The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV

5 posters

Go down

GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV Empty GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV

Post  -Exile Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:09 am

I know Legend has sent current and past publishers PM's and posts on the Vagabond upgrade topic, and thanks for doing so during the years too bro.
I sent GM_Venus a small PM after seeing that they are implementing 3rd Role sometime in 2012, and also asked if they would consider a small upgrade for the Vagabonds as well.
Message subject: Re: New skills for Vagabond in 2012?
Sent: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:03 pm
To: GM_Venus

Hi Venus,

Would your staff be able to discuss any small upgrades for us Vagabonds with Developers?
Thanks for your time.
Message subject: Re: New skills for Vagabond in 2012?
Sent: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:21 am
To: AsurianVagabond

Hello,

Personally it would be nice to have upgraded skills for vaga.
We can bring up this suggestions to Dev~
Cross fingers!

Back to top Go down

GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV Empty Re:GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV

Post  Soul Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:12 pm

God I hope so.I wanna see the faces of Cyanide72 and HellsEmbrace when something will be done for vagabonds.Those people who claim that vagabond was never meant to be a playable role...
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV Empty Re: GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV

Post  Legend Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:25 am

Soul wrote:God I hope so.I wanna see the faces of Cyanide72 and HellsEmbrace when something will be done for vagabonds.Those people who claim that vagabond was never meant to be a playable role...
Who are you taking serious? Cyanide72 and HellsEmbrace? As normal players who never ever talked to any employee of the developer Indy21 (neither the original team from 2007, nor the development team which took over after they went bankrupt), what do they want to know about whether or not something was intended to be playable? As example, ask them anything about the Dragon Cave, and they'll have no idea what you're talking about. You shouldn't take people, who love to randomly hate stuff because they're insecure, too serious.

To come back to the topic... If there's anything I've learned from my attempts of remembering the "higher ups" about the promise the previous publisher/developer gave us about the Vagabond path, then that you always have to know who to talk to. To simply annoy some Game Masters from the publisher may surely be good sometimes, since these guys like to disregard the obvious sometimes - No matter if they're called Acclaim, GamersFirst, GamesCampus or whatever. However, the only reaction we will get from these guys is "we're gonna look into it".

It was like that at Acclaim - Did that help us to get what they promised us? Not really. All they did was two Vagabond-only events; A little boss spawn event and a "big" (but boring) Vagabond Event, with "vagabond skills" promised first, but which Acclaim's GM couldn't deliver at the end (because Indy21 refused to (or "could not") nerf the skills Acclaim's GMs wanted to give out); I believe that was the reason for their ridiculous idea (which came from a VGM, by the way...) of giving the Vagabond participants three 2nd role clan skills.

It was like that at GamersFirst - Did that help us? No, they even replied the people, who PMed them about Vagabond content, that "it would alienate the community", while at the same time Hyperion, the 9Dragons Community Liaison, acted very interested on the idea of holding an event for Vagabond players only.

It is like that at GamesCampus - Does that help us? Well, except for lines like "we do support Vagabonds but..." and "we will discuss this with the developer but...", I haven't seen anything; And to be honest, I don't expect them to take care of us - Though we're paying players (what makes us to customers) as well.

I for one will write an e-mail sooner or later to the new developer which will take over 9Dragons, Zerodin Games, and explain them what has been promised to us and show them the facts we have.

It sure would help if the vagabond community would be bigger - However; A promise is a promise.

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV Empty Re: GC to Discuss Vaga Upgrades with DEV

Post  Cioco Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:08 am

Well what Legend said is quite true. I mean every publisher makes only promises. Promises, promises and promises. Like the government, lol. XD

Legend wrote:I for one will write an e-mail sooner or later to the new developer which will take over 9Dragons, Zerodin Games, and explain them what has been promised to us and show them the facts we have.

Is that true? You mean there will be a Good Bye Indy21 and Welcome Zerodin Games? A new developer? I think that's good news, am I right?

Cioco
Cioco

http://ciocomc.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 am

Cioco wrote:Well what Legend said is quite true. I mean every publisher makes only promises. Promises, promises and promises. Like the government, lol. XD

Legend wrote:I for one will write an e-mail sooner or later to the new developer which will take over 9Dragons, Zerodin Games, and explain them what has been promised to us and show them the facts we have.

Is that true? You mean there will be a Good Bye Indy21 and Welcome Zerodin Games? A new developer? I think that's good news, am I right?

I heard that too but I did not know if it was true :)
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueVaga[TV] Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:05 am

It is true the new developer will be ZerodinGames
TrueVaga[TV]
TrueVaga[TV]

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:26 am

Cioco wrote:Promises, promises and promises. Like the government, lol. XD
LOL! :lol!:

Cioco wrote:Is that true? You mean there will be a Good Bye Indy21 and Welcome Zerodin Games? A new developer? I think that's good news, am I right?
Yes, it is true. I've wrote about it on a blog. But check it out yourself:

http://www.zerodingames.com/

Not sure yet if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess I'll just watch what these guys will do with 9Dragons.

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum