest asked: »Why would you want to know that if you have no problems with such things?«

Legend: »Well, to be honest, there are some... weird things going on where I come from... Walking dead, possessed people... I would like to help to get rid of such things, and since I don't know anything about that matter, I'm trying to find someone who can teach me a few things about it.«

The Shinto Priest: »I see. There have been rumors about such things here, too. I could teach you a prayer for protection.«

Legend: »A prayer..? Do you have something more... substantial? I'd like to be able to fight effectively against such things... It seems like it's getting worse by the day, so a simple prayer may not be enough.«

The Shinto Priest: »Where do you come from?«

Legend: »China.«

The Shinto Priest: »Oh.« He looked slightly downwards and said »I see.«

After a short while of silence, the Shinto Priest asked: »Are you going to stay here long?«

Legend: »Well... I came here by ship, and it took me about three days to get here. It's going to set sail in about a week, so I have to be back by then.«

The Shinto Priest: »I see... There's not much I can give you during that short period of time. I'd need to look more intensively into that subject first. But I can make you an amulet and some talismans.«

Legend: »Alright, sounds good. I think I could also come back again in a few weeks or months.«

The Shinto Priest: »Very well. In the meantime, let me make you the amulet and talismans. Come back tomorrow, and I'll have them ready for you.«

Legend: »Thank you. May I just wait here at the shrine?«

The Shinto Priest: »Certainly.«

Legend thanked him again with a light bow, then sat down again.

The next morning, Legend was approached by the Shinto priest. When he noticed him coming, he stood up.

The Shinto Priest handed him an amulet and some paper talismans. First he gave him the amulet, made of Black Tourmaline, and said: »I prayed to the Shichihukujin* and asked them to bless this amulet. With their willing, it shall protect and guide you.«

Legend thanked him.

Then he gave him the paper talismans and said »If you ever encounter undead or possessed beings, put one of these on their head, and it should render them harmless.«

Legend: »And if it doesn't work?«

The Shinto Priest was shortly quiet, as if reflecting, then he said: »Then you should probably run away.«

The Shinto Priest: »Oh, and you may want to try using salt, as it repels evil spirits.«

Legend: »Ah, good to know.«

The Shinto Priest: »Would you be willing to give some monetary donation to the shrine?«

Legend: »Yes, certainly.« He took out 1000 gold coins and gave them to the priest.

The Shinto Priest: »Thank you for your generosity. Should you ever come back, come visit me again, and I might have more for you.«

Legend bowed slightly and said: »Thank you very much for your help and your hospitality. I will definitely try to come back. I will now sit down and meditate some more, then I'll head back.«

They both said goodbye to each other, then Legend sat down again, and the Shinto priest went back to his chores. Legend put on the amulet and put the talismans into his pockets. Then, not having to pay attention to the outside world anymore, he turned inwards and meditated.

He had yet another great spiritual experience. He experienced wonderful bliss, for a very long time.

Without even realizing it, his spiritual progress bore many fruits, and due to him mastering and overcoming the last manifestation of his ego, without him knowing, a golden lotus manifested below him as he meditated, and he had a spiritual rebirth.

After a long time of experiencing this wonderful state of bliss, he slowly opened his eyes again.

He was slightly confused at first: There were people sitting and meditating all around him - the Shinto priest among them. He looked around, wondering what was happening. At that moment, the people around him opened their eyes as well, and some said »He's awake!« He had no idea that those people witnessed a golden lotus manifesting below him.

Wondering whether they were sitting and meditating around him due to him maditating longer than the avarage person, he asked »How long did I meditate?«

The Shinto Priest then answered him »Three days.«

Totally staggered, he asked »THREE DAYS?? Damn it!« He stood up and said in a hurry »Sorry, I got to go!« He started to run away and said with waving hand »Bye bye!« The sitting people just looked baffled at each other.

Almost three days later, he arrived back at the docks. The ship was still there.

When Captain Zhangchu saw him, he said in a joking manner »There you are! We were about to leave without you!«

Legend: »Sorry..!«

Captain Zhangchu laughed, then said »I'm just kidding. We would have waited for you.«

Legend: »Thanks. I'm glad I've made it in time.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Did you find what you were looking for?«

Legend: »It wasn't quite what I was hoping for, but it's a start.«

Captain Zhangchu: »So you got nothing else to do here?«

Legend: »I'm good for now, but I'd like to come back. Will you be traveling here again soon?«

Captain Zhangchu: »I will. In a month or two.«

Legend: »Great! I'd like to come along again if possible.«

Captain Zhangchu: »Sure thing! If there's nothing more you need to do here, let's set sail!«

Legend: »Aye, Captain!«

And so, he headed back to China.

* Seven Deities of Good Luck

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri May 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Chapter 128: Humble Master

Legend had returned to China. As The Wanderer was docking at the Ma Mei Port in Liaodong, Legend noticed Ruye standing at the dock, as if he was waiting for him. His appearance changed, though. Ruye was now wearing a black robe. Truth be told, he looked good in it. It fit him.

Legend talked to Captain Zhangchu: »Captain, I'll see you soon, aye?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Aye. Keep your nose clean.«

As Legend walked down from the ship, he looked at and talked to Ruye: »Brother! Good to see you! You're looking good!«, referring to and looking at his clothes.

Ruye smiled slightly, then said »Thanks.«

Legend: »So, what are you doing here?«

Ruye: »I was waiting for you.«

Legend smiled: »I see! How have you been doing, anyway? It's been a while.«

Ruye: »Indeed. I've been tapping into my new powers - found some pretty cool stuff.«

Legend: »Nice!«

Ruye: »I've also been digging into "the powers that be", i.e. what's going on in the background... And I was wondering... You mentioned before an idea you had about creating something like a secret society... Where are you with that?«

Legend: »Nowhere. I never really did anything. It was just an idea. Why? You think we should?«

Ruye: »Definitely.«

Legend couldn't help but notice something in his eyes, like something was off, so he asked: »Have you found out something unsettling?«

Ruye: »No, why?«

Legend: »Your eyes. They're like... like you're pursuing some... lead, or something.«

Ruye sighed. Then he took him aside, away from surrounding people, and spoke quietly to him: »I know this is gonna sound ridiculous or insane... or like I'm out of my mind... but... I think we might be in trouble...«

Legend asked equally quietly: »In trouble, how?«

Ruye: »Like I said, this is gonna sound like I'm insane or something... But...«

Legend: »Out with it.«

Ruye: »There's a possibility we're being taken over... Without even noticing...«

Legend: »Taken over..?«

Ruye: »From the inside... Powerful people, the army, emperors and leaders... You name it...«

Legend: »By whom?«

Ruye: »By... Beings out of this world...«

Legend was shortly quiet, then after a while asked »You mean like real demons and the like?«

Ruye: »Their energy would suggest so, but... it seems like... they're not...«

Legend was slightly irritated: »Can you be more specific?«

Ruye: »I want to, but I don't know how to explain what I've come to know so far... I still need to figure out a few things more before I can say some things for certain... But let me just say this: We may all be in grave danger...«

Legend looked slightly downwards, and as he reflected he said: »So... There might be an outside threat, trying to take us over..?«

Ruye: »Yes.«

Legend: »But the common folk doesn't notice anything because it's all happening in the background, like, behind the curtain..?«

Ruye: »Yes.«

Legend: »So, like... a parasite?«

Thinking it was a perfect metaphor, Ruye said: »Yes! Well, metaphorically speaking.«

Legend: »Why are they doing this?«

Ruye: »I don't know yet.«

Legend: »Why don't they just attack us instead?«

Ruye: »Well, as far as I can tell, they can manipulate and control people, mainly by fear, or putting specific thoughts into one's head... They can even put someone into a state of panic... But I think in a one-on-one melee fight, they'd be the weaker ones...«

Ruye: »I'm sorry, I don't have much yet.«

Legend: »Ok. Do we stand a chance?«

Ruye looked slightly downwards and didn't say anything.

After a while, Legend said: »Ok, I can see we may be in deep trouble. How about you find out some more, and let me know when you're certain?«

Ruye: »Yes. That would be the best.«

Legend: »Is there something I can help with?«

Ruye: »No. I'll stick to the shadows. You do your thing. I know you're after some things too.«

Legend: »Ok, let's do that. Let me know as soon as you know more, or if I can help, aye?«

Ruye: »Aight.«

Legend could see that Ruye had trouble talking about it, probably being unsure whether he would be believed or not, so he decided to show support, held his shoulder, looked into his eyes and said: »Brother, I believe you.«

Ruye, somewhat unsure: »You do..?«

Legend: »If you say there's something going on, then I believe you. I know you well enough to know you ain't about bullshit.«

Ruye: »Thanks, brother. I appreciate it.«

After Ruye had gone his way, Legend was walking as he kept reflecting about it for quite some time.

