The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

This is my Vagabond story.What you see now is just what came out of my mind yet.This topic will be modified each time I add something new.This is not how these things
really happened or in this order,however,some parts are are based on true events of my gameplay.

WARNING:Might contain spoilers and language that is inappropriate for some ages.Reader discretion is advised.I don't take any blame if this offends you in some way.

NOTE:I said:"We all know about the glorious Ming Dynasty,which is the ruling dynasty of China even today" because the "storyteller"narrates this one a few years after these events happened.The Ming Dynasty, also Empire of the Great Ming, was the ruling dynasty of China from 1368 to 1644.
The timeline I chose for 9Dragons is like 1610-1630 as I though the fire weapons used by the Japanese mobs in the game are already in a good state

I. A Land called Yang

1.How It All Started
2.The Quest Begins
3.The Hard Choice
4.The Journey Starts
5.Big Names , Small Legacy
6.The Depths of His Mind
7.The Son of The Vagabond and The Lone Hero
8.The Ascension of Vagabond Army in The Land
9.Shen Mo , The Evil God
10.The Fall of Golden Coins
11.A Fresh New Guild
12.The answer lies deep down

II. Legacy

1.Bonds Of Blood
2.Hate And Anger
3.The Root Of All Evil
4.Brotherhood
5.Five Good Fingers
6.North Sea Icy Palace
7.Third Princess
8.War Council
9.Souls
10.Pain
11.The Name Is...
12.So Is It Written
13.Lessons of Life
14.Arrogance
15.Final Resting Place
16.The Longest Moment

III. A vagabond awakes from slumber

Foreword: A New Day
1. The new world
2. Tianjin and Tai-Shan
3. A linear sequnce of action
4. The Vagabond Argument

Last edited by Soul on Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:51 pm; edited 52 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 1.How It All Started

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm

We all know about the glorious Ming Dynasty,which is the ruling dynasty of China even today.
Well,this is one tale I want to share with you,young inbecoming warriors of The Land.It is a tale about something that happened many years ago,about a young,unexperienced warrior,and the way he started in life,his friends,his enemies.It happened before I was born,and if you are going to search for someone who took part in it,well,they will probably be kinda old of age.So,listen very carefully …

This young warrior was born in the times of a great war,in a Land called Yang by The Masters who created it. The big war I am telling you about is called „The War of The Nine Dragons”.”What happened during this War” you ask me?Well,I won’t get in much detail because you will learn more about this war during the story.But some things you really need to know.To quote a recent book I had read:

„The Land was a peaceful place to live in.It is divided in two parts.A part is run by so called „White Clans” and the other by the „Black clans”.Each of the 6 Clans had a leader,but every three clan was loyal to an emperor.The White Clans to the Imperial Emperor and the Black Clans were loyal to the Infernal Emperor.The six clans are:
White
The League of Beggars,with their Dragon,Hu ShanShan
Shaolin,with it’s Dragon,The Immoral Monk
Wu-Tang,with Master Lingyun
Black
Sacred Flower,run by it’s creator and Dragon,The Mistress of Chaos
Brotherhood of Thieves,with Ji LongFeng
And Heavenly Demon with it’s Dragon and creator,Emperor Heavenly Demon,as his name is not known

However,there are three more Clans that have their headquarters in unknown parts of The Land.Some people call them „The Advanced Clans”.They were:
Union of The Noble Families,it’s dragon being Nangong Hui,
DIsciples of Iron Fist,with it’s Dragon and creator,Jun Weiming,
And a clan where the most scary and demonic stories were born.Why?because it’s leader,The Thunder Emperor,as he was called,was said to be a real demon in a man’s body.And his clan was named „The Black Dragon Clan”.

And the so-called Tenth Dragon,The Vagabond,who,obiouvsly had no clan and held no alliance to anyone.He is the man known to end the War.”

And this is all I’m telling you,because,as I said earlier,you will learn everything during the story.Let's start:

This young boy was born in a small,peaceful place.Few houses and few people…This place is known as Bamboo Village.Back then,it was very peaceful,bandits were actually not that bad at all.They really used to help people there.

It was after the great battle that ended the War,the first time when the young boy started feeling the pain and sorrows of life.He knew from an early age that he was orphanged when he was an infant,because the Wei family head,Chunxin,though it was better for him to know,but he started to really feel alone after Wei Huiliang,a young yet mature man who raised this boy from infancy,died during the fight.The suffering really had to stop…but it didn’t.He became really strained from other people after the shock he had seeing warriors carrying poor Huiliang’s bloodied body into the Village.Altough he was only 10 years old,he started cursing the people for not telling him that Hui died,and that he had the shock to see it himself.

The boy ran into the mountains crying,so he started by letting his rage out.He began by killing a wolf that attacked him,then he started cutting young trees with the small training saber that Huiliang gave him.After he calmed down and saw what he could do he went straight near the waterfall he used to visit with his young mentor.He wanted straight to the image of Buddha they carved into a rock,bowed down,and with his hand on the big rock,he made the vow:
”I now see that this world can be a very harsh place and unfortuntely,most of the people who try to change it into something good die.I swear to become a Kung Fu warrior,to protect my dear Bamboo Village,then the whole world to make sure that Huiliang and the other people did not die in vain…”.”I PROMISE!”,he yelled not longer after the vow.He stayed up there in the mountain and trained til the dusk when he ran home.Of course he ran,he was still a kid after all.He went straight into his room,not talking to Chunxin who tried to stop him.He took the drawing book that Huiliang gave him and said:”I promise you,Hui,you did not die in vain…”then he fell asleep…

Last edited by Soul on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:11 pm; edited 6 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 2.The Quest Begins

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 pm

Ten years have passed since the War ended.And the young boy outgrowned his so called ”rage”.Everyone knew him in Bamboo Village.He liked to help people when they were in need of something.He was a 18 years old young man.He used to visit Huiliang’s grave near the watereveryday and everyday he promised him that he will become a good warrior.

So,one day he was daydreaming…”I’m going to be a good warrior.People will always remember me as a legendary warrior.Everybody will remember my skills and…”

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond YT30r6x
”Still daydreaming,huh? ”
The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond J9tZrnh
”The last time,Mister Chunxin,the last time”.”how does that come?”the old man asked.Then he answered:”I’m going to visit Wu-Tang Shan and Song Shan today to choose a clan.I made a name around Bamboo Village,after I killed The Mountain Uprooter.I think that my work here is done,I will still visit this place because it is my home”.Chunxin:”That is very good,young man.Go,choose a clan and learn all of their skills.Learn powerful Kung Fu and become a powerful warrior.Everyone should remember you.But please,don’t forget about us,the Wei and Shan families.”The boy:”Never!you,good people raised me.I shall never forget you. …”.The old man smiled:”Of course,I understand.Be well,and I hope our roads will cross again in the future!”

So the young boy packed all of his belongings and went to Wu Tang Shan with only his rather weak skills and his training sword.

After not more than a month of strugglings of challenges,conflicts between clans and endless fights,this young man traveled back to Bamboo VIllage where he was greeted by a very surprised Wei Chunxin.

”I do not understand,I though you mre than ready to join one of the 6 Clans”,the old man said in a confused voice.The boy:”Well,Sacred Flower only accepts women,this wasn’t a big problem.But what about the other 5?I could not stand their conflicts,the 3 white clans are allies with each other yet they still fight about who’s the best.I could not stand with the grudge they have for each other.After I saw this,I moved to Black Clan area.The situation was almost the same.I first went to The Brotherhood of Thieves.I kinda liked their ideology,The Overlord is a man of honor.But it looks like they are in a constant argument with all nearby clans because of their way of life.Chunxin answered:"Indeed.These are our dear clans.I am sorry nobody told you a little more about them when you were younger.Anyway,what did you do next?”the old man asked[.”Well,after that,I went to Mount Yanmo.I quickly noticed that Heavenly Demon clan was not as bad as everyone said.They were all good people,people you can trust in need.But it was soon when I noticed they can be kinda freaky.Especially the fact that people become possesed by demons,and some of them were actually real demons.I don’t know what to do,Mr. Chunxin…”.The old man took a deep breath and talked:”For now,you should go back to your old room and get some rest.I will get you a few books and war journals from The War of The Nine Dragons,to help you decide”.

Later that night,the young man was sitting in his room,reading tomes and books about and from The War.He did not fiind anything interesting until he stumbled upon an oil picture.The picture showed a young man with a small beard,a beggar-like suit,a long cape,with a bow and a sword.The book identified this person as The Vagabond.”A man with no clan!”he though.”It is becoming interesting”.So he found out that this man came from a faraway land.He was clanless,yet he knew powerful Kung Fu,he was the one responsable for ending the War.The youngster continued to read interesting stories about The Vagabond until late night.When he went to sleep,he said to himself:"I know what I'm going to do"

Last edited by Soul on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 3.The Hard Choice

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 pm

The next morning,he went to meet Wei Chunxin and Shan Tiezhong.”Well,have you made a decision?”Chunxin asked.The boy:”Yes!”.Then,the rather young Tiezhong,heir of the Shan family,entered with a jolly voice:”Good!Our families raised legendary warriors in The Land.I see one in you!”.The young boy hestitated at first,then he took a deep breath and answered:
„I’m going to travel The Land free of will…AS A VAGABOND!”.The result wasn’t the one he excepted from the two men.They were nervous and angry.They started arguing with each other:”I know,I know,the young man made a hard choice.But you know who ended the war.We were both there,we knew him,we were friends.We know how this way is”,”Yes,I don’t argue there,vagabonds are good people.But it will be very hard for him…”
The discussion went up like this for like an hour.

Tiezhong and Chunxin approached him.Shan:”We think it is very good you want to start as a vagabond.We won’t stop you,but you will need some help first!We had brought you more books about The Vagabond.They will help you very much.Also,you should choose a weapon.Follow me!”.

The young man followed Hong to a room in his big house.He entered the room with amazement.There stood all types of weapons hanged from the walls.Sabers,swords,axes,wheels,polearms,spears etc.He though for a while then he grabbed a saber from the wall:”I will use this one!”,he said.Hong:”That’s a very good saber”.

The next few days,the young man gathered money,and went to all of the dispatched disciples in Bamboo Village,to learn every skill they could teach him.After packing up his things,he went and said good-bye to everyone one more time before finally departing from Bamboo Village.But before departing…”WAIT!”,he heard a voice from behind.He turned back to see old man Chunxin running to him with a big tome.”This is for you”,he whispered.”What is this?”,the youngster asked confused.”It is a forbidden tome.It can be read only by members of the family that wrote down on nit…”.The young one froze one the spot.”I only wanted t ogive this to you when you were ready.Listen,I knew your father and your mother.Your father wanted met to keep this secret until you were ready to wonder The Land”.
The youngster smiled and started giving some tears.After some time he whispered:”I don’t blame you sir.It is just that I’m happy to fiind aut about my real family.*sobs*.Anything else he told you?”.”He said you must only open it when you reach the place where your training will start,that means Shi Zhang or Zhengzhou.He also said that the tome is protected by a magic seal.You will only be able to brake the seal when you will reach the state of power that people call „Raising Light”.There isn’t much left.You are already „Opening Chi”.After „Opening Chi” there is „Revolving Chakra” and then „Raising Light”.
The young man then proceed to say with tears in his eyes:”Thank-you,sir.Thank-you for everything.i hope our roads will cross again.I will see you as soon as possible.”,then he left…

The man took the shortest path to Hefei.He bought what he needed from Hefei , then , he left for Zhengzhou.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Xnr9f8

Last edited by Soul on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 4.The Journey Begins

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 pm

So,the vagabond life wasn’t as hard as he though.Or,it wasn’t because he was only Opening Chi.He started helping people in Zhengzhou,earning their trust.He first fought against those suspicious travelers who were actually a branch of a clan called Secret Shadows.Being curious about this thing,he went to ask people in Lushan Village.People were aware of their presence around the village,and they also had problems with them.The manager of the inn told him that the Discipleship Headmaster was looking for someone who knows some Kung Fu to help the village with the problem.Seeing an opportunity,the young man went to Yinan,the Discipleship Headmaster.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Dxg5k8

”Greeting,vagabond!”,Yinan said.”I see you are eager to help our little village with it’s problems”.”Yes,I am!”,he answered.Then Yinan continued:”He,he!that’s the spirit young warrior.Well,these people of the Secret Shadows clan are a plague for the whole Land.We don’t know how did they appear, and what goals them.Probably gold,probably world domination.who knows?.They always raid our little village.You can’t even eat your food without being attacked.Merchants have a very bad time also…”.The young vagabond:”I understand.What do I need to do?”.Yinan though for a while then answered:”Hmm,I am not sure.There are two factions around the village.They are Black Shadows branch and White Shadows branch.They have their camp outside of our village.Perhaps,if you can ambush their camp during this night,then maybe they will cease their attacks.Can you do it?”.He hestitated at first,then he said:”If I can get some ambrosia and some good equipment,then it will be no problem”.”Good,I will talk to the blacksmith.I will get you defensive clothes then.Wait here.”.
“Hmm,I wonder how will these defensive clothes be”,he said.
Yinan returned in an hour with beautiful indigo silk clothes with heavy armor on them.”They had just arrived from Tibet,they should help you in your fight”.
In 30 minutes,everything was ready.He had the armor on,his saber ready.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond TDTAs0O

He then said in an optimistic voice:”Let’s do it!”,and he ran outside the village with six other warriors.

