The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 5.Five Good Fingers

Post  Soul Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:01 pm

During the next few months after meeting his brothers Soul decided that he indeed needed to change his ways so he started meditating.He rose to the power level of Little Master and was almost ready to ascend Tibet, a thing he was looking forward for.
He finally realized that if anger overcame him he would never be able to uncover the truth about his clan's massacre."They were from Beijing, they were noble and they were close to the Emperor.It might be linked to the Union of The Noble Families for as far as I knew", he sometimes said to himself.

Soul woke up one morning with pangs all over his body."For a big rich city Hefei could afford better futons"", he said to himself.He got up, dressed in his clothes and left the room, too lazy to arrange the sheets.As he got out, the blazing warm sunlight blinded him with a hot touch.It was the perfect day to meditate so he didn't want to waste any time and went straight to Shi Zhang where he had his favorite meditation spot: a stone pedestal under a big waterfall - A stone so cold..."that my hands are wet", he said just as he arrived at the said place.There was a bear around but it didn't bother Soul as long as he left the creature alone.He looked around to be sure that nobody was there then started undressing.He took out his boots, his jacket, wristbands and hat.He left on his pants to keep a sense of decency.He put all of those in the special bag that he had bought a few days before in Hefei - a lightweight material bag greased all over with beeswax - something which made it somehow waterproof.He didn't trust that it would last for long so he was gonna hurry and try to wetten it as less as possible.He looked around one more time make sure that nobody was there and he entered the cold water.It was a medium swim from the shore to under the waterfall.He clenched the bag with his teeth and plunged into the cold water.Before he even realized, he was under the waterfall , on a part where water barely touched him.He let his bag in a safe place and then walked up to the pedestal which was in a perfect spot: a separate stream of water coming from the stone above touches it.He was getting into his usual position when he decided he did not want to get his pants wet so he undressed, remaining in his undies.But since decided that it would be impossible for someone to find him there, he took off his undies and threw them near the bag.

A few minutes later he was already drifting to his mind world as his whole body became more and more numb and, paradoxally, his senses seemed to have become sharper.
And right then and there he heard as if someone whispered in his ear."Excuse me, sir", the voice said.Soul did not panic when hearing that voice in his ear for he knew that it was just an illusion caused by his sharper senses, the voice must have come from someone from the shore.As he regained control of his physical body he grew ashamed of his bare body for the voice he had heard belonged to a woman.He immediately tripped off the stone and scarred his body on the right side."OUCH!Fuck!", he shouted and immediately regretted the decision.He just hoped the woman did not hear him.Before realizing, he was putting on his clothes even though he was about to get in the water, so he decided to put on only his undies and pants.He did the same ritual as when he came and plunged into the water.
As sunny lights comforted his skin he was greeted by a woman in noble attire."I apologize for my lack of courtesy, my lady!", Soul shouted nervous and proceeded to dress."No", the woman said, touching his hands with her left one."I did not want to interrupt your meditation session, Vagabond".Soul was a bit uncomfortable and he felt intimidated by the woman's presence.He soon noticed her round cheeks and unfazing beauty.She was wearing a simple noble attire, hiding her face behind a yellow feathered fan.Soul was amazed at the revelation he got."Noble Families...Could it be?", he thought to himself.Just before he could say anything the woman confirmed his thoughts:"I am of The Union Of The Noble Families..Soul:"Amazing, I did not know this clan still existed!".The woman:"We do.Usually, our ranks would have been for people strictly from the 5 noble families but given the uneasy circumstances lately we...""Uneasy circumstances?", Soul interrupted her."Is another war coming?".The woman was silent for a moment then she continued like nothing happened:"Given the recent uneasy circumstances we decided on recruiting among the most powerful warriors in the land.I was instructed to invite you to join our clan"."Me?Among the most powerful?On what criteria do you make this statement?", Soul asked amazed.The woman:"We observe certain warriors if they make themselves conspicuous to us somehow...""
Soul:"Conspicuous?Did you spy on me?What do you know about my quest?!".The woman was visibly nervous:"I...Does not matter, you must come to us, Soul...".Soul:"I am not going to join your clan, even though it is a neutral one, I am a Vagabond.So tell me what you know about my quest!".The woman:"Soul, I can't...You...fine.I told them I wouldn't be able to convince you to join us but they just wouldn't listen".Soul"Who?Who didn't listen?".The woman:"The upper ones, Nangong Hui, our clan leader and his associates.We wanna help you".Soul:"Oh yeah, if you wanna help me then give me a lead.Tell me where to look!".By that point he got enraged again.The woman noticed that and entered a defensive stance.The woman:"The knowledge you seek does not lie with me, Soul.I have no clues to lead you but another one can"."No no no", Soul said."Whenever I question people they always redirect me to others.You tell me what I have to do!".The woman then said:"Fine, you stubborn prick.Come to Hefei at night, the place that some people call «Vagabonds district».".When she turned around and started to walk away Soul immediately went up to her and grabbed her back.She turned around, splitting the air horizontally with her fan.This move immediately caused a powerful wind that threw Sou la few meters back.He landed on his rear.
"Never touch me again", she said.Holding the fan by her body, Soul could see that the area around her mouth was red, bloody and swollen.When she noticed Soul looking at her she immediately lifted the fan back to cover her lower part of the face.And so she left.

Soul was a bit shaken after his encounter with the woman but nevertheless, after noticing it was dawn he started walking to Hefei."What's up with this woman?", he said to himself."And what the hell should I find in Hefei?"

By midnight, he was already strolling around Vagabonds district.So far, no human presence there.He was alone with the night."Heeeelooo, anyone here?Hellooo!!", he shouted a few times, atracting only the insults of people that he had woken up.Demoralized, he sat down, against a wall, playing with a stone and looking around.Nobody was there.Nobody but him."Nobody is here", he said to himself.""I should go to my room".Just as he got up and turned around he was faced by a man.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 If38m8

"Who...who are you?", Soul asked before noticing the Noble's clothes.The Noble:"Who am I is not important.I am risking my life to help somebody I don't know nothing about."Soul:"Well sorry, I don't wanna be a burden for you but since you're here, I guess we can't change things, right?".The Noble:"Right...We could help you alot more if you join our clan you know.Soul:"I am the true neutral way, I am not bought by promises of money and influence.I won't join any clan, no matter how neutral they pretend to be".The Noble:"Fine, I get it.But this way I will be able to tell you just some small intel.I know the man you're hunting!".Soul could feel something.It wasn't that familiar hate feeling, this was good.He felt some sort of childish excitement.Something like...he urged to kill.
"Tell me all about it", Soul said.The Noble:"Well, that's the thing...Telling you those things.It's classified info.You'll have to join our clan".Soul:"THIS IS BULLSHIT!What are you trying to pull here?!", Soul said."You're gonna hide this away from me?Do you think you stand a chance?".The arrogance of the noble started t osurface."Yes!", he said."If you want to be more powerful and be able to achieve greatness join a fucking clan!This is classified information, regardless of your position, Feng!".
Soul was a bit baffled for he called him on his family name.He did not let his guard down."Tell me who's this shadow I'm chasing.I already know he is or was part of The Union so you think you can hide his name from me?!", Soul said.The Noble was visibly irritated:"Don't even SUGGEST that he is still a member of our clan.Murder is a vile thing that we condemn!.Soul"Still?So you DO admit he was part of The Union!"".The Noble:"Yes, but that's my final word!"".
During his years being a warrior Soul learned to analyze someone to determien wether they're weaker or more powerful than himself.From his weapon, pose, and clothes, Soul was already sure that this noble was weaker than himself.It was going to be an easy fight.Soul:"You sure that's your final word?", he said as he grabbed the noble by the throat with his left hand.Then he proceeded to grab his leg with the right hand and lift him in the air.He immediately threw him to the ground as hard as he could.The Noble left out a gasp of pain."Eugh!You motherfucker, I think something broke"."Not yet", Soul said.Then he positioned himself upon the noble and took his right hand and broke his index finger.The Noble left out the biggest cry of pain Soul's ever heard.Soul:"You have nine good fingers left, wanna make it eight?".The Noble:"The Families will react if you kill me you filthy Vagabond!".Soul looked at him with false perplexity:"Who said anything about killing you?", and broke his middle finger too.Another cry of pain.Soul"Now, are you ready to tell me who am I looking for?.The Noble:"Fuck you!"".Soul then broke the thumb and the ring finger."Oh, you shat your pants, little baby?", Soul mocked him while looking at the big brown stain.The Noble:"FUCK YOU FILTHY VAGABOND!I ain't telling you anything!".Soul:"You're just asking for it!".And so he broke his little finger.Soul laughed at the arrogant noble's cries of pain.He then took a seriosu stance, turned to the noble and said:"You have one hand left.Either you give me the info or I will break all of your fucking fingers.One by one".By this moment, the noble was frightened and in pain.Finally he let out:"Fine, he was part of The Union, okay?!".Soul:"Go on", he said as he put small pressure on his broken fingers.The Noble"Ouch!That fucking Vagabond in Tibet can tell you!".These were the noble's last words before fainting."Durpaneus?", Soul said to himself.Then he got up and left.

"Thanks for your help!", he said mockingly

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 6.North Sea Icy Palace

Post  Soul Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:06 am

As he finally started feeling that harsh Northern wind blowing icy numbness into his face he started drifting off to the past - the cold numbness of this unknown land made him tremble at the thoughts of meeting of the meeting that was about to happen...Or so he thought.

"Here we are, North Sea Icy Palace.As beautiful as it can get", he said to himself while looking around the place.He started walking aimlessly looking for a town when he noticed that the creatures there were feral - their eyes were red and teeth sharper, ready to attack at any moment."What's this?Sorcery?!", he yelled as he was being cornered by white wolves.He took out his saber in a defensive stance, spinning around to take a look at the wolves and analyze the situation."One, two, three, four, seven, twelve".Twelve big wolves."This is bad.This is very bad", he yelled.He was being cornered and there was nothing he could do.But it looked like luck was on his side, it was easy to overpower these creatures.So he started attacking them - the wolves immediately responded by growling and biting, some even trying to jump on Soul."Fuck, I need something longer to fend them off.I need a pole or a spe...".He had not time to finish the sentence as he tripped and fell on something hard.He turned around to see to his horror that it was the frozen body of a Shaolin disciple."Argh!", he yelled.He soon noticed the disciple's pole, impaled into the ground near his body.By that moment, the wolves had already started biting his legs frantically.Soul started crawling to the pole, dragging the wolves with him.It hurt like Hell, being bitten by those feral creatures.He grabbed the pole with the both of his hands and started pulling."Forgive me", he said to the dead disciple."It's the only way".But he could not push the pole out of the freezing ground, it must have been there for a very long time.He fell to the ground to rest.The wolves continued biting on his legs.With all of his strength he clutched to the pole like his life depended on that thing and pulled with all of his force.The polearm started moving nad finally it was out from the ground.He fend off all of the wolves with his pole, even killing some with blunt force.From that moment on, it was easy fighting them as they could not reach for his body.A few wolves were killed so the rest just fled in terror.Limping on his left leg, he made his way to the nearby town, North Sea Small Palace, where he got bandaged by the doctor.

"You are lucky to have gotten out of that place alive", the doctor said.Soul:"Yeah, I knew the creatures of North Sea Icy Palace were docile.The Third Princess has alot to explain".The doctor was silent, with a gaunt look on his face."What's the matter?", he asked the doctor.The doctor:"The Third Princess, Xue Di, was banished from the palace.Somebody usurped her throne".Soul was speechless and angry.His former best friend, banished from her home.Soul:"Who did such thing?They should be punished!".The doctor:"We are not sure.All we know is that our peaceful place was plagued by his/her curse.Animals becoming feral, soldiers of the castle are all obeying this new leader's every command.We have no contact with the mainland now".Soul:"Maybe I could help.I could bring The League and Wu Tang up north to help".The doctor:"You?How could a humble Vagabond convince the big clans to help?So far, we sent dozens of letters and nothing happened.".Soul:"I have my ways, I could try.By the way, where is the princess now?".The doctor:"She went to the mainland to ask for help.The last time I heard from her, she was in Hefei"."Hefei?!", Soul said to himself."My good friend was in Hefei and I haven't even noticed her?!".The doctor:"You seem rather pale, are you okay?".Soul:"Yeah, it must be from blood loss.Anyway, I will try speaking with the princess and the clans.Maybe we could arrange something".The doctor:"Oh thank you, warrior of the mainland.Since you'll be around North Sea for quite some time now, you should look for a place to stay".Soul:"Where do I begin searching?"."You don't, you'll live with me" - a mysterious voice echoed from behind.Soul turned around to see a man, dressed in warrior clothes, his hair started greying around the temples since Soul last saw him."DELUN!", he yelled, hugging his old friend, the owner of the tavern in Baoyang, Zhengzhou.Delun:"Let's get inside, it's getting cold here".As they got inside Delun's home, he was immediately greeted by Mei and Dai.The young boy had grown a great amount since Soul last saw him, he was around the age of 10 by then.Soul:"How's it going, chap?".Dai:"Gooood", the boy answered then took off to meet him friends in the marketplace."Don't forget to dress warm, it's getting colder.And don't you and your friends dare to leave town, it's too dangerous!", Mei yelled to her son.Delun:"He's gonna be fine, he's a warrior, just like me".Mei:"That's why I'm fearful...So what brings you to North Sea, Soul?".Soul sat down and told them all about his adventures for the past two years, all about the Vagabond Army, Legend, Gaiden, his brothers and his search."That's a very sad story indeed", Delun said."But is it worth risking your life for this?".Soul:"It is, my dear friend.A whole clan massacred, I was privy of my childhood because of that monster.I am not a Hermit yet so I will stay here for a while, train, and also help put the princess of North Sea back where she belongs.And I need your help for most of the part".Delun:"Well I might be able to help in a few missions but don't expect no wonder, I haven't trained in some time".Soul:"Well, actually, your Chi Kung would come in handy.Your teleportation technique".Delun was surprised."My teleportation technique?".Soul:"Yeah, it would be easier like that to travel between regions and ask for help from people.What's the matter?".Delun looked kind of sad."The thing is...", he said."The thing is I'm getting old, Soul.My technique is not as good as it was before.I can probably still take you and me around for some time but don't expect me to be able to get an army here".Soul:"I don't expect you to get an army here but it would be easier for both, instead of travelling to al lthese places.It would be faster".Delun:"Phew.Alright, I'il help you out.But first, you should check with that knight, Wulan".Soul:"That cynical guy around the marketplace?What would I have to do with him?".Delun:"Rumor is, he was engaged to the Princess".It came as a bit of sad news for Soul but he did not let his friends see this.Instead he said with his normal voice:"And what's up with that?I heard rumors too, Delun.From what I heard from the people, the princess was engaged to her guard's captain".Delun:"Yes, we don't know for sure but Wulan and the captain put their differences behind and now work together in bringing order back to the Palace.The captain is bringing intel from inside the palace and Xue Di instructed Wulan on leading this small rebellion in secret.Isn't it wonderful?".Soul wasn't impressed."Yes, it is", he lied to Delun.Delun:"So, you should talk to Wulan and find out what needs to be done"."What needs to be done is bringing the princess back here to raise the people's morale!", Soul yelled.Delun:"Don't be so angry, Vagabond!The princess can't come back.She was banished.Should the people from the palace find out the princess is back they will kill all of us, and her.And why do you act like the princess is some kind of old friend?".Soul:"BECAUSE SHE IS!".Delun:"What?!".Soul then calmed down and proceeded to tell Delun and Mei the story of how a little girl from Bamboo Village named Yanmei turned out to be the heir of the throne of North Sea Icy Palace, under disguise.

"Well fuuuck me", Delun said."You were friends with the princess.No wonder you're so angry about this whole situation".Soul was speechless so Delun continued talking:"Want my advice?Let's ignore that cocky Wulan for now.Let's see if we can get the clans to help".Soul:"Sorry, but I do not agree...:.Delun was surprised."Why?", he asked Soul.The vagabond answered:"If Xue Di instructed Wulan to lead this, he must know what he's doing.We must listen to his commands".His friend seemed visibly irritated by the prospect of working with Wulan.Soul:"What is that you have against this knight?".Mei:"He stole his girlfriend when he was a teenager", she said giggling.Delun:"MEI!Fine, but he was an asshole and probably still is!"."Well he stole my girlfriend when I was a kid", Soul thought to himself.Then he said:"You must put your differences behind.This is childish!".Mei:"Exactly, my dear.Or would you prefer that sweetheart from Xuexia instead of me?".Delun:"No no no, of course not.Meh, maybe you're both right"."So we should go out there, speak with Wulan and start the good work.Xue Di is now in Hefei aimlessly looking for warriors in the wrong place.Come on!", Soul said.Delun:"Fine, fine.Sweetie, we're going to do something utterly stupid and dangerous, we might get killed.So, see you later".Soul felt pretty weird about Delun's words."I guess we mainlanders have different standars", he thought to himself.As they entered the market, they saw him from the distance: red clothes, a sword in his hand and the coldest white-blue eyes Soul's ever seen.Delun:"Greetings, Wulan!".Wulan:"Delun?I never expected you talking to me.I was under the impression you hate me for something".Delun was shaking a little, the conversation was uncomfortable for him but he gave in."What would I have against you, Wulan?It's just that up until recent I was more preoccupied with family life.Now Soul here came from the mainland offering his help and since he's my friend I decided I shouldn't let him have all the fun".Wulan fixed Soul with his look - "The coldest but still saddest icy eyes I have ever seen"

"I see you're carrying both a pole AND a saber.Which clan are you from?Shaolin or Heavenly Demon?".Soul almsot forgot about the pole he took from the dead disciple.He turned around to Delun and said:"Friend, I told you about how I was attacked by wolves.I need a favor done"."What favor?", Delun asked.Soul:"Take the weapon back to the dead Shaolin.Or bring his body into the village.Just do something so his soul could rest in peace.Build a burial ground around him with stones.I don't know, just don't let him there.I have a bad feeling about it!".Delun nodded."Indeed, I'm gonna see what needs to be done about that.Soul, tell Wulan everything you know and fill me about what I have to do", and so Delun took it off to the constable to inform him of the mainlander's demise."So, are you a Heavenly Demon then?", Wulan asked, his voice as cold as his eyes.Soul:"No, I am but a Vagabond".