He thought to himself: »Ruye was pretty cryptic... It did sound pretty far-fetched, though...« Shortly after, he stopped, then he thought »But that's really not like him... He may be onto something...« He looked up, forward, and thought »I feel like I should hurry with hunting down the damned souls on my list...«

He started to run, heading towards Nanchang.
On his way, he also met Chun again, who seemingly remembered their previous lives too.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Oct 14, 2022 5:45 pm

Chapter 129: Little Master

As he was on his way, Legend had an idea - or rather a vision. It was like a technique, a fighting style, that was both gentle flow and raw power. A combination of the flow of the Universe and brutal force. He was unsure whether it'd work, however, he wanted to try it out.

Taking this opportunity, he stopped. He looked around, and nobody seemed to be around. So he walked to some massive boulders nearby. He centered within, focused, then released his power. The blue glow that he had when last fighting Ruye appeared, especially from his hands. He shouted »Flowing Water, Smashing Rock!«, then smashed the massive boulder, insanely fast and like a barrage, with his fists into tiny bits and pieces, like it was nothing.

Once he was done, he "turned off" that power, and looked at the debris.

Legend was suprised and amazed: »Wow! Now THAT's what I call an ace up the sleeve!«

Suddenly, his arm's muscles felt like they were massively pulled and strained, or ripped apart. He wasn't much for crying out loud, but THAT hurt. He cried out in agony and pain, as the technique he just used took its toll. After a short while, it stopped again, though leaving Legend's arms impaired.

Legend was suffering: »Fuuuuuuuck..! That wasn't good...«

He took a while to gather himself and process the damage he'd just done to himself.

After a while he said to himself: »A very powerful technique, indeed... But with a massive toll... I just fucked up my fucking arms..! I hope I can recover quickly from this...«

After he'd gathered himself, he kept walking and went on his way. As he was walking, he reflected upon it: »Amazing, how I was able to focus my power so much that I was able to smash everything so fast and easily... A truly powerful techique... And a beautiful one too... I wonder where it comes from... The combination of the flow of the universe and raw power creates a force beyond belief, if done right... Good to have, should I ever be in a real pickle... But the toll is too much... It'd probably kill me, too... I can't use it like that... I wonder if I can adjust it so it doesn't harm me...«

His training and spiritual achievements made it possible for him to tap into an overpowered technique. But he had to realize that using it will take a very big toll, destroying his body - so it remained a last resort.

A few hours later, he arrived in Nanchang. On his way, he happened to meet Soul.

Soul: »Hey Legend! How's it going?«

Legend: »Hey man, good to see you! I'm good, what about you?«

Soul: »Yeah, I'm good. I was heading to the Cane Castle in Nanchang, I sometimes like to meditate there. Have you by chance seen or heard about the Golden Coins defector in Yushan?«

Legend: »No, I haven't.«

Soul: »You haven't? There's this tall stern but concerned fellow in the village. Golden armour and all. The constable told me the man has been blabbering something about the dead walking the halls of the Golden Coins Palace. Thought I might investigate myself, but there's something that makes me weary about it.«

Legend: »I see... Well, I was planning on taking care of them. We could go together, if you'd like.«

Soul: »A fine idea. Let's go!«

Once they arrived in Yushan Village, they met and talked with the Golden Coins fugitive, whose name was Bei Kang.

Bei Kang explained: »I want to live, and want to leave this world without sins. I'll do my best, so please let me reside in this town.«

Legend: »How so?«

Bei Kang: »I've handed over all my weapons and report my activities to this warrior over there on a daily bases. I've escaped from the Golden Coins clan, so if this town doesn't accept me, I am dead meat!«

Legend: »Ok, so tell us about Golden Coins, and we will try to take care of them.«

Bei Kang: »You won't believe me, but there are corpses walking like undead. I just couldn't share my room with those undead, no way! That's the reason I've escaped. Thank you so much for helping me!«

Soul: »What can you tell us about yourself?«

Bei Kang: »I'm in the process of becoming a legit townsfolk, and was just heading to see Mei Sung to report what I've done today. I am a man without shame, and I love to be that way.«

Legend: »I am very interested about the walking corpses that you were talking about. What more can you tell us?«

Bei Kang: »Don't even mention the corpses. You will be killed. I do not wish decent warriors like you banished away by those corpses. Anyhow, I think you should talk with the chief of this town. I believe it's urgent.«

Both went to see and talk to the town chief, Son Muyung, and indeed it seemed like there was an urgent matter at hand.

Son Muyung told them: »Thugs from the Golden Coins came to this town and asked about the fugitive. They said that we are going to pay for what we have done against them.«

Soul: »What can we do to help?«

Son Muyung: »I think we can save both our town and the fugitive if we can defeat them all before they return to the Golden Coins.«

Legend and Soul both went to take care of them, who weren't far, then returned to the town. They talked to Bei Kang again.

Legend: »We took care of the guys who were giving you trouble. I think you owe us. Tell us who's responsible.«

After a short silence, Bei Kang told them: »I believe you know of Golden Shell... He is truly the top disciple of Martial Arts Maniac, Seo Moondo. During the battle with Brutal Lord Fang, I saw how Golden Shell died. He was beheaded back then. However, Golden Shell returned to our camp like nothing had happened. I saw a deep scar around his neck, but nothing seemed different.«

Soul: »That's terrible.«

Legend: »Where is he, exactly?«

Bei Kang: »Golden Shell is currently located at the edge of the Mansion of Silver Coins. The battle tactics specialist Zhang Shujun in town is very interested in obtaining a part of Golden Shell's body for investigation. Maybe you can help us to find out what type of creature he is.«

Both Legend and Soul headed to the Mansion of Silver Coins. Once entered, they fought their way through to the end, where Golden Shell and Laughing Face were waiting.

As they were fighting their way through, Legend had issues fighting decently, like he'd be doing workout the whole day and was now strengthless. Although he was able to keep it up and keep going, his face was visibly full of sweat after a while due to the strain. Soul noticed something was up with him, but didn't say anything.

Once they arrived at the last room and were facing Golden Shell and Laughing Face, Legend thought to himself: »What the hell?! They're really both alive again! How can this be? I killed them both a while ago, and even noticed how their spirits were released and dark energies dissolved..! What sorcery is this!?«

Defeating them, though, was no big deal for both.

Once they both returned to Yushan Village, they talked to Zhang Shujun and gave him a piece of Golden Shell's body.

After a while of inspection, Zhang Shujun said: »Hmm. This body has inherited the secret skills of the Ghost Clan. Also, the piece of his body tells that it has been contaminated with a prohibited chemical for mummification. Golden Shell was most likely acting human, so the mummification has advanced.«

Legend: »Ghost Clan..?«

Zhang Shujun: »The Ghost Clan was destroyed by the force of the Sacred Flower clan during the war of the Nine Dragons. However, I am not sure what the survivors or the secret skills of the Ghost Clan got to do with the Golden Coins clan. Anyhow, please take this as a small reward. Thank you.«

Soul to Legend: »What now?«

Legend: »I want to go to the Golden Coins Palace and kill Seo Moondo and Golden Touch, the Leader of Golden Coins. I've made it my mission to purge all evil forces from the land. But this... I've already killed Golden Shell and Laughing Face, and yet they were both alive. This might be real trouble.«

Soul: »Indeed. I have once made it my purpose to purge the evil from this land. I have waged war against The Alchemist. He died by my blade, yet stood up again at the next sundown, as if nothing had happened. We are dealing with more than we ever have and I think now more than ever it's important to stand together. Your cause is one worth fighting for. I shall join you, if you’ll have me.«

Legend: »Your help is more than welcome. Let's go.«

On their way to the Golden Palace, they've met Vagrant, Legend's disciple. After having a little chat, Vagrant decided to join them as well.

Upon entering the Golden Coins Palace, they fought their way through. As they were in the process of opening the gate into the inner room, Soul noticed yet again how Legend had trouble keeping up, and how his face was full of sweat.