The next morning,the only thing that one could do was to vomit when going out of the village.
Dead bodies everywhere,mutilated.Pieces of broken armor.And the whole ground soaked in blood.One could see an army of Secret Shadows member running in the other direction.And in the middle of the dead bodies there stood our vagabond with his saber plunged in the ground and the other six warriors wounded next to him.

Everyone celebrated this victory,and the members of the small army were seen as heroes.Even they were having fun,although they were severely wounded,and one of them even lost an arm.
All of sudden,one of them:”LISTEN PEOPLE!”.And every head turned to him.Then he continued:”I swear people,th young vagabond is one great warrior”,then he pointed his finger to our young man.”During the fight,there were moments when we though we are damned,but the vagabond never gave up,and helped us pass them,always in an optimistic manner.And he was the one that killed their captain!”.Now the young vagabond started to remember about the one they called Great Thief Hua,he remember the fight he had with the damned man,then he said:”It was nothing,friend.We all did our best.Killing a single man does not make me the killer of an army”.The warrior:”Indeed,but must of the bodies out there were cut by your saber.You have charisma,and you never tried to give up.By example,when poor Aiguo was wounded,you took him through the battlefield to the doctor”.The vagabond now looking at Aiguo:”I am sorry Aiguo,I was not fast enough to save your arm”.Aiguo smiling:”If it wasn’t you I would have lost my life,not my arm.You really deserve thanks.A good and kind warrior,like The Vagabond himself.All hail for this young vagabond.You have a good soul indeed.You are a Pure Soul,a Vagabond Soul."The young vagabond thoug":”Soul?I really like this word.It makes you think about trust in people's hearts".He then said after a while:"Thank-you people.You can always count on me if you have problems.I shall now move on.Thank-you for all of your kindness.I am leaving now.Good-bye everyone!".
So he departed and went further,and deeper into Zhengzhou.

From then on,the young vagabond took the name of “Soul”.And after that big fight,he reached the state of power named Revolving Chakra.So,Raising Light was one step away,and Soul didn't hestitate.He wanted to learn more,and to become powerful.And The Vagabond Path wasn't easy,but he wanted to follow it.To prove people that if you want to become a good warrior,you don't need a clan,you need will,charisma and a good humor,of course.He advanced earlier than he expected through Zhengzhou.Without paying attention,he was already in Wuan village,where people were in constant fear of leaving through the jade wall that acted as a village gate.All of this because of damned humans,tormented souls,devils.These are the name the people used to describe the damned souls that attack every passerby near Death Valley.

Soul fought these creatures for a while,and convinced himself that people were right.By example,he fought against ugly men with rotten faces and no legs,with huge claws.Well,that isn't human.There were also huge men carrying spades,and even the tormented souls of some poor children.He though he should investigate further,everytime he wanted to do something he suddenly got the though”It is not my job.At least not yet,and I must focus on my training”.

Last edited by Soul on Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 5.Big Names , Small Legacy

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Days passed like hours and Soul was getting more and more powerful,even for a Vagabond.It was after three weeks of training when."Something seems to bother you these days,Soul.What is the source of your disturbance?",the manager of Baoyang tavern asked."Delun,you are the owner of this tavern since the end of The War,right?",Delun:"Yes,since my father went to live in Wuan"."Well,have you met any Vagabonds,before?",asked Soul in an optimistic tone.Delun:"Now that you mention it,I really met Vagabonds before".Soul:"Please tell me everything you know about them!please!".Delun:Take it easy,have some wine and I will tell you everything you want to know about the ones that passed through here".Soul ate some pork and drank the whole wine.He was eager to hear his tale.

"Are you ready?"."You kidding me?Of course I am",he responded.Delun:"Not a long time ago,there was a Vagabond that spent some time training here,in Zhengzhou.His name was Dobidon but he preffered to be called The Lone Hero,I don't know why.The last time I heard of him,he went into retirement.I don't understand why,he is still a young soul.Then is this woman,who called herself Vagrant.She was once the most powerful Vagabond in The Land.Now,only a few people know about her..."."Sad...Continue please!",said Soul.

Delun:"There are also other females.One they called VGP,which stands for "Very good person".And a young adeventure enthusiastic girl named Bliss.And,the most enigmatic character,and I wish you not to interrupt me and hear EVERYTHING before saying a thing,the most enigmatic character,a young Vagabond born in Tianjin to Hu ShanShan and The Nameless One,The Vagabond.Yes,I know what you're thinking and you heard it right.The son of The Nameless One."

"I must find him,I must really find him,ask him for advice."

"Kid,I don't promise you anything.I have a few sources,but I can't justify any of them.Some people say he dissapeared and others say he is still out here.I am not gonna tell you the whole story because it involves some strange things that happened to The Land and I think that powerful people should tell you.This will please you,he created a guild of people who didn't swear oaths to any clan.A guild for Vagabonds called The Vagabond Army.But,it was destroyed.As I said,I am not going into details as you must find out yourself".Soul:"So what do you know about him?".Delun answered:"Well,his name is Legend,he is quite a gentleman.If you really want to find him I suggest to look for someone dressed in the clothes of a captured Black Shadows leader.The clothes have been dyed in grey and red,he carries a Saber and a pair of Gloves.Also,he is known for his wise talk,despite his young age.But let me ask you something,are you really determined to stay as a Vagabond,despite people's insult and hard training?".Soul:"I am totally sure about this.This is a harder way than the others.Even if I am not powerful,at least I know this is the hardest way of training and I am determined to become a good vagabond and a trustworthy friend",he said in a motivated voice.

Delun nodded,then a smile came to his face:"Very well,if you are so motivated,I have a gift from Legend..."."A w-w-what?",Soul asked in an amazed voice.
"A gift from Legend.You see,I used to be a warrior myself,used to train in North Sea Icy Palace,then I fell in love and established my family there.I only stay here as a hobby,when family life sucks the vital energy out of me.I used to train with Legend.One day,he came to me and said he is going for training in Tibet,he gave me a locked silver box.He also gave me the key,and asked me to look around Zhengzhou if I can find any Vagabond with good soul.To find a Vagabond who is well motivated to stay a Vagabond,someone trustworthy,someone young,who can make good decisions.I have met you.You train hard and you are a trustworthy friend."

Soul was amazed and pleasantly surprised that he was getting something from The Son of The Vagabond.Then he realized:"Delun,how are we gonna get to North Sea Icy Palace?The road is long,my Lightfoot is weak and the creatures are more powerful as the road goes".Delun:"What do you think?Do you think I always go through the long road?No,It will be easy,we ae going to teleport there"."How is that posibble?"asked Soul".Delun:"Advanced Chi Kung techniques,trained hard,not bought from some merchant.Are you ready?".Soul:"Of course I am.let's do it!".Delun smiled,he started waving his hands,then he continued by doing hand signs.He took Soul by his hand and soon they were covered in some sort of a hurricane.Soul felt a strange tickling near his belly ring and he saw as they flashed through the whole Land.In less than a minute they were both on the ground.He started feeling a strange cold in his body and snow was falling on his face.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Qcdp3aP

He quickly went up and vomited.Then he looked around:Everyone dressed in warm clothes,selling their stuff,even a knight was there,flirting with a young female warrior.

"Come on already.You are going to freeze",Delun shouted at him.Soul followed him and noticed they are in North Sea Small Palace.They went up to a nice big house in the middle of the town.As they walked inside,a warm sensation went through Soul's body.In the main room he met a young,beautiful woman who was pleased her husband came home.Her beautiful black hair fell down to her waist,she was dressed in a red kimono with a dragon pattern.Clearly,she was actually a warrior too."Dear,this is Soul,a young motivated Vagabond.Soul,this is my beautiful wife,Mei".Mei:"Pleased to meet you,young warrior".Soul:"The pleasure is all mine".

They went further into the house until they came to a wall with something carved into it.It was an "X" painted on the wall,things like "Behold the glory of The Nameless One" were also painted.Delun did some hand symbols and the rice wall vanished into the air.Ahead of them was a pedestal with a beautiful and well taken care of silver box.Delun took the box carefully and handed it to Soul.The young Vagabond carefully got the box from Delun.His whole body was shaking."Legend is a good friend,so I took care of what he gave me.Anyway,here is the key".And so he gave Soul a beautiful silver key with symbols all over it.Delun continued:"As this is from Legend,I suppose you will take care of whatever is in the box and use it on good purpose.

Soul spend the night at Delun's house.They let him take a bath and gave him their best food and ambrosia.They had a great time that night,drinking wine,eating shark fin and conversating about this or that.Of course,Mei had to have less of the drinks because she was pregnant.He also had the honor of meeting their young son who excited listened to Soul's stories.He wanted to grow up and be a warrior himself.The next day,they had a great feast.They gave him a beautiful backpack,filled with food and ambrosia."I...I really appreciate all of this,but I don't think I have any way to repay your kindness".Mei:"You don't need to repay us,you are a good friend to my husband.We both see in you a future legendary warrior"."Thank you very much for your kindness and over-appreciation,but I should go now,I hope to meet you soon again Mei,and you too,little Dai".

Delun:"Let's go.I have a surprise for you,we are teleporting to Bamboo Village to meet your friends"."Wonderful,I can't wait to meet them",said Soul while grabbing Delun's arm.He felt the same tickling near his belly ring and this time,a sensation on being pulled from the waist in two different directions.Very uncomfortable.Soon he felt earth under him.This time he landed on his feet.In a few seconds his vision was clear and he saw the old Chunxin in front of him,smiling.Soul hugged his old master,who responded with a hug too.

That night,they had a party in the Main House.Everyone from the village came.Everyone was eager to hear about Soul's time as a Vagabond.By the time when the Moon was at it's finest point,he remembered about the box in his backpack.He gently excused himself and went straight to the old room at the end of the stairs.his room is exactly as he left it,very tidy too.He sat on his old chair at his odl desk.He lit a few candles and started unlocking the box with the key in his shaking hand.The first thing he encountered was a letter written on a parchment.He gently opened the parchment and started reading:

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond I4OFRzs

Greetings,young Vagabond.As this letter came in your possesion I suppose that Delun considered you the soon to be powerful Vagabond I told him to give the letter to.I am glad you are reading this,and I hope to meet you soon.Contrary to what people say,I am not dead,only that I don't want to attract attention.I would love to talk with you and tell you my story,I am sure we will become friends.Keep having your hope and don't take to heart the insults people adress to you for being clanless.If you ever feel like talking to me just send me a letter through the Official named Zhao Hantie in Hefei,he knows me and knows where to send the letter.The Vagabond Way is probably the hardest in The Land as we are not powerful enough to ressist most attacks.But it is a nice and different way of training.I hope you never lose your hope in this way.You might have heard that I created a guild named Vagabond Army.It is now over,but who knows?Maybe I will open the gates again for new disciples.And,I am not pushing you to death or something,but when you will be more powerful,be sure to visit my father,The Nameless One.Yes,he is alive and he is living in The Cave of The Conqueror at the fourth level.But I Warn you!Don't go alone,it is a harsh place full of strange creatures,fake clan disciples,and poisioned air.Maybe by that time,we will have met and I will be able to help you ge there.As for the other contains of the bag,there are things I'm offering you to become more motivated.These are some very good clothes I used to wear.I got them from a faraway place.They keep you warm during cold days and nights,but they also keep you cold during hot summer days and nights.They are enchanted so they will help raise your power,also,they are very beautiful made.There is also a seal in a parchment in the box.You have to put your finger in the middle of the circle I've drawn and say:"I'm just a humble Vagabond".You will like the contains,I promise this.So remember,send me a letter through the Official in Hefei.
So,as a common Vagabond farewell,Behold The Glory of The Nameless One!

