The Vagabond Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

4 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 18: Who is Legend?

Post  Legend Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Chapter 18: Who is Legend?

Legend: „Are you my father?“ Bamboo Master: „No, no. I'm already too old to be your father.“ Legend: „Why do you seem then to know so much about me?“ Bamboo Master: „I took care of you for a long time.“ Legend: „What do you mean "a long time"?“ Bamboo Master: „After the war of the nine dragons, your parents didn't come back...“ Legend: „Who are my parents?“ Bamboo Master: „Your father is without any doubt The Vagabond.“ Legend: „You mean The Nameless One?!“ Bamboo Master: „That's correct.“ Legend: „What about my mother?“ Bamboo Master: „Only few know the truth. And the most of them, so I hear, are dead since a long time. All others only guess that your mother is Hu Shanshan.“ Legend: „Hu Shanshan, the lost dragon of the beggars?!“ Bamboo Master: „That's correct. Fact is, The Vagabond was at one time involved in a romantic relationship with Hu Shanshan.

Legend: „I know there are people who don't know who their father is... But I never heard about someone who doesn't know who his mother is... Normally, it is known who the mother is because the child comes from the mothers belly, and sometimes one has to speculate about who's the father. But in my case it seems rather to be as if The Vagabond is for sure my father, but no one knows for sure if Hu Shanshan is my mother. How can this be?“ Bamboo Master: „Your father never denied that you're his son. In fact, he was very proud of you and showed it often. If somebody from Tianjin wouldn't know that you're his son, then this person would most probably be very drunk. But this put you in danger, as well as him.“ Legend: „In danger?“ Bamboo Master: „Yes. There were people who wanted to kill him as well as you. When you still were a baby, there were many attempts to kill you.“ Legend: „Why did anybody want to kill me?“ Bamboo Master: „Old prophecies, superstition, or just out of stupidity, nobody knows that for sure... Actually you shouldn't have grew up here in Tianjin in the clan base of The League of Beggars. The plan was to school you as neutral as possible. But there wasn't any other possibility than keeping you here, where you are save.

Legend: „Did somebody witness my birth?“ Bamboo Master: „Yes, but how I said, the most of them seem to be dead already. You were born here in our clan base. Present were Hu Shanshan, The Vagabond, and five other people, of these I know three. These three were two disciples of our clan and Iron Fist.“ Legend: „Iron Fist?!“ Bamboo Master: „Yes, and he was just by chance here, as far as I know. In the wrong time at the wrong place, as one may say. But he never lost one word about it.“ Legend: „And the other two people of these five?“ Bamboo Master: „I don't know who they were. I also didn't see them. But I heard back then, one of them was a disciple of the Heavenly Demons.

Legend: „I still don't get one thing... When a woman becomes pregnant, one can see her belly growing. How can you not be sure if she was pregnant or not?“ Bamboo Master: „Back then, we haven't really seen her for the last few months, before you were born. It seemed as if she retracted. Almost nobody saw her back then. After you were born, the people saw her more often outside again.“ Legend: „How comes you weren't present at my birth?“ Bamboo Master: „Well, I was present, at least here in our clan base. But I didn't enter the room where you were born.“ Legend: „Why not?“ Bamboo Master: „I guess I felt offended by Hu Shanshan.“ Legend: „Offended by what?“ Bamboo Master: „I knew there was anything weird the last few months before you were born. But what irritated me was that Hu Shanshan didn't entrust anything to me. I think, that's why I stayed outside.

Legend: „For me it sounds obvious. Nobody saw Hu Shanshan the last few months before my birth because she was pregnant. For me it's enough evidence that she's my mother.“ Bamboo Master: „So it is for others. But there are contradictions. For example Hu Shanshan could have know that you're in danger, for the very reason that you're the son of The Vagabond. She could have wanted to create confusion for the enemy, by not being sure if Hu Shanshan really was your mother. Maybe she knew your mother and she wanted to help her.

Legend: „Sounds logical... And still I'm confused. The fact that I don't know who my mother is makes me insane!“ Bamboo Master: „This was indeed hard for you, especially when your parents didn't come back after the war of the nine dragons, and nobody knew if they were dead or alive. From then on, I took care of you. But I saw how it ate you inside, not to know where your parents are... But then, one day, I didn't believe it when you told me you've found your father. I was very proud of you.

Legend: „I heard you didn't agree when I've decided to become a vagabond. But you knew that The Vagabond is my father. May I ask why you reacted like that?“ Bamboo Master: „After you've told me that I wouldn't see you ever again, I've thought often about that. In the meantime I think, I was worried. I knew there are people who want to kill you and thought, you would choose us, your family. A clan disciple will become better faster than a vagabond could, furthermore a disciple is save in the clan base. But a vagabond does not have any clan base where he returns every evening or night. And a vagabond rarely finds somebody who wants to teach new techniques to a simple clanless warrior.“ Legend: „I didn't want to see you anymore because you didn't agree with my choice..?“ Bamboo Master: „No, no, that didn't happen so fast. That's another story which isn't told that fast. But to make it short, we had a conflict, I wasn't correct with you and you didn't want to see me again...

Legend: „What should I do as next?“ Bamboo Master answered almost challenging: „Tell me.“ Legend thought and answered: „Maybe I should talk with my father.“ Bamboo Master answered agreeing: „Yes.“ Legend: „I should ask him about these prophecies and who wanted to kill me.“ Bamboo Master answered even more agreeing: „That's right.“ Legend: „But the probably most important question is, if I should search Iron Fist instead of Hu Shanshan, to get an answer to the question if she really is my mother.“ Bamboo Master began to laugh and said happily: „That's it! You've become a real man! I'm proud of you!

With his words, new wisdom and different goals he hit the road to see his father.

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
  -Legend- | True Vagabond | Hermit 4 | Leader of Vagabond Army
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
  Legend | True Vagabond | Hermit 12 | Official Forum Moderator
Elysium
  [Legend] | True Vagabond | Heaven's Gate 12
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

https://www.youtube.com/@VGB_Legend

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 19: The Interference of The Vagabond

Post  Legend Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Chapter 19: The Interference of The Vagabond

As far Legend knew from Vagrant, Lone Hero and Ruye, his father was deep in The Cave of The Conqueror. They also told him, he could help him very much. Of course, Legend followed this path.

When Legend entered The Cave, he was lost fast. However, the place looked familiar to him. He knew there were often murderers around, but he hoped to meet the one or another rightful warrior who was willing to show him the way. He also knew, he had to reach the fourth floor.

When Legend found somebody at last, he asked the warrior for the way. It was a Wu-Tang disciple, however, Legend kept his saber ready, in case he would get attacked. But then Legend had a surprise.

The Wu-Tang warrior asked: „Are you Legend, the vagabond?“ Legend was very surprised, that somebody down there would know him, except for his father himself. He answered: „Uhm... Yes. Have we met?“ The warrior: „No, no. But I've heard about you. Nice to meet you.“ Legend was even more surprised and just answered: „Nice to meet you, too...“ The warrior said: „Come, I'll show you the way to the third floor.

When they arrived, the Wu-Tang warrior also explained Legend where he had to head next, to get to the fourth floor.

Running through The Cave, Legend was still surprised about the situation just before. He thought about it: „It seems as if I wouldn't be a bad person after all...

When he arrived the fourth floor, Legend looked after his father - Some minutes later he found him already. Legend recognized him already from far away by his clothes and his charisma, almost aura. His father also saw him coming from far away. When Legend was in front of his father, he asked: „Um... Are you The Vagabond?“ The Vagabond smiled softly and said: „I've waited already for you, my son. Good that you finally came. Time is getting short.“ Legend asked surprised: „So it's true, you're my father?

The Vagabond, as if he knew exactly what he was doing, sat down on the ground, and Legend got a feeling of a deja-vu. Like a good, old feeling. Legend also sat on the ground, and suddenly he thought with gladness to himself: „I've always liked our long conversations.

When Legend realized what he just thought to himself, he first didn't understand. Then he thought to himself „Must be an old memory...“ since he had more important things at this moment. He hoped for the help of the legendary man, who seemed to be his father.

The Vagabond started to talk: „Yes, it's true. I'm your father. It's a bit weird for me... You've looked two years after me, walked the hard path of a clanless warrior just because of me, and now you don't even remember it anymore...“ Legend felt a bit guilty by these words and tried to apologize: „I'm sorry... I wish it would be different...“ The Vagabond: „You don't have to apologize. I've often noticed that you were tortured by anger and hate within you. I wanted that you would learn it by yourself instead to help you.“ Legend thought good about it, then he answered: „I can understand your decision very well. Nobody can help one better than oneself... The way is the goal...

The Vagabond: „If I've learned one thing from the life, then that one has to accept others help sometimes.“ Legend thought about these words and had to agree somehow, but then he had to ask something else: „You said, you've waited for me. It would be good that I'm here and time is getting short. What did you mean exactly?“ The Vagabond: „I feel that something will come soon. But I also feel that you won't be ready for this test, if I don't help you.“ Legend: „What test? What will happen?“ The Vagabond: „I don't know yet. And even if I would, I wouldn't tell you. That would not be the point and also not very helpful. It would most probably even change the whole thing.“ Legend didn't know why, but he understood immediately what The Vagabond wanted to say, and how he meant it.

How do you want to help me?“ Legend asked. The Vagabond: „You will have to stay down here for a few weeks. I will put you in a kind of trance and do three things with you. The first one will be that I recover your memories.“ Legend: „Good to hear that... All the other guys said I wouldn't be ready yet for it...“ The Vagabond: „You aren't. But the time is short. You have to digest a lot. And fast.“ Legend swallowed empty when he heard that. He knew it was a real hard and serious thing.

The Vagabond spoke further: „The first step is to help you for the second one. The second step will be that I'll try to clean your heart from the anger and hate. Because when you know again what your anger and your hate made out of you this day, then you will want to get rid of it, too. You know what day I mean, right?“ Legend: „Yes... The day where I seemed to have betrayed my friends...

The Vagabond: „The third step will be the best. We will just have a conversation.“ Legend asked: „What good is the third step for?“ The Vagabond: „As far as I know you, the third step will give you new hope and strength, to continue where you stopped as proud vagabond. But be warned: If you fail at one of these three steps, you will fail in your test. Then you will also fail as vagabond, and your lovely Vagabond Army will fail, too.

Legend was almost scared by what he heard. He asked: „Should I tell my friends that I will be away for some time?“ The Vagabond: „No. It's better if nobody knows anything about it. Furthermore, we should use the time.

And so they started already. First they meditated together until they both were freed from all thoughts and emotions. But then, after some time, The Vagabond held his hand in front of Legend's head without him to notice it, and put Legend into a trance.

Legend was laying on the ground, and The Vagabond started with the first step. Soon, Legend would know what happened...

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

[9Dragons] The Son of The Vagabond | Godfather of the Vagabonds | True Vagabond – Since 2007

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
  Legend | True Vagabond | Heavenly Immortal 12 | Band Master of Vagabond_Guild * | Killer of True General Wei *
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 20: Step one, part one - Face your sins

Post  Legend Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Chapter 20: Step one, part one - Face your sins

The Vagabond sat in front of Legend's head. He held his hands at Legend's head and meditated. While he opened all doors to Legend and showed him the way, Legend was confronted with his memories.

He saw everything in front of him, as if he was there. But everything happened without to be able to change anything. He did remember...

Legend is a little boy... He's in the clan base of the League of Beggars... He sees his father coming and runs with happiness towards him...

Memory jump...

The Vagabond wanted to end the war of the nine dragons... He spoke with Hu Shanshan, and both went away... When they went, Legend looked after them...

Memory jump...

Legend finds out that the war took its toll... The Vagabond and Hu Shanshan were declared as dead...

Memory jump...

Legend went for the first time out of the clan base... He was ready to become a true vagabond, and to find his way...

Memory jump...

Legend fights with Ruye against Shuan Mian, the Double-faced Beggar in the Death Valley...

Memory jump...

After two years of searching, Legend found his father at last... But he still did not know where his mother was...

Memory jump...

Legend meets Vagrant, one of the strongest and most legendary vagabonds ever...

Memory jump...

Legend and Vagrant talk about the idea to form a vagabond guild...

Memory jump...

Legend forms the Vagabond Army, shortly after Vagrant disappears from the lands...

Memory jump...

Legend meets the vagabond VGP...

Memory jump...

Legend summons the holy dragon Shen Long...

Memory jump...

Legend tries to win the Black vs White war for the vagabonds...

Memory jump...

Legend experiences peace for a short time in Japan...

Memory jump...

..... Vagrant: „I hope this won't be a trip to hell.“

Legend: „It seems like our first common fight will start now, my vagabond brothers and sisters. I hope, you prepared your weapons.

Lone Hero: "No worries, if they send us to hell, we will just come back!"

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Pic44k

Memory jump...

Legend: "Hero, you take the left, I will take the right! Vagrant and VGP, you two make sure no one can get to our young recruits! Bring them to a secure place!"

Memory jump...

Piter, a friend of Lone Hero who participated the fight of the vagabonds, ran away after thinking this battle was far to great for him.

When Lone Hero finally reached Legend, Legend asked: "What kept you?" Lone Hero: "Something ugly..." Legend: „I really could use your help here! And where are Vagrant and VGP? We are already over one hour here!

Memory jump...

Vagrant and VGP arrived. Legend: „Finally you are back! This is like a war here! We need your help!

Memory jump...

The mighty man shouted: „Enough, you no-goods!

A very mighty man stood on a high rock. He kinda reminded Legend of the powerful and mysterious man Legend met once. The one who told him about the future of the vagabonds... Legend also felt this man's strength, but it was not friendly. He wore a robe, and one couldn't see his face.

Legend, Lone Hero, Vagrant und VGP were surprised and were wondering who this person was. But their enemies started to get nervous. A ninja from their enemies started to talk: „Lord... Please, give us some more time... W-We...“ The mighty man held his open hand against the ninja and shot a chi ball. The ninja was totally blown away. Merely a few pieces of his clothes were on the ground next to the crater the chi ball just made. He spoke with an impressive voice: „I did not give you the order to explain yourself.“ He took his arm back down and said: „You can't even handle four bugs like these vagabonds! It's an insult to have to handle this by myself!

Legend stood tall, looked up and shouted: „Bugs? Come down here and I'll show you with pleasure what vagabonds can!“ The mighty man asked: „You like to bandy, eh, Legend?“ Legend was surprised: „What?“ The mighty man: „To show others that also a vagabond can be a dangerous enemy, you often risk more than you should.“ Legend started to grin and said: „May be. But until now it worked pretty well.“ The mighty man: „We shouldn't meet today. You are all too week yet for people like me.“ The man then looked to some of the vagabonds enemies and said „But it seems as if only worthless warriors work for us.

He looked then again to Legend, began to grin and said: „But you... You are interesting.“ Legend: „Oh, really..?“ The mighty man: „I've never thought that a simple vagabond who was never in a clan would surprise me. But what I can see in your soul pleases my dark heart.“ Legend seemed to risk again too much and said: „Oh, yeah...? Then tell me what you see.

The mighty man started to talk almost scary: „I can see a lot of darkness...“ Legend stopped to grin and asked: „What...?“ The mighty man continued: „I can see a lot of anger... And I can see a lot of hate...“ He looked shortly to Legend, but then he held his hand to Legend and shouted: „AND EVERYTHING WANT'S TO COME OUT!

Legend began to cry, as if he would feel violent pain. He held his head and went down into the knees. He didn't stop to cry.

Lone Hero: „Legend! What's wrong with you?!“ VGP looked to Vagrant and asked rather relaxed: „What's the matter with him?“ Legend tried to say something: „GO..!! GO AWAY FROM HERE!! AHHHH!!!!“ Lone Hero: „What?“ Vagrant: „No, we will stay.

While Legend cried, his voice became deeper. His hair became brighter and something seemed to grow out of his back. The colors of his clothes changed as well, what probably was because of the strong aura around him. After a while he had dark wings on his back.

Legend didn't cry anymore - It seemed as if the pain was over. When Legend stood up, a black aura built slowly around him, and everyone felt his dark power. This, how one could see, was not anymore Legend everyone knew.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Pic45c

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 21: Step one, part two - The Dark Messiah

Post  Legend Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Chapter 21: Step one, part two - The Dark Messiah

No one trusted his eyes. Legend became a ferocious monster without any mercy - This was noticeable for everyone, by only his presence.

Legend still stood with his back against his friends. The mighty and mysterious man took his arm down: „The Dark Messiah... How I've assumed... This could get interesting for the future.

The mighty man shouted to Legend: „DARK MESSIAH!“ Legend looked with his red, glowing eyes up to him. The mighty man: „I'VE FREED YOU! ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM!“ Legend held his left arm in the mighty man's direction and shot a chi ball. The mighty man, however, was too good. He just turned aside, and the ball just missed him.

Legend lowered his arm again. The mighty man stood normal again and said to Legend: „I am not your enemy. But the people behind you... They want to cage you again within this body. If you want to keep your freedom, I suggest you to get rid of them.

Legend looked behind to the other vagabonds. His look was full of hate. He looked like a real, evil demon. Like a monster - Not the same anymore he was before.

The mighty man shouted again: „Well, do whatever you want. I got to go again.“ He turned a bit away, began to grin and said to Legend: „Well... If you don't want to get rid of them... You certainly can have a talk. Maybe you can find out if they are a danger to you or something. I'm sure you would like to have a little chat...“ Lone Hero looked to Vagrant and asked: „Uhm... Was that sarcasm..?

The mighty man jumped away and disappeared suddenly. Legend turned to the vagabonds behind him and held his arm against them. Lone Hero said immediately: „Legend, wait! Hey, we're your friends, aren't we? You don't really want to...“ Suddenly Legend shot a chi ball against Lone Hero. Lone Hero was hit and flew far backwards.

Lone Hero was still conscious, but couldn't move from the ground anymore. The others started to panic. Vagrant: „LEGEND! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!“ After this line, Legend held his arm against Vagrant, but then VGP spoke: „Legend, do you need affection, or what's the matter with you?

Legend looked a bit surprised to VGP. VGP: „Stop with that! Bad boy!“ Legend lowered his arm again, started to look more angry again and said: „You...!“ He walked to VGP, but she didn't move. When Legend stood in front of her and looked with his red eyes down to her, VGP grinned and asked: „What do you want to do now, hum?“ Legend looked even more angry, then VGP made a big mistake and said: „You smell.“ Suddenly Legend grabbed her neck and held her up.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 29w5y7n

Vagrant: „LEGEND! LET HER GO!“ Legend seemed to choke VGP - She couldn't breath anymore. With his deep voice, Legend said: „You were never good for him. Through your presence you always created a chaos in his head. Because of you he fought all the time with himself. Instead of taking things serious you rather prefered to play with him.“ VGP: „I... have never... played... with some...body..!

Vagrant came running and shouted: „LET HER GO, LEGEND!“ When Legend noticed Vagrant coming, he stuck his saber which he was holding with his right hand in the ground, held his right arm agains Vagrant and threw her with a chi wave backwards against a big rock. He lowered his arm, looked again at VGP and said: „You... have... to die!“ He squeezed her throat further, and VGP almost lost her consciousness.

Suddenly Legend was hit by a strong chi ball in his back which made him drop VGP. VGP fell on the ground and Legend looked back. When he looked back, he saw Ruye with a few other people. They were all friends of the vagabonds. Lone Hero's friend Piter was there, as well as Legend's friend Bellethielle.

Ruye: „Actually we came here to help you guys against your enemies, but it seems like you're fighting each other now a bit... That's interesting.“ Legend: „Do not interfere, you pathetic creatures!

Ruye looked at Vagrant and asked: „Vagrant, what happened with Legend?“ Vagrant was still laying on the ground and answered: „I... don't know...“ Legend: „Get lost, or I will kill you!

Ruye talked first with the other clan disciples, then he went to Legend. Standing some meters away from him, he said: „I would like to fight with you.“ In the meantime, the others went to Lone Hero, VGP and Vagrant and took them away.

Legend: „I WILL KILL YOU ALL!!!“ Ruye: „Calm down, my friend... Let's fight against each other.“ Legend went to Ruye. While walking he said „I... AM NOT...“, he clenched his fist, pulled his arm back, finished his line „YOUR FRIEND!“ and hit Ruye far away.

Ruye stood up immediately again, but saw Legend coming already: „Oh, shi..!“ He had to absorb blows again already.

Soon Ruye was laying on the ground: „What the hell got into you..?“ Ruye stood up again slowly. Legend wanted to attack Ruye again, but suddenly Legend was held by Vagrant from behind. Legend couldn't free himself, and Vagrant shouted loud: „RUYE, KILL HIM!“ Ruye answered surprised: „What?“ Vagrant: „WE DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE!“ Ruye: „No, I won't kill him!“ Vagrant: „JUST DO IT! YOU KNOW WE CAN'T DEFEAT HIM OTHERWISE! I WON'T BE ABLE TO HOLD HIM FOR LONG!“ Ruye: „Just hold for some seconds - I'll put him out of action!

Ruye stood with his legs apart in front of Legend and made some sign with his hands when he started to shout: „Rin!“ But then Legend freed himself, threw Vagrant far away and punched Ruye also away. All the other warriors came together and tried to hold Legend, but the most were thrown away as well. However, they kept trying to grab him.

Lone Hero, who was able to stand up again, was watching it from far away. He went to Vagrant who was thrown away by Legend. Vagrant said: „Hero... You can move again...“ Lone Hero: „Yes... Barely... Are you ok?“ Vagrant: „Hero, do you have your cudgel with you..?“ Lone Hero: „Yes, why?“ Vagrant: „Hit Legend's head with it as hard as you can... Make sure he doesn't see you coming... He has to be held up, even if it is only for a short while, so that the others can hold him...

Lone Hero looked to Legend and the clan disciples attacking him and being thrown away. He went to his cudgel which was laying somewhere on the ground, grabbed it and looked at Legend again. Then, he started to walk, then to run, faster and faster. He then jumped at Legend from behind and bashed his cudgel against the back of Legend's head. Legend fell to the ground, was on all fours, but didn't really bestir.

Ruye came immediately and started again what he has started before. He made some signs with his hands, on each word a new one, and shouted: „Rin! Kyo! Toh! Sha! Kai! Jin! Retsu! Zai! Zen!“ At the last word, he held his open hands in front of Legend's head. An energy seemed to come out of Ruye's hands, then Legend lost consciousness.

When Legend woke up again, he was already in Mount Yanmo in the clinic, laying in a bed, where Vagrant waited already and said „Finally you're awake.

Legend woke up from the trance again. The first thing he saw was the friendly face from his father. Legend noticed that he has cried during the trance, because he had tears on his face. He said to his father: „I'm so tired of all this...

He was shortly quiet, then he said: „I miss my mother...

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 22: Step Two - Cleansing of a Heart

Post  Legend Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:17 pm

Chapter 22: Step Two - Cleansing of a Heart

The Vagabond: „Come, sit up.“ Legend tried to sit up. He seemed to have lost a lot energy - He noticed how exhausted he was. His father took some water and food out of his bad and gave it to him: „Eat something, it will help you.

While Legend ate, The Vagabond asked: „Do you remember everything again?“ Legend: „Yes, I'm back...“ The Vagabond: „You know... While you were transformed that day, a young vagabond was down here.“ Legend: „A young vagabond?“ The Vagabond: „Yes. I was surprised, though. Even if he was young and still pretty weak, he was able to get here.“ Legend: „What did he want?“ The Vagabond: „He asked me if I know you. When I answered with yes he asked me if you became a devil. I assumed he meant your Inner Demon, so I affirmed his question. I explained him that I can sense my own blood, my family.“ Legend: „You can sense your own blood?“ The Vagabond: „Yes, you not?“ Legend: „Hm... I don't know... I don't think so.“ The Vagabond smiled and said: „You will learn it one day...

Legend: „What did this vagabond want exactly..?“ The Vagabond: „Well, no idea. When I've answered his question, he just said "ok". He didn't say anything more, so I told him to better get out of here, before he might get hurt. And then he went again.“ Legend: „That's all..?“ The Vagabond: „That's all.“ Legend: „Weird guy...

As soon Legend finished to eat, he should continue. He had to lay on the ground again and close his eyes. Shortly after, his father put him again in a trance, rather a sleep. He put his hands on Legend's chest, and blue chi seemed to surround Legend's body.

Within Legend was a big chaos. He was scared... He felt courage... Hope... Hopelessness... Love... Hate... Happiness... Anger... He felt many feelings, many which are not describable with words. The fear, however, was very strong. He felt often that it was going too fast. He needed time to sort these feelings - But he had to continue.

Many new feelings arrived when his father started to clean Legend's heart of hate and anger. Legend wasn't able to get along with many of them, and the feelings which he wasn't able to get along with, stayed. More and more feelings came together which he had to care about. Legend had to understand them. He had to sort them. Almost all feelings released other feelings. This all was very hard to control and to keep the overview.

Legend got many doubts and questions... Where was his mother? Would he accomplish his clanless path? What would happen with the Vagabond Army? What would happen with Vagrant, Lone Hero and the others? When would there be better times in the lands? Would he find Iron Fist? Would Iron Fist be able to answer his questions? What is Legend here for? Wouldn't it be easier to not be here? Why fighting? Why stand for the good? Why smooth down differences? Why wanting to end the conflicts between white and black clans?

Questions over questions which didn't have answers. Questions over questions which probably were only illusions - A freak of nature. A mere waste of time, that a little bug like him asked himself such questions. What are the humans? Something better than animals or insects? No... He knew, the universe is big... There are many suns... Many planets... Many stars... And there, where the universe is over, it's probably just black. But the universe isn't over there. Full of dark matter, new big bangs would happen. New existance start to exist, and new life start to live. How can mankind claim to be something great, although it's only a tiny little thing in such a big place? He knew, mankind isn't special, but every action of every creature is. Every action causes a reaction. Every bad thing got a counterpart of good thing, and vise-versa.

Thinking about it, he noticed that it is a miracle, that something like us can exist. How some sort of love between two people can beget a new life with an own soul. How can a human body work? It isn't a machine. It doesn't have an engine. It doesn't need electricity. The human body is like a machine, just much more complex. It just works. Without reason. A human body can bear the strongest blows and suffer the worst wounds. And yet the body knows how to keep working.

Every body has a soul. But what is a soul? Does it define the character of a human? Can it help us to control our chi? Or our feelings, our emotions? And where does chi come from? How can it be that something just works, without to know the reason for it? Does it work because it has to? Is our life predetermined? Does everything happen like it has to? If yes, why do we live then anyway, if everything is preprogrammed? Are we prisoners of the so-called destiny?

Can one reach a goal if one can't see the point in it? No. Legend knew, one's goal can never be fully achieved, if one doesn't know the point in it. But what is the point? If one arose from the love of one's parents for example, does it also mean that one can give love? If one lost many things in one's life which gave one the meaning of life, can one find a new meaning?

All these thoughts and feelings Legend had just in the first five minutes. But they were nothing compared to the feelings and thoughts he had in the following weeks. The real chaos should just come yet...

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 23: Step Three - Talk with The Vagabond

Post  Legend Wed May 04, 2011 2:15 pm

Chapter 23: Step Three - Talk with The Vagabond

Eight weeks have passed since Legend was in The Cave. Since eight weeks he was working with his father, on a mental level, to lose the hate and anger in his heart. He did, of course, come from time to time out of the trance to eat, drink, and other things. But now, they have finished at last.

They sat both on the ground. They began to talk together, and soon Legend had a long talk with his father. They talked about the future of the noble vagabonds. About the future of the Land. Legend asked The Vagabond once again if he could teach him better techniques, but The Vagabond was not able to. He said, the right time will come. But what he told him about the future of The Land - It made Legend worry...

The Vagabond told Legend what happened in the last battle of the war of the nine Dragons. On the last battle, when the nine Dragons were all in the Bloody Plain, The Vagabond drew a large circle in the dirt with his carved stylus. Legend's father's words to the Dragons were: „This marks the dueling ground. None shall leave until one is declared The Ultimate Dragon. So be it.

Legend knew already, there were more than one survivor of the war. He always wondered why - It didn't made any sense to him. But then, Legend did understand. His father told him the same, like The Immoral Monk, the Dragon of the Shaolin, did to his clan.

When The Immoral Monk returned to his clan from the war, he told to his clan, the war is not over. He predicted the continuance of the war of the nine Dragons. And then he killed himself. But The Vagabond told Legend more than that. He said, the path of the clanless warriors will be also important. He said, Vagabonds will end the war, how he did once.

He predicted, there will come a better future for the Vagabonds, in not so long time. He talked about new Kung Fu which just the clanless warriors can get. The Vagabond told his son about something like a Dragon of the Vagabonds. Not a real Dragon, since Vagabonds are clanless - But somebody who got a similar strength like the Dragons of each clan. The highest and most noble Vagabond in The Land. The One who wants peace and balance. He, so The Vagabond explained, will be able to direct the other Vagabonds in the Land and will lead them into a new age for the clanless.

So this was the reason why there is still no Ultimate Dragon.“ Legend thought. „Things came different than they should have... Since all the old Dragons are dead or disappeared, this must happen when each clan got a new Dragon.

Legend had his thoughts. However, no matter how long he thought about other things, one question remained... What will happen when the Land got new Dragons?

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legendary Thu May 05, 2011 7:11 pm

Aren't you getting tired to rewrite these chapters? o_O

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
:twisted:
Legendary
Legendary

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty Re: The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond

Post  Legend Thu May 05, 2011 8:34 pm

Legendary wrote:Aren't you getting tired to rewrite these chapters? o_O
Yes and no. Sometimes it's tiring to write everything all over again, but then again it's a much better work than before with the bad telling style and the bad english. Also, it gives me the opportunity to add some little things.

I'm soon done anyway :)

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 24: Start in a new Life

Post  Legend Wed May 11, 2011 4:42 am

Chapter 24: Start in a new Life

After eight weeks, when they were finished, Legend went back up. He looked after his friends to apologize. He had his memories back, and his hate was removed from his heart. But before he left his father, he said: „You may not feel the hate within you anymore, but be aware that it is still inside you. You have to start to work with it. When you learn to control it, you will have a mighty strength and never again any trouble with your hate. You have to learn to control it and to use it at the right situations.

Legend indeed wanted to start to control his feelings. That's why he didn't want any feelings of guilt and wanted to apologize to his friends for what he has done. However, he was not able to find any of them anymore. Vagrant - Disappeared. VGP - Disappeared. Lone-Hero - Disappeared as well. Also many of the higher vagabonds were not to be found. Only a few of the younger vagabonds from his guild were still in the Land, and of course the new members.

So Legend was once again alone with his Vagabond Army. But this time he didn't have to leave it because of his emotions. However; If somebody knew what happened, then it was Ruye.

Legend looked after him in Hefei, but the people there haven't seen him since days. And so, Legend went to Mount Yanmo. When he stood in front of the gate to the clan base, a guard talked with him: „I know you. Aren't you the vagabond who's affiliated with our clan? If you want to go inside, feel free. I won't stop you.“ Legend: „Well... I would prefer if you would call Ruye. He is here, right?“ Guard: „Yes, he's here since a few days. The high priest said, you could enter the clan base at any time.“ Legend: „I don't want to appear impolite... Please, could you just call him?“ Guard: „Well, all right. Just one moment...

Legend waited some minutes at the other guard, then Ruye came. When he opened the gate and saw Legend, he was wide-eyed: „Legend?!“ Legend: „Hello Ruye.“ Ruye: „Where have you been the last eight weeks? Nobody knew where you are.“ Legend: „I got the same problem right now. You're the first person I know and meet again. Do you know where my friends are?“ Ruye: „It seems like we have a lot to talk about. Please, come in.“ Legend: „I don't know if it's alright...“ Ruye: „Hm... Do you got your memories back?“ Legend: „Yes, how...“ Ruye: „All right. But then you should know that you can come in at any time since you've resurrected me.“ Legend: „Yes I know, but I would prefer anyway to...“ Ruye interrupted him with a lightly hysterical undertone and said: „Just come in...