After a while, Soul said: »Keep up.«

Legend: »I am.«

Vagrant: »Everything alright, master?«

Legend: »Yeah. Don't worry about it.«

After breaking into the inner sanctum, they faced Seo Moondo and Golden Touch - and killed them after fighting them.

Vagrant: »And with that, the Leader of the Golden Coins clan was no more.«

Legend: »Let's hope so.«

Soul: »I don't think this will stop the Golden Coins clan.«

Legend: »Me neither. Let's search them and take anything we can use, and let's get out of here quick.«

Soul: »Couldn't agree more.«

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:22 am

Chapter 130: Hermit

A while ago, Legend built himself a bow. It was not much, and certainly no warbow, but it did do pretty nicely. The only thing he did with it was to hunt some game, a deer or a rabbit, to get himself some food.

He lived mostly on his own, alone somewhere in nature. Sometimes he found empty, run-down houses, sometimes he built himself a hut or some such. He didn't like being among many people very much, and prefered the solitude and silence. Thus, he mostly didn't buy himself some food somewhere, but rather hunted, fished or gathered the food he needed.

He had truly become a real hermit... again.

Captain Zhangchu was about to soon set sail to Japan again, so Legend went to Liaodong.

Ma Mei Port had become somewhat more lively, and three more merchant ships besides The Wanderer were docking there.

Legend went to Captain Zhangchu and greeted him: »Ahoy, captain!«

Captain Zhangchu: »Xin, my boy! Good to see you! How have you been?«

Legend: »Good, good. How about you?«

Captain Zhangchu: »We will soon be sailing to Japan again. Will you come too?«

Legend: »Definitely!«

Captain Zhangchu: »Good! We'll be sailing in a day or two.«

Some time later, Ruye appeared at Ma Mei Port too. And later, even Soul came along.

As Ruye, Legend and Soul were talking, and some of the merchant ships had just left the port, some cannons could suddenly be heard from the distance. People, as well as our heroes, looked at the horizon to where it came from. In the distance, they saw a giant man-o'-war attacking the smaller merchant ships.

Legend: »What the..?«

They kept watching, as they were unsure what was happening. Soon after, the smaller merchant ships were destroyed and sunken, and the man-o'-war came into their direction.

Ruye: »Uhh, guys..? That thing just sank those ships, and is now heading into our direction.«

Some of the merchant ship's crews and captains started to panic, and you could hear them shouting about getting out of there.

Unsure about what to do, Legend asked: »Uhh, captain..?«

Captain Zhangchu: »Dammit! She's coming our way! We need to get out of here!«

Legend, Ruye and Soul went on The Wanderer, and kept watching. As the man-o'-war was coming closer, she attacked the merchant ships that had just left the port as well and tried to flee from her, but the man-o'-war didn't cease from attacking, persuing and sinking the ships.

Legend: »Captain, are you sure about getting out of here? She'll destroy us!«

Captain Zhangchu: »I'd rather see my ship at the bottom of the sea than in their hands!«

Legend: »Your ship won't be any good if you're dead.«

Captain Zhangchu: »My ship won't be any good in their hands either! I'll die with my ship if I have to, but I definitely won't give them my ship! You're in or not?!«

Legend sighted in distress, and then said »Yes, captain!«

Ruye to Legend: »Let me come with you!«

Legend looked at Captain Zhangchu: »Captain?«

Captain Zhangchu: »If he's as good at fighting as you are, he's welcome to join!«

Soul: »I'll come too!«

They soon left port and tried to escape, but the man-o'-war soon persued them. The man-o'-war first attacked and disabled a small, single-masted sloop-of-war, and immediately persued The Wanderer instead of sinking the sloop-of-war.

Captain Zhangchu: »Dammit, she's onto us! Man the cannons!«

Legend manned one of the cannons as well. Ruye and Soul were rather prepared to fight. Ruye, however, knew that the chances of surviving a battle with the man-o'-war was low. He looked at the disabled sloop-of-war, then suddenly disappeared in black smoke.

He appeared on the sloop-of-war and looked around. Its crew was pretty hurt, trying to help the wounded, but looking very surprised at Ruye once they noticed him.

Ruye asked: »Can you still sail?«

One of the crew answered: »Our captain and our helmsman are dead!«

Ruye said »I'll be right back.«, then disappeared in smoke again.

Soon after, he reappeared in smoke on The Wanderer.

Ruye: »Soul, do you know how to sail a ship?«

Soul: »I do, yes.«

Ruye: »The sloop-of-war lost its captain and helmsman, but is still seaworthy. We'd increade our chances of survival with that ship. Want to comandeer it?«

Soul: »What about you?«

Ruye: »I'll stay with you and give you strategic advice, and maybe jump between our ships to try to tend to the wounded.«

Soul: »Alright, I'm in!«

Ruye held Soul's shoulder, then teleported both onto the sloop-of-war.

Captain Zhangchu looked at Legend, as Legend looked at him, then said »Thank god I know you, boy! You sure have some helpful friends!«

Over at the sloop-of-war, after Ruye and Soul appeared, Ruye said: »Listen, men! He'll take over the wheel! If we're to survive this, we'll have to do it together! Those of you who are still capable, man the cannons! The brig over there is about to attack the man-o'-war! We'll have to join her!«

Most of the crew looked at one of the crew members, one person saying »Quartermaster..?«

Soon after, the supposed quartermaster yelled »You heard the man! Man the cannons and prepare for battle! Let's join this brig!«

Ruye looked to Soul and said: »Persue her and try to stay behind her so she can't fire at us! If she hits us, we'll all be gone in an instant!«

Soul: »Got it!«

The Wanderer was still trying to get away, but the man-o'-war was getting closer.

Captain Zhangchu: »Dammit! We'll have to fight! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!«

Legend noticed the sloop-of-war moving, then shouted »She's moving! The sloop-of-war is moving!«

The captain, too, looked at it, and they saw how it was persuing the man-o'-war.

Captain Zhangchu: »PREPARE TO FIRE, ON MY COMMAND!«

Captain Zhangchu suddenly turned hard right, and once the man-o'-war was on their side, he yelled »FIRE!!«

All of The Wanderer's right side cannons fired at once, damaging the man-o'-war's front good. It may have surprised it, as it didn't react for a while. The Wanderer's crew managed to shoot a second wave, damaging the man-o'-war's front even further. But then it turned left, trying to get the brig on her cannon's sight. Captain Zhangchu tried to stay in front of the man-o'-war and stay away from her cannon's sight, but she managed to hit The Wanderer's back. Legend switched sides and manned a cannon on the left side, many following his example. The sloop-of-war was attacking the man-o'-war's back too, while trying to stay behind her.

As both The Wanderer and the man-o-'war took each other's sight, Legend shouted »AIM FOR THE SAME PLACE WHERE WE HIT HER TWICE! THE SAME PLACE, MEN!«

Captain Zhangchu: »FIRE!!!«

Both ships shot at each other. The Wanderer hit the same place as before, damaging the hull even further. But even though the man-o'-war did not hit The Wanderer on the same place, ensuring they wouldn't sink, her back and side was hit pretty good, making Legend's ears ring badly. The Wanderer didn't move sideways anymore, and just moved forward. That's when some of the crew, Legend as well, looked towards the back of the ship.

Legend just saw the captain was missing, but another crew member yelled »THE CAPTAIN'S DOWN! SOMEBODY, TAKE THE STEERING WHEEL!«

Legend immediately ran back, and saw Captain Zhangchu laying on the ground, in his own blood, and his left arm missing.

Legend was very distressed and yelled »CAPTAIN!«, then went down to him.

Captain Zhangchu was still alive, but dying.

On the sloop-of-war, Ruye and Soul saw how the man-o'-war ceased from their persue, turned around and headed straight to land.

Ruye: »She's damaged! She'll have to go to land before she sinks!«

Soul: »We did it!!«

The sloop-of-war's crew yelled and shouted in celebration. Ruye looked at The Wanderer, and saw how she didn't steer sideways and was only drifting forward. He knew something was off.

Captain Zhangchu still managed to talk, and said to Legend: »Boy, listen to me... This crew... these men... they're family... They're misfits... but we're all together... This is their home... a place for misfits like you and me... We're all one family... Most of them don't have anywhere to go... You have your heart in the right place... Please, take care of them... I want you to take care of them...« Then, Captain Zhangchu died.

Ruye appeared, saw the dead captain, and felt sorry for not being fast enough to heal him, even though he wasn't sure whether it would have been possible.

