The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

4 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 5 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:13 pm

So, that was it. That was the last part of Legend's story. I hope you all had fun reading it, whoever did read it :)

However, I had some idea for a special chapter... Due to the hurry in the situation of Legend at the end of the story, he had to leave "this world" as fast as possible, what made it kind of difficult to ask him important questions.

If you, as character IN this story, would have the opportunity to ask the story character "Legend" - what would you ask? What, of all his advice, did you not understand yet? What of it would Legend need to explain more in detail? What are you unsure about yet?

So if you would like to see another chapter (or some other chapters), write here your questions ;)

Last edited by Legend on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 5 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Soul Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:59 am

So, is this the end?For real?No big war of a few years with many casualties and epic fights between good and evil?

I guess it ended much more peaceful.It would have been more badass but I guess some of the conflicts cand and will be solved without a war.

You were saying something about questions and I would like to present mine:What would happen to Legend now?To Legend,the protagonist of the story.Will they ever see him again?

And I feel there is room for a little more:What happens to Zeno in the end?(You might have told us in the story and haven't paid attention)

And what of Legend the player and character?What shall happen to him?

Soul, The Stubborn Vagabond

-Soul-  Immortal Vagabond
-Judai-   Brotherhood of Thieves Warrior
Soul
Soul
Wayfarer

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:39 pm

Soul wrote:So, is this the end?For real?No big war of a few years with many casualties and epic fights between good and evil?
Yes, this is it. The big wars with the many casualties of the past were enough to Legend :)

Soul wrote:I guess it ended much more peaceful.It would have been more badass but I guess some of the conflicts cand and will be solved without a war.
Yes, that was the message of it. To be strong does not mean to fight others and win, but to be strong within and be able to be wise with the knowledge one has gained throughout life :)

Soul wrote:You were saying something about questions and I would like to present mine:What would happen to Legend now?To Legend,the protagonist of the story.Will they ever see him again?

And I feel there is room for a little more:What happens to Zeno in the end?(You might have told us in the story and haven't paid attention)
I guess I didn't put it right. I edited the post before to the following:

Legend wrote:If you, as character IN this story, would have the opportunity to ask the story character "Legend" - what would you ask? What, of all his advice, did you not understand yet? What of it would Legend need to explain more in detail? What are you unsure about yet?

However; to your questions to what happened to Legend, if they will see each other ever again and who Zeno was: They are indeed loose ends, especially who Zeno was, what his real intentions were, what his goal was. Another question is what happened to Ruye, who became one personality out of two demons. But they are intended to be loose ends. Since the 2nd chapter part "The Dark Messiah", this 9Dragons fanfiction story was supposed to become part of a bigger story project called "Daemons", with several story lines of a few different characters, unrelated to 9Dragons, eventually to become a community project - if it actually will live that long. Such questions would be answered there in a much wider range, but as said, unrelated to 9Dragons.

Soul wrote:And what of Legend the player and character?What shall happen to him?
I'm not sure yet. First I'd like to hold the big vagabond event I've planned since a long time, but before that, this would be good (link only viewable to guild Masters & Leaders).

So, you might want to come up with some new questions, as character IN the story (as if this happened) :)

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Tue May 26, 2015 5:50 pm

I think the time has come to start posting a new series and probably last few chapters of my character...

Though I'm aware that it won't be quite the same without fighting and beating and hating and all, I hope whoever reads it will still enjoy reading it :)

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Tue May 26, 2015 5:56 pm

Chapter 78: The Old Land

A man was running through the Land.

Tirelessly he ran through long distances. Without any special technique, without any horse, he simply ran.

From far distances you could see this man running, without rest and stop. But the Land was empty now, unlike how full of warriors it used to be. And so, the man stayed unnoticed.

From where he came, nobody knows. But as this man runs through Nanchang, we see he's wearing worn clothes and pelts, similar to a beggar, with some basic, conical hat... We see his face, and we recognize him:

Legend, the Vagabond

He headed to Cane Castle, the remains of the Vagabond Army, and stopped at the upper part of the stairs before the caste. Legend looked at it from far away and smiled slightly.

Though he couldn't see anyone around, he walked down the stairs and towards Cane Castle.

As he approached it, he realized more and more that nobody was there. Standing in front of the castle, he saw the castle was empty. Most of the stuff which used to be inside was gone, either taken or broken.

He entered the castle and looked around. He looked at the broken chairs... The broken tables... Worn pillows and cloth, and old, damaged decoration.

He looked around, of what had remained of the proud Vagabond Army. Slight disappointment was on Legend's face.

He headed out of the Cane Casle and walked away.

Legend stayed in the Land unnoticed for many months. He mainly observed how things were... All kind of things.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu May 28, 2015 6:04 pm

The following has been updated:

- Non-working pictures now working and showing again
- Missing Chapter 13 added
- Missing pictures added

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Chapter 79: Reflecting

For many months Legend had been in the Land unnoticed, watching as things happened and unfolded.

He had learned a lot in Shambhala. He knew the connection between him and all things, and he learned to let go of the ego. Yet... He wondered sometimes how some of his old friends were doing.

Legend knew some things about some of his friends. Some he knew had left the Land, others he couldn't find out anything about. He knew for a fact some were doing well - like Soul, who was desperately trying to find himself but was doing well, or Bliss who settled down in Hefei and simply moved on with her simple, daily life.

And he had faith the ones who left the Land would do well - like Dreamghost, who went back to the Silk Road, or Ruye and The Dark Messiah whose beings became one and was now searching for essential and fundamental answers, or Vagrant, who Legend considered to be some sort of Master once, who he sadly couldn't find or contact despite many efforts. Yes, he had faith they were doing well, and he stayed in peace within although not knowing the answers, able to do so due to what he has learned about himself.

And yet... How was Vagrant doing? How was VGP doing? How were Lone Hero and many others doing?

Why did he come back? He has learned and experienced that the essence of who and what he really is is consciousness, pure presence, I AM-ness. But what good is it in a world that desperately needs and looks for conflict and useless drama made up by the unsettled mind? No, not the world... The world we live in is in harmony. It gives us food, water and shelter, and has anything to provide a free living, free of worry, to anyone on it. But man... Man is unbalanced. He does not control his chi, his chi controls him. He does not control his mind, his mind controls him. He does not think, the thinking happens to him. He believes he's his thoughts, and our true human nature, the essence of who we are, is either a joke, a reason to hate, or insanity in his eyes. If man is so desperately lost in his own thoughts, even if you figured out this 'big riddle', what can you possibly do?

Why did he come back? Just to watch the whole circle repeat itself over and over? He may have found true presence and peace within, but he knew what his heart was saying. He knew he couldn't possibly awaken them all, so this possibility was just out of question. Maybe a seeking one, the one among thousands, that was possible - though they too are rare, and impossible to find. So what was his purpose? How could he use his new 'abilities' in the best and most realistic way possible?

He did not know this answer yet, but maybe... It was time for him to return?

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:27 pm

Chapter 80: Old Riches

Legend was walking to the Cane Castle in Nanchang. He took his time, without hurry or haste.

A few hours later he arrived at the Cane Castle. He entered and walked in, when he was standing in the center he looked around again.

Shortly after he walked to the broken table in the middle where he used to work and opened a drawer. A note was in there – the old note a few warriors gave him in the 'previous life' because it had his name written on it, which he was never able to read before. Feeling like he should keep it because he might be able to read it one day, he kept it in his drawer in the headquarters of the Vagabond Army.

Legend slowly took it out, opened it and began to read it, while gently moving the thumb over the surface, removing the dust and dirt.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 5 2l8uvz5

"Xin

The things are not always like they seem to be

Do not stand in your own way and do not search too far - The answer is often more near than one thinks

Stand for yourself and your opinions no matter who is against you

Realize the truth and you will realize the divineness in yourself

You will find your peace when you will bring others peace

Hu Shanshan"

Legend smiled slightly and yet speechlessly surprised. The words "No way..." slipped out of his mouth.

For the first time he actually read what his mother Hu Shanshan has written to him.

He smiled slightly and from the heart... He felt the love his mother wrote these words with. He was very well aware of the irony, too... Life is ironic like that. He stood up again and put it in his pocket.

He looked around again. Looked again at what has become of the guild. He noticed a few little things changed – perhaps there was still someone coming there?

He was still looking around. He thought about what he could make out of it. Should he re-create a vagabond guild? Should he create a community for vagabonds? Or should he just leave it be?

A surprised voice coming from the entrance: "Legend..?" He looked around his shoulder to the entrance and saw Vagabond Soul. "Is it really you?" Soul asked.

Legend looked around, at the broken things and what has become of this place. After a while he said with a soft yet firm, almost emotionless attitude: "I've left this guild to Gaiden and you, and with it much potential and big opportunity to make something great out of it, and left the Land with your word that you would take good care of it and bring the guild back to its glory. I've come over and over back here the last few months, to take a look, and every time all I saw was the same waste, despite of your achieved strength and skill." Shortly after he looked at Soul and said: "I remove you and Gaiden of your administrator positions, effective immediately." He looked aside and kept on: "I'll make something better out of it... Finding new heirs to carry on the legacy of the last remains of this guild, make it to a neutral place and community for vagabonds, some kind of tribute, or whatever my mind comes up with..." Shortly after he looked at Soul again and said: "I want to make clear that this is nothing personal and there are no hard feelings. I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you."

Legend started to walk out and walked away, while Soul just kept looking at Legend.

* The original letter can be found in Chapter 25: Unknown Letters
Fun fact: The translated letter posted above was hidden all those years below the original picture. If you select all text, you'd see the text below the picture "Secret Links are Secret!" which would then lead to the translated picture - yet nobody ever found it

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:38 pm

Chapter 81: Observation

The old Halls of the Vagabond Army were mostly empty, especially since Legend has taken Soul's leader position - Gaiden was gone since a while. Thus Legend spent quiet some time in there, all by himself.

He thought sometimes about the last time he spoke to Soul... Did the ego take over or was it really just Legend's opinion at that time? Even though he wasn't disrespectful and was able to stay centered and calm - Was there another way to handle the situation? Why did something still feel wrong, though?

Whatever the case, he was also aware that he did the best he was able to do in that situation.

Legend was in the Cane Castle. Most things were still broken, but he apparently fixed the table in the middle. He was sitting there and working on some golden, hexagonal plate. With patience he took all the time needed and worked with much precision on it. In the middle was the Chinese sign for 'Vagabond', which was surrounded by some hexagram i.e. stick signs on the outer part, pretty much like the 'I Ching'.

A short time after, Soul came into the Castle. Legend looked at him, said "Greetings, Soul." and kept working on his plate. Soul answered: "Hello."

Soul kept talking: "Legend, I kept leading the guild as my time allowed me and checked these halls regularly. I kept it clean and in order as I could. I haven't been here this summer because... it's summer, and I have also been non-active here for some time because of training... I haven't been in touch with other Vagabonds."

Legend was looking at him and listening, then answered: "That's okay. I was just saying that there could have been made more out of it, that's all."

Soul: "Yes, that's what I was talking about. The thing is, we tried gathering Vagabonds but most of the Vagabonds we met said they'd check out the Vagabond Halls and they never did it. I don't know if there are many Vagabonds left in the Land but most of them are unorganized lone wolves. Gaiden is probably busy with his own journey and I understand his lack of presence. As for other stuff, I checked the halls regularly, keeping it free of creatures."

Legend's mind came up with thoughts... Even when he was not in the Land he has had his ears around and knew that they never made any efforts on a big scale, and never held any events to attract vagabonds into the guild. Gaiden wanted to become one of the immortals first and then focus on the guild, as he used to say, but that's when he left. And even though Legend could understand why one has to follow his own way, Gaiden should have given the lead to someone worthy and able to do what Gaiden promised yet failed to do.

But Legend was not his thoughts... There was no reason to take them, his thoughts, serious. Furthermore, all Legend wanted to say was that it was okay - what happened happened, and he's taking it in his own hands again either way.

The conversation jumped rapidly to other subjects, though. Legend observed this human condition which he once was a part of too, truly realizing it for the first time.

Soul kept telling things, also about two Vagabond disciples which he had trouble to take as disciples for non-obvious reasons, and Legend kept listening patiently.

Last edited by Legend on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:10 pm

Chapter 82: New Appearance

A few months have passed already since Legend was back.

Soul has been proven to be a somewhat difficult case at times.

Thinking that he would be able to help people realize some things about themselves here and there, Legend was not even able to keep Soul focused on one subject, except when it was about how shitty something was - yet another human condition which affects all of us, especially when one's not fully conscious and mindfull.

He was not even able to open Soul up for the idea of unity - every time he tried, Soul became unconsciously mad, arguing against the things he had something against.

No one's mind can be freed unless they want to be free, and as long as one wants to fight or have something against something, there's no reason to be free. Soul was a good person... He meant well. All Legend could do was to accept Soul as he was, in this state of mind, regardless of how obvious Soul's path was and what would await him, and regardless of how much Legend would like to prevent him to go through it, and nourish the friendship where it could be nourished. But where Legend was going, Soul could not come along. Soul's path was destined, so it seemed, to go into another direction.

Legend has been observing himself often too. It was not only Soul, but pretty much everyone, everywhere. It seemed there was no one looking for truth and meaning, and there was nowhere you would not find pointless arguing or trouble and other ignorance.

Yet, Legend knew... would someone have tried to free his mind in the past, he'd probably just answer with anger and hate. Too important seemed his own thinking and mindset to be, willing to die for useless and meaningless reasons. This whole thing seemed more and more like an absurd circus... but it was real.

He became somewhat aware of the fact that he was losing himself in his thoughts again. Down there, where he was before, it was easy - considering the perfect environment given. But up here, in the middle of all this ridiculousness and idiocy, with few who actually would understand him, it was more of a struggle.

Why did he come back? What was the point of all this?

Soul entered the castle as Legend was sitting there in reflection. Legend noticed and greeted him as he was approached. Soul greeted back.

Soul: "Hey, you always wanted to wear the beggar wardrobe which looks like your father's, right?"

Legend giggled slightly, then answered humbly with a smile: "Yes."

Soul: "Which one is it again?"

Legend looked at him and answered "The Swallow Garment."

"Okay, thanks" Soul answered with a smile, "I'll be back soon. I might then have something for you." Legend kept looking after him as he left, not sure what it meant, but with empty and still mind.

Some hours later Soul came back. Legend noticed him again and looked at him as he entered. Legend noticed some furry clothes on Soul's backpack.

Soul went to the table and began to take the clothes and hat off his backpack. Legend stood up and went a few steps to the table. As Soul put the clothes on the table and the hat next to the clothes, Legend recognized the Swallow Garment - he was surprised.

Soul looked smiling at Legend and said: "This is for you."

Legend looked at him, kind of speechless. After a while he asked: "It's not forbidden anymore?"

Soul replied: "They're actually made by a new Wardrobe Master in Hefei. Kind of a replica, so to speak, but he's officially accepted."

Legend, shortly after, answered sincerely thankful: "Thanks a lot, man."

Soul smiled and replied: "You're welcome."

Legend asked: "How much do I owe you?"

Soul replied smiling: "It's a gift."

Legend felt very grateful - he looked somewhat down and bowed slightly and humble as he said thankfully: "Thank you very much."

Soul smiled and replied: "You're welcome."

Legend had a realization as the situation was unfolding, and was observing the realization now. As he was reflecting before, he unconsciously judged Soul and the others. Doing so, he was busy with his own mind-made 'problems', while Soul, out of the heart, remembered what Legend once desired and thought about giving it to Legend as a gift.

Truly, there is no better - only different... For a short instance Legend became shortly slightly afraid - something he hasn't been anymore in a long time. He realized that it might not be as easy 'up here' as he thought it would be. What if he couldn't manage this? What if he would fall back to the lost inner state he used to be in the past? He realized, if he wouldn't be careful and mindful, he would lose himself yet again. Shortly after he let the fear, doubts and thoughts go - the only way to not let that happen again was to stay present, and so he went back to presence.

Legend looked at the wardrobe and smiled slightly, then he looked at Soul. Soul smiled as well, then asked "Well? Are you going to try it out?" Legend smiled even more, then he took the wardrobe and went into his old room.

Shortly after he came out. The beggar suit fit perfectly. And the big hat, from which you could see Legend's smile underneath, matched him.

Legend went to a somewhat broken mirror nearby and looked at himself - He liked it. A lot.

Soul, smiling: "It fits you. How do you feel?"

Legend walked some steps towards the entrance as he slowly turned his hands and arms, looking at himself and the wardrobe he used to want to wear. Then he stopped at the entrance.

He began to do slow Tai Chi moves. Then he held his fists tight, shouting "HA!", punching and kicking, and doing more moves as he kept shouting. He then stopped with his last shout.

He looked at himself, mainly his hands and arms, then just said "Yes..." rather whispering than talking.

Soul laughed and said: "Like father, like son."

Last edited by Legend on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Chapter 83: Healthy Conversations

Legend went down to the fourth floor of The Cave of The Conqueror, visiting his father he often felt but didn't see for a long time.

As he approached his father, The Vagabond noticed him. As he saw his new dress he began to smile. As he was getting closer, he said with a smile and somewhat joking: "Damn, you look good!"

As Legend walked the last few steps, smiling as well, he replied somewhat joking as well: "I know, right?!" Legend laughed.

The Vagabond, smiling: "So you've heard those dresses can be worn even by vagabonds now."

Legend, smiling: "Well, Soul gave it to me."

The Vagabond: "Nice. It fits you!"

Legend: "So I've heard!" He laughs joking. "I like it too. Very much." He continued.

The Vagabond: "I've been feeling your presence in the Land for a while now. Wondered when you'd be showing up here."

Legend: "You know how it is to be a vagabond.. But I thought I should come visit you once again."

Legend grabbed into his bag and said "I've brought you something." then took out some Sweet Bread.

The Vagabond: "Oh, Christmas Cake! What a treat!"

Both smiled and sat down. While they were eating, The Vagabond looked at his son with a smile, then he said "You've grown up."

Legend smiled and said "Yeah.. More beard." as he brushed through his beard with his hand.

The Vagabond smiled and said: "Yes, that too."

Legend asked: "So, how have you been the last few years?"

The Vagabond: "Good, good. Mostly doing the usual stuff. Helping here and there, assisting vagabonds.. What about you? How was it down there?"

Legend, smiling: "You were right, it was awesome. I wish it would be like that up here."

The Vagabond: "Yeah.."

Legend: "I've learned a lot there, especially about myself. But then I had to make a choice, to either stay there for the rest of my life or to come back here and never return again. I thought I could share what I've learned there with the people here, but..."

Legend was shortly quiet. The Vagabond smiled and said: "Yeah.."

Legend smiled too and said: "It's complicated.."

The Vagabond, smiling: "People are like that."

Legend looked slightly down being silent, almost thoughtful. After a while The Vagabond said: "By the way, there's something I wanted to show you."

Legend: "What's that?"

The Vagabond took out a book and held it towards him. Legend took it, opened it and looked at it. It was written by Dreamghost, the beggar from The Silk Road. Apparently, he continued to write Legend's story, of what happened before Legend went away.

Legend, rather untouched, while still looking into it: "So, Dreamghost continued Ruye's books about me?"

The Vagabond: "Yes."

Legend kept reading some things and kept jumping further. Being familiar with what was written in there, he got pretty fast to the end of the book - until he got to the last chapter. This caught his attention. It was merely Dreamghost's last thoughts.

While reading, Legend said: "This is so exaggerated..."