They went to the high priest - There they were alone. Ruye: „Where have you been the last eight weeks?“ Legend: „I was in The Cave at my father.“ Ruye: „How you talk, how you move, shows me that you know again who you are. How could you get all your memories back? Is this the reason why you were eight weeks at your father's place?“ Legend: „Well, after the first day in The Cave I had my memories back again. The rest of the eight weeks I was down there to solve the problem with the hate and the anger. I wanted to apologize for what I've done...“ Ruye: „You really got all your memories back. Do you still know how you looked like?“ Legend: „Yes, I do.“ Ruye: „What exactly do you know of it?“ Legend: „What do you mean?“ Ruye: „Do you know what it was, what controled your body?“ Legend didn't know exactly what Ruye meant. He answered insecure: „Just my hate.“ Ruye smiled and said: „Yes, that must be it. How did you solve it?“ Legend: „Well, I didn't really do a lot. My father cleaned my heart.“ Ruye: „Cleaned? What do you mean with cleaned? Is it gone?“ Legend: „Well, I don't understand it fully either. Somehow yes, but my father said I have to start to control it.“ Ruye: „Ah, that makes sense.

Legend: „So what is with my friends? Do you know where they are?“ Ruye: „Well, when you disappeared, nobody knew where you are. They looked after you for a while. I think it would have been better if you would have told them before you would go.“ Legend: „My father said it would be the best if nobody would know about it. Even if I think that nobody's after me.“ Ruye: „Hm... No, your father was right...“ Legend: „What do you mean?“ Ruye: „Better safe than sorry.“ Legend: „Hm... Yes, probably...“ Ruye: „Well, sadly I don't know where your friends are.“ Legend: „What? I thought you knew it?!“ Ruye: „I've never said so. Some time after you disappeard, some others disappeared as well. Day after day more vagabonds were gone. I thought already it was some conspiracy against the Vagabond Army, that's why I was the last few days here, to take a look into it. But it rather seems like everyone has just left.

Legend thought a while about it, then he said: „It won't help to look after them... I will just keep to train. Hm... It just crosses my mind that you're good with informations...“ Ruye: „What do you want to know?“ Legend: „Do you know by any chance where I can find Iron Fist?“ Ruye: „Iron Fist? What for? What do you want from him?“ Legend: „I've learned some things from my birth. It seems like he was there as well. I have to ask him some things.“ Ruye: „You... You know who was present at your birth..?“ Legend: „Yes, more or less.“ Ruye: „Who... Who was present..? Maybe somebody... somebody you know..?“ Legend: „Yes, Iron Fist, I just told you.“ Ruye: „Ah, I see... All right. Well, I can only give you rumors about Iron Fist.“ Legend: „What rumors?“ Ruye: „They say, Iron Fist was last seen in Tibet.“ Legend: „Tibet? How do I get there?“ Ruye: „You would need to cross the North Sea.“ Legend: „WHAT?!

Damn it...“ Legend thought to himself, „I have to become stronger to learn more about myself, otherwise I couldn't even survive in the North Sea long enough, let alone Tibet. I guess, to find Iron Fist has to wait a bit longer.“. As long as he was not strong enough for the North Sea and Tibet, it was just nonsense to try to get there. He had to become stronger first. But as long as he was not strong enough for Tibet yet, he had to find somebody else. Another person his father told him about...

The Vagabond: „If you want to know more about the future of the land and the vagabonds, then I can't help you more. But there's somebody who could maybe tell you more. However, you would need to look after him, because I've no idea where he is.“ Legend: „Sounds good. I'm just looking after people anyway... How's his name?“ The Vagabond: „The whole land knows him only as The Hermit. Maybe he can give you some answers. As far as I know he got some trouble at the moment with many issues of the land, but I'm sure he could even need your help. Just tell him that you're my son and that I've sent you - He will test you.“ Legend: „He could need my help? At what?“ The Vagabond: „The land is falling apart. There are many issues which a few people try to solve. The Hermit is one of them. Your abilities would help the land for sure, but none of them will accept your help. If someone would do it, then it would be The Hermit. He is one of the last few people who are still respected in the whole land.“ Legend: „I see... I think, I know who he is. I will look after him.

The Vagabond: „Be aware of one thing: He is hard but fair. The Hermit is a very wise man, if not even the wisest in the land. Meet him with respect.“ Legend: „Yes, father. I will.

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 25: Unknown Letters

Post  Legend Sat May 21, 2011 6:53 pm

Chapter 25: Unknown Letters

A few months have passed since Legend was traveling the Land with new goals. His friends have not returned yet.

In the meantime, the so-called Vagabond Sword took his place as the strongest vagabond in the Land. In the eyes of Legend this was a big disrespect for Vagrant, who was the first true vagabond in the Land after The Vagabond himself. When the clans opened their gates again, 20 years after the war of the nine dragons, Vagrant was one of the firsts if not even the first warrior ever who just wanted to follow the clanless path. Legend did not understand Vagabond Sword - He would have asked Vagrant at least for his blessing. „Show respect and you will earn respect - That's the teachings of The Vagabond.“ Legend thought to himself. „I thought all Vagabonds in the Land would follow his wisdom and guideance... I can't understand Vagabond Sword, especially because they both are Vagabonds. In the Land, where only few have respect for each other and the most only care to defeat the opponent clans, at least the neutral Vagabonds should help each other. On such a hard path like the clanless one, why can't Vagabond fellows respect each other? Why do they have to be better than everyone else instead of helping each other like brothers? The newer generation does not follow the examples of the old ones...“ Legend wished, Vagrant would be still in the Land and that there would be more Vagabonds like her, who show the younger generation how to behave.

One day, Legend was still training in Liaodong, he heard some people talking about The Hermit. Without to catch their attention, Legend listened to their conversation. It seemed like one of them saw The Hermit in the North Sea, not so long ago. When Legend wanted to go already to the North Sea, their conversation catched Legend's attention once again. They talked about a person called The Dark Hermit who is, according to rumor, the counterpart of the wise Hermit. However; Like every other hear-and-tell conversation it was uncertain what was really the truth. After listening a bit to the conversation, Legend began to run to the North Sea.

When Legend arrived in the North Sea, he got trouble with the creatures there - They were very strong. In an abandoned village he found some peace. Short time later, he saw somebody walking by. Legend knew, he would probably not be able to find The Hermit by his own as long as he was too weak for the creatures, therefore he had to ask the people around. Legend went to the person in the near and asked: „Hey, do you know by any chance The Hermit?“ He replied: „Why?“ Legend explained: „Some people say, they saw him here somewhere, not so long ago. I'm looking for him.“ He asked: „What do you want from him?“ Legend: „That's none of your business.“ The man replied: „Stay calm, young vagabond. I am The Hermit.

Legend asked surprised „You are The Hermit?!“ and thought a bit irritated to himself „Did he just call me young vagabond..?“. The Hermit: „Yes, I am The Hermit.“ Legend: „You seem to know me.“ The Hermit: „How could I not? I was the first Vagabond in the Land, after your father of course. I was his first disciple.“ Legend: „You... You were what..?“ The Hermit: „Yes, I was the first disciple of your father. Didn't he tell you that?“ Legend: „You're kidding me, right?“ The Hermit: „Not at all. Why were you looking for me?

Legend did not know exactly how to react. After such a long time asking his father for better Kung Fu and being refused as disciple, he knew now that The Vagabond indeed had a disciple already - And it was not even the wise person he expected to meet. He had different feelings, so he just tried to say what he wanted to say the whole time: „I am Legend, a proud, clanless vagabond and son of The Nameless One, also known in the Land as The Vagabond. After the war of the nine dragons, people told me that my parents died. Three years ago I've started my own journey in the Land and searched my father. Two years later I've finally found him, deep in The Cave of The Conqueror. Since more than a year I visit him from time to time, and we often have a long and deep conversations. But he wasn't able to answer my questions about the future of the vagabonds, so he sent me to you. He also said, you could need my help.

The Hermit didn't say anything and just looked at Legend, so Legend kept talking: “All those masters of the clans do not want to help the vagabonds. They say, they will not allow clanless warriors to learn better techniques. I can assure you, every true Vagabond does not want much. Just... You see, the path of a vagabond is very harsh. And especially when they arrive the North Sea they will have an insane hard path. Some of the clan masters say, there's no need to help vagabonds because they are only few, but I can assure and prove you that there are many. Maybe you've heard already about them, but there's a guild of Vagabonds which call themselves Vagabond Army - But they can't even be an official Hero League. So maybe, wise Hermit, you may be able to tell me, and with me the whole Vagabond Army, if we really will get a better future for Vagabonds. And maybe you can even tell us some more informations...“ The Hermit looked at Legend, thought shortly and said then: „Hm... Some people say you're a mystery. Why?“ Legend: „Uhm... Well, I don't know. I've never thought about that.“ The Hermit: „Well, anyway; It has been communicated by those on high that there will be a better future for the clanless warriors; However, with the amount of pressing issues at hand in the Land, I know not when this shall occur. Feel free to stay in touch with me regarding this issue, and if there is nothing soon forthcoming, I shall do what I can to assist your proud Vagabonds.

Legend was glad about the answer - Just like always when he hears about a better future for the Vagabonds. He answered: „Thank you very much for this information and for the possibility to stay in touch with you. I'm aware about the amount of pressing issues in the Land, and I hope you will make it better. The Land really needs better times... However, Vagabonds got a lot of patience, so we don't need more possibilities soon. Maybe you can tell me some informations about what will be awaiting us..?“ The Hermit: „The Hermit is also seeking ways to assist the noble Vagabonds.

Suddenly, it looked like he didn't want to tell him anything. Legend thought to himself: „If he doesn't want to say anything, then so be it. It also won't make it better if I keep asking like a little kid who wants to know what his present is.“ And so Legend didn't keep asking and said: „I thank you, wise Hermit. Your words will help me and other Vagabonds to keep our ways.

Legend thought a bit before offering The Hermit his help. He wasn't sure if he really should do it, but then he offered his help anyway, because he knew The Hermit could just reject his help, if he wouldn't want it: „You were traveling the Land already four years ago, no?“ The Hermit: „This is correct. I left the Land one year later and have returned this year again.“ Legend started to explain: „Yes, I've heard so. Well... When you've returned into the Land, many warriors who traveled the Land already back then remembered you, and so did I. I've put all my hope into you. My last hope for the Land... These are indeed bad times for the Land right now... I don't know if you will bring that into the Land what many people seek and deserve. However; I would like to offer you my help. I don't know how I could help you, but I would like to help however I can - Maybe with some advices or another opinion. I could tell you for example what the poeple don't like exactly, or what they really want. I saw many people who tried to make things better, but they were ignored, sometimes even disliked by the highest. I think, you still got a big passion for the Land, even if you do it all without to get paid. And that's the reason why I want to offer you my help. Not for the highest. Just for the Land, and because I still got a big respect for you from the time four years ago. I can just say, how it is right now in the Land, this will not have a big future. Many warriors have left the Land already. I can tell you everything you want and explain it to you. So, please, if I can help you somehow, feel free to ask me.“ The Hermit: „What a noble gesture, and thank you for the praise, mysterious Vagabond.“ Just at this moment Legend thought to himself „God damn, why can't he call me Legend like everyone else?!“ but he kept listening further to The Hermit: „I shall indeed consult you, as soon as I am back up to speed... I am also going to re-establish better times for the Land. I am gearing up to really make the Land special again. New times are on the way and I will be personally overseeing the Land.“ Legend: „Thank you very much, wise Hermit. And thank you for your time. I will no longer waste your time now. May you bring the peace and happiness over the Land which all need and are waiting for.“ The Hermit: „May the seeds of The Vagabond within you thrive.“ Legend bowed and went back to Liaodong. While he was running back, he thought to himself: „That was better than I've expected.

When Legend arrived Liaodong again, some people talked with him. It seemed like some people were looking after him. Legend was hoping it would be one of his friends. The people in Liaodong told him that there were people in Hefei looking for him, and so he went there.

When Legend arrived Hefei, he found out that it weren't his friends who weren't seen since a long time. It were strangers who heard about Legend. When they saw and recognized Legend, they talked to him, and one of them said: „You are Legend the Vagabond, are you not?“ Legend: „Yes.“ Stranger: „I've found today in the morning in the Bloody Plain something in one of the destroyed stone statues. It is a letter. It was sealed and has your name on it, but nobody was able to read it.“ Legend: „You opened the seal and wanted to read my letter..?“ Stranger: „It wasn't me who broke the seal, and I wasn't the only one who wanted to read it...“ Legend: „Of course... And where is this letter now?“ Stranger: „Well, I guess a few people in the Bloody Plain are still trying to read the letter. I didn't want to take the letter, but thought you should know about it.“ Legend: „Thanks a lot for this information. I will go take a look there.

While Legend was walking to the Bloody Plain, he thought to himself: „That's so typically... Opening and reading letters from other people... At least they informed me about it.

When he arrived in the Bloody Plain, he didn't have to search long. A few people went to him and told him about a few people next to the entrance of The Cave of The Conqueror who would be trying to read a letter which should be for him. Legend said thanks and walked to the entrance of The Cave. He indeed saw a few people there, and they also saw Legend coming from far away. They went to him, gave him the scroll and asked him what language it is.

Legend took a look and saw indeed the words "Vagabond Legend" on it, next to the broken seal. He then opened the scroll and wanted to read it, but couldn't understand a thing as well.

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 T65hm0
Secret Links are Secret!

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 26: New Friendships, new Challenges

Post  Legend Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm

Chapter 26: New Friendships, new Challenges

After a while of watching at the letter, Legend gave up. He has never heard of such a language, and neither knew of a person who could know it.

He put the scroll in his bag and wanted to go back to Hefei. After a few steps he heard a female voice: „Hey, wait!“ Legend looked back and saw a Sacred Flower running to him. When she arrived she stopped in front of him and asked: „Are you Legend, the Vagabond?“ Legend was wondering and answered: „Yes, I am.“ She: „Wow! I always wanted to meet you sometime!“ Legend was startled when she said that and asked: „Oh... really...?“ She: „I've heard already a lot about you!“ Legend: „Uhm... Only good things, I hope...“ She: „Of course! I'm Setsuna, by the way.“ Legend: „Nice... to meet you...“ Setsuna: „I want to ask you so much! Is it true that you are the son of The Vagabond?“ Legend: „I... yes...“ Setsuna: „Wow, you're a living legend! I guess that's why people call you like that!“ Legend: „I... don't know...

Legend didn't know how to answer. He never met a woman who was taken by him. Furthermore, it was a beautiful woman. This situation confused Legend, but she didn't seem to notice it. She kept asking, and after a while Legend was able to answer normal. A few minutes later they said good bye. She seemed to be in a hurry. „She's friendly.“ Legend thought smiling to himself. But that wasn't the only thing. Her smell was very attracting to Legend.

A few days later, Legend bought some new, good equipment in Hefei and wanted to test it out, so he went to the North Sea. He tested a few creatures, and it indeed seemed to be easier for him to fight there. He wanted to test his new equipment at even stronger creatures and started to run. He ran and ran, until he saw some monkey creatures. Legend wanted to fight against them, but this was a big mistake. They came running and attacked Legend. He was able to hold a short while and to parry the one or another hit, but not for long. One of the monkey hit him so far backwards, that he almost felt down the canyon. He was able to hold himself with his left hand at the edge of where he was standing before. Legend was already pretty wounded. He hang there a short while, but soon his last strength left him. He wasn't able to get back up nor to keep holding and let go. But when he let go, somebody held his hand. When he looked up Legend saw a female person, but she wore a mask. She pulled him up and ran away.

Legend looked around and saw all monkeys around dead on the ground. He thought to himself: „Did she kill all the creatures here? Why did she help me? And was that the smell of...?“ Legend thought a bit about it, but then he came up with something more important: „I have to arrive at least Xuexia Village. In my condition I won't survive for long, if I get into a fight...“ He stood up and walked to Xuexia Village. He tried to walk where other warriors or no creatures were, so that he could arrive Xuexia Village alive.

While Legend walked, he thought about the situation before: „This woman was wearing short clothes, what's common for Sacred Flower members. Furthermore, I could swear she had the same or a similar smell like Setsuna had. Then again... The smell was sadly not very intense, so I can't say for sure if it was the same smell.“ When he arrived Xuexia Village Legend went to the clinic to get treated by the doctor.