He took out the clothes from the box and put them on the table.Then he proceed to take out of the box a small parchement paper with enchanted writngs on it."I duon't know what finger is he talking about so I will try with thumb".He put his thumb in the middle of the circle:"I'm just a humble Vagabond".The room was covered in good smelling yellow and blue smoke.In a few seconds all the smoke was gone and instead of the parchment there stood a gorgeous decorated saber and a wooden token with the symbol "X" on it"."What can this mean?I keep hearing of X about Vagabonds".He searched if there is another thing in there,like another letter which would justify his wonders about X but no,not at all.Nevertheless,he was happy.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond D7JUiut

They left the next day with jolly expressions on their face."Where are you headed now?",Delun asked.Soul:"Shi Zhang , I shall continue my training there.To get familiar with the Black Clans too".Delun:"I hope you like what Legend gave you".""Well , they weren't necessary meant for me , but they will indeed help me in my training",Soul answered.

They reached Hefei in no time.Now it was the time for departing.Delun:"Well , I will go back to Zhengzhou for now and I am looking forward on meeting you again soon , my good friend".Soul:"Me too and thank-you very much for your kindness.Say hello to your wife ans son for me please!"."He he , indeed.Good-bye and good luck friend!".

More days passed.He was just very bored.Until one day...

He was training in Shi Zhang."I feel like someone is watching me...",he though.Soul had the inspiration of turning around.There stood in the distance , a man about his age , carrying a polearm.He looked at Soul with a blank expression that immediately turned into a big smile.Soul responded the same way.He went and hugged his old friend."Tru , I haven't seen you since a long time!".Tru:"My friend,I am so glad to see you.And as I see , you are a Vagabond too".Soul:"Do you mean..."."Yes , I am a Vagabond too.Though I didn;t manage to go further than Raising Light".Soul:"Let's go to the tavern,I'm dying for some pork".
"
"*GULP*So what are you up to now , friend?" , Soul asked."Well , *GULP* , I am looking for this powerful Vagabond that goes under the name "Legend" "/i].Soul:"I am looking for this Legend too.I am going to send him a letter through the Official in Hefei , maybe you want to meet him too?"."You kidding me?Of course"".

They made a letter together , carefully choosing the words , then they headed to Hefei and gave it to the Official then they headed back to SHi Zhang to continue their training.In a few days , Soul reached Raising Light and he was finally able to read the tome about his family.Tru was out training so he had they room at the Inn all for himself and his future dramatic melancholy.

He took out the chest he had under his bed.Unlocked it and made his way to the bottom.He put it on his table , pulled the curtains and lit a candle.The tome's seal vanished in thin air.

"Man , I sure am tired after all these days.I'il get some sleep.I can read it afterwards".

And so he went to take a nap...

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:49 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 6.The Depths of His Mind

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:48 pm

The little boy stood in plain darkness...

"Hello!Who's there?I am scared".Figures were fading away in the darkness."Mom,dad,no!Please...DON'T LEAVE ME!"..The figures became more and more clear to his eyes:A beautiful young lady with auburn hair and brown eyes.Her eyes were identical with the boy's eyes.The man turned around too.Half of his face was covered in scars."You're on your own,boy!".

The boy ran in his direction and his eyes were full of tears:"NO!NO!PLEASE...DON'T...LEAVE...MEEEEEE...".His life was flashing before his very eyes.Memories,scenes from his not so dear past,were rapidly brought back into his mind.Suddenly it all stopped.He was running through the woods and life around him was going in a slower pace.Soul saw his reflection in the water:he was a grown man again.In the distance , he could see a boy...
Tru...
The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond E1u1XZm

Soon,he saw his younger self playing together with Tru and other children from Bamboo Village."Everything was perfect...".Soon , a young man with a pale face came out of a house...
"Hey kid!I guess you wanna eat!",shouted his old guardian , Huiliang."I'm coming , Hui.See you later , friends!".Present Day Soul:"I was so young , so full of life.I had no problems at all".

The scene remorphed.Ahead of him,she stood:Black hair tied with two buns,dressed in a red kimono.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond XVplDfD

They were chasing each other through the fields."Leave me alone , girl!",young Soul shouted."Yanmei , I said leave me alone!"The girl stopped,took a few breaths and said:"Fulfill your promise!I got you the plums for a condition..."

Soul approched her with shy and gave her a kiss on the cheek."Can we go now?..."
She took his hand and they took off to the Village.The scene remorphed.Soul's head was getting dizzy already.He saw his younger self again with Yanmei.They looked like they were twelve or thirteen years of age.Poor Yanmei had tears in her eyes,so did Soul.Yanmei:"So that is why I have to leave".Soul:"I don't understand.I was so foolish.I imagined us travelling the Land,being known as powerful warriors".Yanmei:"It was an unpleasant surprise for me too".Soul:"Yeah,keeping you here to be safe for thirteen years!"He was on his knees hugging her."Huiliang is dead...You're the only close person I have left"...Yanmei:"You have Tru".Soul:"But I need you..."Yanmei:"I am the only heir and I was in danger of death during The War.They had to hide me.Take my locket as a sign of our true friendship.Please...v...v...visit me in North Sea Icy Palace...".She hugged him before being covered in a blue aura and dissapearing with her guardian.

"Me neither *sobs*...Princess..."

The images faded and everything became empty.A figure came out of the shadows:

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Dqrhv8

Soul immediately woke up all sweat.He started searching among his belongings.At the bottom of his backpack he found a small golden box.He opened it to reveal a jade locket with descriptions inside.The vow of their friendship.He put it around his neck then lit a candle and opened the family's tome."I should have done this earlier" , he said to himself.He listened to his father's message and started reading the tome.It had writings on the sides:

"As I am writing this I don't know what will happen.You opened it so that means you are my son.This tome contains a copy of my writings in my war journal along evidence on certain things and informations you might need.What will happen to me next I don't know.I am sure the tome was kept in good shape til' the day it was given to you.I trust mister Wi with my life" - Zhou Feng"

"So his name was Zhou Feng".He continued reading.The first thing he got were pages of his war journal:

2 June 1581

I am writing these pages in a strange phase.I am worried about my future , of course , but I am also happy about how things turned to be.Luckily , my family is not like the noble ones.I can be with whoever I want.I have started a relationship with my dear Meixiang.The girl I have rescued last year during The Sichuan Battle from being raped by Black Dragon disciples.

I am writing these as I don't know what to do to calm down myself.The secrets of my family shall never be revealed to the world or Thunder Emperor might take advantage and try to steal them.I will have to protect Meixiang if I will ever be going to go further with my relationship.

I don't know if I am going to write anything more soon as I have the habit of starting a journal and writing again after long time.

10 December 1582

As I said , it appears I have the habit of starting and not finishing a journal.For who shall read this , alot of things happened.We are certain that this war will continue for good as the relationships between clans are getting more and more unstable.Last day , Ji LongFeng led an attack upon the Imperial Wagon that was transporting war weapons and food to the Emperor himself.As a sign of peace he took everything and shared it with each of the eight clans.Jun Weiming , The Iron Fist , suggested him to send some tribute to Thunder Emperor as a sign of peace.

We all know that Ji LongFeng is a man of honor but he did the mistake of actually trying to get in contact like this with the Black Dragon Clan.His messengers were murdered and their bodies were imapled and the spikes were plunged in the ground in front of his Clan base in Tai Shan.I have seen this punishment in some recent books about the Wallachian Voievod , Vlad Țepeș.However , Vlad punished criminals and other nemesises.This is not the case.

6 June 1583

Pages are already missing from my war journal , now after one year I started.However , I inform you it was nothing important.I am proud to announce that I have married Meixiang the last month.I hope she will bless me with alot of children.I want to teach someone my ways , to follow my footsteps.Many people have attended including Weiming and even Lord Murong with his clan Leader , Nangong Hui.

Zhongyang Langke , The Vagabond that I have met at the Inn in Tianshan last year , has been trying to convince the clans to stop fighting though it was of no use.He has already made a name for himself around here by the fact that he is a very powerful Vagabond.

I think this will be the last time I write something.I hope that one day , the lost pages will re-surface , so someone could remake my life on paper with additions too.I am going to a big fight that might settle this war once and for all.Meixiang has been crying about me in her room all day.She promised to be powerful and faithful to me don't matter what will happen.I bid you farewell and I hope that by the time you read this my family will be known all through The Land.Zhongyang Langke,Jun Weiming and Nangong Hui are waiting for me outside.I have kissed my wife , brother and parents , set things straight and now I am ready to go.

- Best Regards , Zhou Feng

He though it was over until he saw the pages continued after a long time loop.

8 August 1586

I though I was never going to write something again.To clarify some things you should know why I started writing after three years.The battle happened in an old mine in Gubei Province.We fought and fought for days until all of our troops were reunited again , so were Black Dragon disciples.We started fighting again and in the middle of the battle , the floor collapsed and we felt in the old galleries of the mine.I was able to find and join a party formed by the 9 Dragons and The Vagabond too.For almost three years we have lived in and around the mines.We were able to feed off dead animals.In the end , we were like only one hundred of people that made it home.For the past six months we were struggling to get home.

I am very happy that Meixiang kept promise and she stayed faithful to me , she hasn't been with other men.Also , the next year , our first child will be born.
I will be dedicating this chapter of my journal to my older brother who was killed during the battle.I could not bury his body like it should have been done as it dissapeared during the collapsing.I went there two weeks ago with a Shaolin monk that burned some incense and he helped me create a memorial for him there.I hope he will rest in peace.He died for his freedom.

Note:My parents died a few days later due to fever.

23 April 1590

Some things will never change.Like the fact that I write something after a loophole.

This time I am sure that I will never write anything again.My second son was born in February this year.However , a great plague happened upon my Clan.A major massacre ensued.

"W..wh...what?Seems like the story is getting interesting".

The traitor was someone close to our family.I won't say here who for I will complicate my existance.Nevertheless , I had to send my two sons away.The little one especially.Meixiang will live with him for a while in a place where the evil warrior will never look oout for him.If he manages to find what he was seeking by the massacre , The Land shall know great pain.The war is finally over.Zhongyang dissapeared along the 9Dragons.I don't know if Clans are ever going to open the gates for new disciples and to be honest I don't really care.

I haven't mentioned anything about thisin the journal until now but I am a Wu-Tang Senior Blue Dragon and Meixiang was a League of Beggars Senior Dragon Beggar.She has quit training in favor of her family life.About me I don't know.I might continue my training as I feel the days of peace will not last for long.Zhongyang Langke , The Vagabond , dissapeared after the final battle of the 9Dragons.Rumor is that some of the Dragons died.As for the other , they are lost.

There is also another rumor that a boy was born to The Vagabond and Hu ShanShan of The League of Beggars.But I shall not research further.I feel like I have done my part.Good-bye and I wish the best.

"That means I have an older brother.He might still be alive".He started thinking about the odds when he saw another note after the last part of the journal:

NOTE:Son you were sent to live in Bamboo Village.Yor mother lived with you until you were three years old when she assigned her brother , Huiliang to be your guardian...

"Huiliang was actually my uncle!"

...You should also know that your older brother , Judai , was sent to become a Tao artist at Wu-Tang Shan.Seek the answers.Search for your brother and be close to each other.And don't worry , I have sent him informations too.He knows that you do exist.I did not give you a name.I wanted you to choose your own name.

Also , a year after you were hidden , another child was born.

"This is too much.I have two brothers?".

I did not name him either as I wanted him too to choose his name and I also did not want enemies of my family to find out about him.He was taken and raised by Drunken Moon and training on behalf of The League of Beggars.I think I gave you too much information already.You should understand that I did not know where my journal would end up to be.This is why I wrote these notes afterwards.I hope this tome will guide you through your quest.

Soul was full of anger , pain and also happinsess.All along."Someone murdered my family...My parents might still be alive and I have brothers.But most of my family...WAS MURDERED!" , he said after breaking a rice wall with his bare hands.

Just when he was ready to wreck up the whole room Tru came in and started holding him.

- Stop this!Tru said.

- Leave me alone you idiot!

Tru slapped him.

- Soul , what happened to you?

- Doesn't matter.Good night!Then he went straight to bed.

- Good...night I suppose.Tru said in a confused voice.

Soul closed his eyes trying to sleep and the figure of his father stood before him again:

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond ZiiOxpJ

"Son!Don't let your anger take you because of the past.Revenge is not the key for rest.This is not what I'm trying to teach you throught this tome!"

It then stopped and his anger completely vanished from his heart.

- Tru?

- Yes?

- I am sorry...

- That's okay.Good night!

- You too brother.And thank-you for letting me stay with you.

Then they went to sleep.Although Soul stayed up for most of the night wondering about what happened to his family.Who was his father?Is he still alive?

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 7.The Son of The Vagabond and The Lone Hero

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

After having a few weak wine glasses , Soul went and aplogized to Tru for being like that.He then proceeded to explain him what he did find out and about his dreams.His old friend as amazed."Wow brother.No wonder you were so pissed off" , Tru said.Soul broke the silence:"I know how we can find Son Of The Vagabond".Tru:"That's great news!"

"Alright Tru.Gather your things.We gotta get over to the Offical named Zhao Hantie in Hefei" , Soul said in an optimistic tone.Tru:"Brilliant , I was getting bored of Jinan anyway".

In half and hour they left the inn of Shangua Village and headed for Zhengzhou as the path would eventually take them to Hefei.

They arrived there in no time.The fresh air and nature feeling were not natives of Hefei Marketplace.Days after days merchants , warriors , working men stay here and present you their goods in hope of making money for themselves and their families.Whenever you entered Hefei , you had that feeling of joy.Not too empty not too crowded with people.You could find in Hefei everything you needed for decent living.The two friends approached the Official greeting him and asking about his day.Zhao Hantie:"Ah , I saw alot of faces since I started working here in Hefei.But I am sure I saw these clothes and Saber before.Soul:"You sure did sir.These clothes were handed to me by a Vagabond named Legend.We have a letter for him and we were informed you're the man we need to see".The Official though for a while then he said:"I can give him the letter or you could meet him personally right now".They both were amazed.

Tru joined the discussion:"What do you mean by ? " , he asked the man.The Offical responded:"He is right now here , in Hefei.I think I saw him conversating with the refinement master , Mo Tailan , a few moments ago.He is the man dressed with the robe of a Secret Shadows Master that he slayed some time ago".Soul:"Thank-you very much for your help.We got to get going so , Good day!

They then proceed to run to the refinement master like their lives depended on it.Soul was unconfortable.He feared that he might be arrogant or selfish judging that he is a powerful Vagabond.In the crowd of people they saw him:Secret Shadows Master uniform , died in some sort of grey , blue and something between crimson and peach.He certainly was young , like the same age with them.His face was worried as Mo Tailan was refining his weapon.Before they could get to him , he jumped like he excepted to be attacked.They both took out their weapons in defense thinking he might atack them.In fact , he did not even notice them.His happiness came from the fact that he managed to get wonderful 11 Gloves.

In the crowd of people , Tru put his hand around his shoulder:"Ex...excuse me?Ar..are you?Damn it.Stop this people , I'm trying to have a conversation here!Move you jackass!I'm talking to this fella"

Legend turned back and to his joy , he noticed they were Vagabond too.He then said:"I...I can't hear you.Meet me at Tomb of Lord Bao!Got it?Lord Bao's Tomb!"

"Yes!We got it.MEET YOU THERE!"

In five minutes they were all gathered there.They had a long talk together.They shared their thoughts on the clanless path , their adventures and even secrets about their gear.So Tru and Soul took the advices from Legend.Advices that helped them build their future True Vagabonds.Legend told them about himself and what is he doing.He also gave Tru a set of blessed clothes to raise his power.They both became disciples of Legend getting the epithet "True Vagabond".Now they had to live by the title."Well it is getting late so I should be gone" , Legend said.Both Soul&Tru:"What are you up to?"'.Legend:"He he.To come to thinkI am actually not doing good with my gear.I might stay in Jinan for a while with you while you're both training so I suggest that we go before nightfall".Tru:"Okay Legend.Lead the way!"

So the two Vagabonds returned to Jinan with their new friend and mentor until they will be powerful enough to teach themselves.When they arrived in Shangua Village they all realized they are out of money."I have an idea!" , Legend said:"Let's go back to South Pearl Lake".They walked back to to the lake which was very close to the village.Legend presented them the house over the water.A construction similar to a village close to them in Jinan.When they walked inside they were surprised to find the place neat with beds and dressers.Before they went to sleep , Legend casted a spell and pasted a seal over the door."If someone walks in with bad intentions he will be subdued".Soul fell with his head on the pillow falling asleep instantly.

He woke up the next morning with the sun rays childishly playing in the room through the bamboo binds.Tru and Legend were nowhere to be found.He got dressed up and went directly to Shangua to look for them.Just after he arrived , he crossed path with a man.The man bore no symbol upon him."Hello", the man said."Are you a Vagabond?".Soul:"Well hello!Yes , I am a Vagabond and I see that you are too.My name is Soul"."Pleased to meet you Soul.My name is Dobidon but most people call me Lone Hero".Soul was pleasantly surprised:"So you are Lone Hero.Friend of Legend and co-founder of the old Vagabond Army".

Lone Hero:"Yes.The Vagabond Army evolved from an idea to a great guild.However things did not turn out good.The problems were sloved though many people , including Legend , are not aware of what happened".Soul:"What?I don't understand what are you talking about.What bad thing happened?Why do some people not remember?".Lone Hero:"I am not the right person to tell you.If you seek the answer , you should become more powerful and venture down in the fourth level of The Cave of The Conquerors and ask The Vagabond himself.Judjing by your lack of expression I suppose you did know about The Vagabond.Anyway , I came here invited by Legend as we are going to discuss some important matters about The Vagabond Army.Ah , I see you were looking for your friend and Legend.They are both at the tavern already.Follow me!"

Soul did as asked and a few houses away there stood the little run-down tavern with big tables.Legend and Tru were having a pleasant conversation and the latter seemed like he was drinking his one hundredth glass of wine.

They all had a good fun that day changing opinions about The Vagabond Role and about it's pros and cons.By the end of the day , Soul was finished.It was not a habit for him , but judging the ocassion , he drank alot.Liquoir , wine and mead.

He went to vomit over nearby bushes.As he was trying to get on his feet.Lone Hero approached him.He was ready to tell him something when he decided he had to sleep.Legend used a skill to transport everyone to Nanjing Village as he though it will be funnier to watch the drunkards wake up in a different place.Lone Hero bought rooms for everyone.He carried Soul to his room and Legend carried Tru to his room.Just as they entered their room , Lone Hero said to a half-asleep Soul:"I had a discussion with Legend.The Vagabond Army shall re-open it's gates for new disciples soon".Soul showed a great smile followed by a laughter."Fucking wonderful!".Then he passed out falling directly on the bed with his head resting on the pillow.

Soul and True continued their journey together.They kept in touch with The Lone Hero and The Legend,this until the day they heard that both of them left The Land to travel to the western world.Both Tru and Soul vowed they would train and become powerful so they can possibly be great warriors by the day The Son of The Vagabond and The Lone Hero returned to China.

"Legend , you live up to your title , so does Dobidon(The Lone Hero).I shall train,train hard so I will be able one day to fight you,to test my strengh.Only then I will know if I trained hard enough.I don't know when the day of your return will be,but be sure that I'il be ready!".

Last edited by Soul on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 8.The Ascension of Vagabond Army in The Land

Post  Soul Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 pm

A year has passed since Soul saw Legend the last time.Many things happened.At first he was cynical about his future as a Vagabond as he was only Five Dragons when Legend left for the western world and he was already experiencing trouble training.But it all turned out good.He has managed to gather a few items that would help him on his journey:A Defense Set , a special set of clothes that seem ordinary at first sight but actually enchanted to protect one's body , a few relics , a new Axe , he switched from Sword to Axe and a very special Golden Dragon Costume he got from a monk of Shaolin Temple.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond 4RIrSIk

He also became knows as "Killer of Shuan Mian" , a damned minion of evil who was once a member of The League of Beggars.Legend once told him,that even if it appears you killed one , it's only temporary , they will be send back to Earth to cause havoc for an eternity.In a visit to his home village of Bamboo he also got his hands on a set of pills that raise back someone's stamina , only that he hoped he won't become obsessed with them.With all those things , his life as a Vagabond became much more easier...for the moment.

He also met a few interesting persons:Shiomi , a Floral Crown Vagabond , always with something interesting to tell , Roteiro , a Golen Blossom Vagabond with a relatively lazy persona(not lazier than Soul himself) and Myiume , the highest female Vagabond he ever saw , her level was Golden Lotus.

With the help of his Vagabond friends , his training became much more easier...for the moment.

One day he was training in Hanghzhou , finally having reached Sun And Moon and became a Master on his own.It was then when he got a letter to meet someone at the Liuheta Pagoda.He ran there with his Basic Heavenly Demon Lightfoot , not sure if it's the right way.Right then it rose almost like from the ground , the tall tower with it's courtyard."It's too quiet..." , he said to himself.He climbed the set of stairs with an easy unsafety.The courtyard showed ahead of him:The tall pagoda with two entrances , several gardens and two terraces with roof.One of them had a tea table with several teacups and a kettle with steam coming out from it.Someone was certainly waiting for him.All of sudden , he heard footsteps from the stairs.He turned back to see Roteiro , Myiume , Tru and Shiomi looking at him confused."You too?" , Myiume asked.Soul nodded as they all looked around the courtyard.All of sudden an explosion could be heard.All of them took defensive position confused.The confusion and fear transformed into confusion and joy as the sky abouve the courtyard only was filled by multi-collored fireworks.Out of the pagoda came none other than Legend , slightly sober and with a big smile on his face.

They all set down and had a good time , exchanging opinions about the Vagabond Path.All of sudden:"Attention please!" , and everyone turned to Legend.Then he continued:"I am proud to announce that starting from today , The Vagabond Army officially re-opens it's gate to new disciples" , before they could say anything he took out a scroll and a paintbrush."Five Dragons 1 is the minimum level needed.Everyone who wants to sign up come and write your name here" , pointing at the scroll.During the course of the day ,more and more Vagabond came to the pagoda to join the Vagabond Army.Some of them moderate level , others low.Others not even Five Dragons 1 , looking for tricking Legend into letting them in but he did not buy any of this.By twilight , there were like fifty or sixty Vagabond there , all eager to hear Legend's input.

He held a short speech about the life of a Vagabond and that we must stand united to be recognised as an official organization.As for the Holy Halls of The Vagabond Army , the way Legend likes to name oru headquarters , we decided it to be Liuheta Pagoda temporary.Until we find one or someone kicks us out.

And so , The Vagabond Army was rssurected with young and full of vigor people tired of Clan life and war.

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:54 pm; edited 4 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 9.Shen Mo , The Evil God

Post  Soul Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:08 pm

The Vagabond life seemed very good for Soul.Most of the days when he was not grinding we would find him training younger Vagabonds or drinking with his good friend , Tru.It seemed like The Vagabond Army was going to grow into something good.However , one day , Soul was about to find that his life as he used to know it is going to change forever...

He took the Golden Dragon costume and his axe and went on his usual business.He walked for a few hours until he arrived at Eastern Hill temple in Jinan.The Vagabond went to the edge of the hill , took a deep breathing and opened his eyes , Boy , isn't this place wonderful?"."It is , so I hope it was worth it to tresspass private property for this!".Soul turned around fast taking out his axe in a defensive state.Ahead of him stood two Shaolin monks.Soul:"What do you mean?I come here all the time." , "This land and temple was bought by Shaolin.Anyone passing through here will be killed or brought upon our leader.You are one of the lucky ones." , said one of the monks.Then the other one continued:You will be seeing our clan leader so hand me your axe and any other weapon you have".Soul though for a moment.He went up the monk , ready to give him his axe.It was just then when he noticed something strange about the monks:Their eyes were completely red and shining.Realizing what's happening , the young man lifted the axe up in the air...

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond A2hUS6r

Huge quantities of blood poured out of the imposter's crushed head.Before Soul realised , the other one was running up to him holding up his polearm.The started fighting.It was pretty good for a Vagabond.The fake Shaolin disciple was pretty powerful

They kept it like this until the twilight.Now Soul's axe was completely destroyed beyond repair.He ran up to the imposter , dodged his would-be attack and immediately kicked him as hard as he could in the face.The disoriented fake disciple caught one more glimpse of Soul before being kicked off the hill to his death.

Soul was breathing hard.All of his bones hurting , sweat with his and the imposter's blood , complete with a set of cut wounds on his now reddish destroyed costume.A deep hate was growing inside of him."Pretty impressive!", said a nearby voice.Soul turned around to the roof of the temple.There stood a man dressed in golden clothing and carrying a crow on his shoulder."You managed to kill my sleeper agents.I though there will be longer until someone would defeat them and their schemes.What a shame , you should see the collection of stolen goods.Actually it is pretty good that you killed them , I don't have so much space left in the pit for bodies".

Soul's blood was boiling inside of him , he could feel his heart ready to jump out of his chest.COME DOWN HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU , PIECE OF SHIT MURDERER!".A red aura was quickly growing around his body , his pupil becoming vertical and his eyes bloody red.He felt like he was levitating and to his surprise , he really was."Good , let the hate flow through you.Let the world know of your hunger for killing"."SHUT UP OR YOU WILL FIND OUT ABOUT MY HUNGER FOR KILLING!", Soul yelled in an angry , almost desperate , voice , "IF I DON'T KILL YOU TODAY , I WILL SOMEDAY.SO TELL ME YOUR NAME AND I...*COUGH*".Before he could finish the sentence , he noticed he can't move anymore.He was more horrified when he realised he is coughing blood and had a very bad heartache.The mysterious man jumped off the roof and approached Soul , speaking:"You are very special , you know?You have some hidden potential in you.Something evil , something designed to change the world as we know it forever.I knew another Vagabond that had something awfully similar but also so awfully different.You can try to avoid it as much as possible but one day it will eventually catch you.And who knows?You might actually change the world somehow.As for your question.I am a master of Dark Magic and Japanese Sword , I bring chaos to this Land with my Clan which will one day rule it all , I have the ambition of gathering powerful warriors to join my cause , I don't hestitate in killing children or women...I...am The Evil God , Shen Mo...

After a fraction of second , Soul felt an immense physical pain , like his whole body hurt more and more.Then he realised , he was engulfed by demonic blue fire.
He fell , not having the power ro ressist the fire anymore.Was this the end?

The next thing he remembered were the image of his father that told him to continue and the image of his sobbing mother.He then opened his eyes and realised he was looking at the roof of Liuheta Pagoda.Shadows moving around him.The image was getting more and more clearer until he realised he was looking at Legend's face."You're alive!", Legend said."Apparently", said Soul."How did I get here?".

Just then , Shiomi came out of the shadows:"It was already night and I noticed you did not return.So I went to your favorite place in Jinan and found you bruised and burned.I teleported us here with a doctor.It is a miracle that you are alive".Soul quickly rose to touch his body.It was hurting and most of his torso was covered in burns and wounds.Then came the doctor:"Alright , I shall clean you with these magic herbs from Beijing.They should fasten your healing and prevent any remaining scars.You should rest now.You'll have time to tell your friends what happened tomorrow.But if it happened in a fight that you got so bad , then I suggest that somebody stays here to defend you , just in case the attacker returns".

Legend decided to stay.The night went peaceful.Legend seemed to be concerned about Soul's state.He listened to the calming sounds of the night...

-Ugh , Legend , is that you?
-Hm?Yes.What's the matter?The Legend asked.
-You should really know what happened back in Jinan.Soul said
The Legend became curious;
-Are you sure about this?I mean , you are still recovering.The Legend told hima.
-I am absolutely sure.It was something very strange.I waited for everyone to leave so I can talk to you.
-Alright then , I'm all ears!

Then Soul started telling Legend all about his rage and Shen Mo.Legend listened in amazement.Then a long pause occured and Legend broke the silence afterwards:"Indeed , I know Shen Mo.I clashed with him a few times.And what happened to you sounds awfully familiar...Because it happened to me too"
.Soul intrigued:"How is that possible?".Legend:"Well , Delun might have told you , or maybe he did not.Ah, I am unsure if it's the proper time to tell you.I still have my doubts about it, I just feel it.I feel like everything somehow happened before and we're just re-living it.I have had these visions that worried me.As you walk this path and uncover more and more information you will eventually understand how did this happen.I will try to focus and fully understand what is happening.One thing for sure , you have to control the depths of your mind , to take this hate and learn to live with it if not eliminate it.Should it take control of you...Bad things shall happen..."

He did not know what to believe.What was Legend going through?Was it possible that his hate would overwhelm him and change him forever?He did not want to think about it for the moment.He went outside the Pagoda to get some fresh air.Only him and Legend were awake.

"Legend..." , "Huh?" , "Do you think this rage thing could become worse?" , "It depends on how well do you control it", Said Legend.

Right then , Soul could feel his blood boiling.A huge hate was covering him.He felt like he wanted to kill Legend there on the spot and gain control of the Vagabond Army.He felt powerful , he felt like nothing in the world could stop him.He imagined himself ruling over The Land , everyone obeying his commands.He would have transformed it into a better place , without monsters and killing.Of course people would pay with their mental freedom.Just then , all of sudden , he felt his wounds burning , thing which brought back his sane self."Are you alright?", Legend asked him.Soul answered:"I'm fine , just the wounds.I'il go and try to get some sleep".He went back inside and fell directly on the bed just after looking in a mirror:His eyes had a red tint and his pupils became vertical and he could swear that he saw a pair of yellow eyes in a blackish hog above his body.

"What's happening to me?"

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 10.The Fall of Golden Coins

Post  Soul Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

A few years later if you would have asked him about the worst time of his life Soul would most likely have answered "The time of recovery after my clash with Shen Mo"

He spent a few weeks in bed and more than five months to start fighting again.His closest friend was Shiomi.They went training together.

One particulary day they were both drinking some wine and conversating about ordinary things.''Hey Shiomi,ever wondered about the Golden Coins Palace nearby?"Shiomi turned around and looked at an upper hill:A grand fortress with giant majestic walls."How about some fun?".Shiomi was intrigued:"What do you mean,Soul?You are still recovering.You shouldn't do anything stupid".Soul:"Relax,you're a little tense.I say we climb the walls and infiltrate the palace.We could gather information about Golden Coins clan and maybe sell what we gathered to clansmen.".Shiomi:"Are you an actual idiot or only pretending?Clansmen get killed in missions like this.We stand no chance against them,you stupid!There's no way I'm going there with you"

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond LEGc7Je

Two hours later Soul and Shiomi were halfway to climbing Golden Coins palace."Out of all your stupid ideas..."."It will go smooth, just don't worry"Soul told Shiomi.She broke the silence after a minute or so:"What's this place's story anyway?.Soul:"*Cough*An orphaned boy that passed through all of life's bad events found out his blood transformed everything into gold.He bought the best warriors and created his own clan,a clan built purely of money.He is now knows as Golden Touch, The Alchemist."

They finally reached the inner garden.It was full of disciples.Sneaking behind walls they reached the entrance to The Golden Coins Villa."WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?".They turned around to see a bulky three meters tall man.Before he could do anything Shiomi threw her saber at him.The man collapsed after being hit by the handle of the weapon.Shiomi:"Nice going,Soul"."How was I going to know he would attack us?Anyway, I should take his uniform and infiltrate the villa.You were right, this was a bad idea.I should have never dragged you into this.".Shiomi:"We all do mistakes,brother.What are you going to do?".Soul answered her question after thinking for a while:"You go back the way you came.I will be good."."You can't do this alone.I...I will get help".This being said, she climbed the wall and plunged into the deep water.Soul looked at her horrified to see there were serpents in the water.She fought them off with her bare hands and got to shore safely.Soul smiled, "She is too stubborn to die, just like me", he said to himself.He took a deep breath and went inside the villa.

It was just after passing the first three security levels when he realised:"Am I this stupid?Am I doing this just for gold?Is this how low I have sunk?THe Golden Coins weren't a honorable Clan but I was not raised that way."It was too late to turn back but he could make things good."Why not try gather some information on them if I'm here?",he though to himself.

He felt like he was walking in circles and was about to lose his hope just when he heard voices from around the corner.He stood against the wall eavsdropping on the conversation:

Man:This is brilliant,sir.We couldn't have done it without your money.The legend about Golden Touch are true, your wealth is beyond imagination.

Golden Touch:I fell flattered, friend.But it is because of your mercenaries that we'll manage to pull this off.They've been giving me trouble lately.My only concern is that they'll become something bigger later.And we'll need to tighten our security.I don't want them spying on us.

Man:Indeed...The plan is simple, we ask them to join us.If they refuse we shall raid their little place and kill their leader as a warning.

Soul almost shouted.

Golden Touch:No, they have no actual leader.But that son of The Vagabond seems to be some sort of mentor for them.Without him they will be no good as army.

Man:Son of The Vagabond?

Golden Touch:Yes, Zhongyang Langke had a son with the Beggar Dragon, Hu Shan-Shan.Enough said, are the armies ready?

Man:Yes, the troops are ready to rally.Shall we join them?

Golden Touch:Yes we will.And about that warning, we should kill the one that infiltrated our castle before them.

Soul was frightened but did not move

Man:What?A spy?

Golden Touch:Yes,he is around the corner.Been eavdropping.You can come out now,son...

Soul did not know what to do.He wouldn't have wanted to be a coward.With hestitation he turned around the corner and faced them:Golden Touch was a huge, imposing man of about four meters tall.Along him stood none other than a fat rich man which Soul recognised from Hefei.A moment later, Golden Touch was not where he used to be but right infront of Soul.Before he could do anything he grabbed him by his throat and lift him up in air with one hand choking him."You shouldn't have been here today.Do you want your friends to die for you?I was about to go easy if you obeyed but now I think I will kill Legend and that woman friend of yours.".Soul:''"*Cough*You...You...YOU LEAVE THEM ALONE!".He felt the rise of that familiar feeling.His blood was boiling and a red aura was materialising around him,his eyes became red and his pupils became vertical.Then he said in a high pitched falsetto:"You are not hurting my friends".His aura delivered a shock of energy that thre Golden Touch a few meters away into a wall.Soul ran up to him ready to kill him.Right then he heard the rich man cry."YOU".The righ man left out a loud cry as Soul was slowly approaching him with his weapon ready."Stop crying and be a man for once".Soul lifted his saber up in the air when he felt an immense physical pain.He touched his torso to realise that his wounds were opened and he was losing big quantities of blood.

He collapsed to the ground and the world around him was fading away.He could hear a voice in his head:"Do you wish to live?"Soul:"What does that mean?".The voice asked again:"Do you wish to live?".Soul confused answered:"Yes".

That's when he opened his eyes and saw he was staying in the exact same place.Two other figures were there:Legend and Shiomi.Legend:"What were you thinking?!".Shiomi:"Leave him be, Legend!".Soul felt gianormously powerful he stood up and started levitating.No pain,no anger.The aura that was once red became blue.He could hear the voice once again:"I have granted you my power.No hate,just pure power.And I can do even more.Look up in your father's scroll and you shall find the answers.But for now,what will you do to him?*Soul looks at The Alchemist lying unconscious on the ground*.He was about to attack you and your friends.You might not have an oppurtunity like this later.".

Legend:"What are you doing?!.Soul was levitating towards Golden Touch with his weapon ready when he remembered that his blood turns anything into gold.He then did a few hand gestures and all of sudden, The Alchemist was raised from the ground into air.All of sudden he was engulfed in blue flames, identical to the ones that almost killed Soul.He screamed in pain and gave a final "ugh" before his body turned into ashes that were scattered by the wind.

Both Legend ans Shiomi were in shock.She broke the silence:"You did it Soul.You killed him.Now we gotta leave...".Soul turned aroudn to her with his eyes that emited blue rays:"You two, take this pathetic fat idiot before I do to him what I did to Golden Touch.This asshole was plotting with Golden Touch to kill us.They wanted us to join them.If we refused, they would have killed you, Legend.Take him and gather some of this gold.We might be able to buy new equipment, maybe give some to poor people and keep some of it.BUT NOT MUCH!Gold is evil, it transforms people in demons.These people are the living proof of it.And this place is the temple of all evil.Do as I say, gather money and leave."Legend:"What will you do?Right after that,Soul pulled out a big round object from a bag he carried all the time, a bomb.Soul:"I got this from a gunsmith from Liaodong.I will put it in the room where they keep gunpowder and fire weapons.

This is the most powerful bomb from the Western World.From a gunpowder room it should be enough to take the whole palace down.If not, at least most of it.Take the fat man, take Shiomi and take the gold.Teleport yourselves to Liuheta Pagoda."
Shiomi:"How will you escape?"Soul:"This new power I achieved is the only help I need in escaping."Legend:"This is madness.You stand no chance!".A moment of silence broken by Soul:"I made this happen.I am stubborn.I should have never put you up to this danger.Mother Luck was on my side and I discovered this plot against us.We need to keep the fat man alive for informations.If there are moire conspirators I will find out and put them to their place.Now you have to trust me.Leave!Leave while you can.I sense Golden Touch's army.They are coming here to get us.This is the only way we can do it.We'll do a favor to this Land.Without their leader, they are dead.Leave now!".They did as he asked and Legend teleported them to the pagoda.

Now that he was alone, he was a bit hestitant.Right then he heard the voice again:"Do it, I will help you."Soul:"Why are you helping me?"[i/]The Voice:[i]"I need you.Don't expect this too often.It's just that you can't be killed, at least not yet.And I also hold a grudge against Golden Coins.What am I, you ask?Read your old man's tome,search for the clues and eventually uncover the truth.But for now, let's get this done."

He ran up to the gun poweder run and lit up the fuse.It was now or never.

In the meanwhile, Legend, Shiomi and the rich man were back at Liuheta Pagoda.Shiomi:"I can't see him.He should have jumped off already!"

Then a huge explosion happened.The marvellous palace into pieces.Dense smoke was up all across Hangzhou with a tall reddish fire above the now dreadful shadow of what used to be a palace.Legend and the other Vagabonds were in shock.Shiomi broke down and started crying."I couldn't have made it so I found another way out.", said a voice behind them.They turned around and there stood Soul,completely unharmed with a shadow of the blue aura he had minutes ago smiling at them.They all ran up to him overwhelming the poor Vagabond.Shiomi jumped on him and hugged him as hard as possible.

They all had a last glimpse at the palace before it fell to the ground.

"Damn, and all of this because I wanted to do something crazy?"
[/i]

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty Re: The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

Post  Legend Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm

Haha, very well done. This was indeed a good chapter.

There's a lot I liked about it... Wisdom, as I'd call it, to know that money - or gold in this example - is poison and creates monsters we never thought exist. Your turn from anger to a power without hate, very good how it turned out. And the whole storyline remembered me a bit of Assassin's Creed - that was cool.

I look forward for more :)
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty Re: The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

Post  Soul Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:14 am

Legend wrote:And the whole storyline remembered me a bit of Assassin's Creed

That's where I got the bomb idea and the idea of escalating the walls :D

But I don't think I'il make my Vagabond go on a 22 years crusade to find all the possible conspirators.
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:44 am

Soul wrote:But I don't think I'il make my Vagabond go on a 22 years crusade to find all the possible conspirators.
Hahaha, understandable :lol:
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 am

It's very good Soul :)
You might start to rival Legend ;)

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Nah...
Legend is way cooler.
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Soul wrote:Nah...
Legend is way cooler.
Haha nah, I disagree.

It always depends on what one likes. To some, my story is better. To others, yours is better :)
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 11. A Fresh New Guild

Post  Soul Sun May 05, 2013 5:07 pm

It would take too long for me to tell you what happened next and I'm sure you would not want to go into details.To make it short, Golden Touch arrived at Liuheta Pagoda having used his influence to obtain a warrant to forbid the Vagabond Army from the Hangzhou and the whole province of Zhejiang."Should any of you, man or woman, dare to return, you will immediately be brought upon the authorities and be punished as such".The mad man's plan was to kill them but changed his mind when he realised that Soul knew the truth about Damned Spirits:"A damned spirit cannot be killed for good.They will always return from the other world.However, they do not need to eat or drink as ordinary people did and they were cold as cadavers.They are like walking dead.Since they do not eat,drink,breathe or so, they can be incapacitated.Keep them in an incapacitation state and you won't have any problems with them no more.They are not allowed to take their own lives."

Golden Touch knew his limit, but what happened inside the palace was unique.He knew he shouldn't try it with Soul.Most of his army was dead and his palace collapsed to the ground.All of this because of a humble Vagabond.The least he could do was use his political influence.

After giving them the order, Soul wanted to attack him but soon changed his mind as he was weakened and was almost sure he couldn't access that power again so soon.They wandered around the nearby provinces for some time looking for a place to stay.Soul found for himself a house in Datong.A little rundown place guarded by the Crippled Demon, a damned being.He killed the demon with ease as he was much weaker than Soul.He felt guilty for the turn of events and decided he will find a place for the Vagabonds.So he wandered the Land.He found a potential good temple in Datong but it was riddled with fake Shaolin monks.While he wandered Nanchang he noticed a tall castle that seemed abandoned.He trained there before."The Cane Castle".These words came to his mind as soon as he saw the majestic place.A place that nobody needed.It was perfect for the Vagabond Army.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond QDLn5XH

Before even realising, he was getting multiple range hits from behind.He turned around to see a man dressed in black clothes with a mask on his face.He knew that man was Lian Zhufan, Thief of The Land.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond H1ZhfZV

Soul was helpless having been paralyzed by the damned man’s attack.He launched another attack.Within a friction of second the beam was ”cut” by the sword of someone that position himself in front of Soul just in time.He turned around:”Are you alright?”.Soul nodded.”Can you fight?”.Soul:”Yes”.Without saying anything again the man went directly up to Lian Zhufan and started a close range attack.That’s when Soul realised that the man that came to his aid was a Vagabond just like him.He joined him and together they attack the damned spirit.After some minutes they were done and sat on the steps going into the castle courtyard.The man:”I am Gaiden by the way”.Soul:”My name is Soul”.Gaiden:”So, you are a Vagabond too.What are you doing here?”.Soul:”I was thinking this castle would make a potential home for the Vagabond Army”.Gaiden:”There is a Vagabond Army???”.Soul:”Yes, there are quite a few of us now.Why don’t you join us?”.Gaiden:”I never knew about it…

They sat together like this for some time then Soul went to get Legend and introduce him to the Cane Castle.As he thought, Legend was in Hefei and when he arrived he was more than happy to officially make the Cane Castle of Nanchang  ”The Holy Halls of The Vagabond Army”.Gaiden joined Vagabond Army and he was one of the bests.They shared ideals about the clanless life and Gaiden turned out as a trustworthy person as Legend took him and Soul on a dangerous mission in Loulan where he proved himself as a good friend and powerful warrior.

(Read THIS for more information on this event)

And after some time, many of the members quitted and joined clans, Legend was away all the time and Soul's best friend, Tru, was almost never seen around.Shiomi quitted too, she was too tired of the clanless life and could not advance.But she did not join a clan as other did.She liked the path so instead she decided to take her sword and go in a journey.The last time they heard about her she was in Japan.Myiume retired and went into the mountains.So Gaiden and Soul were the only ever active members left.During this time, Soul became closer friends with Gaiden and came to support his ideas about the Army.

And one day Legend returned having been completely changed.He became much of a hermit.He explained everything to them.He explained his displeasure with the clans' attitude towards Vagabonds and the way they were treated.He felt the Vagabond inward was still strong but was not as hot tempered as before.He didn't have the same skil or charisma.He felt like he cannot lead them to victory and asked Soul and Gaiden if any of them wanted leadership but both denied.

That's when he departed again.A few more Vagabonds came to the temple and became part of the group but since Legend was absent, they could not be added officially to the group as Legend had the list with him and Soul, even as a leader, did not have any privileges on this subject.This has been a problem for everyone there until one day when Gaiden broke the silence to Soul:"I had time to think and I want to accept the position as Master of this guild"."Heh, very well", said a voice behind them.They turned around to find none other than Legend.In the end, Gaiden became the Master Vagabond and his friend Soul, became his right hand man.They made a few changes to the guild.The master was called "Grand Master of The Vagabond Army" and Soul was "Chief Counselor of The Vagabond Army".As for Legend, they could not leave him to being a simple "Member" as he was the one that made this guild in the first place so he was given the title of "Vagabond Hermit".He spent most of his days researching and meditating, in the mountains or in the temple.You never knew if he was around or not.

Gaiden did not consider himself the Master.To quote him "I am only nursing the Vagabond Army until Legend returns".The real question was if Legend would ever return as the leader.

Nevetheless, Gaiden was a powerful leader and a good friend.He reached the level of power called "Immortal" so he was officially one of the most powerful Vagabonds in The Land along with his friend and fellow member, Takashi.

But things were not always good, sometimes they encountered problems but they managed to get through them.Eventually, Tru returned along with other Vagabonds and the guild started to evolve at least for a little.

But Soul's story does not end here.It has just started.

"Though the future is unclear and the road ahead is long, The Vagabond Army shall rise again" - Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond.

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Hehehe... That's a good one. Has some good parts in it :)
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 12.The answer lies deep down

Post  Soul Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:52 pm

"There cannot be true peace without a war.It seems like a paradox at first but it's the truth.This is the human nature.We are a violent species.Only through meditation will we be able to overcome our true nature" - Entries from Zhou Feng's journal.

The Vagabond Army knew a period of great blooming under Gaiden's leading.For most of the time there was peace, rarely was there a moment of conflict.Their biggest problem was still Golden Touch with his political influence for some time but then he went quiet, deciding not to trouble the Vagabond Army anymore."That one particular fellow, there's something special about him.Something almost...too powerful for a Vagabond", the Alchemist thought of Soul.

During this time our Vagabond was becoming more and more powerful, he was slowly reaching the power level of Golden Lotus.Meanwhile, Legend was still gone from the Land and Soul really needed the advice of Legend because his dark dreams started getting the best out of him.

One particular moonless night the whole nature was in a total state of balance and cleanse, the Ki energy of the Land itself was in perfect harmony...everywhere but the Holy Halls...

Deep inside the fortress owned by the Vagabond Army Soul was struggling with one of his bad dreams.
He found himself chasing shadows in an unknown dark place.Visions of blood, visions of torment and visions of death that somehow carried the same message: "We're out to get you!"
Seconds seemed like eternity in this cursed surreal place.He found himself yelling for help, he wasn't aware if he was begging for help in real life or only in his dream.

"ARGH!", he woke up.He was sitting outright, all of his body frozen with his palms sweating.He went up, took the carafe from his nightstand and started drinking water with fast, greedy gulps.By then, he was completely awake.That was his nightmare routine.That's the way things have been going for the past two years, ever since the day Legend went away.Only that this time it was different...

He tripped on something that wasn't even there and hit the ground hard.He didn't realize he was feeling dizzy at the time.

Suddenly, a voice echoed in his mind: "The answer lies deep down..."
Soul:"The Cave of the Conqueror" - The words that came to his mind without any apparent reasons.He went up again, it was strange, he should have become completely awake by now but all of sudden he felt like he was between a state of dreaming and the state of reality - reverie
As if he was being guided, he took his saber and his clothes and went outside, with the cold wind blowing into his face, he started walking to someplace he never knew - The Cave of The Conqueror
He took the shortest way to Hefei, slowly walking, not running.Completely ignoring the creatures and bad people on the way.They couldn't have hurt him anyway, the days the creatures of Nanchang outpowered him were long gone.

He slowly passed through Hefei and he was entering the Bloody Plains.He never enjoyed the place much, mostly because as a Vagabond he wasn't good in melee combat against clan members.From the distance, he saw the small building-like thing that was the entrance to the Cave."It's like it's sinking into the red sand", Soul thought to himself.As he entered the damned place he suddenly felt like he was choking.He rapidly channeled chakra into his right hand and hit himself on the chest with it.He could feel his lungs filling with fresh air.It was the Antidote of the Cave technique he learned from a tome he bought in Hefei.He never thought it would ever help him.After choking he became totally awake again but as he was breathing air, he was suddenly going in trance again, this drunk-like trance.Somehow, it was clearing his mind.He knew what he had to do and at the same time he did not know what he had to do.He unconsciously walked up to the fourth floor, still not knowing what he had to do or where he had to go to.He noticed the creatures there were much weaker than him so it was a relief.After walking around for a while, he felt each step getting harder and harder and he felt the urge to just drop down and sleep.

Suddenly, he saw someone ahead of him, in the distance: dressed in begger rags, complete with a straw hat, a water bottle, sword and a bow.At that moment he realized his mind must have been playing pranks on him because he wasn't seeing one but two of this person.Although the one on the left seemed more... "Immaterial", Soul immediately thought.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond SKjiVEC

Both of the men were looking at him.He slowly walked to them, with each step his vision becoming more blurry and blackish.After some steps by Soul the man that did not wield a bow suddenly turned around and started to walk to the wall.Soul suddenly hastened his steps, he just felt like he needed the man to help him.With each of the man's steps he was becoming more and more translucid.By the time Soul arrived where two men initially stood, the one that left was long gone.Soul was feeling drunk and dizzy, he did not know what to believe.He did not know for how long did he stay there, looking at the wall that swallowed the mysterious person, but suddenly he realized that "the other one" was looking at him.

"Are you alright?", the man asked Soul with a very slight foreign accent.He was a sweet-tongued person, for sure.
Soul:"No.I am not".Those were the only words he was able to say before finally falling to the ground.That's when he blacked out for good.

"Young One?Are you alright, Young One?Can you see me?"

Soul opened his eyes slowly, he could see someone looking down at him.

Are you alright, Young One?"

"I think so..."

He slowly started to see the details that made up this man's facial features - Legend kept asking him is he was alright.Only that, on second thought, he noticed it wasn't Legend.It was someone else.Similar yet so different.He blacked out again.He woke up a few hours later with that choking sensation again, the man was leaning against him.He hit Soul's chest hard.He knew the Antidote technique too.

This time, he became fully awake and aware of everything that happened around him.He was sitting upright against the wall.As he felt the cold wall touching his back he remembered the "other man" dissapearing."Was it an illusion?", he asked himself.The man gave him food and wine to drink and for a few hours he stayed there with him.The man kind of nursed him back toa decent state of psyhical power.
Soul:"Who are you, actually?".The man:"Hmm?", the man asked confused.Soul:"Who are you and what were you doing down here by yourself?You seem like a warrior but you do not seem to belong to any of the 9 clans".The man :"Indeed, I am a warrior.Indeed, I do not belong to any of the clans.I am just like you", said the man with a smile on his face, pointing out to Soul's plate that bore the symbol for "Vagabond".

"There is also another rumor that a boy was born to The Vagabond and Hu ShanShan of The League of Beggars.But I shall not research further.I feel like I have done my part.Good-bye and I wish the best."

"And,the most enigmatic character,and I wish you not to interrupt me and hear EVERYTHING before saying a thing,the most enigmatic character,a young Vagabond born in Tianjin to Hu ShanShan and The Nameless One,The Vagabond.Yes,I know what you're thinking and you heard it right.The son of The Nameless One."

He also remembered a letter from Legend where he said his father was living in the Cave of The Conqueror.

Soul stood up.

"You are the Vagabond."A long pause ensued then he continued:"You are ZhongYuan LangKe, you ended the Great War more than ten years ago...And you are also the father of Legend"

The Vagabond smiled, he liked the wits of the Young One."Indeed I am".Soul:"This is almost too incredible to be true.How can I know you are real and I won't wake up in my room in Nanchang?".The Vagabond:"Young warrior, even if it were just a dream.Who says that it must not be true?".Soul smiled.The Vagabond:"Besides, you felt the taste of rice, the sweet taste of Taishan wine and even the pinchy poisonous air of this place.How could all this not be real?I am as real as you are.And very much alive too".

Soul, somewhat felt relieved that this legendary man was alive.He pretty much felt Legend was like a Master for him in times of need and the ability to talk to his father about his problems felt like a big relief for him.He told him all about his bad dreams, in hope that The Vagabond could help put his mind at rest.

"I am sorry but I cannot calm your troubling Ki", The Vagabond said to Soul."Why is that?", Soul asked with a bit of sadness in his voice.The Vagabond: "I used to be able to help my son with his troubling Ki back in the days.But times are changing and honestly, I don't know if it's for the good.I cannot access your inner self.Sorry.".Soul felt very bad about it.Soul: "It's alright, Nameless One.I know that you would have helped me if you could.But I have another question for you, if you may."Of course.Ask me anything you would like!At least I could help you with some information.The least I can do."Soul, stood silent for a few seconds then he broke the silence: "Can you teach me better Kung Fu?"

The Vagabond: "Again, I am very sorry but I can't do that.The Kung Fu that I know requires a special level of knowledge and years of training and sometimes I can't control it for good either.As long as I know, there aren't any people willing to train Vagabonds in the arts of Kung Fu.Again, I am sorry."Soul: "It's okay, I understand.But I have one more thing to ask you.".The Vagabond:"Please do."Soul:
"What do you know of the Feng Clan?".The Vagabond looked at Soul as if he was looking right through him.Then he started looking amazed:"Say, is it possible that you are the son of Zhou Feng?!"

Soul smiled."I am", he said.The Vagabond:"Unbelieveable.Zhou was a great men and his sons were destined for great things but never did I imagine one of them would remain a Vagabond.Which one are you?No, let me guess.Judai?No?Amanojaku?". Soul: "My name is Soul actually.I knew my older brother's name was Judai but I never knew about the younger one.And both these names sound pretty much eastern.Is my family of Japanese origins?"The Vagabond smiled: "Indeed it is.But I must ask you a question.Do you know what happened the year you were born?".Soul started becoming angry again, like the night he slapped Tru.But he calmed down faster than he would ever think it would be possible.His heart was still beating fast when he gave the answer of "Yes"

That's the moment The Vagabond became serious and stopped smiling.They started a long talk about the Feng Clan Massacre, as it was called.He told Soul that he did not know who the murderer was, thus dissapointing the man the third time.However, he told him he would help him anyway he could.
"I do not know who did it, Soul.Believe me, I would personally want to face the killer of Zhou's family, I really do.The only thing I know is that it was someone close to the clan, might be even a clansman.Zhou never told me, for unknown reasons.I never got him to reveal the name because I dissapeared during the war along with the other dragons, and never got to talk to Zhou again since then."

Soul: "He showed himself to me in a dream one night.I know it was him.Where were his last known whereabouts?".The Vagabond: "Not sure, to be honest.I have a few leads.Let's just say that I know a guy who knows a guy who says a guy saw him in Tibet and another one saw him in Japan, in Osaka.It would have been too risky for him to return to Beijing".Soul: "Beijing?Is that where my clan was settled?".The Vagabond: "Indeed, it was close to the five noble families and also close to the emperor.The assassination of your clansmen might have been a political move.Who knows?I doubt he would be there, and even if he were, you'd have to trespass your way into Beijing, the gates to the city have been closed for over ten years.You can only get in with official business regarding the Emperor or the noble families."

Soul: "What about my other relatives?I know Judai is a Wu Tang and this Amonjaku, as you named him, is a Beggar.Are there any other members of the Feng Clan alive?".The Vagabond:"Not sure about the others.Your mother, Mei, I think she might be with your father.Your best option would be looking for your brothers for you know where they are.Then all of you should look for your father and maybe your mother.The best thing would be to all gather before you take action against that vile monster that ruined the clan.And about leads, I think your best option would be meditation."Soul: "I won't be able to meditate about it with my trouble Ki, it's almost like something is trying to block my Ki.But I thank you for your time, Nameless one, but I have to go back to Nanchang.They might be looking for me".

"I am not able to help you with your Ki, Soul...but there is another one who can."

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Hehe, not bad. Though I must say the "there cannot be true peace without a war" part is untrue, I must also say your narrative style has greatly improved. Some parts suddenly became a bit confusing (like the bold part), but all in all, it's very well done :)
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:50 am

Yeah, I know what yo're saying.I need to improve some of the parts.I was in a haste, kind of.I already edited it once or twice before you read it

The parts in bold are flashbacks and now that I went to past chapters I realized I must change some things there too.

About the peace part: peace without war, as simple as it should be, seems like an utopia these days.
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:22 pm

Soul wrote:The parts in bold are flashbacks
Ahh, now I get it ^^

Soul wrote:About the peace part: peace without war, as simple as it should be, seems like an utopia these days.
Just because they tell us to believe how limited we are... There's nothing war can do that peace couldn't do better :)
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 1.Bonds Of Blood

Post  Soul Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm

"I am not able to help you with your Ki, Soul...but there is another one who can.In the highest reaches of Tibet, on the highest peak lives the one that Tibetan people never talk to, there lies a powerful Vagabond.He has many names, one of them would be Durpaneus or The Sage Vagabond."

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond EPBxzvd

"I am not powerful enough to ascend Tibet", Soul said."The evildoers there would surely kill me".The Vagabond smiled then said:"Then train, my young one.Train so you would be able to ascend to Tibet and finally be able to overcome your dark thoughts.But such things cannot be done without reconnecting with your past and embracing it...Find your brothers".

Soul was contemplating the events of the previous night as he left the Holly Halls that day.He was walking to Hefei when he heard someone call his name from behind, he turned around to see none other than Shiomi herself."SHIOMI!", he exclaimed as he hugged his old friend.She returned the gesture then looked at him:"It is so good to see you again, dearest of all my friends.What have you been doing for the past two years?Where are you headed to?"Soul:"Let's discuss all of this by a cup of sake, shall we?"

Some time later, both were sitting at a tavern in Hefei, discussing their lives and adventures.Taking a glance at her attire, Soul noticed sadly that she had become a disciple of Wu Tang."So you are a Wu Tang now?", Shiomi:"Oh, yes, I had a period of  becoming distant from people, I became a loner, turned to gambling.After one cold night wondering around after having lost all of my money I rested and slept by a tree.I woke up the next day realising I was in Wu Dang mountains, having trespassed into clan territory.The guards wanted to have me killed and they brought me before Master Tianxing.Instead of punishing me he had me do chores for the clan and I started liking it so I prospected for the clan and was able to join.I owe Master Tianxing my life".Soul was speechless for a moment, then he said:"If you went through all of this struggling why didn't you come back to us?Legend or Gaiden would have given your place back in the Army."The girl looked sadly into the ground then turned her head up with an expression of grief:"I did not want you guys to see me as weak after all of this.I was ashamed.Shiomi is dead, Soul.Shiomi was just a girl trying to stand out, to be different.I call myself Hikari now..."Soul could not stand this anymore, he wanted to leave as soon as possible.Never did he think a conversation with his dear friend would make him nervous:"I have to go now, to Wu Tang Shan actually....I am looking for my brother Judai...".Hikari was startled:"Judai is your brother?!This is why I alawys thought he looked familiar!"Soul:"You know him?!"Hikari:"Yes, I do.He's my Senior in the clan.Why did you never tell me he was your brother?".Soul:"I did not find...It was not until...Ahh, does not matter.Would you join me to Wu Tang Shan then?"."I can't, I'm sorry.I was actually on my way to Liaodong.Tell the guards from the Eastern gates that you wish for a meeting with Master Tianxing and that you are the brother of Judai.They would most likely think you'd like to join their clan and let you talk to Master", Hikari said.Soul:"Ha, and what if they don't let me leave until joining their clan?Just kidding.I have to be on my way now.".

At the crossroads they bid their farewell to each other with a friendly hug."Good luck with your life, Soul.May the wind of change always bring you back home, you Stubborn Vagabond."Soul was moved, nobody called him stubborn before, it fit him.The Stubborn Vagabond."May you find your inner peace, Hikari.I bid you farewell"

"Oh, only if I could find MY inner peace... he thought to himself later that day.He arrived at Wu Tang Shan in the evening and checked in at the local inn.He woke up next morning feeling fresh and somewhat nervous to finally be able to meet his brother.He bought new clothes from the Drapery and went on his way to ascend the mountains of Wu Dang

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond QfWkiet

After some time he started noticing the Tao monastery that served as the clan base for Wu Tang, The Divine Sword.His nervousness grew as he approached the East Gate of the temple.The guards were two big men, he felt intimidated by them as he know that one wrong step could bring his death.His heart almost jumped out of his chest the moment one of the guards shouted "Stop right there, vile demon!".Soul froze in place, he was confused.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond OTaJRNJ

"Demon?", Soul asked confused.The patrolling guard also stopped and took a defensive stance.The other one, who went by the name of Longfeng, spoke:"Yes, demon.You're carrying a saber which is the customary weapon of Heavenly Demon clan, isn't it?"."Ten minutes here and already making mistakes", Soul thought to himself.He then spoke to Longfeng: "No doubt that you are a fine warrior, Guard.But you misunderstand, I am no demon.I am a mere Vagabond..Longfeng looked at him curious then said: "If so, throw me your plates".Soul took his plate from the necklace around his neck.A wooden plate bearing the symbol for "Vagabond".He then threw it to Longfeng that caught it too fast for Soul's eyes to see.Longfeng looked at the plate then back to Soul then to the plate again.Finally, he lifted his head looking at Soul with a stern look on his face.Finally he broke the silence: "What business brings you to Wu Tang Shan, noble Vagabond?".Soul smiled, he liked the way this man spoke, he spoke respectful even though Soul was much weaker than him.He remembered that Hikari instructed him to say that he wishes for a meeting with the clan Master, which would be a subtle way for saying "I want to join your clan".But since Longfeng spoke so softly Soul decided to be honest with the guard:"My name is Soul, I am submaster of the Vagabond Army of Nanchang.I came here to seek my brother, a warrior by the name of Judai".Longfeng:"Ah, so you are the brother of Judai.I am sorry, Soul, but we cannot let anyone inside of our monastery for such petty reasons.But given the fact that you spend your time climbing the mountain of Wu Dang in search of your brother maybe we can make an exception.He then turned around to the other guard and said:"Send word to Master Tianxing, tell him that a man claiming to be Senior Blue Dragon Judai's brother seeks to see him"."YES, SIR!", the other guard answered and immediately left through the big wooden gates.Longfeng:"It might take a while before he returns", "It's alright, I can wait", answered Soul with a bit of happiness in his voice, his voice suggested a fine limit between happiness and nervousness.He looked nearby and saw a a big tree with big branches that blocked the sunlight entirely.It was perfect for Soul, he went underneath the tree's wreath, ate some pork and finished it all with a good gulp of water from his flask.He drifted to sleep only to be awakened later by Longfeng: "Vagabond, wake up.The Master will see you now.Don't be late!".Soul got up, feeling dumbfounded.He washed his face with cold water so he could make himself presentable and then walked through the big wooden doors.

The temple was as big  as it could get, Soul did not have any time to admire it, he went directly to the biggest temple.Ascending the stairs he could see a very tall man with a long beard and long hair tied in a bun, both white as the snow.Master Tianxing spoke:"Yes, you may advance towards me, young warrior".Soul walked nervously towards the man, he was much more taller than Soul.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond AVBzA1O

"It's so good to be able to meet you, Master of the Tao", Soul said after noticing the greatness of the man before him.Master Tianxing:"You can get up, warior.Now tell me, what brings you to our great Clan?"."I came seeking my brother, Judai of house Feng.Master Tianxing then spoke:"Indeed, your brother is a fine warrior.Judging by the factr that you spend all your time ascending this mountain you must be more than eager to meet him.Soul:"I am, Master, I really am.There are so many questions that need answers.The master looked at Soul with a bit of sadness in his eyes, Soul noticed this and became worried.The master then broke the silence:"I feel sorry to be the bearer of the news, Soul, but your brother was sent a week ago to Nanchang, along two other Seniors.A spying mission to gather intelligence about the Silver Coins Mansion, that's the clan of Golden Coins' branch of Nanchang."Soul was buffled, "Not the Golden Coins again!". he thought to himself.He was enraged all over again:"Three of your Clan's seniors have been missing for a week and you did not do anything about it?!".The master was surprised of Soul's change of tone but he kept a calm attitude towards it:"It is not like that, Vagabond.The Mansion of Silver Coins is a dangerous place, the mission is so dangerous that we had to break my principles and collaborate with the League of Beggars on this!"Soul:"Wow, clans working with each other.This is new."Master Tianxing:"Yes, and you say we are doing nothing, you unschooled brat!.Soul felt a little ashamed for his behaviour, he was ready to apologize but the master interrupted him:"Of course we are doing something about it, maybe you'd like to help form a rescue party?".Soul:"Of course I would like to!He is my brother after all.Master Tianxing:"Excellent, gather your Vagabond fellows, I will choose some of my students to help.Meanwhile, The League send us one of their students that was inside the Mansion and survived so he is very valuable to our mission".Just as the master said this, the gates behind him opened and a man appeared on the door step.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond E1Pqs2O

"Soul, meet Amanojaku!"

It struck him like a lightning and words echoed through his mind, words like "Zhou's sons" or a sentence that he seems to have heard years ago even though he heard it two night before: "Which one are you?No, let me guess.Judai?No?Amanojaku?"[/i]

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:10 pm; edited 6 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond Empty 2.Hate And Anger

Post  Soul Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:52 pm

"B...b..brother..."

Soul was filled with amazement and nervousness over the discovery.Destiny really has a way of turning things.The two brothers stared into each other's eyes for a moment that seemed like an eternity then and there.It seemed like the whole world froze in place.Master Tianxing was as surprised as he could get and the man went through Hell and back during his lifetime so almost nothing could surprise him but there it was: two brothers meeting each other for the very first time, all by pure coincidence...or was it?

The semblance was there: same facial features, same build, had Amanojaku not been a year younger with a beard covering his face they could easily pass as twins.

"Brother...", Amanojaku replied.Even their voices were likewise.The silence went on for a few more seconds until both turned to hug each other at the same time.Soul could not believe his eyes and the situation.He came to Wu Tang Shan to find his Blue Dragon brother and instead of this he met a Vanguard Beggar that turned out to be his other brother.He was filled with joy but grieved by questions, suddenly having realised that he did not seek his brothers for being able to get over his hatred and grief.He seeked his brothers because he needed aid in tracking down his family's killer."We have alot to talk about", he whispered into Amanojaku's ear.Amanojaku:"We do, brother.I have so many questions".
Master Tianxing:"I am sorry you had to find out like this, Soul.I am getting old.The League sent out Judai's brother as help and while you were here I did not even realise the connection in my mind.I must be becoming senile by age.Soul:"It's alright, Master.I am sorry for being rude earlier.Please forgive my insolence!".Master Tianxing:"It's alright, Vagabond.It was a normal reaction of a concerned brother.He looked at Soul and then at Amanojaku:"You both know we must discuss about what we're about to do, right?We must gather the people for the rescue.Amanojaku:"We WILL talk about it, Master.But right now I already have alot to discuss with my brother, if you don't mind, Master".Master Tianxing:"Of course, we shall talk about it in the morning.Amanojaku, you can share your room with Soul, right?"."Yes, Master.I shall show him to our room"."Very well", the master said."I shall let you two reconnect.Be on your way, Feng brothers!

"Feng brothers" - It echoed in Soul's mind.Each time his clan was referenced he got mad.That strange burning sensation all over his body, his desire to do unspekaable things.Suddenly he had tears in his eyes and soon his killing intents would go away.He turned his back to Master Tianxing and Amanojaku to hide his tears.When he figured they'd be looking at him he improvised:"The skyline is so beautiful in Wu Dang mountains during the night..."
A few hours later, the beds in the room were empty and cold.Two tall shadows could have been seen resting on the roof of the room - Soul and his new-found family>Both stood in a dead-like silence until Amanojaku broke it:"I know what's been troubling you, brother".Soul tried playing it tough:"Really?Ha!What would trouble me?", by the end of his last sentence his voice had already started shaking."Do you know anything about secret branches of every clan, Soul?", asked Amanojaku.Soul was intrigued and baffled:"No, what are those?.Amanojaku then continued:"It is common lore across the Land that each clan has special members that possess very good inbirth abilities ranging from intelligence, perspicacity, logic and all similar qualities.Stories say each clan has a «special few» that are trained individually.They are mostly used in intelligence gathering missions, attack planning and psychological torture and..." "Where are you trying to get?", Soul asked nervously.Amanojaku:"Ah, sorry brother.Sometimes I go too much into detail.The essence of my words remains the same: I am part of the «special few» of The League".Soul was amazed and at the same time, a bit scared.He hasn't talked to anyone about his hate before and suddenly he understood that Amanojaku was special"You're surprised", Amanojaku said."I would be too if I were you.Don't worry, you're not gonna die.In The League we are very open about anything and everything.We're drunkards after all", he said with a happily voice.Soul was a bit angry: "So where are you trying to get to?!", he yelled.Amanojaku:"All of your hate comes from something you don't want to talk about it!It's all about our family!" Pow!
His words were enough to earn a fist in the face by Soul."ASSHOLE!You can't just keep it all inside of you!You must talk about what happened!".Another fist came in Amanojaku's direction.He was able to dodge it.This scenario repeated itself for a few times, each time with him dodging the fists. "WHAT HAPPENED?" *fist* "WHAT HAPPENED IS THAT... *fist* "THAT IDIOT KILLED MY CHILDHOOD!".His words echoed through the mountains, one could see some doors opening and disciples looking for the cause of the commotion."SOUL!STOP!", Amanojaku yelled."That's exactly what HE wants!, Soul:"HE?!", Amanojaku:"The killer...He knows everything.I can sense it.He is very pleased whenever you're angry.It makes you weak.It makes you...vulnerable...".Soul was angrier than before.He started looking all around like he hoped that he would see a mysterious man looking at him, grinning.Just the thought of this made him angrier."You killed my clan, you fucking bastard!You killed my childhood.DID YOU KILL HUILIANG TOO, JUST TO MAKE ME ANGRIER?!"

"Oh yes, I do.", a voice spoke inside of his mind.The words hurt Soul, he felt like one thousand swords were impaled into his body.The pain was even greater than that time he clashed with Shen Mo."Who are you?!Show yourself!", Soul yelled.The myserious voice suddenly seemed to come from behind:"I am right here!".Soul turned around but suddenly his vision became blurry and his retinas started burning.He fell to the ground.Trying to look ahead all he could discern was light colored clothing, almost robe like.The mysterious man stood in place a few meters away from Soul, watching the agonizing Vagabond.Finally, he started walking towards him.Soul was having a heartache and breathing became hard, he tried to search around for something that could be used as a weapon against the killer.He could not even talk."Amanojaku, kill him.Fetch me my saber" came out from his mouth as just a simple blabbering.The man was finally infront of Soul.He could discern some of his characteristics: he was dressed finely, with hair tied in a bun and he had - "a fan? Union of the Noble Families?!".The man spoke:"You are pathetic.You can't even touch me and you hope to fight me for avenging your clan?Pity..."'.That's the moment he lost his consciousness.He woke up some time later, cold through the bones, to the voice of Amanojaku calling his name.
As soon as Soul was able to walk again, which was three days later, they were both brought upon Master Tianxing that was very angry for their "childish behaviour":
"You both troubled the Yin and Yang of this sacred place.You are very lucky we're not having you killed!BUT you shall both be punished"
Both of the brothers felt ashamed for their actions and both were nervous because of this punishment that were to come.Soul:"I am terribly sorry for my actions, master.I behaved like a madman, I admit it.But leave my brother alone, I attacked him.Only I should be punished!".Amanojaku looked at his brother with amazement, Master Tianxing too."I am impressed", said Tianxing."You gave proof that you are not an immature brat, Vagabond.But still, both of you must answer for troubling the very own people that hosted you!".Anger could clearly be heard in his voice.After a short pause he continued with a normal voice:"Soul answers to nobody as he is a Vagabond...as for Amanojaku, I spoke to Drunken Moon and he agreed on my idea of punishment.You are brothers, it is forbidden for you to fight each other!As a punishment, you shall go rescue Judai, no help from The League or Wu Tang!""WHAT?!", both exclamed.Soul:"This is not moral!This is a suicidal mission.You can't leave this job solely for us!Judai is a Senior member of your clan.You can't leave him there to die!!!", Tianxing:"SILENCE!This is the way you'll redeem yourself in the eyes of Wu Tang and The League of Beggars!"

Ten minutes later, the gates of Wu Tang were closing behind Soul and Amanojaku.Both were descending the mountain in silence when Soul decided to break it:"We're not gonna do this alone, Gaiden will help us".Amanojaku ignored him for a moment then answered:"So we're off to Cane Castle?".Soul:"Yes, we are!".Amanojaku:"What state of power did you reach brother?".Soul:"Golden Lotus.You?".Amanojaku:"Wow, you're pretty powerful for a Vagabond.I only reached Sun and Moon but I am able to hold my ground inside.With your power we might even be able to defeat Golden Shell and Laughing Face!"."Yeah...maybe...", Soul was pretty much nervous for another clash against Golden Coins.He just hoped that his lieutenants were not gonna be as powerful as Golden Touch was.

Soon, they arrived at the Holy Halls of the Vagabond Army

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond HIrEm8A

"GAIDEN!", Soul shouted, a few moments later Gaiden did not come but there came out of the shadows none other than Hikari.Soul started to lighten up.Hikari :"Gaiden's not here right now.What is it, Soul?".Soul then started smiling:"We're fucking up Golden Coins again!"

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 pm; edited 8 times in total
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next