The Vagabond: "It's a story."

Legend: "An exaggerated one."

The Vagabond: "Aren't all stories?"

Legend: "Come on! Read this: »Some gave their wisdom they've achieved by seeing at things from a different perspective with Legend's help to their children and grandchildren, others wrote books about it in the hope that mankind, at a much later time, would understand the wisdom within it.« I was just gone for about 10 years, not a whole life time!"

The Vagabond kept silent. Legend kept reading it, and after a while he also became sort of surprised at the wisdom Dreamghost put in his words.

He read it through, all that was written, until he finished the last chapter.

After a while he said calmly: "This was partially written out of fear. This was not the reason why I said all those things."

The Vagabond: "As people are, words like those will always bring out both hope and fear."

Legend was thoughtfully silent for a while, then he asked: "Where is he now?"

The Vagabond: "The last thing I know was that he went back to The Silk Road after leaving the League of Beggars again. Whether or not he's still there, I do not know."

Legend nodded, giving the book back. Looking somewhat down and seeing slightly thoughtful, they both kept silently eating together.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm

Chapter 84: Unexpected Events

A few months have passed yet again. Legend was known to many people by now. They talked about him, that he was kind of weird, like his father. How little did they know... They even spoke of 'prophecies' about and related to him, like how he's destined to bring peace into the Land and such nonsense. Legend tried to not focus on it and to not care about gossip.

Ever since he has had that realization with Soul, though he became sometimes frustrated by people, he just kept trying to help people and disregard the frustrating parts. This was an important realization, which he hoped he wouldn't forget again.

One day, as he and Soul were in the vagabond district in Hefei, two official guards came to Legend. He was somewhat confused as they approached him. One of the guards asked him: "Are you the vagabond they call Legend, who has been trying to free people's minds?"

Legend, rashly assuming they had questions, answered smiling: "Yes. What can I do for you?"

The guard replied: "You need to come with us." Legend looked surprised at them.

Legend looked somewhat down and aside, thoughtful, after a while he stood up and grabbed his backpack. Soul, not far away and watching, stepped closer and asked "Hey, what's happening?" in a serious tone.

The guard replied: "This is none of your business, civilian."

Soul stepped closer, touched the hilt of his sword and asked somewhat bold: "Where are you taking him?"

"Soul", Legend said. Soul looked at him. Legend shook slightly his head, then said "It's okay."

Soul replied: "I won't allow this."

The guard took his blade staff in fighting position and said "If you interfere with official business, the penalty will be death!"

Legend touched the guards shoulder slightly as he said calmly "Please...", the guard immediately looking at him, probably expecting an attack. Legend continued calmly: "There's no need for unnecessary violence. I will come with you."

The guard let go of his defensive position as he looked somewhat angry at Legend, then at Soul, after a while turned around and said "Let's go!" as he started walking.

Legend began to walk after the guard, the second guard following Legend. Soul, unsure of what was happening, called him: "Legend!" Legend looked to Soul and said: "Don't worry, I'll be back soon."

Legend followed the guards out of the city and was led to some sort of wagon. When they were in, the horses began to pull and they left Hefei.

After a while, as he was looking out, Legend asked calmly: "Where are we going?"

The guard next to him answered: "Beijing."

Surprised, Legend immediately looked at him. A moment of silence. Then he asked: "Beijing?" The guard just looked at him.

Legend looked out again. He knew something was about to happen.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:42 pm

Chapter 85: The Forbidden City - Part 1

Legend and the two guards arrived in Beijing. During the trip he had noticed that his hands were sweaty, as if he'd be nervous of what's about to happen. As they were passing through, Legend looked at all kind of things. After a while he saw the Forbidden City. Was it possible that they were going to the Forbidden City? Why would they?

When they arrived at the Forbidden City, they stopped. They went out of the wagon, and Legend was ordered to follow them. As they walked towards the Forbidden City, Legend now fully realized the situation he was in. He knew, one little mistake, and he would have more troubles than he ever wanted. Throughout the Land The Emperor was considered to be divine, and mere mortals were not allowed into the Forbidden City, hence the name. There were only two possible reasons why he was here: Either The Emperor was looking for some wisdom, or, more likely, Legend's actions of trying to free people's minds didn't sit well with The Emperor.

Legend looked at the two 'Fu Dogs' guarding the entrance to the Forbidden City, and noticed one of them holding the 'Flower of Life' under its paw. As they were walking, he looked at this massive monument. He also noticed his hand palms being more sweaty now, as were his feet. He realized at that moment that he was not the master he thought to be. He was not able to face everyone with the same attitude. It was a very weird situation overall. He never wished to enter this city. There are people who would give anything to be allowed in, good people who live in servitude of the powers that be, and yet are never allowed in. Why was he brought here?

They entered the city, then headed to the main building. In front of the big doors inside, one of the guards said to Legend in all seriousness: "If you're not respectful, I'll cut your head off." Legend looked somewhat speechless at him, then the guard rapidly took off Legend's hat as he said "And take that hat off!" Legend grabbed his hat and looked down, and nodded slightly - submissive.

As one of the guards opened the gates, Legend put his hat on his back. As the gates opened he saw many guards standing inside, in two lines, facing each other, from the entrance to the seat at the other end of the room, where yet another person was sitting. He knew who this was.

The other guard ordered Legend to follow him. Though being nervous and in a situation where he had no control whatsoever, Legend walked in after the guard with inner calmness. As they approached the person sitting on the high seat, the other guard closed the gates.

At one point the guard Legend was following stopped. He knelt and looked down and said "My Emperor! I have brought you the Vagabond as you ordered." Legend looked at the guard, then somewhat helplessly at The Emperor. The Emperor looked stern at Legend. Then Legend looked down and knelt as the guard did. With his head lowered, still looking down, he made the common greeting gesture with his hands, often referred to as 'Bao Quan' or 'Wushu Greeting'. In short, this greeting can be explained as follows: The right hand, as a fist, means strenght. The left hand, as a palm, means friendship, with its thumb bend, means humbility. And hands together, with the left palm over the right fist, it's a greeting for mutual respect.

Then he said: "Emperor, please forgive me for my lack of formal knowledge and behavior. But if I may speak out freely... I can't think of a reason why I'm here."

The Emperor laughed: "HA ha ha ha ha..." The guard next to Legend stood up again and stepped aside. Legend looked somewhat clueless at the guard who just stood up and the guards around him, until The Emperor said laughing, perhaps somewhat ironically: "Please, stand up." Legend stood up, though had his face still somewhat lowered, and said silently and somewhat insecure: "Thank you..."

The Emperor looked at him, then he said: "So you're the Vagabond they call Legend." Legend: "Yes." The Emperor: "Though your real name is Xin." Legend looked slightly surprised. The Emperor kept talking: "Your father is The Vagabond Zhong Yuan Lang Ke, 'The Nameless One'. And your mother is Hu Shanshan, 'The Flower of The League', lost dragon of The League of Beggars in Tianjin." Legend was shortly quiet, realizing that they'd probably know everything knowable about him, then answered: "Yes."

The Emperor looked at him from the top to the bottom, then said: "You're not much to look at."

Legend looked slightly down and remained silent. He was aware of the situation, and surrendered to it.

Shortly after he looked at The Emperor again, but he did not speak and just looked at him.

After a short while, Legend said: "If I may ask... What is someone of my status and with my lack of refined behavior towards official government doing here?"

The Emperor looked intensively at him and responded: "Word is you've been preaching to the people lately. Something about freeing their minds."

Legend wouldn't call it preaching, but he understood what he meant... He remained silent.

The Emperor: "Nothing to say?"

Legend looked aside at the guards, then looked at The Emperor and asked: "May I speak freely?" The Emperor replied: "You may." Legend: "I wouldn't call it preaching. I don't tell people to believe what I tell them. I encourage them to start gathering the answers from the inside rather than believing things from the outside." The Emperor: "Ah, a philosopher."

The 'box thinking' attitude... The limited way of putting things one does not understand into 'boxes'... That was to be expected... Though it was probably the best way to make him understand what Legend was doing. So Legend replied: "Kind of."

The Emperor: "Well, enlighten me."

Legend was slightly confused, unsure of what The Emperor really wanted. He didn't know what to say at first, but then he said: "No one can enlighten you except you yourself. No one can give you answers - everyone has to find and realize them on his own." Unaware of the meaning of these words and that this was pointing inwards already, The Emperor looked slightly grinning at him and said "That's what I thought."

Last edited by Legend on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Chapter 86: The Forbidden City - Part 2

"I... beg your pardon, Sir..." Legend said, "But why exactly am I here?"

The Emperor said: "You're free to reflect on life, write down your realizations and offer your teachings to those who seek them, but you will not attempt to convert the masses."

Legend was somewhat confused, and after a while he said: "I don't understand."

The Emperor: "I forbid you from converting the masses into free thinkers."

Legend, humbly: "But... They're not my teachings." Slightly in wonderment he continued: "It's the ultimate truth of who and what we are..."

The Emperor sort of interrupted him and said: "Whatever it is, you're not to spread it around."

Legend became slightly irritated. The typical behavior, out of ignorance of one's own truth... He was sick and tired of seeing it everywhere, in every person, and admittedly, also within himself.

He was shortly quiet. Then he said: "But what better deed could one do than helping people help themselves? If people would be free in their minds, there would be no boundaries. There would be literally nothing we couldn't do or achieve. It would bring a new age~"

The Emperor interrupted him and said: "I don't care! You're to follow my orders, or you will be executed for interfering with government interests!"

Legend was quiet. He looked with serious eyes at the ground. Shortly after he continued: "Isn't the government supposed to have the best interests for the people in mind and lead the people in the best way possible? Isn't the government supposed to~"

The Emperor interrupted him loud: "What the PEOPLE are SUPPOSED to" He was shortly quiet and got Legend's attention, shortly after he continued: "is to follow the orders given by their government! We will not abide people walking around doing whatever they want!"