A few days later Legend went back to Hefei. There he met Ruye who was looking after him already: „Where have you been the last few days?“ Legend: „In North Sea. Don't ask...“ Ruye: „I got a message for you. This message is related to The Hermit.“ Legend: „What are you saying?!“ Ruye: „A guard of our clan gave it to me a few days ago. He said it was a message for me and you, but I believe it is rather for you.“ He gave him a piece of paper and Legend read: „Hefei, Sunday, Sparring Area of Guilds, 07:30 PM - Lone Hero

Legend: „This is a message from Lone Hero! He's back?!“ Ruye: „Yes, you will meet him there.“ Legend looked at the paper again and said: „Hm... Sunday... That's tomorrow. What will there be then? Will you come as well?“ Ruye: „No. I listened around. It seems to be a secret meeting of vagabonds. Take ten gold pieces with you.“ Legend: „Looks like it's not that secret after all... Furthermore, who would hold a secret meeting among clanless warriors? If it would be anyone from the Vagabond Army, I would know it. And if it would be my father, he would have told me.“ Ruye: „That's why I said this message is related to The Hermit. He's the person responsible for this meeting.“ Legend: „What? The Hermit? Why should he hold a meeting among vagabonds? He was never like that.“ Ruye: „Well, I don't know if my informations are true or false... But as far as I know, The Hermit wants to give the vagabonds some informations. About the future of the vagabonds.“ Legend: „What?!“ Ruye: „Not only that. As far as I know, they want to test the vagabonds who will be there.

Legend couldn't believe what he just heard. It seemed as had the time arrived at last, the time where they could finally show what they can and how worthy they are. Their time, where they could finally show how strong they really are.

So? They want to test our strength?“ Legend said grinning to himself, „Then let's show them who we are!

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 27: The Future of the Vagabonds

Post  Legend Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Chapter 27: The Future of the Vagabonds

It was sunday. Legend waited the last three years for this one day. He waited the whole day around in Hefei. Two hours before the meeting of the vagabonds, Legend went to the Sparring Area of Guilds and waited there standing. Approx. a half hour later the first other vagabond arrived. They greeted each other and started to talk together. Short time later, more vagabonds arrived.

After some time, one of them said: „The meeting will be in 20 minutes.“ Legend corrected him: „Wrong... The meeting will be in one hour and 20 minutes.“ The young vagabond retorted: „No, it's in 20 minutes. I got the right time.“ After some tries to convince him that it will take one hour more, Legend gave up and said: „Ok, we will see.“ The other vagabond responded: „Yes, we will.

30 minutes later, a strong warrior called Manic arrived. It seemed this was one of The Hermit's people. She explained that the meeting would start soon. The other vagabond asked Legend: „Hey Legend, who was right?“ Legend looked to Manic and asked: „Manic, will the meeting be in 50 minutes?“ Manic replied: „According to my watch, yes.“ Legend looked back to the young vagabond, started to grin and asked: „Hey, young vagabond, tell me again who was right.“ The other vagabond did not respond anymore.

More vagabonds arrived. Legend was surprised. He did not expect the Land to have so many clanless warriors. 40 minutes later, a man called Ravenclaw appeared. He seemed to be one of The Hermit's people as well and even above Manic. He explained them that the meeting would start soon and that they would answer their questions.

10 minutes later, Lone Hero arrived at last. Legend was glad to see him again after such a long time. They greeted each other and talked shortly together. But then, Ravenclaw started to talk: „Ok, everyone please follow me into the Sparring Area.“ They walked inside and waited there - In the meantime, Legend looked around. The most vagabonds were still weak, and it seemed that Legend was one of the strongest. Only one person was stronger: Vagabond Sword. Some minutes later, at last, he finally arrived: The Hermit.

The Hermit walked to them, and the people started to talk across each other. When The Hermit looked at Legend, Legend nodded lightly. The people kept talking, but then The Hermit spoke: „Please, stop to talk.“ One after another stopped, and soon it was quiet. The Hermit sat on the ground and said: „Please, everyone sit in front of me.“ They all sat down. Although Legend prefered to stand, he sat down as well, and even Ravenclaw sat next to The Hermit.

And so, The Hermit began to talk: „I am happy to meet all of you. You may ask questions after I finish. First, let me say this is an honor. After The Vagabond himself, I was the first vagabond in the Land. I chose this so I could enter all places. All of you chose this path on your own, it was not expected. But I now honor it. And we will begin to assist your path. The reason you have 10 gold coins, is to honor the 9 lost dragons, and include our tenth. You know his name. He is The Man In The Straw Hat.“ Just at this moment Legend thought to himself: „YES!! I KNEW IT! THE 10TH DRAGON!“ And Lone Hero said quietly to Legend: „Legend, I don't have 10 Lucky Golden Coins...“ Legend responded him, quietly as well: „Not Lucky Golden Coins. Just 10 gold pieces.“ Lone Hero: „Oh okay.

The Hermit spoke further: „The number 10 shall now be holy to Vagabonds. It is your secret handshake. It is your livelihood. In the future, I shall attempt, that The Vagabond is in the cave, present you with special techniques. We are working on this for you. They will be techniques just for the clanless warriors, to increase your abilities.“ Legend thought to himself: „YES! FOR THE CLANLESS ONLY!“ And Lone Hero shouted loud: „Hurraaaay! Yay Hermit!“ Some responded immediately: „Shhhh!

The Hermit continued: „For today, Ravenclaw shall be taking you on a dangerous test. You will be transported to the secret floor of the Cave of the Conqueror. And Ravenclaw shall test you with many damned souls.“ Legend was very excited that they could prove their strength at last and thought to himself: „YES BABY! YES!!!“ Lone Hero said quietly to Legend „Uh-Oh... I will need your help...“ Another vagabond asked loud: „We must to have some COINS???“ After this question, the Vagabond Hunyo just gave her some money, so that she was able to participate as well.

The Hermit: „This will give many of you a chance to get a new title in the Land. This is just for you.“ Legend thought to himself: „Ok, this will not be easy... We should work together, if we want to pass this test with the best possible results.

Legend started to talk with some people: „What do you think about working together?“ Lone Hero: „Of course.“ Vagabond Sword: „Well, I can't hit most of Liaodong's and lower damned souls. They are too weak for me. This would only harm me.“ Lone Hero: „But I can. Well, not all of them... Some are too strong...“ Legend: „I can some who aren't too weak as well.“ The Hermit: „I will give you a chance to ask me questions. When a question is asked, everyone else wait until the question is answered before asking another. After that, Ravenclaw will take you althogether to The Cave. Ask The Hermit now.

Some people asked, what kind of techniques they would be able to learn in the future, but The Hermit did not give a real answer to this. However; Legend had a different question... When he had the chance, Legend asked The Hermit: „When will we be able to form an official Hero Band?“ The Hermit replied: „First the questions about the techniques.“ Legend looked confused to Lone Hero. This was not the kind of response Legend expected. Legend waited until the questions about the techniques were over to ask once again, but then it was suddenly already over. The Hermit: „I leave you to your test. I expect to hear new titles of many of you! Help each other!“ Legend was confused once again, however, he tried to make the best out of it - After all, the Vagabonds were finally able to show what they can do.

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 28: The Test of the Vagabonds

Post  Legend Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:11 pm

Chapter 28: The Test of the Vagabonds

The vagabonds walked after Ravenclaw who led them to the secret floor of the cave. While they were walking, clan disciples who saw the many vagabonds gazed after them. When they arrived, they talked together. Lone Hero: „Dude, if they summon True General Wei...

True General Wei was a very strong damned soul... Probably the strongest damned soul of the entire land. There were many rumors and tales about him. Every person who was able to kill him once was known in the Land for doing so. Legend never forgot what he swore over one year ago... He wanted to be the first vagabond ever to kill True General Wei. It was one of his biggest goals. He knew he could do it, but he also knew Vagabond Sword wouldn't offer him this chance. Legend just stayed modest and said to the others: „Just help each other to keep us alive.

And then... it began! Ravenclaw started to summon the first damned souls, and he kept summoning more and stronger ones.

Savage Hands, Flaming Bull, Knife of White Shadow, Si Mazhao the Blue Face Demon, Shen Mo, Emperor Zhurong, Golden Touch, and many, many more. Legend looked around all the time and watched over the vagabonds, in case he would need to take someone out of coma. Luckily for them, the vagabond Hunyo was there as well - He was the only one who was able to attack Shen Mo. Everybody else was either too strong or too weak. Legend was confident that together they would be able to manage it. Legend kept saying to everyone „Be careful“ and „Help each other“ all the time.

It was incredible as Legend suddenly noticed how good he and Vagabond Sword worked together. Together they defeated the strongest damned souls. But then, when they almost had everyone defeated, everything began to shake. Suddenly, the big and mighty True General Wei stood in front of them. Legend knew, Vagabond Sword wouldn't leave the kill to Legend. After a short thought he decided to assist Vagabond Sword - To see another clanless warrior becoming the first vagabond ever known as Killer of True General Wei was still better than no vagabond achieving this big step. Legend looked at the other vagabonds and shouted immediately: „Everyone, go back!“ While shouting to the other vagabonds, True General Wei struck out with his big and heavy weapon, and before Legend realized it, he was thrown far backwards by True General Wei.

Every vagabond went back, away from True General Wei. Legend and Vagabond Sword were the only ones who were able to inflict any damage to the True General Wei. Legend was able to endure his attacks, but the worst was the bleeding General Wei's attacks caused. Even Vagabond Sword, who was stronger than Legend, said: „The really dangerous thing is the bleeding he causes.

With the best ambrosias they carried with them, they tried to win this hard fight. During this battle, Legend realized that he has never had such a hard fight before. Legend wished he'd knew about it before, so he could have take very strong and rare ambrosia which he had stored in the storage with him. In the meantime, the other vagabonds had the few damned souls, who were left, defeated. They stood far away and watched Legend and Vagabond Sword, since they were not able to help at all.

Over two hours the fight against the True General Wei was going on already. Manic went to both of them and asked: „Shall we help you?“ Legend didn't know what to answer and looked at Manic with a facial expression which can be described with „What the fuck“. But Vagabond Sword answered: „Yes, I can't fight for much longer against him!“ Manic: „Ok, I'll ask...

A few minutes later she came back: „Ok, I'm allowed to help. Another person is coming to help as well.“ This situation was weird to Legend - Ravenclaw was still there, standing around, so why did he not help them and let Manic and somebody else do so instead?

A short time later, another strong warrior arrived and helped Legend and Vagabond Sword as well. When General Wei became weaker and was almost defeated, Manic and her friend stopped again, and Manic said to both vagabonds: „You have to do the rest by yourself.“ Legend and Vagabond Sword gave their best. They needed some time; But then, at last, the True General Wei felt down to the ground.

When they finally defeated the True General Wei, Legend felt relieved. They managed to do what no other vagabonds did before them. Vagabond Sword was known from this day on as Killer of True General Wei - Legend, however, was not. Legend was excited that they've passed this test, and especially to see the first vagabond known as Killer of True General Wei. But at the same time he was also very disappointed. It was like a hard punch in his face - He was not able to become the first vagabond ever known as Killer of True General Wei, but at least he was part of it, and he knew that Vagabond Sword would have never become so without his help.

The vagabonds started to celebrate their success. Legend stayed there for a while, since he didn't want to be a bad loser. After all, he was really happy for Vagabond Sword. When some of the vagabonds started to leave, Legend left as well. He said to Vagabond Sword: „Congratulations again, Sword. Our teamwork was awesome.“ Vagabond Sword replied: „Thank you very much for your help.

Legend went back to Hefei. He went to the Tomb of Lord Bao and sat there to reflect over what happened and to think about it. Not so long time after, Lone Hero came to him. Legend smiled both happy and sad and said: „Was a great experience, hum?“ Lone Hero replied: „It sure was. But I know how important it was to you to be the first vagabond ever to defeat True General Wei.“ Legend was shortly quiet, then he said: „Well... I failed... After such a long time my chance was finally there, but I failed...“ Lone Hero: „No, you did not fail! We finally did it, we will get a better future for us vagabonds!“ Legend: „Yes... I'm very happy about that, of course. But still... I had the goal of becoming the first vagabond ever with this title for over one year. I had enough time to prepare myself for this task. But I couldn't do it... That's a really hard punch into my face... Maybe I wasn't destined to achieve much as a vagabond... I don't know... You know, I think I've expected to get the title as well... I mean, that was a really good teamwork! Just me and Sword, we made it together!“ Lone Hero: „Yes, it would have been fair if you would have get the title as well...“ Legend: „I failed and couldn't achieve my goal... Maybe it's time to give up... If I can't defeat True General Wei, how shall I find my mother, then..?“ Lone Hero: „If Sword wouldn't be there, you would have get the title...“ Legend: „I don't know... Not without help... I believe, I know what I have to do...“ Lone Hero: „What's that?“ Legend: „I failed the opportunity of becoming the first vagabond known as Killer of True General Wei... So I have to become the first vagabond with the title of a Rising Dragon. If I fail at this task as well, then I've failed twice. Then I would give up, I think...

You want to get the title of a Rising Dragon?“ Lone Hero asked. He began to grin and said: „I believe, I can help you with that.

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 29: A dying Legend

Post  Legend Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:02 pm

Chapter 29: A dying Legend

A few months have passed since the test of the vagabonds. Legend was not the same anymore. He has lost his passion and motivation to keep fighting. All he wanted to get for the clanless was a better future, what he obviously was able to get. He did not see any more reason to keep up his fight.

Lone Hero thought he could help Legend to become the first clanless Rising Dragon, but it turned out to not be as easy as Lone Hero thought it would be.

Legend thought a lot about leaving the Land again. To leave his friends. He was just sitting day by day around in Hefei, at places where rarely other people passed by, and reflected all the time over many things. The people began to talk about Legend. He wouldn't be the same anymore, and his motivation was gone, they said. "A dying legend" they called him.

One day, Lone Hero came running to Legend. He shouted already from far away: „Legend! We need your help!“ Legend thought to himself: „Great, what's now again..?“ He stood calmly up. When Lone Hero arrived, Legend said: „Calm down... What's wrong?“ - „We...“ Lone Hero began, breathed fast, and began once again: „We need you in North Sea!“ Legend: „Why, what's so thrilling there?“ Lone Hero: „Leave your sarcastic talk! A big creature appeared there, and it kills the people it finds! I've never seen such a thing!“ Legend became serious and asked: „What?!“ Lone Hero: „A few people are there fighting against it, and they are trying to kill this creature, but they didn't seem very successfully!“ Legend: „There are many people in North Sea who are much stronger than me. What do you think I could do?“ Lone Hero: „That's not a normal creature! We need every good warrior! Ruye is there, too!“ Legend: „What?! Ruye is there as well?! What is he doing in North Sea?!“ Lone Hero: „He might not be very strong, but how you know he got great chi strengths. He's there strengthening the other warriors and healing them.“ Legend: „Ok, let's go!

While they both were running, Legend realized that he hasn't seen Lone Hero ever as nervous as he was right before. Legend asked him: „What kind of creature is this? Could it be True General Wei? He's the strongest I've ever heard of.“ Lone Hero: „No, this creature is a beast, and much stronger than True General Wei. No one knows anything about it. No one has ever seen it!“ Legend replies: „That sounds very bad... I wonder what I can do with my few vagabond skills... I hope, we will be able to defeat this thing...

When they arrived in the North Sea, they went to The Whistle Valley. There, so Lone Hero said, was the beast. And indeed, they both saw it already from far away, as well as the people who were fighting against it. While they were running, Legend looked around and noticed that he couldn't do a lot more than just start to fight against it as well, so he headed directly to it. Interestingly enough, when they were about to arrive, the beast looked at Legend. It then tried to attack Legend directly.

They were around 30 warriors fighting against this beast. During the fight, Ruye went to Legend and strengthened him. He said: „Good to see you here.“ Legend answered: „Good to see you alive.“ Ruye healed him from time to time. Slowly but surely they were able to beat the beast down, and sometime it felt down on the ground. They all were glad that the beast was finally dead.

Some warriors started to smile happily, others laughed out loud, and some even started to talk already about the beast, but then the body of the beast started to glow. The warriors reacted surprised, some nervous, but every single one bewared of it. Suddenly the body of the beast exploded, and the creature appeared in a second form in from of them.