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Mwrvnr

Wulan was surprised."A Vagabond?We don't see many of those around here.But you seem pretty powerful for a Vagabond".Soul felt good for these words.So Wulan wasn't as cold as Soul thought he was.Wulan:"What can a Vagabond do to help us?".Soul:"Well, Delun said you always send letter to the clans, asking for help with no response.You want my humble opinion?I think the pigeons are being hunted down by archers of the Palace".Wulan was surprised."Of course!", he said."How could I have been so foolish, it makes sense.We need to send people to ask for help, I don't think the clans listen to the princess.Most of these guys are mysoginistc idiots".Soul:"Well, I have a good stance with both Wu Tang and The League of Beggars.Maybe I could go and ask for their help".Wulan:"You could do that, I'm going to assign Delun to do some missions, scouting, gathering intel, we are on the verge of entering the palace.It looks like the evildoer is the self-proclaimed North Sea Queen, an enchantress.She entered the palace as a maid and manipulated everyone to fall to her spells...This including the former queen, Xue Di's mother and both of her sisters...and the Spirit Leaders too".Soul:"Spirit Leaders?I have no knowledge of those".Wulan:"Four very powerful women, close to Xue Di.And I fear that the only way of freeing these people's spirits is by death...".Soul fel sad."Anyway, I should get Delun and get to Tianjin and Wu Tang Shan, right?", Soul said."Actually, I would want Delun around.To weaken the palace's power, we must destroy the Spirit Leaders and Delun's been documenting them.They scout certain areas and...Oh, I should stop speaking so much sometimes.Thing is, I need you to talk to the clans.Since you are a mainlander, they won't listen to you, since the princess is a woman, they won't listen to her.But together, you can make yourselves heard!".Soul was nervous at the prospect of meeting his childhood crush again."So...will I find the princess in Hefei?", Soul asked.Wulan:"Yes, she must be around that big place".
Soul:"Yeah, okay.When we'll back what needs to be done?".Wulan:"Well there are still soem things that need to be done.We need to cut the palace supplies of fur, we need to kill the palace guards from certai nareas so we can make camp and I think the Frozen Captain reported something to me about a convoy of prisoners we need to rescue.But be on your way, if these things will require immediate control, I will put Delun in charge of them.Be on your way!".Soul:"Well, I will leave then, it's a long way to Hefei".As he turned around to leave, Wulan yelled at him to stop."Take those!", he said to Sou las he handed him 10 round, palm-size plates that looked like small wheels."What are those?", Soul asked.Wulan:"They are Teleport Vouchers.You throw them to the ground, they break and you say where do you want to be transported to.I gave them to you because we must hurry!"."Thanks, knight!", Soul said.He did as instructed and felt that old tickling sensation around his belly button.

He hit the ground hard and felt like he broke his nose.He got up to the smell of freshly baked food, alcohol and a general state of well being.He was not in Hefei.He landed in Baijia Village in Tianjin.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 7.Third Princess

Post  Soul Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:53 pm

He immediately got up, dazed and confused."How could I have arrived in Tianjin instead of Hefei?".He looked around, he didn't know any of these people.Best case scenario: he finds his brother.And there he was, talking to the peddler."Hey Soul!", Amanojaku said, waving his hand at his brother.Soul responded then started walking to him.Amanojaku:"What are you doing in Tianjin,brother?Do you want to join The League?".Soul:"Good joke!No, but I seek your clan's assistance.It's regarding North Sea Icy Palace and the civil war from up there...", Amanojaku:"There's a civil war in North Sea?I knew nothing of that.Do you want to talk to Drunken Moon?"."That would be nice", Soul said."Can you get me a meeting with him?".Amanojaku:"Sure, just let me get back inside, wait for me here.It won't take long".And so he took off, behind the big wooden gates.Soul sat on the ground, meditating and waiting for his brother.After about 15 minutes, the gates opened and Amanojaku emerged from behind them."Soul!Drunken Moon is slightly sober and ready to hear you out!".Soul got up and walked directly past the gates, inside the fortress that was the clanbase of The League of Beggars.He went to the left and went directly up to the tallest building, climbed the bamboo platforms and arrived infront of Drunken Moon, King of Beggars.""M'boy, come closer.Don't think I'm sober enough to hear you out?", Drunken Moon said between his hiccups.Soul:"It is a pleasure to meet you, King of Beggars, he said and then bowed down."Fo'get those stupid formalities.Git up ya fool!".Drunken Moon's uncomformist behaviour sure made it alot easier for Soul to interact.He waited for a moment and said:"We require your clan's help in North Sea Icy Palace..."."Is that so?", Drunken Moon asked."Why does the palace require our help?".Soul:"An enchantress put a spell unto the palace and the surroundings.Beasts became feral and bloodthirsty, the third princess, heir to the throne was banished.This so-called new Queen makes life hard for everyone there, some peopel are even starvign to death.And soldiers of the palace follow her blindly".Drunken Moon:"Indeed, we heard those rumours about North Sea.Unfortunately, we can't supply them with many troops".Soul:"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.And why is that?".Drunken Moon then continued:"Bamboo Master is already in Tibet, fighting the Black Dragon Clan".Soul was speechless for a moment."Black Dragon Clan?!", he exclaimed."First I meet people from the Union of the Noble Families and now I hear that Black Dragon Clan is in Tibet.One hell of a week", Soul said to himself.Drunken Moon:"Yes, those troublesome losers re-emerged in Tibet.They're making life hard for everyone.Rumor is, they even turned Miao tribe against the people of Tibet, King Liang himself being involved in this.This is why our troops have been stationed in Tibet.Hell, there are even disciple of The League that defected and joined these deviants, same for the other 5 clans.They have been spotted aroudn Dragon Cave Tavern".Soul:"Looks like Tibet's situation is as bad as North Sea's.Drunken Moon:"Indeed it is.But we will help North Sea.We cannot supply them with troops but we will send warm clothes and food provisions, as I understand the palace cut the towns' supply line".Soul:"YES!Thank-you alot, Drunken Moon!".Drunken Moon:"Don't get overhyped ya fool, your friends there will have to ensure safe travel for these supplies, don't you think the palace will try to stop us?".Soul:"They already are trying to stop us.Wulan the knight, the fianceé of the princess already sent pigeons before, asking for help.The palace scouts killed them using bows".Drunken Moon:"Sneaky little bastards, those palace guys.Don't worry, I will send supplies immediately.You should check with the other clans".Soul:"Thank-you, King of Beggars.You have no idea how much I appreciate you helping us.I gotta go and ask for Wu Tang's help".Drunken Moon:"Safe travels, Vagabond".Just as Soul turned his back and left, Drunken Moon called his name."Hey Soul!".Soul stopped and turned around."I almost forgot, I have a gift for you.I did not have time to give you something for helping your little brother in Mansion of Silver Coins but I found something"."What is it?", Soul asked.Drunken Moon:"Well we raided the place afterwards and found these clothes, they might have belonged to a beggar that perished down there a long time ago, we're not sure.Fancy as shit anyway.They might fit you, they sure will keep you warm in North Sea."

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 2nc3ncz

"Wow, it sure is warm.Thanks alot!", Soul said.Drunken Moon:"Safe travels, if you meet Bamboo Master in Tibet be sure to have a talk with him, I'm sure he'll have some work for you!"."Enjoy your drink!"[/]i, Soul wished him as he jumped to the ground.Outside of the clan base, he met his brother.Amanojaku:[i]"So what are you going to do?".Soul:"I'm going to Hefei then Wu Tang Shan to ask for their assistance too.Is Judai there?".Amanojaku""Must be.Want me to come with you?".Soul:"No, I'm sorry.It's something very personal to my visit in Hefei".Amanojaku was visibly insulted by Soul's words but he kept it under control."Alright, it's getting dark late, I must be back to my chambers and you must be in Hefei so I bid you farewell, brother!".Soul:"Farewell, brother.Thanks for your help".And so he departed in the wilds of Tianjin, he wanted to use the Teleport Voucher but he feared another unexpected outcome so he took the road to Hefei and walked

.In some time, the sun was almsot rising and he was back to his room in Hefei, falling on his bad and drifting to his dreams.He woke up a few hours later, the position of the sun made it clear that it was noon, he got out to Hefei marketplace and started looking for...he didn't know what he was looking for.He just guessed she must look like a princess, in expensive clothes and all that."Think Soul, think.What would you do if you were an exiled princess looking for aid?", he said to himself while wondering around the marketplace.Then it finally struck him:"If I were a foreign princess looking for help I'd be in the middle of the marketplace where I can see anyone and anyone can see me!", and he was right, she saw her, right there, near the fountain.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Eskal0

He froze in place as he saw Xue Di, as beautiful as she could get.He didn't know how to talk to her, "Hell, I don't even know if she'll recognise me at all", he said to himself.The princess was speaking with vigor."Please, warriors of the land.Please help me in my quest.The North Sea Icy Palace was overrun by some bad people.An evil witch usurped my throne and now the soldiers are killing innocents.If there are any good-hearted warriors that would like to help me, please talk to me!" - she was beign ignored.By everyone - This was Soul's first thought."Nobody is listening to her, they are too preoccupied selling their junk".Suddenly, he had an approach idea.Instead of walking to her, he casually went to the area that was behind her, just to not attract any attention from her.Then he sneaked up behind her, as light as he could, until he was literally blowing into her neck."I would like to help you", he said."Argh!", she was startled.Soul then got infron of her."You startled me, warrior.I'm sorry".Soul:"And would the good lady consider my aid in her quest?".The princess was totally clueless to Soul's identity.The princess:"You remind me of a beggar, warrior.But you carry a saber.What are you?".Soul:"My name is Soul, I am, or I consider myself to be, a powerful Vagabond".The princess was amazed."A Vagabond?I have never seen a Vagabond at such a state of power.Most of Vagabonds I've seen were just untrained warriors in Ba...".Then she stopped.Soul was happy for he knew she was about to mention Bamboo.Things were going good for him."Continue, noble princess.Say what you have to say".The princes:"Well, I was about to say Bamboo, I...I was there during an official visit and saw many weakling Vagabonds in Bamboo, on their way of joining a clan.That's where I met Vagabonds".Soul:"Interesting, my dear princess.I am a native of Bamboo Village and I have never seen you during any official visit there".She was a bit scared."Umm...Maybe you were out of town, who knows?".Soul:"Yeah, maybe.Dearest Bamboo Village, how I used to play with my friends there.I think I should visit it, now that I am so close to it.I have so many memories from Bamboo Village".An emotional barrier was starting to fade from the princess and she seemed to express her feelings more easily.She was a bit sad."Yes, that place was beautiful, makes you forget about your troubles.Life is so much simpler there".Soul:"Yes, life certainly is more simpler in Bamboo Village.That's why sometimes I think and I wish you wouldn't have left, Yanmei".She was suddnely shaken."How do you know that name?!", she asked scared and confused.Soul looked at her with the most honest and sincere look he could give.He looked directly into her pure blue eyes.She did the same, not speaking a word.She knew."Soul...my old friend..."

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 OY5HFem

"Where have you been?Where have you been all this time?!", she asked behind tears as she was hugging her old friend.All this melancholic happiness suddenly turned into pure sadness."Why didn't you come look for me earlier?!North Sea Icy Palace is a harsh place, the life of a princess is hard, I hated it in the beggining and I had no one to take care of me.My mother was very strict and my sisters did not talk to me because of some stupid ancient tradition, every friend that I had was banished from the palace, the Queen saying they would distract me from my true purpose, of ruling North Sea fair and just but she did not know that all of this made me grow int oa depressive person.And then she wanted to wed me to Frozen Captain, a man I despise alot.Then I met Wulan who's been the only kind person to me since I left but my mother thought he wasn't fit to be my husband.Argh!Why am I saying all of this actually?".Soul was speechless to his old friend's sadness."How old are you right now, Yanmei?", he asked.Princess:"I'm twenty two.Why does it matter?".Soul:"For the past 12 years I've been thinking about you.About the moment I would get powerful enough to get to North Sea Icy Palace and be reunited with you.Now I blame myself I couldn't have done it earlier.But mark my words, Yanmei.I will reclaim North Sea Icy Palace for you and I will kill the evil witch that calls herself Queen.I promise!".Princess:"Really?You also promised you'd wear the locket I gave to you but all I see are those ugly plate tags".Soul put his hands on his chest, the locket she gave to him wasn't there."Crap, I forgot it in Shi Zhang at the waterfall where I meditate".Princess:"Ah, that's alright.But what have you been doing and why are you a Vagabond?".Soul:"Does it matter that I am a Vagabond?This Vagabond just spoke to the League and ensured new supplies for the people of North Sea.And this Vagabond is just about to get you the warriors of Wu Tang to help reclaim your palace".The princess was speechless and with tears in her eyes."You did all of this for me?", she finally said.Soul:"Yes, and I am going to do ALL I can to see you back to your palace.But right now, I need you to join me to Wu Tang.My brother will get us a meetign with Master Tianxing".The princess:"You've got a brother?!".Soul:"Yes, it's a long story and I'il explain it on the way.Gather your things".

And so they started walking to Wu Dang mountains and over a course of like a few hours, Soul told her literally everything he's done for the past twelve years, especially his adventures for the past two years, the people he's met, the bad people he's fought, his strange rage moments, his clan massacre, etc.'Soul, you've passed through alot.I am sorry for complaining about my life.Honestly", she said.Soul:"It's alright, Yanmei, I understand".In a few hours, Yanmei, Soul and Judai were before Master Tianxing in the Wu Tang clanbase.

Last edited by Soul on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 8.War Council

Post  Soul Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:38 pm

Master Tianxing looked at Judai, then at Yanmei and after that, at Soul.Then he silently repeated thsi process a few times.He did not speak a single word while doing all of this.Soul finally broke the silence."So, what is the verdict?", he asked."Will you help us Master?".Master Tianxing:"Soul, what you're asking for is very much, more than I could provide.Soul:"Please, Master!The whole North Sea is suffering because Xue Di here was banished from her place.The new Queen made the beasts feral, alot of people died and might be even dying right now.We can't destroy her on our won.The League agreed to help.With their supplies and Wu Tang's soldiers we can bring an end to this reign of tyranny of the North Sea fake Queen.Just imagine what would happen if we don't stop this right now.What if she decides to seize parts of the mainland too?If we ignore this for too long she'll grow a force more powerful than that of the six clans!".At Soul's words, Master Tianxing became worried and meditated upon them for a few minutes.After that, he turned back to them."Soul, I think we might be able to help you".Both Xue Di and Soul smiled at the same time.

"Now that we got the support of Wu Tang where are we going?", Yanmei asked Soul while they were departing from Wu Tang Shan."We're going back to North Sea Icy Palace, of course", Soul said.That's when Yanmei stopped walking."What's the matter?", Soul asked."I can't return to the North Sea, Soul!", she said.Soul""Why not?You being there will surely raise the people's morale.Yanmei:"Alright, I am scared...Hell of a queen I am, scared of my own land.But it's true, those people from the palace will immediately have me captured or killed should they find out I came back".Soul:"The warriors of Wu Tang are coming up north to help, they will protect you.We shall establish our base in North Sea Small Palace, we'll fortify the place.Yanmei:"Are you sure you know what you're doing?".Soul:"Yes, people from the main clan will come to help.We'll ask for the support of other clans too.You being there will surely raise people's morale and make them fight better.It would be easier to get adepts for your cause if you are there.Make them feel like you actually are IN".Yanmei:"You're right, Soul.I must be there".Soul was happy and grabbed her hand.She started blushing."Be ready for North Sea Small Palace", Soul said as he took out from his bag the Vouchers."Are those Teleport Vouchers?", Yanmei asked worried."Yes, I know they sometimes work like crap but we can't go all the way to North Sea on foot".Yanmei:"Alright, let's go.By the way, expect some criticising from Wulan.He is the one who urged me to flee to the mainland".Soul:"I do not fear Wulan", he said just just as he threw the plate to the ground -"North Sea Small Palace!", they yelled at the same time.And so they took off and after a few seconds, they got up from the freezing ground of North Sea Small Palace.Wulan did not scold Soul for bringing Xue Di as he was too busy kissing her passionately.Soul turned around at this scene and walked directly into Delun's home where he was greeted by his friend.Delun:"How did it go?".Soul:"The League will send supplies, food, weapons and clothes.We'll need to ensure the safe route of their caravans.We're lucky we're close to Liaodong here.Wu Tang is sending warriors just as we speak".Delun:"Good, we should have no trouble with the route from Liaodong.While you were gone, I established a base near Nanxiang village to be able to better observe the palace.There are many things that need to be done.I have also spoken with Heavenly Demon and Sacred Flower, asking for help".Soul was surprised."Really?", he asked."How did it go?".Delun:"Sacred Flower almost killed me for being a male and Heavenly Demon simply denied helping us".Soul:"That's very bad".Delun:"It is, but we sent people to discuss with Shaolin and The Brotherhood Of Thevies too.We are not awaiting their response".Soul felt good."Great!", he said."I have brought princess Xue Di here, we should be discussing this war.We should fortify this place, assure that Xuexia and Nanxiang are prepared in case of an attack and then launch a full attack on the castle".Delun was kind of upset that Soul brought the princess."We should hold a war council right now", he said.Soul:"Just tell me what to do".Delun:"Send word to the officials of each three towns.Tell them we're holding a war council at small palace.Pigeons won't do it, find a powerful warrior with a lightfoot as equal as powerful.Go!".

Soul did as instructed and the next day around noon, the tavern of Small Palace and the surrounding areas were full of people: village chiefs, warriors, constables, officials, couriers, all the sorts.Wulan was with his feet on a table overlooking everyone."Quiet, please!", he said with no hope."Please be quiet, people!".Still no result."SILEEENCE!", Delun yelled.Wulan:"Thank-you, Delun.Now people, we have gathered you here for one single purpose - to discuss the fate of North Sea Icy Palace".One warrior with a long scar across his face spoke:"So how are we going to stop the evil queen?We got no support from the main clans"."You're wrong!", Soul said to him."I spoke to Wu Tang and the League.The beggars will send supplies through Liaodong and Wu Tang has already dispatched warriors to help, they are on their way right now.And now we are negotiating with Shaolin and the Brotherhood for more warriors to help".The scarred warrior spat."And what are we going to do about Spirit Leaders?"[/i[.This time Delun answered:"I have kept them under sureveillance, I know where each Spirit Leader is positioned and when they are scheduled to patrol the said area.I have already met...and KILLED Silver Spirit Leader.I met her by accident".People were amazed.Then Delun took out a round, clear sphere, clearer than Soul's ever seen."This is Silver SPirit Leader's soul, purified and freed from its spell.When you kill a spirit leader, a sphere comes out of their chests, a sphere like this but black and ugly and dirty looking.Princess Xue Di will explain further", Delun said.Then the princess got up from the bench and spoke:"If you encounter and kill any Spirit Leader, bring their soul orb to me, I can purify them.When all of the Spirits are dead and their souls purified, we can place them in the North Sea Altar, and this will weaken the evil queen's power, allowing us to penetrate the palace.As soon as we're done with placing them upon the altar, we must directly attack the palace, when the queen is at her weakest point.Not earlier, not later!Any questions?".A village representative from Nanxiang spoke:"Since we are the closest, geographically, to the castle, how will our village be protected?".Wulan answered:"We were thinking of evacuating the villages, move everyone, temporarly, to Small Palace.And before anyone complains, you should know that this is the best place for our base of operations, closest to Liaodong and safest.When clansmen arrive everything will be a piece of cake".A man from Xuexia spoke:"We can't just leave our places like this, soldiers from the castle will surely occupy OR destroy them".Soul spoke:"I understand your concern and I have an idea to it.The towns should be fortified and used as bases bu our clansmen.Each village has a strategical position, it would make it impossible for the soldiers to reach us if we guards both the surrounding ares from Nanxiang and Xuexia.And so the princess will also be safe".Everyone agreed with Soul's point of view regarding this matter, including people from the other villages."It's settled then", Wulan said."You are to return to your places like nothing happened, we are going to prepare the Small Palace and await the clansmen.When the clansmen arrive, they will escort all of you people to the Small Palace.Then we'll officially start this war and...", "Captain!", a constable interrupted him."It looks like the Queen started the war earlier.A convoy of people was kidnapped by Gold Spirit Leader while passing through from Xuexia to Nanxiang.They are being held in the Quarry".It all culminated in panic from everyone, everybody talking to each other, people screaming."THAT'S ENOUGH!", Delun yelled creating a dead-like silence.Soul:"We were taken by surprise, yes.But everyone makes mistakes so don't come to us like you've never made a mistake before.We're going to save those people, ok?Delun!Let's go to the Quarry and settle this one and for all all!".Wulan:"You can't leave right now!", people started becoming noisy again when someone arrived at Small Palace."Am I interrupting something?", the man asked, creating a total silence.He was a member of Wu Tang, clearly.Then he continued speaking:
"Ok, I need to talk to two people, a knight named Wulan and a Vagabond named Soul"

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 28km4j9

"So Wu Tang sent us disciples to help?", Wulan asked.Wu Pungja, the disciple answered:"Yes, and we talked to the League.We are to ensure the safe passage of their supplies.[i]"Great", Soul said."One hundred Wu Tang warriors but what about the Brotherhood and Shaolin, did we get any info from them?Will they join us?".Before Soul could say anything further, he looked behind to see hundreds of soldiers of the Brotherhood and Shaolin entering Small Palace.Both of the small armies stood in formation.All of sudden, the Wu Tang soldiers entered the courtyards and did the same, filling the space between the clansmen of Brotherhood and Shaolin.