Legend felt furious emotions arising in his body. He looked with his eyes at the guards around him... Old patterns of thoughts came up, which he, in the heat of the moment, automatically identified with... Observing The Emperor and the guards around him, he'd probably be able to kill them all, and get away before more guards would be coming in... Yet he knew and had to admit to himself that he probably couldn't kill any of them, least The Emperor, and thus shoot in his own foot. Not only would the consequences be unimaginably - killing another being was just out of question for him now. He was no bad guy. Not anymore.

"I am not my thoughts" he thought to himself, "I am not my thoughts..." He gave his attention to his breathing. He felt the breath in his body, flowing in and out. Dragging himself back into his body, to the awareness of the body, to the here and now.

Shortly after he looked at the Emperor, his eyes still slightly serious, and said "I will think about your proposal." as he slightly bowed with his head down.

The Emperor: "I need a decision now."

Legend looked slightly down, reflecting, then said: "I'm afraid... It's not that simple..." Knowing how the Emperor would react, he said "I need time to reflect on this. If you wish I can stay and reflect here until I have come to a conclusion."

The Emperor, of course reluctant, answered shortly after: "You may leave. But beware: Should you act against government interests, the penalty will be imprisonment for life, or even death."

As he put his hands together again he said "I'm aware of that.", looking down, then bowed slightly and said "Thank you for your kindness, Emperor." - actually meaning it. He turned around and started to walk out, accompanied by the guard. The guard at the door opened the gates and let them out.

The Emperor, to himself: "I'll never understand these 'wise guys'..."

Legend walked out of the Forbidden City, still accompanied by the guard. At the wagon, Legend kept walking. The guard stopped and said "Hey, I'm to bring you back!" Legend, looking down, kept walking as he said "I'd rather walk." The guard, laughing: "All the way back? You'll have a few weeks." Legend, still walking: "I'm aware of that."

The guard looked shortly after him, then shook his head and walked back.

Legend had to reflect upon what just happened. He knew so much, compared to most other people, thought to be some sort of master, yet he just experienced a situation which he handled it like a mere child. First he became nervous of the situation he was thrown in, and then he almost messed it up.

He realized now that he was no master. In fact, he needed a master himself.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:18 pm

Chapter 87: A New Face

A few months have passed since Legend left Hefei, and only now has he come back again.

He had walked all the way back from Beijing to Hefei. Before he arrived in Hefei, a man with a beggar lookalike suit, a cape, a sword and a bow approached him from far away. It was his father, The Vagabond, The Nameless One.

Legend saw and recognized him from far away, stopping to walk as he did so. When he was next to him he said: "Father."

The Vagabond: "Hello, Son. How have you been doing?"

Legend sighed slightly as he looked down, then said: "Well..." Shortly after he looked at him and said: "I'm fine..."

The Vagabond: "I've been feeling it.. So you met The Emperor."

Legend looked at him, then shortly after he said: "Yeah..."

The Vagabond: "Any trouble?"

Legend replied: "He told me to not try to free the minds of the masses and to give my teachings only to those who seek them, as if I have any 'teachings'.."

The Vagabond: "Is there anything I can help you with?"

Legend: "I can deal with it. Thank you."

The Vagabond: "Good to know. You know where to find me should you need my assistance."

Legend: "Yeah, thanks."

He went again, and Legend kept walking towards Hefei.

During the whole trip from Beijing to Hefei, Legend was meditating and reflecting as he was walking. He knew he'd make lots of enemies if he would just openly try to awaken people. And not being any sort of master himself, not being able to overcome his ego at any time, he knew he'd be vulnerable.

However... No one said anything about gray areas... Like riddles. One can easily pack a mind-blowing realization into a riddle, into stories and art, and share it with others for purposes of entertainment or, simply, being art. Those who would have eyes to see would see.

Maybe he should be some sort of Captain Obvious. No one's going to forbid you from being Captain Obvious, right?

Maybe the best thing was indeed what The Emperor told him to do. Simply do his own thing and offer his 'teachings' to the few who would be interested in.

This was still all just meaningless. The only meaningful thing right now was to find a true master. He wanted to overcome his ego, and grow mentally to a point where he'd truly be able to face everyone with the same attitude. He wanted a true master. Not a master of Kung Fu, but one of self-awareness. They say there are many good Gurus in India. Maybe that's the place he should go. Maybe he should go to India and look for a Guru there?

Legend arrived in Hefei. He went somewhere to the outer part of Hefei where not many people were and where he had a good look at the people and happenings in Hefei. Sometimes he was watching closely at the busy Hefei, the people and what was happening; Sometimes he was reflecting, thinking about what he should do and where he should go.

Although he was, so to speak, somewhat down, he also was aware of some deep, peaceful feeling which came with it. It felt good, and he gave into it, feeling and enjoying it to the fullest. It was like meditation, just that he was awake.

After a while, he noticed someone far away heading his way. A Wu-Tang disciple approached Legend, walking towards him with a happy and certain smile, as if she had finally found what she was looking for. As Legend observed it, he gave all his attention to her - he knew she was about to talk to him.

As she stopped and stood a few steps in front of him, they looked at each other. Shortly after she said happily: "Vagabond Legend..."

Legend looked at her with a friendly, slight smile.

Dratshitse: "I've been looking for you for a long time."

Legend smiled. It felt like this conversation was about to be more interesting, or rather meaningful, than most others.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:51 pm

Chapter 88: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 1

Dratshitse was a young vagabond in the Land. Ten years after the war of the nine dragons, when the clans opened their gates once again for new disciples, she wanted to join one of them.

She went to Bamboo Village and helped the people there out. At one point, after she just started to use a sword she found as weapon, a Dispatched Sacred Flower Disciple called Wisdom Flower spoke to her: "I've been watching what you have been doing in Bamboo Village. I believe you are talented enough to work for us so that the Sacred Mistress may someday reign again. I want to sign you up for Sacred Flower." Dratshitse replied: "Is that so?" Wisdom Flower: "May be you aren't interested in Sacred Flower. But think about this: You are a woman, and there are no clans besides Sacred Flower that have a woman as their clan leader. Do you wish to be discriminated not by skills or talents but by your gender? If not, think about Sacred Flower." She stopped shortly, then she continued: "You can join Sacred Flower if you'd like to. But I want to show you around Sacred Flower before that. You can choose your fate afterwards." Dratshitse didn't know why - for it wasn't precisely the fact that they had a woman as clan leader or that she didn't want to be discriminated, although it somehow appealed to her - but some feeling pulled her into this direction. And so, she decided to go take a look in Jixia Dong, the home of the Sacred Flower clan.

When Dratshitse arrived there and talked to the House Guard of Sacred Flower, Jade Flower, she was told: "What was recorded in history is not all that exists in the world. That is, at least, the case for us Sacred Flower. We were never recorded in history, but here we are, alive and well! History has always been written in the men's point of view, who always turned out as winners. Take a look at Daji or Yang Guifei. Even though they were taken as mere consorts to rich men, but they are blamed for the reason for the downfall of their countries. All these injustices will all end when the Sacred Mistress returns. She will destroy all that were made by men and create a world for us women. I hope you get to participate in it, too. The disciples of Sacred Flower use daggers, wheels and Draconic Art." She paused shortly, then continued: "Now that you heard my story, do you wish to return to Bamboo Village? Or do you wish to look around Jixia Dong a bit longer?" Dratshitse hasn't actually been interested in joining the Sacred Flower clan, but being approached by the clan and being invited to be one of them has made her interested. Also, some feeling drew her into the clan for unknown reasons. So, after a while, she said she'd like to stay around for a while longer. Jade Flower then smiled and said: "Good. Please enter our clan base, then. There's someone inside who wants to talk to you." Dratshitse asked surprised "With me..?", but didn't get an answer. Jade Flower led her inside, where Enchanting Soul was already waiting.

Enchanting Soul: "Hello Dratshitse. Do you know who I am?" Dratshitse answered: "Uhm... Not quite... How do you know my name?" Enchanting Soul: "I know a lot about you. Even more than you know about yourself yet. But let me introduce myself first... I'm Enchanting Soul, matriarch and leader of the Sacred Flower clan." Dratshitse cut to the case and asked wondering: "Why am I here?" Enchanting Soul: "You are here because you want to join a clan. And I am here because I want you to remember who you are. Much happened the last few years. Too much. The lands were in risk to fall apart, but somehow everything was... reversed. It's like time was rolled back." Dratshitse was shortly quiet, then said: "Excuse me, but I don't think it is possible to roll time back." Enchanting Soul: "You're right, it isn't. What happened was a reverse of some kind, to the point where the clans open their gates for new disciples again, with the deletion of all memories while leaving time itself intact. The soul, however, does not forget. Those who are in balance with their body and soul can still remember, at least parts of it."

Dratshitse was quiet for a while. Enchanting Soul then said: "Please feel free to speak out your mind." Dratshitse answered with little belief: "Let's assume you tell me the truth... Can you prove it?" To Dratshitse's surprise, Enchanting Soul answered: "Yes, let me help you."

Enchanting Soul touched Dratshitse's forehead with her right hand. Dratshitse was unsure about it and went a bit back, but let Enchanting Soul touch her anyway. Then suddenly, like a realization, she was able to remember some things. She was very surprised, looked around, at Enchanting Soul and the other clan members, then she knelt down before Enchanting Soul, looked down and said: "Forgive me for not believing your words, matriarch. I did not know." Enchanting Soul: "Please, my dear. Stand up."