While holding the captain, Legend became more and more angry, and cried some tears. After a while, he stood up and looked towards the man-o'-war which was heading towards land. His eyes were blackened by anger. He then took the steering wheel and went after it, heading towards Ma Mei Port.

Ruye teleported away again, and after appearing on the sloop-of-war, he said to Soul: »Their captain is dead. Follow The Wanderer. I don't know what Legend's about to do, but it's not going to be beautiful. He'll need our help.«

Soul, feeling sorry for the captain's death: »Damn it...«

The man-o'-war managed to get to land, and its crew started to build a stairway to go on land. Legend docked the ship on the port, and the sloop-of-war followed soon after.

With darkened and angry-filled eyes, Legend said to the crew: »Stay on the ship, men, and defend it if necessary!« They looked after him, and saw him heading towards the man-o'-war.

Soon after, Ruye and Soul catched up with Legend, who was fighting the first japanese invaders on land, and did the same.

As they were fighting, Ruye asked: »What's your plan, Legend?«

With darkened eyes, Legend answered »I'll enter the ship.«

Ruye: »We'll join you.«

As they fought their way through, they went onto the ship, then entered it through the entrace on top. The number of people was very high, but they still managed to go through. As they kept going, they noticed that there was something off with the people in the ship. As they progressed, they faced walking, undead skeleton-like creatures, and soon after a priest-like person called Yakumo. After killing him and progressing even further, they soon faced a person who was referred to as Ghost General Abe. They managed to kill this being too and soon entered the ship's last room. It was full of the same person, a lady and their supposed leader, Hiyami. They knew they had to find the real one, and they soon managed to get the real one revealed. However, she was being protected by four bodyguards: Priest Gato, Diviner Genji, Commander Saburo, and Tactician Mitsuko. After killing all four of them, the real Hiyami could finally be hurt, and was soon killed. After she died, the ship began to quake and sink.

Ruye: »We need to get out of here, fast!«

They all ran towards the exit. But then, Legend stopped before going up the stairway leading to the exit, right in front of two katana swords resting on a sword holder. A big one, and a standard-sized one. After looking at it for a moment, Legend took the smaller one, then ran up and exited the ship as well.

After exiting the ship and joining Ruye and Soul, Ruye first said »There you are.«, then they watched as the big man-o'-war sunk. Legend's eyes were less darkened by anger now.

After it had sunk, Ruye looked at the new sword Legend was holding, and asked: »What's that you got there?«

Legend replied rather dry: »A souvenier.«

Soul: »Damn it... Should have thought of that too...«

Legend then put the sword on his lower back, through his belt, then walked back to the ship - Ruye and Soul soon following.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:24 pm

Chapter 131: Projected Soul

The Wanderer's crew accepted Legend rather well as their new captain, and showed him the captain's quarters as well as the nautical maps. These were rather interesting, as they not only showed all kinds of lands, but also showed where to find what resources, and where to aquire improvements for the ship.

They sailed back to Japan, as Legend wanted to keep the trading going for the sake of his crew, and also wanted to visit the Shinto Priest again.

While they were sailing, Legend's heart ached for their lost captain, and then started to sing - unsure where that song and text even came from - the crew looking at him kind of oddly, but also kind of pleasantly surprised:

♪ Reise, Reise, Seemann, Reise ♪
♪ Jeder tut's auf seine Weise ♪
♪ Der eine stößt den Speer zum Mann ♪
♪ Der andere zum Fische dann ♪
♪ Reise, Reise, Seemann, Reise ♪
♪ Und die Wellen weinen leise ♪
♪ In ihrem Blute steckt ein Speer ♪
♪ Bluten leise in das Meer ♪

Once Legend arrived at the temple, the Shinto Priest was glad to see him again. It had also become more lively. And he also had news for him.

The Shinto Priest: »Good to see you alive and well again.«

Legend: »Thank you. I see your temple has become more lively.«

The Shinto Priest smiled: »It has. We soon may have to build a few more buildings to accommodate all the visitors.«

Legend: »How come it has become more lively like that?«

The Shinto Priest, smiling: »People heard about the enlightened one who visited this place.«

Legend, not getting it, looked around and said »Oh... Man..! And I totally missed him... Would have loved to meet him...«

The Shinto Priest stopped smiling and closed his eyes in disbelief, as if he'd be thinking "Oh my god...", realizing that Legend was kind of an idiot.

Shortly later, the Shinto Priest said: »While you were gone, I looked into the subject you asked me about last time.«

Legend: »And?«

The Shinto Priest: »For one, I have some bundles of white sage for you. Burn it and consecrate a place with its smoke, and you'll clear a place from negativity.«

Legend: »That's awesome! Thanks a lot!«

The Shinto Priest: »Secondly, I've read about how to get rid of a vengeful human spirit for good, should the need ever arise. You'd need to salt and burn their human remains. Sometimes, however, the spirit is also bound to an item, usually one that was once theirs. In that case, the item should be destroyed by fire as well.«

Legend: »Good to know! This is indeed very valuable information! Thanks a lot!«

The Shinto Priest: »For the last thing, there's a shinto blessing I've found, for blessing an item, preferably a weapon, to fight off and kill evil spirits.«

Legend was amazed: »Wow, that's perfect!«

The Shinto Priest: »I would also like to bless you personally, and give you a shinto name. If you'd be willing. We'll bless your weapon afterwards. Is that alright?«

Legend: »Oh, yeah, sure. But I don't have to follow your religion, right? I mean, I'm open to pretty much all true religions, but I can't say I follow one specific religion.«

The Shinto Priest smiled: »I believe that will do. If the Shichihukujin* will it, you'll have their blessing in your fight against evil. So, what's your weapon of choice?«

Legend: »Well, I fight mainly with my fists.«

The Shinto Priest: »Hm...«

Legend: »Oh, right, I also have this here...«

He took his katana sword from his lower back and showed it to the Shinto Priest.

The Shinto Priest was kind of surprised and confused, and shortly after asked: »This is a real katana, made for a Samurai. Where do you got this from?«

Legend explained: »A while ago, a Japanese ship invaded Liaodong. I took it from their ship before it went down.«

The Shinto Priest was surprised: »A Japanese invading ship?? I have not heard of the Japanese invading China...«

Legend: »I don't believe it was the Japanese army. The ship was full of... people who seemed to be mind controlled; undead beings, ghosts, and spirits...«

The Shinto Priest: »What happened to them?«

Legend: »Me and my friends defeated them and sunk the ship.«

The Shinto Priest: »That's... impressive.«

After a short moment of silence, the Shinto Priest said: »Well, anyway... We will be holding a ceremony for you, tomorrow morning, if you're willing.«

Legend bowed slightly, as it's the custom in Japan, and said: »Yes! Gladly! Thank you! Thank you very much!«

The next morning, Legend attended to his ceremony. Some cloth was put on him, and some kind of hat too, and incence smoke was fanned towards him. It was kind of weird to him, but he just rolled with it.

The Shinto Priest: »Shichihukujin*, bless this person with your protection, and guard him always, so that he may fulfill his duties and remove evil from this world.«

Shortly later, the Shinto Priest said: »I hereby name you... Shin.«

Legend was confused, and there was a short pause, then he said: »Wait, what?«

The Shinto Priest: »Your name is now Shin.«

Legend: »My name is already Xin.«

The Shinto Priest: »What..? I thought your name was Legend.«

Legend: »That's... a nickname... That's what people call me. The name given to me by my parents is Xin.«

A moment of silence emerged again, then the Shinto Priest said: »OHH! The Chinese name, XIN!« He laughed slightly, then explained: »No, the name I just gave you is the Japanese word, Shin!«

Legend understood and laughed slightly: »AHH! SHIN! NOW I get it! I'm sorry.«

The Shinto Priest smiled: »It IS ironic, though.«

After they finished the ceremony, Legend was free to remove his ceremonial clothing, and followed the Shinto Priest to a spring of water. There, Legend had to hold his katana sword under the running spring as the Shinto Priest spoke out the shinto blessing for the sword.

The Shinto Priest: »Shichihukujin*, bless this item with luck so it may fulfill in the future its duties in the hand of this person.«

And that was it.

Before leaving again, as he now was more wealthy than before due to trading, Legend donated 100'000 gold coins to the temple, and the Shinto Priest assured him that there would always be a place for him there. Feeling thankful for everything, Legend left amicably.

