The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tips for me

+2
Stygian
shan735
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tips for me Empty Tips for me

Post  shan735 Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Hello fellow Vagabonds :D

Instead of making another topic about my build, I decided to edit this post :D

If you guys could take the time to help me find better equipments or tips and advices I'll be grateful :D

Level: Humble Master 4 (Level 148)

Relics:

Good- Phoenix Bead of Iron
Dex increased by 8
Maximum Life increased by 40
Damage increased by 1%

Good- Phoenix Bead of The Earth
Str increased by 8
Maximum Life increased by 40
Damage increased by 1%

Good- Twin Dragon Bracelet of The Earth
Str increased by 10
Maximum Life increased by 60
Reflect 1% of Physical Damage to target

Good- Twin Dragon Bracelet of Iron
Dex increased by 10

Good- Twin Dragon Bracelet of The Tree of Life
Cons increased by 10

Wan Daye's Blue Jade Seal
All Attributes increased by 5

Quanzhen Mirror
All Attributes increased by 2
Attack Rating increased by 50

Blood Beads of the Earth
All Attributes increased by 1
Constitution increased by 2
Weapon damage increased by 10%

Stats

Strength : 250 +16 (with relics 285)
Essence: 14 +14 (with relics 25)
Wisdom: 14 +2 (with relics 25)
Constitution: 84 +5 (with relics 107)
Dexterity: 250 +17 (with relics 279)

Clothes and Weapons
Hermit's Cry Heaven Gloves
[low][0 grade] Damage increased by 4%
[low][0 grade] Max weapon damage increased by 4%
[low][0 grade] Yang Damage 4% increase
[low][0 grade] Movement increased by 7%
[high][0 grade] Increased Gold drop rate by 8%

Damage 950 to 1478 +2107 (Refined +9)
Attack Rating -21

Also includes three 7/1k leech ornaments and 1000/10000 crit damage

Wan Day'es Violet Silk Jacket
Defense +300
Max life increased by 200

Wan Daye's Silk Pants
Defense +200
Max vital energy increased by 200

Fine Tianshan Boots
Dodge Increased by 220 (ornaments)

Fine Tianshan Wristbands
Attack rating +8
Dodge Increased by 220 (ornaments)

And this is my character for now :D
I can grind high yellows with no problem now and can even grind oranges but with a lot of external wounds.

I would like your advice please on whether or not to change the quanzhen mirror with another BboE...and I was hoping for more tips from you guys on improving my character :) I also know that spears are a much better use, but I prefer using fists as it fits my personality :)

Thank you,

Shan :D

Updated on 10th of August 2012

Last edited by shan735 on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:11 am; edited 3 times in total

shan735

Back to top Go down

Tips for me Empty Re: Tips for me

Post  Stygian Fri May 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi Shan and welcome back!

I've read your post and decided to you give some suggestions about your equipments and your build.
Here it goes.

Weapon: Get one from the current event (Hermit Event). You just need 30 (Or 20 for High) Levelup Items and you can exchange them at the Hermit in Hefei. It's worth it because they're LM, H and PS level and require no stats or level at all and they won't vanish after the event.

Hat: The hat is fine, but I suggest getting the same with 1-2 slots or just a plain hat with 1-2 slots and put dodge ornaments in them.

Top/Pants: Again they're just fine. Although if you don't mind spending some money on a better then go on, worth it.

Shoes: You should get a better shoes. Get a plain with 1-2 slots or the one with +15% Movement Speed and again, slotted. If you have then go for dodge ornaments again, you'll need them.

Wristbands: Your current gloves are very weak, I suggest getting one with damage bonus or if you can't then just go for a plain one with 1-2 slots and put dodge ornaments into it.

Relics: The best I can suggest is get old relics, of course if you can afford it.

Stats: Your stats are good. The Constitution seems a bit high, but it's all up to you. I would suggest try lowering it, but with you current equipments just leave it like that.

I hope I helped you out. And if you have any more questions or you need help then feel free to ask any of us, we'll help you in any way we can. ^^

HikariYari - Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior - Elemental Crown 12
HikariTou - Wu-tang Warrior - Humble Master 7
CursedFlower - Sacred Flower Healer - Floral Crown 1

Stygian

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Fri May 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Stygian wrote:Hi Shan and welcome back!

I've read your post and decided to you give some suggestions about your equipments and your build.
Here it goes.