The explosion threw many warriors away, as well as Legend, Ruye and Lone Hero. What they saw then was a massacre. The beast killed every single warrior around it, as if they would be but insects. The warriors who were still alive became frightened and started to run away. Legend realized, that they did not have any chance. They would only die, like the warriors in front of them on the ground.

The people began to flee and to scream out loud „Run! He will kill us all!“ Some did not even survive their escape. Legend wanted to help the people, but he couldn't do anything at all. He was indirectly forced to watch how great warriors, some of them even known friends, had to die.

When Legend saw how the beast was busy with some other warriors, he looked at Lone Hero and Ruye and shouted to them: „Run! Save yourself!“ Ruye and Lone Hero ran away while Legend tried to save some of the other warriors, but he was not able to help anyone. Everyone was killed in front of him.

When the beast didn't have anyone left to kill, it looked around. Legend was the only one left, and so it went to him. It wanted to attack Legend - Just at this moment a warrior appeared, grabbed Legend and jumped high up, as high as Legend never saw anyone jumping.

They landed on a bridge above them, and the first thing Legend saw up there were Ruye, Lone Hero and a few of the other warriors. Legend then turned back to see who this warrior was who saved him, and when he saw him he almost couldn't believe his eyes: „Father?! What are you doing here?!“ The Vagabond just replied: „I could feel it...“ With this little line, Legend understood exactly what he meant - After all, The Vagabond was able to feel his own blood.

They looked down to the Valley, from the bridge where they were standing, and saw how the beast destroyed everything and killed every warrior it could find. Legend could only say „My god...“ No one could say more than that. They could only watch. The Vagabond looked thoughtful down to the beast and said: „If nobody stops this thing, the whole North Sea will perish. After that most probably the rest of the Land. And every single warrior in its way will die.

Legend looked at the beast - How it was destroying everything. He looked at his friends and the other warriors next to him - How they had to watch, without to be able to help at all. He looked out into the Land - How it was crying in its kindness and harmony for peace.

He looked down to the ground. He began to smile friendly and said to himself „So, this is it, hum..? It seems like my time has come...“ He looked back, to the other people. Still smiling, he said: „Take care, my friends...“ The people just looked at him, some asked immediately „What..?“ Legend looked foreward into the sky: „This was always destined to happen, I think...“ He looked down to the beast, then he made a step foreward and let himself fall.

Legend flew directly in the beasts direction. During the fall Legend flew down headfirst. While falling, his dark forces began to unleash. Dark wings grew again out of his back, and a strong power gathered around his body. The beast looked up to Legend. When Legend hit the beast, a bright streak and strong explosion was created. The explosion lasted further for a while, until everything ended with a loud bang.

The people on the bridge tried to see what happened, but the ground was still full of smoke. After a while, they were able to see Legend - only Legend - inside a crater. The Vagabond jumped immediately down, while the others had to go down across other ways. The Vagabond went to Legend, knelt down and touched him. Short time later, he said: „No... My son...“ He then looked down and closed his eyes.

Slowly, also the other warriors arrived. Everyone was wondering what happened with Legend. Lone Hero spoke out what everyone was asking themselves: „Is he alive..?“ The Vagabond was still looking down and had his eyes closed - He didn't respond. Ruye was the only one who dared to go to Legend and to touch his neck. After a short time he said: „He... Is dead...

The Vagabond took Legend's body on his shoulders and stood up. He spoke: „I will bury him... No one shall know where he is burried. He would have wanted it that way.“ He then began to walk away and left every other warrior, friend or not, back alone.

A few hours later: Ruye was in The Cave. He was talking to somebody: „You didn't say anything about a second form! We released a creature which shouldn't ever be released. This could have gone extremely wrong!“ A masculine voice retorted: „Everything worked out. Legend is dead, and that's everything that matters.“ Ruye: „I hope, you know what you're doing.“ The Vagabond came walking and said: „I hope that, too.“ Ruye and The Vagabond looked to the person in front of them. He turned around - It was The Hermit. He grinned and said: „Trust me, I know exactly what I'm doing.

Last edited by Legend on Tue May 03, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 30: Nothing is so hard as man's Ingratitude

Post  Legend Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:15 pm

Chapter 30: Nothing is so hard as man's Ingratitude

Why...? Why do I have to feel such pain...? Didn't I help the Land as much as I could? Didn't I try to help everywhere I could?

Legend was on a place which can certainly be called a hell. Pierced in his back on a wood stick. He was bleeding continuously, and his hands and feets were chained to the side. His tears mixed with his blood. He was doomed to endure the torments of hell forever, without to be able to defend himself.

Legend was unable to open his eyes. Everything he was able to see was blurred. From time to time he heard some voices in his near. It sounded like two people were talking to each other. Legend thought, he knew one of the voices, but he could not classify it. This voice said: „Is he suffering enough?“ Another voice, not known by Legend, answered: „Of course he is. I almost can't higher the pain. He is in a coma-like state. He can't react at all, but he feels everything.“ The known voice: „Good. He shall regret to have messed with us. While the Land will fall apart by chaos, he shall feel the pain to all eternity.

After a long time down there, Legend lost his hope, his love, and all his other good feelings. He felt just hate, anger, disappointment, and many other bad ones. After he lost all his good feelings and emotions, he heard sometime a voice in his head: „Do you see now what you will get if you try to help the whole Land? You will just feel pain, only because you wanted to make their lifes better. If you would have released and accepted me, we would not be in this situation now.“ Legend asked wearied: „Who... are you...?“ The voice replied: „I am the one inside you who everyone hates and tries to avoid. I am the one who gives you that power when you're angry.“ Legend did not understand: „What..? I don't understand...“ The voice: „You are good on seeing all the facts. Do so now, and you will know who I am.“ Legend replied hopelessly: „You want from me to think about what kind of voice you are... on a such situation..? How long am I here...? I can't say...“ The voice: „I am your only chance to escape from here. And I will only help you if we work together. But if you want to try it by yourself or just feel this unjust pain further, then do as you wish.

Legend thought about the voice's words. He had to admit with it and began to think about it: „The one inside me, who everyone hates and tries to avoid... The one who gives me power when I'm angry...“ After some minutes, he answered: „Wait... Can that really be..? Are you the so-called demon within me..?“ The Dark Messiah: „At last.“ Legend: „I thought that was me, and not an own personality...“ The Dark Messiah: „It took a while until you realized that.“ Legend: „But... how..?“ The Dark Messiah: „You lost your parents when you were young. You felt anger and hate before you could even learn to control it. You began to burke your hard feelings inside you, and so you created another personality inside you.“ Legend: „So that's how you were created...?“ The Dark Messiah: „No. In fact, your quest with the blood of the Knife of the White Shadows was the reason. Back then, I was only a human illness. With the right method, you could fusion with your second personality again. But when you licked the demon's blood, I lost all my connections to you and was formed to an own person within you. A real demon - Born by anger and hate, my fate was to bring hate and doom into the Land. But I could not take control over your body. Your will is indeed strong, but not strong enough for this time.“ Legend: „Bullshit...“ The Dark Messiah: „Bullshit? Didn't you try to release yourself already? But instead, you made it worse, and you are bleeding more since you've tried.“ Legend: „What do you want...?“ The Dark Messiah: „I want a co-operation.“ Legend: „If I remember right, you don't like to talk...“ The Dark Messiah: „I don't. But as a personality in a body of somebody else, my opportunities are very limited.“ Legend: „...so you have to talk... That's quiet ironic...“ The Dark Messiah: „The same applies to your situation.“ Legend: „So... what kind of co-operation do you want...?“ The Dark Messiah: „You don't expect me to help you without to get anything I want, do you?“ Legend: „No... I've guessed that already...“ The Dark Messiah: „I will let you resurrect.“ Legend: „How can you do that...?“ The Dark Messiah: „Is this really important? Better ask what I want.“ Legend: „Right... And what could you want..?“ The Dark Messiah: „I want you to not fight me ever again. I want to be able to decide with you. Do so, and I will help you to defeat the ones who are responsible for this.“ Legend: „Why should you help me on taking a revenge...?“ The Dark Messiah: „I feel everything you feel.“ Legend: „Hm... That makes sense... And what do you want as my agreement...?“ The Dark Messiah: „Only your word.“ Legend: „Only my word..? That's quite dangerous for you to not get what you want...“ The Dark Messiah: „Don't forget, I feel everything what you feel. I know you too good, and I know your word is holy to you. You would do anything possible to hold it.“ Legend: „Alright... I think you're right... I give you my word...

It was quiet again. Legend didn't hear anything.

Hello...?“ - He didn't get any response.
Hey...“ - Still quiet.
Do you take me out from here now...?“ - Still nothing - „You damned...!

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 31: The Resurrection of Legend

Post  Legend Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:50 pm

Chapter 31: The Resurrection of Legend

A few days have passed since Legend talked the first time with his inner demon, The Dark Messiah, and Legend still didn't hear anything new. He still had to feel the torments of hell.

While The Dark Messiah felt always everything from Legend and also knew what he was thinking and what he was doing, Legend could not know what his inner demon thought. And so, one day, while he was meditating about a possibility to resurrect Legend, The Dark Messiah heard a voice. It was the voice of Lone Hero, who tried to talk to Legend: „Forgive me, my dearest friend. I would seek to call you brother were it that I were worthy. You have helped me in many ways. I lay before you your way out. I know you can hear me. The body sleeps but the soul listens. In your torments you must think me a figment of your imagination but it is my voice you hear true.

The Dark Messiah was surprised about the fact that he heard Lone Hero's voice, but Legend himself didn't. Was it maybe, because The Dark Messiah was more active than Legend? Or maybe because Legend was in a kind of trance? He didn't know it, but whatever the reason was, he listened further to Lone Hero: „This is Kairino Naga, The Water's Dragon. It holds the power to set you free at a price... and that price is me. I will lose all memory of you. I will be teleported to somewhere far from here and I do not know where. When that happens you have to find me before Kay'par because in my state I will believe the first person I meet. And I may join him against the entire Vagabond Army. If that happens then the enemy will have one hell of a force to recon with. I have been embodied with power that I do not even understand. I do not know how to use or control. But Kay'par was once just like me and DOES know how to use and control it and he would use me to destroy everything. Choose Legend. This key will bring you back with your sanity intact! I do not ask your figiveness in my failure to be there for you - but I ask you to succeed in your mission for the betterment of all vagabonds, neigh of all mankind!

The Dark Messiah did not have any interest in following Lone Hero's words, neither Legend's goals. Rather he wondered about Kairino Naga, The Water's Dragon. He thought to himself: „The power to set Legend free? And not even for a price which I or Legend have to pay? That sounds interesting. I actually wanted to find a way to contact The Nameless One. I know he could resurrect Legend, but this sounds way better. And faster.“ With his spirit, The Dark Messiah went up to the Land, to Legend's grave. The Dark Messiah saw Lone Hero sitting there and noticed Kairino Naga laying on the ground. He noticed a strange power in it, which could indeed set Legend free. Without to think any further about it, The Dark Messiah grabbed the weapon - When The Dark Messiah touched Lone Hero's weapon, it began to shiver and to produce little thunders. The Dark Messiah felt a power flowing inside his soul, then to Legend himself. Lone Hero, who was still waiting for an answer from Legend, did not understand what was happening. When he saw his weapon hovering up and react how it did, he stood up and was very surprised.

Suddenly, Kairino Naga felt back down to the ground and didn't react anymore. Before The Dark Messiah realized it, he didn't have the weapon in his hand anymore and was already inside Legend's grave. He wondered shortly, why it did not happen like Lone Hero said, but he did not mind for a long time. The important thing was, that Legend was alive again. And not only that - He controlled even Legend's body, and Legend was within him, still in a trance.

The Dark Messiah broke out of the grave with his arm. Lone Hero was very surprised when he saw Legend's arm out of the grave. He did not understand why it didn't happen how it should have.

The Dark Messiah came out with the whole body. When he was out and standing, he looked into the palms of Legend's hands. He thought to himself: „I am indeed controlling his body, and Legend is within me.“ He began to grin and thought: „Seems like we've changed the...“ Suddenly, he watched serious and surprised into the palms and thought „Wait, what is that?!“ The Dark Messiah felt how Legend had to feel Lone Hero's feelings and emotions. He thought: „So it does happen somehow anyway how Hero just said.“ But he also noticed that Legend became scared about those feelings and emotions, which didn't make any sense to him. After all, he didn't know that it were Lone Hero's feelings and emotions. And so, Legend felt into a deep sleep within his own body, while his Inner Demon had control over it. The Dark Messiah, who looked serious, thought: „Good. Very good. Now Legend felt even asleep. I could not have it better.“ He looked ahead and began to walk. Lone Hero noticed that Legend looked somehow bad, but he was happy that he was resurrected and went in front of him: „Legend! I am so happy that...“ The Dark Messiah pushed Lone Hero with his left arm aside, said „Out of my way, mortal fool!“ and walked out of the den.

Lone Hero was standing there and looked after Legend. He didn't know what to think. He was hurted about what just happened. Then, Lone Hero began to glow softly in white, and he knew that it happened anyway, somehow, how it should have. „Well, now it doesn't matter anyway...“ he said to himself. He glowed more and more, until he was teleported. Lone Hero's weapons, clothes, and all other items felt on the ground.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 32: Meeting of the Demons

Post  Legend Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Chapter 32: Meeting of the Demons

Legend's Inner Demon went to Mount Yanmo. When he arrived at the gates of the Heavenly Demon's clan base, while he was heading towards the gate, one of the Guards talked to him: „Unbelievable... I heard you died, and now I see you alive. You are truly a le...“ But The Dark Messiah did not pay attention to the Guard. He did not even look at him. He walked by, opened the gate, and went inside. The Guard talked to the other Guard: „Pretty arrogant. Shall I kick him out of our clan base?“ The other guard replied: „No, let him go. He's affiliated with our clan.“ The first Guard: „Yeah, true.

The Dark Messiah headed to the Temple of Sun and Moon and looked around, but could not find what he was looking for. He walked to Widow Maker, the Hierophant of Heavenly Demon. Without to waste any second, he asked: „Where is Ruye?“ Widow Maker was surprised and said: „You... You are...“ The Dark Messiah repeated himself: „Where is Ruye?“ Widow Maker answered: „The last place I saw him was at Soul Catcher, the High Priest. If he isn't there, Soul Catcher will tell you where you can find him.“ The Dark Messiah walked further. Widow Maker looked after him and asked: „You are the Dark Messiah, are you not?“ But The Dark Messiah did not listen and walked further. Widow Maker: „It has been foretold that you will come one day.“ The Dark Messiah stopped to walk. He looked back at Widow Maker, then he walked back to him. When he was in front of him, some steps away, he asked: „And what exactly has been foretold? Maybe your own death?“ Widow Maker: „Just how the old prophecies have described you. But you should be careful whom you threaten. You don't have your mighty powers yet like you had when you awaked the first time, a while ago.“ The Dark Messiah answered: „My power is still enough for you.“ Widow Maker: „Even if I doubt that - I am not your enemy.“ The Dark Messiah said: „I asked you what has been foretold about me. So give me an answer to my question.“ Widow Maker began to grin and asked: „Or what?“ The Dark Messiah grabbed Legend's saber, which he had attached on his back, and held it next to him. Suddenly, the saber began to shine red and to produce small thunders. Widow Maker: „Impressive. But still no match for me.“ The Dark Messiah took attack position and wanted to attack Widow Maker, but then they both heard a voice: „ENOUGH!“ Widow Maker and The Dark Messiah looked aside. Soul Catcher, the High Priest, was standing there. He looked at The Dark Messiah and shouted: „Even if you are who you are, I will not allow you to come into our clan base and to make trouble!“ The Dark Messiah knew, against Soul Catcher he had indeed no chance in his currently state, without his true powers. So he stood back normal and turned the saber off again. Soul Catcher: „Come with me. We got a lot to talk about.“ The Dark Messiah began to walk towards Soul Catcher, looked shortly but arrogantly to Widow Maker, and then back at Soul Catcher. While he was walking, he put the saber again on his back, where it was before.

Soul Catcher began to walk in front of The Dark Messiah. After a short time of walking, The Dark Messiah asked: „Where are we going?“ Soul Catcher answered: „To the Cave of Light.“ The Dark Messiah stopped to walk and asked: „Do I look like I want to take a walk with you? Tell me where Ruye is.“ Soul Catcher turned back and asked: „I know that you're not the kind of demon who likes to talk. So why should I bring you to him?“ The Dark Messiah answered: „Indeed, but then again, I also ain't the kind of demon who would talk with Widow Maker, and neither with you. But due to some circumstances I do it anyway. So, where is he?“ Soul Catcher: „Yes, you do, indeed. And I wonder why. You see, it has been foretold that you will come one day. But your handling does not match fully with the old tale.“ The Dark Messiah: „Stop to mention that prophecy if you don't want to tell me about it!“ Soul Catcher: „Tell me what you want here.“ The Dark Messiah: „Why should I trust you?“ Soul Catcher: „The whole Land knew the prophecy about you. But every single bastard forgot it again. We, the Heavenly Demon clan, kept telling it among our disciples. We are not your enemies. So, better tell me what you want.“ The Dark Messiah: „There are way too many prophecies in the Land, and many telling false or modified stories, so I don't blame anyone for forgetting the predictions about my appearence. But okay, I'll tell you about myself: I came back to life to destroy the king of the ones who call themselves gods!“ Soul Catcher: „Ahhh... Now the prophecy makes sense again... But every single god, their slaves and their followers, no matter how weak they may be, will oppose you.“ The Dark Messiah: „Then I will kill every single person, god or not, who wants to deny my revenge! And while you think I do not know that you mistrust me, I know since a while that Ruye is behind me, as well as four Chi Kung Artists hiding behind some rocks in our near, waiting me for doing a wrong move. Your arrogance offends me!“ Then, The Dark Messiah looked back to Ruye.

Soul Catcher, Ruye, and the Chi Kung Artists nearby were surprised. Ruye realized that he could not hide himself. The Dark Messiah – how they called him – would just get what he wanted. And that was the chat with Ruye.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 33: Ruye's Secret

Post  Legend Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Chapter 33: Ruye's Secret

Ruye was a few meters away from Legend's Inner Demon. The Dark Messiah turned away from Soul Catcher to Ruye. Ruye asked: „Are you here to kill me?“ The Dark Messiah said: „Not if you give me what I want.“ Ruye: „And what do you want from me?“ The Dark Messiah: „For the start, sake.“ Ruye: „What?“ The Dark Messiah: „Sake is japanese rice wine. Get me some, and you are a step closer of getting rid of me.“ Ruye: „You are lucky that I have indeed some.“ The Dark Messiah: „Knowledge got nothing to do with luck.“ Ruye grabbed a bottle of japanese sake out of his bag and held it in front of The Dark Messiah. But The Dark Messiah just looked at the bottle, then to Ruye, and said: „Are you serious? Get me a little cup for it.“ Ruye asked: „Are YOU serious?“ The Dark Messiah took the bottle and said: „No.“ He drank a bit from it, then he said: „Although it's really better to drink it warm and from a sake cup...“ Ruye: „Can I know now what you want?“ The Dark Messiah corked the bottle and put it in his bag. While doing so he said: „I hope you don't mind if I keep the bottle.“ Ruye: „No, keep it. So, what's now?

The Dark Messiah came straight to the point: „Do you remember the day when Legend told you that he knew there was a clan disciple of Heavenly Demon at his birth?“ Ruye: „Yes.“ The Dark Messiah: „I know that was you.“ Ruye asked surprised „What?“ as well as Soul Catcher who was still standing behind The Dark Messiah: „What?!“ The Dark Messiah explained futher: „I know that you must be already some hundreds of years old. I know that you got a special relationship with The Nameless One. And I know, that when Legend would search and find Iron Fist in Tibet, Iron Fist would tell him the name of the Heavenly Demon disciple who was at his birth. The name Iron Fist would tell him would be Le'Uye. And I know that Le'Uye is an old form of the name Luye, which is just the same name like you use today, Ruye.“ Ruye was very surprised and didn't know what to answer. After a short time he looked very seriously at The Inner Demon and looked thoughtful. Ruye then shouted to the four Chi Kung Artists in the near: „Storm Demons, leave us alone!

When the Chi Kung demons nearby were gone, Ruye said: „I've never expected someone to know about it. The only ones who know that much about me are The Vagabond and Soul Catcher. The reason why the others, who were at Legend's birth, don't know that the Heavenly Demon disciple who was there was me, is because I am not the same anymore like I was back then. I have this different body for more than 20 years now. There was a time where I had to make a decision, and this decision took its tribute. I got a new body and lost...“ The Dark Messiah interrupted Ruye and completed his phrase: „...and you lost all your strength, except for your chi powers, I know. Your story about your decision is really interesting, seriously. But honestly, I don't care. Let's speed this up.“ Ruye was shortly quiet again, then he smiled lightly and said: „You don't like to have smalltalk, hum?“ The Dark Messiah: „I don't like to talk at all. But I have to do it, so I make it as short as possible.“ Ruye: „All right. So what do you want? And why are you telling me what you know?“ The Dark Messiah: „To tell you what I know is faster than to try to explain you later that I know what I am talking about. I know you can give your powers to someone else. And I want these powers.“ Ruye: „What?!“ Soul Catcher: „No way!“ The Dark Messiah looked aside and shouted to Soul Catcher: „Silence, old man! You had your chance of talking! This is a chat between me and Ruye!“ Soul Catcher: „You dare...!“ But Ruye interrupted him: „Soul Catcher, please. Let me handle it.“ And so, Soul Catcher was quiet and just watched.

Ruye: „Well, seems like I can't stop you from getting what you want...“ The Dark Messiah: „Exactly.“ Ruye: „...but maybe I can help you more on another way than I could with giving you my powers.“ The Dark Messiah was shortly silent, then he asked: „And what do you offer?“ Ruye: „If you really want to kill all gods who will try to stop you, you will need more than my powers. Much more.“ The Dark Messiah: „And why should you help me on defeating the gods?“ Ruye: „I am a good friend of Legend, and I know what they did to him.“ The Dark Messiah: „No, you don't know anything. You have no idea what he had to endure.“ Ruye: „Indeed. But I don't need to have an idea about the pain to know what they did to him. Like many other warriors of the Land, I also have to agree that the unfair handlings of the gods have to stop.“ The Dark Messiah: „And what could be better for me than your powers?“ Ruye: „The strength of the whole Land.“ The Dark Messiah highered his head lightly while still looking at Ruye. He sounded interested: „Keep going.“ Ruye: „If you really want to defeat the gods and everyone who will oppose you, you can't do it alone. You will need the help of every single clan.“ The Dark Messiah: „Are you suggesting me to go and have a word with each one of them? Do I look like a delegate or something?“ Ruye: „That's the reason why I offer you my help instead of my powers.“ The Dark Messiah: „And you can get the help of all clans?“ Ruye: „Sooner or later, I can help you to get it, yes.“ The Dark Messiah was shortly quiet and thought about it, then he said: „I suggest you to get the help more sooner than later. Otherwise I will come back and take your powers by force.“ Ruye: „So we have a deal?“ The Dark Messiah: „We do.“ With these last words, The Dark Messiah walked away and out of the clan base.

Ruye and Soul Catcher looked after him, and Soul Catcher walked to Ruye. Ruye said to Soul Catcher: „Luckily I could make a deal with him. This will give us some time. What do you think about him?“ Soul Catcher said: „Arrogant and no respect for anything, just like the old prophecies tell. But still - It's very impressive that he knew this all about you.“ Ruye had to agree and said: „Indeed. And even if his ways aren't the best, he will bring chaos into the Land. Now, as he is awake, nothing holds him anymore. But it is necessary for the good of the Land.“ Soul Catcher answered: „Hopefully the prophecy will be true.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 34: The Truth about The Vagabond

Post  Legend Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Chapter 34: The Truth about The Vagabond

Legend's Inner Demon headed to The Cave of The Conqueror, to The Nameless One, Legend's father. He walked ordinary through the Bloody Plain and The Cave, and no one dared to attack him.

When The Dark Messiah arrived at The Nameless One, he stopped in front of him and just looked at him. The Vagabond asked: „You are not my son. Who are you?“ The Dark Messiah replied: „You just saved your life. Since you're supposed to feel anything from your son, to feel your own blood, I've expected you to know that I'm a different person. However; If you would have mistake me for him, it would be obvious that you're not the one you seem to be, then I would just kill you without any further talking.“ The Vagabond: „So now, since you know I am indeed the one I seem to be, maybe you want to tell me what you want from me. How about telling me who you are?“ The Dark Messiah: „I will not tell you who I am. If you want to know it, you have to find the answer by yourself.“ The Vagabond: „Are you giving me wise advices?“ The Dark Messiah: „I am, indeed. However; I am here to get some answers.“ The Vagabond asked a bit surprised: „Answers?“ The Dark Messiah: „Did I stutter or something? Yes, answers.“ The Vagabond: „What kind of answers?“ The Dark Messiah: „Answers about you and your son. And about his mother.“ The Vagabond: „That's something between me and him, and none of your business.“ The Dark Messiah: „Oh, but it is. You see, I had to feel all the pain of Legend. He suffered because of questions he had, but not any answer. You can imagine how it would help me as well, if I would get answers to questions which bothered him for so long time.“ The Vagabond: „It's not time yet to give these answers.“ The Dark Messiah: „Is it not or do you just don't have any patience for your son?“ The Vagabond asked a bit irritated: „Excuse me?“ The Dark Messiah: „I just wonder why you never told Legend that you were actually alive. Or what you know about his mother Hu Shanshan.“ The Vagabond: „He will get a lot wisdom by it.“ The Dark Messiah: „Just to let you understand me correctly: I'm not here for smalltalk, but for answers. And I will get the answers. So tell me, why did you let him believe, you're dead?“ The Vagabond: „I wanted him to become wise.“ The Dark Messiah: „If you lie to me again, I'm gonna hurt you. Show a bit honor and tell me why. I know there's more behind it.“ The Vagabond: „Are you threatening me?“ The Dark Messiah: „No. I can assure you, I am talking the truth.

The Vagabond was shortly silent, then he replied: „Maybe I didn't have the interest to be a good father as I should have.“ The Dark Messiah: „Why not?“ The Vagabond: „To be honest, I never wanted a child. Hu Shanshan neither, but she got pregnant...“ The Dark Messiah: „Keep going.“ The Vagabond: „I wasn't sure if I would be a good father. But after Legend was born, and I held him in my arms, I got father feeling. I liked it somehow to have a son. I liked somehow to have an heir. I was proud of him. But one day I realized that I lost many abilities and I had to admit, since I was father, I didn't had  as much time for my training anymore as I used to have before. I traveled often around, but I wasn't able to just keep traveling. I had to come back to the same place because I had a son. It was a totally new kind of living for me, especially as lonely traveler... I was not used to such a live... And to be honest, I missed it to go from place to place, alone, without anyone to know me...“ The Dark Messiah: „What happened then?“ The Vagabond: „After the war of the nine dragons, many clan dragons were gone. Some died, others disappeared. And so, I disappeared as well, to get again more time for my training.“ He was shortly quiet, then he said: „Believe me... If I would have the chance, I would do it different...

The Dark Messiah: „What do you know about Hu Shanshan?“ The Vagabond: „The last rumor I heard was that she was seen somewhere in Tibet.“ The Dark Messiah: „That's all?“ The Vagabond: „Just because I have a son with her I don't have to know where she is.

The Dark Messiah: „Did you know that your son's death, the thing with the beast in North Sea, wasn't an accident, but an order to kill him?“ The Vagabond was silent and didn't answer. The Dark Messiah: „I see... So I guess you also know that Legend was tormented after his death, in a hell-like place.“ The Vagabond was very surprised to hear that: „What?!“ The Dark Messiah: „Come on, you can feel your own blood.“ The Vagabond: „I swear, I didn't know that he was suffering after he died!“ The Dark Messiah: „Your son was killed to let him suffer the torments of hell to all eternity. He was an enemy to the ones who believe they are gods.“ The Vagabond: „I didn't know that. Otherwise I would have resurrected him! I may not have been a good father, but I would never let him suffer!“ The Dark Messiah: „I'm aware about your possibility to resurrect anybody. And that makes me wonder why you didn't just resurrect him. Or why you didn't just kill the beast in North Sea in the first place.“ The Vagabond: „I wasn't allowed to do so. And I was sure his friends would find a way by their own to resurrect him.“ The Dark Messiah: „They did, as you can see. Just with another... personality... in the front. But what exactly do you mean with you weren't allowed to resurrect him?“ The Vagabond: „The king of the gods commanded me to not interfere. I interfered already a few times, even if I wasn't allowed to.

The Dark Messiah: „The big Nameless One, the one who ended the great war of the nine dragons, is scared of something?“ The Vagabond: „I could never win against them. Sometimes, you have to do what other people want, to survive.“ The Dark Messiah: „How despicably, to be a slave and to do what other people want.“ The Vagabond reacted immediately with anger and shouted: „DON'T YOU DARE TO TALK TO ME LIKE THAT!“ The Dark Messiah: „What do you mean? Telling the truth? I knew it the whole time. I told Legend all the time that you are like that. But he kept believing in you.“ The Vagabond was angered and yet silent again. He knew The Dark Messiah was right.

The Dark Messiah looked at The Nameless One from above to below and said then: „You are really pathetic... Anyway, back to business; Tell me how I can defeat the gods.“ The Vagabond: „Forget it. You can't.“ The Dark Messiah: „I assure you, I will. So what can you tell me?“ The Vagabond: „I've already tried to find a way, but I found nothing. You will just make it worse, for you and Legend.“ The Dark Messiah looked into The Vagabond's eyes and could see, that he was telling the truth.

The Dark Messiah: „I would rather die with pride than living as an unfree slave.“ He turned away and walked out of The Cave.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 35: Two Girls

Post  Legend Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Chapter 35: Two Girls

The Dark Messiah walked through the Bloody Plain and Hangzhou. When he was walking through Hangzhou, he suddenly stopped and shouted: „How long do you want to follow me?“ Someone came out behind a tree. It was Setsuna, the Sacred Flower Legend has met before. She said mistrustfully: „Who are you? You are not Legend.“ The Dark Messiah turned back and was grinning evilly. He said: „I am someone who knows what you want from Legend.“ Setsuna: „Ha - You know nothing, bastard!“ The Dark Messiah explained: „Your perfume is a secret thing from your clan. It contains pheromones to let Legend have interest in you, and to let him do whatever you want.“ Setsuna was surprised and could not answer anything.

The Dark Messiah kept going: „I've made some research... You want to follow the oldest tradition of your clan and control one of the probably mightiest men in the Land. Legend is often called "godfather of the vagabonds". He personally thinks he's not anything like that - But even I have to admit, he indeed brought the clanless path to the Land. The vagabond path is more popular then ever, and only one man, with his stupid idea of neutrality and uniting the clanless warriors, made that possible. Even if the people laughed back then about the fact that weak and clanless warriors wanted to reach something, Legend made it anyway. Indeed with the help of others, but if he wouldn't have had his absurd idea of forming the first vagabond guild ever, who knows what would have happened to the vagabonds. His guild, the Vagabond Army, grew day by day; And today, after some years, the clanless warriors are finally accepted by the most. But, how life is, everything has its good and bad things. The clanless path is stained now with money and greediness as well, just like every clan. That's not what Legend wanted to achieve. He is very disappointed about that, to say the least. However; As Founder and Master of the Vagabond Army, he is, naturally, one of the leaders and most influential people in the Land, without to even realize it. Many warriors in the Land keep watching Legend. He is a motivation to many. Therefore, even if he doesn't know about it, he got indeed some power in the Land. Although he would never use this possibility to harm others, there are people who would like to make him believe what they tell him and to use his influence for their own interests - Am I right?“ Setsuna was still looking surprised at him, and The Dark Messiah was still grinning. He then lowered his head softly while still grinning and looking at her and said: „You want to be with him to control the Vagabond Army by yourself and to use it for your clan's interests, do you not?“ Setsuna was even more surprised - She did not expect anyone to know this.