Dratshitse stood up again, but was pretty insecure about everything. Enchanting Soul asked: "Does your loyalty still belong to the Sacred Flower clan?" Dratshitse answered: "Of course, matriarch." Enchanting Soul: "Then I need you to do something big for our clan." Dratshitse asked: "What can I do for you, my wise lady?" Enchanting Soul: "Since everything starts now anew, we got a big opportunity. I need you to infiltrate the Wu-Tang clan." Dratshitse: "Why me, my lady?" Enchanting Soul: "Because you are one of our bests, and sadly the only one I can truly spare for this precise quest. The only other person who would be qualified to do it is Setsuna, but I do need her abilities here."

Setsuna was behind Enchanting Soul. Just now Dratshitse recognized her. Dratshitse answered: "I will do whatever you need me to do, matriarch." Enchanting Soul: "Now listen, I want you to go and take a look at every clan. If you suddenly want to join the Wu-Tang clan after visiting ours, it might be suspicious to some people. But since you've started to use a sword as weapon before you visited our clan, it might even help you later, when you allegedly join the Wu-Tang clan after all. Even if there are people in the Wu-Tang clan who know that 'time' was reversed, they also know that almost all warriors lost their memories about it."

Dratshitse: "My lady, may I have my strength back?" Enchanting Soul: "My dear... I can't risk that... See, if you return to Bamboo Village with your strength of old, it will be suspicious to others. Also, many would recognize the Sacred Flower techniques. You will need to start from scratch. Do you think you can do this?" Dratshitse was shortly quiet, then answered: "Yes, matriarch. I do." Enchanting Soul: "I'm aware of the burden you would need to carry. If you want, I can erase the memories I just gave you about yourself except for the absolutely necessary you need to know about your quest. Shall I do it?" Dratshitse looked at the ground and thought for a short while, then she looked at Enchanting Soul and said: "No, matriarch. I can do it." Enchanting Soul asked: "Are you sure?" Dratshitse: "Yes, matriarch. I will not fail you." Enchanting Soul: "Alright, my dear. I trust you enough to believe your words. So now listen to your assignment..."

After Enchanting Soul explained Dratshitse what she needed to do, she said good bye and walked out. Setsuna accompanied her up to the entrance to Bamboo Village. Setsuna: "I wish I could come with you..." Dratshitse: "It's probably better if only one of us carries out this task. I wouldn't want to worry about you..." Setsuna agreed as she felt the same way: "I know what you mean... but I will miss you..." Dratshitse looked in the direction where the Sacred Flower clan base was, said thoughtful "I will miss the Sacred Flower clan too, now that I remember again...”, then looked at Setsuna and said "And especially you... Now I realize that though I have forgotten, I felt like something was missing... I think I was missing you..." Setsuna: "Thinking about how I won't see you until you're finished with your quest makes me feel sad..." Dratshitse: "Don't think about it... We will see each other again, that's all that matters..." Both were standing, but none said anything anymore. Then, Dratshitse said: "I have to go now. I will see you in a few months..." She turned away and started to walk, but Setsuna grabbed her hand and didn't let go. Dratshitse looked back to Setsuna who had wet eyes. Setsuna pulled Dratshitse to her and gave her a long and romantic kiss. After they stopped, they were both noticeably emotional. Dratshitse swallowed the sad feelings down, because she knew no one can notice anything. She let Setsuna's hand go and walked away.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Chapter 89: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 2

Dratshitse was doing some quests for the Wu-Tang clan. More precisely, she was looking for someone she had to find, someone who killed an entire village in Zhengzhou. As she was running through the Land, going after one lead after another, she reflected upon it. She could hardly understand the point and purpose of the inhumanity of such level...

"Sure, I've killed too, especially in the time before" Dratshitse thought to herself, "but an entire village? For what purpose? When I kill somebody then because it is my enemy, or because there is no other way, mostly because I can't go further on my task or because it's the easiest way to get what I need. But an entire village of innocent people..? For what purpose..?"

Following the story of Master Lingyun and Nocturnal Sorceress, Dratshitse found the hunter she was looking for in Zhengzhou. He found the person who killed the entire village, but he was poisoned. Dratshitse found and killed the injured woman who he fought with, and retrieved the antidote for the hunter. The hunter then told her: "It was her. I will never forget that beautiful face. But it wasn't Nocturnal Sorceress. Could it be that I've hunted the wrong person all along?"

When Dratshitse told Xuanxuan in Wu-Tang Shan what the hunter discovered, he replied: "You don't believe the words of this hunter more then mine, do you? If I hear somebody telling this around, the hunter will not be welcome in Wu-Tang anymore." Dratshitse decided to go tell Xu Sanzhao what she knew, and indeed he thanked her: "Keep in mind what position Xuanxuan has in Wu-Tang. This could be dangerous for him. Nonetheless I want to thank you for your efforts, and even if we didn't find Lingyun yet, I'm convinced we're close."

Dratshitse noticed her Bandit's Garb to have taken damage. She went to the Peddler in Wu-Tang Shan and bought herself a Yuxu Garment of the Wu-Tang clan. She looked thoughtful at it, but decided then to put it in her bag.

….........

Dratshitse was in her home. She wore the Yuxu Garment she bought a while ago in Wu-Tang Shan and went to the mirror. Standing in front of it, she looked at herself. She looked like she wasn't quite sure about it.

She thought about how she used to wear short clothes when she was a member of the Sacred Flower clan. She thought about when she was in the Sacred Flower clan and used to be a known and respectable Wise Flower Lady. She thought about how she showed her loyalty in the time before to the Sacred Flower clan, day after day. She thought about how she gave her heart, soul and her life for the Sacred Flower clan, but was forced now to be in another clan, even an hostile one, far away from her beloved ones, unsure about what is right and what is wrong. When she started with her task of infiltrating the Wu-Tang clan, she would have given anything to be in the Sacred Flower clan once again.

After giving in to her thoughts, she looked at herself again, and shortly after decided to give it a try anyway and kept the clothes on.

….........

Dratshitse realized that she didn't use to fight the white clans out of meaningless hate, but out of anger because they couldn't accept her different way of living. She followed the way of the Sacred Flowers because they were seen as 'whores' in the whole land anyway, so she thought. But when she began to learn about the way of Yin & Yang and to seek the balance within her, she realized that everyone has the right to stand for his or her way of living - there was no reason to be evil. But in order for everyone to realize that everyone must go his or her very own way, the white and black clans would need to fight less. Her best chance, for people to accept other people's opinions and way of living, was to start there: More peace between the white and black clans.

She has heard of a Vagabond called Legend, which supposedly was a peace seeking, open-minded free spirit. She sought for him in her memories of the time before - and indeed: She could remember again. She remembered the Son of The Vagabond, who created the very first vagabond guild. Clanless warriors, who wanted to share their experience and knowledge with other, possibly more experienced vagabonds, had finally a place to meet like-minded people and take refuge. For the first time, the neutral warriors of the Land were united in some way. Legend the Vagabond seriously tried to reduce the arguing and fighting between white and black clans on his own. Many other vagabonds followed his example. Though there are hostile vagabonds, there are indeed vagabonds in the Land standing for peace, especially when they are needed. So too it was to The Nameless One, The Vagabond. And so too it was to many other vagabonds before him. Legend tried to step into his father's footsteps, and to stand for peace and for the people. Like many other warriors in the Land, Dratshitse too became to know about those stories about Legend, who supposedly died. She remembered how she informed herself about Legend, after she heard some stories back then - Setsuna was all the reason she needed, after she told her about him back then.

Back then, Setsuna was given the mission to make Legend interested in her, seduce him and eventually become his partner. Blinded by love, Legend would listen to her opinion and her words and do whatever she would have said. For he, as respected vagabond and leader of the Vagabond Army, had more power than he dared to realize. The Vagabond Army was well respected in the whole Land. People realized how hard the clanless path must be, and they began to respect the vagabonds for going this path. Many were interested about Legend's opinion, whether he realized it or not.

She knew, with Legend's help, she could bring more peace into the Land.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:13 pm

Chapter 90: A Glimpse of Dratshitse's Story - Part 3

Dratshitse was able to find a supposedly old friend or relative of Legend, a Beggar called Dreamghost. Upon asking him about Legend's whereabouts, he replied: "I don't know where Legend can be found" he said, "but if you want to find him, your best bet is probably to find Ruye first." Dratshitse apparently knew him, for she was shortly quiet, then asked: "You mean THE Ruye?" He answered: "Yes." She was quiet again, then asked somewhat dry: "You don't mean Le'Uye, do you?" He replied: "Yes, I do." Dratshitse mumbled to herself: "This guy again..."

Dratshitse went to Hefei and started to look for Ruye, since he supposedly was often there, though no one seemed to have seen him since quite some time. After a while she saw him from far away, talking with the storage keeper and packing his stuff with some lower disciples. She kept watching him from far away for a while, until his disciples carried most of his stuff away, supposedly to Mount Yanmo. Ruye packed his bag and walked to the Duel Ground 2, there he watched some other Heavenly Demon disciples dueling. He crossed his arms, like he often does.