"You know, Soul", Wulan said."I think this answers your question"

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

Post  Legend Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:55 pm

Nice, hehe. You're improving fast. You've used more humor, especially the 1st of those four chapters. I like it :)

Started to write some things too... ;)

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

Post  Soul Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:50 am

Post them then :D

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:01 pm

Soon... :lol!:

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 9.Souls

Post  Soul Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:22 pm

"You can't kill me, I am immortal!", her words echoed through the Icy halls, bringing icy tremors to the heroes' bodies.He gave an equally powerful reply."You're just a petty human being, an enchantress.You're less than a human", Soul said in his most confident voice.She was clearly dying and in suffering but even in the end, her arrogance proved to be her leading trait.Gaiden was lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, holding Soul's hand like his life depended on this."I have failed you, my brother", he said with a hint of dissapointment in his voice."You did not fail me, brother", Soul said to his friend."I'm going to die", Gaiden said.Soul:"No, you are not going to die, brother.Healers, tend to him", and the Brotherhood disciples started healing Gaiden with their unique skill."She's weak!Now's your chance!", White Ray said.
Soul got up, taking one last look at Gaiden.He then turned around and went to Tru's body.He approached his dear friend and closed his eyes.It looked like he was peacefully sleeping.A tear rolled down Soul's cheek as he blamed himself once again for his friend's demise.He then turned around, facing the Evil Queen.She was smiling.He held up his saber in attack position - he charged with all of his force

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Aufcl3

"Are you alright?", Delun asked, touching Soul with his bloody left arm."Yeah", Soul answered."Go rest, you were hurt bad.Me and White Ray can take care of this!", he said, pointing to the Shaolin disciple near him.Delun nodded and retreated.Soul and Fu then both attacked her.After a few more minutes of intense fight, Gold Spirit Leader, the last of the Spirit Leaders, was dead - exactly three months after the ressistance declared war on the palace directly after freeing the prisoner convoy.Soul went directly up to her and watched as her body started fading away, leaving there only a dirty-looking perfectly round crystal sphere.He took her corrupted soul into his hand and immediately dropped it in shock.She was more powerful than the other Spirit Leaders.He tried picking the sphere up again, gently and it was alright.He started playing with it."Take this to Xue Di", he said to White Ray.He nodded in approvement."Now that we have all of the souls will we be able to enter the palace?", Ray asked.Soul:"Yes, we will need to take them to the North Sea Altar and place them there, it is our only hope of fighting the queen".Ray:"I understand", and he left carrying the soul sphere.He was one of the most powerful disciples of Shaolin and he was of great help in the war that plagued the palace.
There's no need going into details about the North Sea War that occured after Soul came to the place, the gravity of the conflict was grave enough for the informations about deeds done in this horrible war to have been spread all across the Land.By the time Gold Spirit Leader finally hit the ground dead, the North Sea Small Palace was already full of starving people crying for their once-happy lives.Nanxiang did not last for long as it was not positioned in a good place.It was the palace's first attack that destroyed the town and killed almost the whole garrison.In the meantime, Soul had reached the state of Hermit but could not leave all of this fight behind until finishing it.
Soul's thoughts about the war were going from far to worse and everything was starting to become obvious: they had no chance.That was until Ice Spirit Leader, the weakest Leader, laid dead as his feet, dead by his blade.That was the moment when he regained trust in himself.That night they celebrated, even though resources were going scarce.But for a moment, people forgot about how they got beat miserably at their every attempt of conquering the palace.They laughed and drank and eaten, celebrating the first ray of hope.But that was long before killing Gold Spirit.By the time they killed Gold, they had already suffered miserable defeats.Their hope of ending this war finally came.Hikari and Judai joined the fight, Amanojaku did too.Even though all of them were way too weak to join the fight.They were helpful around the village, tending to the injured ones and taking care of the defense.Hikari proved to be a great strategist, once even saving Small Palace from a surprise attack of the Goldenbells.
Soul arrived at Small Palace and a gaze of victory floated through the place.Wulan:"So what are we going to do now?".Yanmei:"I have cleansed Gold's soul.I can feel her soul ascending to a greater realm...".Delun:"So you do mean that now we are ready to take the attack to the castle?Warriors from our camp there have become more than eager for a fight for the past few days".Xue Di:"Yes, we shall attack the castle soon.By now, the queen must have gotten the news about Gold's death.We must place the freed soul spheres inside the North Sea Altar as soon as possible!".Soul was getting nervous over the prospect of going to attack the castle."I can do it", he said."Absolutely no!", Xue Di yelled.Soul:"Why not?I have helped killing the Leaders.Now is our chance!".Xue Di started crying."You don't understand!", she yelled."My mother fell under the enchantress' spell too".Soul heard alot of stories about the former Matriarch, she was said to have been an extremely powerful warrior, her power being even greater than some of the best clan disciples Soul's met.But still, he could not make the connection."I don't get it", he said.Xue Di:"The enchantress anticipated our plans.She made my mother protect North Sea Altar!".Everyone around was speechless."Well I can take on her, and I think Ray can too", a voice from behind Xue Di said.Gaiden came forward.Many Vagabonds had joined the fight, including Gaiden, Tru, Sorrow Dragon, Errant and Takashi.White Ray spoke:"Yeah, I think me, Gaiden and Takashi, with our forces combined can take on her", he said, followed by a wave of "Yeah!"[/i], coming from many people including the ones mentioned."I need to go too", Soul insisted.Xue Di was doubtful."Soul, you might die...", she said, like she was begging for him not to do it.Soul:"This is war, you win some, lose some.People die everyday.If destiny wants me out alive, then we'll see".Xue Di:[i]"Very well...Assemble the force and be ready to leave.We don't have any minutes to lose!".Soul then looked at Wulan and said:"What about you?".Wulan answered:"Yes, I should come too.Who will go inside the palace though?".Delun answered that one:"I'm going there, with Brotherhood and Wu Tang, Shaolin shall raid the camps of palacemen from around the hills.We should do this all at once, incase the palace will send for reinforcements".Soul:"Good, let's get ready then!".
All of the Small Palace suddenly became noisy and active, people running away, and a constant feeling of unease over the following battle.They were most certain the North Sea Icy Palace would attack them as soon as they got word of Gaiden's band being on the move.They had to be prepared.Brotherhood pikemen along with Shaolin warriors were defending, side-by-side, the front lines.Archers were defending from the ramparts and boxes, crates, statues and all the sort formed the barricade on some parts."This barricade ain't good!", a constable yelled."You, Wu Tang men, build a better fortification from these blocks!".A set of similar commands came next from other high officials.Guards of North Sea from nearby way to Liaodong abandoned their posts to join the ressistance at the Small Palace.

"We might be dying tonight!", Soul yelled as he was nervously walking around.Gaiden:"I know, ain't it an awesome feeling, knowing we might have had our last dinner?"."It is", Soul answered becoming a little bit nervous.In the courtyard, it was a general state of agitation and confusion with all of the people running around.Tru was evacuating civilians who wanted to leave, but many chose to stay and fight."No, you ain't staying, little man!", he said as he grabbed little Dai by the collar of his improvised armor."Let me go, I need to join my parents in battle!", he yelled.Tru:"Your parents will kill you if you die!".Delun, all clad in his armor came to aid the situation."Leave it to me!", he yelled.Tru nodded and ran away back to the centerplace confused, looking for anything more to help.Delun leaned down to his son, staying in his knees he spoke:"Now listen here...", before he could finish, he looked to the door of his house which opened.A silhouette came out and ran to them.It was Mei, all clad in a red, heavy armor, complete with helmet and a spear.She spoke:"Listen son, we don't want you to get hurt here, leave all of this to us.It's going to be alright.I promise!".The child nodded, confused, with tears in his eyes.He then proceeded to hug his parents and then he left with a constable to the road to Liaodong.People were promised protection in Beiwei village there.Soul became confused about all that was around him and ran frantically all around the place, looking for his comrades.There came Xue Di out of nowhere and she proceeded to hug him and kiss him on the mouth."Good luck!", she wished to him and Soul ran off.
After some minutes, the band was ready: Soul, Takashi, Gaiden, White Ray and Wulan."Are you ready to go?", Gaiden asked, as the appointed leader of the band.All of them nodded.Delun came and bid farewell to all of them in a hurry."Soul, when you're done placing the spheres there, we'll know.We have a change of plans.When you're done there, meet me and the clans at the entrance of the palace, all of you.We'll finish this together!", he said.Soul:"Alright, good luck!", and they took off.After some time, they saw the big Altar from the distance, the nervousness grew as they got closed.When they got there, they were immediately confronted by the fallen queen, in all of her frozen ardoir."Soul, stay behind!", White Ray instructed."She's too powerful for you and besides, you carry the spheres, we don't wanna lose them!".Soul nodded and stayed behind as the warriors started attacking the queen.It was a fairly easy but lenghty fight, the queen would have easily defeated Gaiden if he were alone but he wasn't.Soul came from time to time to their aid with herbs.He even attacked the matriarch once but he was easily overpowered so he stayed behind.

After what seemed to be like an eternity, the former matriarch was defeated but nobody celebrated."Get the spheres up there!", Gaiden yelled.Soul immediately ascended the altar and places the four spheres inside, each gently on a pillow.A spark of light came from each of them.The sparks then joined and fired something that seemed like a Chi Kung technique directly towards the palace.That was the signal.They immediately left and positioned themselves outside of the palace.On the nearby hills they could see fires - their forces killing the Palace campers.Soul felt good, it seemed like their efforts were not in vain after all...only that they waited for an hour and Delun never arrived with his army.White Ray:"Where is he?".Takashi:"I don't know, shall we return to Small Palace?", a question that plagued all of them.They were officially instructed to meet Delun's army there."We shall wait for one more hour, then go back!", Gaiden instructed.And so they waited and waiter in a mortuary silence, though nobody was thinking of the worst that could have happened."Delun is alright, they just stayed behind to aid the injured, they won.Yes, they did", Soul said to himself during all of this time.Thirty mintes, forty-five, an hour.They left.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 10.Pain

Post  Soul Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 pm

As they ran across the cold night of North Sea Icy Palace they could see smoke in the distance."Oh no!", Soul said to himself.When they arrived at Small Palace, it was but a ruin of what it used to be earlier that night.All of the buildings were damaged, some completely destroyed.People were going all around the place, carrying dead bodies and taking care of the injured.It was a dead-like silence.And the smell of death was in the air.A guard looked up and noticed them."You've returned...Though it isn't much left here...".Soul:"What happened?!".The guard:"As we anticipated, attack from the Palace.It looks like they had more camps than we knew, more soldiers than we were prepared for.We were able to fend them off.But at this cost", he said pointing to the bodies on the ground.Soul started running."No, no, no.It can't be!", he said to himself.But it was, Delun and Mei were both lying on the ground, their hands holding each other.He had a big cut across the chest and she was clearly killed by an arrow shot.Soul fell to the ground and started sobbing, clutching his friend's body.Wulan came up to him and tried getting him away from the bodies."No, no.Let me here!", he said between tears.Wulan:"There is nothing we can do for them here.We must attack the castle.Regroup, and attack the castle!".Hikari and Tru came up to them, Hikari's left arm was broken and Tru was limping and a bloody scar streaked his face.Soul:"We should have all stayed here and defended the village, we could have gone to the altar afterwards.We waited for too long!".

"It's not too late", Hikari said, grabbing Soul's hand.he looked at her."We attack the palace, now, together!It's the only way we can avenge Delun!".Soul looked at her, completely lost."Where is the princess?", he asked.Before she could answer, Xue Di came and hugged her fianceé.Wulan:"Are you alright, my love?".Xue Di:"I am, though there is no time for mourning.We must get back on the move.The Queen is weak, now's our chance".She then started patting Soul's cheek, comforting him."Do not lose your hope, Soul", she said."You will avenge them, and everyone that died here", she then handed him three purple crystal snowflakes."You can get inside the palace using them.When the soul spheres got placed, I was hit with a sudden wave of knowledge about these.I crafted them myself during the fight.I have certitude they will grant you passage".He took the snowflakes and placed them gently into his bag.Suddenly, he felt nothing, it was like this tragic set of events completely wiped out his feelings.He got up, with a stern look on his face."We don't have any minutes to lose", he said to them.Tru and Hikari joined the squad, Judai and Amanojaku wanted to do it too but Soul asked them not to since it would be too dangerous."You are my brothers, I don't wanna lose you too.Stay here, care for the injured and protect the princess!".Judai:"Very well, good luck brother!".Soul then took Gaiden aside for a talk."I want to lead this attack", he said.Gaiden:"Why do you wanna do it?".Soul:"This whole thing became personal to me.She killed my best friend and she shall not remain unpunished!".Gaiden slapped him."Do not judge this through the light of those recents events.That palace is a damn cursed place.You could get yourself killed.I won't let you do it!".Soul felt that old familiar rage again but he got over it."Fine, you lead.But let's leave already", Soul said in his coldest voice.And so they left.They arrived at the palace.They were immediately greeted by an army of the palace.They got in defensive stance but their leader spoke:"We want no more blood shed.Just go ahead and do what you gotta do".Soul was surprised.Gaiden:"Very well.You should go to your friends up in the mountains and tell them to surrender".Soul:"Yeah, by the moment you get there the Queen will have already been taken care of.I assure you of that!".Leader:"Very well, Vagabonds.Go your way!".Soul and the others aproached the castle.Soul took the snowflakes out of his bag and put them in their places.The big doors to the palace immediately opened and the heroes entered.They were immediately surrouned by soldiers but they were defeated with ease.As they advanced through the palace, a voice started echoing from the walls:"I know you're looking for me but you stand no chance!", it was a cold, glacial voice.Soul became angry."We do stand!In fact, we're going to kill you!", he yelled cluelessly to the walls.Wulan:Friend, don't let your guard down with all of this hate".Soul:"I'm alright, sorry.I shall shut up".

Finally they arrived in a big room where they were confronted by a large, threatening man."Frozen Captain!", Wulan yelled.The Frozen Captain sketched no emotion, his eyes were cold and white as fresh fallen snow.Wulan:"He felt under her spell, be ready to attack.Soul, Hikari and Tru stay behind!".They did as instructed and watched as the warriors fought and defeated with ease the captain, they were some of the most powerful warriors in the land, for sure.Takashi delivered the final blow and the captain fell to the ground."Thank-you...", he whispered before breathing his last breath.Wulan:"Alright you three, it's safe to advance!".The two Vagabonds and the Wu Tang advanced and so they arrived in the main hall.They aproached the icy throne slowly and all of sudden, two women appeared in front of them.On of them was - "Xue Di?" - both of them looked like her.Her older sisters, both fallen under the enchantress' charm.Wulan and Gaiden started fighting the first princess while Takashi and White Ray fought the second one.When both of them were done for, the queen emerged from the room behind them.An ugly being ,blue skinned.She looked like she was made out of the coldest ice."Very well, you have proven yourselves to be exceptional warriors.But this is the end!", she said, attacking Gaiden.The other three jumped to her aid and Soul started attacking her too.Gaiden:"Soul, stand behind!She is too powerful!".Soul:"No, we're in this together!".And so they fought the queen together.She was a very powerful foe and it was hard for Soul to whitstand her attacks but his motivation came from dark, avenging thoughts.Finally, the queen became weaker, she was almost dying but she was enraged."Stupid fools!You cannot kill me!", she yelled.Suddenly, she felt confused, she looked behind, Gaiden had hit her with his pole on the back.Enraged, she hit him with all of her power, sending him a few meters back with a fresh cut across his belly.Soul went to tend to his friend."Are you alright, Gaiden?".Gaiden:"It's alright, brother.Take my pole and attack her.If you use the pole it will be harder for her to attack you".Soul did as instructed and took Gaiden's polearm and started attacking the queen.After some time, it became apparent that the queen was dying but she was desperately clinging to life, using all of her power that she had left she let out a wave of energy which threw everyone behind.
"You can't kill me, I am immortal!", her words echoed through the Icy halls, bringing icy tremors to the heroes' bodies.He gave an equally powerful reply."You're just a petty human being, an enchantress.You're less than a human", Soul said in his most confident voice.She was clearly dying and in suffering but even in the end, her arrogance proved to be her leading trait.Gaiden was lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood, holding Soul's hand like his life depended on this."I have failed you, my brother", he said with a hint of dissapointment in his voice."You did not fail me, brother", Soul said to his friend."I'm going to die", Gaiden said.Soul:"No, you are not going to die, brother.Healers, tend to him", and the Brotherhood disciples started healing Gaiden with their unique skill."She's weak!Now's your chance!", White Ray said.
Soul got up, taking one last look at Gaiden.He then turned around and went to Tru's body.He approached his dear friend and closed his eyes.It looked like he was peacefully sleeping.A tear rolled down Soul's cheek as he blamed himself once again for his friend's demise.He then turned around, facing the Evil Queen.She was smiling.He held up his saber in attack position - he charged with all of his force.
The queen was surprised at his vigor and power, rage was flowing through Soul's veins."Good, let the hate flow through", he heard that familiar voice.He ignored it and tried calming down.The queen became confused for a few seconds, she looked nauseous and she fell on her knees, looking into the ground.Soul threw away his saber and took Gaiden's polearm."This is for Delun and Mei", he yelled, killing the queen with blunt force - a hard hit on the head.It cracked her skull open, steaming hot blood splattering the cold floor.The queen dropped dead.

Celebrations followed this fateful event the next few days, everyone was happy at the outcome that they forgot to mourn their dead.For his heroic deeds during this short war Soul was from then on known as the "Exceptional Northern Sky".Soon, the wedding of Xue Di and Wulan followed and everyone was invited.The bride and groom were lovely in their festive clothes, everyone was cheering, expressing their hope for better days under the rule of those young people.Soul stayed behind, having preferred to do so."It's better this way".He said to himself.He stayed there for a few more minutes before leaving without saying anything to anyone.Gaiden was in a coma and Tru was dead, the Queen's power wave proved too powerful for him.The Vagabond Army had no leader.He headed to Tibet, finally being enough powerful.He arrived in the mountaineous area after climbing for a few good days.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Vshw7q

Still, the long days and the cold wind could not take away the pain from the loss of his friends.[/i]

Last edited by Soul on Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 11.The Name Is...