She was speechless for a short while, then she looked down and started to talk: „If men rule the world, women must rule men... That's our oldest clan rule... An old tale from our clan tells that Mistress of Chaos was a princess once... Wu-Tang and Heavenly Demon had a big battle... They fought against each other... The Heavenly Demon did not pass the test... But they trained more... to kill and to get their revenge... The only thing which gave them power was hating Wu-Tang...“ Setsuna stopped to talk and was shortly quiet. Then she kept going: „For the Wu-Tang, the blood which dropped from the dead at this big battle was not enough... The so-called "white clan" wants to destroy Heavenly Demon since then...“ Setsuna looked mad at The Dark Messiah and told: „Tired from all fights, Mistress of Chaos formed her own clan. And she wanted to destroy both, Heavenly Demon and Wu-Tang.

The Dark Messiah was still grinning. He highered his head again and said: „You just helped me, thank you. But I suggest you to forget your plan with Legend. Legend is no more.“ He turned away and began to walk. He then stopped shortly, said „And if you call me one more time bastard, I will kill you.“ and started to walk away again.

A short time later, while The Dark Messiah was walking alone, he thought grinning to himself: „Talking can actually make fun. To tell people what secrets one can know and to see their surprised faces makes even more fun than beating the shit out of them sometimes.

The Dark Messiah was walking through Liaodong and headed to the North Sea. While walking through Liaodong he saw the vagabond Bliss - He recognized her from the Vagabond Army. However; He didn't talk to her. Some time later, while The Dark Messiah was still walking, he first said „How comes everyone is following me today?“ and then shouted „Your leader is no more, Bliss. Be gone.“ Bliss was some meters away from The Dark Messiah. She replied: „I know that you aren't Legend. But I also know that he's still inside you.“ The Dark Messiah stopped and turned back to her. He said a bit annoyed: „Seems like you want to talk.“ Bliss: „What happened, Legend? You're not the same anymore...“ The Dark Messiah answered a bit mad: „I'm not Legend.“ Bliss: „I know you as fighter. A person who only tries to help the whole Land, and who would do anything for his beloved Vagabond Army. But instead, the Vagabond Army is without leader, and no member knows what to do.“ The Dark Messiah: „Legend is tired of trying to help every ungrateful motherfucker! And with Legend's death, the Vagabond Army is dead as well!

Bliss: „You're not the Legend I know...“ The Dark Messiah: „STOP THAT! I'M NOT YOUR FUCKING LEGEND!“ Bliss turned a bit away, said „By the way, Lone Hero is missing... Our old Master would look for him... And I would help...“ and walked away.

The Dark Messiah was angry and talked to himself: „Grrrrrrr! Stupid Vagabonds! They still stick together! How annoying! Legend is dead, and I don't care about that Vagabond Army or any of its member!“ He then turned away, walked further and said to himself: „Screw it, I got better things to do!

He kept heading to the North Sea. He was thinking to himself: „I am sure I will find The Hermit there alone. And if I do, I have to be careful. He's strong, and I have no idea how I can set my true powers free. I will need to watch him for now and to wait for the perfect time.

The Dark Messiah could not forget what Bliss said to him. He was still pissed because of it. Never has anyone turned his back on him. Never. And whatever his ideas were, he could not do anything bad to her - Legend within him did not allow it. After a while, The Dark Messiah could only say: „Bah... Women...

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 36: The Iron Fist

Post  Legend Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Chapter 36: The Iron Fist

The Dark Messiah arrived the North Sea. He went to the Summit of the Wise. During the whole way he could not find The Hermit. When he arrived there, he looked around and tried to feel The Hermit's chi. It was an empty place at this time - No one was there to disturb The Dark Messiah. However; He was not able to find The Hermit's chi.

Suddenly he heard a voice: „You would be perfect for the Black Dragon clan.“ The Dark Messiah turned back and saw a man. A strong warrior, standing a few steps away from him. The Dark Messiah began to grin and said: „Iron corselet, iron gloves, and a chi of a true Dragon. If it isn't Iron Fist...

Legend might have been in a deep sleep within his own body, but when The Dark Messiah saw Iron Fist, Legend started to get nervous and thought to himself „If Iron Fist is still alive, then my mother can be still alive, too...!“ However, The Dark Messiah kept the control.

Iron Fist spoke: „I would like to talk with Legend.“ The Dark Messiah was still grinning and asked: „And why should I let you talk with him?“ Iron Fist: „Because I ask you to.“ The Dark Messiah grabbed his saber from his back, held it next to him and activated the red, glowing fury power. Still grinning, he said: „I got a better idea...“ Iron Fist: „Ah... I see... You want to compete with me, a real Dragon.“ The Dark Messiah: „Looks like the old stories about you are true, and you do have a common sense.“ Iron Fist: „You don't have your true powers yet. Right now, I'm too strong for you. I'm here to help Legend... and you. But I will only help if I can talk to Legend himself. As soon as we've solved everything, you should have your true powers back, and we can fight against each other.“ The Dark Messiah stopped to grin and looked serious and thoughtful at Iron Fist. Then he asked: „Are you promising me a fight?“ Iron Fist replied: „Yes, I promise you a fight, but only on these conditions.“ The Dark Messiah was still serious and thought about it. He didn't say anything for a while, but then he deactivated the fury power of his saber again and said: „All right, sounds good.

Iron Fist asked: „Can I talk now to Legend?“ The Dark Messiah simply replied „Sure...“, put his saber again on his back and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes again, they were not red anymore. Legend looked confused around. Iron Fist began to smile and said: „Hello Legend... Nice to meet you.

Legend almost couldn't believe his eyes. Iron Fist himself was in front of him. He said nervously: „Jun Weiming... The Iron Fist... Is that possible...? I thought you were dead...“ Iron Fist: „No, not yet...“ Suddenly, Legend became more nervous and asked immediately: „My mother! Hu Shanshan! Is she alive too?! Where is she??“ Iron Fist: „Stay calm, young one. Your mother is alive. But I don't know where she is. I didn't see her since a very long time.“ Legend: „My god... My mother is alive... I knew it! Why did everyone hide it from me?!“ Iron Fist: „Well to be honest I should not tell it to you either, but I was never a big follower of rules, you know... And I think you deserve the truth now, after so many years.“ Legend was speechless. After a while he said to himself: „Now I just have to find her and ask if she's my real mother...“ Iron Fist: „Oh, she surely is...“ Legend looked surprised at Iron Fist and asked: „What??“ Iron Fist told: „I was in the clan base of The League when you were born.“ Legend remembered: „Oh right, Bamboo Master told me so...“ Legend felt after a short time on his knees and looked down. He said to himself: „Finally I know that she's my real mother... Finally...“ Iron Fist asked with a smile: „Finally free, young one?“ Legend smiled and said: „Yes...

Iron Fist: „Your friend Ruye was there as well, by the way...“ Suddenly, Legend remembered the conversation between The Dark Messiah and Ruye. Legend looked serious and said: „Yes... I remember... But wait... If I remember correctly, Bamboo Master told me that there were 5 people besides Hu Shanshan and The Vagabond. He knew there were two disciples of the League of Beggars and you. And one of them was a Heavenly Demon clanmember, so that was Ruye - This makes 4 people. But who was the fifth person?“ Iron Fist: „A master and member of The Union.“ Legend: „What did a master of The Union of Noble Families did there??“ Iron Fist: „Dragons and prophecies...“ Legend: „Hum..?“ Iron Fist: „Ruye and that master of the Union were there because they thought you were a person from a prophecy.“ Legend: „Bamboo Master told me, you were there just by accident. Is that true or were you there because of that prophecy too?“ Iron Fist: „I was never a man of prophecies. I just go my own way and try to show my disciples how to go their own. I was there because I had to talk with your father, and I had something for the League. And just at this time, you were born. So I tried to help out since I was already there. I don't know if your parents believed this prophecy, but they cared about it because if it would be true, you would be in great danger.“ Legend: „In danger of what?“ Iron Fist: „No idea, I don't really know the prophecy. But I think in danger of an Emperor, or Dragon, or Master, and all its minions.“ Legend replied thoughtful: „I see...

Legend was quiet for some time. After a while Iron Fist asked him: „Any more questions?“ Legend: „Uhm... Not right now, I think...“ Iron Fist: „Good, then let's talk about what I am here for.“ Legend looked a bit surprised, waiting for what the reason for Jun's appearance was. Iron Fist began: „You are a very influential man in the Land, Legend. And even if many people dislike you, many people respect you. Not because you are the successor of The Nameles One, The Vagabond himself. But because you did a lot of things for all warriors of the Land. But the most important thing is: You gave a home to clanless warriors, the Vagabond Army. Remember when you started it. Many people laughed at you. But the whole Land now knows the clanless path as something normal. You made it famous enough to be so. The clanless warriors of the Land are respected now. At least the most... Legend, I want an ally with you. My clan, The Union, and your father, we got an ally already. And since we all are neutral, it would be good to have you on our side as well.“ Legend: „What about the false gods?“ Iron Fist: „That's something we will have to work on, together. The most black and white clan members are too busy with their own war.“ Legend: „So true...“ Iron Fist: „If you really want to join this ally of the neutrals, then you have to be aware of what task you will have. You would become a keeper of the balance.“ Legend: „Hm... Would be nothing new, actually. Just more effective, I guess.“ Iron Fist: „So you join?“ Legend: „Yes, I will join.“ Iron Fist: „Good, nice to hear that. Legend, you got so many followers, that you even could create your own clan.“ Legend thought a bit about it, but said then: „Hm... Perhaps... But I'm a true Vagabond. A clanless warrior and traveler of the Land. I will stick to my Vagabond guild. Wait...“ Legend remembered about what happened to Lone Hero. He started to feel pain, held his head and started to moan. He felt down on his knees, but suddenly he was quiet again. He stood up and opened his eyes - They were red again.

The Dark Messiah: „Looks like your time is over.“ Iron Fist: „Yeah, seems so. Feel free to resume your task. I will come back later.“ Iron Fist walked to the abyss, standed there, looked back and asked: „By the way, did you hear already about "The Dark Hermit"?“ The Dark Messiah: „The Hermit's opposite? Yes, I've heard some things. What about him?“ Iron Fist: „If you can't find The Hermit's chi, try to look for The Dark Hermit's one.“ Then Iron Fist jumped down.

The Dark Messiah started to grin, looked back and said to himself: „Dark Hermit...? Is it really as I've guessed already...?

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 37: The Truth about The Dark Hermit

Post  Legend Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:08 pm

Chapter 37: The Truth about The Dark Hermit

The Dark Hermit is known to many people. He is an evil warrior who tries to bring chaos into the Land. He is the counterpart of "The Wise Hermit", the "first vagabond ever", the warrior who "always helps" the Land and the young warriors. The "everlasting enemy of The Dark Hermit". But all this was told by only one person - The Hermit himself.“ The Dark Messiah said to himself while walking.

There can be no light, if there is no darkness. Those where the words from The Hermit himself.“ The Dark Messiah looked a bit aside and started to walk to a cliff. He talked further to himself: „Why should such a "righteous" person defend such an evil person? Why should a wise Master try to defeat his enemy instead of trying to enlighten him? Why were they never seen together, not even in a fight? Unless...“ The Dark Messiah stopped in front of the cliff and looked down. He began to grin again and finalized his line: „...he is The Dark Hermit.

The Dark Messiah was watching The Hermit from above. There was also Ravenclaw and a few other known people. The Dark Messiah talked to himself: „Do you see now, Legend? This is your wise Hermit, The Hermit you respect so much. A murderer and destroyer behind a mask of a good person.

The Dark Messiah grabbed his saber from his back and said: „And now... dear Hermit...“ He held the saber next to him and finished: „...it's time for you to pay.

Don't attack him.“ a voice said. The Dark Messiah looked behind him and saw Iron Fist. The Dark Messiah asked: „You again? What do you want now?“ Iron Fist: „I want to help you.“ The Dark Messiah: „I don't need your help. I will defeat The Hermit by my own.“ Iron Fist: „I won't help you in the fight against him. But you are still too weak to face him already.“ The Dark Messiah: „Too weak, hum? And why did you help me to find him?“ Iron Fist: „Because I want you to know him.

The Dark Messiah didn't understand. Iron Fist walked to the cliff, next to the Dark Messiah, and looked down as well. He then said: „Watch him. Look how he acts and how he reacts. You will need to know his true personality to defeat him.“ The Dark Messiah looked seriously at The Hermit from above and thought to himself: „That's right... I can read the people by watching them... But should I really waste my time with this? Would I really fail if I would attack him already?“ He put his weapon on his back again, looked down at The Hermit, crossed his arms and thought further to himself: „Let's see if he indeed is too strong yet...

After a while, The Dark Messiah started to grin. Then he looked at Iron Fist and said: „You know... You are the first person who managed it to be taken serious by me. Why are you helping me?“ Iron Fist replied: „Because you and Legend are the first person I've seen who really may be able to change things.“ The Dark Messiah: „And you are ready to take the risk of freeing a true demon and letting the Land be destroyed by me?“ Iron Fist: „Yes.“ The Dark Messiah asked mistrustfully: „How comes?“ Iron Fist: „There are people who trust you.“ The Dark Messiah looked back down at The Hermit and answered sarcastically: „Sure...

None of both said anything. After a while, The Dark Messiah looked again at Iron Fist and asked: „Who trusts me?“ Iron Fist began to smile softly. The Dark Messiah: „Stop to smile and answer my question.“ Iron Fist answered: „Many people do. Not only members of the Vagabond Army, but also clan warriors. They trust you so much, that not even I, or The Vagabond, or somebody else could change their mind.“ The Dark Messiah: „Why?“ Iron Fist: „They trust you, because you were a part of Legend.“ The Dark Messiah: „I am an own person!“ Iron Fist: „That's true, but that doesn't change the fact that you were created out of Legend.“ The Dark Messiah: „Why do the people trust Legend that much anyway? He isn't that good.“ Iron Fist: „That's true, he isn't very strong. But he always tries his best. And that's often a lot more worth. Furthermore, he stands for everyone's justice, may he know a person or not.

The Dark Messiah was shortly silent, then he asked directly: „Do YOU trust me?“ Iron Fist: „I can't say that I do.“ He was shortly quiet, then he finished: „But I also can't say that I don't.

The Dark Messiah: „What exactly do you want from me?“ Iron Fist: „I want you to think about my advices, that's all.“ The Dark Messiah looked down at The Hermit and said: „Well, your last advice seems at least to be a good idea.“ He looked at Iron Fist again and asked: „And what's your next advice?“ Iron Fist: „You have to let Legend do some work, too. And maybe even lead the Vagabond Army.“ The Dark Messiah: „Now you go too far.“ Iron Fist: „The Vagabond Army is well known and has a big influence in the Land. As a neutral guild it will be able to get the help from black, white, and neutral clans.“ The Dark Messiah: „Ah, this story again...“ Iron Fist: „Yes, and Ruye was right - You won't make it without the help of the other clans. And without the Vagabond Army, it will not work out.“ The Dark Messiah: „I will think about it.“ Iron Fist: „Good. That's all I wanted. Any more questions?“ The Dark Messiah: „No. You?“ Iron Fist: „No.“ Iron Fist turned back and started to walk away: „I will come back later.“ The Dark Messiah answered „Sure.“ and looked again at The Hermit.

This guy seems to understand me...“ The Dark Messiah thought to himself. „And still...“ he kept going, „Leading the Vagabond Army... Pah! Do they also want me to sell my soul? I should find a way to get my own body... This would make it much easier for me.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 38: Ravenclaw

Post  Legend Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Chapter 38: Ravenclaw

The Dark Messiah was waiting for Ravenclaw to be alone. As soon as The Hermit and some others left and were out of sight, he jumped down and walked to him.

The Dark Messiah came from behind, Ravenclaw didn't notice him. He stopped some steps away from Ravenclaw. It took a while, but then Ravenclaw noticed him and looked back: „What the..? How could you... Are you Legend? You look like Legend.“ The Dark Messiah thought to himself: „Hm... He sees only with his eyes. That's probably the reason why he isn't one of the absolute highest.“ The Dark Messiah asked: „You are the masked guy who gave Legend some informations about the vagabond future long time ago, are you not?“ Ravenclaw was very surprised. He was indeed the strong, masked warrior who gave Legend some informations back then, but he didn't know how the person in front of him could know that, and who this person was.