As they were sailing back to China, they were surprised by a hefty storm. Legend kept his faith and good spirit, but as the storm was getting worse to a point where it seemed like it might get really, REALLY bad, and he realized his crew was getting more and more worried and angsty, Legend began to sing, strong and loud. Again, he didn't know where the song and text came from, but let it flow nevertheless.

At first, he sang alone, but repeated the song over and over again. And as he repeated it, his crew began to join him in singing, slowly more and more, up to the point where they all made a fantastic song and chorus out of it. This helped them not to lose it, and to stay focused. The way they sang and sailed through the storm was almost heroic.

♪ There once was a ship that put to sea ♪
♪ The name of the ship was the Billy o' Tea ♪
♪ The winds blew hard, her bow dipped down ♪
♪ O blow, me bully boys, blow (HUH!) ♪

♫ Soon may the Wellerman come ♫
♫ To bring us sugar and tea and rum ♫
♫ One day, when the tonguing' is done ♫
♫ We'll take our leave and go ♫

♪ She had not been two weeks from shore ♪
♪ When down on her a right whale bore ♪
♪ The captain called all hands and swore ♪
♪ He'd take that whale in tow (HUH!) ♪

♪ Before the boat had hit the water ♪
♪ The whale's tail came up and caught her ♪
♪ All hands to the side, harpooned and fought her ♪
♪ When she dived down low (HUH!) ♪

♪ No line was cut, no whale was freed ♪
♪ The captain's mind was not of greed ♪
♪ But he belonged to the Wellerman's creed ♪
♪ She took that ship in tow (HUH!) ♪

♪ For forty days or even more ♪
♪ The line went slack then tight once more ♪
♪ All boats were lost, there were only four ♪
♪ But still that whale did go ♪

♪ As far as I've heard, the fight's still on ♪
♪ The line's not cut, and the whale's not gone ♪
♪ The Wellerman makes his regular call ♪
♪ To encourage the captain, crew and all ♪

“ **

Once the storm was starting to cease, they then ceased their singing too.

When they arrived in Liaodong, they docked at Ma Mei Port as always. Before leaving the ship, The Wanderer's quartermaster went to Legend and thanked him, for keeping his crew's spirits in good health during a heavy storm.

As Legend went on land, he saw Ruye standing there - and felt something wrong with him. As he approached him, he noticed Ruye's right eye's pupil being red. Something was definitely wrong.

So he asked: »Ruye, everything alright?«

Ruye: »Well... No, not really.«

Legend: »What happened?«

Ruye: »Some fucking lizard people kidnapped and tortured me. They really fucked me up.«

Legend: »Lizard people??«

Ruye: »Yeah. Fucking reptilians.«

Legend remained silent for a while, then Ruye asked: »You don't believe me, do you?«

Legend: »I... do, actually. Would any other person tell me about lizard people, then I'd question pretty much everything... But you... I somehow have no problem whatsoever believing you right now.«

Legend remained silent a short while longer, while Ruye felt kind of relieved, then Legend asked: »So, what did you do?«

Ruye: »I fucked them up, is what I did.«

Legend began to laugh but tried to hold it back.

Ruye: »What's so funny?«

Legend: »I'm sorry, I know I shouldn't laugh... But... The irony... Thinking they could fuck with a demon with no repercussions... And then end up with their own medicine...«

Ruye: »Best part is, they actually knew I'm The Dark Messiah.«

Legend exploded in a laughing fit and laughed out loud, holding his chest, unable to hold himself back.

Ruye grinned excessively and asked: »You find that funny, huh?«

Legend collected himself and apologized: »I'm sorry. I'm sorry...«

Ruye became serious again and said »But I'm afraid they put me in a place I fear I won't come back from again...«

Legend looked at his right, red eye, kind of "seeing" the damage, then moved his head towards some crates on the port and said »Come, let's go sit down.« Ruye followed him.

They both sat down at some crates. Legend then took a box out of his bag and said »It's probably not the right time for this, but...« He put the box that had some Japanese signs on it on the crates they were now using as a table and said »I wanted to bring you some sake last time, but forgot all about it due to lack of time... So I brought it this time.«

Ruye looked at the box and the signs, then said »Holy shit, that's the good stuff!«

Legend smiled: »Yup! You should keep it for some special occiasion.«

Ruye said »What are you talking about?«, then disappeared in black smoke, and shortly after reappeared with two sake cups in his hand, then said »We're drinking it now!«

Legend: »Dude... Are you sure?«

Ruye: »Definitely.«

Legend said »Alright, then...«, then took out a little bag of cloth he had around his neck. He opened it and took out some weed.

Ruye: »What's that?«

Legend: »That's the good shit. For special occasions.«

Ruye: »So what's the special occiasion?«

Legend: »Your trauma. Just trust me.«

Ruye smiled slightly and said »Alright, then...«

As Legend was preparing the weed for smoking, he said »So, what happened then?«

Ruye began to open the box with the sake, and said »They wanted to make me talk. They tried to break me. I'm kind of amazed at how far they got me. They wanted information. About pretty much everything. Even you.«

Legend: »Me?«

Ruye: »Yeah. You and some guy named Alex that you're supposedly connected to.«

Legend was confused: »Alex? I don't know any Alex.«

Ruye took out the sake bottle, placed the sake cups in front of Legend and himself, opened the bottle, and poured some sake into their cups, all the while he kept telling: »Yeah, I told them that too, but they didn't believe it... Anyway; Once I saw a chance, I freed myself and fucked them up. And then... I made them talk. And they did talk.« After a short pause while pouring the sake into the cups, he continued: »I had no idea how creative I could be with torture. They were really not easy to break. But they did talk. About everything.«

Legend: »Everything?«

Ruye: »Everything.«

Legend: »Jesus Christ!«

Ruye: »Is that pity?«

Legend: »For you, yes. I'm sorry you had to go through that... But them... I somehow don't feel anything. Action and reaction. You reap what you sow. Sounds to me like they had it coming.« Ruye smiled.

Legend lightened the cigarette-like stipe, took a few hits, then passed it to Ruye.

Ruye took a few hits, and immediately felt his aching eye and head, as well as his psyche, relaxing a bit. Shortly after, he began to tell him everything: »So apparently, there's two types of reptilians in this world: Those who were on this planet before humans were created, and those who came from another world.«

Legend: »Wait... Did you say "created"?«

Ruye: »Yes. Apparently, like 12 different races had this experiment going, namely humans. They took some primitive monkeys from this world and added their DNA to it, creating human kind.«

Legend was stunned, and asked: »What for?? Why intervene like that? Why not let life happen naturally?«

Ruye: »That part is somewhat tricky... I'm not sure the ones I tortured even knew the real reason. They weren't one of those 12. But supposedly human kind was created as an intelligent race that would bear all of these 12 races' DNA as some sort of... Fuck, I have no idea. Some of those I interrogated said because these 12 races were at war and it was to try to get them together, or some solution to the universal, everlasting conflict, or something like that; others said human kind is like a cosmic library, I don't fucking know...«

Legend: »The fuck..? Why would they do that, though?«

Ruye: »Right... So these are supposedly highly advanced races. Forget a different nation about 100 years more advanced. They're like millions of years more advanced than us. So... Yeah... Definitely a God complex.«

Legend: »For fuck's sake... That ain't good...«

Ruye: »They're supposedly chilling back while watching us, just to see what we do and how we evolve... Whether we'll become a good race who knows shit better and does things better, or whether we become yet another problem... As wanna-be gods are, you know the drill...«

Legend: »Yeah... Same story, all over again... Like we could fix their own problems even if we wanted to...«

Ruye: »Yeah... Go figure...« He took another hit, said »Damn, this shit's real good..!«, then passed it back to Legend. Legend noticed his right eye's pupil slightly losing its red color and slowly turning back to brown.