Post  Soul Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:10 pm

It was more comical than tragic, or the other way around, depends on whoever looks upon the situation.For the past months, all that Soul ever wanted was to reach Tibet and now, he felt empty and did not really want to continue.He felt like his whole life had no meaning anymore.Nevertheless, he started doing jobs for people around Tibet, most were for Bamboo Master of the league and so he learned about Tibet's bad situation which, in comparison with what happened in North Sea Icy Palace, seemed like nothing.He did not help the people out of kindness, as he did before.Rather, he helped people for money, ambrosia and good items.He also turned to drinking somehow, in spite of repeated warnings from a member of the Black Society.To quote him:"Alcohol is the root of all problems".

One of the days when drinking in Dragon's Cave Tavern, he decided to go train a little further before starting to look for Durpaneus.He started fighting creatures and fiends of the clans, deserters from the war of the nine dragons.He did all of this, and when he was done, a division from Black Shadows branch of Secret Shadows clan cornered him."Hm, strange.I did not expect to find Secret Shadows in Tibet", Soul said.The disciples did not say anything to him."What are you all doing up here?You spread the rumors about the nine dragons being in Tibet?".Still no answer.Soul:"So, how about you let me go and we put all of this behind of us?"."It won't be that easy", a voice echoed from behind the disciples ahead of Soul.The disciples suddenly stepped aside, forming a lane, for the speaker to be seen.It was none other than Shen Mo himself.Soul was surprised of how he could not feel anything towards the vile man, even though he wanted to kill him a few years before."Ah, Shen Mo.What are you doing in Tibet?You usually hide in Jinan and let your disciples do the dirty work for you as far as I can remember", Soul said.He was menawhile a lot more powerful than Shen Mo and coudl easily defeat him.Shen Mo:"Big words coming out of your mouth, as far as I can remember, last time we clashed I almsot killed you.You are cornered and yet you display no sign of scare.Why is that?".Soul:"It's simple", he said as he took out a dagger from his backpack.Playing and spinning it in his hand, he planted it directly into the chest of the disciple that was on his right.The disciple let out a gasp of pain before succumbing."I feel nothing", Soul said."I feel nothing and it feels great", as he came and help his saber to Shen Mo's throat."If anyone interferes, your leader dies", he said to the disciples.Shen Mo:"Bastard, if you kill me you'll never find Durpaneus!".Soul froze in place after hearing his words."What do you know about him?!", he asked.Shen Mo:"Let me go and I will tell you".Soul let Mo go.His biggest mistake.Shen Mo turned around, placing a fist in Soul's cheek.He fell to the ground."You fool!How do you expect to become more powerful if you can't even keep your guard up in obvious situations?", he said to Soul, spitting on him."General, take care of him.I have to go", and so he left.Soul felt dizzy from that fist and could not fight back.Two disciples picked him up and he started making out the features of the silhouette ahead of him.He was a Black Shadows Master, only that his clothes were not crimson and blue as usual, they were black - General of Secret Shadows.

Soul broke free from his captors as soon as he completely regained his power.He took out his saber and started fending out the disciples with his pole.After some time, the disciples were dead and he was facing the General who carried Soul's saber."You, give back my saber!", he yelled.General:"You'll have to fight for it".He then entered an offensive stance.Soul did the same."As you wish", he said as he started running up to the General.He was a formidable warrior, especially with Soul's good saber.They fought for some time but Soul was able to overpower him."You are good, but you shall perish!", the General yelled.He looked around, saw a dead fiend of Shaolin, pole plunged into the ground.He took the dead man's pole and proceeded to attack Soul with it.They fought like this for some time, the long range offered by the pole gave a bit of advantage to the Shadows clansman.He hit Soul in the chest and ribs and so Soul fell to his knees.As the General aproached to deliver the final blow, Sou lstayed put.When he sensed the General was nearby he got ready, clutching the polearm in his hand.The General held up the polearm and then let it down with big force, inteinding to crack Soul's head but Soul then rolled on his back to the left, got up and hit the General in the legs.he fell to the ground letting out a cry of pain.He probably crushed his knees.Soul aproached him with the intent of putting and end to his suffering.He held up his polearm ready but then the general spoke."Well done, you did it".Soul let the pole down."Hm, what do you mean?", he asked the Shadows clansman.General:"You took me down, a clan general.Be proud of yourself".Soul:"Well I am kinda weak.I am a mere Vagabond.That means your clan must have kinda weak disicples".General:"Hey, don't insult a dying man's beliefs.All this fighting is stupid, this is what I've been telling Shen Mo for a very long time.We should join the main clans to defeat Black Dragon clan".Soul:"The Black Dragon reappared here?!".General:"Reappeared?More like, reincarnated.More disciples, more powerful and more deadly techniques.If they get to the Central District it will be bad for everyone...".Soul:"I understand, but what can be done?".General:"You, Vagabonds.You are the true neutral way of this land.Not those Noble fools!You are the ones destined to bring peace to the land.If anyone can unify the clans, it's the vagabonds!But now, all I need is to rest"."I can honor your wish", Soul said as he pulled a sharp dagger from his bag.General:"The Vagabond you are looking for lies up in the most mountaineous areas, take the road up to Potala Palace then ascend the mountain behind it.It wil ltake some time and it will be very dangerous for it's Black Dragon area".Soul:"Alright, I will take care".General:"Take my clothes, they will give you some sort of protection in dangerous situations.Most ordinary deviants won't dare to attack what they believe to be a Shadows general.You don't need to speak, just keep a cocky pose.It will also keep you warm".Soul nodded and he started taking the Shadows clothes from the man, he left him with the woven pants and shirt he had beneath.Soul dressed in the Shadows garb, putting those clothes over his regular ones."This should keep enough warmth.They remind me of the clothes that Legend used to wear".He said to himself.He then turned back to the dying General whose eyes became whiteish and watery."Mercy...", he cried."Mercy...", Soul answered as he closed his eyes, keeping his left hand on his eyes and mouth.With the dagger in his right hand, he slit his throat open."Mercy...", Soul said one more time to himself as he left.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 2a4xtw9

He went through the canyon pass that was controlled by Secret Shadows.A Black Shadows Captain stood guard at the entrance.He said nothing to Soul as he passed by, disguised as his general so it appeared that the clothes did give him some sort of power.He ran through the dangerous ares of Tibet.The costume did not always grant him autonomy as he was attacked a few times by creatures and members of the Maoi Tribe but he managed to run away.
He spent nights in Formosan Village, Bai Tribe village and then he finally decided to cross the bridge to upper Tibet.He fastly ran throught he Black Monks courtyard.To his left he found out a pair of big wooden doors that he pushed aside to find himself in some sort of survivors' village.He did not stay for long though and he continued his journey.Ascending the mountain behind Potala palace took him some time but he was glad no deviants or creatures wre in those mountains.
He walked for three days and three nights and finally, he reached the highest peak, where the cold winter wind made his face go numb and he stopped feeling it.And then he saw him: dressed in beggar rags, sitting on the ground in meditation position.Soul did not know how to introdcue himself, the sage vagabond seemed not to be aware of Soul's presence there and his eyes were closed."What if he froze here to death?!", Soul asked himself shocked."The icy air must have frozen your brains, Soul.He can't be bead", he spoke further ot himself.He took his hat off and aproached the man slowly."Master, I've been looking for you for a very long time" he said.Durpaneus did not answer.He just continued standing there.Soul stood in place, wondering what to do.Finally, he remembered of a day when Legend behaved similarly so he went near him and started meditating too.After some time, the sage spoke:"I have been expecting you", as he opened his eyes, fixing Soul with his gaze.Soul:"Master...You must help me".Durpaneus:"Initially you came looking for me for a different reason than your actual one.Is it right?".Soul:"Yes, it is.I seeked help with my ngihtmares and dark visions.They have logn stopped happening.I have no nightmares and visions now, they all became real.My friends are dead and the woman I love is married to another man".Durpaneus:"Hard a Vagabond life is, I know well.But you don't seek enlightment, young Vagabond.DO you?".Soul sat in silence for a second and then answered:"Yes, Master.I came seeking answers regarding not enlightment.I came seeking answers for revenge".Durpaneus:"Yes, a delicate situation you have there.I have most of the answers you seek.But to really understand the truth you must meditate with me", he said as he touched Soul's hands with his/"Do yoou think you are ready for this?", he asked.Soul:"I am"."Very well.But know that once the smoke is cleared and the answers are there, there is no way back", Durpaneus said as he took Soul's hands with his and closed his eyes, entering the meditation stance.

Slowly, his mind started drifting away from his body, he felt immaterial and at the same time not.He heard Durpaneus' voice speaking:
"A long time ago, a clan that seems to have been forgotten by today, was entirely slain.The killer, a vile man by nature was just a mere man corrupted by dark thoughrs and promise of fame, power and money.Few people survived the massacre and most went into hiding.The moment they hear this name they start trembling"
Soul:"What is it?!What's his name?!"
Durpaneus:"I have many names, the same goes for him.Few know his real name".

Before Soul could continue any longer, his mind started becoming filled up with dark, corrupted thoughts and voices, whispering names. and he could see an image in his mind.The man he saw through fog in the WuDang Mountains, only that the fog existed no more, and he could clearly make his features.The smile, the horrible smile that hides an imminent killing intent.That was the worst features of them all.The contrast between appearance and essence highlighted the true nature of this man.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 14y0ls2

"He's a master of deceitful arts and forbidden knowledge - Diyu Xue, The Shi Shen"

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 12.So Is It Written

Post  Soul Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:01 pm

"You, I'm coming for you!"."Go ahead, I'm not going anywhere, my dear Soul.I'm waiting for you already!".Soul was a few feet away from his mortal enemy whose name he had just learned, the cold winter wind blowing through his face - they were in North Sea Icy Palace, phantoms of the great giants overlooking the fight that was about to ensue, for it was the Elephant Graveyard.Even though he would usually be confident, this time, Soul's mind gave away a multitude of feelings, one contradicting the other, his mind was broken and at the moment it seemed beyond repair.Diyu Xue was looking at Soul with eyes that seemed almost snake-like, a killing gaze.A fan was covering his other half of the face.For what seemed like a few good minutes, they were both silent.Finally, Soul said:"You're going to pay for what you've done...", Diyu Xue was still silent, a silence that made Soul more and more impatient.Finally, he broke the silence again:"Aren't you going to attack me?".Still no answer.Soul's muscles became tense and his whole body seemed to be getting numb.A few sweat drops were moving down his face and the silence made it all worse.
Finally, he let down his fan a little, revealing the awful, demonic smile.He cut the air in a similar manner to the Noble disciple from Shi Zhang.Instinctively, Soul covered his face and took a stance that would make it easier for him to keep his balance.Only that it wasn't a wave of air that was getting to him, it was fire."It was all his strategy!", that's what Soul got to think to himself before he was engulfed in fire.That's when he woke up, realizing he was sitting on his knees in the cold snow of the Tibetan mountain.

"It was but an illusion", Durpaneus said to Soul."Now, you are at your most weakest point, you musn't crack under the pressure for he will be sure to make an advantage out of it".Soul:"I found him, I finally found him!", he said with a child-like joy."But how would I defeat this hellspawn?", he asked the master.Durpaneus:"Your force alone is not enough to make it, Vagabond.Three's the number that carries the wind of hope for a close victory".Soul:"I can't take my brothers!Amanojaku is too weak and Judai won't be able to keep up for long.Hell, I don't even know if I can do it and I most certainly won't risk losing the rest of my family!".Durpaneus:"Wiser have you become.No, a brotherly force would certainly be a powerful bond but you're right.It certainly will be a big fight, but you will win, vagabond".Soul:"How can you be so sure of it?And who is going to help me?".Durpaneus:"Search through your heart and find your true friends".
"MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD!", Soul yelled.Durpaneus:"Hm, your brother carries a sword, but so does a good friend of yours, right?".Soul:"Hikari?I can't risk her life".Durpaneus got on his feet, Soul noticed he was slightly taller than himself, with greying hair but with a black beard so he could not guess his real age."Then I can no longer help you", he said then turned around and started walking."Wait, don't leave!", Soul yelled back to him.The master then turned around and looked at him with a bored look."You're impulsive, stubborn but stiil, you're caring.Though the latter isn't necessary a quality, right?".Soul:"People that get too close to me die!Tru wanted to help fight for a cause that wasn't his and he died".Durpaneus:"You're also blaming yourself for Delun's death, no?".Soul looked to the ground, saddened."Yes", he said."And Gaiden's in a coma, I left the Vagabond Army without a leader, making them fight for a cause that did not belong to them.I pushed them to death and incapacitation just to pursue my own goals.They're collateral victims in my own war..".
"Are they?", Durpaneus asked."Before all of this happened, you did not see it this way.You used to see your actions in a different light, in the light of good doings for the land.People die everyday, vagabond.We cannot prevent something if fate wanted it that way".Soul;"You know, you don't speak master-like.Not at all".Durpaneus:"Why?Because I choose to speak so that may common people understand?Do not underestimate my abilities.I know you don't believe in fate".Soul:"That's because fate is not a real fact, we are not fated to some irreversible outcome.We each have our destinies that we can alter through our choices".Durpaneus smiled."Doesn't it mean that you chose to have Tru dead and Gaiden incapacitated?", he asked, leaving Soul motionless.Soul:"How can I even wish for something like that?!".Durpaneus:"Vagabond, sometimes we just don't have control over our actions, that's what I'm trying to tell you.Stop blaming yourself for what happened and let go, it's been some time already.Do you think the Vagabond Army want you whisked away or executed?No, the guild needs someone to guide them, to help them rebuild...", Soul:"Do you mean...?".Durpaneus:"Yes, Soul.As you said, you believe in destiny.Going your way, I suppose it is your destiny now to guide the Vagabond Army to it's former glory".Soul:"Former glory?The Vagabond Army was never something really big".Durpaneus looked into the distance, thinking about god-knows-what, he then fixated Soul with his gaze."Sit down, Soul", he said."We need to talk".

And so, Soul heard about everything, he heard about the Hermit, Ravenclaw, Fugen and the other masters that corrupted the world, he heard fantastic tales about how Legend's Vagabond Army used to be so powerful that dark powers started fearing them and tried, countless times, to destroy it.He heard tales about Shen Long, the dragon and about how the world went back in time to a previous era.He couldn't believe anything at all."I can't believe all of this, master.I would have remembered it", he said.Durpaneus put his hands on his shoulders and then everything came to images in Soul's mind.Suddenly, it all made more sense."You know I tell the truth", he said."Yes, I get it now", Soul answered.Durpaneus:"Find your friend, vagabond.She's your only hope".Soul:"How do I defeat him?".Durpaneus looked at his sword.Gently, he took it out of its sheath and looked at it."A sword may give life or it can take it away, so is it written", he said.Soul:"Master, do you mean that the sword is the way?".Durpaneus:"Truly, the neutral way lies with the fists.But, sometimes, one must adapt so he can survive".Soul:"So I should leave for Wu-Tang then, I know they teach one of their techniques to vagabonds".Durpaneus:"Return to me, when you had trained, vagabond.Do not make haste when not needing to, be careful and avoid petty danger if you can, for the real danger is about to go down soon..."

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 2j4zx1w

For three days and for three nights he descended the mountain.Soon, he was able to leave the Tibetan area and he went straight to the shorter mountain of Wudang.He was greeted by none other than Hikari with her usual hug."What are you doing here, Soul?", she asked joyfully.Soul:"I wish to see master Tianxing.Hikari:[i]"Well you should go then, he's inside.You could have just walked ahead.After all, you are a friend of our clan"."Thanks alot", Soul said as he entered the clan base.He went directly to master's usual place and he was greeted by the legendary taoist."What brings you to Wu Tang Shan again, Soul?", he asked seriously.Soul:"I require your help".Tianxing:"I beg your pardon?".Soul:"I know that you teach some of your sword techniques to vagabonds too.I need to learn them as soon as possible".The master stood in silence then said:"We cannot teach you those techniques, I'm sorry to say it".Soul:"Why can't you teach them to me?".Tianxing:"Yes, they are indeed for vagabonds but not ordinary vagabonds.We only teach them to vagabonds that are prospecting to join Wu Tang, that's the only way we'd share even a small hint of our power, I am sorry Soul".The vagabond was saddened for the outcome of things."I found out my clan's killer", he said with a tragic voice.Tianxing:"What?!You did?".Soul:"Yes, and I was led to believe that sword is the way this must end.Tianxing:"You'll have to find another way, I am sorry".Soul:"How come I helped your clan and yet you treat me like shit?".Tianxing was furious."Excuse me?", he said."We let you into our clanbase and you're not even part of our clan.How is this bad treatment?".Soul:"It is, given the fact that this is about a clan massacre!".Tianxing:"What happened to your clan was unfortunate but these are the rules and they can't be changed".Soul:"Fine, I'il find someone else to help me".And so he left the Wu Tang clanbase and went to the village nearby.

At the tavern he found Hikari.She could immediately notice how upset he was."It didn't go well, eh?", she asked him."No, it didn't.I need your help, Hikari...".She was surprised."What do you need my help for?", she asked.Soul then turned around and asked Hikari to join him for a walk - a very long walk was it going to be for he had alot to explain.He had to find another way to learn sword techniques and he felt the enemy growing in power each day.

"Hikari...help me please..."

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 13.Lessons of Life

Post  Soul Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:01 pm

The two friends we're running across the Land as the Vagabond told the Wu-Tang girl of his story and his inner thoughts.His heart was racing and was more than ready to rush out of his chest.He could almost feel te theoretically imaterial pressure of the shifting sands of time that carried the same message, obsessive, all and all over again: "You're running out of time..."

Finally, they arrived in Hefei and they stopped running at the next crossroads.Soul:"Alright, Hikari.I shall go to Tibet to my master and ask him for advice and you could help by going to the Holy Halls of the Vagabond Army in Nanchang".Hikari:"Why there?I thought you didn't want to involve them in your problems anymore?"."Yes, it's true", Soul said with the voice of a man who's lost everything."Go there and tell them my story, my dear friend.Tell them why I'm angry all the time and tell them I'm leaving"."You're leaving?!", she yelled."How could you be leaving them at a time like this when they need you most?".Soul:"I'm leaving them to protect them".Hikari:"To...protect them?". Soul:"Yes, I am never putting people in danger again.I killed Tru with my impulsive action, Delun too, and I put Gaiden into a comatose state.I can't risk them being targeted by the hellspawn that is Shi Shen".Hikari was speechless for a moment and then said:"And how will you help them survive if you leave them without a leader?"."I'm not leaving them without a leader", Soul said as he took out a letter from his bag, the seal was nothing complicated, just a big "X"."Go to the Holy Halls and check the place for a young Vagabond whose little mustache is but a shadow on his upper lip, they call him Z, he is my succesor.I'm formally leaving the army and giving control to him.What he decides to do, if he decides to keep the position or not, is up to him.I am done, Hikari"."You can't just leave it all like this!", she yelled."My mind is made, Hikari.I'm going back to Tibet to ask master Durpaneus for advice.I might have to leave this land in search for the power I need to defeat the hellspawn".Hikari:"Are you really gonna leave control to an inexperienced kiddo?".Soul smiled."I actually am an inexperienced kiddo and my friends had to suffer 'cause of my lack of critical thinking", hesaid/Hikari:"Well, you're not even thinking now!After all you've just said you want to leave control to another inexperienced folk?!".Soul then realized that once again, he hadn't been thinking straight."Then who am I leaving it to now?", he asked in a desperate tone.Hikari slapped him across the face."Act up, Vagabond!These people need you as much as you need them!", she said in an angrily voice.Soul was surprised at her reaction.After a while she said:"I guess I could take care of your disciples for a while".Soul:"Really?You would?But what would that old monkey Tianxing say about this?".Hikari looked around as she feared someone would be eavesdropping on them."I don't care for a second what master Tianxing says about this!", she said.Her words surprised Soul very much as clan disciples are taught to blindly follow their masters' orders."Heh, she still has a Vagabond inner self as far as I can tell", Soul thought to himself.He then spoke:"What if he punishes you?These clansmen are so strict, so rigid".Hikari:"I don't care, sometimes they must listen to reason.There are times in life where we gotta team up with people we've never thought we would have to, all for a greater good.The lack of unity is obvious, even between the three white clans themselves.Theoretically, they are allies but we got cases of Shaolin warriors or Beggars coming to Wu Tang Shan without official clan business and having them killed by the guards".Soul was surprised, very much surprised for he had never heard such a thing before.He became cold and heartless."Well then the master and clans must change or they will succumb.If Shi Shen does not destroy this land, the Black Dragon Clan surely will.Hikari, take care of my disciples and I promise I will return", Soul said.Hikari:"Take good care, friend.And don't let darkness consume you".And so they parted ways

On the tallest peak of the tallest mountain in Tibet, the master was expecting his student in his usual meditation position, quietly.He opened his eyes and he could see Soul emerging from the snowy ground itself.Or so it would have looked to the childish mind, when in reality he was just climbing the steep area of the mountain.Soul aproached his master and then fell to his knees."I failed you, Master!", Soul yelled.The master was quiet for a while and then spoke with his honeyed words:"And tell me again, Soul, how have you failed me?".Soul was confused."I could not learn a sword technique and I've ruined my relations to the Wu Tang Clan".Durpaneus:"Ah, yes, though only the latter is true".Soul:"What do you mean?I don't have where to learn sword techniques now".The master then got up, using a cane that Soul's never seen before.He hit Soul across the legs with his cane."Ouch!", he yelled."What was that for?", he asked.Durpaneus:"What did I tell you before you left this place last time?".Soul:"To avoid petty danger because the real danger is about to come down".Durpaneus hit Soul one more time.The young Vagabond let out a scream.Durpaneus then spoke:"How can you expect to train your body if you can't train your mind?I told you not to make haste when it's not needed", he then pointed out to the left of his belt, to his sword sheath.Soul then finally understood and felt guilty for his lack of attention.Durpaneus:"You see now, I never told you to go seek help at Wu Tang, you thought about that yourself and just left.What did haste bring you?It brought you anger and pain.You are not yet ready to defeat your enemy!".Soul sat down in the snow, the cold numbing all of his senses and throwing him into a meditative state.He sat as that for a while, emptying his mind of vile thoughts.Finally, he got up and talked."I wish to train hard, no coming back to the main land until I'm ready to defeat the enemy.I wish to empty my mind of bad thoughts and to change myself".His master did not answer, while Soul was talking he got into a meditation state.Deciding that meditating too would be the best way to get his master's attention, Soul went into his usual position and started distancing himself from the material world.Five minutes passed, then ten and then Soul lost the count he slightly opened one of his eyes and noticed Durpaneus was still in mediatation so Soul decided to continue his.After a few more minutes he felt he was going crazy.Everything around sounded much too alive, the bickering wind felt like a sword cutting the air near his very head.He started to ask himself if he was going crazy or if someone was actually there, an old nemesis maybe.His mind started flashing images and fragments of his imagination - a shadow man cutting his throat from behind.Suddenly he shaked his head slightly and the images dissparead."I have to stay focused", he said to himself as he kept trying to stay focused on his meditation.He finally was able to do so and so he started drifting away from his body.After what he believed to be around half a day later he was taken back to the world by words that echoed through his mind, to his very inner spirit:"Patience"

He opened his eyes, a bit dizzy.After a few seconds he could make the silhouette ahead of him - his master- with a stern look on his face."Patience?", Soul asked surprised."Yes, patience", Durpaneus answered:"Do not make haste when not needing to.Stay focused and analyze the situation.If you are under pressure you must stay focused.Haste is what brought you to your current state, haste and anger - this very combination has brought the demise of many.Get up!".Soul got up immediately as his master ordered.He remember his master to be slightly taller than him but now it seemed like it was just the other way around, though he did not pay attention to this.His master spoke:"Now you are ready for your training".Soul:"I am, but I can't just stop and wonder, wasn't all this, technically, a part of training too?".Durpaneus smiled at his disciple."Focus", he said."That's your second lesson that you've passed!"".Soul:"Awesome, that means I might be able to pass all of my tests today".The master lifted up his cane and hit Soul's stomach with it.The young vagabond gasped for air as he fell to the ground."Underestimation", Dupraneus said."You underestimated the tenure of your training and this would have had consequences on you.You would have gotten lazier and would have lost your interest in the training.How would have it been if you had acted like this, thinking it will end soon, when in reality your training would have finished at the setting sun of the next 4600 days from now on?".Soul:"That would have been horrible!"."Much to learn, Vagabond.Much to learn:, Durpaneus said as he turned around and walked to a nearby pile of snow.He carefully touched it in different parts, using his cane, like he was looking for something.When it appeared that he found that something under that snow, he hit the pile with his cane and all the snow fell down from something that appeared to be a small house.The master turned back to Soul:"The next part of your training is about physical strengh.I want you to take out all of the snow from this house.Think you'll be able to do it?".Soul was excited."Are you kidding me?", he said in a happy voice."It's going to be easy".And so he took a shovel and started shovelling and shovelling until two hours later he dropped from exhaustion.His master watched all of this from behind, as he sat on his mat and enjoyed his hot tea.After some time, Soul got up and got back to shovelling.It all repeated itself for a few more two or three times until he finally couldn't stand up anymore and he realized, to his horror, that he hadn't even cleaned half of the snow and that the snowstorm would surely make his efforts worthless in a few hours.He felt anger again, all of this got on his nerves and he almost broke down to cry.With his last efforts, he got up, assisted by his shovel and made his way back to the hut.As he plunged the shovel into the snow and tried pushing he lost all of his power and was collapsing when someone caught him from behind and prevented him from falling."Team work", he could hear Durpaneus' voice as he helped him up,They both then started to shovel.In less than an hour, they dropped their shovels and the hut was clean.As he god inside, Soul noticed it was much bigger than he initially thought.Durpaneus lit a candle and came near Soul, looking him in the eyes"You need a decent place to live if you are to train, Vagabond", Durpaneus said.Soul:"Yes, I know".Durpaneus:"Team work is important, disciple.You cannot defeat powerful foes on your own.If you form a bond with somebody you be sure you'll form a good pair.This Shi Shen is too powerful to on on your own, Soul.I know that you don't want to risk anyone dying for you again but this is life, Vagabond.People die everyday.Think about Gaiden, Hikari Delun, Tru, Mei.They did not follow you because you forced them to.They followed you because they believed in you and your cause".Soul:"But they died!".Durpaneus:"They did, but they did it for a cause they believed in and ultimately, you succedeed because of their help.You must stop blaming yourself for all of these losses and start acting up, Vagabond!”.Soul:”How will I be able to overcome my fears, master?”.

His master turned around and left for the door, blowing aut the candle in his way, whispering a single word as he closed the hut door behind him
”Patience"

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 14.Arrogance

Post  Soul Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:23 pm

Through the next few days his master put Soul up to tasks of immense physical prowess which left him sweating and fatigued.
"Remind me again, why do I have to hold this huge pot above my head?!", Soul asked, his arms trembling from the effort."Because you can't only train your mind to a state of serenity, in battle, a balance between calculation and physical would have you emerging as the victor", his master said to him."Drop the pot now.Gently", he said.Soul did as his master asked, feeling relieved of his burden.Durpaneus:"There are also moments in life where our endurance is put of to test, this is most often the moment when a simple human cracks under the pressure causing himself his fail.Do you think you can whitstand pressure on any form?".Soul:"I think, yes...".The master then sighted."Very well", he said."Go pick up that pot again and hold it over that pile of wood!".Soul obliged and did as his master ordered without question and carried the big pot over the tidy pile of wood."What's he gonna do?", Soul asked himself."There's no way a fire could start up here".But it could and it did.As soon as his master rubbed two stones together they produced a sparkling light and the wood was on fire.Soul asked no question and just kept the pot in place above the fire.He hadn't even bothered to ask the master of the pot's contents.The clay-like pot started getting hotter and hotter and the heat hurt Soul's hands but he let no hint of pain out as he held the pot.He looked at his trembling arms and noticed they were getting red and the skin was cracking up a little bit.The smell of burned skin and hair made him want to vomit, he couldn't even keep his eyes open as he had to face the urge of dropping the pot and dipping his hands into the cold snow, an image that brought peace to his ever troubled mind.The fire was becoming taller and taller and his pain became unbearable."I am going to drop it, I will, it's not worth it", these were the words he kept telling to himself.But in the end, he kept going because that is what his master would have wanted.After a few more awful minutes, his master said:'That is enough, leave the pot in the snow!".The disciple did as his master asked and immediately dunked his hands in the snow.He felt very reliefed as the screeching pain left his body and he felt his hands getting even more numb.Durpaneus aproached him and said:"Get up, you need to get yourself fixed up".He bandaged his disciple's both arms inside the hut just as the pain was starting to come back.The master then went back outside and came back with the pot, seemingly cooled down.He lifted the top of the pot - waves of hot steam started coming out, carrying a pleasant aroma."What lesson is this?", Soul asked baffled.The master ignored him, he took out two bowls seemingly out of nowhere and poured the soup in both of the bowls and offered one of them to Soul.

"Nobility draws rewards", he said to Soul."What do you mean?", Soul asked.Durpaneus:"You helped an old man warm his supper, enjoy it".Soul looked at the boiling soup, filled with vegetables and chicken - he got hungry and ate it fast then he laid on his matress and drifted directly to sleep

A few days after the lesson, Durpaneus sent Soul back to central district, to Hefei, to deliver a letter to the official, Zhao Hantie.Just as he handed him the letter and started leaving he heard somebody behind:"Hey, stupid vagabond!".He turned around to see a young disciple of Wu-Tang, maybe a few years younger than Soul himself."What the hell do you want?", Soul asked.The disciple started walkign arrogantly to Soul, gripping his sword's handle with his left hand as it was sheated.When he was infront of Soul he spat at his feet, right on his shoes.Soul looked at his shoes then at the disciple and said:"Listen here, you little sheat, I've dealt with the likes of you before so just leave while I'm still in a good mood".The disciple started laughing:"Hahaha, I hate you guys' guts.You stupid vagabonds think you're better than everyone else because you're neutral.Or excuse me, I might be juding this through the light of my hate for you and your brothers' kind!".Soul felt his feet trembling and his palms sweating.After a moment he spoke:"What do you mean shithead?".The disciple:"I hate you fucking Japs!All of your kind!You're all arrogant and hypocrites.You isolated yourself from the rest of the world yet you still dared to attack China.Liaodong was a great place before you Japs came!".Soul:"You're making confusion between a man of Japanese ancestry and the School of Rising Sun, a criminal organisation?You must be dumb as bricks!".The disciple:"Shut the hell up, weakling.To Hell with you and your big mouth.You think you're so smart for that shit up in North Sea, The Exceptional Northern Sky, they call you - you're kind of a tragic hero-like character up there!".Soul was intrigued."Oh yeah?", he said.The disciple:"Of course, everybody knows about the great Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond, the hero that killed the Queen and saved North Sea, uniting the clans for this cause, lost all of his friends in the war and dissapeared after being rejected by his love, princess Xue Di!".Soul:"I was not rejected by Xue Di, she was bethroted to another!Do you have any sense of morality?And if you are so good why aren't you considered a hero?"The disciple let out a big laugh again and said:"My actions speak for me, not stupid tales, you whiny bitch.You're a fraud!A big arrogant phony, just like your brother, Judai!".Soul got angry and held a dagger to the disciple's throat."One more ill word, and you're dead!", Soul said.The disciple:"Ha ha ha, such a neutral way you live!If you really want to do something, meet you at Crimson Monolith, Bloody Plains, in half an hour!This, if you have the guts, of course!", then he turned around and left.

Half an hour later, they were both fighting each other at the Crimson Monolith.Soul was given the "honor" to attack first and he did so by a straight pole attack, a hasteful move, as the disciple just dodged it and used the opportunity to hit Soul in the back with the handle, making him fall to his knees.He gasped as he hit the hard rock with his knees."Get up, weakling!", the disciple said."How do you expect to defeat me if you can't even hit me?Ha ha ha...What is happening to you?", those were the last words that came out of his mouth when he noticed a red aura coming from Soul."You're making me very angry", Soul said to the disciple.He got up, seemingly unharmed and came into his attack position.By the time he fully charged at the Wu-Tang, his red aura had completely dissapeared.He attacked with all of his strengh, the disciple was barely able to parry all of his fast attacks - it was like a storm of hits."Stop, please!You're going to kill me!", the disciple yelled in a desperate voice.Soul was angry.You insulted my family and my heritage and bashed that you would best me in combat.Now be a man and die with dignity!".The last sentence was the last thing the disciple would ever hear again as he died by the rage of the angry vagabond.He fell on his back, dead, making a noise that echoed through the whole place.

Soul ascended the mountains in Tibet, with steam coming out of his cheeks from his blistering tears.Alot of people looked at him as he walked through the land, with a lost look on his face, tears rolling from his eyes.After some time, he arrived at his master's place.Durpaneus was meditating, his back turned at Soul, overlooking the Tibet area from the steep edge."I did a grave thing, master!", Soul said between tears as he was sobbing his life out.Durpaneus:"I know of your deeds, you took a life that wasn't yours to take".Soul:"He insulted my family, and my heritage!".Durpaneus:"I know, and I must ask you, was it worth it?Was it worth killing another man?You were feeding his ago as you were feeling yours".Soul started sobbing even harder."I am sorry, I am terribly sorry.What can I do now?He's privy of a long life because of me".Durpaneus got up using his cane and turned around, coming to Soul, he knew what was about to happen.He accepted his punishment: three hits, two in the legs and one in the stomach.
"You dissapoint me, for you have lied to me.You said you came here to look for enlightement and yet you defiled me and spat on each and every of my lessons.Why should I keep training you?".Soul got up, wiped off his tears and spoke:"Now I know that one's life is not mine to take".Durpaneus smiled:"And since you know that, and you know that bringing death to another won't bring you joy, do you still wish to pursue Shi Shen?".Soul:"Yes, master.I do not wish to kill him.I wish to subdue him and bring him to justice.Killing him won't bring my family back!".

Durpaneus looked directly into Soul's eyes, the vagabond noticed his master seemed younger than before.The master studied his disciple for a second and then spoke:
"Good, now we can begin your real training"

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 15.Final Resting Place

Post  Soul Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:27 am

Day after day, Hefei marketplace was as busy as it could get.The combination of hot air, sweat and general agitation made it a very lively place.Even then, at night, the shiny lights could be seen from the distance on a nearby hill where a shadow stood still, watching, learning.The man was dressed in a conical straw hat covering his eyes and a long black cape covering his body - he looked more like a bat than a man.The straw hat was covering most of his face so one could not make out his features.Suddenly, from behind, another man came and spoke:"Is everything going well?", he asked the straw hat man.The latter answered:"Everything is falling into place.A few more months and all will be well".Second man:"Perfect, anyone who could oppose us?".Straw Hat:"A bunch of vagabonds in Nanchang have been causing trouble lately".''Anything serious?", asked the second man.Straw hat answered:"No...".Then the second man turned around and started leaving."I trust your judgement in this", he said to the straw hat man as he was leaving.As he walked, the moon beams shined on his armor, outlining the model on his breastplate - a coal black dragon

Meanwhile in Tibet, Soul had been training under Durpaneus' tutellage for a year now.Visions of Shi Shen still plagued his mind at night, shadows lurking at the corner of his eyes at day and dancing on the walls at night under the light of the moon.Day after day, he did his master's chores and trained his sword technique AND his mind.
"It is almost time", Durpaneus said to Soul.Soul got out of meditating position and got up."Shave your beard!", his master said to him.Soul hadn't shaved in a very long time, he lost count of the days, months and his beard grew to an impressive lenght.He did as his master ordered and procedeed to shave his beard.After some time, his face was as neat as it was a few years back when he started roaming the land as a vagabond."What about the hair?", he asked his master pointing with his hand to his long jet black hair that he kept untied.Durpaneus:"Alot of great swordsmen, long before you were born, lost their lives because they gave more attention to their hair than to their surrounding, arrogant people of high class".Soul:"But I also like my hair like this, to be honest"."Then tie it in a bun or even a ponytail if you think it helps your moves.Master Lingyun of Wu-Tang had long black hair as yours and kept it tied in a ponytail and he was the greatest swordman there ever was.He used to say that the way he tied his hair helped him move, in a way", Durpaneus said to Soul.Soul:"Really?How would I do that?".His master gave him a dissapointed look and turned around walking."Much to learn, very much indeed", he said as he walked.Soul went on a nearby peak and got directly into meditation position, feeling his time is near.Just as he expected, the vile man appeared before him in his vision, weilding his fan, covering the lower half of his face."Come...Come...Your end is near.Let Potala be your final resting place as I dip the ground with your blood..."
It was the signal Soul needed.His master sensed it and came to him."It is time", he said to Soul."Go make good use of the lessons I've taught you.The final test is expecting you".Soul:"Thank-you, Master!Thank-you for everything!", he said in a calm voice, calmer than his usual demenaour.He took his battle armor, his sword and he left, descending the mountain to Potala Palace..As he was aproaching the tall, marble castle he encountered a damned spirit, Zhang Suhu, The Sword of no Mercy, that wanted to kill Soul but the latter defeated him quite with ease, despite being much weaker than the damned spirit.Arriving at Potala Palace, calm and calculated, he saw his enemy - Diyu Xue, The Shi Sen
"Kekeke, Soul...I've been waiting for you.I've been waiting to finish what I started over 10 years ago!", the vile man said.Soul:"You wouldn't finish it with me anyway, Shen.Both my brothers and my parents are alive!".The vile man laughed."I beg to differ!", he said to Soul.The latter was confused."What do you mean, Shi Shen?", Soul asked.Shi Shen:"Naive boy, your parents are as dead as they can be.I took care of that long ago!".Soul felt the rise of that old familiar feeling - he hated it.He immediately thought of positive things to make the feeling go away.Soul:"You will pay for your crimes, I won't act in haste as I did before.I will apprehend you and bring you personally to Beijing, before the emperor!".Shi Shen:"You forget that I can still fight", he said as he waved his fan in a circular motion towards Soul.It created a small whirlwind that made Soul fall on his back.He got up as fast as he could and took out his sword and ran towards him as fast as he could.When he got close he took out the sword and cut Shi Shen across the stomach, his robes getting soaked with his blood.This lasted for a few seconds until all of sudden the bleeding stopped and Shi Shen's robes became beige again.He fixated Soul with his gaze."You'll have to do more than that!", he said to Soul as he hit him with his fan in the face.Soul felt as he had been hit by a metal bar and fell to the ground.He coughed a little and he could see blood drops falling to the ground from his face, his lower lip had been broken.He checked for broken teeth and when he realized he still had them all he retreated and clenched his sword with his right arm.He started a direct attack again and Shi Shen parried all of his hits with ease.Soul used a charging sword technique Durpaneus had taught him.Shi Shen had a look of surprise on his face and was visibly hit, his clothes being ripped in some places."Amazing!", he said."You were taught highly secret Wu-Tang techniques as a vagabond!Even if you are to defeat me the Wu-Tang clan will surely have yours and your master's head for this.After all, Tianxing does not value you close to his heart after all the shit you've said to him!".Soul felt arrogant for a moment and spoke:"Then how about I kill you so nobody finds out?".Then he proceeded to attack him with smashing techniques, each more powerful than the other.The vile man was able to parry most of his hits but a few got to him and he became hurt."They'll have you executed, both you, your masters and your brothers!", he yelled to Soul as he attacked back with ferocius force.

Soul looked at the vile man that muredered his clan before, the seemingly immortal villain that he despised for almost two years.He looked at him as he stood there, visibly hurt, sweating and with most of his clothes ripped.Shi Shen was breathing heavily and looked directly into Soul's eyes."IT IS TIME WE STOPPED PLAYING!", he said to Soul.He grabbed his clothes with both of his hands and ripped him apart.Soul was shocked, on the outside, he seemed like a lean man but underneath his clothes he hid a slightly muscular body, not anything impressive, thought it was different than Soul expected.He kept only his pants and boots on while most of his broken robe was laying on the ground, with a few parts lifelessly hanging from his belt.He then held his fan's handle with both of his hands and pulled in two different directions.A faint metal sound came from the fan as apparently its handle got a bit larger.Shi Shen then held the lower part with his right hand and lifted his arm fast up in the air, revealing a long chain, connecting the two fan parts.Soul watched, almost hypnotized by the fan's dance in the air.Before the chain could extend to the maximum, Shi Shen retreated fast behind, pulling it with him.Then seemingly he ran towards Soul.The vagabond got in defensive stance and Shi Shen stopped midway.When Soul realized the fan was coming right at him, it was already too late.He defended as good as as he could with his sword.The fan, modeled as a lotus, had sharp margins that penetrated Soul's skins in three places.He left out a gasp as he desperatedly tried to pull out the fan using his hands, ultimately making deep cuts in his fingers.The vile man started aproaching slowly."It appears like all of your efforts had been in vain after all", he said to Soul.Soul managed to get the fan out.It hit the ground with a faint sound.Soul walked a few step behind, staggering not to fall.He remainded on his legs, clutching his stomach with his left hand and his sword with his right hand, as his life depended on it - and it pretty much did.Shi Shen:"You put up an impressive, albeit short fight and I appreciate you for this, had you been a little faster you could have killed me!".Soul hated those words, his whole life had happened on similar situations, he was too late to stop the bloodshed in North Sea Icy Palace, too weak to avoid Tru's death and too slow to avenge the death of his family and prevent the vile man from wrecking havoc across the land.His dying thoughts went to the Third Princess, his old love, to his friends, Tru, Gaiden, Legend, Shiomi and the whole vagabond army.Shi Shen lifted up the handle of the fan and moved it around in a circular matter across his head.The chain assembled back and it became a simple fan again.The vile man's face contorted into a maniac monstrosity.He spoke in a terrifying voice:"NOW, ARE YOU READY TO FULFILL YOUR DESTINY?!LEND ME YOUR BODY SO WE CAN FULFILL THE PROPHECY!".Soul was confused."*cough*What...*cough*What prophecy?", he asked, staggering not to fall from the effort.Shi Shen:"You don't know, hehehe.I guess your good old father didn't leave you too much information through that tome of his, or knowing you, you hadn't paid attention.Alright, I will tell you.An old prophecy regarding the Feng clan was made by an old hermit on top of Mount Miankotsu, back to your roots, in Japan.It was said that the family is destined to be born in high riches but to suffer humiliation and disaster at the hands of others.But a messiah-like man will be born into the family, a messiah for the family.The second son of a second son will be born with a great power, unknown to the land of the living, he will be born in a time of great turmoil to bring peace to the future using his power".Soul was baffled and could not believe what he just heard.He started smiling, with all the blood running down his face."Whatever power *cough*", he said, advancing towards Shi Shen, "Whatever power I have inherited it is not yours to take!".Shi Shen let out the most maniacal laugh Soul's ever heard then spoke in a fast manner:"You don't understand, I made you who you are.I made you angry, I made you antisocial, I made you a hateful person!".Soul:"I have changed, I am not the same hateful person I was before!".Shi Shen"Nonsense, you still are hateful, DEEP DOWN!".Soul yelled:"NO, I AM NOT!", feeling his blood boiling.Shi Shen:"See?You are angry!I made you like this, for the past 15 years I've been orchestrating this moment and all the pieces fell together!I killed your whole family, you couldn't feel hate yet as you were just a stupid toddler, but it weakened the defenses around you.Then when you became aware of the world and surroundings, I killed your only comfort, your uncle Huiliang!".Soul could not believe what he was hearing, his rage growing more and more powerful.Shi Shen was advancing to Soul in a fast pace as he was speaking with that maniacal look on his face."Then I made sure you will follow the clanless path so you wouldn't possibly be physical powerful enough to defeat me, I made your hate grow even bigger by making Shen Mo do what he did to you back then in Jinan!".A red aura started appearing around Soul.By then, Shi Shen was almost running towards him."Then I made you lose your friends, I orchestrated the coup at North Sea Icy Palace, the whole war up there, I had thee soldiers kill your friend Delun and the queen kill your other friends!".Soul let his head down, letting tears roll from his eyes, he could hear the vile monster's footsteps fastly approaching."BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHY?YOU KNOW WHY SOUL?BECAUSE HATE FEEDS YOUR POWER.YOU CAN BARELY WHITSTAND IT BUT I WAS BORN IN IT, IT MOLDED ME.I JUST GAVE YOU MORE POWER FOR THE TIME I CAME TO TAKE IT!".Soul felt his end was near and wanted no more fighting, his whole life had been a lie.It was like he was raised like a pig for slaughter.All he wanted at that moment was the pleasant comfort of the lotus blade fan.He closed his eyes and with his mind he could see the vile creature that killed his family, approaching, with his maniacal laughter and contorted facial features, the look of excitement on his face looked almost unreal.He jumped, holding his fan straight to Soul's chest.He aproached, Soul's last thoughts went to his parents and how he hoped to have met them.He heard the vile monster touch the ground and he also heard the sound of blades piercing through flesh and bones - he felt nothing."Does death not even hurt at all?", he thought to himself.He opened his eyes to be greeted by the most beautiful and relieving smile he could ever see.It was Hikari, holding her palms on Soul's shoulder, a half meter distance between their bodies.Shi Shen's lotus fan was coming out like a bloodied organ out of Hikari's body.
Soul:"Hikari...Why?".Hikari smiled and spoke:"Because you taught me that some people are worth sacrifing for, Soul.My dream of peace does not die here.The flame of my will shall continue burning through you.I believe in you, vagabond.We all do.We all love you".The vile monster was baffled and did not know what to do.Taking advantage of his confusion, with her last powers, she took out her sword and plunged it into Shi Shen's shoulder.The vile monster let out a big cry and retreated behind, pulling out his fan from the woman's torso.She left out a big gasp and fell to the ground.Soul limped to her and fell on his knees, craddling her in his arms, both of them were a bloody mess."Hikari...", he spoke as he held her tight, tears rolling from his face."Please...", she said."My name...is...Shiomi...", those were her last words.She died in front of Potala Palace in Tibet, in a pool of her own blood.Soul felt that old rage manifesting itself as red steam coming out of his body."GOOD, LET IT FLOW THROUGH YOU.THAT GIRL ONLY BOUGHT YOU SOME MORE TIME AND ME SOME MORE RAGEFUL POWER!", Shi Shen howled.Soul got up, his eyes shining red."Do you wish to live?", the words echoed through his mind that very moment.He suddenly remembered those words as clear as day, the same words he heard while fighting The Alchemist in a rage.It instructed him to read his father's tome."Before you didn't want to tell me", Soul said to the voice in his mind."But now I know who you are!Will you help me?".The Voice:"Only if you are willing to help yourself and let go of all of that hate!".Soul nodded and turned to Shi Shen, he was levitating from the ground and the aura became blue and his eyes became normal again...and not.They looked older and wiser and behind him stood a ghost whose features could not be made.

"You, Diyu Xue, The Shi Shen!", his words echoed through the valley making snow fall.The vile monster was visibly scared."No, what happened?You let go of all of your rage!", he said in a desperate voice.Soul:"Yes, there is no rage here now!I wanted to aprehend you and bring you to justice.But there is no earthly justice that could possibly rehabilitate you.Killing you won't bring back my family and friends but still, I can't risk letting you hurt anymore people".Shi Shen looked as Soul's shadow extended right to him from the ground and merged with his own, suddenly he was paralyzed.Shi Shen:"What's happening?LET GO OF ME, FILTHY VAGABOND!".Soul held his sword to him and spoke:"This is for all the people you killed, may their souls find their peace.Yours aswell!".Then he flew right to Shi Shen holding his sword straight.He had a strange position, had we not know what was happening, it would appear that he is clutching to his sword, pulled by an invisible force, not to fall and current is pulling him behind.His sword went right into Shen's heart.Soul stopped infront of him and looked the man who killed his fmaily in the eyes and watched as the whole breeze of life left the vile man's eyes.Soul then looked at his hand plunged into his chest, the blood that was coming out was not the usual crimson red, but jet black.Soul was intrigued.The blood then started moving on it's own on Soul's body, he watched as all the blood inside the vile man's body was being drained through the hole in his chest right on Soul's body.He felt it enter his skin, burning his whole body.He took one last look at the horrible sight that became of the vile man's face, he looked like a very old man and his teeth were falling off, he was also very pale and skinny.His mouth was open and he saw a black steam come out of his mouth and enter Soul's body fast through his nostrils.He struggled and fought but he could feel his body was starting to act on his own.Suddenly, his hands started peeling his face.He tried to yell in pain but his mouth wouldn't open, only his eyes were still his.What was controlling him looked at the pieces of bloody red meat shed on the ground the went to a nearby puddle.

In the puddle, Soul could see a face that wasn't his, a mix between Shi Shen's face and his.Words came out of his mouth in a voice that wasn't his:"You felt right into my trap!"

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 16.The Longest Moment

Post  Soul Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Soul wanted to scream once more but once again, he could not.Shi Shen took control of his body, he tricked Soul.The human monster now had Soul's power along with his own."I sense no hate in your heart, Soul.That's too bad.I'il have to make do with what we have here", Shi Shen spoke.Soul's body fell to the ground and Soul's own voice spoke through his mouth:"Leave my body you hellspawn!What are you going to do?!".The body got up from the ground and the voice that spoke then belonged to the vile man:"You will see.But first, let's get some better threads".He said that looking at a strange man that had just decended from Potala, all clad in black robes over white clothes, masked and carrying a saber."You got an interesting pair of clothes and weapon, warrior!", he said to the man.The man answered arrogantly:"I am a wanted disciple of Heavenly Demon, get out of my way or I will kill you!", then he pointed his saber to Shi Shen.The later smiled and said:"Bad choice" and dissapeared from his place and appeared just behind the wanted man.He grabbed his head and broke his neck, killing him instantly.Then he took his clothes, mask and saber.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 33w2y39

Soul felt his legs moving on their own, running through Tibet with a powerful Lightfoot technique, much more powerful than his.He saw himself running fast across the vast lands near Potala."Where are you taking me?", Soul asked.Shi Shen:"You'll see soon enough!".Then Soul realized where they were going."Durpaneus is going to destroy you!", Soul said.Shi Shen laughed and spoke arrogantly:"That old fucker can't do shit to me!".As they ascended the highest mountain, they arrived at Soul's master's hut, only to find it empty, for Durpaneus was. at that moment, in the Cave of the Conqueror at the fourth level, speaking with the Nameless Vagabond.

We have failed, Langke!", Durpaneus said to the Nameless One.The later spoke:"We did not know how things would turn out.Durpaneus looked dissapointed to the ground.He looked younger than Soul's ever seen him.Soul stopped paying attention to his appearance for he noticed he was an illusionist and could alter his appearance at will.At that moment, he had brown hair and a black beard and wore ragged clothes similar to the people of the League of Beggars.The Vagabond spoke:"It was us that thought he would be able to control the vile man were he to possess him...".Durpaneus:"And we failed, the vile man took control of his body.Right now he's in Tibet, looking for me.And the moment he find me it will be my end".The Vagabond put his hand on his friend's shoulder."It is not your end, friend.We'll find a way to cure you", The Vagabond said in an enthusiastic tone to his friend.Durpaneus:"No...I am dying and that's it.I trained Soul in the hope that he will unlock his true potential during the fight and MAYBE, with his new-found power, he would cure me too.I am weak!".He then took off his jacket to reveal a frail body with a big black spot extending from his right shoulder to his left arm, all the way to the left hand."I cannot even fight anymore.The poison stopped spreading but with it, rendering my left hand useless!".The Vagabond:"I understand, I will try to handle with Soul myself then".Durpaneus:"Everything that's happened through the past year and especially the last hours stressed me out, Zhongyuan.I need to take a walk and maybe a bath too...".The Vagabond looked saddened at his friend, who was aging before his very eyes, his hair turning grey.The Vagabond:"I understand", he said looking saddened at the ground.Durpaneus put his now-frail arms on his friend's shoulders and smiled at him.Then he spoke:"I trust you will do what is necessary, my friend!".Durpaneus then left The Nameless One and walked further, slowly venturing deeper inside the Cave of The Conqueror, after barely being able to walk for a few hours, he found himself at the edge of a small cliff.Beneath it, four meters down, was a deep body of water.And to the left of it, there was another cliff side and he could not see the deepness of the pit because of the darkness.He carefully took out his clothes and with his last power, threw them in the pit.By now, he looked much older than before, like he was a man in his eighties.Using his last powers, he jumped in the deep well and allowed himself to lean down to the black everlasting abyss.He sank with a smile on his face, his sole regret being the fact that he was not able to help his friend Zhou's son.

In the meanwhile, Soul's body was running on its own through Liaodong, not even stopping to attack the disciples of Rising Sun that attacked him.He was in immense pain but could not make himself able to yell.It was all all because the vile man was trying to capture his body completely.The face was covered by the mask but were it for someone to take it off, they would already see a face that wasn't Soul's anymore for the most of it.After running for some time they arrived at the Holy Halls of the Vagabond Army in Nanchang.Soul spoke desperately in his mind to his captor:"No, no, no!Leave them out of this!They did you no harm!".Shi Shen:"I can't risk your friends making life hard for me!".Two of Soul's junior brothers, Z and Errant arrived before Shi Shen.Errant spoke:"Show your face, coward!", clutching his sword's handle with his right hand.Shi Shen laughed and took off his mask.The disciples had no way of knowing that face so he put his hand in front of his face for a second and when he took it away they saw Soul's face.Z was in shock and said:"Soul!How could you betray us?".Soul begged Shi Shen to show his true face to no avail.He attacked both disciples with his saber, killing Z instantly and wounding Errant mortally.Errant:"You piece of shit!You helped build this guild and now you are destroying it?!YOU ARE NO BROTHER OF US!".Those were his last words as the saber penetrated his chest, killing him instantly.Shi Shen:"Now for the grand finale!", he held his arms up in the air conjuring an energy sphere, he started levitating.As the ball of lightning-like energy became big enough he pushed it into the direction of the castle using his fan.The castle went up in a blow and in a second, all that was left was destruction, smoke and fire.Soul felt the agony of not being able to help his friends again.Shi Shen left Nanchang in a hurry and went directly to Bloody Plain.Imperial and Infernal Army soldiers had been alerted and both them and Government Soldiers tried attacking him on the way but he killed them with ease.After arriving in Bloody Plain a few clan disciples tried to attack him, perhaps hearing who he is, perhaps thinking he's a lowly vagabond.Nevertheless, he killed each and every of them with ease and everyone who tried to oppose hm in Bloody Plain or the Cave of the Conqueror.As he was descending the cave he felt poison enter his lung but he was so powerful that poison did not affect him anymore.Descending to level 4 of the Cave, he saw the Vagabond from the distance.

"ZHONGYUAN LANGKE!", Shi Shen yelled."I have waited for over 15 years to finally be able to stand up against you.I am not yet able to fully control this body and I need your knowledge on this matter!".The Vagabond:"My knowledge is not to be shared with the likes of you!".Shi Shen:"Then I shall fight you to gain access to it.The Vagabond:[i]"I do not wish to fight you but so be it.I will leave you time to wear that fancy costume of yours".Shi Shen laughed and changed into his battle armor

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 71s4ud
[/i]

He charged at The Vagabond with all of his force, only to be thrown back by an unseeable power.He landed on his feet."Impressive technique, Vagabond, but it won't save you!".Before he could attack any further, he became dizzy, disoriented and fell to the ground anguished.Suddenly, his vision became blurry and the colors were weird.He got up and felt like he moved slower than usual.The Vagabond was in his usual place, having not moved at all but ahead of Shi Shen stood another one, another Vagabond.They both resembled each other though the new one, somehow, looked different, as he was another person.The new Vagabond had a similar face to the Nameless One and similar clothes, he looked much like a League disciple to Shi Shen.He felt drunken, his feet heavy.He did not wait for long and attacked the new Vagabond that put up an impressive fight.He parried most of Shi Shen's moves.The vile man was amazed and confused at the whole situation.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 2wp8bdh

"Just die already, Zhongyuan Langke!", Shi Shen yelled in a desperate voice.The second Vagabond was clearly more powerful than him in his new body.He heard Soul's voice yell from deep down:"Stop now and leave my body!" but he did not want to oblige.With his last breeze of life, clinging to power, he used the last bits of his force to attack the other Vagabond with a charging attack.It created a small crater and a dense cloud of smoke.As the smoke cleared he realized the Vagabond remained there unharmed.He charged back at Shi Shen with his fist technique, hitting him right in the chest.He left out a gasp of pain and spat blood all over the ground.He took off his mask because he felt he couldn't breathe anymore, his face was a terrible mash between his and Soul's face.Soul's tearful brown eye was in the right socket while the vile man's cold icy blue eye was on the left side and it appeared as if his face was peeling off.He desperately took out his armor to notice a circular hole in his abdomen from where black blood was pouring out.Shi Shen fell to the ground.All of sudden, Soul was himself again in a strange place, white all around.He looked at the man infront of him and smiled, recognising the familiar face.Legend smiled back at him and close, he started fading away and Soul started going back to the old surroundings.He noticed he was back in his usual clothes and turned around to the frail human form laying on the ground.Shi Shen was sitting in fetal position, all dry and skinny and scared, trembling.He looked at Soul with begging eyes.
"Mercy", Soul said as he plunged his sword into the vile man's chest.His body immediately turned to some kind of crystal dust.Soul turned around to The Vagabond and smiled, the latter returning with a small smile.He then remembered all of the disciples that Shi Shen has killed on his way to the Cave and he remembered he destroyed the Vagabond army too and even killing Errant and Z and possibly many more.Soul went to the crystal dust that remained of Shi Shen's body and knew just what to do.He went into meditation position infront of the dust pile, keeping his hands together in a praying position.The pile suddenly started glowing shiny lights like the sun rays.Small particles of this shiny energy came out of the main core and flew right through the ceiling of the cave and up to the land.