Ravenclaw: „How can you know that? And who are you? Are you Legend's twin brother?“ The Dark Messiah was disgusted already about such a stupidity, so he refused to tell him who he is. Instead, he said: „I am not Legend's brother. You will just get the answer if you search it by your own - Because I won't give it to you.“ But instead of listening to his words, Ravenclaw made it worse: „Tell me who you are.“ The Dark Messiah: „I've told you, I won't tell you who I am. You disguised yourself pretty well back then when you've talked to Legend, indeed. But it wasn't good enough for me.“ Ravenclaw asked: „You are Legend, aren't you?“ The Dark Messiah had to force himself to stay calm: „No, I'm not. Nothing of what you told Legend back then happened. You gave him false hope.“ Ravenclaw: „Tell me your name.

God fucking dammit!“ The Dark Messiah thought to himself, „It's impossible to have a real conversation with that guy!

But The Dark Messiah tried it further with talking: „I've told you... I will not give you an answer to this question...“ Ravenclaw: „Come on, tell me who you are.

The Dark Messiah thought again to himself: „Grrrrrr! That stupid guy doesn't listen!“ He thought shortly about everything he knew about Ravenclaw, and then he remembered his wife, Warda. Then, The Dark Messiah started to grin evilly.

The Dark Messiah heard Legend's voice, speaking to him: „Don't!“ The Dark Messiah talked mentally to Legend: „Oh yes, I will!“ Legend: „That's none of our business! Just leave him alone!“ The Dark Messiah asked Legend while he was still grinning evilly: „Are you protecting him, Legend?“ Legend replied: „Not at all, but he's punished enough with his stupidity. Don't make it harder for him by telling him what you know.“ The Dark Messiah: „Oh, I would love to see that...“ Legend: „No, don't!

The Dark Messiah spoke to Ravenclaw: „Ravenclaw, is it? Your wife is Warda, no?“ He heard Legend's voice: „Don't! Don't! Don't! Don't! ...“ Ravenclaw: „Yes, that's my wife.“ Legend's voice was saying the same all over again, then The Dark Messiah said, while grinning, evilly to Ravenclaw: „Ah... Well... Maybe you should take care of her... She loves to love other men.“ Legend's voice: „Too late...“ Ravenclaw: „What did you say??“ The Dark Messiah: „Don't believe me? Go check by yourself.“ Ravenclaw: „I know she doesn't do that!“ The Dark Messiah was still grinning evilly and said: „Ok, if you say so...“ Ravenclaw: „Other people tried to bring us apart by telling me this too, but I asked her, and she said it's not true!“ The Dark Messiah: „Other people told you the same, and all you do is asking her? What's the matter with you..?“ Ravenclaw: „She would never do that to me!“ The Dark Messiah: „She would... and she did. Furthermore... To ask her instead of checking it by yourself is quite stupid, don't you think? She just likes your force and influence in the Land, that's all.“ Ravenclaw grabbed his weapon and said: „Nobody talks like that about my girl!“ The Dark Messiah: „You should think wisely about what you want to do now. It could be your last decision.“ Ravenclaw: „You son of a bitch, Legend!“ And suddenly, The Dark Messiah stopped to grin.

Legend felt anger because of what Ravenclaw just said, and Legend's Inner Demon, The Dark Messiah, felt it too, like always. Through this anger, The Dark Messiah became furious and forgot again the nice experiences he had.

Iron Fist was watching from far away, and at this moment he said to himself: „Damn, he just started to become nicer.

The Dark Messiah was surrounded by a black aura. He grinned evilly, grabbed his saber from his back, activated the fury of the saber and said: „Show me what you got, foolish mortal!

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 39: The First beaten God

Post  Legend Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:00 pm

Chapter 39: The First beaten God

Ravenclaw jumped totally furious against The Dark Messiah and wanted to attack him with a dagger, but The Dark Messiah stood still and parried with his saber. He asked: „Are you serious..? A dagger..?“ Ravenclaw took it back and put it on his back, then he took his own saber and attacked The Dark Messiah again from above, but The Dark Messiah stood still and parried again. He asked: „You aren't that good, are you?“ Then Ravenclaw kicked The Dark Messiah in the belly from the side and The Dark Messiah flew away. Suddenly after the kick, Ravenclaw shot his dagger after him, but The Dark Messiah was angry. He parried the flying dagger away with his saber. Ravenclaw came running, jumped and wanted to attack The Dark Messiah with his saber, but The Dark Messiah felt purposely backwards. Just at the moment when Ravenclaw was above him, The Dark Messiah kicked him hard in the belly.

Ravenclaw was kneeling on the ground. He had trouble to catch air. The Dark Messiah, after he stood up, went to him and said: „I wonder why you are considered a god. Neither your power nor your intelligence speaks for you.“ Ravenclaw replied with still trouble of getting air: „I am Ravenclaw!“ The Dark Messiah said: „How good for you. But... that doesn't really help you.“ Ravenclaw, almost ready to stand up again, said: „I will kill you!“ The Dark Messiah said sarcastically: „Sure... You will do it...

Ravenclaw attacked The Dark Messiah again, but this time with a staff. The Dark Messiah walked back while he parried every hit with his saber, and while doing so he spoke: „Ah... A staff... Not sure how this will let you win, but...“ Ravenclaw interrupted The Dark Messiah and said: „I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR OPINION!“ The Dark Messiah stood still and held Ravenclaw's staff with his saber. He asked: „Did you just interrupt me..?“ Ravenclaw said nothing, but The Dark Messiah unleashed then the sabers fury. Ravenclaw attacked him again with his staff, but while trying to do so The Dark Messiah just cut his staff while parrying bit by bit, while walking back. After he cut the last little bit of Ravenclaw's staff, The Dark Messiah stopped to walk backwards and held his saber next to him. Ravenclaw looked at his staff. It was only a small bit left, and many pieces were laying around on the ground.

Ravenclaw said: „Without your saber, you would be nothing..!“ The Dark Messiah, arrogant how he was, asked while grinning: „Oh, you think so..?“ The Dark Messiah turned off his saber's fury and walked a bit away. He stuck his saber into the ground and walked back to where he was standing before. He said grinning: „Alright, let's fight without weapons. Just fist against fist.“ Ravenclaw saw a chance for him, so he shot a chi kung energy ball against The Dark Messiah, which made him go back. After the shot, Ravenclaw ran to The Dark Messiah's saber and wanted to take it, but then he was shocked by it. He was surprised that he could not take the saber. The Dark Messiah was still standing and started to laugh. After laughing a bit, he asked: „Do you really think you can touch a weapon of a true demon?“ Ravenclaw said: „You are not from the Demon clan!“ The Dark Messiah: „No, I'm not. I said I'm a true demon.“ Ravenclaw: „You aren't from their clan!“ The Dark Messiah: „Oh boy...

The Dark Messiah held his open hand against Ravenclaw, said „Here, a payback for you.“ and shot an energy ball. Ravenclaw was hit and flew away. When he was laying on the ground and opened his eyes, he saw The Dark Messiah already next to him. He kicked Ravenclaw in the face, grabbed his leg and threw him against a nerby hill.

Ravenclaw was sitting there on the ground at the hill, and The Dark Messiah was walking to him. Ravenclaw stood slowly up, and when The Dark Messiah stood in front of him, Ravenclaw said: „You got the power...“ Then he looked at him, said „...but not the technique!“ and attacked The Dark Messiah with strong smash fists attacks and fist techniques. The Dark Messiah had indeed no chance to dodge them. He had no real knowledge about advanced techniques.

After a while of being beaten, The Dark Messiah was standing totally damaged. Ravenclaw was laughing: „Hahaha! How I said, you are weak without your weapon! You are no match for me!“ The Dark Messiah was thinking furiously to himself: „Darn! I could win easily with my saber... But he would laugh at me if I would just go and take my saber back... Because I would just be able to beat him with my saber... I don't want him to be right!“ Then, he saw some pictures of Legend's old memories in Tianjin, from the training Beggars using fist techniques. He closed his eyes and watched everything he could see. Every single move, every single reaction, he kept in mind. He lived it. He learned from it...

When Ravenclaw was standing in front of The Dark Messiah, he said: „Your time is over now! You will pay for everything! Nobody messes with the gods!“ The Dark Messiah opened his eyes, said „You are no god.“ and punched him some meters away. Ravenclaw asked: „What was that? How can that be?“ The Dark Messiah used a beggar-like technique. It was something between what he knew from his techniques, and what he knew from the beggar techniques. It took not a long time until Ravenclaw was laying on the ground and could not move anymore.

Then, The Dark Messiah went finally back to his saber and took it. He walked back to Ravenclaw and held his saber in front of his throat. He said: „Today, a so-called god will die.“ Ravenclaw said: „You know what..? I don't mind... Kill them... Kill them all... I don't like them anyway...“ The Dark Messiah looked surprised, and Ravenclaw kept going: „They always treat me like a slave... I'm sick and tired of it...“ The Dark Messiah asked: „Why didn't you go away, you moron?“ Ravenclaw: „There are too few people against them... I would have no chance...“ The Dark Messiah: „Again such a guy? Am I the only one in the Land who would not sell his soul and rather die with pride? Oh well, whatever. Your pain will be over now..!

Wait!“ a voice shouted. The Dark Messiah looked back, it was Iron Fist. The Dark Messiah asked: „What?“ Iron Fist: „Don't kill him. He is no danger anymore. Let him go.“ The Dark Messiah: „Is that an order?“ Iron Fist: „No, an advice. Seriously, what can he do? He is no match for you. Sure, he can go back to the higher gods and tell them about you, but he wouldn't tell them anything they don't know yet.“ The Dark Messiah: „I should kill him!“ Iron Fist: „Is that really better? Or would that just be easier for him?“ The Dark Messiah thought shortly about it, then he said to Ravenclaw „He just saved your life.“, put his saber on his back again and walked away. Iron Fist looked shortly at Ravenclaw, then he walked after The Dark Messiah.

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

The Tale of Legend, The Vagabond - Page 2 Empty [Book] Chapter 40: Brothers for Life

Post  Legend Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Chapter 40: Brothers for Life

The Dark Messiah walked ahead, and Iron Fist walked after him. When Iron Fist arrived next to The Dark Messiah, he asked: „Can I talk again with Legend?“ The Dark Messiah didn't want to ask anything, after all Iron Fist helped him already a few times, so he just let Legend out. Legend stopped to walk and looked around. Iron Fist greeted him smiling: „Hello, Legend.

Legend said surprised: „Iron Fist. Why am I controlling my body again?“ Iron Fist: „I see... You get better, but you still got a lot to learn... Anyway; I wanted to talk with you.“ Legend: „About what?“ Iron Fist: „The fight with Ravenclaw showed you hopefully that you need a better technique now. It's not anymore just about training and traveling the Land. It's about fighting against strong people and ending the chaos in the Land. The chaos is getting bigger, day by day.“ Legend answered seriously: „I won't join a clan.“ Iron Fist: „I also didn't want to suggest you that. I had something different in mind.“ Legend asked curiously: „What's your idea?“ Iron Fist: „You got some hidden skills of fist fighting. I would be honored to teach you some of my techniques.“ Legend was first surprised, then he answered: „Honored? Nonsense. If someone should be honored, then it's me. But why should you teach me your techniques? I'm not one of your disciples, and as far as I know, one has to be in a clan to learn their techniques.“ Iron Fist: „Well, that's actually just the rules of the clan leaders. But it's not a rule in the Land. I can teach my techniques to whoever I want.“ Legend: „Are you serious about that? I can learn your fist techniques?“ Iron Fist: „Not all, of course. But some, yes. But before that, I want you to do something else.“ Legend: „And what is it, Master?“ Iron Fist: „No, don't call me Master. I may teach you some techniques, but you are still clanless. Don't forget that.“ Legend: „You are right. Sorry.

Iron Fist: „I want you to go to The Cave and to meet your father.“ Legend: „What? Why?“ Iron Fist: „Go, and talk with him. You know where to find him. As soon you were there, come back to me. I will wait at the North Sea Quarry.“ Legend: „All right...

Legend began to walk, and Iron Fist looked after him. Some time later, The Vagabond appeared and went to Iron Fist. He asked: „Why did you send him to me? Didn't you notice that I was here?“ Iron Fist: „Of course I did, my friend. But he will meet somebody down there anyway.“ The Vagabond: „Can I ask you what you are doing?“ Iron Fist looked at The Vagabond and said: „I am doing your job, Zhong Yuan. We need to talk.

Legend arrived the fourth floor of The Cave of The Conqueror and saw a person from far away, standing where his father normally stands. While getting closer, Legend noticed that it was somebody else. After some steps, he recognized Ruye.

When Legend was in front of him, Ruye said: „Hello, Legend.“ Legend asked: „Ruye, what are you doing here? Where's my father?“ Ruye: „Your father is currently not here.“ Legend wanted to turn away and said: „Oh well... I will come back later.“ Ruye: „Wait, Legend.“ Legend stood still, and Ruye started to talk: „I know, I never told you the truth.“ After a short while he spoke further: „And I am sorry for that.“ Legend turned to Ruye and said: „I thought you are my friend, but I don't even know you.“ Ruye: „I am your friend, Legend. Even if you don't fully know me. And you are my friend as well. Look... I am one of the oldest members of the clan of the Heavenly Demons. I knew Dae Chun, The Emperor Heavenly Demon himself, and I am a good friend of your father, Zhong Yuan LangKe. I was indeed in Tianjin when you were born. And yes, it is also true that I am a few hundreds years old. I am a real demon.“ Legend asked: „A real demon?“ Ruye: „Yes, something similar like The Dark Messiah, your Inner Demon. Only that I was born as demon, with my own body.“ Legend: „Why didn't you tell me so before? Why didn't you tell me the truth, instead of pretending to be a weak warrior and to not know who I am when we first met? Why did you pretend like you could not defeat Shuan Mian back then?“ Ruye: „Your father helped me a lot in the past. After you were born, I decided to take the prophecy about you seriously and to watch over you. But when I saw your will, I just wanted to know you better and pretended to be a young warrior, just like you. Be assured that I wouldn't have let you die back then in the Death Valley. But I wanted to see how strong you really are.“ Legend: „And what about Shen Mo?“ Ruye: „Yes... Shen Mo was a special case. Before I even met you, to be exact right after the war of the nine dragons, I had to make a decision. Through this decision I lost my physical strength, but not my chi kung strength and memories. I also looked different back then. I was this day at Shen Mo to help someone to defeat him, but I didn't pay enough attention and he killed me.“ Legend asked sarcastically: „So you're saying, you lied to me because you wanted to help me?“ Ruye: „Imagine if I would have told you everything at our first meeting. What would have happen? I think you would have asked me all the time for help, instead of trying and doing it by yourself. And maybe you would even see me as a Master, instead of a friend. But look back. You solved many of your problems by yourself, many with help of people who liked what you were fighting for, and you got stronger and more experienced by doing so.“ Legend was silent and was thinking about it. After a short while, Ruye kept going: „You see your father as Master, maybe now Iron Fist too, but luckily not me. I can't teach you anything, because I am still just a member of the Heavenly Demon clan and have to follow our rules. But you know I've always tried to help you as best as I could. I am glad that I've met you. And yes, I consider you as my friend, even as a brother. And even if you don't consider me as friend anymore, you will always be a friend to me. Because I admire what you did and what you do. And I don't say that because I want you to like me again, I say that because it's the truth.

Legend thought a bit about it, then he said: „No... Of course you will always be a friend to me, too... But I was disappointed that you didn't tell me the truth. Yes, it's true, you really helped me a lot. I guess, I have to be thankful for that.“ Ruye smiled and asked: „So... Friends forever?“ Legend smiled too and said: „Brothers for life.

Ruye and Legend hugged each other, and after a while they let go again. Ruye said: „You should go back to Iron Fist now.“ Legend: „And you?“ Ruye: „I'm trying to help you too, of course. After all, I gave my word to The Dark Messiah.

Legend, after saying good bye, headed back to the North Sea. Ruye was standing there and looked after Legend. After a while he looked at a book he had in his hands. He said to himself: „Sorry that I had to take your diary, my friend. But I need it. I promise you, I will write down your whole story, so that the Land will remember you. Even if you will not...

Last edited by Legend on Sun May 08, 2016 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Dragons Achievements:

Acclaim (Bardo)
GamersFirst (Phoenix)
Elysium
Eclipse
* before server wipe
Legend
Legend
The Vagabond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next