The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The [LEGEND]ary Vagabond Event

3 posters

Go down

The [LEGEND]ary Vagabond Event  Empty The [LEGEND]ary Vagabond Event

Post  shan735 Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 am

Well I suppose it's about time I set up a thread about the Vagabond Event.

The way I see it:

1) Who we want in the event:

I think we'll want as many people to join the Vagabond Event and also join the Vagabond Army at the same time. So this is what I suggest:

Application Process:
a) I will post on the general forums that there will be a Vagabond Event. The event will start (for example) 01/09/2013. This gives them about a month to prepare. In order to participate and to know what to do in the Event is to JOIN the vagabond army.

b) Once they have joined the vagabond army, newer vagabonds (i.e. level 0) will have a month to get to a sufficient level to partake in their designated area for the event (More on this later)

c) The rewards will be at the designated area for their respective levels. To check this, we will have another thread where I will need some of you to help. This leads me to saying this that I think Legend, Soul and I will be the most active during this event and one of us could be on in a short notice. Therefore, I'd like to delegate some of my duties to you guys.

For me, I will take care of the designated areas between Icy and Tibet.

Legend, I think for your level I would like you to take care of the designated areas between the maps of Hangzhou/NanChang and LiaoDong.

Soul I would like you to be in charge of the designated ares between the maps of Zhengzhou/ShiZhang and Jinan/DaTong?

Now the reason why I have left the other maps is because I think in a month, there will be a lot of vagabonds will be around the areas Zhengzhou to LD. But at the same time, we'd like existing Vagabonds to join as well (i.e. higher levels such as H4 for example) Therefore, I will be taking care of Vagabonds in Icy and in Tibet. If there aren't a lot of Vagabonds in those two maps, I will come and help either of you.

2) Rewards for the event
Now this is where I would like your ideas.

All I can think of at the moment is this. At the END OF THE EVENT, we can have a final draw on 3 lucky players who joined the event (of any level). Furthermore, they would have to participate in the event (not only join the Vagabond Army).
The 1st lucky player will have 15 Purple, Green and Red Icy passes, a scale and a tear and 100 BE (provided by me)
The 2nd lucky player will have whatever Legend can spare?
The 3rd lucky player will have whatever Soul can spare?

What i'm also thinking is that we give the LUCKY WINNERS, rewards that are respective to their levels and designated area, though I'm not sure what you guys think.

Throughout the event, the designated leaders should give maybe 10 mil and 25 BE and a PS weapon (which I'll provide) or something as a reward for the rest of the players? The numbers can be subjected to change depending on how many people join.
But yeah, like I said, I'd like your ideas :)

3) How to monitor this event EFFICIENTLY

a) We will have a separate thread in which the participating vagabonds can play.
b) I will then designate each player to their respected areas.
c) Each leader will have a list of vagabond players who signed up to play and then you can mark that they have arrived on your list.
d) At the end of the event, pass me your marked players and all 3 of us can choose one lucky winner :D

4) IMPORTANT- What IS the event?

Yeah this I haven't got much ideas though I'll be doing some research if I can today.
I think at the moment...we should try to think of an idea that is suitable for our designated areas so what do you think about that? :)

So far so good guys? :)

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

The [LEGEND]ary Vagabond Event  Empty Re: The [LEGEND]ary Vagabond Event

Post  Legend Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:23 pm

Hm... Well, personally I wouldn't like to have to join a guild only to be able to participate in an event. Rather, they should join this community in order to handle the main event topic. Some will stay, some will leave again.

I don't know if I'll be able to contribute much in it, since all I have has been planned for my vagabond event. I thought about starting it on the 10th of October (10.10., standing for the 10th Dragon/10th path etc.), but still have to see yet if I'm able to do so that day.

Your idea about having a vagabond on each map (sort of) gave me the idea that we could give them some event tasks in which they have to come to us, maybe to get some items, then go to the next person/location to give the items or get more which they later have to give to someone in order to receive "the real deal". But this idea seems to fit more as an event for vagabonds due to the similarity with quests.