As they were also drinking sake, Ruye tried to go on, the weed already hitting good: »Where was I... Right! So the reptilians who were here before us... Their race is supposedly like... a million years older than humans. Supposedly. They're full of shit, so I wouldn't believe everything they say. Hell, I wouldn't believe ANYTHING they say. But apparently Earth was their home even before we appeared, and they actually originated from here. This world was supposedly once a reptile-filled world, but some massive cataclysm made pretty much everything go extinct... They surived though, in deep caves. So they're technically earthlings. They're pretty lizardry, so it's their nature to be snakes and to believe themselves to be better than humans... But the real problem are the other ones.«

Legend took a hit, then asked: »Those from another world?«

Ruye: »Exactly. They're called Draconians or something like that. So check this out: They came from another planet to this one, fucked the earth-lizards' women so good to the point where they actually lost pretty much all of their women to this foreigner lizard race, and now the whole earth-lizard race is acting all saddistic like the Draconians because they now have... well, not daddy-issues, but...« It was shortly quiet, then he said »niggers-stole-our-white-women-so-now-we-all-act-like-niggers issues, whatever...«

Legend: »I get it. So that means even if they're earthlings like us, they're on their side.«

Ruye: »Exactly.«

Legend took another hit, then passed it back to Ruye. Ruye took a hit and went on: »So the real problem are the Draconians. Since the earth-lizards are technically earthlings, some of them - not many, but some - do believe that humans are their earthly brothers and sisters. Draconians, however, do not. They're very saddistic, and all they do is take worlds over, subdue everything, or destroy. They can't be talked to, they can't be reasoned with, and they don't know empathy.«

Legend: »Jaysus...«

Ruye: »But there's more. So apparently, the originally created humans had twelve-strand DNA. But another race - possibly the Draconians - intervened, and tried to make humans into their slaves. Especially women. Again. That's why human women tend to like being snakes and to be...«

Legend: »Sluts?«

Ruye: »Exactly. They disconnected most of the DNA-strand, leaving it only as a two-strand DNA with lots of so-called "junk-DNA". In other words, humans once used to have something like a sixth sense, but were massively limited into their five senses, to make us limited and controlable, as this cut us from the higher truth we'd normally be connected to.«

Legend: »Fuck.«

Ruye: »Ya-huh! And get this: They're actually planning a massive, global take-over, not in our time, the Ming Dynasty, but in the future, as we are still pretty spiritual here and now, and still have many good people in leading positions. But one day, our collective will be nothing but superficial, and they will have taken all important leading positions, or placed one of their puppets there. And that shit we can already see today, people believing every single word our leaders and our media tell us? That will be far worse than it is today.«

Legend: »Is that even possible? I mean, could this really all be done?«

Ruye: »Let me ask you this: Do you believe humans could make it through a world full of lies? What do you think is bigger, people's common sense, or people's egos?«

Legend: »Fuck!«

There was a short moment of silence, as Ruye ended the smoke and threw it away.

Then Legend asked: »What can we do?«

Ruye: »I don't know what we can do about the future. But I know what we should do now: Stay away from them. They can appear like humans to us, but it's nothing but a disguise. The earth-lizards use something like a "switch" in the human's brains to make humans see them as a human, while Draconians rely on technology to do that. I don't know how it is to you... But to me, it's a smell. I can smell them. They smell like really dark and disgusting shit, so that's how I can distinguish between a real human and a fake lizard-in-disguise human. To you... well... knowing you as I do, I'd say... You'd probably see it in their eyes... Or some off vibes coming from them.«

Legend: »Wow, that is so much information your giving me here... But good to know. Thanks. So, what happened to those you interrogated?«

Ruye: »I did not let them go.«

Legend: »Hm. That's probably for the better... But what about you? Are you feeling better? Your eye has lost most of its red color.«

Ruye: »Oh, it has? I do feel better. That weed has really helped me. That's some really good shit. Need to get some myself, too!«

Legend: »How about you stay around here for a while? Relax here and have a good sleep. You're welcome on my ship, too.«

Ruye: »That would be very helpful, and actually ease my worries... Thanks, brother. I'm actually feeling pretty sleepy right now... Thanks for letting me get all this shit off my chest... I really do appreciate it... I hope I didn't give you material for nightmares...«

Legend smiled: »Don't worry about me, brother. I'll be fine. And you're welcome. Take a nap and get some rest. I'll stay here for a while too.«

Ruye yawned, moved to some other crate where he could lean on, and said »I will do that.«

Legend: »You're welcome to take one of the ship's beds.«

Ruye: »Nah, here's fine...«

Legend smiled: »Alright, then...«

Legend corked the sake bottle and put the bottle back into the box, then went into meditation. He was slightly intoxicated, but that didn't matter much, and not for long either. It felt good to finally put his attention inwards again, as he couldn't do it ever since the shinto temple.

He meditated for quite a few hours, while Ruye was sleeping next to him - long enough for any intoxication Legend had to go away. He enjoyed letting go of the mind-made self, and just feel this beautiful, inner bliss.

Through the letting go of his self, he eventually realized that he was something like a vessel for something higher. He was a projected soul of his higher self.

* Seven Deities of Good Luck
** www.youtube.com/watch?v=90Oc9Xl5Aps

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Jul 24, 2023 9:24 am

Chapter 132: Dissolved Body

Legend, who had also slept on the port, woke up from a dream by Ruye's movements. Ruye stood up and stretched his back, facing the ships and the seas.

Still kind of dozily, Legend said »Morning.«, then immediately took out his notebook and started to write down some things and draw some sketches, presumably from his dream.

As he kept stretching, Ruye smiled on one side, then calmly said back »Morning.«

As Legend closed his notebook and put it back into his pocket, he looked around at where they spent their time last night, and thought to himself that they should make the port more cozy for people to stay, and maybe even establish a tavern.

Legend began preparing something to smoke, and shortly after went to stand next to Ruye, also facing the ships and the seas, and shared the smoke with Ruye. As they smoked, both enjoyed the warm sun, the fresh breeze of the sea, and the chirping birds.

Ruye noticed that this was now different weed, as it didn't relax his head as the previous smoke did, but rather relaxed his feeling and wellbeing.

As it was just a little smoke, they had soon finished it. Then, Legend told Ruye to go with him, and walked onto the ship, into the kitchen.

He was greeted by his ship's cook: »Morning, Captain!«

Legend greeted back: »Good morning!«

Ruye to Legend: »What are we doing in the kitchen?«

Legend looked at Ruye and said: »We, my friend, need a good breakfast.« He looked around and pointed at things as he said »We have eggs, bread, even bacon!«

Ruye was pleasantly surprised: »Wow, really?« Inclined, while looking around, he said »You, my friend, live in a world of luxury.«

Legend: »So. Hungry?«

Ruye, affirmingly: »Oh, yeah!«

The Ship's Cook said to Legend: »I can make the breakfast for you, sir!«

Legend: »No, we'll do it. You can help if you want to, though.«

The Ship's Cook: »Aye, Captain!«

They both had an excellent breakfast, and Ruye learned all kinds of new food, like toast, fried egg, and fried bacon.

After their meal, they both went out of the kitchen and went to the side of the ship facing the seas, and Legend prepared another smoke - a bigger one than before.

As they were smoking, again they enjoyed the sight, the sun, the fresh breeze and the chirping birds. While smoking, Ruye noticed that what they were smoking now was again the weed from last evening, as it relaxed his mind a lot.

Ruye: »I have to admit... You've got an amazing thing going here. Must be heaven to sail the seas with your own ship.«

Legend: »Indeed, it is. Though it can become very troublesome, very quickly, too. Sailing through harsh storms can be like your worst nightmare... And if you don't have a good crew who pull together, you won't make it out alive.«

Ruye: »I see.«

Legend smiled slightly and asked: »Have you ever thought about becoming part of a sailing crew?«

Ruye grinned slightly, then said »I suppose I could join you one time or another.« Legend smiled.

After they were done smoking, Legend then said »Let's get our things.«, and both walked to the same spot of the port where they were hanging out before.

They both packed their things, and Ruye packed his sake and his cups.

Legend looked at Ruye's right eye, then said »Your eye looks better.«

Ruye: »I do feel better. Thank you for that.«

Legend: »Sure thing, brother.«

Then, a short moment later, Legend said »I've been thinking about that idea of a secret society thing, and about everything that you've told me yesterday... I think we should give it a try, and start it as of now.«

Ruye: »Awesome! Count me in!«

Legend: »I also know how to name it.«

Ruye: »Oh, yeah?«

Legend went close to Ruye and whispered in his ear: »White Dragon Society.«

Ruye looked at Legend and grinned slightly, then nodded. In agreement, they both accepted in silence.

As Legend wanted to bring some of his stuff into the ship's captain's quarters, Ruye asked: »Hey, can I leave this bottle of sake in your room or something?«

Legend replied: »Sure. You're welcome on my ship at any time. Mi casa es su casa.«

Ruye smiled: »Thanks, man.«

After depositing some of their things in the ship's captain's quarters and leaving the ship again, as they were on the port again, Legend then asked Ruye: »Say, you wouldn't know where I can find some silver ore, would you?«

Ruye: »Silver ore? Hm...« He looked into the distance towards a mountain. Legend, although being somewhat confused, doing the same.

Then, Ruye disappeared in smoke - in the distance, where they both just looked at, Legend suddenly saw a little explosion in the mountain - and shortly after reappeared in smoke, with three silver ore nuggets in his hand.

As he handed over the silver ore, Ruye asked »Is this enough?«

Legend, somewhat speechless, looked at him, at the location where he just saw the explosion, then back at him, then said »Y-Yeah... Thanks!«

Ruye: »Alright, man. I got to go. Thanks for everything, brother. See you later, yeah?«

Legend: »Sure thing. Take care of yourself, alright?«

Ruye nodded, then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

As Legend was about to leave too, he was approached by one of his crew members: »Captain?«

Legend turned towards him: »Yeah?«

Crew Member: »Can I ask you something?«

Legend: »Sure, go ahead.«

Crew Member: »This friend of yours... You know he's a demon, right?«

Legend: »Yes. Why?«

Crew Member: »Do you trust him?«

Legend: »He's like my brother, and I would entrust him with my life.«

Crew Member: »A demon?«

Legend: »I do realize that demons, in general, are not to be trusted. However; There's no race that is absolutely good or absolutely evil. Don't worry about him. He's got his heart in the right place.«

Crew Member: »Alright, then... If you trust him, I will trust you. Another question... I heard that you went looking for information about demons and such while you were in Japan. Is that true?«

Legend: »Yes. Why?«

Crew Member: »In my culture, demons are very real. We call them djinns.«

Legend became very interested and inclined to know more: »Really? Where do you come from?«

Crew Member: »Arabia.« Legend recalled the nautical maps in the captain's quarters, and where Arabia approximately was. The crew member continued: »I am Muslim, and in Islam, Djinns are very real. And we know how to protect ourselves from them, and how to get rid of them.«

Legend smiled, then said: »Please, tell me all about it.«

The next day, Legend arrived in Hefei, and went to Hefei's blacksmith.

Legend: »Greetings, blacksmith.«

The Blacksmith: »Greetings. Can I help you with something?«

Legend: »I hope so.« Legend took out the silver ore and showed it to the blacksmith as he continued: »I have here this silver ore, and was hoping you could make me a simple ring out of it.«

The Blacksmith: »Hm, yes. A rather unusual request, but I can do that. I will need... one or two of those nuggets to make a ring out of it. How much will you pay me for my work?«

Legend: »Do you also have engraving tools to work on a ring?«

The Blacksmith: »Yes, why?«

Legend: »If you make me a simple silver ring and let me use your engraving tools to work on it for a few hours, you can keep the rest of the ore.«

The Blacksmith nodded and said »Fair enough. Come back in a few hours, and your ring will be ready.«

A few hours later, the ring was ready.

Legend started to work on it, and began to engrave some lines on it. After a few hours, as he was almost done, Soul approached him.

Soul: »Hey, Legend!«

Legend looked at him, then said »Soul! Good to see you!«

Soul: »Likewise. What are you doing?«

Legend: »I'm working on a ring. What about you? What are you up to?«

Soul: »I'm about to go to Tibet. There seems to be some problems there. Supposedly, the clans are trying to avoid a civil war, so I thought I'd go there and try to help out. Would you like to join me? I'd appreciate your help.«

Legend: »Sure. I'll finish this first, though. Will need one hour at most.«

Soul: »Okay, no problem.«

Legend: »So... Any more intel on the situation in Tibet?«

Soul sat down next to Legend, then said: »Yeah. Supposedly, it has something to do with the Miao Tribe.«

Legend: »What about them?«

Soul: »I think they've joined the Black Dragon clan, or at least allied with them.«

Legend: »Black Dragon? Why?«

Soul: »Not sure. But Bamboo Master from The League of Beggars is supposedly there, and should have more information on the whole matter.«

Legend: »Bamboo Master? Hm, okay! Will be nice to see him again.«

After about 20 minutes, the ring was done. It was a replica of a protection ring that would one day be found in the Valley of the Kings in Egypt and become known as the "ring of atlantis" - not his ring specifically, though.

Upon arriving in Tibet and talking to Bamboo Master, they were told that there was a civil war about to break lose in Tibet, and in order to prevent it, they had to remove the Miao Tribe from power - more specifically Princess Gaga, Prince Xiamen, and King Liang.

Despite being mere Vagabonds, and not members of any clan, Bamboo Master gladly accepted their help.

As they were working on it, they confirmed the Miao Tribe's allegiance with the Black Dragon clan, which definitely meant trouble - on a big scale. Legend, for one, also had to realize how tense the political situation in Tibet was. As a vagabond, Legend was never really involved in any matters of the clans, and thus didn't really realize up to this point how tense things already were in the land. And eventually, they had to realize that the Miao Tribe had indeed to be removed from power, for the good of the land. And so, these complicated matters led them to take action against the Miao Tribe.

They first tried to have a dialogue with the Miao Tribe - with the Princess to be more precise - but were immediately attacked by her Bodyguards. After defeating them, they returned to Bamboo Master to report it. But the next step, from a strategical standpoint, was pretty clear: They had to be removed from power by force.

Since Princess Gaga from the Miao Tribe was highly skilled in combat - as were Prince Xiamen and King Liang - their next task was to either kill Princess Gaga or to take her as prisoner, should she yield - which, unfortunately, she didn't.

After reporting back to Bamboo Master, they were told that Prince Xiamen of the Miao Tribe had appeared out of the Black Temple, wishing to avenge his sister. They then were tasked with taking care of Prince Xiamen, or taking him prisoner should he yield. However, he didn't yield either. They were hoping, though, that King Liang would retreat voluntarily once he had lost both of his children.

After reporting back to Bamboo Master, they were told that King Liang would not relent, and thus had to be dethroned. They were tasked with leading the way to King Liang's defeat. And that's what they did.

After fighting and defeating King Liang, he then told Legend and Soul before dying what had really happened...

The Miao Tribe had been screwed over by the Black Dragon clan. They corrupted the King and convinced him that the only way for the survival of their people is to join Black Dragon. Black Dragon, however, has never any good intentions.

Black Dragon is known to be a clan "as black as midnight on a moonless night" for a reason - despite technically being a black clan. Black Dragon was known to go against pretty much anyone if they had any reason for it... White clans, black clans, neutrals - it didn't matter. And The Thunder Emperor, the Black Dragon clan's lost Dragon, is said to have been a demon incarnate, with no sliver of humanity within him whatsoever. Legend has it that he was way worse than The Emperor Heavenly Demon, the Heavenly Demon clan's lost Dragon, who, according to legend, was a human possessed by demons. Though the final duel of the Nine Dragons, during the war of the Nine Dragons, has proven that The Thunder Emperor can be defeated, it is said to be doubtful that he can ever be vanquished. And even now, despite being dead for over 10 years, his forces marshal to bring his opponents to a mounting state of crisis, the likes of which the land has never seen. Simply put: Black Dragon was NOT GOOD.

After reporting back to Bamboo Master and finishing the job, Legend reflected upon it... He came to the conclusion that, maybe, he shouldn't involve himself in political affairs like he had just done. But he realized that Black Dragon definitely had to be dealt with. And the fact that Black Dragon was now getting active again was not a good sign, at all.

Even though they didn't know much about the Black Dragon clan's plans and intentions, Legend decided to go to and enter the Black Temple, from which Prince Xiamen had come out from. And Soul agreed to join him.

After entering the Black Temple, they were attacked by Shao Wang and Yuan Shao, King of the Law. Legend immediately realized that they were both deeply corrupted, and that they were evil forces that had to be removed from the land. And thus, Legend and Soul killed them.

Even though defeating them was fairly easy for the both of them, Legend also had to realize that their enemies, the evil forces he was messing with, were getting stronger. Hopefully, he could proceed well enough with his mission of ridding the land of all necessary evil forces...

Quite some time had passed, and Legend and his crew set out to Japan again. While being there, he was approached by his Muslim crew member, who had a jar in his hands.

