The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Future of the Vagabond Army

3 posters

Go down

The Future of the Vagabond Army Empty The Future of the Vagabond Army

Post  Legend Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:35 pm

Dear brothers and sisters

It now has passed quite a long time since we've re-opened the gates of the Vagabond Army. Although I still played 9Dragons back then, I stopped sometime later due to the same, old, prehistoric issues this game has, as well as the unfulfilled promises of the developer Indy21 and some former publisher which shall not be named. I stayed in touch with 9Dragons to assist other clanless warriors with tips and advice, yet I hoped to find at least one Vagabond who would prove himself to have the neutrality, passion and enough time at hand to continue my and other veteran Vagabond's work. Although I did meet some new followers of the path less taken with a lot of qualities and motivation, I did not find the perfect one yet.

My time with 9Dragons has come to a total end, which means that I soon won't even be around on this Vagabond Community anymore, however, it would be sad to see this guild die, especially if there are people with lots of qualities out there who would be willing to lead this very first Vagabond guild on a neutral and honorable way when I'm not around anymore. So there are a few possibilities:

• Create a poll among the guild to vote the new guild Master among the current (and active) guild Members and Leaders
  • Allow, for a limited time, every single guild Member who applies as guild Leader to become a Leader, so that there is a bigger amount of people (who can show their leading abilities and qualities) to choose the new guild Master from
  • Appoint the only Vagabond Army Member who applied as guild Leader (and was taken due to enough activity on this forum), Soul, to be the new guild Master
  • Disband the guild

So share your thoughts about this. Also, if you have more possibilities in mind, share them as well.

However, I won't leave before holding a big Vagabond Event, where all Vagabonds, guild Members or not, may join. A Vagabond Event which shall make fun and challange the participants minds and teamwork, with tasks more interesting than Acclaim's dozens item collections and better rewards than Acclaim's nonsense 2nd role clan skills (for Vagabonds...).

The rewards will not be revealed yet, to prevent people to get attention to join the event simply for the rewards instead of the fun of being a Vagabond. Also, the date and tasks will be revealed at a later time as well.

Namaste,
Legend - The Son of The Vagabond

Last edited by Legend on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Vagabond Army Empty Re:The Future of the Vagabond Army

Post  Soul Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Why do all the good things have to come to an end?I feel like everything around me falls to the ground(speaking about the game).I can understand your choice as this game fails to keep it's promises even now that it came into the hands of Zerodin Games.

Nobody can blame you for this choice.But...You have to finish the book of your Vagabond life with something worth remembering.And by this , I mean the actual tale.After all those years,you deserve at least that , sir.

About the leadership , I would personally vote for someone who can guide us to prosperity , someone with wisdom , chivalry and a good sense of humour.

To come to think it might already be a year since I joined the path.I first heard about Vagabond during Acclaim's closing year.I did read about Legend , Sword , Lone-Hero , Bliss , VGP , etc.Last year I decided to try this path , and though grinding was hard at low level and I had no equipment , I actually enjoyed it.I started enthusiastic.I had so many plans while daydreaming , I actually wanted to gather people and rebuild a Vagabond Guild , as me and True got the blessing to do it from Legend himself(if he remembers).Then stop.I started again during the autumn.I gathered better equipment , Deco and all that.I finally met Legend and this motivated me to continue.Then I met Lone Hero and he told me that THe Army might re-open it's gates for new disciples.It happened , everything seemed like a dream back then.Time passed , inactiveness ,activeness , etc.The good and the bad.

And here we are today , near the dying Vagabond giving his last rites.

How it was and is the situation of the Army , I can guess , but I still don't want it to end.

Soul,
The Stubborn Vagabond

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

The Future of the Vagabond Army Empty Re: The Future of the Vagabond Army

Post  shan735 Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Let's get one thing straight.

Vagabonds will never die unless the US version of 9Dragons decides that vagabonds should be eradicated.
Until that time, I'll definitely be enjoying the life of a vagabond.

To Legend, Soul, Myiume, Lone-Hero and the rest of the vagabonds
All of you had a part to play in motivating myself to become a vagabond. You all went against all odds to try a path rarely played by many in 9Dragons.
Thanks to you all, I'm now a very active vagabond player and will continue to do so, till I either reach Immortal 12 or till I quit the game.

Its sad seeing you go Legend and knowing that many of my vagabond idols have quit the game. You, Legend, were perhaps one of the most influencial in motivating me to play as a vagabond. With your passion, knowledge and defiance about vagabonds and the completion of the game (i.e the advanced clans, against the producers themselves etc) were, in my opinion, great.
It was also great seeing someone playing the role of a vagabond as The Vagabond in the 9Dragons story has been overlooked by too many and for far too long.

Before you go, it would be very nice to meet you in-game for the very first time, and would therefore praise the fact that you're not leaving till a vagabond event has occurred.
Hopefully, you'll come back in time to time but real life is always more important than ANY game.

EDIT: I am also in favour of voting for someone who is willing to guide the vagabonds through this transition of power.

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:49 pm

Two people... Well, I guess it'll be up to you two to become guild Master - if you don't want to disband it, that is. There certainly are some who just take a look into that topic, just like to watch the events everywhere, but although this is the nature of a True Vagabond, they do not have the quality of a leader. You two, however, have proven to be able to stand in the front and to say what you think, even if it is just about a person leaving and nothing too important. One of you should definitely give it a try - you could still hold new votes every month or so.

Shan, any interest on becoming guild Leader like Soul?

And thanks for the kind words, I appreciate it very much that I was able to motivate some people so much. I certainly hope there will be some other Vagabonds doing the same :)

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  shan735 Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:51 pm

There are not many active vagabonds in 9dragons at the moment to know that the vagabond guild even exists.

In terms of leadership...I certainly do not want to be the guild master. I do not know even half of what you all know about vagabonds and I do not feel I have enough experience to lead the guild. However, I do not mind becoming a guild leader. It'll be my pleasure. As for the guild master, Soul ,will have my vote and may reconsider if anyone else steps up.

To those who wish to become vagabonds, they will no doubt hear of Legend, the son of the Vagabond :'). You've made the vagabond role far more appealing than they ever would have. It's just a shame that not many people wish to do so, though this partly due to the publishers of 9Dragons, and the community itself.

18/03/2013 - Immortal 1
18/08/2013 - Immortal 12

shan735

Back to top Go down

Post  Soul Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:06 pm

People,I know the situation is hard and it is also summer so I am not very active.

I would love to sit and discuss about the future of this Guild.Future that can be,depending from the way we will sustain it,full of prosperity or full of sh*t.

Just please,push it for a few more days,maybe I can think of something too.I watched the discussion from the shadows.I did not interfere because alot of things happened to me and I tried to get away from 9Dragons as much as possible,as this Vagabond Master thing is also one of my priorities but as it is about a game,I tried to push it aside for some time.

These two weeks were very full for me,including the fact that it was also my birthday.Fellow Vagabonds,Master Legend,give me a few days and I'm sure I will find some way that we al lare going to be pleased.

Soul,
The Stubborn Vagabond

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content