Dratshitse walked to him. Ruye seemed to be aware of her already from far away, though just kept watching his disciple's duels. When she was behind and next to him, she said: "Hello Ruye." Ruye replied: "Dratshitse... I'm surprised that you remember me." He looked serious, almost proud at her, then said "You didn't remember all by yourself, did you?" Dratshitse: "No, I had help." Ruye: "You're a Wu-Tang now?" Dratshitse: "Long story..." Ruye: "I got time." Dratshitse: "You got always time for information. But I don't have the patience and the trust." Ruye: "Then let's cut to the case. What do you want?" Dratshitse: "I seek your assistance." Ruye looked forward at the duel again, somewhat uninterested, and said: "Of course you do. Otherwise you wouldn't be talking to me." Dratshitse: "I'm looking for a known vagabond called Legend." Ruye was surprised, looked at her and asked mistrustful: "What do you want from him?" Dratshitse: "I need his help, and I want to help him." Ruye: "You don't really believe that I take you, a bygone Sacred Flower, to Legend, just with your word that help is all you want, do you? You need to give me more information than that." Dratshitse immediately looked somewhat careful around, though she didn't see anyone who could have heard it, then she said: "Watch your words, Ruye... Or shall I call you by your real name?" Ruye: "I highly doubt there's anyone around who would know about it, and also it doesn't really matter that much anymore. But anyhow, you really shouldn't go there. Remember that I also know a lot about you. I can get you into more trouble than you can get me into." Dratshitse: "Then keep it to yourself. If anyone from the Wu-Tang clan finds out that I was a Sacred Flower in the time before and that I remember it, I could get in trouble. And I can't use any trouble in the Wu-Tang clan." Ruye was surprised by her sudden honesty: "Really..? Hm... You run into danger by revealing such a 'secret' to me... Either you're stupid as shit or you indeed speak the truth. You aren't stupid at all, without question. But I wonder... What kind of help do you need from Legend?" Dratshitse: "I seek a solution to stop the hate between the white and the black clans." Ruye starts to laugh sarcastically and answers: "Yeah, sure..." Dratshitse: "I'm serious, Ruye." Ruye was shortly somewhat surprised and became serious again, looked at her, then he asked: "And what kind of help would you offer him?" Dratshitse started to grin slightly, grabbed into her bag and showed Ruye the so-called Crescent Flower.

Ruye was surprised. He uncrossed his arms as he looked at it and said: "No way... This isn't the legendary weapon used by Nocturnal Sorceress, the number one assassin..." Dratshitse, still grinning, answered: "Yes, it is." Ruye: "Where do you got it from?" Dratshitse: "Long story." Ruye asked somewhat conspicuous: "What exactly do you want to do with it?" Dratshitse: "I want to give it to Legend." Ruye was surprised: "What? You want to give something like that to somebody else, and even a clanless vagabond? And even if I wouldn't know you, why would you, a Wu-Tang disciple, give away such a relic of the Wu-Tang clan? I don't believe anything you say." Dratshitse: "I know it's hard for you to understand it. But I have changed. I learned things about myself I never knew existed. In the time before, I mainly lived in anger, trying to harm others for meaningless reasons. I've found a way of peace for me since I'm traveling the Lands once again." Ruye: "You're not really trying to make me believe that you follow the 'way of Yin & Yang' of the Wu-Tang, do you?" Dratshitse: "Wu-Tang doesn't do it much better and is basically just the same as every other clan. There are indeed many things in the Wu-Tang clan I don't agree with, but it feels like this is the right way for me. During my travels I've found new knowledge and wisdom, and all I want is to find my peace within, and thus also try to create peace without." Ruye answered somewhat uncertain "That's not the old Dratshitse who's talking here. Sadly I don't have the time to get to know you better and to decide later - as a matter of fact, I'm about to leave the Land for good soon. Forgive me, but I can't help you. You must find your way without him.", then, after giving his sincere apology, gave his attention to the duel in front of him again.

Dratshitse thought a while about it, then she said: "What if I tell you the whole truth, every detail you want, why I joined the Wu-Tang clan and what made me change my mind?" Ruye looked into Dratshitse's eyes and noticed the sincerity, then he said: "If you're really serious about what you say, then you shall get your chance. But beware: This will be the only chance you will get. And if you're messing with me and want to mess with Legend, you're going to know a Ruye you will wish you wouldn't have known." Dratshitse: "And you give me your word that nobody will know that I was a Sacred Flower?" Ruye: "Hell, if you really speak the truth, I will even help you cover up." Dratshitse: "So, that's a yes, then?" Ruye: "Yes. I give you my word that I will keep everything I know about you to myself."

….........

After some hours of talking in a save environment, Ruye laughs out loud: "HA HA HA HA! You really want to disobey the Sacred Flower clan, only for the slight chance of bringing more peace into the Land? You've got balls, I give you that! And it's a selfless deed, too! You've really changed - I hope it will be worth it." Dratshitse: "That's why I need Legend. I can't do it without him."

Ruye revealed her this: "For many years to come, Legend is nowhere on earth to be found. But if you're patient, you will see him again." Dratshitse: "So he will come back?" Ruye: "Yes, he will come back here, in a few years." Dratshitse: "Can you tell me when exactly?" Ruye: "Anything's possible between 2 and 10 years. That's my guess. I'm sorry I can't give you more than this." Dratshitse looked down and said thoughtful: "Hm. I see." Ruye: "Though..." Dratshitse looked at him, "he won't be seen by those who have eyes to see but do not see, and have ears to hear but do not hear, for a long time... until he reveals himself." Dratshitse: "Which is... the majority." Ruye looked at her, grinned slightly, and said: "Yes... Indeed."

….........

As they wanted to leave the house, Dratshitse said: "Say... I feel the presence of the Ruye I used to know... with a much bigger and focused presence. But there's something... dark and frightful too... like in the background of your presence... It feels like... like something somebody told me about..." Ruye grinned at her: "You're referring to when Setsuna met 'The Dark Messiah'." Dratshitse was surprised, slightly insecure, and she said "Yes..." Ruye, still slightly grinning, looked deep into her eyes and said: "The Dark Messiah was moved into my body, and we have become one." Dratshitse was shortly speechless as she realized this could have basically been the last moment of her life.

As they said good bye, Dratshitse wondered: "Will we see each other again?" Ruye replied: "In this life? I doubt it." Dratshitse understood, then said "Thanks again for your help. I wish you the best on your journey." Ruye: "I wish you the same. Should you ever meet Legend after all, tell him..." Ruye looked aside and was shortly quiet, then after a while said "Nevermind. He'll take care of himself." They smiled, then they departed.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Sun May 08, 2016 11:29 pm

Chapter 91: Ruined Expectations

Legend smiled slightly: "So those new 'prophecies' many people are referring me to... That's your doing."

Dratshitse, somewhat ashamed: "Yes, I did spread these rumors around.. I thought I could move you to the right direction by giving you a motivation you could hold onto... But why didn't it work? You used to care about prophecies and such things."

Legend, smiling and rather humble: "I don't care much about gossip these days.."

Dratshitse didn't understand: "Why? I mean... What better thing could there be? If people believe in these things too, it will be easier for you to give them what they want."

Legend: "This won't solve the problems. Leaders and heroes might raise up from time to time and make things better, but the essential issues remain."

Dratshitse was confused: "I don't understand."

Legend: "You know what's the problem with people? They all pray to Buddha and other awakened masters, but none of them wants to be The Buddha or awakened."

Dratshitse didn't understand: "People don't have to become Buddha to create more peace."

Legend: "The problem of humanity is the mind. The mind is like a monkey who jumps around all the time and creates suffering for itself. Most are controlled by their mind, they don't control the mind. To be truly free of suffering, one has to become awakened to the mind-made problems and everything that happens within. The outside is always a reflection of what's inside, and only a few people have true peace within. In fact, most people are afraid of what's inside, and thus are not able to look within.. And that's the only place they'll find what they need. Both for the problems within and without."

Dratshitse became both amazed and frustrated. Amazed to hear such - for her - clear words pointing to the real issues, which she couldn't quite fully grasp yet but felt like some understanding for. Frustrated to know that what she had planned won't really help much. A moment of silence comes up.

After a while Legend asked wondering: "Why didn't you sought out for me earlier? I'm back since a while."

Dratshitse: "At first I wanted to, but I was somewhat afraid, I guess... So I thought I'd support you from the background... When you stopped trying to free people's minds, I came up with the idea of making up these prophecies, so that people would find you, and you would find the people again..." Legend smiled. "Why didn't it work?" she asked.

Legend: "Because I'm not the mind."

She didn't understand, so he explained: "It would have worked in the past, but only because of my ego - the identification with thoughts. Now that I more or less realize I'm not my mind, such prophecies are just, kind of, like anything else... Just another game of form. They may be somewhat interesting, but have no real essential meaning or importance."

Dratshitse stayed silently, as was her mind for most part of that moment. But as the mind comes up with the next thought very fast, she asked shortly after: "So, what does that mean?"

After a while, Legend said: "I can't help you bring real peace into the Land - I wouldn't know how. Real peace starts within, the outside is just a reflection of our inner state. And most people are not ready, let alone willing to awaken to their true self. But on the other hand, it's not a bad thing either. After I left 10 years ago, all clans and many vagabonds fought together and dispelled the chaos in the Land, and many hidden friendships between white and black clans which were hidden back then are openly shown today. It's getting better."

Dratshitse: "Yes, I agree.. But.. Sometimes I feel like it's getting worse."

Legend: "It's getting both better and worse. We won't ever be able to extinguish the darkness in this world."

Dratshitse: "So, we're doomed?"

Legend: "Such a thing can only be done by whole of humanity, once mankind has truly become one, in the distant future.. In a time where man has expelled nature and constructed big cities of stone without much green left, where being homeless is frowned upon and begging is a legal offense, where food and seeds have been privatized and monetized, where people got so used to a slavish mentality that they don't believe in anything else anymore, and are so dependent on the system that they'll even fight those who fight for freedom.. This will be the time of the great awakening, where we all find each other as one, due to the massive, global crises, because it will be the only way to our salvation.. But this lays in a far-away future, not here in the Ming Dynasty."

Dratshitse was silent for a while, with big eyes, then after a while she asked: "How do you know?"

Legend: "It's not so much seeing the future, but more like seeing the obvious. One thing leads to another. Anyone can see as I see, it just happens that most don't want to."

Dratshitse understood that this had to do with the same "looking within" issue, so she continued: "So... What are we supposed to do - nothing?"

Legend: "This is our karma, and there's nothing you can do to change what must happen. All you can really do is make a meditation out of it. Being enlightened and awake does not mean that you'll never face darkness again, it just means you use the darkness as a tool to grow."