Weapon: Get one from the current event (Hermit Event). You just need 30 (Or 20 for High) Levelup Items and you can exchange them at the Hermit in Hefei. It's worth it because they're LM, H and PS level and require no stats or level at all and they won't vanish after the event.

Hat: The hat is fine, but I suggest getting the same with 1-2 slots or just a plain hat with 1-2 slots and put dodge ornaments in them.

Top/Pants: Again they're just fine. Although if you don't mind spending some money on a better then go on, worth it.

Shoes: You should get a better shoes. Get a plain with 1-2 slots or the one with +15% Movement Speed and again, slotted. If you have then go for dodge ornaments again, you'll need them.

Wristbands: Your current gloves are very weak, I suggest getting one with damage bonus or if you can't then just go for a plain one with 1-2 slots and put dodge ornaments into it.

Relics: The best I can suggest is get old relics, of course if you can afford it.

Stats: Your stats are good. The Constitution seems a bit high, but it's all up to you. I would suggest try lowering it, but with you current equipments just leave it like that.

I hope I helped you out. And if you have any more questions or you need help then feel free to ask any of us, we'll help you in any way we can. ^^

Weapon
Heehee, I just recently got one :D Got the gloves and will next be getting the sword :D

Hat
I will surely aim to do that :) However I've only got at most 7million so I'm not sure what I can buy?

Relics
I'm unsure of what you mean by "old relics"?

Stats
May I ask, you can see that I'm on a str build. Is it more effective to change to a dex build?

THank you for taking the time to read this and replying :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Stygian Fri May 18, 2012 5:31 pm

shan735 wrote:Weapon
Heehee, I just recently got one :D Got the gloves and will next be getting the sword :D

Hat
I will surely aim to do that :) However I've only got at most 7million so I'm not sure what I can buy?

Relics

Stats
May I ask, you can see that I'm on a str build. Is it more effective to change to a dex build?

The last time I saw that hat with 1 slot was going for 15.000.000 Gold. If you just want a plain one with 1-2 slots then go to any of the clan bases and keep buying a hat until you get it slotted (This might take some time). The dodge ornaments go for 1.000.000 for 110 Dodge and 5.000.000 for 130 Dodge.

Old relics are the ones that increases your critical hit rate by 1%. Their price varies from 1.000.000 to 5.000.000, but if you're lucky then you can find them as drop, like how I did. :P

And about your build, yes I can see that you're going for a Strength build which is in my opinion very good. When I started my vagabond I added only as much points to Dex/Cons/Wis/Ess as much needed for relics (So it was 10, 12 or 14). I aimed for reaching 250 Strength as soon as possible. When that happened I went for Dexterity only. I don't really care about other stats because Wisdom is useless for vagabonds and I can just use leach parties to gain back my Life and Vital Energy. Of course I already had good equipments, so I wasn't in trouble.

Glad I could help you out there. ^^

HikariYari - Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior - Elemental Crown 12
HikariTou - Wu-tang Warrior - Humble Master 7
CursedFlower - Sacred Flower Healer - Floral Crown 1

Stygian

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sat May 19, 2012 7:05 am

Stygian wrote:
shan735 wrote:Weapon

Hat

Relics

Stats

The last time I saw that hat with 1 slot was going for 15.000.000 Gold. If you just want a plain one with 1-2 slots then go to any of the clan bases and keep buying a hat until you get it slotted (This might take some time). The dodge ornaments go for 1.000.000 for 110 Dodge and 5.000.000 for 130 Dodge.

Old relics are the ones that increases your critical hit rate by 1%. Their price varies from 1.000.000 to 5.000.000, but if you're lucky then you can find them as drop, like how I did. :P

And about your build, yes I can see that you're going for a Strength build which is in my opinion very good. When I started my vagabond I added only as much points to Dex/Cons/Wis/Ess as much needed for relics (So it was 10, 12 or 14). I aimed for reaching 250 Strength as soon as possible. When that happened I went for Dexterity only. I don't really care about other stats because Wisdom is useless for vagabonds and I can just use leach parties to gain back my Life and Vital Energy. Of course I already had good equipments, so I wasn't in trouble.

Glad I could help you out there. ^^

Oh my :') Everything is so expensive haha
Just so you know, there's a 3x event atm :) also with the hermit you get x2 cards or x3 cards depending on your level :)

I just picked up a hat...