Once Legend saw him, he asked »Did you get it?«

The Muslim Crew Member replied: »Yes, I did! Luckily, the Japanese trade with the Portuguese. They have that kind of stuff.«

He handed over the jar, and Legend said »Thanks a lot, my friend. I owe you one.«

The Muslim Crew Member smiled and said: »Don't worry about it, Captain. I hope it helps.«

Once Legend was back in China and had taken care of all the trading business, he went into his captain's quarters, and took out the jar as well as his katana. In that jar was so-called "holy oil". He took a small paintbrush, and dipped it in the oil. He then applied the oil along the cutting edge of the blade, all the way from top to bottom - on both sides - then wrote "بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم" with the oil on both sides as well, which was arabic for "In the name of Allah (God), the Beneficient, the Merciful", spoken out "Bismillah, ar-Rahman, ar-Rahim". He then let his katana rest on his desk, so that the oil may dry.

He closed the jar with the holy oil again, then put it away in his quarters. He then went back to his desk, and looked at his katana, smiling slightly. Suddenly, he saw some black smoke emerging around him, which intensified as he looked around at it, and suddenly he popped up in Hefei.

He looked around, and soon saw Ruye.

Legend: »What the fuck, man?! I was just-«

There was some trembling, and he heard some noise of something... big.
He then turned around, and with wide eyes, saw True General Wei standing there, wreaking havoc on some of the outer buildings of Hefei.

Ruye: »I though you'd like that.«

Legend became totally overexcited as he balled his hands into fists, held his fists in front of him, and said »FUCK, YEAH! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY MY WHOLE LIFE!«

Ruye grinned: »Go on, then. I'll give you healing support.«

Legend immediately dug into his bag, and seemed to desperately search for something.

Ruye: »Uhh... What are you doing..?«

Legend: »I KEPT THIS THING EVER SINCE I COULD GET MY HANDS ON IT, JUST FOR THIS MOMENT!«

He then took out a red pill, a so-called "Pill of Red Glob", put it in his mouth, chewed it, then swallowed it. Suddenly, he burst full of energy, the pill boosting his strength. He jumped up, towards True General Wei, then actually punched True General Wei backwards, into the ground.

Totally hyped, as True General Wei was standing up again, Legend said: »I WAITED MY ENTIRE LIVES FOR THIS!! YEEEAAH!!«

Ruye laughed about how Legend was acting, and gave him healing support.

It did take quite a while, but eventually, Legend finally defeated and killed True General Wei, and he actually, finally, had acquired the title of Killer of True General Wei - one of the very few Vagabonds to ever acquire it.

A few hours later, while Legend was still celebrating and celebrated, Soul appeared, looking for Legend. Once he realized Legend's new title, he congratulated him:

Soul: »Wow, I can't believe you actually did it! Congratulations, man! I know you wanted that title for a very long time.«

After congratulations and celebrations, Soul then told Legend why he sought him out...

Soul: »I was looking for you, actually.«

Legend: »Oh, yeah? Why's that?«

Soul: »I've been meeting some Vagabonds and Taoist Hermits in Kunlun, and they would like to meet you. They've send me to formally invite you, and bring you there if you so wish.«

Legend: »Vagabonds? Taoist Hermits? Why haven't I heard of them before? Sure, I'd love to meet them! But let us go to Liaodong first, I've left my katana on my ship.«

Soul: »Great! Whenever you're ready. But prepare yourself, as this journey will take us a few days.«

As they were on their way, Legend asked a few questions...

Legend: »So these Taoist Hermits, are they neutral?«

Soul: »Pretty much, yeah.«

Legend: »Nice! I wonder why I never heard of them before.«

Soul: »They're pretty reclusive... And they're pretty deep in the Kunlun mountains. Have you been to Kunlun before?«

Legend: »Just once or twice, I think. In the very first village.«

Soul: »So you haven't really seen much of Kunlun, then?«

Legend: »Not really, no.«

Soul: »Well, you better come prepared. Because the danger there is way harsher than anything you've seen before.«

Legend: »Really? That bad?«

Soul: »Oh, yeah. I once was almost killed by a rat while I was carelessly picking up hay stacks...«

Legend: »Excuse me?«

Soul: »I'm serious. There's also giant spiders there, and other strong creatures you've never seen before and won't find anywhere else.«

Legend: »Wow. What the hell...«

And thus began Legend's and Soul's journey into the Kunlun mountains.

At that point Soul was a skilled swordsman, while Legend was a master of his own kung fu, his deadly fist style being known throughout the land.

They traveled for days through the rugged terrain, facing many obstacles and fighting off numerous monsters along the way.

One night, as they rested by a fire, they heard a loud growling sound. They sprang to their feet and drew their weapons, ready to defend themselves against whatever was making the noise.

To their surprise, they saw a massive spider with the upper torso of a woman in front of them. It stood on its spider legs, towering over them. The two vagabonds were no match for the beast in a straight-up fight, so they decided to outsmart it.

Soul took out his sword and began to make swift strikes, while Legend used his lightning-fast kicks and punches to distract the beast. In the end, they managed to work together to defeat the creature, but not without sustaining injuries.

Despite the danger, Soul and Legend continued their trek into the mountains, determined to reach their destination. They encountered more challenges along the way, but their skills and teamwork allowed them to overcome each one.

Finally, they arrived at the summit of the mountain, where they found a hidden village. Inside, they were greeted by a wise old Taoist monk who revealed to them the reason they undertook this journey - to receive training in the sacred arts of hermitage and Taoism, to prepare for the war against the evil forces, one of which was the Blood Sorcerers coalition, an active threat to these Kunlun neutrals.

Legend was then referred to an elderly woman, a quite motherly Taoist, who was willing to explain everything to him, and answer any question he might have, at any time. Somebody he could always go to, if you will. She greeted him very warmly.

Fang Cheng: »Greetings, Legend. Welcome in our village. We thank you that you've accepted our invitation, and are glad that you've made it here safely. My name is Fang Cheng. As I am sure you were already told, you're welcome to live, learn and study here. Living quarters, food, and learning material will all be freely available to you. So feel free to come and go as you wish. And should you have any questions, feel free to ask any time. Should you be unsure who to ask, you can always ask me.«

Legend: »Wow, that's awesome! Thanks a lot, it's a pleasure to be here! But, if you don't mind me asking, why the warm welcome? I'm a stranger here.«

Fang Cheng smiled: »We do know about you. The stories about you reach us here too, and we think it'd be a great asset to let you learn from us. We also know your father. He comes here from time to time too.«

Legend was surprised: »Oh, he does? I have to keep an eye out for him, then... So, what kind of teachings do you offer?«

Fang Cheng, smiling: »We offer no teachings per se, but we have a lot to teach in the sense of knowledge. We have a massive collection of books and many great teachers here. Pretty much everyone here can teach you anything, you just have to ask.«

Legend: »Wow, really? So you don't really tell me what to learn, but let me learn about whatever I want?«

Fang Cheng, smiling: »That's right! You choose your own path.«

Legend: »That's great! Thanks a lot for this opportunity! I'd love to learn from you! Any advice on what I should start with?«

Fang Cheng, smiling: »Although I'm sure there's still one thing or another you could learn about hermitage, I hear you're pretty much a Hermit yourself. So I think learning about Taoism might be more interesting to you. May I suggest the book Tao Te Ching?«

Legend: »The Tao Te Ching?? You have that book here??«

Fang Cheng, smiling and affirmingly: »We do.«

Legend was amazed: »I'll gladly take a look at it, thanks! What about helping out? Are you in need of assistance here sometimes? I'd like to... stay in shape.«

Fang Cheng: »Gladly! There's always something to help with, if you want to. We're happy to accept any help!«

Legend: »Great! Thank you! That's all for now.«

Fang Cheng: »Alright, then. Let me show you where you can find everything and where you'll sleep.«

Legend hadn't felt so happy in a very long time. He was so amazed by this chance and opportunity that he was almost overwhelmed by it. He was very thankful to have been given this opportunity, and was determined to make good use of this opportunity. But for now, he needed to settle down due to almost being overwhelmed by it, and make himself at home - and also rest a bit in meditation. And so, he meditated in his new quarters after settling down.

As he began with his meditation, he couldn't help but to reflect a bit on the nice, elderly lady, Fang Cheng. She was indeed very nice and welcome. And it wasn't an act, but in fact, her kindness and openness was coming very naturally. He felt like they've already won his heart over, even though he was wondering how this would unfold and develop further.

He went deeper into meditation, and kept his spiritual, inner progress going.

Through immense meditation and spiritual progress, he felt his body dissolving, and experienced real nirvana, the beautiful, everlasting silence, and endless space. Silence to rest - truly rest. Space to be, and to exist.

And so, Legend and Soul lived and trained at the village for many months, honing their skills to become the greatest warriors of their time, before they were allowed to continue their journey into East Heaven.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7