Legend's humble, enlightening words somewhat gave Dratshitse some realizations, and a better direction on where to go. But Dratshitse planned to return to the Sacred Flower clan and tell them about her change of heart and mind once she had truly changed something and brought peace into the Land, with Legend's help. But now, with Legend not knowing either what to do or how to do it, she had no idea how to tell them and how to cut herself off from the Sacred Flower clan.

A young vagabond approached Legend - it was Soul.

Soul: "Legend, you're back!"

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:30 am

Chapter 92: Small Talk

Soul: "Who's that?"

Legend: "This is Dratshitse. She's a Wu-Tang disciple and a nice person."

Soul, looking at Dratshitse: "Nice to meet you."

Dratshitse smiled: "Likewise."

Soul looked at Legend again: "You were gone for quite some time.. Where have you been?"

Legend, slightly smiling: "I was brought to Beijing.." Dratshitse looked at Legend.

Soul: "Beijing? What for?"

Legend: "I had to meet The Emperor.." Dratshitse became slightly surprised.

Soul was surprised and shortly quiet, then he asked carefully: "So... How did it go?"

Legend smiled slightly and said: "It's all fine. Nothing to worry about."

Soul wanted to know more and in detail, and urged: "Tell me more. What happened? What did he want?"

Legend slightly breathed deeply in and out again, then just shortly told what happened since he knew it wasn't much of a subject Soul would be interested in: "Well.. He told me I couldn't just go around and try to awaken people and free people's minds and such.." Dratshitse slightly opened her mouth due to being surprised, though didn't let it being noticed very much.

Soul, not interested in enlightenment and that sort of thing, just replied: "Ah.. I see." Dratshitse looked at Soul again. "But everything is fine, right?" Soul continued.

Legend smiled: "Yes, as said, there's nothing to worry about."

Soul smiled: "Good. But why did you take so long to come back?"

Legend: "I walked back." Dratshitse looked at Legend again.

Soul: "They didn't bring you back?!"

Legend: "It was my own choice to walk back." Dratshitse slightly opened her eyes wider.

Soul: "All the way from Beijing to Hefei?! Why??"

Legend smiled slightly: "It was a good opportunity to meditate and gather myself again." Dratshitse was amazed to hear something so... rare.

Soul was somewhat confused: "Oh.. kay." Then he smiled and said: "Good to have you back."

Legend smiled: "Good to be back."

Soul: "So, have you anything planned for today? We could hang around and do something together."

Legend: "Sure, maybe later." He smiled gently and said: "I'm currently having a nice conversation with Dratshitse."

Soul: "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't want to disturb or something."

Legend laughed slightly, then said smiling: "Don't worry, you didn't."

Soul: "Okay, I'll go again now. You know where to find me later."

Legend smiling: "Sure thing."

Soul looked at Dratshitse: "It was nice to meet you."

Dratshitse smiled: "Nice to meet you, too."

Soul looked at Legend again: "Good luck."

Legend smiling: "See you around. Take care."

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:54 am

Chapter 93: Enlightenment isn't for Everyone

Dratshitse was smiling and looked at Legend: "A friend?"

Legend: "Yes. And one of the last true members the Vagabond Army had."

Dratshitse: "It didn't seem like he was very interested in.. enlightenment."

Legend looked at her and smiled: "Good eye."

Dratshitse: "Haven't you tried to get him into it?"

Legend: "I did try to talk to Xiao Soul about some things, about self-awareness and this kind of thing.. But, I guess.. It's just not his thing right now. Either that or I'm just simply the wrong kind of 'master' he needs."

Dratshitse: "Xiao Soul?"

Legend: "Chinese for 'little'."

Dratshitse: "Ah.." Shortly after she continued: "I don't understand.. Your words seem to be pretty enlightening.."

Legend smiled: "To you, maybe. But just because you're looking for this sort of thing. And probably also because Soul has seen other sides and states of mind of me.. You haven't."

A moment of silence comes. Dratshitse looks somewhat down, thoughtful.

After a while she grabbed her bag and said smiling: "Oh, right.. As I mentioned while telling you my story, I wanted to give you something in exchange for your help.. But now that I know you can't help me I don't know what to do with it. I carried it so long with me for just this purpose, now it just seems fitting to give it to you anyway.."

Dratshitse took out the Crescent Flower and held it towards Legend. Legend looked at it, smiled slightly, then said: "That's the Cresent Flower, the legendary weapon used by Nocturnal Sorceress, right?"

Dratshitse smiled: "Yes, it is. I want to give it to you." Legend looked for a while at the relic, smiling, and Dratshitse added shortly after "You can have it."

Shortly after, Legend refused with a smile: "No, thank you."

Dratshitse was confused: "What? Why not? I didn't steal it or anything."

Legend laughed slightly, then said: "No, that's not what I was thinking." He explained: "I already have all I need. You should keep it."

Dratshitse: "But I wanted to give it to you as a gift.."

Legend: "The best gifts are formless.. Like our conversation. I value and appreciate it more than I could ever value and appreciate this relic. Really, you should keep it. It will be more useful to you than it would be to me."

Dratshitse was speechless as she never saw such humbleness. Every other person would have taken it immediately.

After a while of silence and gazing at his eyes, Dratshitse just spoke out: "Please be my master."

Legend looked at her, seeing how serious she meant it. Shortly after Legend lowered his head and smiled, then slightly shook his head and said: "No, I'm no master. I'm in this... 'pickle', you see... Mostly, I see what others do wrong - or better said, what they do not do right - and although I have learned so much, I still automatically identify with my thoughts sometimes, and thus still creating drama sometimes.. It may not be excessive drama, but it's useless drama nonetheless, which not only can be bothersome to other people, but also keeps me from awakening and finding my true self." Slightly laughing he added: "I probably need a master myself."

Dratshitse realized that Legend was still on the path to enlightenment and has not completely found it yet. Shortly after she said with a smile: "Well, I'm open for any advice you can give me."

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Chapter 94: Fishing Trip

Legend just arrived at The Vagabond.

Legend, smiling: "Let's go fishing."

The Vagabond smiled but declined: "I'm sorry, maybe another time. I must be present to those who might need my help or advice."

Legend smiled and ironically said: "Come on.. Stop taking life so seriously. It's not like you're going to get out alive."

The Vagabond laughed, so did Legend, and after a while The Vagabond agreed.

They were sitting silently and relaxed at the lake, as they were holding the fishing rods. Both were enjoying the silence, calmness and sunshine. After a while, The Vagabond broke the silence: "So, how have you been lately?"

Legend smiled: "I'm good, thanks." Shortly after: "You too?"

The Vagabond: "You've been thinking lately. So, whats up?"

Legend: "What makes you say that?"

The Vagabond: "You spontaneously came up with the idea to visit and go fishing with me. Also I sensed how you felt lately." Legend looked slightly down. The Vagabond: "Plus, I can feel you need to talk."

Legend sighed slightly. Then he began to talk: "You're right.. I've been more tense and irritated lately again.. On some days it's like I can ride the wave, like I'm completely here and present, being the master of my own mind.. On other days it's like everything's meaningless and everything annoys me, like I'm going back to my old self.. There were quite a few things which bothered me lately.. On the other hand there's Dratshitse, the first and only person who truly wants to learn from me. Kind of gives me some pressure to not fall back again and to keep going on this path."

The Vagabond: "So it's a good thing, then."

Legend: "I guess.. I just don't like pressure.."

The Vagabond: "Good and bad days.. We all got those.. I believe even Buddha had those." Legend laughed slightly as The Vagabond was smiling.

The Vagabond: "I suppose that's what always happens when someone becomes a teacher."

Legend looked slightly wondering at The Vagabond. After a while he asked: "How do you mean?"

The Vagabond: "It always takes time for the messenger to become the message."

Legend suddenly realized what this meant: "Oh."

After a while, The Vagabond asked: "You've planned to become a sort of teacher anyway, right?"

Legend: "Well.. It was an idea.. a possibility.."

The Vagabond: "But you were basically ready to do it."

Legend: "Well, yeah.. but.."

Shortly after, The Vagabond: "But what?"

Legend sighed slightly, then said: "Well.. But.. If I really want to be a real and serious teacher, I have to kind of let go of everything."

The Vagabond smiled slightly: "So you're preaching to be free of the mind while not being free of it yourself?"

Legend: "I don't want to preach.. All I'm saying is there's another way.."

The Vagabond laughed slightly, then said: "I know.." Legend smiled.

After a while, Legend looked at The Vagabond and asked: "What about you? Are you looking for enlightenment? Or are you interested in it?"

The Vagabond: "I was once. But I gave that up."

Legend: "What, why?"

The Vagabond was shortly quiet, then he said: "With great power comes great responsibility."

Legend looked at him for a while, then looked down and nodded slightly as he said "Yeah.. I know what you mean.." and understood.

The Vagabond: "You seem to understand what I mean. Then why do you still do it?"

Legend: "I kind of have no other choice."

The Vagabond: "We always do."

Legend looked at him: "Do we really?" The Vagabond looked at him and said nothing. Legend: "Even if, for how long do we have a choice?"

The Vagabond looked away and said nothing, shortly after he said: "Until we've had enough of it and realize it's just an illusion."

Legend: "Exactly. And I'm kind of tired of all this.. whatever it all is. I feel, like a deep knowing, that there's nothing in this Universe which could give me what I truly want. I feel like every other alternative would suck, big time, like I don't want this all anymore. It feels like this is the only thing left for me. True, everlasting inner peace, no dreaming a stressful and tiring dream anymore. Or even dreaming a beautiful dream when I've gathered lots of good karma. It will just be a dream and an illusion anyway.."

The Vagabond nodded his head slightly looking down as he basically understood.

They both talked and enjoyed the time together until the sun went down.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:31 pm

Chapter 95: Vagrant's Comeback?