Everywhere, people who were killed by the vile man were immediately coming back to life after being hit by the balls of lightning.And the biggest light of them all, big as a comet, came directly to the middle of Nanchang hitting the courtyard of the Holy Halls where the vagabonds were mourning their dead.The comet hit the ground causing a great while light that hurt one's eyes, making people cover their eyes with their hands.Suddenly, all of the disciples came back to life, confused.Errant woke up near Z and even Gaiden, still in a comatose state, opened his eyes for a moment and smiled.Another ball of lightning hit the ruins of the building itself and in no more than a few seconds, the lights faded away and the castle stood tall and proud as always.

"You saved them all, Soul", The Vagabond spoke to him."You're a hero to your brothers!".But Soul was not happy, his usual happy face was now plain and stern.He looked at his unkept hair.For the effort of bringing everyone back to life, or even because of this terrible situation, it became grey and cold just like his heart."Master Durpaneus is dead", he said to The Vagabond.The Vagabond:"Yes indeed, but his sacrifice was for a worthy cause, you have now unlocked your true potential and avenged your clan and all the people that Diyu Xue, The Shi Shen killed".Soul:"I only feel shallow, killing him did not bring back my family".The Vagabond:"You honestly did not expect anything more, I hope.What is important now, Soul, is that you've reached enlightenment.You can go back to your friends now and celebrate".Soul:"I hope you don't mind, Nameless One, if I don't do that just now.I wanna stay here for a while to meditate..."

"So be it, then..."

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty Foreword: A New Day

Post  Soul Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:55 pm

"Just go to sleep", and went to sleep did poor Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond. The Nameless One's words echoed all through his head. And so he did. He would need some time to recover after this whole traumatic ordeal. "What have I done?", he said with a weak voice, the voice of someone about to drift off to the land of dreamless sleep. "Do not worry about all that now vagabond, everyone that was killed today was brought back to life", spoke the voice of The Nameless One or either his son; Soul did not know which of them anymore. He continued:"We're vagabonds, that the whole thing that is to it. Things and places are temporary".He paused for a moment - "even people are, Soul!"

"Sh..Shhi...Shiomii?", he asked with the fainting vigor of a dying man. The Vagabond answered: "She is unfortunately still not back in the land of the living. When consuming her spirit, Shi Shen bound his soul to her own, to create a chackra vessel out of hers, to make himself able to completely come to life in your body in this land of the living. Shiomi's body remained damaged - broken beyond repair". Soul did not know what to say, but even if he did, his mind was already drifting to a better place, a place where he felt no suffering for the crimes that happened on that very day, the destruction of the Holy Halls of the Vagabond Army at the hands of the one that helped establish the guild in that very castle, or the death of his dear Shiomi.

It would not be fair of me to tell you how much time passed and how the balance of chackra changed and shifted during the time that Soul slept his redeeming sleep, his whole spirit numbed by eternal tranquil as he healed his body and spirit. However, it would be fair of me to at least guarantee you that the man that woke up that fateful day that he did, was not the man that went to sleep for what he would later describe as having felt like "a thousand and two years ago". It is as if during this whole time Soul's world would move on and he would stay in place. But I tell you this; a person's spirit, aura or soul even, call it however you want, it never stays put. One's very essence, their ki, their good and bad and yin and yang and their whole within-world of karmic antithetes. It would not be possible to ever find the right words to discuss what happened to Soul's own soul after that sleep, but it's enough to say it was a meditative sleep in its own right. He would awake not illuminated and as a higher self, but not oblivious either. When he did woke up, he felt as if for a thousand and two years, he was sleeping and living at the same time...

TO BE CONTINUED

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 1. The new world

Post  Soul Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:26 pm

The not-so-young vagabond felt like he was coming back to his senses after what felt like an eternity. He opened his eyes to grasp at the tall ceiling of the fourth level of the Cave of the Conqueror. He was laying on top of a great boulder carved from the outside to the inside in the form of a stoney bed, next to a stoney table and two chairs. On his bed laid Soul, once known as The Stubborn Vagabond, now a shallow shadow of the former man. He woke up laying in the stone bed, head resting on a straw pillow. His bruised body was covered by a rough wollen blanket. He tried to get up on his bottom but felt his body was not cooperating. He fell back on his head and bumped it against the stone margin of the bed. "Argh, hells...", he cried as he massaged his now-swollen head. He put his hand on his cheeks and realized his face was covered in a rough beard and he felt like his skin has gotten a bit wrinkly. All this along with the pain in his right hand, his weapon hand, made Soul have a terrific realization - He had been asleep for years!

He finally managed to get up from the bed, swaying and struggling to keep his balance, blanket falling off his aged body revealed he was completely naked, as he felt the cool air beating against his body. One might except that Soul's state would be one of astound and dumbfoundness, suddenly realizing what has happened and falling on his knees, struck with guilt. But it is not the case, as Soul woke up with everything fresh in mind, just like it had happened some hours before, not years! He could still not grasp this whole idea of waking up so lucid, as nothing had happened, when in fact so much has happened, and the world has moved on, while he has stayed behind for who knows how many years. He looked around himself. On the table there was a teapot with steam coming out of it, along with a single small mug. Next to those was a set of common bandit clothes, a red tunic over half of the chest along with cotton pants, sandals and a red bandana. Soul got dressed and sat down, sipping on some tea. He felt his vigor slowly coming back to him and him getting back to his senses. "How long have I been asleep?", he wondered to himself, a bit afraid at the prospect of how the world above would look. He noticed he did not have any of his old weapon on himself, not his saber, sword, nor his pole. Whoever left him clothes and tea(He had a vague idea who) did not bother to leave a weapon for the disoriented vagabond to fend enemies with. He tried to stretch his muscles and remember the fist stance technique that he had learned from Wu-Tang so many years back, but he realized he did not remember that technique, only a rudimentary, vagabond one. "It should do for now", he said to himself as he finished dunking the idea and got up from the table. Naturally, he went to the place in the Cave where The Nameless One usually stood, as he was the last person Soul saw before going to sleep, it was definitely him that would be able to help Soul. Unfortunately, as he aproached the very ground where a part of him died he noticed the vagabond not in his usual place. Instead, he could see some old rags alongside some unidentifiable pieces of bone, and a skull that had carved the letter X on its forehead. Soul was in shock, he could not process this whole idea. "Is this but an illusion master?!", he cried helplessly at the sight of the pathetic sack of bones. Nothing happened, the bones and rags did not get together in a magic vortex to transform into the father of the man that guided Soul's vagabond journey. The Vagabond, dead? He could not believe so many things have changed in that world. He used the secret passageway to ascen dto Bloody Plain and he was hit with the smell of fresh blood - in a typical and familiar matter, disciples of Wu Tang were fighting disciples of Heavenly Demon. Soul ran with his Lightfoot technique, the weak Cruising Along up to the entrance of the White Clans. Nobody was paying attention to him, they did not care for him. He even heard a disciple of the Heavenly Demon that he would not even embarass himself by killing a lowly warrior such as a "stupid vagabond" as is Soul. The vagabond turned to him, looked him dead in the eyes and said: "Good, kill each other then, scumbag". Naturally, the clan disciple followed Soul to punish him for his insolence, but Soul was roaming the land for more than the young disciple, and he quickly hid and teased him. "Can't even catch up with an old vagabond? Pathetic, disciple!". He did not halt no more, not even paying attention to the usual insults that the raging Fire Demon spew in every direction about how Soul was but a coward and he could never be as good as himself(the demon).

Even from the distance, he could hear voices rumbling, songs and the sweet smell of banana bread and burning sake as he entered the grounds of Hefei - once The Stubborn Vagabond Soul, the one that always stopped to help those in need, he was now just a rugged smelly vagrant. Naturally, the people igonored him and dared not even cross eyes with him. He went to the Vagabonds' District, also known as the Vagabonds' Quarter but he did not find anyone there, it seemed to have been deserted for quite some time. Hefei was as he remembered it, for the most part, but the city was now decoarated with beautiful red lampions and the roads had been paved. Also most of the buildings were decorated in a darker color, to match the streets - overall, he considered it an improvement. He was still processing everything that had happened, and he had an uncanny feeling about this new world, like he woke up still in his own world, but somehow it was an entirely different one. He could see people he knew in Hefei and noticed they were older, not significantly but enough for him to confirm his suspicions of having slept for years. None of his old acquiantances from Hefei recognised him, the doctor sold him medicine and gave him a weird cautious look and then sent him on his way. He went to the inn in Hefei, the one in the vagabonds district, sneaked up in his old room that reeked of rotten food and was full of cobwebs. He beat the wooden floor with his foot until he found a place where it sounded shallow, he removed the plank and found intact his old coin purse that he had for emergencies. Just as he fixed the plank back on the floor, the door slammed against the wall with a loud sound - with the innkeeper's husband's paranoid franatical face looking at Soul, a spear pointed at him. "Who are you? What are you doing here you vagrant?", he spat at him, revealing a mouth of uneven and crooked teeth. Soul looked at the man and smiled. He then spoke in his low, soothing calm voice "Pardon my indecency, good lord! I have been travelling from Beijing for the past monthis and haven't gotten a good night's sleep or bath in a very long time. i saw this inn and in my disoriented sleep-deprived state I must have barged into this room instead of the Inn's office. I would like, if it's not too much of a hussle, to rent this room for the night!", Soul said while holding up in the air the bag of coins, of which he took three golden coins with the emblem of the said clan stamped on it and proceeded to give them cautiously to the innkeeper. The simple man looked at the coins and then at Soul baffled. Finally he spoke: "Argh...Sure, sure why not? Not a hassle. Only this room hasn't been occupied in quite some years, and people say it's got a negative energy to it". Soul was intrigued: "What kind of negative energy you say?". The innkeeper: "I ain't the perfect one to tell you kid, people think it's back luck to speak of the Nanchang Incident so piss off. You want the room or not? It will cost you two silvers to have it cleaned up". Soul was a bit baffled, he thought to himself: "So everything was really not just a vivid dream, I...he really did all that". He felt nauseous at the thought of everything that happened. He threw two silver coins to the innkeeper as he walked past him, in the Hefei evening sun. "I'il be back by midnight", he said to the innkeeper. "There's more silver coming your way if I find a hot bath, hot food and a cold drink when I get back", he said as he winked to the simple man.

Soul spent a few days in Hefei, trying to recollect and put together what happened from the words of the other people he could talk to. Apparently, the Vagabond Army was brought back to life but their headquarters was destroyed. The real owner of the Cane Castle, their Holy Halls arrived at the sight of the debris, a wealthy man that had no idea that vagabond squatters were using this property. He ordered the castle to immediately be rebuilt and kicked the vagabonds that still wanted to stay there. Somebody, probably Legend for all Soul knew, tried to explain to the disciples what really happened but they could not be subdued, they all felt betrayed for their comrade Soul's insolence that resulted in so many deaths. Shiomi/Hikari was still dead and most of the vagabonds felt their trust in Legend and the clanless way fading away. Almost all of them chose to join clans and others left China definitively, while some of them joined the deviant clans. What was certain is that after the "Nanchang Incident" people felt once again distrust for vagabonds, and for that Soul felt ashamed, as he felt like he destroyed what Legend fought to attain. It seems that although pretty much everyone remembers that fatidic day, nobody except the former members of the Vagabond Army remember the details - Soul doubted people would believe he was behind it would he have told anyone. Desperately looking for answers and for a real recap of what happened in all those years, he went ot the Wudang Mountains to seek his brother, Judai
Arriving at the gates of the clan, as he was noticed, he was stopped by the guard.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 YUXJ8Nx

"HALT!", the familiar Longfeng guard yelled as he pointed his sword to Soul in a very defensive stance. Soul stopped and put his hands up in the air to show that he means no harm. Longfeng had fixated Soul with a cold hateful graze, as if he wanted to struck the vagabond down where he stood. "You have some guts showing your face around here traitor!", he yelled to Soul i na triumphant matter, as the other guards approached Soul from all sides with their weapons pointed at him - that's when Soul realized he would be taken into custody. He looked at Longfeng, thinking about the situation. Although Soul was powerful for a clanless warrior, even in his weakened state, he was no match for the guard. He spoke: "First of all, I hold no allegiance to your clan, so calling me a traitor is a far-fetched and untrue statement. I come in rags and unarmed wanting information and I get hostility for no apparent reason!". Immediately after finishing his sentence, he was strong-armed and held in place by two other guards. He did not try to oppose his arrest, knowing that whatever the confusion was, it would clear up once he talks with his brother.

Half an hour later, he was in the Wu-Tang prison. Master Tianxing, the leader of Wu-Tang came personally to visit. The stern old man, with his arms crossed at his back fixed Soul with a consterned serious look. Soul, behind the bars got up and did a deep bow before the Taoist Master. "Long days and sunny night to you, Master!", he wished to Tianxing. The master responded with a slight bow, never changing his expression. After a little while he spoke. "The circumstances of our meeting are sadly dire, Vagabond Soul. We thought you were dead for sure, I am surprised Longfeng recognised you under this vagrant guise". Soul: "Yeah well... I am still alive and back in the land. I seek answers to what happened in the time between my absence and now. You guard Longfeng aprehended me and threw me in prison, calling me a traitor". The Master looked with sad eyes to Soul and refused to speak for a while, turning his back to him and looking at the full moon that was illuminating the whole mountain side. Finally he spoke: "Your brother Judai defected Wu-Tang some years ago, made off with nothing but the clothes on his back and went to Tai Shan or Mount Yanmo". Soul was dumbfounded. "No, that can't be, it must be a misunderstanding. Judai is no traitor!", Soul yelled at Tianxing. The Master turned back to the vagabond and gave him one more serious look and spoke : "I am afraid it is the whole truth. Judai fell out with the ways of the Tao and disagreed with the clan on certain important matters. He was excomunicated, given a chance to still live in the village nearby as a sort of hermit guard. He refused and went to our mortal enemies, the Heavenly Demon. The demons would not have a practicer of the Tao in their ranks, so he went to join the Brotherhood of Thieves". Soul was left speechless. He needed a few minutes to properly process everything that he has heard from the old master of the Tao. Finally, he spoke to him: "So...given the sins of my brother against the Wu-Tang, does that mean that automatically I am also not welcomed here anymore? Is it because of that that I am being treated like a traitor by your clan, master?". Master Tianxing: "It is not like that, Xiao Soul. But most of my disciples, being as diciplined as they are, they still fail to grasp the ideological burden of this whole affair. Most of them were raised in the ways of the Tao since young, Judai was an outsider that came to our gates when he was late in his teen years. His internal turmoil made it impossible to see eye to eye with us. And while personally I could understand his reasons, as the leader of Wu-Tang I had to do my duty...". Soul was looking out to the moon, and not to the master, a tear rolling from his right cheek. He smiled. "Love is the death of duty, Master ", he said in a cynical voice. The master smiled. "Indeed it is", he said in a grave tone.

"I am sorry, Soul. Your brother is not welcome here anymore and due to pressure, I still cannot openly be on friendly terms with you and your vagabonds. I will let you be on your way for now. Try to avoid Wu-Tang Shan for a while, please. And I am not asking this as the Master of Wu-Tang, but as an old man that has come to respect a noble vagabond..."

And so Soul went on his way, struck with guilt for whatever happened to his brother. He went to Tianjin to ask about his other brother Amanojaku, but nobody there or in the land as a whole seen him for the past years. Soul's journey therefore led him to the mountains of Tai-Shan...

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 2. Tianjin and Tai-Shan

Post  Soul Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:21 pm

So it is that way that Soul's journey once again began. He left the clanbase of Wu-Tang under the auspicuous looks of the clan members that knew him to be the brother of Judai, The Traitor of Wu-Tang. Naturally, his journey would bring him directly to Tai-Shan but he was still so confused about this world he's woken up to, so he decided to seek answers. He had never dealt with Shaolin in any way before, apart for some people that he met of Shaolin many years before. So it is that he decided to make a stop in Tianjin before heading to the Gubei Province. He found Baijia Village as he had met it before. Dressed in his bandit rags, not many people approached Soul, except for a beggar girl. "Mister, could you spare a coin?". He gave her a coin and without further word he went his own way to request an audience with Drunken Moon. After some time, a clan guard approached Soul and said" "*HIC* A'ight, Drunken Moon is slightly sober and ready to see you. Follow me!". And so Soul did, without saying a word. He couldn't help but feel a sentiment of already having lived that before, and then he realized that many years ago these were more or less the words spoken by his brother when inviting Soul for an audience with the clan leader.

He arrived and presented Drunken Moon as was customary with a liquor - a precious Beijing Gold- he was surprised after speaking for some time with him to realize that Drunken Moon did not know him. Soul wondered if it's because of the alcohol, but  did not dare ask the clan leader. Drunken Moon told him that his brother Amanojaku, the League warrior vanished some years before in Loulan and chances were that he was dead, or worse. Soul dared not reflect upon these thoughts and when Drunken Moon finished his rambling Soul thanked him for his help and wanted to leave. Just as Soul turned his back and left, Drunken Moon called his name."Hey Soul!".Soul stopped and turned around."It is only fair that I pay you back for this great gift. I want you to have these", he said as he presented Soul with clothes. "What are those?", Soul asked even though he was already aware of what his answer would be.Drunken Moon:"These are some high quality beggar clothing. I would only present them to a member of the League but since technically they are still beggar clothes, there's not way fr me to impose them as a strict dress code and claim them as official clan garments". Soul looked at the clothes, already knowing what they are, a pair of blue cotton pants and shirt along with a vest, straw hat and two flasks - the ones that Drunken Moon had bestowed upon him long time ago, when he was headed to North Sea Icy Palace. He thanked the clan naster and left, deciding to still wear his bandit garb for some time, as he was about to enter the thieves' province of Gubei. He thought about changing his clothes when meeting the Overlord, but he thought that the bandit rags would feel more at home than being confused with a member of the League. He went directly to speak to the daughter of the Overlord's right hand man, Little Wind - the daughter of Deadly Tongue.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 UEkgKyB

"Greetings, young cub. Have you seen my brother Judai by mistake?", Soul asked carefully, not to upset the daughter of a clan official. The girl gave Soul a weird look then proceeded to study him from head to toe. Then she spoke: "My, my, you really are the brother of Judai, brother Vagabond Soul!". Soul didn't know if the last "brother" from the sentence was a means of expressing camaraderie to his ideal ways, but he proceeded to smile. "Indeed I am", he said jolly. "Do you happen to know where I might find him?". Little Wind: "I do, actually. He is in a meeting with my father and The Overlord at the moment. How do I know you're not an imposter or a phanthasm though? We heard you have died a few years ago. Some people even said they saw you being buried by your brother!". Soul was baffled. He thought to himself that indeed the world is different than how he remembered. Finally he spoke: "I am indeed as alive as I can be, if not a bit frail and lost my edge with Kung-Fu. I have sort of been sleeping since..." - he stopped, not wanting to remind of - "the Nanchang incident?", Little Wind asked joyfully? She continued: "Yes, we know a bad guy from your family possessed you and almost send the land in complete obliteration, he destroyed the Vagabond Army and you dissapeared that day. Diyu Xue, The Shi Shen wreaked havoc in Nanchang then went to the Cave of the Conqueror and was never seen again, and neither were you, and somehow the people he killed came back to life the following day". Soul couldn't believe how joyfully the girl spoke of such grave matters. She noticed he was a bit shaken. She smiled and spoke to him: "Weird how easy it is to discuss of the event, brother Soul? The world has moved on, and the people forgot". Soul: "Yeah...Sometimes I am under the impression it has done more than move on...Did you say some people claimed to have seen me killed?". Little Wind: "Aye, some warriors claim that some hours after Diyu Xue entered the Cave, your vagabond brother Legend was seen carrying a cadaver out of the cave. They say he buried the body in Tibet, marked grave", Soul was surprised, not caring about this whole death ordeal, as he had already understood that something is off about the world. He was more interested in other matters. He spoke to Little Wind: "I am very much alive, as you can see. What do you know of Legend? Is he still around?". Little Wind: "I don't know, nobody has seen him around here in quite some time. We heard conflicting versions - that he was living in India, or sailing the world in a brig called The Vagrant". Soul was thoughtful. "Hah, Legend the captain, that's something new, although entirely not out of character for him. I wouldn't be surprised", he said to himself. Little Wind: "Anyway, I will go fetch your brother for you, although I should warn you, he is not the same man you knew from the blue swords!". Soul was curious about the statement, he spoke: "Alright, have him meet me near the inn here in town. Thanks!".

After what felt like an eternity with nobody new to notice around the Bisha Village apart from the ordinary villagers going about their day in the hot sun. Finally, Soul could see a man coming his way. He was dressed in a blue suit with a bonnet holding his hair together. His face, perfect as wax with a split chin displayed the stern look of a man that hasn't smiled in a while. Where his right eye would be, one could notice a big brown eyepatch that was tied around the right side of his head, and multiple little scars could be noticed near the edges of the patch if one were to look closely. He looked rugged and noble at the same time, similar to Soul that had in the meantime bathed and changed into his begger clothes. He was waiting straight up in front of the inn, fists clenched from emotion, but not displaying any facial emotion, and neither did the other man. Soul somehow seemed older than him now, even with the patch on, but he was undoubtedly Judai, the Defender of The Land, one of Wu-Tang's top Senior Blue Dragons. But as he was told, just from looking at him Soul could deduce he was indeed not the man that he knew. Judai stopped infront of him, not changing his serious look, not showing any signs of emotions. He look at his brother, inspecting him from head to toes and to the head again, stopping at his eyes. Finally, he spoke: "I thought you to be dead". Soul smiled: "Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. What is certain is that I am very much alive now!". Judai: "The Stubborn Vagabond, wouldn't even want to die. By gods, it is indeed you". He did not show him any smile and Soul could feel the reticency in his voice. Soul: "It is weird, should we hug now or what?". Judai: "You know I am not among those who are into physical contact. I mostly just touch people with a spear these days". he said looking in the distance contemplatively. Soul: "I understand. There's much to talk about". Judai looked back to him, seemingly interrupted from his flow of thoughts. "Is it now?", he asked. "There's not much to be talked about. I know you searched for me in Wu-Tang, I bet that old bat Tianxing told you all about my conflicting nature and how I could never see eye to eye with Wu-Tang on matters. Yes, I defected. No, I don't know any more Kung-Fu of that clan, you have this as proof of my statement!", he said removing him eyepatch to reveal a healed gauge that was once his eye socket. It looked to have healed for quite some time, but the margins around where the eyelids and such were, had strange scar-colored lines that went to the outside, marks like those from the struck of lightning. Soul managed not to flicker at the look and he was silent. Finally, he asked: "What happened to your eye?". Judai urged his brother to sit down and then proceeded to speak his tale:
"I left for Mount Yanmo one day. They would never accept a high ranking Wu-Tang in their clan, barely managed to make it back unharmed. The taoists were already growing weary of me. After quite some time, I left in the dead of the night to Tai-Shan, but not before robbing the local governor's treasury as a gift for The Overlord. This eye is a gift from that cocksucker that's second in command of Wu-Tang, the one that kept track of all my contribution to the clan. I robbed the governer but alerted his guards, they were on my tail. I managed to evade them with lightfoot but that mongoloid idiot was on my tail. He let me keep the money and my life, but he plucked a ceremonial small sword into my eye, lightning discharging from it and flooding my whole body, frying my chackra from the inside out. It was brutal, but it's the only means to incapacitate clan traitors so they'd never be able to use the clan's Kung-Fu again. It worked, although I was left for dead at the border of the Gubei province. That girl, Little Wind, she's a strong one. She recognised what happened to my eye and whe nshe saw the coin chest near me she realized what I was to do. She carried me to the village. The next morning, I was meeting with The Overlord and taking my test to join The Brotherhood. I owe my life to that girl. Although if I knew how much that dagger would affect my mind, I might have not left so hastily. It changed me, brother. I am more dead than alive, I rarely find pleasure in anything than killing and serving my brothers here. Sometimes I can feel this huge gash in my head, like wind blowing through it. I have nightmares where I am being crucified in front of a stone Yin-Yang, and Master Lingyiun is approaching to kill me with a ceremonial sword. I supposed I am lucky I can still relate all this to you, the other way would have been him forcibly removing my tongue. Now I spend my days in the service of the noble Brotherhood, stealing from the Imperial Army and forever trying to help those in need, so that one day I might get redemption for my betrayal".

Soul could see his brother's lower lip trembling, as he forcibly tried not to display his feelings of internal anguish and sadness. Judai got up from the ground, once again looking in the distance to something that was not there. Soul knew better than to try to hug his brother now. He just looked at Judai that looked in the distance, checking out Soul for a second with his good eye, then proceeding to continue. Soul could see he had started crying, something tha probably hasn't happened to his brother in a long time. Soul started crying too, none of them displaying physical caress as two normal brothers would, instead staying next to each other and sobbing. Soul was very amazed to see tears coming out not only from Judai's left eye, but also from underneath his worn, brown patch over what remained of his right eyes. And so they stood and weeped silently in the hot Tai-Shan sun, sheltered by the distance from the rest of the people around the village. If it weren't tragic, they would look almost comical to outsiders.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 YPmNJNU

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 3. A linear sequence of actions

Post  Soul Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:07 pm

Soul was sleeping at the inn at Taishan. He dreamed once again of days that are long gone, and of days that are yet to come. He saw his brother Judai - he was wearing white-blue clothes - the symbol of Wu-Tang seniors, his eyes both whole. They were laughing and drinking  and having fun. Everyone was there: Soul, Judai, their brother Amanojaku, Shiomi, Soul's long-dead friend Tru, Legend who was missing for years, Gaiden who was missing too. All of them were sitting around a table outside of the Baoyang Inn in Zhenghzhou. Suddenly, a loud high-pitched annoying music was hurting Soul's ears.

Suddenly, disciples of the Black Dragon jumped from nearby roofs surrounding the heroes, with their sharp schytes at ready. Soul and the rest jumped up. He wanted to pull out a weapon but noticed his holster was empty. He looked around for help and was shocked: Tru, Shiomi, Gaiden and Judai were nothing but skeletons. Legend looked rather frail, with wrinkly pale skin that looked like parchment paper. He went to attack one of the Black Dragons with his fists but was immediately impaled mid-air by the schyte of another disciple. Soul gasped but no sound was coming from his mouth. He watched as Legend turned to dust and kept on looking as the dust was being carried away into the sky by the powerful wind.

He looked in front of him, but he noticed no disciples of either side, and no Baoyang village. The terrible music was all but forgotten from Soul's ears, a faint buzz was all that remained. He looked around him and he felt a sense of immense calmness looming over his whole existence. He was in a place that he did not recognise, a mountain area village. He was not wearing any bandit or League rags anymore, but was rather wearing the traditional Feng Clan Chosun costume. At his waist he carried a sword that he did not recognise, a sword with the handle in the form of the head of the chimaera named Qilin. "Yeah, but in Japanese it's called Kirin, isn't it?", Soul heard a voice behind himself speak. He turned around and saw none other than Legend himself. Soul: "Legend what is this place? Usually when I see unknown places in my dreams I give them not much thought. But this one seems so...real". As he was now facing Legend, Soul heard somebody answer him from behind his back, a familiar voice: "Welcome to Kunlun, vagabonds! And more precisely, welcome to Brave Heart Village! This is the place where everyone trains to become a Taoist Hermit".

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 SNFkfUq

He turned around to see none other than Master Tianxing. Soul: "Master Tianxing! What are we doing here?". Tianxing: "Ahh, but we are among equals here now Soul, you can call me by my birth name, which is Lee Dae-Gon. And to answer your question, we are preparing to fight the Blood Sorcerers' Association of course". This time it was Legend that spoke: "The Blood Sorcerers' Association? I thought they were a myth. But then again...I thought Kunlun was a myth too!". Lee smiled and then spoke: "Have a look around Legend if you may. I would like to speak with Soul - alone". Without saying a further word, Legend left and Soul could see him baffling around the village, as dumbfounded as Soul himself was. After a few minutes walking with Lee, Soul finally broke the silence: "Why did you actually want to meet in my dreams?". Lee: "It was mandatory that we meet like this. Nowadays you cannot be sure of anything or any place. I figured this would be the only place where we'd speak uninterrupted by any foe". Soul: "Is Legend really here too?", Lee answered: "Yes and no, a certain part of his spirit is here with us but he cannot grasp the vividity of this one's dream. He is here, but he doesn't at the moment realize that it's not just an ordinary dream. You are in Tai-Shan and I am in Wudang Shan, we are not so far apart. But I'm afraid Legend is far from us, this is why the connection's bad". Soul laughed shortly then spoke: "Hmm, I have a vague feeling that Legend would contact me in our woken state, one of these days. But that is up to me and Legend. Why did you bring me to Kunlun in my dreams anyway? And what are these hermits you're speaking of?". Lee: "Allow me to explain", he said as he continued walking and pointed Soul to a bunch of important wise-looking people of the village - he could notice almost all had long beards and robes. "Hermits are people that reached the ultimate state of enlightenment regarding their craft or occupation. There are hermits regarding each and every job one might do in the Land ", Lee said as he pointed Soul to a blacksmith that was beating iron magically, just by holding his hands up in the air, and to a doctor that was just holding his hands above the head of a man. Soul was shocked to see the man had a big hole in his head and he could see through his broken skull into the brain, a wound that was healing magically as Lee spoke. "But these here are just employees of Brave Heart village. This place is where the Taoist Hermits and warriors train to ascend into East Heaven - the home of all the hermits". They both waved at Drunken Moon, the leader of the League, who was sitting in his usual drunk relaxed position on the ground, away from the sun rays. All that Soul could do was think on the master's word. And finally he spoke: "Master...Lee... What is my purpose in all of this? All these warriors are clan members - I could never match up to their prowess". Lee: "But indeed that you can. The rules have changed, Soul". These words echoed in the vagabond's mind, like they carried a sort of very important meaning in regard to the rules in which the Land was governed. Without even realizing, the got to the entrance of the village, where a stone bridge stood over a seemingly endless valley below. At the end of the bridge, facing south was a guard. Lee: "See that fellow over there? He is the guard of Brave Heart Village. He is the one that judges the technique of everyone that wants to become a hermit and he will or will not grant entrance into Brave Heart and East Heaven based on the outcome of his test. He is a righteous man but very stubborn, just as yourself. He wouldn't let anyone become a hermit. Soul: "And how am I going to be able to become a Hermit? I don't even remember the basic clan Kung-Fu that you and Heavenly Demon taught me...", Lee smiled. After a while, he spoke: "I told you the rules have changed Soul. Take out that sword if you may!". Soul proceeded to unholster the Qirin sword and hold it in front of him. He was surprised at how familiar it seemed into his hands. Lee, otherwise known as Master Tianxing put up the tip of his index finger on the tip of Soul's sword. Blue sparkles of lightning appeared and rand all over the surface of the sword up to the handle and around Soul's weapon arm in a spiral, they entered the right side of his neck. He could  feel his whole body tingling, but it was not a bad sensation. He took an attack stance and did the ceremonial Wu Tang taoist sword stance and then begun to attack a zombie that had just appeared near Lee. He killed it, and the zombie vanished. Soul was in awe, he looked at Lee and smiled and then he spoke: "WOW master! This is the Gigantic Blue Flow technique of the seniors of Wu-Tang. Many years ago I aske dmy brother to teach this to me, but he categorically refused arguing that it was a highly secretive technique reserved only for the higher-ups of the clan. And you taught that to me now... By magic, in a dream? How is this possible? And why would you pass this piece of important knowledge to a vagabond? To the brother of your clan's traitor??". Lee's smile faded. A stern familiar face to Soul appeared instead:

"It is dark times we are living in now. But you've known that for years, didn't you? Dark forces attempt to conquer this Land and set the Yin-Yang out of balance. The powerful vagabonds such as yourself and Legend...It is up to you to convince everyone to stop the fighting and join together for a final confrontation. I have given you this technique now. When you wake up you will also notice you'll once again know our fist technique too. Seek out the other clans that would teach you, show them your Wu-Tang skills as a proof of your prowess. And when you master the weapons of all the clans, you will have become one of the first Vagabond Hermits! And then maybe, only maybe...there will be a chance of salvation to us all..."

Both Soul and Lee stopped, they heard a scream from somewhere above. They ran to a trianing ground to notice a strange vagabond that Soul's met in his journey, along with a vicious man that sat near him.

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 5XWaFVK

"It is of no use!", the vicious man said. "You may gather any disciple from any clan you want. You might even gather these vagabonds. But you'll never succeed. Soon enough, the land will know eternal darkness under the rule of the Black Dragon Clan!". The man then proceeded to decapitate the vagabond with both of his hand. The huge sprinkles of blood blurred Soul's vision and send him into a state of dissaray. He woke up panting and sweating in the Tai-Shan inn. As he was beginning to wake up completely, he dismissed everything as nothing more than a weird dream. But as he clenched his right hand, he clenched upon the handle of the Qirin sword from his dream. As he did so, the images from the dream started becoming as clear as day once again. At that moment, he knew everything was real. He knew he had to master the techniques of at least four more clans - he had no doubt that Sacred Flower would not have him. He also knew that he had mastery over the sword and fist techniques of Wu-Tang, and it was not all just a weird dream. He got up from his bed, washed his face and put on his beggar clothes and hung the sword by his waist. Just as he finished, Judai entered his room, with his serious face. "Whattd'aya wanna do?", he asked his little brother. Soul begun to feel his old familiar confidence coming back to him. He smiled and answered: "Get me a meeting with the Overlord, we have important business to take care of! Also, I'd really need a better meditation technique hehe".

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Story of Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond - Page 2 Empty 4. The Vagabond Argument

Post  Soul Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:44 pm

It would not be until many days later that Soul would have his meeting with the Overlord of the Brotherhood of Thieves. He had nothing else to do so he spent most of his time in Tai Shan training. The dream that he had dreamed was now just a vivid memory that left him with more questions than answers. For one, who are the Blood Sorcerers? And most importantly, who is this man named Legend that Soul suddenly seems not to remember that good. It is like memories of his past life were starting to fade away into nothingness.

One sunny day, he was away from the village practicing with his sword - he had woken up with that sword in his hand after that fatidic dream, he stopped questioning himself over how could such things happen, but rather accepted the idea that powers way beyond his understanding were at play then. As he was practicing with his sword, a tiger attacked him. Although Soul was starting to regain his powers, he was nowhere near where he was before. He dodged the tiger attack and then took his stance. With more effort than usual, he fend the beast off, as it ran cowering, and into the forest. Before he could calm down, with his heart beating like it was about to jump out of his chest, he heard a voice behind him:"You're not a bad thief yourself, you know?". He turned around and his older brother was standing there, with his arms crossed, seemed like he had seen the whole scene. Soul: "What do you mean by that, brother?". Judai's face was rough and his expression like it always was - stern. He approached Soul slowly. Judai:I had to lose my fucking eye along with years of training so I could leave that place. But you, my little brother, you somehow was able to steal such a powerful technique. Even when I was a senior it took much time to perfect that sword technique that now I cannot perform. But I remember it". Soul was confused and a bit offended by being called a thief, he gave his brother a mean look and questioned him: What do you mean I stole it?! I don't steal techniques!". Judai approached him some more, until they were a mere 50 cm from each other. He analyzed his brother from head to toe, like looking for a clue to this great mystery.

Finally, he spoke:"And yet, that was Gigantic Blue Sword of Constant Flow. It is our main Senior Blue Dragon technique. How the hell do you know it? I'm sure that pigfucker Tianxing did not teach a vagabond something like that.". Soul was unbothered by his brother's curiosity. He had gotten accustomed to the idea that the rules of the world had changed. He spoke the truth: "Tianxing showed himself to me in a vision. He taught me this technique, and gave me this sword. I shall train and gather as many clan techniques as possible. Then I will ascend into the country known as Kunlun.". Judai looked unbothered by his brother's words, his expression still one of utter sterness - he looked just like a statue. Finally, he mellowed down a bit and one could notice his curiosity. Judai: "I wanted to smack your stupid little head when I realized you were going to bullshit me, but then that Kunlun part sparked my curiosity. I have heard much talk of Kunlun lately as well". Soul:"Have you ever visited the place?". Judai: "Nah, I'd get killed before I could make that journey. I am not all that powerful anymore. So you want to become a sort of Vagabond Hermit? That's new". Soul:"I need to master all of the weapons before I can hope to reach Kunlun. Otherwise, they would never accept me". Judai thought for a moment then spoke to his brother: "How do you plan to convince the Overlord to actually let me teach you our clan-only techniques?". Soul never thought for a moment and just answered:

"I will do whatever he asks me to.". Judai left out a short laughter. "HA! By the gods little brother, you still are a stubborn idiot!". Soul:"I fucking mean it you old stump!", yelled Soul in Judai's face. "He asks me to kill a rogue clan member? I shall. He asks me to go on a dangerous mission and steal intel from the rival clans? So be it? Will he ask me to sneak into the Palace of Golden Coins and steal money? Well I'm going to rob that pig blind, I'm even going to steal the clothes on his person!  Will the Overlord ask me to kill 1000 Secret Shadows? So it shall be done indeed!". Soul paused to grasp for air, as he had none left. Judai was unmoved by his brother's tirade. Soul felt the old anger rush into his body - he moved closer, merely inches from Judai's face and fixed him with a cold look and said: "And should the Overlord decide he's done with your stupid cynical charades? WELL I'IL FUCKING KILL YOU IF I HAVE TO, BECAUSE THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR STUPID GRUDGES...older brother!".

It was quiet for a moment, and then laughter erupted from a nearby bush, joyous copious laughter - the Overlord of the Bortherhood came out from his hiding place, still holding his stomache in laughter. "By the Gods Judai! I like this vagabond. Kid's got vigor in him. Maybe I'il just have him kill you just for fun hahaha he seems into it!". Judai was still unmoved, Soul was a bit terrified now that he realized that the Overlord overheard the whole thing. Judai:|"The joke would be on yourself my king. You know death would be my ultimate relief...".Overlord, still joyous:"Aww shut it you big oaf! You enjoy drinking and whoring more than I do!". He turned to Soul and suddenly his face was all serious and his smile perished. He spoke:"Weird place to be having this conversation. Don't you think so, vagabond? My disciples will think I am plotting behind their backs. I'm sure these paranoid gobshites are looking for the perfect moment to cut my throat anytime". Soul was cautious if not a bit frightened by this whole ordeal. He was quiet for a second and then made a daring statement:"Well then maybe you should find better disciples, my king!". The Overlord left out another laugh. "Bahaha, I really dig your attitude vagabond! Let's go to the fortress. You will tell me exactly what you need and I shall tell you what to do, and only then we can strike a bargain! It is an act of dishonor to discuss such matters, we will address these manners in front of all the senior clan members!".

And so the three men left for the fortress.

Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2