By the way, a "Vagabond Event" would mean that it is an event for vagabonds. If it shall be for everyone, I'd call it "Vagabond Army Event" or something like that, to prevent misunderstandings resp. to clear things up.

EDIT:
A little question... Do you really want to call your event "[LEGEND]ary Event"? If not, can I use it for mine? I somehow like it lol

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:41 am

Any date on this?

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:46 am

Legend wrote:Hm... Well, personally I wouldn't like to have to join a guild only to be able to participate in an event. Rather, they should join this community in order to handle the main event topic. Some will stay, some will leave again.

I don't know if I'll be able to contribute much in it, since all I have has been planned for my vagabond event. I thought about starting it on the 10th of October (10.10., standing for the 10th Dragon/10th path etc.), but still have to see yet if I'm able to do so that day.

Your idea about having a vagabond on each map (sort of) gave me the idea that we could give them some event tasks in which they have to come to us, maybe to get some items, then go to the next person/location to give the items or get more which they later have to give to someone in order to receive "the real deal". But this idea seems to fit more as an event for vagabonds due to the similarity with quests.

By the way, a "Vagabond Event" would mean that it is an event for vagabonds. If it shall be for everyone, I'd call it "Vagabond Army Event" or something like that, to prevent misunderstandings resp. to clear things up.

EDIT:
A little question... Do you really want to call your event "[LEGEND]ary Event"? If not, can I use it for mine? I somehow like it lol

It's true that it's not exactly desirable to have to join a guild to participate in an event...I did not think it like that as I was thinking of something for Vagabonds to look forward to :)Furthermore, by giving them *Example* a month to level up their vagabonds to see whether or not they enjoy a vagabond role, they MIGHT as well join the vagabond guild to get details on how to level, stats etc. OF course, this would be more effective if I knew the game well and could write a guide that does not include ITEM MALL stuff...but difficult atm.

I thought about giving them event tasks and giving a few items for us...but what would be a good idea?
There's little point in asking them to collect scent herbs for us :L haha ^_^
What would be a good item would be something that wouldn't be worth a lot to get single-handedly but worth a lot to sell in bulk. We could recuperate some of the costs that way- but thats just in the financial sense. I'm not too fussed in losing a few items/money etc.

Do you think its a good idea to have an event just for vagabonds or for everyone included. The way i've included EVERYONE is for them to WISH to participate by creating a vagabond and playing for like a month or something.

Haha I was going to use that as the main title yes :Dbut I'll exchange it for the "Vagabond Event" or "Vagabond Army Event" depending on how we run the event :)

And at this moment in time Soul- no such date has been thought of yet. Lots of preparation is needed and we've just started talking about this :D

EDIT: What do you think about giving the "event task" to participate in a dungeon and look for the most valuable item there? For each person, getting it wouldn't be worth as much as the reward but for us, we can keep hold of it and sell it off. Just a quick thought. Not sure what item would be useful...

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:56 am

Well I finally made IM12 :)

So far, I have no idea how to proceed with the event...^_^
Until then, I shall be splitting my time between helping players complete dungeons and get epis in each map and earning money and collecting resources ^_^

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey guys, how's it going so far? :)

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:49 am

Besides for spammers,not much

You?

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm fine, thanks :)

About the event... I've realized that most stuff (especially clothes) are male - does anyone have female stuff we could offer as well? Otherwise the female event participants won't be so happy lol...

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:56 am

Bleurgh, I've been so busy.

Since October, I've just been studying and doing assignments so I can get them out the way and have time to redraft them should there be any mistakes before my actual deadlines.
I've had to begin revision too...and also apply for graduate schemes that is fast becoming a pain for me.
*Groan*

Oh to top it all up, my accommodation signed a contract with an internet provider who is not providing internet other than basic temporary services, because something on their end needs fixing. Even better was that they said it'd be sorted out by early September and now it's late November. Furthermore, they say it may be between 6-8 weeks...but that's a conservative estimate and there's no definite time.
GRRRR

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down