As it so often happened, Legend was roaming through Hefei. One day he met again one of his older friends, MaestroGarti. During the talk with him, he was told about a high level Vagabond named Vagrant. Upon asking, he was told that it was a man, no woman. Since Legend's old master was a woman, there was no way this could he the real Vagrant. Plus, if Vagrant really was back in the Land, she would have already tried to contact Legend. Taking this to be a false rumor, Legend didn't believe it and disregarded it again - though he hoped to meet his old master one day again.

Strangely enough, the rumors about a Vagabond called 'Vagrant' didn't stop to turn up, as few as they were. As time passed, Legend was told that this alleged 'Vagrant' was a high level Vagabond, usually to be found around in Tibet, Loulan and the East & West Temples. From time to time he kept an eye open when he was around in these areas, however, he rarely saw any Vagabond, let alone one named Vagrant. People didn't seem to know much about him either.

One day, by coincidence, he saw a Vagabond in Hefei who's name was supposedly Vagrant. He saw from far away that this wasn't his master, but seeing as it was a Vagabond, Legend approached him with a friendly smile and tried to start a conversation.

Legend's attempts were fast declined, though. He even got rejected. Legend was somewhat confused and unsure what this meant, but he kept trying having a nice conversation without conflict and asked whether he knew the old, veteran Vagabond 'Vagrant'. He did seem to know her, yet still acted like an asshole. Confused, Legend asked whether he had ever done something to him before, or what the problem seems to be. Vagrant then revealed his true identity: A douchebag called many names, Hermes, HawkMan and Oh_War among others.

He was a pretty strong fighter, not a real, let alone true Vagabond, and the sort of person you'd call douchebag or asshole. He was often in Tibet, waiting for weaker warriors and then defeat them over and over, giving people a hard time to train and become stronger. Legend, being a Vagabond, was beaten up by him quite a few times already, too. Annoyed by the inability to train and become stronger because of this asshole, he now also had to face the fact that not only was his old master not around, but in fact the name was stolen by this, one of the biggest assholes in the Land.

In the heat of the moment, Legend lost it and got very mad, and began to call him many names. Mr. Douchebag kept acting like an asshole, and thus the conflict between them got more and more intense, until Legend suddenly realized it was already getting too far, while realizing that this asshole could go on and go deeper and more intense, as he seemed to be a very lonely and hating asshole who fucks with everybody just to drag them down to his level. Those were the moments when Legend sort of wished he wouldn't be seeking enlightenment and still be his old self, in which case he wouldn't have any problem with fucking back, going as far as he had to to shut these ignorant fucks up. These were the moments which he had problems to let go of.

After a while he did manage to tell him to fuck off and to just walk away, though still carrying a shit load of "bad feelings" which he had trouble to let go of.

As he was walking alone through places and had trouble of letting it go, he was giving in to the judgmental monkey mind and was mumbling angrily.. "I should fucking kill each and everyone of you assholes.. just because of your fucking arrogance.. being the biggest asshole in the world and stealing my respected master's name, you son of a bitch.. fucking motherfuckers.."

At that moment, he suddenly felt a known, angry presence behind him. Legend looked back at him, looked surprised, and said: "Ruye!"

Ruye looked at him, standing there with his gloves on, with proud/serious eyes, and slowly began to grin.

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am

Chapter 96: Ruye's Comeback

Ruye: "I've been feeling your aura all those years you were 'down there', and was amazed at what was shown to me. This blue aura of love and kindness of yours.. This is truly powerful stuff. At one point I started to doubt whether my egoic path with my red aura was truly leading to the biggest strength and power I could get. Then, I got an idea. I would proceed on my path to my best effort and let you proceed on yours, and eventually, we would fight together, and I would then see which one was truly more powerful. But you've lost much again since you're back. You're angered lately again. It's not often that your blue aura shines, and if, then it's weak. Your aura is mostly orange as you're busy with the 'problems' of this world which are not your own. So before letting your aura becoming red again, I thought I'd come back and kick your ass, to give you a wake up call."

Legend smiled slightly and looked down, then he said: "I get it.."

Suddenly, Ruye rushed straight to Legend and attacked him with a powerful punch, Legend was barely able to block it. Legend, surprised: "What are you doing?"

Ruye answered "I told you.", then attacked him yet again with another powerful attack. Legend was barely able to dodge it yet again.

Legend went a few steps back and said: "Stop it! I get it!"

Ruye: "No, you don't get it. There's no other way out than to fight me with your blue aura." He attacked him yet again, Legend blocked and held his fists, then threw him away.

Legend: "I don't know how to control it while fighting!"

Ruye: "Just love, you idiot!" He attacked him yet again, punching Legend in the face and throwing him back.

Legend, while standing slowly up again: "How am I supposed to love if what I feel hurts?!"

Ruye: "Isn't that what you've been preaching? To be the consciousness, the experiencer instead of the experienced? Make it to a spiritual practice or whatever."

Legend suddenly felt like he had a realization. But he had no time to be aware of it, as Ruye's next attack was coming straight at him, kicking him way back again.

Legend, while standing up, slightly pissed already: "Just give me a break, would you?"

Ruye: "No time for breaks. Just practice and do it already."

Ruye jumped, attacking him yet again. As he was falling towards Legend with his fist held back, ready to attack, Legend got suddenly serious and said: "Enough!"

He jumped back, letting Ruye hit the ground, then he held his right fist back, charging it with an orange/redish color, then shouted: "DRAGON FIST!"

He punched forward, and an energy dragon came out of his fist straight towards Ruye. As Ruye realized surprised what was about to happen, he crossed his arms in front of his face. The attack hit him hard and threw him pretty far backwards.

Ruye did not expect and calculate this possibility. This meant he couldn't force Legend to use his blue aura as intended, as he had a powerful technique which he could win with. His arms hurt enormously. After a while he then stood up again and asked surprised and somewhat angry "He taught you that?", referring to The Iron Fist.

Legend explains: "He just taught me the basics of it, as you remember, back when I had to fight The Hermit. But I saw him do it once or twice, and later I figured it out myself."

Ruye stood there, looking with a serious look at Legend, knowing that he would have a serious opponent and probably wouldn't be able to win this fight since Legend ascended so much the last few years.

This fight was not worth to be fought, either way. The only two reasons why Ruye should be fighting would be to either kick his ass to wake him up, or to face Legend in his blue aura of kindness. Both were beyond question now.

Too bad, Ruye thought to himself, for he had to probably wait yet again 10 years until he would have the opportunity to face him in his loving state and blue aura. But he had to help him get there. If he wouldn't give Legend some sort of push start, who knew when he'd be ready, if at all.

Ruye, after a short silence, before leaving: "There's somebody who can give you your answers. Seek for someone called the Unshaven Buddhist Monk. He's currently passing through Hefei and won't stay long. You should talk to him."

Legend, after a short silence: "How do you know?"

Ruye looked at him, after a short silence: "How do you not?"

Ruye began to walk away. Shortly after, while walking, he said: "We will fight again."

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Legend Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Chapter 97: The Unshaven Buddhist Monk

After finding the Unshaven Buddhist Monk who wasn't unshaven at all, Legend began to talk to him, and a calm, deep conversation began. It didn't take long until the Unshaven Monk realized what Legend was more or less looking for.

Legend: "You seem to be a Buddhist monk who has found the everlasting calmness within, and could endure whatever outer storm may arise. How were you able to accept the poisonous, hateful suffering in this world?"

And so, the Unshaven Buddhist Monk, with an unmistakable humbleness, told Legend his story.

He told him about his journey, when he was still a demon hunter and went after several demons to free them and help them find enlightenment, doing as he was told by his master, yet failed tremendously at this task, with his weak skills and attitude of non-conflict. He told him about a fellow demon hunter girl who he encountered and who fell in love with him, followed him and even wanted to become his wife. He, however, was seeking buddhahood, and thus was not interested in 'lesser love'.

After he had found the monkey demon, he was tricked by him, and the monkey king broke free from Buddha's seal, killing every demon hunter who was there, the Unshaven Monk, who had become bald due to the monkey demon ripping off all his hair, almost too, and even killed the girl who still wanted to become his wife, in an attempt to save the Unshaven Monk's life. In this enormous suffering, he found enlightenment, was then saved by The Buddha, and was then able to free the monkey demon and help him find back to his real self.

After going back to his master, with the three demons he had freed, after telling his story, his chubby master asked him: "Now how do you feel about Greater and Lesser Love? About love between a man and a woman?"

The Unshaven Buddhist Monk replied: "Love between a man and a woman... is all part of the Greater Love. Love is neither greater nor lesser. Having experienced pain, I can truly understand life's suffering. Knowing stubbornness, one can let it go. Knowing what one wants, one can release it."

Chubby Master: "Now you understand that little 'something'." Referring to that little 'something' he was missing before. "Do you know your mission?"

The Unshaven Buddhist Monk: "There is suffering in this world. It's not I who can rescue the world from hardship and deliver mankind from misery. That power lies only in the 22 scripture books in India." Legend slightly opened his eyes wider as he became cautious.

Then his chubby Master replied "Go on your journey to the West for the scriptures. It will be full of challenges and demons. These three each have skills...", referring to the three people he brought with him, "...and can protect you at all times." Then, with the words "I hereby grant you your holy robe and ritual items.", he received his holy robe. "From today, you are a disciple of Buddha. Your holy name is Tripitaka."

Legend understood that the Unshaven Monk was now heading to India to retrieve these Buddhist scriptures.

But more importantly, Legend understood the feeling, what the Unshaven Monk meant and was talking about, releasing some of the pain he still had by realizing what kind of souls, truly good souls, wander on this earth. Regardless of how much Legend would want to help the people and even the whole world, it was not he who could rescue the world from hardships and deliver mankind from misery. That power lies only in truth, the absolute truth, which may very well be found in old, Buddhist scriptures.

Legend became interested in the scriptures in India, the Land of Gurus. Maybe India was a destination worth setting after all.

* This Chapter was inspired by the movie "Journey to the West" (2013)

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next