THis:

one sum withdraw mansion of silver coins hat
Reflect 3% of phsycial damage to target
Maximum life increased by 100
maximum VE increased by 100
damage increased by 100
movement speed increased by 7%
1/1000 of damage absored into life
dodge +10

HOWEVER, I beleive there's no slots...

Which should i wear for hte hat then? :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Myiume Sat May 19, 2012 10:38 am

That is a set hat. It does not give you all those stats by itself, just the reflect. The stats you mentioned activate when you are wearing the full set.

:)

Best regards,
Myiume :D

Myiume

http://etheriumleague.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Tips for me Empty Re:Tips for me

Post  Soul Sat May 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Greetings,Shan and welcome back.

As I see you need some help,it isn't much,but I could lend you a 400 def set and HP hat without slots until you get equipment if you want.

I also have 250 Dodge Wristbands,I can lend them to you if I find them.It isn't much but I would like to help a fellow Vagabond

As for stats.I went 3 str,1 dex,at C12 4 cons then after cap I put 6 cons.I resetted it at SM and swithced dex with str and now at EC,I am adding more str.

Greetings!

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sat May 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Soul wrote:Greetings,Shan and welcome back.

As I see you need some help,it isn't much,but I could lend you a 400 def set and HP hat without slots until you get equipment if you want.

I also have 250 Dodge Wristbands,I can lend them to you if I find them.It isn't much but I would like to help a fellow Vagabond

As for stats.I went 3 str,1 dex,at C12 4 cons then after cap I put 6 cons.I resetted it at SM and swithced dex with str and now at EC,I am adding more str.

Greetings!

Hey Soul :)

I would much prefer if I can buy the items from you :) However I am not in grave need of new equipment (or so I believe) atm...

Obviously this is much to do with the illusion thanks to the Hermit's Cake buffs and the events...etc, so I am unable to give a true detail of how well I'm doing :')

With 7 million at the time of post, I would like to buy as much as I can from you if possible :)

Stats...

I have now maxed STR :)
Now I'm doing 3 dex and 1 con and am at EC1 at the time of post :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat May 19, 2012 7:28 pm

Welcome back, Shan :)

It appears that you've got already a lot of good advice here, so I don't have to add much more.

However, there's something I need to mention...
While the STR build was the best one in the "old times", I've noticed (as well as Lone Hero, since we've tried it both out) that the DEX build works much better for Vagabonds since we've got the new UI (which changed some stats like def and hp, not only for Vagabonds). When we received the new UI, me and Lone Hero had both an STR built, however, since the stats have been changed, we noticed that we Vagabonds have become weaker once again.

It was Lone Hero who tried out the DEX build first, by reseting the Chi Points through the quest in Hefei. He then had to meditate less and was therefore able to grind longer. After he told me, I did reset my Chi Points in Hefei as well, and I noticed (on a lower vagabond character) that it was indeed easier to grind.

On my character Legend it didn't matter much, since I had STR and DEX already maxed out... However, I did notice that I had less HP after we received the new UI and that I lost faster HP than before (I'm guessing my def became lower as well).

Hope this helps.

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sat May 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Legend wrote:Welcome back, Shan :)

It appears that you've got already a lot of good advice here, so I don't have to add much more.

However, there's something I need to mention...
While the STR build was the best one in the "old times", I've noticed (as well as Lone Hero, since we've tried it both out) that the DEX build works much better for Vagabonds since we've got the new UI (which changed some stats like def and hp, not only for Vagabonds). When we received the new UI, me and Lone Hero had both an STR built, however, since the stats have been changed, we noticed that we Vagabonds have become weaker once again.

It was Lone Hero who tried out the DEX build first, by reseting the Chi Points through the quest in Hefei. He then had to meditate less and was therefore able to grind longer. After he told me, I did reset my Chi Points in Hefei as well, and I noticed (on a lower vagabond character) that it was indeed easier to grind.

On my character Legend it didn't matter much, since I had STR and DEX already maxed out... However, I did notice that I had less HP after we received the new UI and that I lost faster HP than before (I'm guessing my def became lower as well).

Hope this helps.

I see...

Well at EC3 now...

would you recommend that I reset my chi points into a dex build?

I've already maxed strength you see, and can easily max dex if I reset it...?

Thank you Legend

ALSO- I hope to see you all ingame some day! :D

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sat May 19, 2012 8:28 pm

shan735 wrote:ALSO- I hope to see you all ingame some day! :D

Shan,what is your Vagabond's name?If it is "shan735" then you should know I tried contacting you.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sat May 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Soul wrote:

Shan,what is your Vagabond's name?If it is "shan735" then you should know I tried contacting you.

I'm terribly sorry :')

My username is shan735 :')
My server is Yang
Character name for the vagabond is -Gaiden-

Looking forward to contact you guys in the near future :D
By the way, my pigeonogram thingy doesn't seem to work and comes up with ^^^&&&^~~~ etc...so it may not be the most reliable way of contacting me :)

I'll be on usually between 8am to around evening period. I live in the UK so it's GMT +1 I believe :)

Therefore at time of post: 9:38pm :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 am

shan735 wrote:Looking forward to contact you guys in the near future :D

I am looking forward on meeting you :D

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:Looking forward to contact you guys in the near future :D

I am looking forward on meeting you :D

Heehee, I believe you guys have set up some sort of meeting as well on the 1st of every month? :)

Also I had the pleasure of meeting Myiume today at LiaoDong :)

It's me -Gaiden- if you're a member here which I'm pretty sure you are :D

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 4:59 pm

shan735 wrote:I believe you guys have set up some sort of meeting as well on the 1st of every month? :)

Indeed,or every first Saturday of the month(we haven't decided yet).

shan735 wrote:It's me -Gaiden- if you're a member here which I'm pretty sure you are :D

Yes,I am a Leader.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 5:02 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:I believe you guys have set up some sort of meeting as well on the 1st of every month? :)

Indeed,or every first Saturday of the month(we haven't decided yet).

shan735 wrote:It's me -Gaiden- if you're a member here which I'm pretty sure you are :D

Yes,I am a Leader.

Oh right :D In that case, I'll try to check in on the first and the first Saturday of every month in Nanchang :)

Very nice :D
Also do you know if Myiume is a member? :)

AND are you online now soul? :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 5:04 pm

shan735 wrote:Oh right :D In that case, I'll try to check in on the first and the first Saturday of every month in Nanchang :)
I don't think it is necessary.We will most probably announce it on forum

shan735 wrote:Also do you know if Myiume is a member? :)
Member,and applied for Leader too

shan735 wrote:AND are you online now soul? :)

Logging in if you are too :D

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:Oh right :D In that case, I'll try to check in on the first and the first Saturday of every month in Nanchang :)
I don't think it is necessary.We will most probably announce it on forum

shan735 wrote:Also do you know if Myiume is a member? :)
Member,and applied for Leader too

shan735 wrote:AND are you online now soul? :)

Logging in if you are too :D

Heehee I'm already on my friend :)

I'm in Liaodong, on the Fengqui Tomb on the map :)

Hope to see you soon my friend.

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 5:07 pm

shan735 wrote:Hope to see you soon my friend.

Can we meet at The Holy Halls of The Vagabond Army?Like siri.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 5:08 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:Hope to see you soon my friend.

Can we meet at The Holy Halls of The Vagabond Army?Like siri.

Heheee i don't know where that is i'm afraid xD

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 5:10 pm

shan735 wrote:Heheee i don't know where that is i'm afraid xD

Come to Nanchang,I shall guide you.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 5:11 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:Heheee i don't know where that is i'm afraid xD

Come to Nanchang,I shall guide you.

On my way, where in Nanchang would you like me to meet you? :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun May 20, 2012 5:12 pm

shan735 wrote:On my way, where in Nanchang would you like me to meet you? :)
I will add you.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun May 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Soul wrote:
shan735 wrote:On my way, where in Nanchang would you like me to meet you? :)
I will add you.

I am in Nanchang now :)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun May 20, 2012 6:36 pm

shan735 wrote:I see...

Well at EC3 now...

would you recommend that I reset my chi points into a dex build?

I've already maxed strength you see, and can easily max dex if I reset it...?

Thank you Legend
Hm... Well, if you still got 3 times left on the Chi Points Reset quest in Hefei, and you don't think you would need it for anytime later, then you sure could give it a try. However, you should have at least 2 times left on the quest, so in case you don't like the build - for what reasons ever - you could use the STR build again.

Yeah well, I'll have to redownload 9D, since I've reinstalled Windows some days ago.

I wasn't able to install the stupid Pando Media Booster tool which installs automatically before it actually starts to download 9Dragons, so I'll try to redownload it and will try to be on the next Vagabond Meeting (which appears to be held on the first weekend of the month, according to the current voting status).

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum: